About Kashoo

Kashoo is a cloud-based accounting solution that helps small business owners automate bookkeeping tasks. Using machine learning, the platform categorizes and reconciles expenses for bank and credit card transactions, providing...

Browse Kashoo Reviews

• Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

Great Software--If You Don't Need to Connect Any Bank Accounts

Ideally, Kashoo would be that accounting software that provided accurate cash flow statements and analyses that were no older than 2-3 days, and would include not just bank account transactions, but also credit card spending and transactions. In our office, any bills or charges that are setup for automatic payments or auto-pay are linked to credit cards, rather than our bank account(s). If I could get Kashoo to function properly with our credit card AND bank accounts, then I would save myself and our CPA tremendous amounts of time and paper clutter at tax time because I could provide statements or reports from Kashoo with itemized expenditures for all accounts. Alas, until Kashoo can resolve its synchronization issues with our financial institutions, then I'm forced to go through and annotate each credit card statement with the expense type, etc. then email or fax each statement to our accountants...

Pros

After reading so many great reviews about Kashoo and its comprehensive but UX-friendly accounting features, I was super-excited to purchase a steeply discounted subscription/membership on App Sumo several months ago. I was particularly looking forward to being able to sync multiple company bank accounts, as well as our daily credit card sales from Square POS, in a single application. The Square/SquareUp integration is among Kashoo's strongest features in my experience, as I can't recall any synchronization issues or glitches accessing Square data in Kashoo. It also has an iPhone app that's fairly functional, albeit wholly utilitarian in its look and feel. However, considering how much data and memory are consumed when running most accounting programs, the Kashoo app manages to be easily sync-able and fast, which I wasn't expecting...

Cons

Connecting bank accounts and accessing transactions has been a thorn in my side from Day One. I've tried multiple browsers--Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Safari, etc.--and tinkered with firewall and security settings far more than I probably should trying to get Kashoo to work correctly with operating account at PNC. I don't know if it's because of the number of transactions or the fact that there's a secondary trust account attached to PNC's online business banking, but I cannot get some of the most crucial bank and credit card accounts to work properly on Kashoo. I've also had issues with credit card accounts and have tried deleting and reconnecting accounts so many times that I'm to the point where I haven't even attempted to open Kashoo in weeks.

Craig B.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 29/04/2021

Kashoo Does Not Measure Up

Lacking an estimates function is critical to all small service businesses - this is the biggest down fall of this package. Then, you add the cost of $27 a month or $30 month-to-month and Kashoo is now way above its competitors in pricing and features - I cannot justify this as a viable package for accounting. QuickBooks Online, WAVE, and Patriot offer better packages for less money -- look elsewhere.

Pros

Like other online accounting software packages, Kashoo offers receipt and transaction matching as well as automatic reconciliation. Their invoicing and general ledger is well done and works well. Same as the other packages, Kashoo is available as an online accounting package only - which is great - allows for anytime, anywhere working.

Cons

Two major items missing are accounts payable (I know Kashoo will say very small businesses use a debit card, credit card or writes a manual check), however having an AP system to collect your vendor bills is kind of a no-brainer. The other item is a lack of being able to do estimates - this is critical as small service businesses propose jobs all the time and if your accounting package did estimates, all you would need to do is finalize a few adds and subtractions from you customer, click "turn into an invoice" and email to your customer - takes no time at all and everything is in one place - quick and easy. And there is no budget feature (which is probably minor to many small businesses).

Response from Kashoo

Hey Craig!

Thanks so much for taking the time to submit your review for TrulySmall Accounting!

We wanted to let you know that we've since added AP to our software, and we're sorry your experience was less than optimal.

We are still working on our product roadmap so hopefully, we can tackle some of your other issues in the future.

Really appreciate your feedback!

Replied 17/05/2021
Carmen C.

Reviewed on 20/07/2019

Just what I needed . . .

Overall this is a great finance program and the price was great compared to similar products.

Pros

Kashoo allows me to keep better records for my business finances. The app allows me to easily upload receipts and to make manual adjustments.

Cons

It does not sync real time account balances with your bank. You have to do that manually. I prefer realtime bank balances.

Kimberly C.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 27/09/2020

Kashoo makes my CPA happy

I use Kashoo daily to keep track of my business income, expenses, and invoicing.

Pros

Kashoo is easy to use. It's easy to invoice my clients by sending them invoices directly via Kashoo. It's recommended by my CPA and the reports make him happy.

Cons

I would love to be able to set up recurring invoices but Kashoo doesn't offer recurring invoices. Maybe in future?

Rick D.

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

Perfection (Almost)

We absolutely couldn't run our business as efficiently as we do without Kashoo. It allows us to be agile and respond to our customers' needs in an instant if necessary. We've had many of our larger customers ask us if we could help some of their other vendors to get better organized. With the help of Kashoo, we've set the bar for others to reach.

Pros

We've been using Kashoo for many years. The ease of use is amazing. We know exactly what is happening in our business at any given moment. Although we typically don't use the mobile apps, they are useful if your business model is more suited to mobile. The web app is solid. Uptime is impressive. Support is quick and thorough.

Most users wouldn't notice but when you get a bit outside the box you're going to need some assistance from the support team. Some tasks are quite involved when you get past the ordinary. No worries though, the support team is there to guide you through.

What we like most is the flexibility of the software and the multi-user capability.

Cons

Dealing with vendor credits is a pain when you pay by cheque. We would really like to have some inventory control tied into invoices. The new statement feature is nice but we would like to have control over the fields displayed in the report. In particular, we would like to be able to have our customers' PO numbers listed so that they can more easily cross reference our invoices.

Leslie R.
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 02/04/2019

love the user interface and chat feature!

When I first started my horticulture business (capterra- why is horticulture or even landscaping, not an industry option?!?) I kept books on paper and had to learn book keeping from the IRS website and other online (free) resources. When I decided that I really wanted to go digital, I tried multiple online book keeping softwares before finally settling on Kashoo. My experience has been really great! Every time I have a question it has been either easily answered through the online tutorials or by using the Kashoo chat feature. Even when I make a stupid mistake, customer service always seems happy to help me unravel and correct it.

For comparison, another organization that I was on the board of uses quick books and every time I had to use it I was more greatful for Kashoo! For someone who didn’t learn book keeping on quick books- looking through the accounts to find the information I need on Kashoo is so much more intuitive.

Pros

Ability to view accounts, excellent customer service, helpful tutorials

Cons

for me there really haven’t been any cons. That said, my accountant had never heard of it- not really a problem, just disappointing to me, and of course I would love to pay nothing for bookkeeping 😉

Deborah G.
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 22/01/2019

Great accounting program, easy to learn and use, but report formatting needs a lot of work.

I know that the look of reports is not a top priority in accounting software, but a clean, professional look does matter to me. I have been advised by Kashoo that they are working on them but it has been months now and nothing has been fixed. If it wasn't for this issue, the software would get a 5/5 from me. I really like using the program and don't want to switch to something else.

Pros

Has everything I need to run my small business
Easy to learn and use, not a huge learning curve
Canadian product!

Cons

Data entry requires a lot of scrolling up and down
Report formatting really needs work:
- Accounts are not in numerical order
- Columns don't line up
- Some reports have no title or date range, I have to add them manually (statements and ledger)
- Font headers are huge and can't be adjusted, creating way more pages than needed
- No way to adjust page sizing (often get one line on a second page when it would easily fit on the first)
- Report templates are not customizable, they can only be fixed by Kashoo.

Daniel R.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

Kashoo Online Accounting

Kashoo is one of the small companies that is competing with the big guys. Their support is fantastic, their product is easy to use and constantly updated for features and usability. You can do it from your desk, from your tablet, or from your phone. Personally I do all 3!

Pros

Very simple and does almost everything the giant products on the market do.

Cons

Really could use some more color. But that's just me, I like color.

Randy Z.

Reviewed on 08/11/2019

Good software for bookkeeping

It is a great software that help people on day to day bookkeeping.

Pros

This software is very easy to understand for people who do not have accounting background. I taught my clients for this software and then can learn it very fast, there is always someone to help you online. Great software in the market now.

Cons

Some functions are confusing for example, to overwrite GST or PST. There is no formal instruction on how to perform these functions

Brady P.

Reviewed on 01/07/2019

So much nicer to use than many others

My biggest issue with online accounting software has been that I run three separate businesses and I have had to have 3 separate accounts using the competition and I can now check my accounting from one login. Also, I had to pay extra to allow my accountant and bookkeeper have access to my numbers but that is included in my Kashoo account and after almost 8 years with a competitor, I'm done with them. Kashoo is the future of online accounting.

Pros

- Everything was so simple to set up
- had all my banks, which is rare as I'm Canadian and often accounting software has either only US banks or a tough process to get my banks to integrate
- Customer service experience has been amazing!

Cons

It's not as aesthetically pleasing as some of the others. That's it so far.

David D.

Reviewed on 11/04/2018

Kashoo is awesome!!

Pros

What a great app! This is perfect for a small business/ entrepreneur! As a realtor, its perfect for me to keep track of all my receipts, etc!!

Cons

Not a whole lot of cons! Overall very simple and straightforward. The overall layout/look of the app isn't my favorite. But not concerned with that. Works well!

Nicole L.
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 27/03/2019

Excellent Customer Service is their Winning Point!

Pros

I love this app because it is
- simple to use
- no technical skill needed
- IOS app to record the expenses at any time

Cons

This is not a must but if it can be done then it is perfect.

Need to integrate with Payoneer.com

Amy P.

Reviewed on 02/04/2019

SO FAR SO GOOD WITH KASHOO !

I am hoping we will have an easier time keeping all my accounts in order with Kashoo. Having the ability to keep separate companies on one platform that is affordable makes me much happier.

Pros

I think it is a fairly straight forward program. Simple to use once you get the trial balance into the program. We like the auto download function for the bank statements and credit card. Because the cost of the program is so affordable I am able to use Kashoo for both my real estate businesse and my property management company. I wasn't able to afford it with Quickbooks! My accountant and bookkeeper are much happier with Kashoo than with Quickbooks.

Cons

My bookkeeper has commented that Kashoo will allow a reconcilation even though the numbers do not balance with the statement. The reconcilation needs to match the final statement. So far she and customer service have not been able to resolve this issue.

Tara G.
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 24/10/2016

Love the Support

I love Kashoo, because the support is great and they understand Canadian needs such as gst, and payroll deductions.

Pros

The support material, i.e. online videos and instructions and how quickly the helpdesk responds

Cons

I wish you could upload bills, like a master card bill directly.

Peter D.
  • Industry: Graphic Design
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 05/04/2019

Accounting that meets your level of use

Serves my needs and level of proficiency well.

Pros

They offer ongoing training to enhance your experience with use. Fairly easy navigation and easy to use even for those not well experienced in bookkeeping. Easy to go back and make corrections. Offers different levels of use from basic bookkeeping to issuing invoices and charting of information. Easy access to real time online tech support.

Cons

Had some issues of connectivity that required tech support

David and kylie K.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 02/04/2019

A great alternative to Quickbooks!

Pros

Kashoo is great because it is a lot more "friendly" than Quickbooks. The colors and layout just feel more approachable.

Cons

There are some elements that aren't perfect. I do wish that the program were a little more adaptable to my needs. I also wish that there were more options available in the iPad​ version.

Reviewed on 28/03/2019

Solid for a cost effective double entry system

Pros

Good support. Solid API. Established product

Cons

Lacks some of the integrations of the household names. Hard for me to commit to it for this reason

Julie W.

Reviewed on 01/08/2015

Excellent

I use the kashoo app and it's so easy and quick to use. I can add in all my receipts and expenses with just a few clicks, which makes keeping up with all my accounting such a breeze. Plus the mobile app means I can now take my business accounts with wherever I go, making life super conveinient. The customer service team are super friendly and helpful if you have a problem and the webinars mean you can easily find out more about using kashoo's functions.

David L.
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 11/02/2017

Great Accounting Software

Neat, easy to use software that does the basics - its like quickbooks but without all the complicated stuff and online.

Pros

Very easy to use, most of the interface is self explanatory and set up very well. Does your accounting neatly. Everything can be exported as PDF

Cons

Subscription Based - I'm not a fan of it, but at least it isn't super expensive. May not have enough advanced features for some companies and individuals (never was a problem for me though)

Raphaëlle S.

Great value for money

Pros

The support is really good. The platform design is clean and the most important features are there to facilitate your daily accounting.

Cons

Some features I liked from the software I was using before are currently missing in Kashoo.

You have to take the time to play with the platform to get comfortable. It's not the most easy friendly software at first but you get used to it.

Thomas K.

Reviewed on 05/04/2019

Great tool for a truly affordable price easy to customize

I can use it to book everything for both companies in one platform with the ease of switching between both

Pros

Adaptability of the chart of accounts to my jurisdiction,
ease of use and intuitive to manage for my staff,
great responsive customer service,
good webcast support

Cons

nothing really as I am really happy to have found the tool

Timothy C.

Reviewed on 28/12/2016

It is easy to use, easy to share with my accountant, and mobile-friendly. What's not to love? This is the first accounting software I've used that isn't overly complicated for me while being complicated enough for my accountant.

Eoghan Ó.

Great for non accounts

Pros

Kashoo is very easy to use and support is fast and friendly. Synced with Irish bank which was pleasantly surprised by.

Cons

Needs to include Quotes and Purchase Orders. I believe they are in the pipeline though.

Sundeep M.
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 18/03/2018

Concise, easy to use accounting software

Generating reports for financial statement preparation for client's year-ends

Pros

Kashoo is very easy to use, most of the interface is self explanatory and set up very well. Accounting features provide simple overview ofaccounts, expenses, incomes, assets etc. Everything can be exported as PDF which is very good for record keeping.

Cons

it's still relatively new, hence the support for resolving minor quirks may take a longer time than peers

Angela J.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Elegant, smart product

Pros

ease of use, inclusion of project accounting, simple interface

Cons

App didn’t have project accounting, just online version