TurboTax Business Reviews

About TurboTax Business

Intuit's TurboTax Business software is a mobile-friendly tax preparation program that guides businesses step-by-step when submitting federal and state income tax returns. A user can get fast answers to any tax questions with the...

4.2

Browse TurboTax Business Reviews

Nathaniel
Nathaniel
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Great Small Business Tax Option

Pros

The software is user friendly and allows the user to get help whenever they need it. Which is important

Cons

The software doesn't have any cons that come to mind.

Response from Intuit

Thanks for making our day with this rave review, Nathaniel! One of our goals when designing this software was to make it as user friendly and easy to use as possible, so we're thrilled that you found that to be the case. No matter where your small business journey takes you, count on QuickBooks to back you each step of the way. By the way, if you're ever looking for tips on how to get the most of the software, our free webinars would be worth checking out in your spare time: https://intuit.me/2rDBlWL

Wishing you continued success!
-Kristian, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 17/07/2019
Yonatan

Reviewed on 23/07/2021

"TaxAct Proficient"

Totally love it. It really is more thorough than required.

Pros

The solitary thing that would improve this product is somewhat more capacity to tweak announcing.

Cons

Private alcove announcing could be somewhat more adaptable. Nonetheless, it is a minor issue in the general execution.

Joe

Reviewed on 10/03/2022

Not as good as in the past.

Its an annual event to file and pay taxes, both Federal and State. I have used this software since it first was issued and this year was pretty much the first time I had problems. The first problem was when I tried to open an old return and it would not open claiming I had to put the purchase code in again. Well not that easy I called Turbo Tax support and they saw I purchased the software but couldn't find a key. Lucky I had a paper copy after 20 minutes somehow the line went dead. So much for support. Problem 2. Apple like to update its OS and Turbo Tax made the decision to make their software to only work on the new OS. I have not updated my computer because of old software that works and I don't have a need to spend about $2500 to update all the software just to do the taxes. I figured out a way by using someone else's computer and e-mailing my last years tax return to them and allowing it to be used with the new software. Turbo Tax should not have taken this step to make their software only to work on the newest system. This is a problem in the industry where I believe it is done to generate upgrade sales without regard to the consumer.

Pros

That is is still somewhat easy to use, but the new requirement of only working on the new MAC OS is a major problem.

Cons

That it would not work on an older computer that had all my old tax records that was used with previous editions of this software.

Top TurboTax Business Alternatives

Morgan

Reviewed on 24/10/2023

TurboTax is great for solopreneurs.

I have used TurboTax for years now because it is affordable and relatively easy to use, even for self-employed contractors.

Pros

TurboTax has been helpful to me for the past several years. The fact that my Self-Employment Quickbooks can feed information directly into my TurboTax is amazing. Customer service is also good. When I had two complex issues last year, they called me back with answers on how to categorize the expenses.

Cons

For government employees who move overseas for work, it is not always the easiest to figure out state taxes.

Jeremy
Jeremy
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 30/03/2021

Make Taxes Easy

I used to go through an accountant that charged 2-3x what TurboTax does. I always was afraid I would get audited because I made a mistake. Low and behold my accountant made mistakes and I still got audited. After trying my hand at TurboTax I cut expenses massively by dumping the accountant and doing TurboTax.

Pros

I love that TurboTax helps me easily categorize all my business expenses so that I can itemize them and maximize my deductions.

Cons

Less a complaint with TurboTax and more with taxes in general, it is extremely tedious and time-consuming, but at least with TurboTax they help make sure I don't miss anything!

Ron
Ron

Reviewed on 25/05/2022

Non-existent support ruined my customer experience

This is the second time I have tried to use Turbotax Corporate, and I will never use this product again!! I was hopeful that the product was improved from the last time I tried it, and while it looked hopeful to start, the moment you encounter an error, you are screwed. I only gave the Turbotax Corporate a second chance, because I’m a huge fan of Turbotax for individuals and QuickBooks. I have used Quickbooks for 17 years and Turbotax for my personal tax returns since 2008. (Back when it was called QuickTax)

Pros

The desktop version of the software interfaces well with Quickbooks and updating most information with the exception of the CCA details was easy.

Cons

The CCA section of the program is horrible, and this is where the non-existent customer support is really hurting Intuit. I'm confident that the developers had a decent idea of when they built this section of the program, but the forms are not intuitive, and the context sensitive help is not helpful. I spent half an hour using the chat to try to get help, but it was probably in the top 2 of my worst experiences with customer support.

Elainy
Elainy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 25/12/2019

A great software

Pros

This software speaks for its self you have the power to do all the business you have right through and by the end of the year you have all of the tax information needed to file taxes. It will show you charts and graphs of your income within the month and year and helps you keep track of all your Invoices

Cons

No cons at all since this software does everything including uploading your information to your turbo tax refund software to file taxes easier.

Casscilla
Casscilla

Reviewed on 25/02/2020

Business Tax

Overall it is great to use I will keep using this software time and time again because it does want I need. I will keep telling others about it because for me it just want I need each year to make sure that I get my taxes done right.

Pros

Enjoied using the software it is really have to find that king of help that turbo Tax business offers. It help make my tax time simple and light. I have tried a few other software but not may can do better than turbo Tax business.

Cons

I thing that it should run free for the first 2 weeks of the tax season. I thin that this will help others who MIGHT want to try and do it themselves.

Kene
Kene
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 16/05/2021

Turbo Tax

I file my taxes with TurboTax and am satisfied with how my filings have turned out with TurboTax.

Pros

This software allows me to do my taxes every year for free. They inform me about certain tax breaks I may qualify for and ensure that I fill out all of the necessary paperwork.

Cons

I don't like that the process can take a very long time and that you have to pay a large sum of money to receive assistance.

Anne
Anne
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 09/04/2019

Make Tax Season a little less hectic

Turbo tax identifies situations that could be tax advantageous and walks you through the steps to ensure you are not losing out on any benefits.

Pros

Turbo Tax has continued to innovate its products over the years and has not rested on its laurels. It provides a multitude of features that streamline the tax process and save time and energy, as well as sanity!

Cons

Nothing wrong with it - saves you a lot of headaches.

Virginia

Reviewed on 26/07/2018

You Plug it Chugs

Pros

I’ve used TurboTax, electronic tax preparation software, for three consecutive years to file my state and federal taxes. TurboTax provides e-filing taxes services and assistance for those filing as self-employed, small business, military, and retirement tax purposes. TurboTax will make filing less of a hassle; all you have to do is plug, and it will take care of the chugging for you. Overall, I have been pretty pleased with the services but keep in mind it is always good to have a second pair of eyes to examine your taxes before filing.

Pros
We all know filing taxes can rack up quite a hefty bill, especially when hiring someone to do them for you. TurboTax provides the same services as a real person, for a reasonable cost.

One of my favorite perks to using Turbo is that it saves all my previous year’s returns so I can easily access and refer to at any time; you can easily switch between the online platform and the mobile app without having to worry about your data or updates being lost.

For those who don’t have a lot of sit-down time you can file on the go, directly from Turbo’s mobile app; which supports both iPhone and Android phone as well as an iPad and Android tablet.

For beginners, this application is the step-by-step guide that walks you through the complete filing process from start to finish. If you still find you need assistance there is on-demand support and live-phone support (including CPA or EA assistance that can look over/double check your work before sending your return off) readily available to you 24-hours a day.

If you are anything like me… a tax amendment or an extension of some sort is often in the equation; TurboTax contains all the forms you can easily access to complete any of these actions and will let you know exactly where to mail it to. After filing, the IRS should receive your return in as little as 1-2 business days and are generally approved within 1-2 business days as well (deposits and refunds take a bit longer, est. 19 business days).

Cons

Although TurboTax does have a free plan, keep in mind you will still have to pay when e-filing (technically speaking… it’s not exactly free).

As an experienced Turbo user for three years now, I have only encountered one experience where Turbo did not catch a mistake; for this reason, I would highly recommend you have one of the CPA/EA’s available to you via TurboTax look over your taxes before filing to help you catch any potential errors.

While I have confidence in the applications security of my data and personal information I would not put 100% confidence in the results it provides as automated software can make mistakes too. In the future I hope TurboTax provides documentation on all of the calculations so that it is easier for people to work backwards and find mistakes when needed.

Ken
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 18/03/2021

Makes Taxes Easy

Overall, I love using the software. Makes doing taxes quick and gives me the confidence that I didn't miss anything. Also, the auto-calculations ensure that there are no mathematical errors on your part.

Pros

I have used TurboTax for Business for years. In addition to being an employee, I also have some of my own Sole Proprietorships. The software walks a person step-by-step through every aspect of his taxes, accounting for all his income and also for all possible deductions and credits. It auto-calculates the totals.

Also, you can use the software to file your taxes electronically, which usually results in a very quick refund, if any is due.

Cons

Occasionally, there are special circumstances when you have to do a manual over-ride of the software's calculations, but if you do that then there are times when you can't use the software to file electronically. Your calculations will still be correct, but you'll have to file a printed paper copy and send through the mail rather than electronically. This isn't the case with all manual over-rides, but it can happen.

Beth

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

TUrbo Tax Excellent for Small Business

Overall, Turbo Tax for Business make tax prep and preparation of a return a breeze. IN less than one day, with only a little advance tax prep, both state and federal returns were done with ease and no stress.

Pros

I am fully confident in the structure, backup and support that Turbo Tax provides for small business owners. Much cheaper that a tax preparer and as a small business owner cost is key to a profitable year. Turbo tax is so simple and easy to use - anyone can do it with confidence that they are getting all the breaks and benefits allowed in preparing a return whether state or federal.

Cons

I filed for an extension last year through Turbo Tax. when I filed the return, it did not include the fee for filing late so it was a small surprise to get bills from both the State and Feds. In this instance, the amount owed was nominal but in another case things could have been different. Would be good for the software to include late fees/interest/penalties or at least to warn you to check with State and Feds regarding this.

• Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 14/03/2018

Perfect Way to File Your Own Taxes If you do a Simple return

Pros

I have been using TurboTax to file my own taxes for about 4 years now. It's consistently getting better and easier to use. My personal information auto-populates from last year and I can import my W-2's easily. It takes me about an hour to file my taxes, quick and easy. I do not have a very complicated tax return but I always feel confident that TurboTax has asked me enough questions to make sure I am getting the maximum return back.

Cons

They charge you more to auto-populate your personal info from last year. I had a question about why I did not qualify for a tax credit this year, none of the help buttons or articles were giving me a clear enough answer. I wanted to speak to a customer service rep in person and I scheduled for them to call me but never received a phone call. When I called I had to go thru the usual automated answer/waiting on hold deal. Defeats the purpose of having a no wait option to request a phone call.

Nitinkumar
  • Industry: Executive Office

Reviewed on 06/05/2022

TTBInc 2020 cannot co-exist with TTBInc 2021 - Support is clueless, chat only, No telephone number!!
Support guys on chat actually tells you if you buy from retailers(which BTW has listed all retailers on their website) then don't expect any help. TTBinc 2020 and TTBinc cannot co-exist. I have saved chats for anyone who cares, about how disgusting the experience with support was.

Pros

Till TTBinc 2020 everything was good. With TTBinc 2021 - something has changed as described below.

Cons

Support guys on chat actually tells you if you buy from retailers(which BTW has listed all retailers on their website) then don't expect any help. TTBinc 2020 and TTBinc 2021 cannot co-exist. I have saved chats for anyone who cares, about how disgusting the experience with support was. They have a non-working half-cooked Patch with missing steps which they give you on live chat and which doesn't work. They don't help you over remote connection knowing that it is not going to work. So had to uninstall and re-install TTBinc 2020 on a different computer - where I had to get new codes from Support. They did provide new codes though.

Teresa
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 22/01/2021

TurboTax

Great experience, I like the product

Pros

I been using this product for 2 years and I do like the fact that is easy to use as long as you just read every line and calculate correct you can do know wrong. It is sent directly over to IRS so, you don't have to worry about sending it in the mail.

Cons

It is expensive for something that you have to do once a year only. There much cheaper tax products for business like TaxAct and TaxSlayer .

Kevin
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 28/02/2020

This is Tax software done right.

Our Tax situation as a business is very straightforward and does not require a tax professional to solve, that means software like this has empowered us to file our own taxes and cut out the middleman without losing any deductions or credits as a result.

Pros

TurboTax Business is quite possibly the easiest way to file taxes for small business period. we are using this along side with Quick-books online so integration is seamless. It has all of the forms for every kind of employee and business tax situation including obscure ones like business tangible and Meals Tax in Arlington county. The Audit defense is very helpful if you are worried you made an error while filing (Peace of mind!)

Cons

There have never been any issues using this software for us, the customer service is top notch and always able to help when we don't understand a feature or have a question.

Sally
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

Used this across many years

Extensive experience. I've uses Turbotax Business for many years for a number of businesses. I use it for business planning as well as annual tax forms.

Pros

I like that Turbotax pulls data in from prior years' returns. I appreciate the visual interface that switches from forms to step-by-step and links to workbooks and data sources.

Cons

Over the years, Turbotax has limited direct access to relevant information. By 2019 the links and online community help has become a waste of time. There was once a time when the software led directly into the tax code and tax decisions. Long, long ago. I miss it, but soldier on because I know the software and it integrates year by year.

• Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 08/02/2019

User friendly software

Pros

Has contextual help making it easy for users to navigate through

Cons

Can provide better details on the tax breaks and the tiers based on income

Response from Intuit

Thank you for taking the time to review. It's delightful to hear the program was easy for you to use and navigate.

If you're looking for help with a taxes, look no further than our Community website. This online resource hub has a wealth of knowledge articles and other users you can engage with to gain additional insight into how to handle your taxes. The following link will guide you there.

Additionally, you can get into contact with a QuickBooks-certified bookkeeper or accountant on our ProAdvisor website if you'd like to work with someone more directly: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/find-an-accountant/

Thanks again for reviewing QuickBooks!

Clay, The QuickBooks Team

Replied 13/02/2019
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

Great option for sole proprietorship

It has been my choice for tax returns since I started my business. It has made a dreaded task easy not to dread.

Pros

The instructions for use were clear, step-by-step, and easy for me to use. It saved where I left off, so I could work on my taxes for a few minutes at a time and come back to them at a later time.

Cons

Sometimes it was difficult to backtrack through the process when a topic needed to be revisited or data needed to be changed.

Reviewed on 11/04/2018

Great if your taxes are simple

Pros

Turbotax is a great solution for young single people with few assets, 1099s, investments, or savings accounts.

Cons

Intuit lobbies the government to make your taxes more difficult to do without turbotax. Not suitable for complex taxes.

• Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 09/03/2018

Ease of use and makes my life easier during tax season

Pros

I really enjoy how easy TurboTax is for users who are not very tax savvy. They usually go through a series of questions to help you understand whether you fit within certain criteria (i.e. if you owe capital gains by asking whether you've sold a house this year, how much, etc). Also makes life easier with the option to submit taxes via online.

Cons

I think it would be nice if they could include a simulation for how much you would owe for taxes with hypothetical questions. As of now, it feels like you need certain documents (i.e. W-4 forms) without just guessing what the numbers could be.

Tracie
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 15/04/2021

Works well for uncomplicated taxes

I used it for many years and worked well. I recently decided to get an accountant with more complicated tax situation for business.

Pros

I liked that it was fairly easy to use, and believe it was fairly accurate for taxes. It seems to work really well with less complicated tax situations.

Cons

The more complicated my taxes became, the more difficult it was to use. The customer service was via finding an answer on the internet. And the were times it was released before tax updates were made, so it would have to update and things might change.

Misty
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 12/03/2021

Taxes Made Easy

This product takes a bit of time to set up the first year but the years following it are easier because it self populates a lot of items for you.

Pros

TurboTax walks in step by step through income and helps you to maximize your deductions. It helped me to find deduction I didn't know existed. The e-file feature is great.

Cons

There seem to be a lot of updates but I know most of that has to do with the IRS and tax laws that are ever changing.

• Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 26/07/2019

Quality Product, Saves Money Every Year

Overall if provides a huge cost savings every year over the same tasks performed by tax professionals.

Pros

TurboTax Business allows you to do many tax tasks that we used to have our CPA do at $150 an hour. You can try different scenarios and see which one helps you the most. Allows you to file tax returns electronicly and gives status emails on the submissions.

Cons

Occasionally there are somewhat confusing answers in the Help Section and you have to reach out just to be sure you are performing things correctly.