Docusign Reviews

4.8

4.8

About Docusign

Docusign helps organizations connect and automate how they prepare, sign, act on and manage agreements. Docusign offers eSignature, the world's #1 way to sign electronically on practically any device, from almost anywhere, at any...

4.7
4.7

Browse Docusign Reviews

8,554 of 8,554 reviews
Samuel
Samuel

Reviewed on 07/10/2022

The finest of electronic signatures Without difficulty and paper

Utilizing DocuSign has been amazing in every way. Without having to bother about printing, it's nice to be able to quickly email contracts and agreements. DocuSign's secure signing system also enables electronic signatures. I frequently use it since DocuSign has made it so simple and quick to review and sign the multiple agreements files and contract papers we must give to our clients. It also saves us a ton of time and protects the environment by avoiding the use of a pen and paper. DocuSign is a tool that I absolutely enjoy using.

Pros

I have the ability to communicate legally binding papers to anybody, anywhere. They don't require that I see them in person or access my business computer at the workplace. Anywhere you want! Make adjustments using templates and save them for later use. It's quite practical to utilize some third-party apps with Docusign. The security and ease of usage are excellent for use with legal documentation.

Cons

The commercial version of DocuSign is more expensive than the alternatives, and I didn't utilize it until the business collaborated with them to make it available to all outside salespeople. For the essential functions of electronically signing a document via a touchscreen or smart device, there are less expensive and free apps available. DocuSign can also be difficult to use because of a function for setting up signatures that takes a long time and isn't truly essential, but you don't immediately realize it.

Reviewed on 05/05/2024

DocuSign has been smooth sailing for me.

Pros

When contractual documents are sent to me, I like how I am able to append my signature on them from the comfort of my web browser and send them back to the recipient, without necessarily even needing to download the DocuSign app.
This ease of being able to sign legal binding documents seamlessly from the comfort , of wherever I am, is while I love DocuSign.

Cons

Nothing for now. I use DocuSign to sign documents at least once a month and as far as I am concerned, it's been a smooth experience for me.

Lucien
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 15/05/2024

Docusign is a product that needs a lot of improvement

Overall a poor experience which ultimately led us to explore using PandaDocs as a replacement.

Pros

Docusign contract open tracking was really powerful for us because it empowered our sales team to follow up and close deals in real-time.

Cons

Docusign is not user friendly UX and extremely restricting when it comes to customisation. We were constantly struggling with clients who couldn't understand how to sign because of the poor UX/UI. In addition, we wanted to add a lot of customisation to our contracts to make them appear like pitch decks but this proved incredibly hard in Docusign. We weren't blown away by customer success and were genuinely surprised Docusign was the market leader at the time.

Top Docusign Alternatives

Piero
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 06/03/2024

The number one system for document signature

I can state that from the point of the approval workflow and paper management Docusign is a game changer and it is one of products that can really (coupled also with powerautomate and other Microsoft system) do the digitalization process that lot of CIO are dealing with today

Pros

I like the overall system and the possibility offered by the workflow to design and adapt your models to the organization you work for. The possibility offered by rest api allow to connect external system with docusign for any signature. We use it for hiring new employee as well as for internal SOP signature

Cons

the fact that the CRf21/11 which is mandatory in pharma field need a separated contract so I have to sign two different contract while it would be great to have a contract that rules everything

Paris
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 22/05/2024

Docusign does exactly what it says it will

Pros

It is very easy to use. It is easy to track and sequence contract signatures. I have never had any issues with it at all.

Cons

It is the leader in the space and so it is the most expensive solution.

Corinna

Reviewed on 13/05/2024

International signature tool with long market experience

Pros

Widely established and well known which means in general people can easily follow the process and are familiar with the steps to proceed.

Cons

- German / European legislation is slightly grey zone (hosting of data)
- Pricing: there are less expensive options

Daryl

Reviewed on 30/04/2024

Docusign- Easy to use and moblie friendly

They have come a long way with how they done things. Much more user-friendly than they used to be.

Pros

How easy to use it was and how mobile friendly it was.

Cons

Not anything i can think of. It has been great to use!

Ally

Reviewed on 06/05/2024

Docu-sign makes electronic docs easier to sign then ever!

Overall I've had a great experience with Docusign and look forward to many more, easily signed documents.

Pros

The ease at completing a signature. It's very fast!

Cons

Requiring a paid account to access certain features.

Lisa
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 15/05/2024

No need to wait for a signature. It's immediate!

Docusign helps us run our business smoothly and efficiently. It saves a lot of time when you and a customer can sign a document online.

Pros

I appreciate the ability to provide documents to customers and offer them the choice to sign and return proposals to finalize a sale.

Cons

I have nothing negative to say about Docusign.

• Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 23/05/2024

Easy to Use

Pros

The ease of adding my digital signature.

Cons

Nothing really, pretty much all good experiences

• Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

DocuSign-Good, but other options on the market

Overall, my experience with DocuSign as a solo was ok. It's an investment and there are other aps that can do the job for less or even free. My experience using it as a corporate tool for over 150 outside sales people was really good. It allowed us to provide an option to everyone and have a standard. Plus, it did incorporate with our contact generating and submitting program. That was very helpful! So, if you are looking for an enterprise wide options, DocuSign is a great product to consider. If you are a small business or solo, it might be overkill for you.

Pros

DocuSign is a great product. It has a lot of awesome features and makes signing contacts for outside sales people very easy. It also integrates with some CRM systems. We used it at my previous company and I helped to push the company adoption of the product. I had been using it and other programs/aps to allow my clients to sign a contract on my iPad, iPhone or their own smart phone/device. This saved a TON of time because there was no printing of paper and also no scanning of paper. I could turn around and email the contact right into the company!

Cons

DocuSign is more costly than other options and I did not use the paid version long before the company partnered with them to allow all outside sales to use it. There are less expensive and free aps out there that work as well for the basic features of signing a document from a smart device or touchscreen. DocuSign can also get complicated with a signature set up feature that takes a lot of time and is actually not necessary ... but you don't know that right away.

Jon
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 29/04/2023

DocuSign is a Convenient and Secure E-Signature Solution

Overall, DocuSign is a great choice for those looking for an easy and secure way to sign documents. The authentication features are robust and the interface is intuitive and user-friendly.

Pros

DocuSign has made signing documents easier than ever. It's intuitive and user-friendly interface makes signing documents effortless. The encryption and authentication features ensure that documents are secure and safe from tampering.

Cons

The pricing for DocuSign can be expensive for businesses with large volumes of documents. Additionally, the learning curve to understand all the features can be steep.

Shayla
Shayla
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 07/02/2023

Docusign speeds up the electronic signing of signatures

Our use of Docusign during contract signing has greatly simplified the gathering of customer signatures. A number of critical steps, including document creation and identity verification, are taken care of automatically by the software.

Pros

With Docusign, my team is able to make use of Docusign Identify, which allows for the safe verification of customers prior to gathering their signatures on legal contracts. With Docusign Identify, we can verify signers' identities before they finalize contracts.

Cons

When it comes to electronically transmitting and signing legally binding papers, I find that Docusign really shines. To my complete delight, this program has exceeded my expectations for the results it has given my team.

Deirdre
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 14/10/2020

Notifications

Overall, I like DocuSign. I've used Adobe for the majority of my career. However, DocuSign has many features that Adobe does not have. I find it to be user-friendly, and so far, have not had any particular issues.

Pros

The software has a lot of great features. One of my favorites, for instance, is how easy it is to correct an error. For instance, if I forget to attach a document, I can go back and attach it without having to start all over again with the set up process. Same thing can be said if I need to add a recipient. I can go back and correct the setup and the recipient, determine if they will receive a copy of the document or will be signing. I will then at the moment, just click "re-send" and be done with it. After the recipient views and/or sign the document, I will get a notification.

Another feature I like, is the fact that you do not need to upload documents. You can drag and drop it. You can also send bulk envelopes and share envelopes between DocuSign users.

With DocuSign, you can also get a history of your transaction, which is great. It shows when the envelope was created, sent, viewed, completed, re-sent, corrected and more.

Cons

You do not receive a notification once a document has been sent as you would with Adobe. However, it is possible if you do the following. For the signing order, enter a #1 for you or other person and select "CC Receives a Copy." Doing so enables that person to receive a notice that the document has been sent. You will continue and enter a #1 as well for the signee. If there is a second signee, you would enter a #2.

Reviewed on 28/05/2021

Difficult to Implement and Integrate

DocuSign is great from the end-user perspective, but they'll leave you high and dry after you sign a contract. Their support is non-existent, and it's difficult to implement any package that falls outside of the most basic DocuSign packages.

Pros

As an end-user, DocuSign is easy to use and navigate. We've been using DocuSign for years, but recently installed the CFR Part 11 Module. One of the only good things about the module is that if it is enabled, it will not allow you to do anything that is not CFR part 11 compliant.

DocuSign also has a large library of resources (more about that below in the Cons...)

Cons

DocuSign was extremely difficult to integrate with our software. The APIs, SDKs, etc were easy to understand and implement, but we seemed to hit roadblocks in unexpected places. Some examples:
- Before implementation, our account exec at DocuSign ensured that we could continue to use our existing DocuSign accounts, and that they would transfer them over to the new module. Months later, we are still having trouble with this and the issue has not been solved
- DocuSign has a large library of resources that are great for the most basic use cases of DocuSign (no integration, manual workflow, non-CFR part 11, etc). Past that, there are very limited resources. We were assigned (and paid for) a designated account manager and support, but every time we reach out to them, they direct us to the documentation. We're then stuck in a loop because the documentation says, "For CFR Part 11 specifics, please reach out to your Account Manager"

I could go on and on....

Nick
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 17/11/2021

Bridging the Gap Between a Traditional and a Modern Workplace

When I was hired on, one of my primary tasks was to develop a way to take four separate facilities with their own unique filing systems and their own administrative procedures that were rooted business practices from the 1960s, and transform them into a single company run from a centralized office with all data storage to be accomplished via the cloud. We designed the infrastructures of the various sites, implemented multilevel reporting systems, and began determining what needs we had for file transfer and storage, and how to accomplish obtaining staff and client signatures on the inordinate number of daily forms required for our operations to be successful. Being able to securely sign documents electronically, have them authenticated and time stamped, then routed to the correct recipient was a feature that we did not know we needed and did not completely believe that we wanted it. Because of the vast array of
Options on DocuSign, we soon realized that if we familiarized ourselves with its capabilities, we could quickly determine the best way to choose the software and hardware that we would be installing at each site. This was a tremendous blessing in disguise for me. We projected that between meetings with consultants and contractors, staff members, and executive staff, it would take us 7-10 days to develop the system we would ultimately use. By becoming familiar with the DocuSign training literature, our team was able to develop and place orders before the end of day

Pros

When I took the position of Clinical Director at this inpatient substance abuse treatment facility, I was presented with the unenviable task of taking four separate and distinct facilities--located across three counties--and streamlining their processes, allowing all executive and administrative functions to be handled at a single office. Near the very top of my list of potential hurdles was deploying a strategy to have all paperwork sent to and processed by our central office within 48 hours. Prior to deploying DocuSign, this project was a nightmare for all involved. Some staff sent in paperwork via e-mail without the necessary signatures or time stamps. Some staff printed out hundreds upon hundreds of pieces of paper, gathered the required signatures, then physically drove the documents to our central office. We were watching time and money disappear due to inefficiency. With DocuSign, these problems disappeared nearly overnight. Staff receive alerts to inform them of the necessary paperwork they must attend to, and they can immediately access the information, verify it, and digitally sign it. A process that cost our company multiple hours a week and resulted in countless missing or incorrect documents was radically transformed into a model of efficiency simply by utilizing DocuSign.

Cons

I firmly believe that for organizations that are currently using some sort of digital file management system, there would be absolutely no difficulty in integrating DocuSign with their current business practices. Our company was at a disadvantage initially because we were not only implementing DocuSign but also making a full transition from traditional filing cabinets and folders to a cloud based system. Attempting to determine the best and most efficient ways to integrate DocuSign with the other software we were simultaneously rolling out was a challenge. Luckily, DocuSign had ready-made instructions that walked us through the implementation step by step.

keith
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 05/02/2023

DocuSign is everything you been looking for and more

Our business practices have undoubtedly altered. We are more organized and productive as a result of it. Getting physical signatures used to be a hassle because of scheduling conflicts. In addition, it has served as a central location for our company's policies, contracts, hiring records, and other records to be kept in order to run smoothly. DocuSign is a very adaptable piece of software with excellent security and dependability that is necessary in our daily job.

Pros

It eliminates the need for physical signatures on documents by enabling quick and secure electronic signing. The platform offers a variety of authentication solutions to guarantee that only authorized users may access and sign documents. DocuSign makes it simple to use other tools and platforms because it has a wide range of capabilities and integrations. It offers an organized and effective manner to handle, monitor, and complete document signature. Additionally, it makes it simple for all parties engaged in the document signing process to collaborate and communicate with one another. It helps to cut down on the time and expenses related to conventional document signing procedures. DocuSign is a vital tool for businesses trying to improve productivity and streamline the document signing process, in general.

Cons

The signers' email addresses are the only identity-verification required. A problem I have with this platform is the address book. If a user inputs an inaccurate name or email for a signature party, the system does not offer a mechanism to remedy this issue; you must instead create a new duplicate contact, which can be confusing when you are attempting to find a specific person.

Elhadj Sadou

Reviewed on 17/02/2023

DocuSign: The ideal solution for a fast and secure electronic signature

Overall, DocuSign is a very reliable and easy-to-use e-signature software that offers many benefits for businesses and individuals who want to sign and manage documents online.DocuSign's advantages include its great ease of use, advanced security, flexibility, and ability to speed up signing processes. Users can quickly and easily add their electronic signature to documents, while benefiting from state-of-the-art security to protect their sensitive information.However, there are some downsides to consider, such as the relatively high cost for small businesses and individuals, the need for certain technical skills to take advantage of all of the software's features, and the potential risk of data compromise. .Overall, DocuSign is a great choice for businesses and individuals who need to sign documents online on a regular basis. The software is reliable, easy to use and offers advanced security features, which can help speed up signing processes and improve overall efficiency.

Pros

DocuSign is an excellent e-signature software that offers many benefits for businesses and individuals who want to sign and manage documents online quickly and securely.First, DocuSign is very easy to use. It allows documents to be signed in just a few clicks, without the need to scan, print or fax anything. Users can simply open a document in DocuSign, add their electronic signature, and send the document to others to sign as well.Second, DocuSign is extremely reliable and secure. It uses state-of-the-art encryption technologies to protect user and document data. Users can also configure additional levels of security, such as two-factor authentication, to ensure that only authorized people can access documents.Finally, DocuSign offers great flexibility when it comes to customization. Users can customize the interface and workflows to suit their specific needs, allowing for more efficient and effective use of the software.Overall, DocuSign is a great choice for any business or individual who regularly needs to sign documents online. It is a convenient, reliable and secure solution that can help speed up signing processes and improve overall efficiency.

Cons

Although DocuSign is great e-signature software, there are a few drawbacks that users should consider before using it.First, the cost of DocuSign can be a barrier for small businesses or individuals. The pricing plans are relatively expensive, which can make the software less accessible for users with limited budgets.Additionally, some DocuSign features, such as interface customization, may require technical expertise. Users who are not comfortable with advanced technologies may find it difficult to take full advantage of the software.Finally, although DocuSign's security is excellent, there is always a risk that data could be compromised. Users should be vigilant about security and take precautions to protect their sensitive information.Overall, DocuSign is great e-signature software, but it's not perfect. Users should be aware of its limitations and be prepared to invest time and resources to take full advantage of it.

Niklas
Niklas
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 02/05/2023

Excellent for storing, managing and facilitating the signing of documents.

DocuSign solves the problem of distance by allowing businesses to have their staff sign documents from anywhere. By reducing the need for mobilizations and client meetings, DocuSign has helped me save time and money. Electronically sign this document and then email it to yourself; now I can focus my efforts on growing my business rather than administrative tasks. DocuSign assists us with everything from incorporation paperwork to annual self-declaration paperwork submissions, and it is also very interactive; we can also download its mobile application for a rich experience.

Pros

All documentation and understandings can be digitized and put away safely, we have been utilizing it for a whereas and it is exceptionally simple to utilize and bother free, I like that I can sign reports from anyplace and I do not have to be go to the office to endorse reports . DocuSign is an great benefit that permits me to oversee computerized exchanges with clients and organizations without clearing out my work area, it may be a basic and solid trade stage that has altogether encouraged my work, the data displayed here is completely solid since it is on the Web, when I send a duplicate of something to a client, I fair got to arrange the signature areas and the computer program will beware of the rest, It is simple to utilize and has an appealing and natural plan.

Cons

Some additional integrations are needed, such as greater file type compatibility, and I wish they had a few more options for writing typefaces or drawing directly with my signature to make it even more precise. Other than that, DocuSign has exceeded my expectations and I could not be happier. A small number of clients who insisted on a paper copy of the agreement caused me problems; they were tough to persuade owing to their lack of trust in digital commerce, but I had no issues with the program's functioning.

Earl
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 30/10/2023

Your New Best Friend

My experience with DocuSign has been a game-changer. Electronic signatures make dealing with paperwork a breeze—it's like having a personal assistant for all my documents. The collaborative features are a lifesaver, turning team projects into a seamless digital dance. The security measures give me confidence, like having a fortress for my important files.

Sure, the pricing can be a consideration, but the efficiency and time saved are well worth it. Navigating through the platform is like a walk in the park, and the integrations make it a central hub for all things document-related. It's not just a tool; it's an upgrade to a smoother, more organized way of handling documents.

Pros

DocuSign's pros are like a highlight reel of efficiency. Electronic signatures make paperwork a breeze, cutting time and costs. The document review and collaboration features turn teamwork into a digital ballet. Security is top-notch, and the audit trail is a guardian angel for accountability. With DocuSign, it's not just about signing; it's about elevating the entire document experience.

Cons

DocuSign's cons are like finding a few pebbles on a smooth path. The pricing can be a tad steep for heavy users, and some might feel restricted by plan limitations. While it's user-friendly, the sheer array of features might be overwhelming for the occasional user. Think of it like a sports car—fantastic ride, but might be more than you need if you're just going around the block.

Beth

Reviewed on 05/05/2021

We're saving so many trees!

Overall we are very pleased with DocuSign. We have reduced our paper and printing cost by $$$ and increased control over our subcontracts. A simple report shows us everything that is outstanding and when it was sent so follow-up is a breeze. Some of our Subcontractors are a little intimidated by it at first, but once they are onboard we have no complaints. They love getting the fully executed contract back as soon as its signed.

Pros

Getting contracts signed and back to us is significantly faster, most within 48 hours. No postage, no waiting for it to be returned via mail, and the ability to see the entire history of the document from the time it was sent to completion. I feel like we have a much better handle on outstanding contracts now. The preset reminders help also, as it keeps the document at the top of the recipients inbox.

Cons

I wish we had the ability to customize reminders by document, rather than one setting for the entire account.
Figuring out how Shared Folders work has been a bit of a challenge.
We have used this software for over 2 years now, and in that time I only reached one support person that I felt truly understood our industry, and therefore my question.
The first two reps we dealt with for training were either not prepared at all, had zero knowledge of the construction industry and how contracts work, or both. Having a better trained staff to get set up would have saved us alot of time with trial and error learning.

Iris

Reviewed on 10/03/2020

Electronic Signing Made Easy

Since the first time I used DocuSign back in the early 2000's I was in love. This has definitely allowed me to quickly advance through my roles at GGSIR due to time efficiency. My ability to work quickly and accurately is what staff and agents appreciate about me. Any program that helps me is invaluable.

Pros

Most simple/efficient digital signing program made thus far! Easy for clients and agents to use. The auto-scrolling function moves you place to sign so no getting lost! The signing envelopes do not require you to login which makes the signing process faster and less stressful. No program has the same level of functionality nor customization that DocuSign offers. This program will shave hours of time off of your schedule as well as professionalize your client interactions and offer submissions.

Cons

No much! Its hard to nit pick but, the only thing I can say I don't like it that if a client changes their signature they have to create a login for a free account in order undo any changes made to their signature. If (at a minimum) the agent can always correct and reset it that would be great! Otherwise that is officially the only negative I would have to report. Its a pending negative, depends on if there is a solution.

Oliur
Oliur
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 20/11/2021

One of my favorite electronic signature tool that saves time and environment

My whole DocuSign experience has been fantastic. I can quickly email agreements and contracts without having to bother about printing or sending them, and they can also be signed electronically using the DocuSign secure signature system, which is fantastic. I use it frequently since we have a lot of agreements files and contract papers to present to our clients and need to examine and sign them, which DocuSIgn has made really straightforward and simple. It also saves us a lot of time and protects the environment by not allowing us to use a pen and paper. DocuSign is one of my favorite tools.

Pros

DocuSign is my favorite online document signature tool, which I use with all of my clients and team members on a regular basis. We've been using it for a long time and have never had a problem signing documents on the fly since then. My favorite feature is that I can email any scanned copy or pdf to a client or team member and they can sign it digitally without having to print it out.
It also has an AI built in that analyzes contracts in real time and provides precise breakdown information. Making agreements and singing them in a completely contactless manner has been nicely implemented here. DocuSign is one of my favorite tools.

Cons

Although DocuSign is a wonderful online signing tool, it could use some improvement in document management and organization. I wish there was a way to categorize them by category so I know which file is where and can send it out right away instead of waiting for it to be found. But, aside from that, DocuSign is a fantastic tool that doesn't have any big flaws or bugs. It performs as promised, and I use it to sign all of my agreements, paperwork, and contracts.

Chauncey

Reviewed on 30/01/2023

Service that makes it much easier to obtain customer signatures.

DocuSign has made it possible for us to save money, since we do not have to spend money on printing documents or contracts for our clients to sign, in addition, we do not have to physically meet with clients to sign a document, that has saved us time, since we can send these documents through DocuSign or via Email. We have been able to close many sales with the help of DocuSign, especially for the signing of the properties we sell in our company. I felt comfortable using DocuSign, it has security certifications and each document is valid internationally, that's great.

Pros

DocuSign is perfect for creating documents or contracts and receiving digital signatures quickly. I liked the creation and edition of documents, DocuSign allows you to edit documents from the desktop app and the mobile app, it allows you to design a contract from scratch, in addition, you can use templates that facilitate this creation of a contract or document to sign. DocuSign offers a status update in real-time, it allows you to know exactly if a document sent has already been signed or not yet, in addition, it allows you to send reminders to the sender or client, to remind them that they must sign the document. DocuSign allows you to add signature fields, with different descriptions, so customers know where to sign.

Cons

The only disadvantage that we present with this platform is that digital signatures are not well known around the world, and this caused most of our clients to have mistrust when we asked them to download this app to send them the contract or document to sign, in addition, being very little known, clients do not know how to use it correctly to sign documents. The only negative point is that, it is not well-known platform and that makes it difficult for you to obtain signatures from some clients.

Adam
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 14/01/2022

Docusign Is the PERFECT software for folks who need electronic signatures.

We work with students who need to have their hours varified by themselves, their practicum sites, and their instructors. This is an easy way to get electronic signatures on those forms rather than them bringing them around for everyone's signature.

Pros

Docusign is awesome for a number of reasons. The reminders are customizable. We work with students and it's easy to pester them until we get our signature! It was the most affordable option for accruing official signatures (Trust me I LOOKED AROUND!) It is easy to so send around get signatures quickly! I highly recommend the use of templates. This has made it SO easy to upload a document and automatically have the signature lines in the places that we need. Then it is easy to just hit send and have it sent to whoever needs to sign. Its also easy to integrate with google drive, saves copies automatically, which is SO nice!

Cons

We have had some issues with the templates. For some reason, the software is very picky on the format of the dates. We keep getting a weird glitch that only allows 7 spaces in a signature (which is only an issue in double digit months and days). Luckily for us, we can just tell our signees to put in a 1 for the day. Customer service wasn't able to find a solution for it either.

airSlate SignNow