About Patriot Accounting

Patriot Software offers accounting software for American businesses and accountants. Patriot's accounting software is affordable and easy to use for the non-accountant, but has powerful capabilities for accountants. Patriot...

Browse Patriot Accounting Reviews

Lucy G.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 23/03/2020

Incredible Customer-Service and Strongly Valued Customer Input

Above providing a great software that suits the needs of a small business like ours (without being overly complex), they have outstanding customer service and value fulfillment of customer needs.

Pros

We wanted something that we could tailor to our own needs and that we could more seamlessly transition, from how we previously operated our accounting. We wanted something that was not overly complex to adapt to but that was also able to execute our accounting needs. It's challenging to find programs to best suit the flow of your daily tasks and that can also be flexible with function. Patriot fit all those needs.

Cons

Over the years of using this program, we have asked for many changes (with varying degrees of importance) and I cannot think of one that has not been fulfilled by the Patriot team. I'm not sure how they do it, but they seem dedicated to providing customer needs and to help ease workflow however they are able. They are regularly working to improve their software and needs of customers.

Julie Z.

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

User Friendly Comprehensive Payroll Solution

Mostly all positive. I have always been able to contact support and get answers to my questions (even if I didn't like the answer because a feature was unavailable). There is somewhat a lack of communication to partners.

Pros

Patriot Software is easy to set up and easy to use. Everything is spelled out on the screen. There are very minimal clicks to accomplish basic payroll tasks. Patriot is also VERY up-to-date on tax law changes and communicating to users. Support is knowledgeable and hold times are very reasonable.

Cons

Ability to schedule different employees into different pay schedules. Lack of job costing. Lack of ability to pay an employee who works in multiple cities in same week.

Duane A.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

Fair value for benefits and peace of mind

Patriot has helped with organizing and tracking how much an account has received or spent for a year total. If there is any issues customer support has been friendly and supportive in helping resolve the issue quickly.

Pros

Pay roll tax filing eases worries and makes business functionality easier The availability of having a support staff to call with questions is amazing.

Cons

Adjusting the bank totals to match the starting values. When printing checks you are unable to add things in the memo line.

Kelvin B.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

K. Baker Review for Accounting Software

Great tool for Small Businesses

Pros

Easy to Setup and Management. Critical Part of us receiving a PPP Loan.

Cons

Expand the program to allow project based billing and invoicing.

Paulina N.

Reviewed on 30/04/2018

It is a user-friendly cloud-based accounting system for small business owners and accountants.

What I liked about it that it was quick and easy to use. The software did all the accounting jobs such as bill pay, paid contractors and vendors accurately, tracked the payments, and generated reports. It is great that it is available in the form of application.

Pros

This software is very easy to use. It allows to track customer invoices, pay bills, print forms and pay vendors. It also integrates with other Patriot products, such as Patriot payroll. One of the awesome features allows users to create default prices for products and services and specify the sales tax rate. In addition there is also a view of unpaid invoices and record payments from customers. In the report section users can track account balances, view balance sheets, profit and loss statements, vendor payments and more. This system is available in the form of application as well which is great, you can access your data from anywhere anytime.

Cons

I experience some problems at the beginning with setting up the system, however, there are videos available for trouble shooting that are very useful and the customer service is very effective and responsive.

Debbie F.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 14/01/2021

I love the name, and love that it can produce my payroll easily. Every interaction with one of your employees has been successful and satisfactory.

Pros

PS easily helps me to accomplish producing my Payroll and tracking the financial history of my employees.
I greatly appreciate that there is always a person to talk with within five minutes of when I called. There is no substitute for that. They are knowledgeable, friendly and always helpful.

Cons

Since I am somebody coming not coming from a financial background at all it would’ve been helpful to give me a list of what I needed to do when I first signed up that would walk me through how to accomplish my goals, instead, I had to put the pieces of the puzzle together myself. It all did turn out fine but it was stressful for me.

Also, there is no one report that will show me on a daily or weekly or even monthly Basis just on a single line what each of my employees brings in, gross income.

I’ve not been able to get assistance figuring out how to do that so I have to do it on a separate ledger myself.

Nichole D.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

WE LOVE PATRIOT

We switched from QuickBooks to Patriot in May, and we are SO HAPPY we made the switch! Patriot is able to do everything that QuickBooks can, but for a much more reasonable price. Patriot also does a lot of things automatically that you would have to manually enter for QuickBooks. Patriot has made my job a lot easier!

Pros

Automatic features (i.e. transaction rules), clean design, free of clutter! Also, LOVE Patriot's customer service! <3

Cons

I was emailing Patriot support about this - but we would really appreciate the ability to send invoices to customers and charge their credit card (instead of having the customer fill it out). We have customers that we charge every month and would love to be able to do that through Patriot, we're currently using mHelpDesk

Barbara M.
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 11/01/2021

Patriot Accounting works well for very small businesses

Patriot software is great for people who don't need highly sophisticated customization and want to get the work of accounting done easily and simply.

Pros

Easy to use, easy invoicing, easy payment tracking

Cons

Can't create prepayments and debit against them.

Sandra G.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Reviewed on 21/09/2020

Patriot Software

Overall, a very user friendly software

Pros

User friendly and easy to add employees and vendors

Cons

Cannot print checks in vendors using 2 different accounts.
Would like to be able to control what reports and icons to select as shortcuts in payroll and accounting

Gus L.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 28/09/2020

Great product

it is great, never any issues and easy to use.

Pros

I utilize the software to manage payroll, tax reporting, and other accounting functions.

Cons

nothing, it is easy to use and meets my companies needs.

Terry K.

Reviewed on 17/08/2015

Easy to Use, Reasonable, with Good Support

I'm glad I found Patriot Software.

I own a small business and was using a local CPA for my payroll, which occurs every other week. Many checks were cut for employees on Friday payday using estimates for their taxes and net. It was always a concern on Monday or Tuesday each week when I'd send in employee hours to my CPA that I'd have them by Friday morning so I could cut checks for my staff.

After six or eight months worrying about how to pay my staff, I decided I'd just use Abra HR and Payroll as I did for years when I was the only employee on my payroll. I contacted an Abra reseller to upgrade my license and couldn't believe how expensive it would be. That brought me to Patriot.

For a few bucks each month, I can run my payroll from anywhere I can get on the internet. Its easy to use and available night and day. Like any software it has a few little quirks, but none that make me want to stop using it. Overall, its excellent, accessible, and easy enough to use once you figure out how you want things to work.

I've told my CPA about it, and now he is recommending Patriot to many of his small business clients with good feedback as well.

Good job, Patriot, and thank you.

Response from Patriot Software

Thanks for the great review Terry. We are happy you found value in our software. We enjoy serving you, and are looking forward to having many more years doing so!

Replied 17/08/2015
Denise S.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 15/09/2020

The accounting system I have used for the price

So far it has been a great system to access either on my computer or phone

Pros

It was easy to set up and since not a big company did not need all the bells and whistle that cost a fortune to have and not use.

Cons

I wish the invoice numbers would print on the attachment that I print to send with my checks

Russell R.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 11/01/2021

Good product for the price

Overall good experience. No real issues for me. The price

Pros

Very easy to use. Works good for my company.
Reasonable price.

Cons

No major cons. Works good for my purposes.

James G.
  • Industry: Law Practice
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Reviewed on 13/09/2018

Easy Basic Payroll

Pros

This payroll software was easy to setup with use of tutorials and begin using swiftly. The price is cheap and has all the basic functions you need to run simple payroll, and you can cancel at any time with no obligation. For an extra fee, the software will also file all mandatory forms for you with the correct government agencies by their deadlines.

Cons

It can be a hassle to make changes to payroll if you make a mistake when you originally run it, which can in turn compromise the bottom line on your government payroll forms. It is just simpler for me to file the tax forms myself, but not everyone knows how to do that.

Response from Patriot Software

Thanks for the great review James. Just to clarify, you can easily void payrolls in the software without worrying about your 941 submissions IF the payrolls are changed before the quarter closes and payroll tax filings are submitted. Of course, if payrolls are changed after Patriot Software files, amended returns will need to be submitted, which we are happy to do for our full service payroll customers.

Replied 18/09/2018
Beth A.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 11/03/2020

Patriot Software

Pros

This software is very user friendly. Their customer service is very helpful and I love the Chat feature. The response time is very quick.

Cons

I can't think of anthing that I don't like about the software.

Carlo F.

Good Software

Pros

Quick and fairly easy to switch over to patroit

Cons

Need more reporting for accounts receivable. Need easily available printable statement for each customers, and need printable aging report for each customer

Michael S.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Reviewed on 16/01/2021

Easy to Use

Very positive, they do all tax compliance withholding and reporting. For our church and a single employee, the price is the only concern.

Pros

Easy to use. We have salary employees only. I am able to set up the payroll for the entire year. I do at once a year and not touch it for the rest of the year. My investment of time is about 45 minutes a year!

Cons

The price has gone up 44% in 3 years, we can't afford this pace of price increases.

Xavier P.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 15/09/2020

Best software for your money

Best software ever have used

Pros

Easy to use and a lot of features. The reports are also very useful

Cons

Nothing now since last update. I was wishing for check register and got it with update

Dan G.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 18/01/2021

Pro's and Con's

Get the payroll out quick and on demand. Very flexible.

Pros

Easy to use. Very useful if you need to write a check between normal payroll periods. Payroll companies charge extra for this.

Cons

If you use Quickbooks, this package is not the best, but probably better than any other payroll software except for Quickbooks Payroll that is fully integrated. QB's does not make it easy if you use other payroll systems. However they are 2-3 times more costly than Patriot.

David J.
  • Industry: Public Policy
  • Used Other for 1+ year

Reviewed on 18/01/2021

Perfect for Small Business

Pros

As an entrepreneur and manager, I've had many payroll companies with many of my previous companies. Hands down, Patriot Software is the best payroll product for the dollar. For small businesses, it provides exactly what you need, with a simple interface and great customer support, at a fraction of what other payroll vendors charge.

Cons

The only reason I have had to migrate away from Patriot is I need access to a an owner driven company retirement plan.

William S.

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

Great software for doing small business payroll without an accountant

Pros

Patriot Software is a quick setup and you can easily add many employees at any time to a new or existing payroll. On demand payroll is convenient as well for when people need to be paid for different jobs.

Cons

Can be difficult to know if you are giving the right tax information while you are filling out information. It could be helpful to have some information regarding which categories one may belong to.

Tracy L.

Reviewed on 13/01/2021

Great company

Excellent in every aspect.

Pros

Customer service very cordial, patient, and helpful.

Cons

No complaints. Every time I called with a question they were courteous, patient and resolved it.

Beth D.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 16/01/2018

This has been very user friendly even for someone who isn't an accountant.

Pros

I like that it is easy to use, updates everything at one time and seems reasonably priced. I also like that they have a payroll program that can be tied to it for a reasonable price. The 30 day free trial clinched it for me because I was able to see that it would work for us before making a commitment.

Cons

It was a bit confusing to put in a starting balance and know what fund to offset without throwing off my 2018 numbers. Customer service did help me get it figured out. That was the most time consuming part of the set up.

Krishna K.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 28/09/2020

good product

its not bad

Pros

it would be better if you can do direct deposit option for 1099 software also

Cons

i didn't like not having direct deposit

Elliot G.

Reviewed on 27/09/2020

PRO PATRIOT

EXCELLENT-TECH SUPPORT VERY RESPONSIVE

Pros

PAYROLL CALCULATIONS AND EASE OF ENTERING NEW EMPLOYEES AND NEW SALARIES

Cons

SOFTWARE SUPPORT MOSTLY WORKING ON EAST COAST TIME