About KPMG Spark

KPMG Spark is an online bookkeeping solution that enables small business owners to handle accounts and track financials. KPMG Spark also offers additional services including income tax return preparation, business licensing, and...

Browse KPMG Spark Reviews

Robert D.

Reviewed on 05/03/2019

This is a service I use and suggest to others

Keep my books straight and my taxes on time.

Pros

A professional tool with great features. They do my bookkeeping and my taxes with minimal effort on my part.

Cons

Was clunky in the past. They do not provide advice.

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

Bookkeeping Software For All

Pros

This software is fantastic. I used it under the original name (Bookly) and have been a customer ever since. What the business is doing is wonderful and you can't ask for better customer service. You work with a specific account manager that helps you with any and all bookkeeping issues.

Cons

The software is in its early stage and is improving. Some features you want added may take a little time, but rest assured it will happen.

Berk D.

Reviewed on 03/10/2017

Great support

Pros

Organizing Expenses, support for bookkeeping. Helpful staff. User Interface, Connection to my bank accounts

Cons

I would love to have a better month to month comparison. And year to year too in that sense. thank you

Brad H.

Reviewed on 05/03/2017

Bookly's Amazing!

I use Bookly for my growing startup and I love it! I spend about a half hour/week viewing reports and making sure everything's classified correctly but for the most part it runs itself and I don't have to touch the bookkeeping, which is exactly how I want it.
Communication with my bookkeeper is SUPER easy! I just send them a message through the service and they're very fast at responding. When my bookeeper has has questions about how to categorize certain transactions they make it super easy for me to answer their questions in no time through a quick link.
The price is unbeatable for the service you're getting and the time it saves me.
Any time I need to send a report to an external source it's right there, easy to download and send.
And they built me an incredible financial projection model for an unbeatable price.
Can't speak more highly of Bookly and the pain it relieves for me.

Paul G.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 04/01/2019

Awesome Accounting for Small Business

I love KPMG Spark, it makes doing a mundane job that you don't want to do easier, faster and most of all accurate!

Pros

The projects feature that was recently added allows a user to break down the financial data for a specific project or cost center. In our case this was most helpful in determining which trips were most or least profitable. Which in turn would make it easier to identify problems with our marketing strategy. This software is awesome.

Cons

The linking of accounts is good too, but when I change the password (maybe because I've been prompted to) I have to go in to the software to relink it - not that it's a big deal, but my bank makes us change our login every 90 days. Just a pain that's all.

Jake T.

Reviewed on 28/01/2017

Makes my life easier

I was tired of using Quickbooks and not having a single point of contact to go to with questions. I wanted a reliable company I could turn to for all my tax needs. Bookly does everything for one small fee. I have unlimited access to my accountant and it's super simple.

Pros

Very easy to use and communicating with your tax professional is simple

Cons

not every bank is supported

Dasan C.
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 25/04/2017

Amazing service, knowledgeable and accessible

I've been putting off handing off my bookkeeping and accounting for YEARS much to my detriment. Finally did it, and very happy I did. The service is very easy to use, and I was even able to call my bookkeeper the day before the tax deadline this year and we spoke for 45min to get some last minute stuff worked out. Seriuosly fantastic, and cheaper than other services out there.

Pros

Easy to use and understand, and everyone at Bookly is very knowledgeable about using it as well.

Cons

I'll let you know when I find one. Maybe that it's not free? haha j/k

Greg M.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 27/01/2017

Overall very good product and experience

I love having everything I need to know about my business synced on their website and updated regularly. I have had some syncing issues that have not been resolved yet, but once resolved I feel it will be much smoother.

Pros

Online software is easy to use and navigate.

Cons

Syncing issues are frustrating.

Michael E.
  • Industry: Law Practice
  • Used Other for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 06/09/2017

Easy to use, clean look, my accountant asked me for some info and I just sent him a bookly...

I don't have to print out a year worth of statements from my business account and label and categorize each transaction since the software is hopefully doing it for me.

Pros

I don't really have to do much and it gives me an overview. My business is pretty simple, but it saves me a lot of time.

Cons

There is stuff in there that I don't know what it is or how I am supposed to use it, or what benefit it is to me. I have not really spent much time on bookly, but I honestly could have used like an email with a link to a training video or something. Something encouraging me to actually use the services they are providing, and what those services are. My year breakdown takes forever to load, right now it is not loading at all.

Kevin w M.

Reviewed on 11/10/2017

Setup was quick and professional. For a small fee, they even reconstructed the previous two...

A reminder of why I need to use your system to solicit testimonials in the future.

Pros

In addition to being comprehensive, it is completely intuitive. There is effectively nothing to learn in order to be up and operating as soon as your accounts are linked.

Stephanie L.

Reviewed on 31/05/2017

Great Graphics

Fabulous bookkeeping service!

Pros

I really love how easy it is to know what's going on with my accounts, and outstanding invoices. The graphics are fabulous and my favorite feature by far! Having a bookkeeper and customer support that you can reach out to at anytime with questions is phenomenal! Great service!

Cons

Some things aren't as intuitive as I would hope but they do seem to be getting better each week, so there must be a great tech team at work continually designing because each month the features seem to improve.

Damien W.

Reviewed on 06/02/2017

I love how Bookly connects directly to my bank and organizes my spending accordingly. The dashboard is streamlined and easy to understand as well. Customer services is usually pretty fast.

Hristo H.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 15/10/2018

Bookly gives me more confidence and peace of mind

I can rely on bookly. When I speak with my business advisor and she asks for some data, I can turn to bookly and they will provide it in no time. I love that

Pros

I love the software but the live support is unmatched

Cons

So far I love it but I think knowing more details about how our business runs and creating more loop holes for tax savings would be best

Roy A.

Reviewed on 13/04/2017

Best bang for your buck

I only wish I would have heard about this company sooner. Having payroll and bookkeeping in one area for a low price is not only saving money but the level of service is great as well. This is definitely an exception to the rule of "you get what you pay for". You definitely get more that what you pay for. I've only been using them for a short time but I do not see myself going anywhere else.

Andrew A.

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

KMPG Spark/Bookly is a Powerful Small Business Tool

Pros

I am a small business owner, and the financial/accounting side of things are not my strong suit. KMPG has been extremely helpful with their Bookly service. I love the ability to text them a question through my phone and get a detailed answer back quickly.

Cons

Their software is constantly improving, but at the moment it's a little bit of a work-in-progress when it comes to design and ease of use compared to some of their competitors.

Tegan M.

Reviewed on 20/06/2017

The team at booky has been friendly, accessible, and extremely helpful.

Pros

As a small business owner with very little accounting experience, it's nice to have someone who knows what they're doing keeping an eye on things without having to hire an accountant.

Cons

It's somewhat expensive, but not too expensive for the services provided. Also, it would be nice to be notified more regularly when there are questions about the account.

Dan G.

Reviewed on 25/02/2017

Perfect for Small Businesses

This is a great way for small business owners to automate most of their book keeping. It links directly with bank accounts and has good reporting functionality.

James W.

Reviewed on 01/02/2017

Wonderful Service

I was dealing with the support staff and he made my experience with Bookly a simple and understanding venture. Thank you Bookly

Pros

Simple

Cons

Not a thing

Chris D.

Reviewed on 18/04/2018

Great for allowing customers to order & pay online

Pros

What I like most as it easily allow customers to schedule appointments as well as pay for the service online. Works well!

Cons

The follow-up correspondence emails are not the prettiest. Could use a little updating with this feature.

Patrick K.

Reviewed on 27/01/2017

excellent communication

The communication is amazing , the chat window is always open and when I miss it I can just continue it right in my email! Awesome !

Pros

Communication windows

Cons

Emails crash my mail app

Daniel S.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 18/05/2019

KPMG Spark | Positive Experience so far.

It's a good value for my business especially once payroll gets wrapped into it.

Pros

Human element. The software is ok. It gives the basics.

Cons

Not very robust from a user perspective. Need more analytics and the ability to edit/add transactions as an end user.

William h. M.

Reviewed on 10/12/2018

Ideal Accounting solution for small businesses

We can quickly see the monthly results of our business activities and make corrections in our business model much quicker than we were when we posted to QuickBooks and submitted the results to our account after the close of the quarter. It often would take them another 3 months to product our final reports, which put us behind in making needed corrections to keep our business profitable and growing at the rate we had forecasted.

Pros

We were please to be introduced to KPMG Bookly team at eBay Open this past summer. We had been planning to either go with QuickBooks Enterprise or Go Daddy Accounting for our new eCommerce business. With Bookly we not only have a software package to handle our accounting but a personal bookkeeper to make sure we are posting our accounting data correctly. We the other solutions we were considering, there was no personal interface, and we still would have had to hire an accountant to review our results after the fact. While we are fairly versed in sound accounting practices, it is great to have a bookkeeper looking over our shoulder to make sure we are consistently following the best practices for our accounting.

Cons

We would like to see a checklist added to Bookly to ensure we are consistently entering the required data for each aspect of our business each and every month.

Robb braun ★.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 21/03/2019

Trusted Support

Time, time, time and peace of mind.

Pros

Frees me up like never before. Once the initial work of getting accounts synced up was done, the rest is automatic. Account representative then takes good care of me.

Cons

Doesn't fit on my laptop screen perfectly. I have to shift slightly left or right. That's my only con.

Danielle P.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 02/03/2017

Alas...I've been saved!!!!`

As a restaurant owner, I have no time (literally if i want to sleep!) to input all my sales/spending info so at the end of the month I can see where all my money went! This company syncs up to your bank account, gets your sales data and inputs everything so that I can see in one shot where my money is actually going and where I could use some help! Everyone that works over there has been so patient and helpful...I feel like God has finally answered my prayers! It's so easy and I mean we text back and forth!!! I don't have to answer phone calls and sit on phone sessions for hours to figure anything out..and if they have questions I answer them when I can!! I don't have to play phone tag to get my accountant on the phone! It's all done online. I do wish that they had a phone app (but they have assured me they are working on one!) This company has saved me and my tax accountant is so thankful for them!! They also do taxes but opted out of that for my business! In one sign in I can see what my business is worth and my net income. I use to do all this on my own but literally just have excel spreadsheets with data...and that's it nothing really to go on much other than totals for the week or the month! It wasn't telling me anything, I felt just more of wasting my time! This company uses everything; my spending, my income...categorizes it and then helps me see where I am spending too much and how it's affecting my overall net worth! I recommend this to everyone and anyone looking to streamline their business!

Pros

It's so easy to use and I love that we text back and forth!

Cons

I think it's more personal, but I do wish they would send me a text or an email when they ask me questions...otherwise I guess I need to just get into the habit of checking it more habitually!

Anita G.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 05/06/2017

Bookly Makes Books Easy! I dreaded using other programs because I'm not the best with numbers.

Saved time by not spending hours trying to figure things out. Saved money not buying upgrades over and over for software that is too difficult to use. Saved my sanity by knowing that my books are correct at all times and having access to a real accountant everyday.

Pros

Automated and easy to keep up with monthly instead of waiting until the end of the year! Having a knowledgable accountant at my beck and call makes me feel confident that what I'm doing is correct always, and if I have a questions it is easily and quickly answered. I hated using other software programs like the one that just stopped supporting the version I was using because they want me to pay for another upgrade. With Bookly, there is no capital upgrade outlay, just a monthly fee that covers everything. I like the way the software pulls in my data in from my accounts and then my accountant just asks me simple questions about what the expense was for and then determines the correct category. I love the ease of being able to ask a question of my accountant and get an answer fast. I don't have to think about what I'm doing from day to day. I just login and see what our financial picture looks like. You won't find a software product with the simplicity and clarity than Bookly has. I love the weekly cash flow updates too. If Quickbooks or other programs are too difficult for you to use Bookly is your answer! It's far more valuable than the price charged. Peace of mind is priceless. I don't worry about receipts that I don't know what to do with. I just upload them and let my accountant handle it. It's like a Butler for your Books!