Aloha Cloud Reviews

3.7

3.7

About Aloha Cloud

Aloha Cloud is an all-in-one cloud-based restaurant POS solution. With 6” built-for-purpose handheld devices, a user-friendly UI and fast merchant payout, operators can focus on running their restaurant, not their technology....

3.4
3.9
3.3

Browse Aloha Cloud Reviews

Wendy

Reviewed on 18/06/2019

NCR Silver meets our multi store needs

Pros

This cloud based system met the majority of our needs when I began searching for a new POS system when our retail store was adding a second location. I was looking for a system that could be accessed remotely, share information between the locations and could grow as our store grows. The 24/7 Customer Service is reliable and accessible. Most times, a single phone call is all it takes to resolve a problem.

Cons

The biggest drawback was discovered shortly after we began installation. We were told during the sales pitch that our system of alpha numeric sku numbers would easily transfer to NCR silver. The use of the bar code scanners and ticketing system would be simple process. This was not the case. We have to manually key in the alpha numeric sku numbers which is much more time consuming the scanning.
Four years later, we have of course adapted.

Kari

Reviewed on 18/03/2020

Originally a great product, now not so much

I do not utilize ALL the functionalities because I am a bakery not a restaurant so I would like to be able to get a "cheaper" version so I am able to get the most for my money. In the last few months customer service is almost impossible to get answers from and they no longer have the concierge system where I have a specific customer service agent that helps. Its very frustrating to wait on hold and then get told that I am calling the wrong numbers when the website for help clearly states to call certain numbers for assistance. Overall, customer service needs help.

Pros

I liked the ease of set up of this product as well as the ability to run categorical reports. I also like the ability to use this as a time clock system too!

Cons

I would like to see a way to customize each category more, I sell cupcakes, I would like an option for more specific categories and options.

Square Point of Sale and Clover

Reasons for Switching to Aloha Cloud

My sales representative was critical in my choosing this product. My faith in him allowed me the confidence to buy NCR.

Reviewed on 26/04/2017

This is a publically traded company NCR No Way...

They are an awful company. Their support system is a disaster. I don't know how many times I called NCR Silver for support and get a recording "hello we are experiencing an extremely high call volume. We will get back to you..." IF they get back to you it's hours later when customers have already left because we could not complete our transaction.

When my system was first set up, it was set up improperly based upon their support set up. After it was up and running it caused many delays where we could not input customers information and finalize the sale. So often, we received an error message "that item already exists and must create a new ticket" We call NCR Silver and was advised to proceed in an incorrect manner where the issues were never resolved. AFTER 3 YEARS OF THIS NONSENSE, It took my representative to resolve the issue after numerous hours on the telephone.

After all this, I asked for a partial credit to my account as they were responsible for the horrible software program. First, a manager would not even talk to me and flat out refused any credit. Then I asked for her manager. He did not even reply back to me.

This company is supposed to be a publicly traded company. Their program is horrible and customer support is equal par. HORRIBLE!!!! Ger professional NCR and the managers need to start getting involved with a customer instead of acting like they are holier than thou.....

Pros

We really did not like anything about the solftware. It was very difficlut to operate and there are many issues that NCR is not fixing. The multiple steps to complete a customer transaction is too long. They also do not have enough employees where I have wasted large amount of time waiting for their reps.

Cons

When we call NCR as the merchant to assist on failures of the software program, they do not respond immediately. Their phone system states, if you want to wait for the next avaiable representative press #2 on the phone. This message is repeated almost every 10 seconds. This is very difficult and discouraging.... Of course I want to wait for a representative... Do I have a choice????

Response from NCR VOYIX

We apologize for the NCR Silver experience not meeting your expectations. Not sure what happened with the "item already exists" issue, but it should never take that long for a problem to get resolved. Thanks for pointing it out to us.

As with any call center, sometimes reps get busy. That is why our award-winning customer support team also offers text, chat and email support. A text for example can solve simple issues substantially quicker. We also, by far, have the most extensive customer support team out of any cloud POS provider and offer live 24/7 support in addition to free set up, monthly menu maintenance, training and more. It's truly a comprehensive service.

As for transaction speeds, the UI in version 4.0 is extremely fast and it vastly streamlined an already quick customer checkout experience.

We have sent your comments to our customer care department, which will be reviewing it.

Replied 28/04/2017

Top Aloha Cloud Alternatives

Square for Restaurants

Square Point of Sale

Cash Register Express

Patrick

Reviewed on 14/12/2020

Review of Aloha

Good - We enjoyed working with the local branch and helping us set up or system.

Pros

The ability to integrate with many other third party software companies was very important to us. We are anticipating scaling in size quickly over the next few years and didn't want to outgrow our system.

Cons

None - we are happy with the software. We would perhaps like more training so that we can fully utilize parts of the software that we may not know exist.

Toast POS

Reasons for Switching to Aloha Cloud

Our partnerships with other companies already established with our parent company.

Reviewed on 12/11/2020

My Review

Overall, it's been a mixed experience. Our local retailer got bought out by NCR and that's been a difficult process because the level of personal support changed for the worse. One of our largest deployments was delayed by six months+ because they couldn't supply us with hardware! Yes, NCR could not supply the stuff they manufacture. But again, that's not a software issue. Specifically software, it's been a good experience.

Pros

Device compatibility across windows workstations. Ease of end user use and ease of basic programming.

Cons

The worst part for us is the lack of the ability to push out changes to terminals without doing a complete system refresh and taking the entire FOH down for > 3 minutes. Often we'll notice a price or an item issue during business hours and have to take the whole FOH down just to update a modifier or something of the like. Also, there's no compatible tablets that work with chip and pin to line bust and run faster drive thru service. That's more of a hardware issue for sure, but it's a real sour note for us. Additionally the IBER process seems to be pretty fragile when using third party services like omnivore and even above store reporting suites. We'll have an IBER crash at least once a week during a busy shift.

Lynn

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

Big changes in Customer Service and they've lost me

Overall I used to be very happy with NCR silver. The price has crept up over time. They raised the price once and said I now had "concierage" service, but no one seems to be able to explan to me what that meansand they are not nearly as responsive with customer service as they used to be. I have complex inventory questions and cannot get an answer. When I call in (which I rarely have to do now) my issue is complex and the reps that answer are inexperienced and just tell me what I already know. They don't understand what I am asking because they don't use the system themselves.

Pros

I liked how easy it was to use. Easy to set up, user friendly. In the beginning when i needed help and had questions and suggetions the call center reps knew what they were doing and how to help.

Cons

In the last year or two they switched the call center to India. Since I have been using NCRSilver since 2015 I can solve most of my own questions, but when something comes up and I have to call in it is not a simple question anymore, and the employees that are now contracted to solve these issues know less about the system then I do. They seem to be reading from a script. While they are very nice it is frustrating because they cannot answer the question and it has to be put in queue and they have to get back to me. Seems like when that happens the person getting back to me just tells me what I already know. It's useless. I am going to be looking for a new software for my POS system.

Mario

Reviewed on 18/06/2019

NCR Silver review

This is our first POS and it has given us more access and flexibility.

Pros

Stable performance, easy to use interface, good quality stand, printers and drawers.

Cons

We should have access to the programming staff, either directly or via a liaison. There are many small changes that would greatly enhance our experience.

Square for Restaurants and Clover

Reasons for Switching to Aloha Cloud

Seemed like a better product overall.
Justin

Reviewed on 05/05/2023

A review of NCR from a long time user

NCR support is generally very good but the software has a huge learning curve. That said once you learn it, it is unlikely to change.

Pros

Aloha POS is like one of those giant old swiss army knife. Sure you only need a knife but it also has this and that. For when you need them.

Cons

Given the size and base of Aloha its a slow to move monolith and thus feature implementation is limited and slow. For example customizing the button colors on the digital POS screen is only implemented in select cases.

Derick
Derick
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 08/02/2022

NCR Aloha is very robust but needs updates

Overall the system worked well for many years but we ultimately replaced it for a more current option that provided better cloud-based tech for less money.

Pros

Ability to customize things like loyalty, gift cards, gratuity reporting is very good. system is a workhorse.

Cons

Updating pricing and creating buttons takes too long and is too complicated compared to newer POS systems. Customer service not very responsive.

Reviewed on 19/10/2019

Easy to use software!

It makes placing orders for customers so easy because everything is right in front of you on the screen. We are able to take multiple orders at once with this software.

Pros

I like that it's so easy to navigate through the different pages and areas of the software. Everything so self explanatory on the different pages that training someone on it is a breeze!

Cons

I dont like that the software freezes up multiple times a week. When it acts up on one tablet, its messed up on all of them. That can be very inconvenient at times.

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

More than a cash register!

Overall I've been very pleased. I think it's obvious that NCR has taken it's decades of experience working with registers and retailers, fulfilling their needs, and applied it to the Silver app. It isn't the cheapest option on the market but it's way more reliable than any windows PC based POS. I'm not worried about viruses and windows errors or even brief power outages disrupting my business. If I have a wifi connection, I'm in business.

Pros

The back office, inventory management, and customer tracking is terrific. Any system can fulfill the basic need of helping you ring up a sale, but Silver offers features that I didn't know I needed until I had them. Computing sales tax for state filing, locating past customer purchases, super useful features.

Cons

I'd like to be able to add devices without additional fees. I guess I don't understand why having a second device changes anything with regard to the costs incurred. I had a copy of the app on my phone purely as a backup in case something happened to my tablet but realized it was costing me every month for something that I wasn't using.
When wifi is having problems, I wish there would be a way to cache those transactions offline for processing when wifi is connected again. As it stands, I end up using the old carbon copy forms to take and impression and running the transaction later.

Denise
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 19/06/2019

Stress releaf

I have told, shown and recommend your system to many small business owners but they tend to go with other systems due to cost, they love the look on my bar with my 2 ipads on their stands, one for NCR Cimplebox calendar check ins and the other for NCR Silver POS studio sales.

Pros

Ease of teaching my employees, Ease of getting my reports, Ease of looking up so many things like cancelled tickets(times of cancellations would help), helps me keep track on employees.

Cons

Not seeing the integration of my online calendar system, thought their might be a discount for the calendar. Control of emails is a "0" - no means to click on several at a time to delete as I uploaded 6,000+ only to find out I could only use 2500 at a time, not I need to upload them all again in groups. But then if I have duplicates there is no easy way to tell and I do not want to bother my customers with duplicate emails. I also have no idea if my (Cimplebox) calendar emails are automatically going over to the Silver.

Nichole

Reviewed on 10/12/2017

Aloha! Hello!

Pros

Aloha is a lifesaver! I have used many many systems in my 10 years as a waitress and the majority of the companies I have worked for prefer Aloha. The amount of modifiers per entree items help with being intuitive and helps with server training as well. Each entree can be assigned certain buttons that help the servers efficiently place orders with ease of access. There is also a way to add and delete buttons so that should your menu change or need updating, there is a way to update within 24 hours.

Cons

Adding and Deleting buttons is a little complicated if you are not familiar with the system. While you CAN do a lot with the system, it does take a lot of customer support to help any new users navigate through the software. This is a small price to pay for the ease of access that Aloha provides.

Dave
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 20/02/2023

2 good years 2 trash

1st 2 years went off without a hitch.. 2nd 2 years started simply by losing one of my kitchen printers. Fast forward I have no kitchen printers basically 2 working terminals out of 3 everyday we are resetting redirecting somehow trying to keep this piece of **** working Now I have a contract saying in 5 years I get all new stuff I'm currently 3 months away ,can't actually get a call back nobody wants to talk to you .FYI I am running window 7 keep in mind I only bought this 4 years ago brand new.

Pros

Easy Of use. Back of the house Simple The program wants me to keep writing here evidently they are looking for more positive things to say about their company good computer trick

Cons

People behind it Help desk knows nothing my managers are telling them how to do things

Lori

Reviewed on 18/05/2021

NCR Silver for Small Business

The up-time and use of the software is good. Easy to get started with new team members. Back-end functionality needs work. Overall it doesn't cause us too many headaches, so more positive than negative.

Pros

The POS portion of NCR Silver is very easy to use. New team members are easily able to understand the categories and screens. Takes advantage of common iPad functionality. Easy to update products and prices. Friendly interface.

Cons

The back-end functionality of NCR Silver is lacking. Inventory management is slow and cumbersome. Email templates and functionality are outdated. Lack of social media integration and easy ecommerce integration in emails.

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 25/11/2020

Great back office product

Absolutely great across the board

Pros

All aspects of back office management is well integrated into one platform.

Cons

Sometimes has long lags in between screens.

• Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 08/07/2019

Still the "GOTO" program for my business....

Pros

NCR Silver has been a great program for my business as its reliability is incredible- I don't think NCR has ever been down in the years I have been using it. The user interface is very intuitive and even when off-line (ISP down), once it connects up it re-sync's with their main system and all is well. We highly recommend it to all who ask who we use.

Cons

Honestly, the issues that it has, in my opinion, I have submitted general inquiries and they have actually corrected them in a format that helps all connected- haven't found any issues that I dislike enough to warrant a "dislike".

Brent

Reviewed on 03/11/2020

Aloha for Restaurant Chains

Overall very positive, my rep responds to issues quickly. The helpdesk at night and on weekends needs further training to resolve issues quicker.

Pros

The Aloha system is easy to use, easy to update, and is stable.

Cons

I would like to see Aloha partner with large delivery companies to develop a seem less software addition for incoming orders. It also would be nice to see Configuration Center have an option for live screen view when you are building out menus.

Gabriel

Reviewed on 15/12/2019

Needs a major overhaul

Aloha has potential but overall all is cumbersome to use and not efficient.

Pros

Aloha has features that make it easy to adjust pricing and add menu items to tickets. It’s is simple to split checks and take multiple payment methods for an order.

Cons

It is complicated to customize an order of the presets for an item are not programmed in. Deleting or voiding items is not simple and you cannot easily combine tickets. The sales ring in through aloha do not always show up in the main accounting software used by our company.

Vince

Reviewed on 08/05/2017

Ease of use Software

Been using Aloha POS software at three of our restaurants. Easy to train staff. Only negative is that NCR is too big of company to respond to customers needs on a timely basis.

Pros

Quick to learn. Great for multi units operations. No monthly fees, can purchase Aloha outright. Provides necessary reports to efficiently run and operate your business. Durability.

Cons

NCR support response time to issues . Monthly Fees for optional products e-cards, loyalty. Unable to purchase swipe e-cards from other sources.

kelly
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 28/02/2020

Good for certian business

Its been id rate a 7 out of 10. It has helped but it is also limited.

Pros

It is easy to have quick categories to use with this software, see your sale results and send out email promotions. You can use it mobile which is nice.

Cons

You cant really use it for repair store its more for a restaurant based business. Its hard to keep up with warranties and it is limited with customer info notes in the main software mobile.

CJ

Reviewed on 19/07/2018

System Hasn't Evolved In Several Years

Customer service has gotten worse over the last few years and most reps really don't have solutions to anything that isn't basic.

Pros

Very intuitive to use and everything is cloud based.

Cons

The overall system hasn't evolved in 2+ years since we started using it. It's not compatible with Shopify nor is it friendly to any outside developers. There is not a transfer function between stores and the overall reporting is just basic.

Robert

Reviewed on 29/05/2018

Best POS enterprise on market

Have used over 4 different POS enterprises. Aloha and NCR is best service and options no questions asked

Pros

Have used full service, QSR, and mobile pos products and always have been satisfied. Hosted services are a huge plus. Customer support is always painless and quick to produce a solution.

Cons

A little pricey but worth paying. If app is implemented it is based off POS database making some changes to the app not feasible

Ryan
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 14/11/2022

The best if you want success

Just a great product that continues to solidify and evolve seemingly without changing a thing...if there ever was truly an old faithful in business software...this is and has always been it!

Pros

It's the complete package, nothing I can't do, I have always loved Aloha, if you don't have it because you can't afford it, I can understand that. If you don't have it and can afford it...you're just not very bright.

Cons

Price but whatever...it is 100% worth it, if it was mine I wouldn't sell it cheap either...support is what you pay for the product, as expensive as it is, is still worth waaaaaaaay more than what you pay for it in percentage of mistakes lost alone! Dial into your number and find the money for it!

Don

Reviewed on 13/10/2022

Aloha Review

Aloha has worked really well for our restaurants. It is a workhorse. Could be a little better with 3rd party integrations.

Pros

Works well in the restaurant and is easy to train staff on how to use

Cons

Menu management is a little cumbersome until you get used to it.