AlertMedia Reviews

Visit Website

About AlertMedia

AlertMedia helps organizations protect their people and business through all phases of an emergency. Our award-winning threat intelligence, emergency communication, and travel risk management solutions help companies of all sizes...

4.7

• Industry: Food Production
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 17/02/2021

Alert Media Customer Review

Mass communications for weather alerts

Pros

Alert Media is much more user friendly than the last software we were using.

Cons

As of now I haven't had any cons with using this software

Google Alerts

Reasons for Choosing AlertMedia

We made the switch to cut on costs and for a more user friendly platform

Reasons for Switching to AlertMedia

Alert Media was the most user friendly for our company to use

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are committed to providing our customers with an intuitive, easy-to-use platform and are so glad to hear your experience has been positive.

Replied 18/02/2021
Glenda
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 19/03/2021

Steady partner

It has been a good experience. The responsiveness of our rep, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], has really made the difference.

Pros

It's an easy tool to use and I like the notification results information

Cons

I could use a face lift. Looks a bit dated. Some functionalities could offer more detailed or customized usage.

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you for leaving us a review! We are glad to hear you find our software easy to use and have had a positive experience. We are constantly releasing new features and capabilities in AlertMedia. Coming soon are some very exciting updates to the dashboardwe will have your Customer Success Manager reach out with more information.

Replied 22/03/2021
Fred
  • Industry: Sports

Customizable!

We have been able to establish a robust mass notification solution.

Pros

We found AlertMedia to be a flexible solution to our mass notification platform, where we needed to create specific messaging for distinct groups for high frequency messaging and reporting-- we were able to develop and implement the adequate solution with ease.

Cons

At times, there are many layers to look at and even though we can sort these out, the dashboard tends to get busy at times.

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear your experience has been positive and appreciate your feedback on the dashboard; our goal is to keep it simple and actionable. Your customer success manager will keep you updated on exciting changes happening this year!

Top AlertMedia Alternatives

Rick
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 03/02/2021

AlertMedia Review

being able to contact remote employees and give them emergency information is a great tool for us.

Pros

Being able to communicate in multiple ways with employees quickly was the biggest plus more us. Most of the onboarding was easy because AlertMedia was able to take our Directory and upload the information for us.
The geofencing was a great tool for us to be able to pick locations to communicate issue with without needing to figure out who needs this information.

Cons

I like everything about the platform but it would be nice if everything was offered with the basic plan.

Regroup Mass Notification and RedFlag

Reasons for Switching to AlertMedia

Cost versus service, AlertMedia offered the most for our money.

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're so glad to hear your experience has been positive.

Replied 05/02/2021
Travis
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 22/09/2022

Highly recommended for your organization and safety of your employees.

My organization uses AlertMedia to communicate efficiently in the event of an emergency. With our field teams spread out across the country, it is crucial to have a tool like AlertMedia as another digital and communication tool in our repertoire.

Pros

I like that you can mass communicate efficiently and effortlessly.

Cons

The automatic threat intelligence notification is in a different pricing tier, and I feel it should be offered in the base tier.

RedFlag

Reasons for Switching to AlertMedia

AlertMedia had a wonderful presentation and seemed to fit our company's needs more than the competitors. Also, the pricing was much more reasonable.

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you for your review, Travis! We're so happy to hear that you find using AlertMedia effortless and that it helps you keep your dispersed employees connected.

HALLIE
  • Industry: Maritime

Reviewed on 12/02/2021

So Much More than an Emergency Communications Tool

Our experience with AlertMedia has been phenomenal. As the head of Strategic Planning, I implement a lot of software. This has by far been the easiest implementation. From researching the company, presenting the added value to the executive team for consideration, contract negotiations with our legal department, and implementation of our niche departments with varying needs, it has been great. The responsiveness of our Customer Success Manager is fabulous - I'm talking under an hour most times. Truly great experience all the way around.

Pros

This product is so easy to use. It answered multiple needs for our company and allows other admins to take charge of their departments thus alleviating the administrative burden on the top-tier administrator. Buy-in is always a concern when considering a software purchase. With this product, the feedback I have received from department or regional managers is, "If anyone says this is hard to use, they should be fired." This is a win on multiple levels. Plus, all communication is organized and stored for reference later if need be - no endless emails or texts to track down.

Cons

There are some very specific use cases that the graphical data does not support. However, our success manager was amazing at listening to our needs, evaluating the system's capabilities, and providing a solution that works for us. When I say solution, I am not talking about a workaround that kind of gives us what we need, it answers our need. We just got there via a different path than expected.

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you so much for your feedback! We're so happy to hear that your experience with AlertMedia has been positive since day 1 and that our customer success team has helped you build a solution that drives effective communication across your organization. This is music to our ears!

Replied 17/02/2021
Linna
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 04/10/2023

Worth It

AM gave me several months free to try them out, then gave me a really good deal for the rest of the year. They've been patient with our user increases, our technical questions, and our implementation process. Everyone there has been supremely helpful and if they don't know an answer they get someone online to help. The customer service side of it has been phenomenal.

Pros

I've been using mass notification systems my entire career, and what I like most about Alert media is the ease of use, the simple interface, the customization, and the multiple paths to communicate. The Threat Map being a free service was a selling point to me, because other companies required us to pay a significant amount of money extra for that feature. My favorite feature though is the fact that I can see in real time what devices were unable to receive my messages. This lets me know the fidelity of my data, if someone may be in a place where their phone isn't working, or if I have to use alternate methods to contact that individual. That feature, the map, and the price were what made me choose AM.

Cons

I would say that API is a bit cumbersome at times, but other than that I have no complaints.

Patricia
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Reviewed on 08/02/2024

Why i love Alert Media

Pros

the information is vetted, the timing is perfect for me to make last minute decisions to mitigate risks to the staff and to the businesses

Cons

nothing. i appreciate it all. from the threat intel, the weather, the active shooter, the staff, the tool's ease of use, it is all exceptional!

Mike
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 13/12/2023

Strongly recommend AlertMedia

I couldn't be happier with our overall experience with AlertMedia.

Pros

The ease of use for our team and how seamless the process was to get everything up and running.

Cons

The lack of creating multiple public pages.

• Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 24/08/2023

AlertMedia at the Cornell Lab of Ornitholgoy

We occasionally have need to temporarily close due to power outages, etc. Many of our staff have long commutes into work from outlaying areas and this allows instant notification of any closures. We do not have a PA System or means for broad announcements, so our staff has come to depend on AlertMedia notifications for any important, timely messaging from the administration

Pros

I like the ability to communicate with all of our staff in a fast and efficient way, whether it be in the case of an emergency or building closure, etc.

Cons

Generally I can't think of any cons. I've been happy with the product, the customer service, etc.

jacob
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

AlertMedia for Transportation Professionals

Our partners at AlertMedia have been extremely accommodating to discussing our needs and requests and they have been responsive and easy to work with!

Pros

It is an easy software to quickly disperse important information via a wide variety of message types. We can obtain a response to an evolving situation quickly and provide valuable situational updates promptly.

Cons

For our purposes, self-designing a series of dropdown messages would be extremely helpful - not only for the consistency of message being provided but also as a means to link into Microsoft Power Apps and quickly visualize trends and data through dashboards!

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear your experience has been positive. We'll have your Customer Success Manager reach out to discuss some of the exciting features that are coming soon to templatesincluding the ability to create custom dropdown choices.

A dispatcher's Life

The experience with AlertMedia is amazing. Like I said it cuts my time in half to get a message to over 100 people in minutes.

Pros

The software is a great tool to use for my job. I dispatch over 100 trucks with this software it cuts my time in half. I would call everyone give them the orders and then have to text them the orders so it didn't get forgot now I send one text and it calls them also.

Cons

Everything I do with AlertMedia is perfect. There is nothing i would change.

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so glad to hear that we've helped cut down your time to communicate with employees in half!

Robin

Reviewed on 22/09/2022

Easy to use, robust notification system

Our overall experience with AlertMedia has been positive. They are receptive to new ideas/suggestions and responsive to our needs.

Pros

The software was easy to set up and integrate into our network. The ability to create dynamic groups minimizes the amount of maintenance that is necessary. There are a variety of permissions available within the software so responsibility for notification isn't limited to a small group.

Cons

The software has limitations on what unique fields it can use when integrating information from our HR system. The primary field is email (which we know can change) so it would be nice if it could key off associate ID, etc.

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you for your review, Robin! It makes our day to hear that you find our team responsive to your needs and receptive to new ideas. Your valuable input helps us continue to innovate. We will share your feedback about custom fields with our product team.

Donna M

Love AlertMedia!

WIHD uses AlertMedia daily for COVID contact tracing and to get a bead on our employees. We do quarterly drills, to be sure we have captured everyone's information, and use the notification system for inclement weather situations, and building issues. It was easy to set up, the support was, and is, incredible and ongoing....it was really painless!

Pros

AlertMedia is easy to setup and use. The templates are incredibly helpful. It's simple, straightforward AND effective. The customer support is incredible!

Cons

The ability to schedule events was unavailable...until VERY recently and what a difference it made.

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are so glad to hear your experience has been positive and that you are enjoying the ability to schedule recurring events.

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 16/04/2021

Great communication tool!

Incredible from the very beginning! The AlertMedia team worked with us to literally get the system live within a few hours, so we could use it for a snowstorm approaching the next morning. Incredible Team!

Pros

My favorite part of AlertMedia is how easy it is to use. I love that I can monitor the message being sent to my employees in real time!

Cons

I dislike that I can't find more ways to use it in my daily workload! We are currently using it for tracking of employee temperatures, quick announcements and safety messages.

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you for leaving us a review! We are so glad to hear your experience has been positive and that AlertMedia helped you quickly communicate with your people during such a stressful situation.

Replied 20/04/2021
Phil
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 25/06/2020

Appreciative of AlertMedia

Pros

AlertMedia did a great job of product introduction to our key administrators in our organization. As we were continuing to expand the products functionality by having numerous orientations through the review process, AlertMedia never hesitated for another request for a product demo. It made the decision to purchase the product much easier with a lot of feedback from various users. The integration and set-up was easy along with all of the helpful hints from the account manager . Appreciate the continuous product updates. I feel we have a system to now keep our employees informed and safe.

Cons

We are very happy with the product and have no suggestions for improvement.

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear you've had a positive experience with us.

Replied 06/07/2020
Tara
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 26/01/2022

Have been grateful for this software over and over

A blessing over and over

Pros

The quickness we can reach our employees in different states is crucial. We also love the engagement of getting responses.

Cons

not a thing! We have had an amazing and consistent experience for the last few years

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you for leaving us a review! We are so glad to hear that you've had an amazing experience and that AlertMedia helps you keep your employees connected across multiple states.

Replied 01/02/2022
Josh
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

Quick & Easy Platform for Widespread Communication

It has been a pleasurable experience with a good communication platform.

Pros

AlertMedia is easy to use and administer in a global company. I thought it would be difficult but found it to be very easy. It takes very little time to get a message in the system and pushed out to the intended audience. I really like the ability to push out notifications via email, text, phone and app. You can use them all or just one.

Cons

If you are looking for something that is intended for individual notifications, this does not work well. It is intended for widespread communication. This is not really a con for our company as we only wanted it for its' intended purpose but could be an issue for others.

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We are glad to hear your experience has been positive. We are dedicated to providing our customers with an easy-to-use employee safety tool that can be used to communicate with both individuals and larger audiences. We will have your Customer Success Manager reach out with more information about where you can add an individual to a notification.

Jim
  • Industry: Entertainment

Pistons Review

Good experience to this point in our usage

Pros

Easy integration into existing systems, great customer services, easy to use

Cons

Response Time to real time incidents that occur within your designated area and how long it takes to get the alert sent through the platform

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you for your review, Jim! We're glad to hear that you find AlertMedia easy to use and our customer service great. We highly recommend setting up templates to help get the message out faster in an emergency. We'll have your success manager reach out to help strategize about other ways you can reduce response times.

Jonas
  • Industry: Chemicals

Feedback

Pros

The ease of use in employee mass communication. This software is very important in communicating with our employees during the COVID-19 Pandemic.

Cons

Pricepoint but ultimately you get what you pay for and that is an industry-leading mass communication application.

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are so glad to hear your experience has been positive.

Aman
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

Easy to use mass communication software

The overall experience has been good so far. The app comes in handy specially during COVID because of frequent communication.

Pros

The intuitiveness of the application and multiple modes (phone, text, app) to communicate. Multiple group based on various categorization. Easy interface with HRIS. The set up team helped with message templates.

Cons

The set up is easy but the software can include other features such as multiple voice set up with the varied speed of speech depending on the purpose of the message.

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with AlertMedia! We will share your feedback with the team. When recording a voice notification you can either choose a native language speaker from the system or you may also record the voice notification yourself by switching to the Advanced View in the notification panel. Your customer success manager will be happy to walk you through this feature as needed.

Replied 29/09/2020
Peter

Reviewed on 11/02/2021

A valuable resource for our organization

Pros

This product is easy for our managers and administrators to use.

Cons

The software does have some limitations.

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you for leaving a review! We're glad to hear your experience has been positive. Be sure to check in with your customer success manager on any feature requests--we're releasing new functionality quite often!

Replied 17/02/2021
  • Industry: Building Materials
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Jordan Employee Communication

Excellent overall experience for us at Jordan

Pros

We use alert media to keep all our employees informed at the same time. we have 800 employees in 2 different states NC and GA. We have daily safet focus topics that can inform all our employees with 1 touch of a button. We also keep our employees updated on market conditions and weather conditions. We have alot of employees that do not have computers since we are a lumber manufacture. Alertmedia has helped us improve our communication and give every employee the same message.

John Coyle

Cons

Not sure we know how to use the complete software to help our company.

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you for leaving us a review, John! It makes our day to hear that AlertMedia has helped you keep your widespread employees informed. We will have your success manager reach out to make sure you understand what is available to you in AlertMedia and how it can help your organization.

Chantay
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 23/04/2019

Excellent Software, a Must Have Product

Alertmedia allows use to speak to the masses and respond accordingly when we believe we haven't reached a full cohort of employees. It's a critical part of our communications that has helped us to gain the trust of employees and the build the credibility we needed internally. The goal now is to use it far more to communicate our pressing communications needs.

Pros

Alertmedia is intuitive, captures real time key performance indicators, and provides all the functionalities we need in an emergency software. The layout is clean and the instructions are clear. It's hard to make a mistake. It's as if the systems was built to catch errors, allowing users to forge through during an emergency or crisis with ease.

Cons

There are no cons to report at this time.

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you so much for your review! We are happy to hear you have had a positive experience with us.

Replied 29/04/2019
Todd
  • Industry: Legal Services

AlertMedia - Excellent Product and Service

Excellent experience. Highly recommend.

Pros

Easy deployment. Easy use. Excellent service team.

Cons

None. They evolve the product to become better all the time.

Response from AlertMedia

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We're glad to hear your experience has been positive.

Replied 16/02/2021