Commusoft Reviews

4.7

4.7
Visit Website

About Commusoft

Commusoft is a cloud-based workforce management solution for field service companies of all sizes including plumbers, gas and heating engineers, electricians and oil technicians. It helps users to manage customer databases,...

4.8

Browse Commusoft Reviews

Robert
Robert

Reviewed on 17/12/2021

Perfect Management System

Commusoft is an excellent tool for my business and I couldn't be without it now. Customer support are brilliant.

Pros

Everything can be kept in one place, job specific information, reports, certificates & photos. This really helps the engineers on site when carrying out the work.

Cons

Some time keeping features. It only logs travel when travelling to the job, not returning.

MaryRachel

Reviewed on 01/09/2023

Shockingly Grateful

The Trades have the reputation of being behind the times. Once we signed the agreement, we are able to break the stereotypical that plagues the Electrical Industry.

Pros

Two years ago we landed on Commusoft to take us, Voity Electrical, to the next level. Commusoft has delivered and we never looked back.

Cons

The system is so complex and customizable- Its a lot think about and figure out the best way to set-up. FYI- This is self doing. In this moment right now- I have Debit Chase Pipeline, Heat Pump Pipeline, Generator Pipeline, Sequences, ironing out the questions customer care before handing off to the Crew. I have so many solutions and figuring out the best way execute- I am playing the smallest 🎻Violin

Martin

Reviewed on 06/12/2016

Experience with commusoft

When you first start you should be given more one to one help, then mistakes wouldn't happen.
Bit disappointed with the diary and other features, cant understand why I've not been set up on the new system yet which looks a lot better.
Seem to be having lots of problems with the two systems together quick books and commusoft.

Pros

Customer data base, quick to find out what you have done at a property,

Cons

need more training on how to use the software, now ive been using it a while, I'm sure there is plenty of bits I'm not using that I could be using

Response from Commusoft

Hi Martin, we appreciate users have different roles/skills within a business, so we provide users access to our knowledge base which contains videos/guides about how to use the system.

We have training programmes for 1-2-1 training, walking clients through the system and provide consultation on how to adhere to best practises when using the system. Let me know if you want more details.

I've checked with the technical team regarding QB and cannot see open tickets with you on this, please email [email protected] who will be happy to help.

As much as we would love to have all our clients on the new version, the process is not a simple software upgrade and much more like moving from one software to another. This means the process is longer and more complex. We¿ve already started migrating clients as part of the beta program so we can make sure we are ticking all the boxes as your data is important to us, as it is to you.

Replied 09/12/2016

Top Commusoft Alternatives

Gemma

Reviewed on 11/04/2024

A great tool for running our company

Pros

Ticks all the boxes needed to run our plumbing, gas, electrical, minor building works company. We use it for diary management, invoicing, contacting customers and much more. It helps run our company efficiently.

Cons

The support is done over email, there isn't a specific number we can call to talk to somebody over the phone. However, they usually respond quickly.

Jamie

Reviewed on 01/12/2023

Great, All-In-One Package!

Very positive, they've always responded to our questions and issues in a timely manner. We'll be using the software for the foreseeable future.

Pros

The fact that everything is included in one place is a massive pro, from the initial customer enquiry, to the quote, then the job, then the invoice! It means everything can be tracked very easily, which in turn means tracking KPIs is a breeze.

Cons

There aren't many cons, one thing that would be nice is for additional works to contain a parts list.

Georgia

Reviewed on 25/09/2023

Changed our business for the better!

Pros

The diary and maps, work address feature are my favourite features. I love that this JMS is streamlined for planned and reactive maintenance companies like ourselves, particularly working in conjunction with estate agents.

Cons

My accounting software sometimes rejects CIS invoices with domestic reverse vat charge, that is our only flaw.

Aaron

Reviewed on 06/10/2023

Good software system

Good system very little downtime or breaks in service

Pros

Fairly easy to use with handy support feature

Cons

Sometimes feel support doesn't really answer the question you're asking. Can be a bit complicated to use and lots of features are unused. Have to fit how we work to software system not it work around us

kelly

Reviewed on 27/02/2024

commusoft review

we have had commusoft for a number of years and find it a easy and flowing system

Pros

This is a easy system to use i have used different software over the years and this has to be the most easiest

Cons

the only downside is that you have to buy extra data when you have run out

Gemma

Reviewed on 10/04/2024

Seamless job management

Pros

It is such an easy to use system, we can monitor ongoing works, check engineers notes, store images and invoice from one place.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to transfer tenant addresses when a landlord moves home.

Pauline

Reviewed on 22/03/2024

Game Changer

I really like this app - its a game changer

Pros

It keeps track of all jobs and customers - The reporting is excellent

Cons

Can be hard to to put some things on - but it takes practice

Rob
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

I would not hesitate to recommend the software and support team at Commusoft.

The availability of Commusoft allows us a competitive edge as a 24/7 service provider, and ensures we remain at the forefront of advances in information technology.

Pros

Following the introduction of Commusoft into my business in 2011, Commusoft desktop and mobile platforms have allowed us to tailor their software to our specific requirements, with the ability to customise data and KPI reports and retain them to suit our business needs.
Prior to the integration of Commusoft, we used hard copy documents, accounting and certification packages to manage the business. Post 2011, Commusoft now handles this virtually paperless, with total transparency for all users.
The management of jobs for employees and sub-contractors is simplified from the point of initial customer enquiry, through to work completion and live invoicing whilst our engineers are still on site.
Existing customer service reminders are also a benefit, including the availability of customer details, appliance data, work history, photo images, etc. which saves time by allowing our engineers and administrators live shared work updates.
Live engineer status when en route to customers’ homes via vehicle fleet tracking, which customers can view through their smart phones when our engineer accepts their specific job. This is beneficial to both parties as customers are not needlessly waiting at home for our arrival, ensures our engineers are not waiting to gain access, and assists safeguarding with engineer name, photo ID, and industry certification detail availability prior to their arrival. The routine upload of live site images also aids the resolution of possible discrepancies.

Cons

Nothing that hasn’t been quickly remedied through the live assistance of the Commusoft support team.

EJ
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 02/01/2019

Excellent diary software

Overall we are really impressed with both the diary software and customer support which is fantastic, we have had to call a few times where we did not understand somtheing and the issue was explained right away and the problem solved.

Pros

We really like the option for our engineers to note the locations of the boiler, gas meter, and stopcock, this information is vital to us as we have a lot of repeat business for estate agents and often the tenants are not home and knowing the location of the boiler and gas meter really saves time for the next engineer who may not have attended the property the previous year.

Cons

One of the things we least like about using the software is the issues we sometimes have when one of our engineers says the job is complete when in fact the job has been scheduled for consecutive days which means you have to completely add a new job as you cannot add a new event on the same job. This, of course, is a user error, where the engineer has clearly misunderstood the question, the engineer does mean to say he has completed the works for that day. I think it would be great if this error could be undone without having to add a new job.

Response from Commusoft

Hi EJ,

Thank you for the review, we really appreciate it and we're glad to hear that Commusoft is saving your team time.

With regards to engineers accidentally completing jobs - we understand that will happen from time to time, so we actually do have a way to undo it and un-complete the job. Our client services team will send you more information on that! :)

Thanks!

Replied 07/01/2019
KERRY

Reviewed on 04/07/2019

Commusoft Feedback

We have had a brilliant experience with Commusoft and all the staff we have come in contact with. In particular, our trainer was exceptional. Very patient and thorough when explaining processes. Nothing was too much trouble and queries were responded to promptly and in detail. The only comment we have about training is that it would have perhaps of been useful to split the training sessions to have some before we went live with the new system and then the remainder post live to go over the finer details etc.

Pros

The automated functions within the system such as service reminders and, feedback notifying customers and engineers of bookings. Having the ability to build and brand templates so we are more effective with resource and helps to reduce error giving a more professional image. The reports and costing functions are extremely useful and again will save on resource and enable us to focus our business more.

Cons

It would be useful to preview emails (e.g. service reminders) before they are sent. There have been a few items we have raised that would improve the functionality but these have been taken on board and being considered for future development.

Sue

Reviewed on 28/07/2020

Commusoft for Minor Works

Overall I find Commusoft pretty user friendly, but then I have been using it for four years and like anything, the more you use it the easier it becomes.

Pros

Once you know how to use it Commusoft is easy to work with on a daily basis and quite intuitive
I don't think we could run the Minor Works department without this software - the job histories and the notes section have been invaluable. The engineers generally have no problem using the mobile software
Commusoft are very open to suggestions for improving any areas/features that don't work for your business if they can and they are very quick to respond to any queries either by e-mail or on the phone

Cons

I miss being able to merge properties, as you could on the old Commusoft - sometimes a tenant gets set up as a customer instead of a work address under the estate agent - so being able to merge was useful for correcting this.

On some of the reports you can open the job from the report but then on some others you can't

Rebecca

Reviewed on 10/09/2020

Commusoft has revolutionise the way we work

Reduced admin time with diary management and invoicing

Pros

We've been using Commusoft since December 2019 and with 6 engineers out on different jobs it has streamlined office time spent in diary management and invoicing not to mention the history building on each property of all the jobs carried out and appliances in situ.

No more handwritten and lost certificates everything is all stored in one place.

It integrates really well with Xero accounting system. The training and set up support made the transition at our busiest time of year really easy.

It's well work every penny we pay for it.

Cons

Some parts require too many click steps to carry a task - i.e. sending an invoice

Simpro

Reasons for Switching to Commusoft

Recommendations from others
Suzanne

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Excellent Customer Management Tool

Pros

Although Commusoft has been used by our company for a few years, I have only used it in the last 4 months. I find the software very intuitive. If I struggle to find out if something can or can't be done my first point of contact is the help section. This is great as you often come across things that you hadn't thought about yet and implement to improve / streamline your company's processes.

If the help section doesn't give me what I need the Commusoft team are only ever an email away. Their response times are usually within a couple of hours. If you have a bespoke request they are more than happy to work with you to implement this.

Would highly recommend this package to anyone in this line of business.

Cons

I haven't worked with it long enough to come across anything I don't like about the software yet.

Raj

Reviewed on 05/06/2018

Commusoft helped us save time spent doing admin work, helped us manage our customers better.

Pros

Working with Commusoft has been a great experience from the start. The training has been fantastic and made sure we knew what we were doing. When they upgraded us to their new system although it was very different they made sure we were trained again on all the changes. The new version is a massive upgrade, so we are very happy with that.

We use most of the features everyday - setting up customers, sending service reminders, invoicing and filling in certs. We just started using the MailChimp integration which means we can send marketing emails to all our customers, which is really improving our customer service

Cons

There is so many features that it can be a bit overwhelming, but having the support available an email away means we can always get help.

Adam

Reviewed on 03/10/2021

Commusoft is great

In my opinion, this specific product is good user friendly. you do have to take time and invest in trying to understand the methods and process is that already exists within the software and have a clear understanding with regards to how you would like the software to operate with those two things in mind you can approach their customer support team that can talk you through implementations.

Pros

What I liked was the ability to be able to repurpose already set up systems that can be utilised in my specific way for my business.

Cons

As with all software, there are some limitations that exist within the software I have also used to competitors software over the years and I have found commusoft to be the best value for money and the better product

Sebastian

Reviewed on 23/07/2019

Never looked back

Back in 2014 I had a real issue convincing my business partner to leave his old fashioned paper diary behind and now 5 years later I cant believe there are still people not using Commusoft (although speaking to other Engineers on training courses I would estimate 1 in 4 use Commusoft now).

Pros

So meany features that makes life so easy - really love the online booking feature and online payment system makes life so much easier

Cons

So much to learn - unless you want to pay for training be prepared it can take months if not years to fully appreciated and utilise all of the features in Commusoft

CHARLEY
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

Invaluable in assisting with day to day tasks

Commusoft takes the stress and hard labour out of many office tasks, everything is in one place, making the day to day running of the office as smooth and pleasant as possible. I would highly recommend Commusoft.

Pros

simple and easy to use, have never experienced any issues and someone has always been the other end of the phone and or an email to assist with anything i have been unsure of.

Cons

I have no complaints, I look forward to discovering new features.

Sam

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

Happy Commusoft Customer

My experience of using Commusoft has been a very positive one.

Pros

Commusoft is very easy to use and it meets our current business needs. We have been using this system for a number of years now and would highly recommend it to others.

Commusoft offer great support and always get back to me within a day and then follow up to make sure that everything has been resolved.

Commusoft continues to be developed and improved upon which is also a positive.

Cons

I have no issues at all. The software does everything that I need it to do.

Brian

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Professional from the start, Commusoft have got a great product backed up by a very thorough...

Pros

The ability to manage your business in one package whether a large company or small. The software has been designed for trade professionals, it is very extensive and constantly being updated, Commusoft team are willing to listen to their customers for input and potential idea's. Being such a complete package means there is a lot to learn, and although the training may seem costly on the surface of it, once you have had the training you can understand why you need it, there is so much you can do to tailor the software around your company. One of the rep was amazing at going through all the features, and although there are some complicated sections, she was patient and thorough which meant we got the most from the training. The backup is excellent, they respond via email or phone promptly and always make sure that the question/query is dealt with.

Cons

The cost of the packages and the training means you have to make sure this is the right software for your company, however when looking at the training, once you have been through the training you understand why the cost is what it is. As usual, you pay for what you get. This is a tailored piece of software.

Katrina
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 29/04/2019

Training calls

Commusoft has made a massive difference in the daily running of the business, from booking jobs in to quotes and invoicing customers. We can now keep track on previous customers, send out service reminders, leave notes for the future, etc. Thank you to the support team for all the support and training.

Pros

There is so much to the software to help make the daily running of the business more efficient. The training calls were great, on everyone I learned so much more about what it could do and how to make it better for us as a company. Support team gave us so much support on every call and helped us critique the system to improve it for our business. Would definitely recommend the training calls and the system.

Cons

There is so much to the system it is difficult to know everything, but thats why it is so important to have the Training calls.

Greg

Reviewed on 07/01/2020

Electricians

I can say the overall use of this is fantastic and have and would always recommend the software.

Pros

1 - All jobs sent to our electricians.
2 - No lost paperwork.
3 - Pictures of all jobs.
4 - Easy to use

Cons

I do not have many cons about this other than. If you have more than one person with the same name and you have a lot of people, you can not see the second name fully when adding jobs. You can not bulk delete notifications do if you have a big build up. You can not use this feature.

Steve

Reviewed on 09/03/2022

SR Hall ltd review of Commusoft

Absolute brilliant software and works well in our company.

Pros

We like the way it Integrated with our accounts package and the ease of transferring data form Commusoft to Sage. The programme is also useful in planning your workload for the day and week ahead.
You are also able to keep clients up to date with all works going on and keeping all materials updated and costed.

Cons

Set up was a bit tricky but support were brilliant.