TouchBistro Reviews

3.9

3.9

About TouchBistro

TouchBistro is an all-in-one POS and restaurant management system that makes running a restaurant easier. Providing the most essential front of house, back of house, and guest engagement solutions on one powerful platform,...

3.8
4.1

Browse TouchBistro Reviews

Kyle
Kyle
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 29/04/2019

TouchBistro POS Review

When I first saw TouchBistro POS sponsoring restaurants on a Gordon Ramsey television show, I thought if he recommended it maybe we needed it as well. I am not at all disappointed by this decision I have made. Traditional tickets are out the door now thanks to this lovely system. You've made our business run smoother, which means more happy customers.

Pros

The TouchBistro POS system is a very easy to use. I don't find myself to be the best at POS systems, but the setup process was basically idiot-proof. Getting everything to work took way less time than I anticipated. Also, I have yet to see this POS system crash, even during busy hours.

Cons

Sometimes there can be a little lag when putting in certain orders. It seems like the POS system is sometimes just trying to play catch up with itself. We have noticed that moving from page to page oftentimes will slow it down. We have learned to not click as quickly now though.

Tammy

Reviewed on 08/12/2022

Needs to come down in price

Okay

Pros

User friendly, great tech support, does a lot.

Cons

Need training to buyers, better then they give. There’s video you can watch, but hands on learning is much better. You have to pay for each service, other POS’s the services come with it. Expert to have more then 1 bill….

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Tammy, thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback and have shared your message with our Senior Support team. - ST at TouchBistro

Replied 25/04/2023
Allen

Reviewed on 02/12/2021

Look elsewhere if you're considering TouchBistro!

This software has steadily gone done hill in the last 3 years. Tech support is horrible, unless you get a mid-level person who knows something. The movement to everything being cloud-based sounds great, but makes daily server reporting tedious and time consuming. HORRIBLE. If i didn't have so much money invested in equipment between multiple restaurants, i would change. If you're new and considering purchasing TouchBistro....DON'T! Look elsewhere!

Pros

Table side ordering. Menu flexibility. Expandability.

Cons

The more they add features, the worse it gets. I highly doubt that the development people have any restaurant experience. Refunding a cc that has been wrung in is ridiculously difficult. To top it off, they have just recently started to move EVERYTHING to the cloud. Including the server end-of-day reports which makes it extremely hard to check credit cards, voids, comps, etc. It's ridiculous at best. No thought whatsoever on user friendliness.

Revel Systems

Reasons for Choosing TouchBistro

Tableside ordering.

Reasons for Switching to TouchBistro

Not really sure...wish daily I hadn't.

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Allen,
I apologize for the issues you've been facing with TouchBistro. Our updates are all made based on customer requests, the cloud-first reporting feature was a popular request to be able to access reports anywhere you are. I will ensure that your sentiments are passed along to the product team for consideration.
- Carly at TouchBistro

Replied 10/12/2021

Top TouchBistro Alternatives

Brian

Reviewed on 16/12/2021

The Best POS system

TB is the best POS system I have ever worked with in 40 years I have been in the restaurant business.

Pros

The ease of switching over from our old system to the TB system

Cons

Nothing . Everything works exactly they way we wanted .

Response from TouchBistro

Hey Brian, thank you for leaving us a review! We appreciate the kind words!

Replied 21/12/2021
CN

Reviewed on 22/06/2019

Worst customer support - EVER

This is one of the most arrogant company's I've ever encountered. All along they've been treating me like they're doing me a favor and I'm bloody fortunate to pay them every month for a service that has now cost me in the thousands over the purchased hardware and rented software thousands.

Soon as possible, I'm off to another provider -- one that actually answers the phone before I have to shave again.

Pros

When it works, which is usually right up to the latest and greatest new "software update", its highly intuitive, its easy for the staff to handle, its easy for me to program, and has quite useful analytics attached.

Cons

It breaks A LOT - and always at the worst possible time, and their customer support would have to be five or six times better to just suck. First time it took them 7 HOURS to return my urgent tech support call - lost a dinner service. Next time it was 9 HOURS -- not only lost dinner... but we lost a lunch service too!!!

Then they started getting better... next time it was only 4 hours... called 10 minutes into the 7th game of the Stanley Cup finals [I missed the rest of the game]. To their credit, I had their support person call me back in 15 minutes [the time it takes to get from my house to the restaurant] - and he was able to fix the problem in just a tick over 90 minutes. Tonight it was 3 hours and 10 minutes before the call back came. I was on my motorcycle [don't talk or text while riding]... called back the number on the voicemail... only to find myself back in a queue. Its been 40 plus minutes so far... but fool that I am, I'm still hopeful.

Robert

Reviewed on 26/02/2024

STAY AWAY FROM TOUCHBISTRO!

Horrible. I seriously don't understand how this company gets ANY positive reviews. Reports are difficult to interpret. Tax calculations are inaccurate - which is a HUGE liability. Processing fees are volatile. Tech support (while they are nice on the phone) takes a VERY long time. For us to spend hours on the phone with tech support weekly is not out of the ordinary.

Pros

The low cost is NOT worth the headaches. Talk about "buyers remorse". We are counting the days for our contract to end so we can go to a competent company.

Cons

Where to begin? We literally have pages of complaints about this system.

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Robert, thank you for sharing this feedback. We’d very much appreciate the opportunity to discuss your experience further. If you’re open to it, please reach out to [email protected] with your account name and we’ll be in touch from there. We look forward to hearing from you.

Replied 07/03/2024
Haley

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

Silvercreek has benefited in many ways from using TouchBistro.

Pros

The most popular opinion from our staff is the ease of use with TouchBistro. The program needs barely any training assistance, staff picks up the location of menu items quickly, customers are impressed with the technology, and in a small space like our coffee house the size of the unit compared to our grandfather of a cash register we can host more treats for our customers.

Cons

We struggle with getting prompt response when in a stressful or urgent situation. Restaurant business is fast paced and requires immediate help, especially if we are stalled in being able to take payment or assist a customer in another way. Guests don't appreciate being asked to wait while we try to contact Touch Bistro unsuccessfully. Email response time is reasonable. We also struggle to offer emailed invoices directly from touch bistro without having to switch over our wifi, slowing down service. We are also struggling to have reliable synching on our online account to view sales reports.

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, Haley!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you're finding TouchBistro easy to use and your customers are impressed with the technology. Good for you for being on the cutting edge!

Please know that we hear your concerns and are actively working to add more certified, in-house, support staff on an ongoing basis.

If there's anything else I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Magan
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Reviewed on 07/06/2022

Average overall

Average

Pros

Ease of use, wireless capabilities, most of the customer service reps are knowledgeable and friendly.

Cons

Does not allow you to put a hold on credit cards for any amount. Does not work when internet is down which it is supposed to store and forward, and it does not. Was supposed to be completely wireless and is now not. Hate to have to pay for more equipment when I pay a monthly fee.

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Magan, thank you for your review.

We are sorry to hear about the issues you were facing. Please call 1-888-342-0131 and our Customer Support team who would be happy to look into this for you.

Replied 19/07/2022
Jill

Reviewed on 26/01/2021

TouchBistro for Bar Industry

Again, TouchBistro has a legit inventory tracking system, you just have to set aside a few hours a day for a few weeks to make it worth it. Also, I have enjoyed simple things like the images I can add to each menu item. It seems silly but in the bar industry we know there are hundreds of tequilas, so when I have a new bartender and a customer orders Don Julio 1942-when my bartender goes to the menu, they can see exactly what the bottle looks like and know what to look for!

Pros

I love the inventory tracking that is available with this POS system. That being said, it does take ALOT of ingredient entry and programming on your end but it is worth it! I also think their customer service is great! We have a direct email contact and Monday through Friday you can logon to their website and chat with an associate.

Cons

I am used to a lot of other POS systems so this just took getting used to. I definitely referenced their "How to step by step" references for a few items. I had to figure out some work arounds in order to account for all inventory. For example, in past systems I've used, if I rang up a shot of Jim Beam bourbon, there was a modifier button for 'Double Shot' and it would automatically deduct $2.00 off the second shot and account for the inventory. In TouchBistro my option was a discount code with a custom modifier that I type in, but it wouldn't account for the inventory, so I had to add a separate menu for 'Double Shots' which wasn't the worst thing but again, a lot of time.

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Jill, thank you so much for your feedback! We put a lot of work into our inventory solution so it's wonderful to hear it's brought value to your business. I will be passing your feedback on to our product team as we are always looking to improve.

Replied 29/01/2021

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Easy to Use

Great app and capabilities, but iOS updates were a huge issue that lead us to find a different POS option.

Pros

iOS based so it's easy to learn and use. Cloud based so I'm able to see sales live without any delay. iPhone app is simple to navigate.

Cons

Even though it was iOS based, there wasn't an iPhone app that would allow you to ring in orders and I couldn't find a heavy duty holder that would also have enough room for the dymo card reader. The last few iOS updates really messed with the software - using sign on screen would close out the app, wifi kept disconnecting, etc.

Nathan

Reviewed on 15/01/2020

Very Disappointed. I need someone from their company to reach out!!

I am not one who usually shares my experience when it's bad but I am leaving these reviews in hope that TouchBistro will reach out to me so I can resolve some issues. We purchased the system and went live back in October of 2019 for our new restaurant. The interface looked good but as far as the system being customizable to whatever you want it to do...It's not that. During our time the system lost orders, had issues updating the menu from the cloud to the POS and ultimately cost us around $750.00. The card readers continue to lose connection, the printers print to different locations randomly, and when the POS updated, it messes up because the Main Hub has not updated yet. We have a fairly small location so to attach a screen to our iMac Mini every few days is pretty challenging and if we don't, we start shift with these problems. That is what lead me to look for another POS and we found one that is far exceeding our expectations. Toast has been amazing! I called TouchBistro to cancel and the rep stated that he would send me an e-mail of cancellation and someone would reach back out to me to finish it up. I was on hold for around 1 hour and 20 minutes the first time I tried to cancel. I did get the e-mail but no-one ever called me back to wrap this up. Today I tried to reach out and was waiting on hold for 42 minutes before getting a rep who said he had to transfer me to the care team to get everything done. I was transferred, waited for about 15 minutes on

Pros

The iPads were ok, and it wasn't too hard to hook up

Cons

Losing orders, connectivity problems, card reader not working, printers printing to different locations randomly, Not very customizable

Toast POS

Reasons for Switching to TouchBistro

Price but after choosing them, We decided to move over to Toast and have been using it for a week and a half with absolutely 0 issues and the customer support is so fast. I get my answers in about 5-10 minutes. It's so easy!

Reviewed on 29/04/2022

Disappointment

Customer support has long wait times - usually 40 minutes or more. You may have to talk to 3 or more people to get the right answer. It is very frustrating when you have high volume and issues and no one to assist you.

Expect chargebacks and no assistance. You have to log into several different systems to research the chargebacks. They do not send timely notifications and you only have 5 days to respond.

Payment Center has business hours and not customer support hours. If there is an issue with a payment that you have received, you will have to wait until business hours to speak to someone via email as they do not like to talk over the phone.

If your salesperson wasn't honest and you got locked into a contract, you have to ride it out. We were told that we could cancel at any time. I had an email but cannot find it so I am stuck for another 6 months. I also notified them that when the time is up, I want out. It is not the product that I was promised. I am very disappointed and would not recommend this product to anyone.

There are better US products out there. This is based out of Canada and the rules are different. I wish I had done more research...

Pros

I purchased, set-up and use the system the most. It was easy to purchase and onboarding was pretty simple.

Cons

They sold me the idea of a great product. We purchased it during COVID and were promised many bells and whistles. First issue - you have some features in the cloud and some features on the Ipad that don't sync. Features - so many features were missing when we signed up with Online Ordering - partial refund, Apple Pay, Google pay, order correction prior to order complete. The list goes on and on. They are definitely light years behing Toast, Square, and even Clover. We have Clover too and I was leaving them to go to Touchbistro. I am glad that we did not leave t

Response from TouchBistro

Hi there, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Please call 1-888-342-0131 for our 24 hour Customer Support team, or send an email to [email protected] with your contact information and the name your account is under so we can look into things for you.

Replied 19/07/2022
Thomas

Reviewed on 07/05/2021

Flaws and bugs in system

Not good!

Pros

The first year went well! I actually liked it.
Then according to their own tech support.. the company took on way too many customers than programmers or tech support could keep up with creating a domino effect of pure frustration and no support.

Cons

Many issues.
Tech support is hit or miss sometimes can take up to an hour get someone. Often they can not fix problem. They "escalate it" which means you will never hear back from them. Remote report app for phone rarely works and full of problems. If its a hardware issue no phone tech support. Have to email and wait for email which takes days.
Would not recomend.

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Thomas, thank you for your review! I have passed this on to our support management team. We are aware our Support wait times have recently been longer than normal, and adding headcount to the Support team is our top priority. Please continue to reach out to Support when needed either via phone or live chat for the fastest response and if the queue wait time is too long our callback functionality is available as well!
Thanks,
Carly at TouchBistro

Replied 12/05/2021
Stephanie

Reviewed on 20/02/2022

Using Touchbistro at Your Restaurant (aka Your Second Job)

I wish any part of it was reliable because the ease of use and customization of so many things is great. As a small business owner I really only have time for one job, running my restaurant not chasing down the solution to why my POS system isn’t functioning properly.

Pros

The only area I am happy with is the reporting. Everything else is truly terrible, time consuming, frustrating and a detriment to my ability to focus on my restaurant.

Cons

They may claim to have 24/7 customer service but that has only worked for us for two of our more than 30 issues in the past two years. The vast majority of issues must be sent off to a different department that does not work nights, weekends, or apparently ALL the holidays that exist in the US or Canada. There are issues on average every week, I have made six calls this week alone. On average I probably spend three hours a week dealing with issues, some weeks over 10 hours spent. There also seems to be issues with the hardware. We used to payment devices at our restaurant, so far 10 have failed. When these issues arise that also results in hours on the phone and days of communication to resolve. I

Response from TouchBistro

Hi there, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Please call 1-888-342-0131 and our 24 hour Customer Support team would be happy to look into this for you, or send an email to [email protected] with your contact information and the name your account is under so we can look into things for you.

Replied 20/07/2022
Anu

Reviewed on 28/11/2023

Fair review

This is the first POS system that we had where we have nothing but problems. They do not listen to customer feedback, and I would not want to recommend this POS system to anyone. I was contracted with them for one year and when I called to cancel, they told me that the canceled is automatically renewed and I have to pay additional charges for cancellation. I agreed to pay the amount because I do not want to deal with them in the future.

Pros

I wish there is something I would’ve liked

Cons

Nothing. Lack of support and inconvenience

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Anu, we’d love the opportunity to discuss your feedback further to help us better understand where we have room to improve. If you’re open to it, please reach out to [email protected] with your account name and we’ll be in touch from there. We look forward to hearing from you.

Replied 06/12/2023

Reviewed on 10/08/2023

8 years with TouchBistro and now getting scammed

Used to be great. Now terrible. Will probably end up switching companies if this is not resolved. Obvious fraud.

Pros

TB used to have great customer service. Not anymore.

Cons

TB has been charging me $15/month for over two years for a service I haven’t ever used. I’ve been directed to multiple people who say they will refund my money and stop the charges only for that person to disappear and have to start all over with someone new. They are now trying to charge me $125 a month for a non processing fee while I wait on them to set up the processing…. It’s insane.

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Andrew, I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've been experiencing with TouchBistro. Please send me an email at [email protected] and we'll have a senior representative reach out to you as soon as possible.

Replied 23/08/2023
Rachael

Reviewed on 08/11/2020

TouchBistro: Easy to use, fantastic customer service

TouchBistro was quite buggy for us, especially in the beginning, but their customer service team is top-notch! Quick to respond to any issues and receptive to implementing suggested features. While there are a few major needs for improvement on reporting, I feel like TouchBistro has grown with our business as we have had the opportunity to customize it to our needs with the TouchBistro support team.

Pros

One of the only restaurant POS systems that has a search function for servers. 5 stars for the ability to hold credit card information for tabs. Backend menu and employee management is the simplest I have ever used. Very user friendly and intuitive. New features and products are being rolled out often and TouchBistro was very supportive of their restaurant partners through Covid.

Cons

Creating and managing the floor plan is incredibly difficult and could be improved. Reporting and analytics are somewhat lacking and something I would like to see improved to be more in-depth and easier to access more information.

Firas

Reviewed on 31/03/2017

Easy to use, intuitive with excellent stats and dashboard.

After researching the market for new POS system for my newly established Cafe/Bar I found Touch Bistro to be superior to many products in the market. It is cost effective, easy to use, doesn't require specialized equipment (Only Ipad, printer and cash till), easy to install and learn on your own and requires minimum training for new staff. One of the most important feature that many other POS don't provide is the dashboard and cloud reporting. I rely heavily on these data to manage my business effectively and efficiently. It provides a breakdown of sales performance over any period of time, connects to my accounting system and load sales data directly into my accounting system, has excellent integration with 3rd party apps such as 7Shifts for scheduling and Shogo for accounting. I'm truly impressed with this product and it's robustness. I have recommended the product to many other business owners and I always get the same reaction of amazement when they see the reporting it provides compared to the POS systems they currently use.

Pros

Dashboard and cloud reporting. ease of use.

Cons

Technical support seems to be overwhelmed and you can rarely connect with them when you need them most. They try to get back to you within 24 hours, but in most cases that's too long and have significant impact on our business.

Max

Reviewed on 27/03/2017

Easy to Program POS

Touchbistro is an easy right out-of-the-box solution for all sorts of styles of restaurant service. It's fairly quick to set-up and support is excellent.

You can easily throw new staff to it and have them come out on top feeling like they understand how to use it very quickly. Intuitive as an iPad/iPhone program should be to new users.

Reporting is very good unless you're expecting TouchBistro to do a lot of the heavy lifting - it's good, but not quite amazing on the back end quite yet.

Be aware of how you organize your products early on for the reporting that you do get. It's only as good as the input and thought you put into it while your business is just a baby - that can come back to nip you once you have a better feel for both the software and your establishment.

Pros

Ease of putting in products + costs, assigning staff, third-party integrations (ie. 7Shifts)

Cons

Some of the reports lack in what they return, Reports should be fully automated, Crashes happen (though not frequently), hard to run in a building with no dedicated network

Bill

Reviewed on 04/04/2017

Best decision ever

We embraced touch bistro over 3 yrs ago in that time they have continued to upgrade and make it better and better. That said the only down side is as technology changes so does your need for newer faster iPads and that is something we did not budget for.
I would never go back to a stand alone POS

Just remember that if you make the jump to tableside ordering wirelessly you will be amazed at how much faster your table
Turns are and effective your servers become . Less staff required because they carry the POS with them no lines at a station. Smoother flow in kitchen

Just take .25 per bill
And put it in a gotta get newer IPad fund and you'll be happier then you have ever been

Bill Justus
Owner chef EKs Grill Kelowna BC

Pros

Just about everything

Cons

Cash layout for required new iPads to retain full functionality

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, Bill!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you say TouchBistro was the best decision ever. We couldn't ask for anything more!

If there's anything I can do to make your experience even better, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Alexandra

Reviewed on 07/12/2017

We love Touch Bistro and happily recommend it.

Pros

It connects with our accounting software so that our daily sales are uploaded automatically.
The app is easy to use and our new staff can be trained quickly and efficiently.
The billing features are really great and allow our servers to manage tables the way the customer wants, not the way the POS wants.

Cons

Adding menu items is time consuming and a general pain. We would love to have a web based site that allows easier uploading .

The reporting features are a bit clunky - for example we cannot check on single item sales totals. Instead we have to download a entire report with ALL items.

Response from TouchBistro

Hey, Alexandra!

Thanks so much for your review. Very happy to hear you love TouchBistro and recommend it to your friends and colleagues.

• Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 24/08/2017

Easy to use from a back office and front of house perspective

good pricing for a product that meets a small businesses needs

Pros

Price point is great for a small independent business.
Ease of use: very easy to train new staff on the software.

Cons

Limitations for custom reporting as well as the frequency of updates - trying when all your programs are constantly changing, albeit for the better many times, tough to keep up with when all (not just touch bistro) your tech is constantly evolving faster than one can keep up.

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for taking the time out to leave a review!

I hear you when it comes to the upgrades!

We are constantly evolving to give our customers the best features and technology available to help them run the best business possible.

The next upgrade happens to be on custom reporting :)

When in doubt on upgrades please give our Customer Success team a call - we are happy to help!

Thanks again!
Mell

Replied 24/08/2017
Dolly

Reviewed on 07/06/2023

Review from Touch Bistro

i am happy using it

Pros

I have been using touch bistro since we open on 2015 and still using it. The POS is easy to navigate and easy to use. I would not try any other .

Cons

When they download new info or upgrade, sometimes it takes so long for the other support to figured it out themselves.

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Dolly, thank you for your review! We're happy to hear you're enjoying the system after all these years! We have shared your message with our team to work to improve on the downloads and upgrades. Thank you!

Replied 12/06/2023

Reviewed on 17/05/2023

TouchBistro POS

Pros

The most impactful feature is the ability to use an IPAD to service guest at their tables. TouchBistro is easy to use with the ability to send orders to our Kitchen staff eliminating paper orders.

Cons

There are no Cons using TouchBistro, integrated easily with our business processes.

Response from TouchBistro

Hi David, we really appreciate you taking the time to leave a review and provide your thoughts. We are happy to hear you're loving our easy-to-use system. - ST at TouchBistro

Replied 25/05/2023
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 10/01/2019

So user friendly

I’ve already recommended it to others to use.

Pros

It’s so easy to use. And the supper team is constantly ready to help. We use it for our restaurant and coulld imagine it without it.

Cons

There are sometimes too many features when all you need is the basics, all of the options can be overwhelming.

Response from TouchBistro

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with TouchBistro. We are glad to hear that you find it easy to use, and that our support team is always available to assist you with any questions you may have.

We’d be happy to continue to support you in the best way possible, and part of that is helping you use your POS to be best of it’s ability so that it is easier to understand, so please let us know which options we can help you learn more about!

Replied 18/03/2019