Google Docs Reviews

About Google Docs

Google Docs is a web-based document management application designed to help users create and edit documents in real-time. The platform allows employees to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, add comments and...

4.8

Browse Google Docs Reviews

28,110 of 28,111 reviews
Olga
Olga

Reviewed on 29/08/2020

Great alternative to online blackboards and note-taking apps!

It is just "Oh my goodness!" Stupid simple and immensely inspiring! Useful. Helpful. Adorable.

Pros

User-friendly, flexible, responsive, customizable and overwhelmingly great!
Easy-to-use on Linux OS (my OS - Ubuntu Budgie 18.04.5 LTS (Bionic Beaver), I am a PC user).
I really like their multiple functions, such as: creating complex documents with tables, different splendid fonts, background colors, in bold and cursive fonts. Flexible and comfy using bullet points or ordered listing, page numbering, first-line indentation, interline spacing. Adjustable using hyperlinks and styles deleting. It is fast and easy to create, share and delete documents, modify them, download and save in .doc or .pdf. It is absolutely free, stable, secure and trustworthy service which is indispensable for e-learning, edutainment, studies, research work and online tutoring. Besides, you can use this spectacularly simple service as a note-taking app or even a draft of your blog or bullet journal! Whatever you want to type down: bucket list, to-do list, grocery list, motivation letter draft, CV or resume, it is always comfy, flexible and useful! Easy to use, easy to customize, easy to modify, save, download and delete! I have not mentioned other functions as inserting some files (pictures) or creating slides or optical character recognition, but I have never checked these functions, that's why I have described just common functionality which is pleasant and helpful for any task completion!
As I said: it is smart, simple and impressively good! I am really grateful that such a service exists.

Cons

Well, for some weird reason I cannot check for sure how OCR works there. Besides, my hardware is a little bit outdated, that's why something like "inserting pictures" might malfunction on my OS.

Tathagata
  • Industry: Computer Games

Best free Document editor

Pros

I like that it is free and is very simple to use.

Cons

The auto correct feature sometimes feels as a negative to me.

• Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 12/02/2024

Google Docs - It is what it is and it does pretty well, what it does

Amazing that we have such tools at our disposal. We can work on almost anything, from anywhere, and collaborate with anyone in the world. Obviously Google did not invent this concept but they are the #1, the go-to. Its really revolutionizing the way we all work together.

Pros

Just the simple fact that we live in such a time where geography doesn't make much difference at all when it comes to collaboration and teamwork, is amazing. I find myself being a big perfectionist in judging Google Docs negatively, instead of simply appreciating that we even have such technology.

Cons

The loss of cross functionality between versions of MS Office and Google, whether it's documents or spreadsheets. It is admittedly pretty great for what it is, but it still isn't standardized enough, in my opinion. Downloading a doc/sheet created using google, into Office, often ends in file corruption.

Top Google Docs Alternatives

Dianna

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

Great Product For Everyone

I really enjoy using Google docs and think it’s a useful program that is easy to use.

Pros

As a writer, I need a quick and easy program to help me get my work done while not being hard to use. Google Docs is great because it’s easy, useful, and easy to format my work, find old documents, or send them to others.

Cons

There isn’t much I dislike about Google Docs. I wish there was an offline version I could download to my computer but that’s just cause sometimes my internet is down and I can’t switch documents during that.

Pages and Microsoft Word

Reasons for Choosing Google Docs

Microsoft word was no longer free because I was no longer in college so instead of getting it and paying for it I switched to Google Docs

Microsoft Word

Reasons for Switching to Google Docs

It’s most user friendly and easy to learn while staying convenient
Pramod
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Best Google Docs

I have 2++ year Use to my product document generate an good service.

Pros

I have Use to daily google docs is my customer product reviews

Cons

I Very Likely is Google docs is my help to my job to easy

Beatrice
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Google Docs review

Pros

The documents are easy to use and there is a brilliant library of templates to select from

Cons

It can sometimes be quite temperamental compared to Word

Paige
  • Industry: Management Consulting
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Great Way to Store and Share Documents

Pros

Google Docs is easy to use, free, makes document sharing easy

Cons

I wish there was more storage space in Google Docs

Martin
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 11/02/2024

Brilliant!

Pros

The easiest system i have used by far!!!

Cons

This isnt really applicable as i cant fault it

Terence

Reviewed on 08/01/2024

Makes collaboration easy

Pros

Even someone who is not familiar with shared documents or cloud-based functionality can easily collaborate with Google docs

Cons

I wish it was more widely used as some organizations have it blocked

Jomon
Jomon

Reviewed on 12/02/2024

Create and edit text easy through browser

Pros

No extra software needed it saves automatically

Cons

Has limited options complex text edit function is more difficult.

Danielle

Reviewed on 09/04/2020

Google Docs is essential!

Google Docs is incredibly well thought out and we really appreciate the ease of use. We love that the programs are so well integrated and able to be used within an account or specifically shared to another. The Google Docs platform has allowed our company to really customize what we give to each of our educators who then facilitates our programs to individual groups.

Pros

When we began using Google Docs it helped streamline so many of our daily activities. Our science educators teach and implement the customized programs we develop to students at multiple locations every day, with different computers at every school site. Our company is able to create our custom curriculum using Google Documents, Google Slides, Google Sheets, Google Photos and more. Our business decided to use Google Sites as our website program because of the ability to integrate all of our material. Having the ability to use the "share" function within Google Docs, giving specific document access to employees, deciding individually what editing they will be able to do has proven to be so important for us. We have peace of mind knowing that our educators will not have technical problems when they use Google Docs. Our company prides itself on being flexible, able to deliver a program anywhere. Knowing that all of our teaching materials will be able to be utilized anywhere we need them, accessed on any device, and working properly is priceless. I am a small business person in the truest sense, managing all the science program curriculum development, books, website, staffing, etc. and I would not have been able to do this all, while growing my business, without Google Docs.

Cons

The fact that our educators have to access Google Docs on multiple computers daily we occasionally run into the issue of an educator forgetting to log out of Google Docs. This puts any file associated with that Google Doc account at risk. So our suggestion would be to create a way for Google Docs to auto log out when the program hasn't been used for a set amount of time, specified by the user.

Reasons for Switching to Google Docs

When began our company we facilitated our programs using PowerPoint via flash drives. We were incredibly limited in what we could develop and how we prepared our educators. Utilizing Google Docs has greatly increased our ability to provide great science programs, that incorporate multimedia, live video, and more, as well as giving our educators a seamless platform to use.

Reviewed on 15/02/2021

Google Docs is great for collaborating in business

I can keep all my documents in one place. I also keep all client documents in their own folders and share their specific information with them to keep it secure and organized.
We also use templates and make copies of them instead of having to recreate the document every time.

Pros

It is easy to store and work on documents for personal and business use. With Google Workspace, you get more storage and better security. I like how it integrates in Gmail so easily and is easy to share with someone just by adding their email address. Working together is seemless as it shows who is working on the doc with you and where they are typing in the doc. It works even better when using along side Zoom or Google Meet.

Cons

Some of the security features are a bit confusing, but likely more than most people need. If you forget to set offline mode for a document, you might have to wait to use it if you have network issues.

Microsoft 365

Reasons for Choosing Google Docs

Easy of use and ease of sharing with others. We had trouble sharing folders in the past.

Microsoft 365

Reasons for Switching to Google Docs

It is cheaper and simpler to use. MS Office does have more features, but most are simply not needed the majority of the time.
Kevon
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 01/10/2022

Google Docs: One of the best things going for online word processors.

My overall experience with Google Docs has been nothing but great. I have been able to accomplish a lot of my assignments at my job with the use of this software. I will be recommending this to anyone who is looking for a low to no cost word processor.

Pros

Collaborations are one of the biggest pros about this software. One copy and one copy only of a file is available and users can share this one copy, in real time simultaneously, and they can add modifications, update, and key in some data simultaneously as well.

Any sort of document modifications are automatically traced with editor and time information. This is really cool because it allows you to see who made any sort of changes to the document, when said changes were made, and you can also revert back to an older version before those changes were even made! Talk about not having to worry about the inconveniences of power outages, unintentionally closing a browser window, or perhaps accidentally spilling coffee on your laptop/desktop.

Easy access to documents is another pro considering that all you need is a computer or any mobile device that can connect to the internet such as a Samsung Galaxy, iPhone, iPad, Google Pixel, etc.

Sharing documents that consists of maybe some classroom group assignments, online school projects, or a little lecture with interactions are amazingly easy. Imagine a conference where the designated speaker starts off with "Let's all jump in and brainstorm some questions or comments with the shared Google doc." Attendees are able to connect from a number of devices and are able to interact with the speaker, and add any sort of comments or questions. It's quite a new way to get more people to engage in the meeting.

Cons

The only thing I feel that could be improved is probably the way that they go about the printing since it's not exactly straight forward like it is in Microsoft Word. Just a tad bit more complex but nothing too serious. Other than that I have no other issues with Google Docs.

Melissa
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 06/10/2022

Our new go to...

Love. We use it every day and over the past three years we have been brining more and more of our team into the Google workspace. In a few more years we plan to have google as the center of all our operations!

Pros

I love that Google Docs is online. I can collaborate with colleges and see the work they are doing. Our documents are automatically saved and stored online...no more lost files!

Our older team members just don't want to learn new software, but we like that Word documents can be automatically converted to google docs for the rest of the team to work on. Great feature.

I work in Guatemala so people are a bit behind on technology...I am working on training and bring the rest of our organization into the Google space over the coming two years.

Cons

There are still some things are are just easier on my Apple Pages or Word programs, especially in certain formatting/design areas. It is hard to get our older team members to take the time to learn how to use it so they just keep uploading Word files instead...but as I mentioned above, Google has a great feature to convert Word files to Google docs!

Pages, Zoho CRM and Microsoft Word

Reasons for Choosing Google Docs

We switched to Google Docs because of the ease of sharing and collaborating on documents. We use google Drive to organize most of our files so being able to collaborate and use Google Docs within that system has made things much easier for our marketing department.

Pages and Microsoft Word

Reasons for Switching to Google Docs

We choose Google Docs over the other desktop alternatives specifically because it is online. The ability to work together on documents, share files and keep our files up to date has changed our system. One of the things we love the most is that even when we use Word or Pages to create files and upload them online...when we upload a new version Google saves the new and the older versions and we don't have to see all the older files. It has cleaned up our file organization soooooo much!
Andrea
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 18/10/2022

Easy On the Go Document Software!

Overall, I love Google Docs' accessibility and ease of use. It's grown a lot since it was first introduced, so even my current "cons" may eventually become moot. Google always strives for greatness and for reliability with its products, so the trust in this product is there.

Pros

I love that Google Docs is really intuitive - if you know MS Word, you can easily adapt to Google Docs. Plus, you can easily access Google Docs from anywhere: your computer, your cell phone, etc. This comes in handy when off-site and needing to access an important document or contract - or draft one up - in a matter of minutes! The self-saving feature is also incredibly handy so you do not have to worry about losing your work. I can create a professional looking document - whether on my own, or through a template - in minutes. It's that easy.

Cons

As someone who uses both MS Word and Google Docs, I will admit there are a few features that MS Word possesses that Google Docs doesn't: more font options, more advanced formatting features, etc. If I convert a Word Doc to Google Docs for storage, let's say, there are times where I lose formatting because it is not supported in Google Docs.

Christopher

Reviewed on 23/08/2023

Google Docs in the Classroom

Overall I enjoy using the software. It is awesome for file sharing and team editing. You can also import documents from other software and have them automatically reformated for the Google Software.

Pros

The whole Google Suite is easy to use across the platform. Google Docs, Google Slides, Google Meet, is all saved to the Drive. Say you want to share something through your Gmail. You can pull directly from the Google Docs to share. You can also permit access so another person can work tangentially with you on a project. This is great when sharing documents with colleagues.

Cons

You are only allowed so much storage using Google before you have to have a monthly subscription. This is the only reason that some of my final score went down. There are increased storage payment tiers. The more storage that you want, the more it costs. A lot of education institutions are moving away Google because of the price.

Russell
Russell

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

Docs is great for SPED teachers

Classroom-based SPED teacher

Pros

The G Suite platform is a phenomenal tool for SPED teachers, but specifically, Docs is an integral part of my profession. Here's why I love it:
- It's cloud-based and constantly saving. So neither I nor my students have to worry about losing/misplacing it. It's always there for us (as long as there's internet connection).
- Nearly all of the features from Microsoft Word are there, with the exception of a few. So if you're familiar with Word, you'll be fine using Docs. The set-up and look is a bit different, but it's user-friendly and you can pick up on it quickly. Plus, there's tons of great YouTube tutorials that will introduce you to Docs.
- For the SPED classroom, you can use Docs for Progress Monitoring so wonderfully. Just Google search it and you'll find lots of amazing ideas from other brilliant people.
- You can share files with students and not worry about them losing it. Plus, they are digital natives so they enjoy working on digital documents.
- You can use it to collect data on IEP goals or teams of teachers can collaborate on one document and store information.
- There are many great add-ons to help learners with disabilities.
- There's the voice-to-text feature that can come in handy for students/teachers, as well as the explore feature if a student needs to learn more about a topic.
- Although not necessarily a SPED-specific feature, there's a translate feature that is helpful for ESOL kids.
- I can add voice recordings for oral exam accommodations.

Cons

As I mentioned earlier, there is a learning curve. But be patient, use tutorials from YouTube when needed, or ask a friend, and you'll be fine! No real cons here!

Reviewed on 16/02/2019

Fantastic document management software for teams

If you like working in a team, and you will not necessarily deal with difficult documents, try the text editor included in the Google Docs service. On a regular basis, any changes are saved directly to the Google cloud, so you can be sure that nothing will be lost. And finally, Google Docs is an absolutely free - as opposed to an extensive, yet somewhat expensive, Office software.

Pros

I love in Google Docs previewing and saving changes in real time - there is no situation, that I forget to save something and close the document or turn off the computer - everything is automatically saved.
I also like a simple system of comments or history of changes in the document - this tool really shines when the participants of the document are far apart, but want to be sure that the work on the document will be carried out well and efficiently.

The text editor from Google also works well in "solo" scenarios when I want to write simpler documents than bachelor's or master's thesis. It is worth pointing out that Google Docs is not offered as part of a computer application - it is only possible in the browser. On the one hand, this is a disadvantage, but for users of alternative operating systems it can be a huge advantage - it depends on our individual preferences.

The more I work with Google Docs, the more I appreciate features that some people may not even know about it. For example, it is possible to insert a picture into a document not only from a disk, as in a standard editor, but directly from the Internet by pasting a link.
In Doc's, you can also insert a map via Google Maps, which can sometimes be really helpful.

There is also changes suggesting in Google Docs.
I can suggest changes to the document without editing the original text. If the owner approves my suggestions, they will replace the original text.

Cons

As I mention before, Google Doc works in our browser. Obviously, we can't edit documents, in the same way as we can do in programs that are created for this.

• Industry: Design

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

Google Docs Rocks!

Overall there have been many benefits to using this program! I am usually connected to the internet so I have no issues with using Google Docs. It makes it easy to save work and send to other employees. I love that I don't have to worry about losing my work, and that it will always be saved.

Pros

Google offers Google Docs as a free version of what is basically Microsoft Word. What I love most about the software is first off, that its free! To me that is a benefit, not having to pay for the software unlike Microsoft Word.

Every single file that you make changes to in Docs automatically save to Google Drive every time you make a change, so if your computer for some reason crashes or shuts down, you can pick up exactly where you left off! This makes using Google Docs stress free and you don't have to constantly worry about saving your file or that the latest version of your file isn't saved. Google Drive stores each save as a separate revision, which means if you want to go back to a version you previously made you are able to do so. Google does not count Docs files toward your free space on Drive, so you can keep an unlimited number of documents and revisions - I love this feature!!

Unlike Microsoft Word and most other alike software programs, Google Docs runs in a Web browser so you don't need to install software to run the program. Running Docs through the Internet makes it possible to work on any Internet or WIFI connected computer, but this presents a limitation: If you lose your Internet connection, you lose access to the program.

Cons

Like I said previously, Google Docs runs completely from the Internet, which can cause some issues with the availability to access your files, but it also provides a way to save all of your changes so you never lose any of your work! If you are in a pinch and need access to your files and have no way of connecting to the internet it can make the situation stressful - this is my biggest issue with the software.

Malinda
Malinda
  • Industry: Government Relations

Reviewed on 05/10/2019

The best alternative for any word editing software

Google docs is a great choice for me. Office stuff such as train schedules, team efforts, financial records and personal stuff like plans and proposals are managed using google docs. I cannot think about an alternative with the benefits that google docs offers me. So I would like o recommend google docs everyone and I'm pretty sure that it will make your life easier.

Pros

Google docs is on of my favorite software which I have been using for 2 years. I am using it on a daily basis mainly as a text editor. Railway stations are spread-ed all over the country so that employees work in different stations. As a station master google docs really helps me since it reduces the lag time to email documents to the other station masters. That corporate communication feature allows myself and my co-employees to work together in the very same document at the real time so that we can contribute our ideas to the same document. Unexpected computer shutdowns happens due to various reasons, but I don't need to worry about losing my data since all the changes I have done in google docs save instantly. There are many add-ons available and I'm using spellright to check my grammar mistakes. Using google docs, I can access and edit my documents even though I'm on leave and away from office because I can access the cloud database 24/7. These are the major reasons why I'm using google docs.

Cons

Google docs works with a proper internet connection. I have experienced some situations where there is no way of connecting to the internet and then I won't be able to access the program. This is the biggest issue for me with google docs so far. Normally I work with documents that are not too large in size but rarely I have experienced that when I try to edit larger documents, google docs becomes slow.

Suzanne
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 29/12/2019

Real-time collaboration with great features

The combination of great features mixed with the easy of real-time collaboration can't be beat. I'm very pleased with Google Docs and regularly use and recommend it for any projects in which I'm involved.

Pros

It's easy to use and full of features relevant for creating and editing all kinds of documents. But where Google Docs especially shines is in the ease of collaboration and sharing. You can share either by personal invites to other Google users (for the best security), or via a link that allows anyone to access. You also have detailed controls over what role you want to grant each person individually - view only, view and comment only, or edit. Comments are attached to specific highlighted text, and can be marked as complete if in reference to a problem, or can be the start of a conversation that other users can reply to. All collaboration happens in real-time. You can watch other users making changes live, so you never have to worry about your version of the document being out-of-date. Lots of users can work on the document simultaneously without creating lag - I haven't experienced any issues unless hundreds of people are all trying to edit at the same time.

Cons

When saving a version of my Doc to my computer (usually done as .docx), it doesn't save the identity of other people who have worked on the file and made comments on it. All the comments are still there - there just isn't any way to tell who made them.

The chat feature doesn't keep a record of what was said, which renders it useless to me. Anything relevant said in chat is lost if you have to refresh your page, or if you aren't present when the comment is made. Only comments made specifically on the document itself by highlighting text are retained and useful.

If you aren't the owner of the document, you can't subscribe to changes in the document.

The mobile app also still has a few aspects that can be clunky. For instance, when working on an extremely long document, you have to scroll forever and ever to get to the bottom - there is no easy way to skip around the document.

Reviewed on 25/02/2020

Google Docs for content writing

We were having trouble collaborating with the content writers and sharing feedbacks

Difficulty organizing documents especially because I use multiple computers. Imagine if your device stops working you may lose all of the documents, etc. But with their cloud-based solution all I need to do is log in from any device with my Gmail id and I can access it.

Pros

We have been using Google Docs for ages and we have seen significant improvement. The pros of it are:

1) Collaboration and accessibility: The ease of access with any other user is super. Unlike Dropbox wherein we saved the Ms Word file if two users access the same file at the same time it creates a duplicate. You can share the G Docs with unlimited people.

2) Feedback: So if you want any of your content writers to make changes you can simply highlight the sentence and click on comment and leave your feedback.

3) No learning curve: If you have been using MS Word or similar application then you will have little to no learning curve.

4) Free: If you have a Gmail id you can get Google Docs for free. The value you are getting for free is immense.

5) Spelling and grammar: There has been a lot of improvement over the years in this field. I also use Grammarly as an additional too but its handy to have the suggestion from the Docs.

6) Saved history: You can view past edits and revert to them if needed

Cons

1) Basic themes layouts, and templates: Google needs to work on creating more templates. Right now there isn't enough of it.

2) Internet access: You will need to have internet access to access the files unless you have installed their Google Docs Offline

Dropbox Business
Camila
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 30/07/2020

Details

I use it a lot, I really like it, I can have my documents everywhere, which is VERY usefull, I can share them with other people and I don't need to have my computer with me to do that, or to edit a file. Really good app!

Pros

I love how you can work with other people on the same document. Even at the same time. That is absolutely great, and it has saved me a lot of time. I make summaries with friends to study then from there, I make things for the university with them and we don't have to be uploading the file updated all the time. This is a feature that gives Google docs a huge advantage over other options.

Cons

The first one is that the last time I created a file, I needed to share it with some friends, so I sent them the link and made it open for everybody so that I wouldn't have to receive an email later to allow every one of them in. But then they started to make changes and everything appeared as anonimous, I loved the animals, made me laugh a lot, but I needed to know who had made some of the changes and couldn't. So I think that that should be an option given to the owner of the file, if I want it to have anonimous editors or named ones.
The other thing is something that is a detail but makes me prefer Microsoft Word sometimes. I do not have it anyway because it is too expensive and I can do almost the same job with Google Docs, but for my university sometimes I have to do some essays with a lot of drawings and graphics, and Google Docs' drawings are very complicated and uneasy to use. A little window pops up and you don't know the scale it is going to have, if you want to make it bigger it loses definition, so you have to get IN the drawing, make it bigger, then in the paper it appears too big, you make it smaller, it is still kind of blurry, so you get in, change it, etc. And the same with the text box, it always looks kind of blurry (maybe because Google Docs transforms it into image, I don't know). I used to use a lot the text box and the arrows, so I wouldn't have that window that pops up, I want to see how it is going to look on the file, and to be able to edit it easily

Jennie
Jennie

Reviewed on 11/10/2020

Cloud-based, free, and easy to use for everyone

Overall, Google Docs is a great product. It offers real-time collaborating with other users, including those who do not have a gmail account. Combined with the other features offered by Google (like chat), it allows for seamless collaborating on anything. Throw in the fact it's free and cloud-based, you have a winning product.

You can access Google Docs on any device, including kindles with a little ingenuity (it's just a bit of a pain to get to with kindles). I highly recommend it for anyone who needs a free word processor and wants something with all the abilities of MS Office.

Pros

Google docs has a lot of benefits. You can download/upload files into docs with a few simple clicks. Copy/pasting from a word processor into docs is simple and causes little to zero formatting issues. And what issues do happen, are easily fixed with only a click or two of the mouse.

You can do any and all editing, previewing, even printing or sharing with docs. If you are collaborating with someone else (or multiple people), you can see what's being written in real-time without any issues. Combine it with gmail or even google chat, and you can make collaborating with your fellow users with seamless ease.

I've been using google's entire suite from when gmail was by invite only (I'm telling my age here LOL). Google docs has only improved over the years and continues to get better, not worse. There are zero fees (unless you choose to up your storage space). And you get access to a version of the basics found in MS Office. Only easier to use with all the same options.

Google Docs has been my go-to for writing. It's cloud-based, I can do all the needed formatting, and it's easy to share to anyone, including people who don't have a gmail account. You can even upload a doc/docx file and convert it to a google doc with only a few clicks, without loosing the formatting. That feature alone makes life a lot easier when you want to edit something on the go.

Cons

Sometimes when you copy/paste from Word or another word processor, the formatting goes wonky. You have to either reformat the entire section, or remove the formatting in that section. It's a few extra needless steps. Aside from that? I've encountered few issues with Docs.

Reviewed on 17/05/2018

I've been using Docs for many years and enjoy its easy accessibility through various platforms.

I use it everyday for various different note taking and report situations. I benefit from it because it is easy to access. In the past we could only access word documents from a usb drive or on the computer itself. However with Google Docs and various different Word Processor programs we can access them on any device and that's great. I want to make it clear that sometimes it isn't because one word processing program is more featured than another. Often times it boils down to the fact that Google Docs is very easy to access and this has become a success for many Google apps.

Pros

What I enjoy most is that it's free. It wasn't too long ago when the word processing programs were only on the local hard drive rather than in the cloud. I believe that running Google Docs as a program that connects to the cloud enables customers ease of access. No matter where someone is, they can access Docs once connected to the internet. I have a Chromebook and at first I thought it would be an inconvenience having to connect online most times. However, usage of the cloud has become more understood through the years but many people don't understand it completely even still. With the option to download the files and work on the files offline I'd say that Docs is at the top of the Word Processor world. Sharing files and editing them all at once with a research team at school is also a plus. While utilizing this feature I have finished school work in groups in excellent timing.

Cons

I would like to see more Template documents in Google Docs. This service is free of charge however even if Google provided a large library of template documents at a monthly charge or a small fee for each file, this would be amazing.