Google Docs Reviews

About Google Docs

Google Docs is a web-based document management application designed to help users create and edit documents in real-time. The platform allows employees to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, add comments and...

4.8

Browse Google Docs Reviews

28,161 of 28,162 reviews
Olga
Olga
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 29/08/2020

Great alternative to online blackboards and note-taking apps!

It is just "Oh my goodness!" Stupid simple and immensely inspiring! Useful. Helpful. Adorable.

Pros

User-friendly, flexible, responsive, customizable and overwhelmingly great!
Easy-to-use on Linux OS (my OS - Ubuntu Budgie 18.04.5 LTS (Bionic Beaver), I am a PC user).
I really like their multiple functions, such as: creating complex documents with tables, different splendid fonts, background colors, in bold and cursive fonts. Flexible and comfy using bullet points or ordered listing, page numbering, first-line indentation, interline spacing. Adjustable using hyperlinks and styles deleting. It is fast and easy to create, share and delete documents, modify them, download and save in .doc or .pdf. It is absolutely free, stable, secure and trustworthy service which is indispensable for e-learning, edutainment, studies, research work and online tutoring. Besides, you can use this spectacularly simple service as a note-taking app or even a draft of your blog or bullet journal! Whatever you want to type down: bucket list, to-do list, grocery list, motivation letter draft, CV or resume, it is always comfy, flexible and useful! Easy to use, easy to customize, easy to modify, save, download and delete! I have not mentioned other functions as inserting some files (pictures) or creating slides or optical character recognition, but I have never checked these functions, that's why I have described just common functionality which is pleasant and helpful for any task completion!
As I said: it is smart, simple and impressively good! I am really grateful that such a service exists.

Cons

Well, for some weird reason I cannot check for sure how OCR works there. Besides, my hardware is a little bit outdated, that's why something like "inserting pictures" might malfunction on my OS.

Scott
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 06/05/2024

Google Docs For Ease of Use and Efficiency

I have used Google Docs for more than 15 years. I said goodbye to Microsoft Word in the early 2000’s. I use Google Docs in my personal and professional life daily. I’m grateful for this tech.

Pros

Google Docs makes it easy to creat documents, share documents without email and be more productive and efficient with your time.

Cons

If there is internet interruption this can be problematic. But the lack of compatibility with other programs can be the most frustrating especially sharing with someone who is not tech savvy or is not familiar with online software like this.

Sven

Reviewed on 30/04/2019

A good, if basic, word processor in the cloud

I'm using Google Docs for creating all my business letters & documents. So far I've always been able to achieve professional & proper looking results and have greatly profited from Google's templates directory. The cloud backup & collaboration features of Docs have also come in handy on numerous occasions.

Pros

Google Docs provides you with all the obvious necessities a word processor in 2019 should be giving you. While it doesn't support overly fancy layouts & effects, Google Docs concentrates on the core word processing feature-set and executes well on it. You can easily & (perhaps more importantly) efficiently write letters, notes and memos using this application. The instant sync & cloud backup are a nice bonus and Google's new "Template Directory", which gives you access for templates for things like contracts, freelance writing agreements, invites, etc. is a treasure trove for everyone who's just trying to get their work done.
Your documents written in Google Docs will look professional, whether you use a template or create a document from scratch. The export to PDF & Word makes it compatible with all mayor systems and the tight Google integration is a nice bonus for everyone who also utilises the plethora of Google services.
Google Docs is a perfectly fine word processor that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend as your "daily driver" for document editing.

Cons

While Google Docs "executing well on the basics" approach to word processing works brilliantly when creating documents, it also creates incompatibilities when trying to import documents written in Word or Apple Pages. This can sometimes lead to mayor issues when working with coworkers, contractors or clients who use one of these other word processors, which can only be resolved by one of the involved parties switching to the other's editor of choice.

Top Google Docs Alternatives

Jeff

Reviewed on 12/02/2024

Google Docs For Schools

I have used Google docs for a very long time , its updated a lot , changes are well though out and little to no down time.

Pros

The best points are the easy download in many formats old and new , very good for schools eith a mix of technology, as most do.
Another great feature is the speed of search fuctions and the very easy drag and drop of documents

Cons

I wish google docs had more options and tutorials for clients and wasmore insync with google classes , which i also really like using.

Cody
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 16/04/2024

Great document solution for a business of any size

Pros

Ease of access via any browser or mobile device is extremely helpful especially for businesses that have a hybrid, remove and/or mobile workforce. The UI is familiar and easy to use. The add in store offers a lot of expandable functionality beyond Docs built in feature set.

Cons

Being able to collaborate with non-Google users is possible, but there's no way to limit which guests can modify vs view only vs comment only. Permission management can be tricky when folder and file permissions must be different.

Claire
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 27/04/2024

I LOVE Google Docs

INCREDIBLE! I recommend it to everyone and prefer to work for companies using G-suite products

Pros

It's so easy to use and collaborate on documents, It's way more intuitive than its alternatives and I love how easy it is to share and edit

Cons

It can be annoying to have to share the docs, user experience here could be improved slightly

Andy

Reviewed on 29/05/2024

Viable alternative to Microsoft Word

I've enjoyed using Google Docs I think its a good product.

Pros

I like that the sharing and collaboration features are so powerful, it integrates well with Google Drive and Google Workspace.

Cons

I think that they could do a better job of providing a better range of templates that could be deployed and previewed more easily.

Andrea
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 15/05/2024

Great for working with others

It's a game changer. I use it to collaborate, but also to get submissions from my students. It's much better than getting files from platforms like Blacboard.

Pros

I like being able to work with other people synchronously. It's a game changer. As a person working in academia, it's easier to comment on other people's drafts and to collaborate on projects.

Cons

I don't like the Home interface. It always looks messy. It can be improved.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 07/05/2024

Great for on-line/ documents creation and/ or collaboration

Excellent tool for document sharing and/ or dynamic and secure collaboration.

Pros

The on-the-go collaborative features are easy to utilize. You can make sure the right people (access management) has the right access level (edit, comment, read-only) so they can meet the objectives. Not having to think "what is the right doc I should access?" is just great. There will be only one single document to access, and one single online version for everyone.

Cons

It might be a bit complex to structure the text/ tab/ formats. As a user, it may take a bit longer than with the traditional MS Word.

• Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 12/05/2024

Favourite word editor .

Pros

In-class collaboration between users is Google docs strongest point ,and it is what I like most about it.
This has proven beneficial to my team , as we rely on it for multi - user collaboration when creating documents for my team or department. Having multiple users being able to work together on documentations makes us more efficient and productive.

Cons

Whenever I have imported word documents created with third party tools into Google docs, the formatting properties of such documents get distorted, leaving me spending extra time to reformat the file.

Cullen
Cullen

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

Everything for Individuals to Small Businesses and Fast to Learn

Overall Google Docs covers all the necessities and far more for even the most advanced users. Its been my go to document editor for a few years now and will remain at the top. Most competitors are only note taking software or of course Microsoft Word or Microsoft Office 365, which invites a new level of confusion between the two for users I may share documents with unlike Google Docs. I've seen Google Docs used by both large enterprises and legal businesses which shows just how widely accepted its easy to use approach is. As an entrepreneur I have to think about my clients and colleagues whom I communicate with, making certain we can communicate and access shared files without any hiccups 24/7.

Pros

Google Docs brings all the tools and features of a AAA desktop text editor to the cloud at no cost. It's really easy to learn how to use because Google maintains a clean interface with intuitive controls/navigation. Saving all your documents to the cloud is a huge bonus you don't always realize until you have it. I found myself opening documents on my mobile device and sharing them to work colleagues, which made things so much smoother countless times! Over the past year especially google has really grown with plugins, allowing third party apps/software interact with Docs. For example I'm able to export reports from other software directly into the Google Doc i'm editing without leaving the text editor interface. Google is so widely used that sharing a document as a google doc is almost necessary. When I do some freelance work It's a must to share docs as a Google Doc, because my clients understand how to open and interact with documents without my teaching. Google stays on top of things with frequent new content/features which don't require any downloads to keep up to date. If your using google docs for work, documents can be shared or only accessed by fellow employees or departments etc. Very helpful when creating drafts and prototyping.

Cons

There are some advanced features that you may find in Microsoft Word missing from Google Doc, however its a tradeoff for easy of use. It would be nice if the navigation through documents was more customized. For example a left side navigation bar that broke down categories and subcategories for faster browsing. Google Docs doesn't have the same file explorer view as in Google Drive which creates a bit of a mess of files.

Reviewed on 02/12/2019

Google Docs Review

Google docs is the best doc editing / collaboration software I've ever used. It's fast, stable and easy to get started. It accepts most popular file formats, files can be downloaded in a variety of formats, files are auto-saved and easy to share your documents as well as keep them private.

Pros

Google docs has several advantages that I like the most: 1. It saves on the cloud, meaning you can edit the doc on one of your device and review it on the other; 2. The powerful simultaneous editing by multiple users - google docs has the most powerful thread management system which tracks the order of editing and this makes the usage very easy and convenient; 3. Its powerful commenting system - one can almost comment on every single element of the doc and start a conversation discussing about it; 4. Its powerful admin system - this grants different power / authority to different users to the doc allowing them managing, editing and viewing. Overall, this is the number 1 option of text editing collaboration software.

Cons

Only several nits making it less convenient: 1. Only works as fast as your internet connection; 2. One must login to use it; 3. Missing some advanced formatting and style options only found in a traditional word editor (which I personally seldom need).

Reasons for Switching to Google Docs

Same thing as mentioned before - Microsoft Word is the famous text editor for documenting things but it is not friendly for collaboration at all. Google doc, on the other hand, can be used as personal editing (by setting up auth for others) or can be used as team collaboration text sharing docs.
Mikel
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 04/01/2020

Collaboration Made Easy

Google Docs has completely changed the game of team collaboration and organization. I use Google Docs every day and it's so simple to create, organize and share documents across multiple team members. It saves so much time in having to save out a doc, organize it in a folder somewhere, attach it to an email, get the doc back with edits, etc. So much easier to create one document, share it directly from the Google platform to whomever needs access (and even control the type of access they have - PLUS!) and then allow the collaboration to happen within that same document. I could go on on it's ease of use, but overall...If you're looking for a tool to increase productivity and efficiency within collaboration, then Google Docs is it.

Pros

The absolute best thing about Google Docs is the ability to seamlessly and easily collaborate with team members across the same, or different, organizations. The platform is so easy for anyone to use and the platform similarity with Microsoft Office Documents makes it universally easy to use.

Cons

I don't like that there's not a better way to cross integrate Google Docs with other serve style/ storage platforms. We do a lot of work that includes a mix of documents and design files, and storing those files with Google Docs can be a bit cumbersome. I also wish there were more robust formulas and abilities within the Google Sheets platform. There are third party integrations that can easily be added into Google Sheets to make it more robust, but it would be easier if it was already integrated into it.

Reasons for Choosing Google Docs

Office 365 makes it more difficult to share and collaborate across multiple devices and team members. Google Docs is far superior in that regard.

Reasons for Switching to Google Docs

Google Docs share-ability and ease of use without having to download products and keep things updated makes it so much easier. It's also much more cost-effective across organizations.
Ken

Reviewed on 21/02/2020

Google Doc's Change the way you think

This is an entire brain shift. To realize I no longer have to download a doc to my laptop, edit, save and upload makes my brain hurt. I just grab a tablet and work.. If you are young, in my opinion it is the way to go. I wish it was available 40 years ago, I would not be so set in my ways.

Pros

First off, to move from an install software to a cloud based software you HAVE to change the way you think. I am old, I sell GSuite, O365 and install LibreOffice. It has taken me a long time to embrace what I can do with Google Doc's I went from using it once a month to once a day. There is so much I can do from my phone Google Docs gives you the freedom to be fully mobile, Phone, Tablet, Desktop, Laptop. You ALWAYS have access to your docs if you can connect to the internet.

Cons

This is tough, It is a love hate relationship. If your network connection sucks, your access sucks. I no longer can open up my laptop where there is no internet and work. So, I use the hot spot on my phone, except when I am on the phone the hot spot cuts off. So a bought a hot spot for the car so I can talk and type.

Microsoft 365 and LibreOffice

Reasons for Choosing Google Docs

I needed the mobility, I no longer have a brick and mortar office. My office is where ever I am.

Reasons for Switching to Google Docs

Honestly I still use Outlook and Excel and Word and publisher and Writer and Calc and Draw, so I am not a complete convert. There are things I know how to do that would be painful to change. I can see the day when all the relics will be left behind. When doc can replace publisher and draw, I will move closer.
Ray
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 27/02/2020

Google docs is a godsend!

I absolutely love it, it allows me to use creative freedom whether I'm typing up a resume, writing a story or even working with graphics to set up my sales forms or questionnaires! Its worth the time and effort of use!

Pros

Google docs can be used as a cross platform product, i.e smart phone, computer, and tablet. It auto saves your work! So even if you accidentally click out of the page its there! Or if you need to change platforms it's there! You can copy and paste pictures as well. It's great for saving grocery lists, screenshots, and much more!

Google docs is also compatible with whatever settings you have on your computer, I say that because I have a dark mode browser set up so that my eyes aren't straining when I use my computer or tablet. So the program doesn't conflict with google docs.

Cons

There are very few con's to google docs however the biggest issues I've ran into with google docs is, the auto save is a double edge sword, so if you're like me and wake up with your phone in your hand and you discover you have accidentally typed why you slept or perhaps you've accidentally deleted it. Its saves and you could potentially lose what you worked on after a long stretch of time. (Most times the undo button helps but not after like a day of not touching the program)

And when you're using it via computer or tablet you have to right click and select paste for it to paste it for you (its not that big of a detail, I just like hotkeys/short cuts)

ATAMA
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 16/02/2021

Grow your Team with all docs in one place!

Im solving storage, communication, collaberation, and ease of documents organization with this software. I could not funcltion with out it.

Pros

As a growing business our documents can be hard to track and keep up with on the go. Having software like Google Docs helps to uniform communication with staff, teams, and clients.

Cons

I have not yet found a featuren that I do not like. The new intergrations with partner providers and videos of how to make it seamless.

Everyday Toolkit

Reasons for Choosing Google Docs

Slack was quite confusing and not user frienfly and another app to downlode.

Slack

Reasons for Switching to Google Docs

It was our primary google products we used, and wanted to uniform our company with one go to access for all things comoany related with a cloud storage.
Fernando Manoel
Fernando Manoel
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 26/05/2022

Google Docs an excellent collaboration tool

Google Docs is without a doubt one of the best, if not the best, collaboration tools in the world. In addition to the office suite, there are many other integrated tools that streamline the management of a company.

Pros

Even in the free version, it is already possible to use advanced resources for collaboration and document management.

Cons

I still haven't found anything that discredits any part of this tool.

WPS Office and Microsoft Word

Reasons for Choosing Google Docs

The Google company offers a much wider range of integrated tools than its competitors.

Reasons for Switching to Google Docs

The Google company offers a much wider range of integrated tools than its competitors, in addition to a much cleaner interface
Sean

Reviewed on 03/10/2022

I LOVE Google Docs

We do a lot of document creation , sharing and modifying and this allows my team to create outstanding work that is clean looking and complete. I can't see an instance that we would move away from Google Docs.

Pros

I love how this software allows our entire team to be on the same page. Definitely the best program I've used for team collaboration

The ability to view it while mobile is huge as well , we aren't tied down to our desktops anymore

The simplicity of so many options that it offers is really tough to beat. This will service anyone who is new to advanced.

Cons

There isn't much to dislike about Google Docs , great product that keeps getting better

Reasons for Choosing Google Docs

We were looking for something that made it easier for us to collaborate. This has made it beyond convenient

Reasons for Switching to Google Docs

We had used Word for years but was looking for a change to help streamline our workflow
Bethany
Bethany

Reviewed on 08/10/2022

Google Docs is my Go-To Document Creation Tool

Overall as a small business, Google Docs does the job for me. I've had to use other programs to fill in the gaps that Google Docs left open, but I've used this software for over ten years, and it's still my preferred document editor.

Pros

I love how Google made it easy to collaborate with others simultaneously on the same document. Document sharing is also a breeze. And the software is FREE. There are a variety of templates to choose from, or you can create a new document from scratch. You can even work on documents on your tablet or phone with the mobile app.

Cons

Google Docs doesn't have the best presentation program. If that's what you're working on, you're better off using Microsoft Powerpoint. I'd like to see more import and export options. Probably the worst problem with Google Docs is if you're creating a lot of content or writing books, you're going to run out of free space fast. You're only allowed so many free GB of space across all of your Google products, including Gmail, so if you're going to need lots of space to save docs, be aware of the pricing on that.

Amit
Amit
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

Google Docs - Review

It is my go-to platform to create, manage and share documents. Have been using it from the past 3+ years - highly recommend it over the Microsoft Word.

Pros

It is super duper user friendly, easy to integrate with other Google Apps/Productivity Tools, easy to share, store and manage.

Cons

Can be used online only. Need to add additional plugins for some basic features, like arrange bullet points in ascending order.

Reasons for Choosing Google Docs

Microsoft Word was offline, expensive, and not easy to share.

Reasons for Switching to Google Docs

Google Docs, as mentioned earlier, provided a similar look and feel but is free, easy to operate.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

Google Docs Supports Life

I love Google Docs. In my current work environment we use a much more archaic system and I miss it so much. My wife and I use it for many different things, though, and I hope to convince my work establishment to adopt it.

Pros

Google Docs so far has been the best overall solution for personal and professional endeavors. I cannot imagine what I did before I had it. The capability to start typing a document on my iPad, moving to the desktop for a bigger screen, then loading the same document up on my phone so I can easily insert a photo I've just taken, and THEN go back to the iPad seamlessly, was a game changer. This instant access/instant save across all devices connected to the internet is so critical with the fast pace and active life I have.

The other great thing is the software's ability to (mostly) open up and be comparable to other software suites like Microsoft Office. It is a great workaround to see an Excel document, for example, in Sheets, in its more native spreadsheet enviroment rather than just a doc viewer. This way, you can look at the formulas.

The Docs interface is clean as well, much like all of Google's suite of tools and such, and for easy- to mid-level work is perfect to navigate and edit.

Cons

The worst part of Google Docs is the tools are just a bit off from their counterparts. Sheets is not Excel; it can do a TON of what Excel does, but is not 100% 1-to-1. For a free piece of software I don't say this as a complaint but more of a "understand what you are getting yourself into" to another user. Like other free suites, it simply isn't as strong of a tool as the industry standard, though its getting there!

The other knock would be that it is not a power-user tool; the pro that it is clean and not complicated interface-wise can also be a detriment if you are wanting a little more control over what you are doing and to have more tools accessible at once. This is not a part of Google Docs (yet!)

Elliot
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 07/03/2019

Terrific and yet so very frustrating

Google Docs is both remarkably easy (when it works) and utterly byzantine (when it doesn't). As a user who is comfortable using Mac, Linux, and PC operating systems, it is frustrating to feel like they have reinvented the wheel when it comes to simple file management. A basic user can do well immediately, but to become truly competent takes serious diligence and buy-in -

Pros

Incredibly easy document creation, collaboration, and sharing. Zero learning curve to create meeting minutes, take notes, co-author reports or policies, or any number of other content-creation tasks. Tagging people and adding action items is fast and efficient. Works great if folks are on the Gmail domain and almost as well if they are not. It's Google, so you know the search works. Automatic outlining in the left pane is a nice feature.

Cons

Too many overlapping services (Docs and Drive e.g.) make it confusing to navigate and find files again. Spreadsheets made in Sheets do not appear in search results on docs.google.com. Google throws out conventions (heirarchical folders with detail columns) in favor of "recent docs" which makes it challenging to find the file you need if it is older or not frequently accessed. Permissions and sharing settings are quick to set up initially, but are not intuitive or straightforward to modify.It is easy for multiple users in the organization to do "what works" and make a mess of document ownership and sharing, and not find out until later. I would like to be able to sort files by name, or date ascending, or otherwise browse. A very common frustration is "Where is that file?? (who owns it, who's drive is it in, where on earth did it save to?)" On a good day, it just happens. On a bad day, who knows. Nonprofits, which subsume all those services and more - b

Zee
Zee

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

Where do I start? I love Google Docs!

Love-love-love it. As I mentioned above, I use Google Docs daily and my life has become much simpler thanks to it. I use it both for work purposes as well as for writing papers for my education.

Pros

I love writing. It's not just for work but in general, I love writing.

I have used Google Docs for work for writing articles and the best feature is AUTOMATIC SAVING. No kidding! I've had so many problems with Word documents when it would crash JUST as I was finishing up an article or whatever I was writing and I would have to do it all over again. With Google Docs, I don't have to worry about this and hit CTRL+S every five minutes.

Version-control. This is another great feature of Google Docs since I often work on the same document with other team members. Therefore, I need to see who added what (comments in the document itself also are helpful - especially the email notifications you get when someone responds to your comment).

The interface is very user-friendly and I haven't had any trouble finding the tools I needed.

Accessibility. All my files are always available to me online. I can work on a document at work and then continue working on it from my phone using the Google Docs app. Perfect!

Cons

Google Docs sometimes kills the formatting of the imported Word Documents, but I guess this is unavoidable. Besides, now that more and more of my teammates are switching to Google Docs, this problem is disappearing.

ALEXANDER

Reviewed on 28/01/2020

Improve the productivity of your team or company with Google Docs.

Google Docs brings a number of benefits to the productivity of your team or company, and consequently will lead to higher quality deliveries. The system is integrated with Google Drive, which facilitates collaboration, use and control.

Pros

• It is possible for several users to work simultaneously on the same document, keeping all updates visible in real time, where through a chat system, where you can communicate with the people who are viewing the same file.
• Another very important feature in collaboration is the detailed control of permissions, where you can make files visible to specific people, or to everyone who works in the company.
• You don't have to move around the desktop to access an important document, just use the mobile app to be able to view and edit everything on your cell phone.
• Allows documents to be opened by a browser or application, without the need for the file to be saved on the computer.
• The system is still able to open documents in the Office extension, accepting editing them through conversion.
• It has the function of the agenda, which allows the scheduling of dates and events, as well as the development of descriptions not to forget.
• You have the option of taking notes during activities, allowing you to write down ideas, so you can return to them later.

Cons

• If you are not online, or do not have access to the Internet, you will not be able to work with the files, as you do not automatically have an offline copy on your computer, to use when you cannot access the Internet.
• If someone holds your secret password, or is able to steal the password, they can log into your account and view your confidential files, edit documents or delete them.

Jenny
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 26/04/2018

I've been using Google Docs for years personally and professionally.

Pros

The best thing about Google Docs is that it makes sharing and collaborating on documents easy and simple for groups and teams. It's pretty much unrivaled in that way, competitor-wise, because everyone these days has a G-Mail account. I like Google Docs in early stages of projects because if I start a group project and assign different people to different pieces, I can see what's been worked on and what hasn't since the Doc updates automatically. Unfortunately pre-Google Docs I've dealt with people telling me work is done when it's not and I have to trust their word. Google Docs makes things transparent.

Cons

The biggest deterrent for me with Google Docs is the lack of version control. Granted, if every Google Doc was marked up with hundreds of tiny track changes it would drive everyone crazy, but I'm very hesitant about initiating a Google Doc if a project or document I'm working on with a group is sensitive or NOT in an early phase. It's (at least from my understanding) impossible to tell who edited or deleted or re-formatted a Google Doc after the fact, unless you're on the Google Doc watching a person's color cursor scan over a certain part of the Google Doc. And what's worse is you can't get earlier versions of the Google Doc back (again, at least from my understanding). So, if I'm starting a project and we're brainstorming I'd consider using Google Docs. Otherwise, like version control, I know who changed what and why if what I'm working on needs to be polished and perfect. If someone else shares work on a Google Doc and invites edits, I'm all for it because then I can easily go in and make edits. But that's because I'm a grammar-obsessed person and those sharing their work with me know I'll edit grammar and they'll be OK with it. I wouldn't necessarily want to write a script or a paper or something and send it via Google Docs to a group of people and have it turned upside down then not be able to get it back and not know who made what changes.