TopNotepad Reviews

About TopNotepad

TopNotepad is a cloud-based accounting management solution that offers invoicing, expense management, payment management and customer relationship management. Users can create invoices with built-in templates and log payments...

Browse TopNotepad Reviews

Reviewed on 03/01/2023

Top Notepad is great for billing and invoicing

starting days were struggleful as no one is there to help us out. There is one folk in sales team who knows about the product, but we can not reach him always and when we tried to contact support that was not up to the mark. But as time goes we are getting used to of this product and now we just love it working on this.

Pros

we like the most is billing and invoicing part. Earlier we were using tally for all our accounting purpose but with top notepad we have got great GUI and user friendly environment. Even we can do CRM, vendor MANAGEMENT, inventory management and financial management. SO its one-in-all kind of product which you can use for daily work in your organisation

Cons

earlier we were struggled with the Top Notepad, and we tried to read the customer support, even they wee not aware of options and how to fi something which is not working for us...

Mohamed Suhaib
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 06/01/2023

Reviewing of TopNotepad

Had a great experience using this software, Personally the best software used till date had all business information, billing and cost information noted and whenever needed took all to have a glance easily, if possible there could me more features added in feature to attract customers seperately.

Pros

According to Top Notepad it is very easy to use for Business purposes and payment purposes for billing and noting on the purposes of Notes, It is mostly used for specific reasons and important reasons in Billing or costs to be remembered and noted down, It doesn't have a lack or bug which erases or doesnt work properly it is well used and worked very nicely, and has no lagging.

Cons

Specifically no least about the software but could improve in other ways of recovering all the notes if deleted or add some new features for notification, reminders or faster information.

Mohamed

Reviewed on 31/03/2022

Shocked

Disappointed

Pros

Simplicity, easiness to create an invoice

Cons

If you added a bank account, you can’t remove it.
There’s no option for adding the commercial name number

Top TopNotepad Alternatives

Microsoft Excel

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Quickbooks Online

Jean Hazel
Jean Hazel
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 12/06/2018

Affordable choice for managing my invoices.

Pros

Creating invoices in this application is easy, simple and intuitive. All my documents are safe and securely saved in my profile and I can access them wherever I go.

Cons

Maybe to develop some more 3rd party integrations. Tax calculations could be improved. Aside from that, there is nothing more to dislike about this software.

Reviewed on 31/07/2018

Perfect software for VAT returns

Pros

I get every item for VAT returns form pre populated and the form is exactly the way the form is set-up on the KSA VAT Zakat portal. All I do is literally copy and paste the data and file returns. I do it all on my own. The only thing I need to make sure is log invoices and expenses correctly in the right tax bracket i.e., whether it's 5% or 0% or exempted.

Cons

It perfectly shows my VAT liability however as I import a few items, I pay a part of the VAT at customs itself, so currently I have to manually deducted from the new VAT liability that TopNotepad shows to arrive it actual payment I need to make. While it's not complex for me to do it but adding the feature will make it even more robust.

Reviewed on 25/07/2018

Best tool for invoicing, bookkeeping and compliance reporting

Pros

Creating Compliance report to file returns was a big pain for me. I used to do it all manually, so always had to put it together every month end to create VAT returns. I had to spend almost 2 days consolidating the data. This software has freed up my time. I now get live VAT report. All I need to do is just create my invoices and yes have to update expenses as well to claim input VAT.

Cons

It will help if they provide an option of automating data entry of recurring monthly expenses such as rent, salaries. The feature should auto add such expenses on certain date and should provide us option to edit if at all there is any change. Overall am quite happy.

Anuj
Anuj

Reviewed on 11/10/2018

simple and easy to use accounting software

The simplicity in its use is what makes it efficient

Pros

it generally helps you organise all your expenses, invoices etc. You can track your overall progress related to your business

Cons

a desktop version instead of an online one could be helpful for lowscale traders

Reviewed on 04/06/2018

Awesome interface! Simple software for VAT tracking

Pros

I love the reporting module. The report consolidates the VAT my business collects across all the invoices and VAT I pay across all expenses and purchases, end of month I get my net VAT liability. Invoicing, expenses management everything is simple to manage.

Cons

The In-app chat support is great but there is no option to share screen with tech expert. Would be great if it can be included.

Reviewed on 01/11/2018

This is best software its working very flexible

TopNotepad software is a best software for note something.

Pros

Do not take too much time on loading and working is nice

Cons

sometime take 3-5mint when I open software first time..

• Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 27/08/2018

HMRC, am ready for making my tax digital, thanks TopNotepad

Pros

Easy to use VAT accounting software. All I do is create invoices and log my bills, the software automatically generates my VAT form.

Cons

Nothing much. While I always like to use such software on big screen like a laptop or desktop but still they could create a native ios app, at least for reporting

Marcus

Reviewed on 16/01/2018

Jot and Go

Everything is set up for anyone to be able to use it and the features are A1 in my book.

Pros

This is the perfect tool for people that need to jot and go. This is quick very easy to use and straight to the point. the one thing I like about it is that you can use it in any situation.

Melissa

Reviewed on 01/11/2017

I am very satisfied with the software

Pros

Ease of use. No jargon like ledger, accounts receivable / payable. A simple tool for small businesses to track invoices, expenses.

Cons

The documentation appears to have screenshots of old interface. It needs to be updated. More illustrations will be helpful.

Asraf
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 05/12/2022

Good

Pros

Easy to make a note of everything in a particular time

Cons

Nothing at this time i like more this software

Mahira

Reviewed on 17/01/2018

Thanks for taking away my VAT worries

Pros

Very very simple to use tool for creating bills that adhere to the newly introduced VAT law in my region. Not just billing but also helps me track the VAT amount I owe to FTA at any point. Great tool, seriously, love the ease with which I can navigate through the software.

Cons

The bilingual invoicing option shows almost all fields in both English and Arabic, except the item description, which I have to manually type in two languages, if it can be introduced. Thanks.

Alex

Reviewed on 21/08/2017

I like it

Pros

There was a specific invoice template that I was looking for, for my company and I found it in TopNotepad. The process of creating, editing and managing invoice is very simple.

Cons

Have mostly used only the invoices section of the software, yet to explore the other features, however it would help if there was a handy guide with screenshots, is there any because I did could not find it

Replied 27/09/2017

Reviewed on 28/06/2018

Decent Notepad app

Pros

Has some good features and functionality, there is a free plan available. Little different setup than some other note taking apps.

Cons

The design and feel of the app was so so for me, maybe I'm just used to a few other products, haven't switched in a while. Good app to stay organized, free plan has a some good features other apps charge for.

• Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 24/09/2021

My simple review

It's great experience for me, you have to be a part of the team and join us for a unique experience with TopNotepad software.

Pros

I like invoice features and online payments, i really want to say i like it all.

Cons

No thing strange when I get my new business, but hope you offers more payments methods.

Jon
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 14/08/2016

Focused on Delivering a Fantastic Fin-Tech Customer Experience!

Small business has a need for an invoicing solution that provides easy of use, effectiveness, and a great end user experience. This product will be giving Quickbooks competition.. have you ever tried to navigate Quickbooks as a small business owner? If yes, try TopNote Pad.

Pros

Exceptional User Experience Overall with expanding e-payment options

Response from Top Notepad

Thank you Jon!

Replied 15/08/2016
Kim

Reviewed on 24/10/2017

Easy and affordable invoicing solution for my small business

Pros

The software is very user friendly. I was able to create my first invoice as well as first estimate within few mintues of signing up. I just upgraded in no time, even before my trial expired. Keep up the good work TopNotepad.

Guadalupe

Reviewed on 14/11/2018

Top notepad is very convenient to have your life organized!

Top Notepad is the go to tool for keeping yourself and your business organized

Pros

The thing I liked the most is that it was not just a list

Cons

Top Notepad needed a little more of a fresher design, it was a bit too plain for me.

Ruby

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

Simple invoicing tool for my catering business

Pros

I am caterer and I need to provide both the estimate of my service as well as invoice at the end of service. Top Notepad is a very simple program, where I can create both estimates and invoices.

Justin
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 07/12/2018

simple accounting software

Pros

makes bookkeeping and financial management easier and streamlined

Cons

learning curve, not the fault of the app, more to do with my financial literacy and tech ignorance

Raven
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 11/02/2022

notepad++ code and general notes

posative

Pros

diverse features and multipourpas useability

Cons

lack of built in tutorial but thats not really their job

Arpit
Arpit

Reviewed on 26/03/2018

One of the easy flowing Accounting tool

We use it to keeping account details and client information along with billing.

Pros

It supports a lot of features such as download pdf, send mails, expense analysis, sending reminders, generating invoices and almost everything that a company needs in terms of managing accounts.

Cons

Pricing can be better. Can keep up with the market by adding more features and giving more competition to Zoho Expenses.
There is nothing much that one can dislike about the software.

Reviewed on 25/10/2016

Simple Software, very good for non-accountants

Handy tool for billing my clients. Integrates with PayPal. Pricing is low. User friendly and intuitive. I spent less than a week exploring the software before I decided to switch to the paid plan.

Pros

Very intuitive interface and low cost software.

Cons

The reporting and information displayed on the invoice dashboard page can be improved

Response from Top Notepad

Thank you!

Replied 28/10/2016