About Avaza

Avaza is a business management solution which includes features for project management, resource scheduling, online timesheets, expense management, online invoicing, recurring invoicing, quotes and invoices and more. Avaza also...

Browse Avaza Reviews

Juliana W.

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Great to have everything from task management to invoicing in one place

Avaza deserves a shout out for their customer service. You can reach them via chat, and you usually get a reply within a few minutes. They have the best service of any vendor I've ever worked with.

Pros

The task management system is robust and easy to learn, so onboarding new people is simple. And for us, a big benefit was going straight from project to invoice. No more importing or exporting information and doubling up on data entry tasks.

Cons

Scheduling recurring tasks is currently a little clumsy. You cannot set a task for "First Monday" of the month, for example. However, I'm told they have improved scheduling for recurring tasks in the works by their customer service.

Marylou O.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 02/04/2021

New to Avaza and likely to stay

I’m quite pleased with Avaza. I switched over from Monday.com and of course the price here is so affordable, which is great since price is why we did not stay at Monday.com past their free trial. I remember thinking Avaza really wasn’t all that different in layout, which is a good thing, but it’s some of the extra features here and there that I need to learn more about as I continue to get comfortable with the site.

Pros

Mostly being able to work with other people who aren’t with me physically. There’s a lot of details that can be involved and I’m still able to have others stay on the same page as me. Side note, so in love with the fact you guys have an app.

Cons

I’m not sure if this is an option but a task prioritization feature is always helpful to me. There’s always something that needs to get done, but deciding what to get done first and being able to identify it quickly is important to me.

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Marylou,

Thanks for taking the time and leaving us a detailed review.

Avaza supports prioritising tasks. You can configure priorities based on your needs with colour codes. Tasks can be grouped by priority as well.

Our customer support team is available 24/7 to assist you with setting up your Avaza account and answer any questions you may have.

Hanno S.

Reviewed on 25/08/2019

The most comprehensive free Project Management Tool I know

I wanted to plan the founding process of my new agency and AVAZA helped me a lot with it.

Pros

It's richness on features. Gantt-Charts, easy import and export of data, integrated time tracking.

Cons

It's not as fast and beautiful as other tools.

MeisterTask

Reasons for Choosing Avaza

I was looking for something more sophisticated.

Trello

It has more features.

Top Avaza Alternatives

Lukasz K.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 17/02/2021

Great project management tool

An intuitive project management tool that includes all of the important components of project management in a single interface. My experience so far has been very positive.

Pros

Avaza makes it easy to collaborate on projects and tasks with clients and teammates. Especially, I appreciate the fact that notifications and messages are sent directly to my email. I like how easy it is to use. Our clients learn it quickly and enjoy working with it, so we can complete projects faster. The free plan is great as you can test out the service before buying and the pricing is also very reasonable.

Cons

It is possible to issue invoices in one currency per client. I would like to send invoices to the same client in different currencies.

Plutio and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Avaza

Less expensive and/or more features

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Lukasz,

Thanks for your kind review. We really appreciate your taking the time.

We currently support invoicing in a single currency for a customer to streamline project billable rates, fixed amounts, budgets etc. This is something on our roadmap and we will make sure your vote is added to the relevant feature.

Please feel free to reach out to our 24/7 customer support team if you require any further assistance.

Nathan B.

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

Awesome Value Robust Features

Overall it is a GREAT value for the money, they are spot on with value/$. While I miss some of the enterprise level features that SmartSheets and their competitors offer, I find the variety and quick to implement features of AVAZA to be outstanding!

Pros

The price point on this software is PERFECT for small startups, the support is included without heavy add on cost and the support is VERY GOOD, quick and EASY to understand!.

Architecturally the layout is very nice, the user interface is easy to navigate and the color schema is pleasant. Working in the tool is mostly straightforward and easy to figure out without watching a ton of self help videos.

Cons

The reporting tool could use a minor update to the user interface so things are a little easier to use, The collaboration features could also use an update to have some sort of chat like function making collaboration easier.

Zapier connection is nice but seems to be picky, one of my zaps to create Avaza tasks works for everyone on the team except one person. Kind of weird but not critical.

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Nathan, we are excited to inform you that we have launched the Avaza chat module. The new module enables Direct, Group, Channel and Task chat from a single user interface. A truly unified inbox for all your discussions. The mobile app with push notifications keeps you up to date with all your discussions.

You can learn more by following this link https://www.avaza.com/chat

I hope you enjoy the new chat module and we look forward to receiving your feedback.

Replied 22/01/2021
Nawar A.

Reviewed on 08/10/2020

Avaza Review

We have tried different tools and tested a lot of other tools but didn't find anything like Avaza for managing the timesheets, scheduling and reporting

Pros

Avaza is a very powerful tool for managing timesheet and projects scheduling, it is very easy to add your timesheet on daily or weekly basis. Scheduling is also a very easy and flexible.

Cons

When scheduling someone for long time (Say a year) and want to schedule another project for the same person during this year, this will lead to over scheduling and can't be interrupted. best way to do this is on monthly basis.

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Nawar, thanks for your review.

As for long-running schedule assignments, you can simply edit the assignment, reduce its date range and add the new assignments.

Having said that we do plan to add support for splitting assignments to make this process a bit quicker. We will add your vote for that feature and notify you as soon as it becomes available.

Replied 12/10/2020
Andrew S.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

Feature rich project management and client billing solution

Pros

Many features for project management including custom tasks and timesheet categories to standardize information across users. The ability to section off portions of projects and bill for those sections specifically. Easy to use gantt charting. In application communication tools. In-depth custom reporting.

Cons

At first the organization of information is a little confusing and people see it as cumbersome, but after some time its pretty easy. The reports are nice but they have so many options it takes some time to figure out what options will give you what you need. Single project quick view dashboard (time or $$ left in budget, items past due summary) not available, but can get there with custom reports once you figure out how to do it.

Harvest

Reasons for Switching to Avaza

The structure of our projects can be modeled more appropriately in Avaza than could be done in Harvest. The gantt chart feature in Avaza was a big seller as well as the ability to attach files other than in the expenses section. Cost.
Grace M.

Reviewed on 12/03/2021

Great for all types of users

Love it!

Pros

I loved the clear usage of the tool, seems and is very easy to use.
All information is available at some clicks, also gives a overview for historic data which is great for management purposes.
When it comes to filling the data is easy to do timelines by weeks and also gives the chance to create templates for filling repetitive tasks and just copy from one week to another.

Cons

It will be awesome if the tool can provide a "guide" for First Time User Experience. Besides that is great!

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Grace, thanks for taking the time and leaving us such a detailed review.

We have plenty of useful Getting Started Guides and Videos on our support site. In addition to that our friendly 24/7 support team is at your service if you require any assistance. You can reach out to them via chat or email.

Quintus D.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Avaza is absolutely amazing

The software is really amazing in that I have used it for so much more than what I initially anticipated. I now use it for recurring invoices too and managing support contracts. It is so easy to use overall

Pros

The huge list of functionality and ease of use. Great set of standard reports. The software replaces a few other tools - project management, financial, timesheets, tracking expenses, reporting

Cons

I feel the project scheduling part of the software can be enhanced and the Gantt Chart view. That does not mean that it is not useful - it just does not work easily when the plan changes or for advanced scheduling

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Quintus,

We are glad to let you know that we have added significant new improvements to our Resource Scheduling module including scheduling by total hours, sorting by availability and a lot more.

Please check it out and feel free to reach out to our friendly support team with any further feedback on [email protected] or via direct chat from within the app or our website.

Replied 17/12/2020
Nupur W.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 08/04/2020

Easy collaboration and Time tracking

Its been very helpful. We are able to easily collaborate without clients and all information sits in a centralized space.

Pros

Timesheet feature (Billable vs Non-Billable tracking)
Extensive reporting
Task allocation

Cons

I am satisfied with what this product offers. My suggestion is that we should have the ability to assign tasks to multiple users.

Ravetree

Reasons for Choosing Avaza

Pricing and features that are available in Avaza.

Jira

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Excellent Tool for Project Management!

Our agency has multiple teams members that work from home, are in a "satellite office" or are traveling for meetings. Having Avaza we're able to all communicate in one place, keep track of projects (and therefore keep them moving quickly) and easily see progress and/or hold ups with a project.

Pros

Avaza is super intuitive, easy to use, organized and has a visually appealing interface. It really seems that the designers of the software made the User Experience their top priority, which helps make for a simple and efficient daily use.

Cons

While there are some issues with Avaza, they're all very minor. Simple things like limited viewing options for time sheets, the inability to assign tasks to multiple users, and the limited templates.

Karla S.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

Great for my needs

Im loving it, its helping me saving hours of work.

Pros

The software is easy to use and makes my life easier. I can have everything I want in just one place.

Cons

Not to many custom options for products and does not set the product number in sequence

Scoro

Price

Scoro

Cheaper
David G.

Reviewed on 20/07/2019

Very well featured, value for money project manager.

First class in every way.

Pros

I liked its overall feature set, it is value pricing and the fact that I can bring clients in on a project with no extra cost. I can drop a screenshot straight into the task fields which is a huge money and time saver for me an us. One other thing to know is that they have support chat in admin and often you get an instant response which is amazing customer service.

I am so pleased I made the decision to work with Avaza.

Cons

Really not much that I don't like. I wish I could set automatic reminders for overdue tasks but at least I can go in and run reports.

Astha G.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

Its pretty decent

It was nice I had a great experience using the software

Pros

I like the features and security if the product. Hope to use it more

Cons

The price I would say is a little high apart drom that everything looks good

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Astha, good to see you like the product.

Our pricing is one of the most competitive in the market for the features on offer but thanks for your feedback. I will pass this on to our pricing team.

Replied 03/09/2021
Shanta J.

Reviewed on 14/12/2019

Favorite project management software!

Overall, Avaza is the best project management software I've used and at a fair/reasonable price.

Pros

For the web design side of my business, this software is absolutely amazing! It's easy to use and literally I am able to manage projects from start to finish within the app, including invoicing my clients. I also like the fact that I am able to track my time.

The notifications are also on point.

Cons

Honestly, I only wish they had a contracts feature within the software so I can truly keep everything for my clients in one place. But it's not really a deal breaker - because it has everything else I need.

Tong X.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 22/09/2017

easy to use

good for office manager to get the over look of the project and control the timing with stuff are much easier.

Pros

very easy to use and have most of the function we need for design company. we just start using this one as free software for try out, but we believe will upgrade the account for more function.

Cons

customer support can be bit better. scheduled a meeting on line and no show from Avaza.
we have to rescheduled again... see how it is going this time.

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Tong,

Clarification regarding your demo that was scheduled on September 19, 2017. :)

The team member scheduled to take that call waited online for 15 minutes before logging off. If you signed on after that time, it would have seemed like no one was online.

The reason we cap the waiting time at 15 minutes is because it is halfway through the scheduled 30 minute call time.

An email is sent to each user that doesn't show up for the call, and was sent to you the following morning, asking you to reschedule.

I can assure you that our customer service takes client appointments very seriously. I apologize for any inconvenience caused to you.

Regards,
Nida

Replied 22/09/2017
Maisha M.

Reviewed on 03/05/2018

This system includes many of the features I need to run a small business construction company.

Invoicing, project management

Pros

The invoicing system. I used many, and this one has by far the best templates and tracking abilities. Very easy to use. Also like the ability to create Gantt charts for project timelines; which is very useful when submitting invoices.

Cons

Would like if you could save as you are drafting the invoice without having to go back into edit mode each time. Also the ability to add bullets in the description section .

Jorge A.

Reviewed on 18/01/2018

Awesome... best support team ever. It has all that I need to run my offshore IT consulting...

I receive a fully functional PM, resource planner, invoicing and clients communication tool in one simple yet powerful tool.

Pros

Great PM tool
Awesome staff and timesheets control
Invoicing, quotes, payments... All in one place
My clients have access to their projects and documentation all the time, no need to ask for anything
Response to features requests is super fast
Tons of great reports, and you can pre-configure them for your eficiency
Great price for what all I get out of it

Cons

Maybe a more robust accounting functionality, but hey, the financial to run the business is awesome.

Sufian A.
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 28/01/2019

The PMO for Research Centres

No problems so far, happy to continue using the platform for years to come.

Pros

It has exactly what we were looking for in terms of scheduling effort hours across the entire year. And, it's really easy to use.

Cons

Possibly the way the weekly scheduling is presented, it's more easier to get an overview of all the weekly tasks if it was presented listed under Project rather than Days.

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Sufian, I am assuming you are referring to the Resource Scheduling team view.

I am not sure if you are aware that scheduled assignments can also be viewed by Project.

Please feel free to reach out to our 24/7 support team via direct chat from within the app or on our website with further details.

We would love to learn more about your concerns and make sure they are communicated to the product team.

Replied 17/12/2020
Daniel M.

Reviewed on 16/11/2019

All in one platform

Avaza has all of the Base features our team needed at half the price. It’s very easy to use and although it’s not as customizable as some other options, it gets the job done for cheap.

Pros

Invoicing, budgeting and project management rolled into one software for less than the competition

Cons

Project boards aren’t as customizable as other options

Brionne G.

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Feature-Rich and Cost-Effective!

Pros

The software is incredibly intuitive thanks to relevant icons and content-based navigation, but the guided onboarding is a huge plus to help users discover features that are not immediately obvious.

I'm also very impressed by how many features are packed into this software, and for a fraction of the monthly cost of Harvest.

Cons

Overall I really like the software, but I wish it was possible to attach a file to quotes. As a designer, I typically send or present a deck to new clients and would like to be able to attach that to my quote in Avaza so everything is in one place.

Response from Avaza Software

Hi Brionne,

Thanks for your review. Please note, you can already attach files to your Estimates. Feel free to ask our support team ([email protected]) for assistance should you need help with this :)

Replied 03/01/2019
Dave S.

Reviewed on 06/07/2019

Well rounded + good price

Very quick to get up and running. We have been able to consolidate the use of three individual tools into one, which has saved us time and enabled us to be more efficient.

Pros

Unlike the vast majority of other tools we've tried, (at least 10 or more!), Avaza ticks all the boxes for us between project & resource management, and at a competitive price point. Literally all project management tools totally miss the trick of including resource management, which is such a critical part.

Cons

My advice would be to tidy-up the pricing model a bit. It's a little confusing having to add-on users for different license grades. One price per user/month or one block price for a subscription including a block of users for all grades would be simpler.

Reviewed on 11/05/2019

avaza great tool to manage timesheet

Pros

esasy interface,
the possibility to map stories and timesheet

Cons

miss something to improve the project documentation and the posibility to add task directly on the time sheet

Chad F.

Reviewed on 31/08/2017

Value for the money, relative simplicity, great design interface and exceptional service

We replaced a broken CRM that was way more than we needed ( we used about 15% of it) with this, Avaza. I see us using about 80% of it.

Pros

Clean, Inviting and uncluttered User Interface
Really Powerful Reporting ( Amazing number of filters)
Surprisingly Good Integration with QuickBooks Online via Zapier
Constant Improvement and taking requests on new functionality
Excellent Support via Chat
Excellent price for Small Businesses

Cons

Not the simplest to learn
Would benefit from more custom field areas to customize to our needs better
Would love some online video tutorials

Gigi L.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 10/11/2018

Super efficient project management

The flow charts are saving our lives, as well as the inclusive timesheets, ability to share with the full team, and ability to break down each role and timelines for each of these

Pros

The easy to use interface, which translates to mobile super easily. Really happy with a couple of features I cannot find elsewhere, which helps our companies efficiency and flow.

Cons

Mobile app version is a bit buggy, and it would be helpful if the timesheet settings [and settings in general] were a little easier to find.