Close Reviews

4.7

4.7

About Close

Close is the sales engagement CRM designed to help SMBs turn more leads into revenue. At Close, were dedicated to the business of the future: smart, agile teams who work remotely. If you're a tech-enabled team who needs to scale...

Browse Close Reviews

Anna
Anna
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 14/10/2015

Close.io for therapists, tutors and coaches

I have been looking at various CRM's for my private practice. I provide online therapy for speech, language and learning. Close.io impressed me with its rich features and customizations. I loved the fact that Close.io works perfectly for one person. So many of the other CRMs are for sales teams.

Pros

Everything functioned flawlessly on the first try. I was able to set it up to use my domain name email. I imported all my contacts from Gmail. I could add customizations that would make it easy to keep track of my clients.

The search function knocked my socks off! I couldn't remember the name of a certain funding agency. Just by entering the client's name, it gave me the funding agency.

Close.io was created for people trying to make an initial sale. I keep my clients three or four years and they often need a break from therapy for a few months. It was easy for me to give clients a status, such as "paused" or "completed goals".

I was able to collect leads from my Wordpress website using Planso Forms. These create a new lead in Close.io.

The options to add a phone line and bulk email surprised me. I haven't seen this in any other CRMs. I can create email templates and send out messages to groups of people using my domain name email. The messages are plain text, which is just right for smart phones.

I tried out the phone function on my computer. I have been using Magic Jack, and getting complaints from clients about MJ. The Close.io phone line is from Twilio and is much clearer. By installing the app on my phone, I can have a second phone number on my cell and I don't have to give clients my personal number.

Cons

I'm in Canada. I wish the price wasn't so high, especially with the exchange rate.

As an online therapy provider, I also have to pay for a telepractice platform and an online scheduler. If Close.io offered integration with Verishow and Accuity Scheduling, they would be able to offer a complete virtual office for online therapists, tutors, and coaches.

Charles J
Charles J

Reviewed on 08/08/2023

Great CRM solution allows you to track all your efforts in one place.

Close bridges the connection gap between organizations and consumers. Using the call cadence function, we can develop a multi-touch marketing campaign that automates human-triggered emails, calls, and activities. Close has given new life to leads that were supposed to be dead, leads that you would not have pursued regularly in the past. I can set up automated follow-up emails and messages to practically stay in front of the consumer. As a result, it offers me a competitive advantage in closing business that I would not have completed otherwise owing to a lack of persistent follow-up and follow-through.

Pros

Easy setup, analytical and simple-to-understand dashboards, predictive dialer rocks, voicemail drops, call cadences, and email marketing tools are all available. I enjoy the Smart Views in Close function and the inbox tool, and I like the fluidity of the email follow-up. I feel so much better knowing that everything is in one place and that I can simply exchange information with my team; my customer service experience has also been excellent.

Cons

I don't like how Close retrieves my planned send emails before they send; if I modify the email I'm scheduling, Close logs all versions. I also believe filters take time to get used to, and I'm not always sure I'm filtering correctly. I wish there was a one-stop video that answered all of your questions or walked you through the intricacies of Close.

Reviewed on 18/11/2018

Most your organization will ask, "why aren't we using Salesforce?"

Skip it.

Pros

Great if you have the patience and developments resources to help you customize everything. API is good, but for most non-enterprise organizations, who has time to be messing with APIs? Built in VoIP is a nice feature, but do your math and make sure the price is worth it.

Cons

- Searching for data is near impossible. Can't filter for anything logically without getting into "raw queries," so you better be half an engineer if you want to search for anything.
- Reporting is a joke. The reporting tools might as well not exist. Be prepared to ask developers to leverage the API and sync into some other tool.
- No matter what they may sell you, it's a CRM best used with small sales teams. It's not for account management or companies that expect anyone without an engineering degree to figure out how to analyze the data inside of it.

Top Close Alternatives

Akshay
Akshay

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

Great Beginner CRM Tool

Great tool overall to get started for a founder with little sales experience

Pros

- Very easy to get started / intuitive interface
- Enables you to send emails straight from tool and manage inbox
- Ability to set reminders and follow ups
- pipeline UI, similar to salesforce or hubspot

Cons

- analytics on emails (open rates, campaigns) hard to understand. Ended up using persistIQ for this
- hard to tell when prospect opened email

Reasons for Choosing Close

Email inbox management in Close

HubSpot Sales Hub
Nick
Nick
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 09/03/2015

A modern sales platform optimized for outreach

While Close.io is a CRM by definition, I consider it more of a sales platform. I consider it as a platform because of it's flexible and rich API that allows you to customize any component. Close.io is a fantastic tool that teams should use for interacting with their customers.

With built-in call and email integration, Close.io is designed for salesperson outreach. It eliminates unnecessary data entry, and is the perfect companion for any sales team using the "Predictable Revenue" (A book by Aaron Ross) approach to sales. All activity (calls, emails, lead status changes) is automatically tracked, leaving the sales rep to just write contextual notes for each activity.

The automatic tracking of activity leads sales managers to easily determine how much activity yields certain sales results. Those answers are the holy grail when it comes to building a scalable sales process.

Pros

- Built-in call and email integration.
- Flexible and powerful API w/ great documentation.
- Dynamic lead lists (called "Smart Views") powered through search.
- Native Mac and WIndows apps.
- Responsive support team.
- Custom fields

Cons

- Costly for budget conscious teams. (But not less expensive than Salesforce and like platforms)
- No native mobile apps yet. (Not recommended for outside sales teams)

• Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 10/03/2015

Best CRM I've had the pleasure of using

Close.io has been a huge help to our small B2B sales department. Before close.io we were using multiple programs to email, call, track, notate, and manage customers. It was a mess!!! Now we can do everything within the app itself. No more transferring information from one source to the other.

Pros

The features that helped us the most:

-real-time integration with gmail. We send and receive all our email through the app. Besides being more convenient it also keeps all correspondence logged in an easy to reference way.
-recorded calls - all calls and voice-mails are automatically listed right along with notes and emails. This is incredibly useful with longer sales cycles. We are able to go back and actually hear what the customer said on the call two months ago. So much better than just notes, especially if there is every a disagreement.
- Support is amazing. Always very responsive and timely and walked us through our limited implementation issues, (see below). Additionally, they are always improving the app, so about the time I suggest an option I'd like to see it is already slated to be rolled out.

Cons

Not really any cons to speak of, but we had a couple issues at first:

- call quality was poor. This was due to trying to use a wireless connection and after switching everyone over to wired, it went away. So while not an app problem, something to consider if you or your team work remotely.

-Some merging issues when pulling lead data from our web form. Again, this was not an app problem so much as a developer problem on our end, but it was a headache for a couple days none the less.

JASON
JASON
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 12/02/2016

The future looks bright with Close.IO

I have used Close.IO at my past company and this is the only CRM that I can endorse. When I told my team that I was going to update the current CRM tool I was met with a lot of questions and concerns. After showing the video on the Close.IO site and taking questions for about 20 mins my team was buying into the idea of changing over. I was also able to prove to them that there would be a minimum of an hour that each of them would save a day, so that peaked their interest. Then as we ramped up for the change the nervousness kicked in again, so I made sure to stage the rollout in an effort to handle all questions in a controlled manner and prepare for more users. The employees were blown away by the ease of use! And I was impressed at just how smooth it all went. Being a tech guy my learning curve is quick, but from employees in their 20's-50's we had a hugely successful transition into Close.IO.

While my team is still early in the game, about 3 weeks into Close, we are seeing AMAZING results. One of my sales guys is up 50% in his personal sales! Others are up 10-20%. My entire team has said that they cannot wait to see what the future holds as we are continuing to find more ways to improve our process. Close.IO has convinced my team that it is the choice CRM tool.

Pros

Automation and their inbox is a huge pro.
Their search feature is arguably the best anyone could ask for. We are still discovering search tricks. GREAT ROI!
A great help page on the Close.IO site for finding suggestions and troubleshooting.

Cons

We did have a tough time with our firewall when first setting up Close.IO, so make sure to include your Network Admin in the conversation of switching to Close.IO early on in the process.
Sometimes getting someone on the phone can be a challenge, but email and scheduling a call have never been a problem.

Jordan
Jordan

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Great Sales Tracking Management

Close.io is great for tracking leads and customer bases and the communication timeline as well.

Pros

My favorite thing about Close.io is the ability to add custom fields that help with reporting and overall ease of use. Also being able to call directly from the software and have the calls recorded and task creations are very simple.

Cons

The user interface could use some improvement. The flow of things can sometimes get a little chaotic so creates extra time to learn the system.

Justin
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 30/08/2023

Great CRM

Effective communication lies at the heart of successful sales endeavors. Close CRM offers a seamless platform for communication through various channels, including email, calls, and SMS.

Pros

Close CRM's user interface is a testament to user-centric design. Navigating through the platform is effortless, enabling sales teams to focus on what truly matters

Cons

I do just wish that there was more of a build in terms of on going policy management through the CRM

Response from Close

Thanks for reviewing Close, Justin!

Replied 22/01/2024
Nils

Reviewed on 22/12/2023

Great sales CRM

Pros

Close is great if you're looking for a sales-focused CRM.

Cons

Not much, there are a few features which seem to be missing but nothing major.

Response from Close

Thanks for reviewing Close, Nils!

Replied 22/01/2024
Varun

Reviewed on 21/09/2018

The best CRM for the sales team to do the cold calling at an ease.

Pros

We use pipedrive for email marketing and Close.io for cold calling. Our system works like this. Our marketing team use pipedrive to send out email to possible leads and follow up with them and when it results in a successful response from the prospect the sales team collects the phone numbers. Then these prospects with phone numbers have been downloaded to csv and transferred to Close.io CRM for sales team. Then they do all the cold calling with in Close.io CRM. Our department also have access to this CRM to make support calls later on. We can say our sales team's productivity has increased a lot after implementing this CRM. They do not need to manually do the sorting and recording of calls made and everything can be done in settings just one time.

Cons

When importing the prospects from a CSV if there are duplicates in the file, it doesn't detect that and gets added just like an other contact. There are no option to segment the contact in to different categories.

Shadab

Reviewed on 09/09/2022

Best CRM tool for Startups

My overall experience was good with close, I like the simple minimalistic interface of close and how easy to use for our day-to-day marketing and sales tasks.
If money is not the issue then it's a good CRM tool for everybody.

Pros

I have used close for more than 12 months and I can say that this is the best CRM for startups, I have used it mainly for sending email campaigns and lead management. it has a very simple interface and is easy to use.
Previously we were using a different CRM where you are able to send mail only but not able to see those email responses, you will have to check your email for that but in Close CRM we can send mail and also see if we have any responses.
Managing leads are also easy, either we can bulk import it as a CSV file or we can manually add it so it was very easy to manage the leads and contacts in close CRM.

Cons

Close is very expensive so it was very hard to pay for small startups. Lead management and email campaign were good but apart from that we have not used anything else so for us it was very expensive.

Dean

Reviewed on 03/11/2016

Great CRM for Early Stage Companies

For an early stage company I think Close.io has everything you'll possibly need. The higher tier plans also let you forgo a phone system in your office to make it even more cost effective.

Overall the system is very easy to use and the visual layout of the platform is very nice. And really most of the basic things you'd need out of a CRM are all there.

My only qualm with this system is that there are minor annoyances like not being able to unmerge leads in the event you accidentally might have done so. And overall contact management could be slightly improved but it's not enough to ruin the experience in my opinion.

Pros

I really like the ease of use and graphical interface. I also love that I'm able to dial straight from the platform and the templating system is fairly easy to use as well.

Cons

Contact and lead management could be slightly improved. Unmerging leads is not possible from what I can understand so be careful not to merge the wrong leads. Also if your working specific verticals, it's nice to be able to port a contact from one lead to another should they have switched companies but that's not a possibility either.

Response from Close

Thanks, Dean, we're happy that our inside sales CRM is serving you well! We've passed your feedback on to the product team.

Replied 10/11/2016
Jayne
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 11/07/2023

It does the job - but not the best on the market by far

If you do not heavily rely on a CRM system and just need a place to lightly store things to check on between departments without having to spend a lot of time training your users, then Close is a good call. However, if you need an in-depth CRM system that helps to manage a pipeline down to the details and has a very organized or detailed structure for viewing accounts, I think there are better options on the market.

Pros

Very clean UX/UI and easy to use and navigate, everything is sort of "on one page" so you don't really need to scour around or click on weirdly/technical verbiage-marked buttons.

Cons

It's actually almost too simple to the point that it can begin to feel cluttered. You can too easily create multiple entries because of how the integrations are set up, so it's not always clear what the "right" profile is. Similarly, there's very little tracking of progression, it's quite rudimentary in that sense.

Tayler

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Close helps you close.

The sales team uses close everyday. It has helped us stay organized, keep customer data up to date and stay on top of opportunities.

Pros

-Easy for the team to use.
-Calling system is great
-Fast customer Service.
-Call recording is fantastic.
-Easy onboarding

Cons

-Reporting is lacking for what we need. We would like to see more detailed reporting.
-Company Hierarchy. No way to easily setup parent and child companies
- Limited field for opportunities
-Smartviews are difficult to use.
- Few direct Integrations.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 02/11/2016

Great for Team Alignment

We're not the "target market" for most of the sales management solutions out there. We just needed something that could let us keep track of key accounts easily, give us a snapshot, and keep everyone on the same page..... and specifically me as a CEO to be able to bullshit check what the sales people are saying is the status of accounts (because now I can read all the emails and notes related to the account). Priceless.

We liked it so much, that we started another "organization" to keep track of our Series A fundraising... so we know where every investor is in the process, who has gotten what info, etc.

Pros

Flexible - easily tweaked
Not overkill

Cons

No mobile interface - nobody in our company sits at a desk and "does sales"... we are all on the road on jumping meeting to meeting, so it would have been awesome to have an app version or a more user friendly mobile version.

• Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 16/11/2022

Top notch software for email marketing and CRM

Pros

Email marketing via sequences, built-in caller, and CRM

Cons

On the Expensive side. It'd be great if they can provide discounts for startups

• Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

Great simple CRM that we actually use

Pros

Close integrates all of our customer communication into one place to make it really easy to use. Because it integrates with calling and email, most communication gets automatically logged so there isn't that annoying extra step. And because we're already in it while interacting with customers, adding notes is natural. The result is a CRM system that is up to date and gets used.

Cons

I'd like prettier reporting. The reporting screen basically counts and filters to give a table of results. I would love to have this visualize pipelines and allow us to drill down on results in a more visual way.

Robert

Reviewed on 07/11/2017

Close.io treated me well

Pros

Super simple for making phone calls and sending emails. Easy workflows for inside sales reps, you can make a lot of calls quickly.

Cons

The reporting is pretty barebones, but I know that's something they've been bulking up over time.

Kevin

Reviewed on 22/09/2020

Fantastic software!

Pros

This is a great email software. It keeps teams informed, inspired and on track for sales!

Cons

At this time I do not have any complaints about the software - all good!

• Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 09/05/2018

Close.io is a common sense simplistic software platform that streamlines my entire day.

Close.io is simple software package that incorporated "common sense" into their sales process to help drive efficiencies in a sales persons daily outbound and inbound activity. Close.io allows me to make phone calls quicker, take notes, send emails & text messages in one simple to use UI.

Pros

I love that I can make phone calls out of Close.io using my contact information for any given prospect. It integrates with my email system and captures all my outbound and inbound email traffic and keeps a record of it. The UI is also simple and the sales workflow is better streamlined then saleforce.com in my opinion. I wasn't a fan in the beginning, but after about 2 weeks I loved it's functionality and ease of use.

Cons

It took me a while to get adjusted to their process methodology and in the beginning found it cumbersome and clunky.

Linus
Linus
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 20/05/2015

Awesome product with a great search centric approach

At Duma Works, a Kenya based recruitment startup, we use close.io to keep track of all of our customer relations, existing and potential. Apart from that we're also using it as a multi-tool for everything from fundraising to recruitment. The search centric approach makes it easy to create any type of customised list of leads and treat them differently based on their unique characteristics. The ability to add custom fields to all leads in combination with the bulk email feature makes it possible to easily send hundreds of personalised emails in seconds.

I would recommend close.io to anyone who wants to maintain and grow a database of contacts, be it customers, candidates or investors.

Pros

- Easy to create customised lead views and send personalised bulk emails
- Stripped down feature set, only contains what's necessary
- Extremely easy to get started, no advanced setup necessary
- Great support and response time from the team at close.io

Cons

- I lack the ability to track meetings, it's the only part of the sales funnel that I can't follow up on
- I lack the ability to mark notifications as unread

Gabe
Gabe
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 26/09/2018

I use close.io and love the updates that they keep making

Keeps sales focused on relevant tasks rather than wasting time on housekeeping tasks

Pros

It makes the sales team at my company so much more efficient and keeps them focused on relevant tasks rather than wasting time on housekeeping tasks

Cons

Some small learning curve for some of the more advanced features.

Tom

Reviewed on 24/03/2014

You would be insane not to give it a free trial

Have used everything – Salesforce, InfusionSoft, Pipedrive, Sugar, etc. At some level, they were all awesome, and at another level, all of them sucked at something important. After signing up for a free 14 day trial, I happily pulled out my credit card and signed on for $660/month for our (4) users after using it for just a few days. And we had just signed on for a competitive solution only 4 months earlier.

Now, after using Close.io for a couple of weeks, the positive impact on our business has been profound. Since all calls and emails go through the system, the reporting is real-time and automatic for salespeople. Our sales staff loves it, I love it, and as long as it keeps working the way it is, we expect to be customers for a long time.

P.S. Responses from support are typically within the hour. So far, I'm very impressed.

Pros

Automated tracking, in-app calling, in-app email, bulk email, filtering, reporting, real-time dashboard.

Cons

Higher cost per seat than some others (but obviously well worth it for me, and most others).

Reviewed on 23/03/2015

A tool for fueling sales

I am using Close.io to help keep track of all of my cold calls. I can easily open up multiple contacts and make calls to each of them a lot faster than looking at one contact at a time, clicking the mouse more times and being less efficient with my time. This is a great tool for any sales person wanting to keep better track of who to call when, reducing paperwork and headaches. I highly recommend this product.

Pros

User-friendly, great support staff that reaches out to the user, making sure they have everything they need to be more successful. The CEO truly cares for his clients, even taking a little time to give free consultation to help educate in sales.

Cons

Only thing is when you select back to get back to the main list of contacts, it takes you to the top every time and not where you left off in the list. Probably user driven and not the software.