TaxDome Reviews

About TaxDome

TaxDome is a practice management platform that helps tax, accounting and bookkeeping firms, as well as CPAs and EAs, manage both internal processes (workflow, CRM, reporting, secure document storage) and client-facing activities...

Browse TaxDome Reviews

3,037 of 3,037 reviews
Lynnorra
Lynnorra

Reviewed on 12/01/2022

One-Stop-Shop for Accountants

I have been able to drastically reduce other subscriptions in my technology stack by approximately $2,300/year by leveraging Tax Dome.

Pros

I love that billing, client portal, document sharing, and communications between the firm and the client is so seamless! I use this to manage my practice and scale services in one place. This has been a huge time saver for me without having to switch between multiple systems just to send a email or request key documents.

Cons

At this moment, TaxDome doesn't allow for reoccurring payments for monthly clients but this is on their roadmap for implementation. Additionally, just understanding where "FIRM LEVEL" documents can be stored for team use is another place to understand how to be more efficient. I was able to solve for this by making my firm an account and portal to use just like clients! Lastly, I do think it is a huge upfront investment when you have a team of 5 or more, but the annual savings is key here.

Dubsado and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

I enjoyed that everything was in one place.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Tax Dome has a Accounting Firm Focus and useful templates that assist with workflow management and automation.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you very much, Lynnorra. Your feedback is much appreciated.

You can upload documents to the Private folder since this will be visible to you.
But, you already found a great solution, it can be more convenient and organized to have a separate account for your firm documents.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Replied 01/04/2022
Anne

Reviewed on 15/11/2023

Tax Dome is Awesome

The product and service are exceptional. I switched from Click-up.

Pros

Ease of use. Value for the money. Customer support.

Cons

Getting two signatures from two different people with one email address is difficult.

I am very concerned about pricing and product features going forward with the company growing so rapidly.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Anne,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are happy to hear that you find our software. We aim to provide the best service and experience for our users.

Regarding your e-signature feature concern, We would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. If you would like to contribute ideas, please do so by submitting a feature request by clicking the blue question mark icon in the top right corner and selecting Feature Requests.

We also understand your concern about pricing. We know that this can be a worry for some users, and we want to assure you that we are always looking for ways to improve our system and provide more features and benefits for our users. We will always strive to make our system worth your investment.

If there is anything we can do for you, please reach out to us.

Reviewed on 28/10/2023

Great in theory; not in practice

Would not recommend it.
In concept, I think TaxDome could be a great product, but it seems like they don't get the user experience and the workflow of actual accountants. I wish as they were developing their features they would jump on calls with clients and observe how they expected the feature to work and make the according changes. I am very tech saavy, but so many of their features are just so unnecessarily cumbersome or don't do what we need them to.

Pros

They are constantly making updates. The client portal is a much cleaner experience then the software we moved from. Customer service is responsive (even if not always helpful; see cons). I like being able to send clients messages and task lists - that is very helpful.

Cons

Customer service is VERY responsive, but they often seem to misunderstand what we are asking. They will propose solutions and workarounds that don't solve the problem we are describing.

There is a very active feedback board that seldom gets comments and updates about where certain features are in the pipeline. As soon as you suggest a feature it's put in the "under review" category but some features have hundreds of votes and have been "under review" for over a year with no comment from TD.

Financial Cents and Canopy

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

SmartVault was difficult for clients to navigate; their "Request Docs" had a lot of bugs.

SmartVault

Response from TaxDome

Hi there!
Thank you very much for your review. Our product team would love to hop on the phone with you and see how we can make the platform work better for you and understand your pain points.
Your name isn't visible on the review so can you please send an email to [email protected]? We'll make sure it's handled right away.
Thank you!

Replied 03/11/2023

Top TaxDome Alternatives

Firenze
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 10/01/2024

Your clients will thank you!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this software, as an end user, and will not consider working with a company for my tax prep who does NOT use this platform.

Pros

As someone who trusts the pros to prepare my business and personal taxes, I used to HATE collecting all the paperwork for tax season. It's still not my fave job, BUT the Tax Dome software and checklists actually make the process less stressful for me, by making it easier to track my progress and see what I still need to find. Anything that makes your clients happier/less stressed is a win for you as the accountant, AND will increase their timely compliance - and the fact that it makes it easier for my accounting firm to complete my taxes = less time spent for them = lower fees for me. Win-win-win!

Cons

Really, nothing. It is an elegant solution to bringing accounting and tax prep into the 21st century.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Firenze,

It's incredibly rewarding to hear how TaxDome has transformed your tax preparation process into a more manageable and less stressful experience. Knowing that our software and checklists are making a significant difference for you—and in turn, your accounting firm—truly motivates us to keep innovating.

We're overjoyed that TaxDome is not just meeting but exceeding your expectations as an elegant solution for modern accounting needs. Your enthusiasm for our platform is the highest compliment we could receive, and we're thrilled you're a part of our community.

If you have any suggestions or need assistance, please contact us.

Have a great day!

Replied 21/03/2024
Jacob

Reviewed on 13/11/2023

Incredible CRM for Accountants

Extremely helpful! The customer experience has been wonderful because I feel like they actually want me to succeed with using their software.

Pros

All its many features that allows me to have an all in one solution to offer for my client's satisfaction.

Cons

I wish it had a lead form that could go directly on my website instead of just a link to a signup portal.

HoneyBook and Dubsado

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Onboardible did not meet what I needed in my business, it had way too many issues with it and I was searching for something that would blow me away. Taxdome has done that for me

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Accounting was the sole focus with this software and the questionnaires and all the forms were what stood out for me, along with it doing many of the other features that these softwares offered as well.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Jacob,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are delighted to hear that you appreciate our many features that allow you to have an all-in-one solution for your client’s satisfaction. We aim to provide the most comprehensive and convenient service for your tax practice, and we value your feedback. We are glad that you found our system useful and effective for your business.

We would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience using TaxDome, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the blue question mark icon in the top right corner and selecting Feature Requests.

If you have any questions or need assistance, please let us know.

Tim

Reviewed on 03/11/2023

New to TaxDome

Pros

We researched a number of practice management packages but ultimately decided to go with TaxDome due to the number of features it contains, and all its functionality is available to the Pro subscription with unlimited clients, unlike others that increase pricing for certain functionality or when you exceed a certain number of clients. We have not fully implemented yet, so our opinions are based on our experience so far and the research we have done, but we like the portal functionality, the fact that clients can use their mobile devices to upload documents to or view the portal, the integrated e-signatures, and the ability to lock drafts until payment is received.

Cons

During our research, the most-often cited con with TaxDome was the complexity in implementing the system. I would have to agree with this. I think part of the complexity is because of the extreme flexibility and customability of the program. There are numerous videos and help topics available, far more than the other programs we researched. We wish that some of the best practices in setting up things like accounts and contacts were more available, as when you are setting up the program you don't always understand the downstream implications until you get to that part. I think once we work through the heavy lifting of setting up and customizing the program to meet our needs, it will be invaluable to improving the efficiency and technology our firm employs, especially with respect to automation.

Financial Cents, Canopy and Firm360

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

The Thomson Reuters CS Suite (Practice CS practice management, NetClient CS portals, FileCabinet CS document management) are clearly legacy products and not where Thomson Reuters is focusing their R&D and future roadmap. However their new offerings are not ready for prime time, and their legacy products lack modern technology (like robust mobile apps and automation). This forced us to look outside the TR ecosystem, and we also wanted to be free to switch tax programs in the future if we chose to do so (we are currently using UltraTax CS, another legacy program).

Fixed Assets CS

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

We felt it had the best feature set and pricing structure.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Tim,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are delighted to hear that you like TaxDome because of our number of features, functionality, and pricing. We are glad that you like our portal functionality, mobile device compatibility, integrated e-signatures, and payment locking features. We hope that these features will help you provide better service to your clients and improve your processes.

We understand that it can be overwhelming to set up and customize a program that has so many options and possibilities. We want to assure you that we are constantly working to improve our user experience and provide more guidance and support for our users. We offer free and unlimited chat and email support, screen-sharing sessions, and a knowledge database with plenty of help articles and tutorials. You can also check out our TaxDome Academy.

Aaron

Reviewed on 29/10/2023

New User with high expectations

So far the free trial has been a good amount of time to put TaxDome through the paces with a handful of actual clients. The integration with Zapier has also been key to help easily integrate the tech stack.

Pros

I like the front-end client experience. I've had several compliments on the ease of the client portal and the ease of uploading documents.

Cons

I wish CPA Charge worked with the TaxDome invoice bill payment feature.

Zoho CRM, Trello, Canopy, Canva, QuickBooks Online, Asana and Xero

The need for automation.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

The number of integrated features really helps replace at least half of the tech stack I was originally thinking of incorporating in my initial designs. I'm so glad I gave TaxDome a try first!

Response from TaxDome

Hello, Aaron! Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your experience during the free trial. We're thrilled to hear that you've had a good amount of time to thoroughly test TaxDome with actual clients! We appreciate your positive feedback on the ease of the client portal and document uploading.
Regarding your feedback on CPA Charge and the TaxDome invoice bill payment feature, we value your input. We'll take this into consideration as we work on future updates to enhance the functionality and compatibility of our features.If you have any further suggestions or if there's anything else you'd like to share, please feel free to reach out.

Replied 10/11/2023
Linsay

Reviewed on 16/08/2023

Setting up a practice and TaxDome

So far my experience has been great even though overwhelming. Customer service has been super helpful and the library of resources is huge. It's just a lot to take on at first, but I'm hoping it will pay off exponentially.

Pros

So far I'm still in the set-up phase, which is overwhelming, but I like the ability to be able to set automations so that work will move forward without someone physically doing it. The client portal is easy to use and can be branded. The document storage and portal are what drew me to TaxDome, but the other features are empowering for someone setting up a new practice.

Cons

So far there is no ability to just preview a template without adding it to the pipeline or workflow, which is creating a huge mess of tags and other items that will require clean up. The ability to view in the library without adding would be huge.

Canopy and Karbon

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

The pricing is better and more options are included in TaxDome without having to purchase add-ons like Canopy. Karbon wasn't right for my size practice.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Linsay,

Thank you very much for your review. It is valuable to us!

We are happy that you like our software, and the diversity of features we have to offer including our automations feature and document storage.

One of our main aims is to make everything available in TaxDome so that you do not have to switch between multiple apps or programs and keep everything in one place.

We would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas, and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner, and selecting Feature Requests.

If you have any questions or need assistance with anything please let us know.

Replied 13/10/2023
Darren

Reviewed on 05/08/2023

TaxDome Replaces DropBox, Secure Portal Exchange, and CRM

Overall, its been a great experience. I love the fact their is a white glove on-boarding process which has been extremely helpful to my firm to help me understand the Tax Dome system and features a lot better. I would definitely recommend this software to my tax pro and accountant colleagues.

Pros

I love the fact that TaxDome replaces DropBox, Secure portal for file sharing, and CRM. TaxDome not brings these three components together, but then you also get a client portal, workflow management tool, automations with your workflows.

Cons

Like any new system, there is an implementation and adjustment period. This isn't really con, but it would be the only pain point, but totally worth the time spending on implementing and adjusting to the tax dome system.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Darren!

Thank you for your insightful review of TaxDome! It's fantastic to hear that you're enjoying the multitude of benefits it brings to your workflow. The integration of file sharing, a secure portal, and CRM functionality sounds like a game-changer.

It's impressive how TaxDome combines these essential components into one cohesive platform, along with added features like a client portal and workflow management tools. The inclusion of workflow automations further streamlines your processes, saving you time and effort.

Regarding the implementation and adjustment period, your perspective is valuable. It's quite common for new systems to require a bit of time to adapt to, but it's reassuring to hear that you view it more as a transitional phase than a true con. Your positive attitude toward investing time in learning and acclimating to the TaxDome system highlights the long-term value it provides.

If there is anything we can do for you, please reach out to us.

Replied 09/08/2023
Nicholas

Reviewed on 15/06/2023

Always Improving

Pros

The TaxDome team is always improving their product by taking customer input into account.

Cons

The dashboard could be more robust in regards to reporting features. I wish there was an area to track profitability of clients.

Canopy

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

We were using too many different softwares for workflow, collecting payment, e-signatures, etc.

Jetpack Workflow

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Pricing for Canopy was much too high. TaxDome also seemed to be more driven on tax services.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Nicholas,

Thank you for your review. It is valuable to us!

As you mentioned before, we would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner and selecting Feature Requests.

Have a wonderful day!

Replied 05/07/2023
Caitlin

Reviewed on 27/01/2020

Everything I need in one place

I have only been using TaxDome for a couple of months but am already noticing a change in the workflow. The setup is a bit difficult, as with any new software, but I am anticipating great things to come. So far I am enjoying the software and would recommend to any tax professionals.

Pros

I love the organization that this software brings to my firm. I can create tasks, assign tasks, communicate with clients, record billing amounts and track receivables, and keep track of what tasks are outstanding and to which staff member tasks are assigned to. This software allows me to keep a live and easily accessible audit trail of work to be completed, work in progress, and completed work so I no longer have to search individual client files for notes. This is the hub for all firm tasks and is a program my staff and I will use daily.

Cons

Some of the functions are difficult to navigate and time consuming to implement. There was also a little confusion upon set up of what I needed to do, specifically regarding the task/pipeline area. I also found the pipeline/task/tag area difficult to find as it is located under the settings tab which I would typically attribute to account settings and not task setup.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Caitlin. Your feedback is valuable to us. You can schedule an onboarding session with us by going here: [ https://taxdome.com/15] for us to assist you with setting up your pipelines and discuss the functionality of the software.

Also, to request new features, https://help.taxdome.com/article/203-how-to-request-a-new-feature-i-need - our product team is very engaged and active on our feature request board.

Replied 02/08/2021
Kristin

Reviewed on 24/04/2020

Saved Our Firm

TaxDome has saved our firm. There is no way we would have survived tax season with out it. I highly recommend this product. It brings everything all into one place. Document storage, portal and work dashboard.

Pros

This is super easy to use and get set up.

Our clients love the portal. We love how status updates can be automatically sent to the client to keep them in the loop of what stage their tax return is in.

Customer service is amazing. If you have questions, there is a chat feature and they respond very quickly.

Since this is a new product they are always adding new features.

We like how there is a to do list & kanban view of tasks. We also love the messages feature where you can send direct messages to the client.

Cons

This is a new product so there are still a few features missing. They are working on adding e-signature for 8879's which would have been great to have during tax season. They are adding new features all the time so hopefully this will be available soon.

It would be nice to be able to put notes on the face of the kanban cards so you can see them by just glancing at them and not having to open them up.

There is no way of knowing if documents have already been downloaded. If a client uploads tax documents, there is no way to know if anyone else in the firm has already downloaded them or if new documents have been uploaded there is no way to distinguish them.

Canopy and Karbon

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

We felt like we really didn't know what we needed to work on. We were still keeping track of everything in spreadsheets.

Jetpack Workflow

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

All in one features. It was like both Karbon and Canopy all in one. The cost is great too.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Kristin!

Thanks for the review. KBA is available for 8879s - https://help.taxdome.com/article/72-getting-signatures-for-your-documents#7

Check out the recent blog post on the release of Jobs, which will allow you to leave notes on a Job (card in a pipeline) - https://blog.taxdome.com/news/2020/08/13/jobs_redesign.html

Replied 27/08/2020
Sandy

Reviewed on 02/12/2020

Ease of Use and Customer Service

My overall experience with TaxDome to date has been very positive. I just finished my 2 week free trial and am excited to fully customize the software and use it to its full extent. I feel that it will make a big impact on the organization of our team and the overall client experience.

Pros

I love the ease of use for the client and the available app. I've practiced using it as a client and it is so easy to sign up, activate and upload documents and information. I have also utilized the onboarding on several occasions and have been very pleased. It's been easy to schedule a session and everyone I spoke to has been extremely knowledgeable and patient.

Cons

Creating the pipelines and understanding the relationships between tasks, templates, automations, etc has been challenging and will be time consuming to fully customize, but I feel it will be worth it in the long run.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Sandy,

Thank you for your feedback!

Replied 29/07/2021
NANCY

Reviewed on 05/02/2021

Exactly what I've been looking for

I am going to save SO MUCH TIME. TaxDome has centralized all that I do. Before TaxDome I needed my portal, DocuSign, Google Forms, Excel, Word, Notepad, etc. The amount of time I spent just in the administrative side was crushing. The process of getting an 8879 uploaded to the portal, off to the client for secure signature and back took 45 minutes to an hour. Now it's 5 minutes or less. I've gone from having so many different windows and apps open to needing only TaxDome and my tax prep software. What a relief!

Pros

It seems to be written by people who actually know how an accounting firm works. User documentation is fantastic as are the numerous tutorials. I was easily able to answer most of my questions and get instructions on how to do what I needed without needing to contact a live person. In fact, I was able to get set up and operational without any help from support. The interface is very intuitive.

Cons

In the beginning, TaxDome is a little overwhelming. I'm still getting used to the product terminology regarding clients and engagement letters which they label contacts and contracts. Those two words looks so much alike that it caused me a bit of confusion sometimes.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Nancy,

Thank you for your feedback!

Replied 21/07/2021
Erika

Reviewed on 28/05/2021

Powerful Tool for Your Accounting Business

I am going to be using TaxDome as an all in one tool to run my practice. So far, I am amazed by how much time it is helping me save. It will also help me to hire a few employees and staff since I am growing. It makes it easy to track and delegate tasks.

Pros

I like most that this software is an all-in-one tool. It is packed with useful features and can streamline the way that an accounting professional runs their firm. The support is also excellent, offering white glove, in person onboarding and well organized manuals. I have also heard from my clients that the client interface is easy to use. They have been more responsive to me on this tool than the tool I was using previously.

Cons

The pros about this tool are almost the cons! There are so many features to unlock and learn about. There are also a few features that need to be added into it (although I see that it is still being devleoped). It needs to have a feature that allows the firm to sign documents as well as the client (rather than using a pasted signature that is easy to forge). It also needs to have more templates for workflows and contracts (or at least better ones). I also think that TaxDome would benefit from a user group in which users can share best practices and templates and tools.

Canopy and Jetpack Workflow

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

The tools I was using required a lot of manual processes and did not have a streamlined interface. I was also just looking for a practice management tool, and then I came across TaxDome, which does more than just practice management.

SmartVault, RightSignature and Trello

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

TaxDome has more features at a lower cost and was recommended by more of my peers.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Erika,

Thanks! We have a facebook group for TaxDome Users, please join! https://www.facebook.com/groups/taxdome

We also have a feature request board where you can communicate with our product team directly.

Replied 31/05/2021
Patricia

Reviewed on 10/06/2021

Great but ready for improvements.

My overall experience has been awesome. Even with my concerns the support and resources have been useful. I love the Facebook group and the responsiveness from all the representatives. I liked being able to just start working on my file and every time I started to feel overwhelmed, I just asked for help and it was there. That's invaluable and hard to explain until you start to experience it. That's exactly what I want to show my clients. If you are overwhelmed by taxes, let me help. I guide you through the process.

Pros

Customer support, online videos, and all the resources. I'm a jump-in and get started. I don't want to schedule a demo, I don't want to talk to anyone I just want to get my feet wet. I can quickly determine if I'm going to like something or not. I always learn by playing around with things. I LOVE how I could sign up and then start asking questions and scheduling help once I learned my way around the software.

Automation of workflow. My reason for actually purchasing the software is the automation. I want to save time (eventually) with setting up my system to keep my clients informed every step of the way.

I also love that I can quickly look at my clients and send emails based on where they are in the completion of their projects. I also find the auto-reminders for clients to do something incredibly useful.

Cons

I don't like the projects. My biggest worry is I'm going to miss a project for a client. That just can't happen. The pipeline is taking me time to get used to and I'm trying to remember the point of it. I do think once I get it down it will be VERY helpful. I'm more concerned that I do the same work every year or month or quarter. I just want a way to easily know that every client will at least get on my to-do list with the jobs I need to complete for them.

Financial Cents, Canopy, Jetpack Workflow, ClickUp and Asana

Price for features.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Price, signature requests, reviews from customers, and automation.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Patricia,

Thanks for your feedback. This helps us a lot. We have recently released recurring jobs so you no longer have to remind yourself to add jobs for clients as they'll automatically be added for you: https://help.taxdome.com/article/290-adding-recurring-jobs

Replied 19/07/2021
Richard

Reviewed on 06/09/2021

Great Mid-cost CRM Option

The chief business problem we've solved is not having to search email accounts for files that clients emailed to us. That's a great feature.

We've also solved the issue of not having a CRM that required tremendous amounts of design and customization work. Our old CRM was great, but its care and feeding to make it do what we wanted it to do was a ton of work (both partner-level time and contractor time). TaxDome on the other hand was about 60 hours of partner-level time and some of their support time (which was free).

I'm really impressed by TaxDome's responsiveness to its user community and the speed and pace with which they are innovating their product and adding new features.

Pros

1. Inbox+ is a game changer as far as features go. That's the feature in TaxDome that automatically moves emails from clients to a firm-wide burndown list that allows you to check them off as you resolve items. That means you don't have to spend valuable time in tax season rummaging through your mailbox to sort the client emails out from the sales/junk emails, which is very handy.

2. The immediate copying of email attachments sent by clients into the clients' document field is incredibly helpful. We used to spend so much time shuffling client data from place to place when they would email it to us instead of using our portal. Now it's all automatically there for us to work on when we need to and we can flag particular items that we need the clients to add.

3. The monthly subscription feature is huge as it allows you to add seasonal staff on demand and only pay for them when you need them.

4. The support is exceptional. All of my experiences engaging with TaxDome's staff live (I haven't tried email/chat) have been exceptional. They're well trained and know their product. I have had to spend a lot of time with them (which is free) in order to fully deploy our implementation of TaxDome.

5. TaxDome is continuing to add to their product and innovate. The product lives and evolves from season to season. Many vendors in the tax industry make only tax-change-required updates to their products each season. TD has a well-communicated list of forthcoming priorities.

Cons

1. Integration is somewhat challenging because there isn't API integration with our tax software (CCH's ATX). There is pseudo integration in the form of direct desktop upload and print to TaxDome through a PDF printer (which is handy), but that only allows data to flow in one direction and when manually prompted. That said, the only competitive products that I reviewed that offered API integration were literally ten times the cost.

2. Telephone integration is simply absent from the product. We use ringcentral.com as our telephone provider and what we were accustomed to in our prior CRM was direct integration with RingCentral. That meant that every time a client called or we called a client it was logged in the system and we could attach notes to specific calls about what was discussed (or bill for the time) without separate action on our part (the same way that TaxDome handles Inbox+, which was very handy).

3. There is no good way to manage prospective leads in TaxDome. Interactions are defined as "accounts" (actual clients) and "contacts." Automated processes within the system cannot run on contacts.

4. Good at managing the existing practice, but it's poor at the sales activities that you need to grow.

5. The eSignature interface is somewhat clunky and doesn't compare favorably to non-tax eSignature products. It's just as good as any eSignature product I've ever seen in the tax industry.

Tyler

Reviewed on 08/07/2022

Great Overall All-In-One Software But Client Communication Needs Improvement

One other thing that can be cleaned up is the Academy. Just having a list of a hundred videos is difficult to find what I am looking for. If this was organized better, I may learn better ways to utilize TD.

Pros

I like the security and the portal the most. It is one of the most important needs. The workflows can be made as complex or as simple as I would like and they make work more efficient.

Cons

I would like the ability to edit documents directly in the TD environment. The messaging feature is severely lacking. It would be nice if there was a main messaging page in the left panel. It would bring up a list of all messages, instead of having to go to the client then to their messages. As we do more than just taxes, and we offer bookkeeping services, it would be nice if we could link QBO to TD in a way that when the account Uncategorized Expenses in QBO, TD would send a chat out asking what the transaction was for. The would be able to select from the list of accounts currently in QBO.

Karbon and Ignition

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Tax partner had already purchased this when we formed our company, so we decided to stay with it.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for your detailed feedback, Tyler. We appreciate the ideas you shared with us.

Documents can be edited with our PDF editor, or if you open up a document on the TaxDome drive and make changes, it will be saved to TaxDome as well.

As for your other ideas, I would like to refer you to our a Feature Request Board, which is available to our paying subscribers. Firms can submit feature requests and upvote existing ones. The requests with the most votes get prioritized.

We would like to inform that we are constantly working on the improvement of our features and software.
Please let us know if you have any questions or need assistance with anything. We will be happy to assist you.

Replied 11/07/2022
Marc

Reviewed on 30/10/2022

Tax Dome Document Management

Setup is pretty easy, but it would be nice to have a file transfer system that could handle multiple folder to folder transfer setup so that everything from your old portal could be transferred to the tax dome portal in one fell swoop versus transferring everything manually from folder to folder via the tax dome drive.

Pros

The document management system seems quite robust, and the security and encryption features built into the software seem top notch.

Cons

The ability to have nested folders that are assigned a different privacy / security level versus the parent folder is a negative feature that must be worked around by creating a separate file folder chain.The ability to print from your tax software and have the files go directly into the proper account and file folder (Like SmartVault has) is a negative that I'm hopeful that will be developed quickly, as navigating to the correct folder every time a different client needs to be uploaded to the secure portal will be a royal pain in the ***.

Onehub, ShareFile and TitanFile

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

SmartVault was kind enough to implement a 288% price increase for the 2023 tax year.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Tax Dome presence and support in the tax community and affiliation with NAEA and NATP were the main reasons I went with Tax Dome.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Marc. Your feedback is valuable to us.

As of now, the privacy level of the top-level folder will be applied to all subfolders, and can't be changed individually. However, we have a Feature Request Board for our paying subscribers where feature requests can be submitted, and existing requests upvoted. We already have an existing request for changing the privacy level here: https://taxdome.canny.io/feature-requests/p/subfolder-permissions-not-just-top-level-permissions
Please feel free to upvote, and submit a new request regarding the transfer process, so that other firms can upvote.

If you have any questions, or need assistance with anything, please let us know.

Replied 29/11/2022
oralia

Reviewed on 18/01/2022

excellence

I have used simliar software and this is by far easier more effective and moderately priced

Pros

Easy and functional great service and works with my preferred tax software

Cons

customer service, is not what I would prefer had trouble reaching and interacting with representative who called me back.

Teamwork.com and Wave

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Did not use enough, not cost effective

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

it is integrated with software

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Name, your feedback is valuable to us.

We're sorry to hear you were not satisfied with our support. Please feel free to reach out to us if there's anything we can do to help. Also, we wanted to let you know that you can book a training session any time by clicking on the question mark icon in the top right corner of your portal. Our support is completely free and unlimited.

Replied 04/04/2022
Erica L
Erica L
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

Best Bang For Your Buck

So far, this has been a great investment. The pricing for what you get is very doable, and the fact that I don't have to keep up with a million things anymore is definitely worth the price tag of the software!

Pros

It has all of the management tools you need to keep up with not only your tax clients but also your bookkeeping clients in one place. Before, I was using multiple systems and tools for each, but now I can pretty much use just TaxDome. It has all of the features, including messaging, a client portal, emails, and tasks, and automates just about all of it. You can get very detailed in all of the things you need to do within your practice all inside this software.

Cons

The setup process is very time-consuming, and getting the workflow automations into the system is a bit challenging. Also, clients have to sign up for an account which means that there is another username and password they must remember, which can also be challenging.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you very much for your detailed feedback, Erica. We truly appreciate it.

We are happy to hear that TaxDome replaced a bunch of other applications. This is one of our main aims - to have everything in one place and be able to use only TaxDome along with your tax preparation software.

As you already mentioned, since TaxDome is an all-in-one software with many features, it may be a bit overwhelming at the beginning. We are happy to hear that you like our customer support team since we give our best to help our subscribers and make the learning process as easy and fast as possible.
We have free and unlimited support, and we highly recommend scheduling at least one session so that our representatives can walk you through, and assist with the setup. We also have a lot of learning resources like help articles, our TaxDome Youtube channel, TaxDome Academy, our FB Community, and more.

As for the clients, they can download the mobile app to their phones, and they can do all the necessary things from there as well. They would have to set up a 4-digit code and can log in without typing in the credentials every time.

If there is anything that you need assistance with, please let us know - we are always just a click away.

Replied 09/12/2022
Brian
Brian

Reviewed on 20/01/2023

Still working on deployment but overall I am very excited and grateful that this team exists. Our industry needs people that care about accountants as customers instead of profit vessels. This is the first company in a really long time that I feel actually gets it and is putting their customer before their profits. They are actually providing a ridiculous amount of value.

Pros

This system is packed with most things you need to run your practice. I have used most softwares.. They always seem to be missing something that their company things is little but is actually critical. like pdf scanner vs photo taking when getting documents in through the app, or having a recurring task auto populate monthly for something such as sales tax filing. It seems as though TaxDome really understands their customer and I think these other platforms better watch out..... This company is coming to eat their lunch.

Cons

Deployment for sure. A product as feature dense as taxdome is sure to come with a lenthy rollout but I think it can be done much better..first TaxDome gives you multiple ways to get things set up. good thing is it appeals to different peoples way of doing things i guess but the bad part is that it adds complexity to an already overwhelming deployment experience. While they have great customer service, there def isnt enough time. I think this is something the company is probably working on while they are scaling im sure.A suggestion would be to instead of sending a client a deployment checklist, send them to a path of videos walking them through a checklist that is on the same page.Have the chat direct them there until that process is finished then bombard them with messages.Have them do that to complete all of the basics than have a mandatory more than 45 minute customer service call.I know 45 minutes is already a long time however I think this platform requires someone dedicated for atleast a few hours to really work out the kinks .

Juliana

Reviewed on 15/02/2023

Works right out of the gate

really good experience so far. Automating recurring tasks, due dates, automated forms will be huge for my business.

Pros

The client portal is so easy! it's saving my life helping me be so much more organized. I used smartvault before and this is way more bang for the buck.

Cons

The arrangement of accounts versus contacts is not my favorite but it's getting the job done. I am very excited about getting all my projects set up on automated pipelines although the learning curve has been steep for me. I was able to migrate, get organizers set up and send the portal link to all clients in one day. Editing templates and figuring out the workflow is taking me a lot longer but I believe the set up will be worth it's weight in gold in 2-3 months! Pricing had a little bait and switch on the annual contract agreement. Would be nice if the "$50 monthly" price didn't seem like a trick due to the 3 year advance contract requirement.

SmartVault, Canopy and Firm360

SmartVault's portal SUCKS

SmartVault and Asana

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

better fit for my practice, ease of trial

Response from TaxDome

Hello Juliana,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us, it is valuable to us!

We are delighted to hear that you are finding our client portal easy to use and that it has helped you become more organized. We understand that switching to a new system can be challenging, and we appreciate your patience as you learn the ropes.

Please know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas, and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner, and selecting Feature Requests

Regarding pricing, we would like to inform you that the recent change we made to our pricing system is to better match the value of our software and its features. We also understand the importance of consistency in pricing for our long-term customers. Therefore, we have provided an opportunity for firms to keep paying the same price as before with our multiple-year plans. We want to assure you that we do not have any tricks or bait in our pricing. We always strive to be transparent and upfront with our customers about our pricing and terms. If you would like to learn more about this change, please take a look at this article : https://taxdome.com/pricing

Replied 09/03/2023
Katherine

Reviewed on 24/04/2023

Worth it!

Spent several months setting up various items to get started prior to tax season. But as with any new program, you don't know what you don't know. So the first year was a little trial and error before we were able to determine what worked for us and what didn't. That's the beauty of the program, you're able to customize it to fit your needs.

Pros

Love all the features, from bulk emails to workflow. My favorite are the pipelines. I'm able to set up multiple pipelines for projects such as LBD tax returns, Sales Tax Returns, Annual repeating pipelines for business tax, annual report, etc. Tagging the client as an individual or tagging the company, either way you are able to add all jobs to a pipeline without thinking, keeping a list or worry about missing anyone. I love the fact that TaxDome is constantly evolving to meet the needs of the users.

Cons

The user settings. Need the ability to restrict settings per user. Currently it is all of one or none of any. If you don't want a user to be able to delete an invoice and you restrict invoicing, they are not only restricted from deleting and invoice, they are restricted from viewing, or creating an invoice.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Katherine,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your kind feedback. It is valuable to us!

We are happy that you like our software, and the diversity of features we have to offer.

We would like you to know that our departments are working on improving the software all the time. We appreciate all ideas, and try to listen as much as possible to all suggestions that come from our subscribers. If you would like to contribute suggestions or ideas that you might think will improve your experience in using TaxDome, or if there is anything you would like to share with us, please do so by submitting a feature request. You can submit a request by clicking the Blue Question Mark icon in the top right corner of your portal, and selecting Feature Requests.

Have a wonderful day!

Replied 27/04/2023
Fabian

Reviewed on 28/08/2023

Feedback

Pros

I am just using TaxDome in free trial so I can't comment yet on the final implementation. Compared to other products on the market I like the technical support and unlimited document storage, which is usually not included in products from competitors. Also, the app looks more advanced compared to the others on the market.

Cons

Understanding how to setup / customize a pipeline to my needs wasn't very easy to understand in the beginning, even after I've done the same while testing other products on the market. Apparently, technical support is included so I'm sure with a little help, I will fully understand the system. I don't know if it's possible to adjust the layout of the portal (colors of the menu etc.) to match the company's CI, during the demo call I was told the portal is whitelabelled so I assume this will be possible somehow. If not, that would definitely be something I would appreciate in the future as the competitor's products offer that.In addition I would love TaxDome to issue QR payment slips directly when the invoicing is done through the portal. I understand it's possible to pay by credit card but that's not that common in Switzerland. Having an invoicing pipeline where at the end of the process (when the client is providing electronic signature for his tax return), the portal automatically generates an invoice and QR payment slip so clients can just scan the QR code on the screen with their mobile app, that would be a dream come true. To me, that would be a major advantage compared to other products on the market where it's a pain to use the portal's invoicing automation as a non-US company.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Fabian, thank you for sharing your insights on your TaxDome trial experience. We're pleased to hear that you appreciate our technical support and unlimited document storage. Your feedback on the initial challenges in setting up and customizing a pipeline is valuable, and we assure you that our technical support team is here to assist and guide you through any difficulties.
Your suggestion about issuing QR payment slips directly through the portal is fantastic, and we'll certainly consider this for future enhancements. We aim to make your experience seamless, especially in regions like Switzerland where QR payment slips are more common. Thank you for considering TaxDome, and we hope to continue exceeding your expectations. Have a nice day!

Replied 22/11/2023