About Close

Close is the sales engagement CRM designed to help SMBs turn more leads into revenue. At Close, were dedicated to the business of the future: smart, agile teams who work remotely. If you're a tech-enabled team who needs to scale...

Browse Close Reviews

Kabir Ahmed

Reviewed on 28/07/2022

Allrounder CRM tool

It was a very good tool, I used Salesforce earlier and Close was much comprehensive in features.

Pros

Close integrates with other tools such as Zoom and Calendly and picks up leads from there when a meeting is booked. I can trace all the way for the interactions with the contacts. It has email templates which are very handy for quick replying.

Cons

VOIP was a pain, call quality used to drop and lot of times it did not connect.

Todd

Reviewed on 23/05/2022

A great solution once you get it organized

Pros

I love the Smart Views which allow custom filtering and sorting of leads. This helps me quickly review different types of leads based on lead score, when I talked to them last, and when I need to follow up with them again.

Cons

I wish basic text formatting was built into the note taking (especially bullet points). I understand with not going crazy with a WYSIWYG, but some simple formatting options would help for quicker note taking.

Lamar

Reviewed on 22/06/2022

Paltry Notifications in Messages

Great experience generally, just hate when I'm really into a task and then I forget about checking close all to open it up to 3 message and 6 emails.

Pros

Lays everything out in a way that is simple, functional, and very user friendly. Most things make sense at first glance without much of a learning curve.

Cons

Notification system is genuinely trash. If I have the software on my laptop, there should be some way their API talks with MacOS notifications API, I think someone just has to build the connection.

Top Close Alternatives

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Salesforce Essentials

Reviewed on 18/11/2018

Most your organization will ask, "why aren't we using Salesforce?"

Skip it.

Pros

Great if you have the patience and developments resources to help you customize everything. API is good, but for most non-enterprise organizations, who has time to be messing with APIs? Built in VoIP is a nice feature, but do your math and make sure the price is worth it.

Cons

- Searching for data is near impossible. Can't filter for anything logically without getting into "raw queries," so you better be half an engineer if you want to search for anything.
- Reporting is a joke. The reporting tools might as well not exist. Be prepared to ask developers to leverage the API and sync into some other tool.
- No matter what they may sell you, it's a CRM best used with small sales teams. It's not for account management or companies that expect anyone without an engineering degree to figure out how to analyze the data inside of it.

Kyle

Reviewed on 14/04/2022

Phone Heavy Sales Team's Dream

It is everything we need except dashboards. If your are an outbound or phone heavy sales ord

Pros

no fluff. there are not 3 different places to log contacts/opps/accounts/leads it is all on one page. It is simple yet surprisingly powerful. Every one of my reps added can't get over how easy and fluid it makes their life.

Cons

Dashboards are non existent. You will need to be comfortable with exporting/using zapier/or a few support partners to push your data into a visual appealing place

Salesforce Essentials

Reasons for Choosing Close

With a high velocity sales team hubspot was slowing us down and complicating the process for the team.

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Close

Experience with the system, knew the ease of use was what our team needed. We may pair up with salesforce/hubspot in the future as we mature as a sales org but for now we are solid with our process.
Tony
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 28/04/2022

Close.com Can Make Your Business Run Efficiently and Problem Free

We had another CRM system that was a lot more expensive and not very easy to use. Close.com is just a pure pleasure to work with and the entire team here is thrilled with it.

Pros

Platform is very easy to use and all employees just loved it the minute they tried it out. We all wonder why we didn't get this sooner. Close.com is also fun to use and everything is at your fingertips. Program works fast and makes the customer ticket system very efficient.

Cons

No cons at all. I mean it. This program Rocks:)

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Close

Less expensive and easier to use.

Salesforce B2B Commerce

Reasons for Switching to Close

Less expensive and easier to use and the team here learned quickly how to use it.
Rod

Reviewed on 21/12/2021

Close is the best way to track leads through the sales process

I like Close and will continue to use it because it works for me. I can enter a new lead and immediately start a communication track via email and text and Close keeps it all in an easy to follow format.

Pros

Close is really easy to get up and running and is simple to work with.

Cons

The cost to go from the base plan to the next level that has several more features is a lot.

Tahmeem
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 04/08/2022

Best CRM tool for businesses

Overall experience is very satisfying, this is helping me in making my every day job easier.

Pros

Close is a super handy CRM tool that offers a lot of unique and functional features to make customer relationship management easier. For email management in particular, this offers easy template to put; as well as the scheduling of emails. Reporting and analytics are also too notch with lot of customizable fields.

Cons

It’s VOIP function needs improvement, call quality drops often.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 11/07/2022

Good CRM but could improve reports and analytics.

Pretty good and solid to help increase sales with some insteresting features and good interface and friendly, could be better in reports!

Pros

Its pretty good to follow up, increase sales (productivity), email or chat are pretty solid tools to development a good business relationship.

Cons

Must improve reports/analytics tool, It is only focused on sales and not all KPI's are well reported or break and working hours record.

Rezwana

Reviewed on 28/07/2022

Close makes my job of managing leads easier

Close has been a great help for my work management and reaching out to the clients and Vendors.

Pros

From email tracking to VOIP and customer touchpoints, Close is a comprehensive tool to manage large number of contacts. I can get hold of data for easier management and analytics purposes. Close offers a lot of customization too.

Cons

I have faced some issues in integrating Close with other lead generation tools. Other than that it’s a great tool.

Reviewed on 31/03/2016

Highly Recommend It

I can tell you that I have used over 20 different CRM systems over the past 10 years. We do a tone of cold calling and we need to just blaze through calls fast and I never could find CRM that allowed us to do this. I was so frustrated that I needed up even creating our own CRM just to do this very thing. I can’t tell you how much money I spent in development of our CRM to make a product that blazes through calls fast. We used that for about a year or two then I stumbled on because our in-house custom CRM was having problems and we didn't have the resources to fix it so I figured I would try again. I cannot tell you how incredibly excited I am about how amazing Stop logging calls and emails and start making them instead. truly is. This CRM is unlike any product on the market it is exactly what we wanted our in-house product to be and more. It’s so awesome we scrapped our in house product and started exclusively using Stop logging calls and emails and start making them instead.. You do not truly have an appreciation for “next gen” this thing really is, there is literally nothing like it on the market and honestly I’m a bit shocked no one seems to get the amazing this thing is. This is a pure sales communication tool that cuts out all the BS of a CRM and is a real actual tool that a sales person can use to increase their sales and not just some data collection thing that salespeople are forced to you. If you actually give a go and start using it you’ll never want to use anything else if you do cold calling. The thing seamlessly interfaces all your calls AND even all your emails! You no longer need to be jumping in and out of outlook, you don’t need to check your outlook or Gmail calendar, and you don’t need to do anything except pull up the Stop logging calls and emails and start making them instead. and do the stuff in your inbox and make money. It pulls in not only your tasks, and follow up meetings but it also syncs your emails and voicemail sand phone calls. It takes every single bit of communication you do and puts it in one quick “to do list” automatically with ZERO data entry. It’s blazing fast and it just works. The voicemail drop thing is really dope, I can’t tell you how many times a day I find myself having to leave voice mails for people, they have this thing that you hit a button and it automatically leaves a voicemail so you can go to the next call, just amazing in terms of productivity.

Pros

There are too many to list – If you do cold calls this is a no brainier, you need to buy it today! It support The best apps. Better together. as well which means it hooks into hundreds of other marketing tools also. Their support is second to none, these guys seems to be hustling hard with support, product development and just providing a kick ass experience for their customers. I recommend this product.

Cons

This thing is EXPENSIVE.. but the truth is you get what you pay for and you geta lot. Your paying for the best and it has a price tag which clearly says it’s the best because it’s more than double the cost of other competitive products. The downside is though I have 3 team members and I’m paying close $300 to $400 a month for 3 people that’s crazy considering there are other products that do VoIp with Twillio for less than $10 a user. So I went from paying $50 a month for CRM and $80 for Twillio VoIP($180) to $300 a month. So my prices doubled, which sucked however after using this product it is worth the extra price but if they raise the prices anymore that is just pushing because it really his priced rather high for the market it’s in. Even the enterprise “SForce” CRMs are not as expensive as that (course those CRMssuck compared to this when it comes to cold calling). The problem is I can’t easily scale with it. So I’ll be stuck with a 3 users fora while where if they had it at a lower price point I would buy a license fore very one of my staff but since it’s so expensive I can’t justify it for anyone but my sales people. I think they are missing out on revenue by not having license does not have the VoIP stuff for like $5 a user so my support team could use it without VoIP and be on par with other CRM price

points. It’s clear though this is a nitch product for telephone sales teams.

SO that being said if you do not do a lot of phone sales then this product is probably overkill for you and there are many others that are more of “client manager”type of product where this bad boy is a pure sales beast and nothing else.. It will help increase your sales without a doubt! In terms of client management and being asingle point for all customer data it does the job but it does not really do that any better than other products out on the market for half its cost. It’s really the phone cold calling stuff is what makes it so awesome so if any other CRM companies ever figure this out and try to clone/copy it they will have some real competition but so far there is nothing like it and I would buy all over again! Also I really never write reviews either so the fact I’m even doing this speaks to much this thing rocks!

Joshua

Reviewed on 17/03/2015

It's like magic

We have a startup focused in ticket sales for events in Mexico. We were looking for in-depth data of our salesmen and to make easier for them to keep track of their clients by client type. We used a CRM (highrise), but the data it gave us was no longer enough to know more about whether the size and type of clients - and opportunities - our sales team were generating was the right kind given our current strategy.

We initially requested a trial by importing a subset of random data of our former CRM but we felt this was not useful, because not all of those imported leads were relevant to us at the moment. When support from close.io gave us the option to extend our trial period, we deleted all of the previous leads and instead started adding new leads into the platform. That's when we notice the main strong point of close.io: by adding our first lead's email, within seconds we had a full history of each email we exchanged in the past. The desktop app works like a charm. Also, when you have a small sales team like ours, it's great to add a lead and check if one of your teammates already make a contact. Finally, it's amazing how easy is to categorize leads, we even use it to keep track of investors, allies and competitors.

The call feature is also a huge breath of fresh air into a follow-up process. The fact you can make calls straight from the app, that those calls get recorded and also get tracked into a lead's history ensures automatic track of almost every kind of interaction with a lead. In our case, although we tried it and it worked great, we won't make use of it because our small office space forces us to do calls by getting outside the office, and given our internet connection is not that solid we will keep making calls the way we are right now and evaluate a full switch later.

In a few words: if you have a small sales team and you want to make them doing more closing and less data insertion into follow-up tools, consider switching to close.io

Pros

The email auto-tracking is by far the the tool of close.io. The fact you can create a lead and it automatically brings all of the history of emails you exchanged with them gives a lot more insight and visibility into salesman follow-up performance. Also, the call feature; if you have a strong internet connection, and especially if you're a startup and your salespeople is constantly on the run. Support also responds very quickly to feedback, which made a lot easier the switch from our former CRM.

Cons

For our business, it´s very important to do bulk imports. However, the tool does not let you to opt out of duplicating leads, which makes us take longer to "curate" each file we want to import.

Anna
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 14/10/2015

Close.io for therapists, tutors and coaches

I have been looking at various CRM's for my private practice. I provide online therapy for speech, language and learning. Close.io impressed me with its rich features and customizations. I loved the fact that Close.io works perfectly for one person. So many of the other CRMs are for sales teams.

Pros

Everything functioned flawlessly on the first try. I was able to set it up to use my domain name email. I imported all my contacts from Gmail. I could add customizations that would make it easy to keep track of my clients.

The search function knocked my socks off! I couldn't remember the name of a certain funding agency. Just by entering the client's name, it gave me the funding agency.

Close.io was created for people trying to make an initial sale. I keep my clients three or four years and they often need a break from therapy for a few months. It was easy for me to give clients a status, such as "paused" or "completed goals".

I was able to collect leads from my Wordpress website using Planso Forms. These create a new lead in Close.io.

The options to add a phone line and bulk email surprised me. I haven't seen this in any other CRMs. I can create email templates and send out messages to groups of people using my domain name email. The messages are plain text, which is just right for smart phones.

I tried out the phone function on my computer. I have been using Magic Jack, and getting complaints from clients about MJ. The Close.io phone line is from Twilio and is much clearer. By installing the app on my phone, I can have a second phone number on my cell and I don't have to give clients my personal number.

Cons

I'm in Canada. I wish the price wasn't so high, especially with the exchange rate.

As an online therapy provider, I also have to pay for a telepractice platform and an online scheduler. If Close.io offered integration with Verishow and Accuity Scheduling, they would be able to offer a complete virtual office for online therapists, tutors, and coaches.

Varun

Reviewed on 21/09/2018

The best CRM for the sales team to do the cold calling at an ease.

Pros

We use pipedrive for email marketing and Close.io for cold calling. Our system works like this. Our marketing team use pipedrive to send out email to possible leads and follow up with them and when it results in a successful response from the prospect the sales team collects the phone numbers. Then these prospects with phone numbers have been downloaded to csv and transferred to Close.io CRM for sales team. Then they do all the cold calling with in Close.io CRM. Our department also have access to this CRM to make support calls later on. We can say our sales team's productivity has increased a lot after implementing this CRM. They do not need to manually do the sorting and recording of calls made and everything can be done in settings just one time.

Cons

When importing the prospects from a CSV if there are duplicates in the file, it doesn't detect that and gets added just like an other contact. There are no option to segment the contact in to different categories.

Reviewed on 24/04/2016

Best CRM for managing relationships

Love how simple Close.IO is. There's one list of contacts , and then an infinite ways of segmenting the data after that in powerful ways. It's a very powerful concept, and they do it in a way that makes it super easy to manage lists of leads/clients/whatever, and to help make sure you're on top of it. They do this, however, in my opinion, by sacrificing features available in other top CRMs, some that seem like they should just be there. For us it has been worthwhile nonetheless.

Pros

By far the easiest and most intuitive way to manage relationships that I've come across. If it's a big struggle for you to have a bunch of lists of leads, and with your limited time you struggle to stay on top of each and every one of them, then Close.IO is awesome. It has helped us make sure none fall through the cracks, and does that in a way where I don't have to think about it. It just lets me know. Integration through Zapier also brings it to another level of automating workflows.

Cons

It's missing some features that other CRMs have, especially for the price. Although the 'smart views' (how you segment the contacts into different lists) is really really awesome and VERY powerful, there are some limitations that sound like should be there but are just missing (e.g. having different default columns per 'smart view', which sounds like a given to me since someone cares about different data depending on if the contact is a cold lead, qualified lead, or client). Instead now I have a bunch of columns that some people within my company don't care about but are just confusing to them.

Also, you have to get the pro/business to get several features that I initially expected would be part of the main one, e.g. there's not a single report that can draw a graph to visually get at-a-glance info of any kind in the basic version. They also don't post their roadmap openly, so I have no idea what features will be coming.

So in this respect it feels slightly like an incomplete product, but as mentioned, worth it for how incredibly well they execute the main function we need it for (effectively managing relationships/lists of contacts for both sales and client relationships).

Reviewed on 09/12/2019

Close - Great CRM for small to medium sized busniesses

Overall Close (close.io) was a great system for our high volume, low price software product. We recently switched from Close to Salesforce and It has been a very bumpy road that more than one department in our company has struggled with.

Looking back on our decision, I tend to look fondly on Close's simple and straightforward CRM capabilities.

Pros

Kept all communication and information for a given account/lead visible on one page. Made it very easy to navigate and get an idea of everything surrounding a given lead quickly.

- Perfect for high volume telesales
- Reporting and lead management was great
- Filtering lists made it easy
-Phone and text worked great

Cons

The way things were set up, it made it difficult to manage Parent Child orgs for our Enterprise department. Less ability for customization and integrations.

- We had a few problems with customer support/account manager getting back to us a few times.
(Our account maxed out on calls and we needed to add more several times, but this took a while to flesh out and it completely shut our sales department down a couple times. This happened a few times and we wanted to set things up so it would have added time to our account before we ran out. This should have been addressed so it did not happen and never was.)

Jim
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

Best out there

Pros

Love it for all businesses I have worked in. I literally have my own Personal Close I use that I bring when I take a contract, so I don't have to use something else. It is part of my working life now - Easy deployment (Even when Microsoft tries to ruin everything for you), Simple and easy, can opt into great features if you need it, export your leads, whatever it is - It is software that has clearly been made by someone who was in Business Development. The amount of time I save not having to manually document how much work I have done...Makes me more successful.

Cons

Nothing - it is great - A small deployment issue once, but that was 100% Microsofts fault. The reps were great at fixing it.

Reviewed on 14/02/2019

Not a CRM

In the end it's very expensive for a bulk lead calling tool.

Pros

This is a great tool if you are just bulk burning through new biz leads and have a fast sales cycle. the calling through Close.io is great, call recording great, ability to create custom lists for lead calling also great

Cons

This is not a CRM period! I would only recommend this if you were integrating it with a dedicated CRM system. The notes are chaotic and very difficult to look back through history and find important past conversations. There is no ability to do ANY form of contract management once a customer is closed and there is also no ability to attach anything to the opportunity info. So if you have a relevant presentation or any documentation relevant to a potential sale you best save it in a google drive and make a custom field to stick the link in.

Eric

Reviewed on 12/02/2021

Close - Marketing Agency

Overall I would highly recommend the software to other businesses users I think it is far better than its competitors.

Pros

It is a great CRM for marketing and sales agencies. I would recommend the software if you do a lot of outbound sales and need to assign tasks to team members.

Cons

It is a little bit of a steep learning curve however once you get the gist of it everything becomes very easy.

Pipedrive

Reasons for Choosing Close

I needed the use of an integrated phone line for the CRM.

Mailshake

Reasons for Switching to Close

I preferred the customer experience with Close.
Dean

Reviewed on 03/11/2016

Great CRM for Early Stage Companies

For an early stage company I think Close.io has everything you'll possibly need. The higher tier plans also let you forgo a phone system in your office to make it even more cost effective.

Overall the system is very easy to use and the visual layout of the platform is very nice. And really most of the basic things you'd need out of a CRM are all there.

My only qualm with this system is that there are minor annoyances like not being able to unmerge leads in the event you accidentally might have done so. And overall contact management could be slightly improved but it's not enough to ruin the experience in my opinion.

Pros

I really like the ease of use and graphical interface. I also love that I'm able to dial straight from the platform and the templating system is fairly easy to use as well.

Cons

Contact and lead management could be slightly improved. Unmerging leads is not possible from what I can understand so be careful not to merge the wrong leads. Also if your working specific verticals, it's nice to be able to port a contact from one lead to another should they have switched companies but that's not a possibility either.

Response from Elastic

Thanks, Dean, we're happy that our inside sales CRM is serving you well! We've passed your feedback on to the product team.

Replied 10/11/2016
Akshay

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

Great Beginner CRM Tool

Great tool overall to get started for a founder with little sales experience

Pros

- Very easy to get started / intuitive interface
- Enables you to send emails straight from tool and manage inbox
- Ability to set reminders and follow ups
- pipeline UI, similar to salesforce or hubspot

Cons

- analytics on emails (open rates, campaigns) hard to understand. Ended up using persistIQ for this
- hard to tell when prospect opened email

Streak, Pipedrive and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Email inbox management in Close

HubSpot Sales Hub
Jordan
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 28/09/2016

Rigid structure means only certain sales processes fit (adaptations to all processes are...

Overall, Close.io is a B2B CRM where each client has only a few main contacts and they all go through a specific, well-defined process, regardless of whether or not the deal is closed.

It's a very expensive platform, especially if you want calling features, so keep that in mind. My two cents: you should assess how well Close.io meets your needs before deciding that this is the right CRM (vs. a different CRM or a custom CRM if you're at higher volumes). Once you decide that it's worth exploring, my recommendation is to figure out how much you'll be paying in annual costs vs. a custom CRM implementation.

Close.io pretty much won't prioritize features for you, so if you need anything custom done, I recommend going somewhere else.

Pros

- Easy to get started
- Easy to import leads
- Easy to keep track of how everyone at your organization is interacting with the client
- Pretty simple, but effective reporting

Cons

- Expensive
- Low quality call audio
- Low customization
- Rigid sales structure set-up

Nick
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 09/03/2015

A modern sales platform optimized for outreach

While Close.io is a CRM by definition, I consider it more of a sales platform. I consider it as a platform because of it's flexible and rich API that allows you to customize any component. Close.io is a fantastic tool that teams should use for interacting with their customers.

With built-in call and email integration, Close.io is designed for salesperson outreach. It eliminates unnecessary data entry, and is the perfect companion for any sales team using the "Predictable Revenue" (A book by Aaron Ross) approach to sales. All activity (calls, emails, lead status changes) is automatically tracked, leaving the sales rep to just write contextual notes for each activity.

The automatic tracking of activity leads sales managers to easily determine how much activity yields certain sales results. Those answers are the holy grail when it comes to building a scalable sales process.

Pros

- Built-in call and email integration.
- Flexible and powerful API w/ great documentation.
- Dynamic lead lists (called "Smart Views") powered through search.
- Native Mac and WIndows apps.
- Responsive support team.
- Custom fields

Cons

- Costly for budget conscious teams. (But not less expensive than Salesforce and like platforms)
- No native mobile apps yet. (Not recommended for outside sales teams)

• Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 10/03/2015

Best CRM I've had the pleasure of using

Close.io has been a huge help to our small B2B sales department. Before close.io we were using multiple programs to email, call, track, notate, and manage customers. It was a mess!!! Now we can do everything within the app itself. No more transferring information from one source to the other.

Pros

The features that helped us the most:

-real-time integration with gmail. We send and receive all our email through the app. Besides being more convenient it also keeps all correspondence logged in an easy to reference way.
-recorded calls - all calls and voice-mails are automatically listed right along with notes and emails. This is incredibly useful with longer sales cycles. We are able to go back and actually hear what the customer said on the call two months ago. So much better than just notes, especially if there is every a disagreement.
- Support is amazing. Always very responsive and timely and walked us through our limited implementation issues, (see below). Additionally, they are always improving the app, so about the time I suggest an option I'd like to see it is already slated to be rolled out.

Cons

Not really any cons to speak of, but we had a couple issues at first:

- call quality was poor. This was due to trying to use a wireless connection and after switching everyone over to wired, it went away. So while not an app problem, something to consider if you or your team work remotely.

-Some merging issues when pulling lead data from our web form. Again, this was not an app problem so much as a developer problem on our end, but it was a headache for a couple days none the less.

Reviewed on 07/08/2018

Close.io Review

Pros

I like that you are able to track all forms of communication with a potential business. You can crack phone calls, notes, text messages all in the order that you had the conversation with your business. I also like that you are allowed to send text messages to business if they are hard to get a hold of via phone call.

Cons

I think that they could have better integration with other platforms. Our support team uses fresh desk and fresh chat as their source of emails and chats and with no integration it makes it hard for the support person to see the conversation that goes on between the sale person and the customer without having close.io open.