About ServiceM8

ServiceM8 is a cloud-based field service management solution with landscaping business management capabilities which enables service businesses to schedule, deploy and manage all their field activities from a single...

Browse ServiceM8 Reviews

Skipper L.

Reviewed on 20/03/2017

Hesitant but hopeful, and pleasantly suprised.

As a tiny service company competing against global powerhouses, we have been searching for a long time for a program to help us consolidate our business software. We had a system that worked for us, but it was clunky due to it being a series of stand alone programs we would multitask together.

SignNow, Quickbooks online, Notes, emails (2 different ones) and photos all worked, but took about 1/2 the time of the actual service call to make sure all the documents were properly completed, sent and billed.

Two key features sold us on this: Integration into QuickBooks Online and the ability to create check lists for each job so nothing is forgotten.

The bonuses of individual technician scheduling, letting us have the option to still use WAZE for the GPS on the work order, time stamps for travel and on/off the job, text/email ETA from the phone to the customer all makes us look much bigger than we are.

We feel like a powerhouse vs the big boys in our industry with this program, and with the cost based off now much we use it vs a block tier system lets us know well before hand what our costs will be each month.

We couldn't be happier.

Please don't change this formula ServiceM8.

It's everything we need.

Pros

Hard to say: Its super easy to use, has all the features we already used and more. Stable, powerful and integrates into QBO and emails seamlessly.

Customer service communication inside the program is outstanding. Being able to ask questions without starting new emails or having an agent auto close a question ticket before all the questions are completed is being A+ customer service.

Cons

Only nitpicking things really. We run strictly OS machines, so there are a few features we cannot use because they seem to only work on Windows browsers.

Diary notes are great, but hard to edit/can't edit. Not a big deal, but never the less, our fat fingers can sometimes make us look unprofessional without the ability to edit before we email.

Switching between phone and tablet on the job. This seems to be hard for the program to do. If we check in on a phone from travel, we must check out on that same phone, we can't check out on the tablet where we ultimately do most of the work with SM8. Sometimes we don't remember to check in and out and do all the work on the tablet and not switch to the phone and we have to redo some work because of it.

Instructions. 95% of all your instructions are spot on, but some we had to ask for help even after reading them a few times. Nothing big because customer service was wonderful.

Alex B.

ServiceM8 is changing my business

I have been looking for a job Managment program for 3 years we started a 30 day trial of another product and we were having trouble interfacing to myob the Suport was very poor and many limitations on the product. The video help is so easy and every thing I need is documented.

I found servicem8 on some web searches I signed up for a free trial and enjoyed my experience bit had many questions. I received an email to attend a live demonstration in the apple shop and had a chance to ask questions I left the demonstration convicted that servicem8 was what I needed to get my company back on track. I call several cloud solution company I wanted to get up and running a soon as possible with least amount of work.I went with the one day install and set up I had done most of the basic stuff the implementer gave demotes toons and tanning and help with form development training. Within a week were all used the platform.

Pros

I like the way it is cloud based with a local back up so even if use connection we can still keep operating our business. The ability to invoce quote in same platform record photo collect signatures there is not enough room to write the advantages of servicem8 over its rivals.

Cons

I really want to track purchase orders on the system it currently dose not Suport I hope enough people ask for it and it becomes part of servicem8 platform.

Ashley C.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Servicem8 has streamlined our business immensely

We are a service business and have found quoting through to invoicing is sooo much easier with Servicem8.

Pros

- Easy to use and the search function (when working well). Also the ability to accept CC payments via stripe and push invoice details through to Xero.
- Pricepoint is good and encourages businesses to utilize more areas.

Cons

- Lack of training videos.
- Also difficult to work out how to update out job card for other 3rd party contacts.
- Converting an email to a job seems to have changed for the worse and is much more difficult now!
- It would be great to be able to oncharge a the service fee for Credit cards in the invoicing template, e.g. if the cc link is used you can set an automatic percentage amount to be added on. ie 1% or a set $ amount.

Rob H.

Reviewed on 31/01/2018

With so many customers ServiceM8 ensures my company is always professional and technology...

Pros

When customers call me I can answer them by name. This is such a powerful tool and it builds customer loyalty through the roof, as they are just amazed that I remember them. Customers miss this personal contact that other companies fail so bad on. Taking credit card payment on your phone is a close 2nd but IOS contact hits the home run.

Cons

Can't create short cuts. I have a lot of repeat business and wish I could just click one button to create a new job that replicates everything from the old job. I could then adjust pricing and book it in for the next service. At the moment there are too many key strokes and you need to be careful not to forget anything. Please look into this as I'm sure I can't be the only one out there who would love this to happen.

Paul J.

Great Mate

I've been using SM8 for 12 months now and it has escalated our job organisation and customer impression significantly.

Pros

Easy to Use.
Affordably scalable.
Cloud based, mobile and desktop friendly.
Networkable.
Helps us keep great communication between field workers and customers in a way that puts us in a class above the rest.
Live tracking of field workers for both head office and customers.
Integrated 'Request a Quote' web button on our site that converts all the web-request form info into a SM8 job in an instant.
Support is fast, personal and determined to find or create solutions.

Cons

Features I find myself wishing for:
customisable fields for added data collection on jobs (e.g. a way of recording and reporting marketing information. We always ask, "Where did you find us?" but there's nowhere in SM* to record that information in a way that I can print a report at the end of each month to show where our advertising is working.)

Tim B.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

Nothings as Gr8 as ServiceM8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cash flow was shot, jobs were getting misplaced on bits of paper, and we never knew for sure if and when jobs were being completed and then billed out correctly, and in a timely manner!

Pros

Flexibility of being able to have multiple level logins.
Great real time messaging and being able to check photo's to help with tech supporting on road staff!
The ability to bill then and there and have your whole pricelist at the touch of your fingertips!

Cons

It would be great if you could tell if the staff member was checked into a job, by the job changing colour or have some sort of symbol on it to say it was being actioned.

Dan F.

Reviewed on 19/08/2016

Easy job management software

We were looking for a way to ensure that info about a new enquiry was safely logged, ServiceM8 does this and allows anyone on the team to add more details, log time spent on jobs and so on. We are now much less likely to miss out invoicing opportunities for "when you're passing" or "can you just" type jobs that really should be charged for.

Pros

It provides a central record for everyone on the team, so if in doubt, stick it with the job (or client) record then nothing gets lost. It's cloud based, so no more server worries. It integrates with Xero. The support team are fast to respond and helpful.

Cons

Trying to make our own forms :(
No standard mark-up available for quoting
Quoting system doesn't really work for us

Patty P.

Swimart Somerton Park

Easy to use, quoting and invoicing is made easy, keeping track of jobs and service technicians. The clocking in and out of jobs helps us for invoicing time on site and also deal with customer queries and complaints, we are able to log back into job and answer any onsite questions about time spent on site, photos help when we need to order parts etc. and notes about what was done on site. Fanstastic.

Pros

sms clients to let them know we are on out way, ease of communicating with our techs out on the field, invoicing straight to xero.

Cons

not able to delete all the existing materials as a lot of it is wrong or doubled up. Would like to deleted all the data and reload again.

David H.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016

Excellent Value for Money

I was recommended this software but as I was using android base hardware it put me off so I tried a few other software program's without any success and a lot of money out of my pocket.
I eventually tried Service M8 and adapted the IPads to my business and have not looked back.
I can only say why did I not use this earlier.
It now has streamed lined my business and we have formed a strong structure in moving forward and having the capabilities of growing to meet the our customers needs.
This has become a great asset which is promoted through my Company's profile and commitment to my existing and future clients.

Pros

The ease of operation and live up to date information.

Cons

Not being able to open up multiple jobs at once and also when a job is open it need to be bigger to see more of it on the screen

Will W.

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

The most versatile and customisable scheduling software

Love this software, and the help desk is very helpful. There is a great library of help information too.

Pros

The forms add in with the ability to create forms that generate PDFs that attach to individual jobs - perfect for SWMS / pre-start checklists and other compliance documents. Very fast and responsive. The app is great and invoicing is a lot more versatile than with other systems since you are able to set up templates for emails, SMSs, invoice/ payment claims, quotes - anything can be customised.

Cons

Slightly clunky client input system, that allows only two contacts to be visible on any given job. It also inverts the name of clients rather than just storing it the way you entered it into the system. So John Smith will be stored as Smith, John. This is problematic with company names, but it's not a big deal in the end because you can go in and change it back, it's just a little inconvenient.

Vivian P.

Reviewed on 15/08/2016

Great online software program

After a long search for a service program we decided to try out ServiceM8. It integrates well with Xero accounting package. We have saved a huge amount of time using ServiceM8 on our mechanic's phones - rather than paper forms. OHS forms are easy to use. Scheduling is simple. We only pay for the jobs we use - so very economical.

Pros

Ease of use. Minimal training required for mechanics. Keeps great track of time spent, items used, and work done. Pictures can be saved on the jobs for future reference. Support team is very quick to reply to emails if we are ever unsure how to use something. Price is great compared with other software on the market.

Cons

Only supports Apple products. No purchasing through this program, so accurate job costing is a bit lacking.

Sam K.

Reviewed on 09/04/2019

Happy customer

The main thing I appreciate about Service m8 is the way it allows me to stay organised with lots of jobs; past, present and future. I don't use the scheduling/staff tracking aspects, although other electricians I've put on to service m8 do & love it. It's also very well priced and the customer support is amazing

Pros

Logical layout, easy to use, customer support has always been great

Cons

Not a huge fan of the app layout, prefer using the desktop version

Chris M.

Reviewed on 15/06/2017

Easy to use. Provides all the requirements I need to manage my business out in the field.

Pros

Easy to use. ServiceM8 has all the functions I require for me to be able to manage my business both in the office and out in the field. It has plenty of great extra add ons which enhance the package and it integrates with my accounting package. Great support also.

Cons

I would like to be able to create tasks which group together both labour and multiple items which could be added to job billing.

Raymond H.

Automatic Gates

Over 3 years of enjoying more jobs through looking so professional. You must not sign up our competitors please!

Pros

Spend more time with my family

Cons

Integration with MYOB is not perfect for us - have to keep fixing up fields with names etc. Should be able to choose the contact when setting up a new job

Andrew W.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Service M8 is incredible

We went from a purely paper and memory job system to Service M8. Profits are up turnover is up customer satisfaction is through the roof. I couldn't be more happier with a product at my place of business than service M8.
I looked at integrating a number of field service management programs some which nearly hit $30000 to integrate and that didn't include data entry. As i was already running MYOB i had this system up and running in a weekend. Seamless integration into our workplace was the best part.
ServiceM8 has let my business go to the next level of customer service.
I wish i had done it sooner

Pros

MYOB Intergration
Job Tracking
Staff Accountability
Service Vehicle Locations

Cons

None as yet

Arin B.

Reviewed on 11/08/2016

Ease of Use! Great for a Service & Repair company...

We've used service M8 for a couple years now. We have a custom servicem8 team that customizes it for us for our own industry use.

Pros

Cons

Wish they could expand features faster!

Stuart C.

Reviewed on 12/08/2016

Love ServiceM8

We implemented ServiceM8 just over 18 months ago and haven't looked back. We no longer miss parts or jobs to invoice, it has made our business more organised and more professional image to our clients

Pros

We love the software and have found it very user friendly, if we do have an issue or a question support staff are very helpful and we especially like the live chat feature where you can get a fast reply to a question virtually straight away

Ben H.

Simple, powerful and effective

I used a competitor's software for a while before giving up. Since changing to servicem8 I have had a fairly seamless and fast platform that has allowed me to employ another team member and have him up and running without a lot of training with our job management system.
There are one or two features I'd like to be developed or tidied up but on the whole I've been extreemely happy and have saved a lot of time and hassle.

Pros

Fast, easy to use, powerful, just works

Cons

I guess the fact it doesn't work on non-apple devices.

Derrick F.

Reviewed on 27/02/2019

Great Software

good software

Pros

This software is great to use alerts you when you are about an hour from your next appointment, capture signature photos are great also

Cons

which it could capture signature via email if the customer isn't home or text

Andrina S.

Reviewed on 07/03/2017

Great for Tradies!!

All our dealings with ServiceM8 have been very positive! The software is obviously built for tradies (we run a landscaping business) and it's as simple as it can be, but still provides all the information that the office needs to invoice, track & schedule work. The support staff are SUPERB - very efficient, responsive & exceptionally helpful! Keep up the good work, everyone!

Pros

Easy to use, logical (mostly), provides good information for business owner in tracking jobs, costs, scheduling etc

Cons

Really wish it worked with Android phones - that's causing us the most issues. We've overcome it by using iPads instead of staff member phones, but still not ideal.
I would love to see the following colour coded system:
Blue for scheduled jobs
Yellow for completed jobs
Green for jobs that have actually been invoiced
That way, all team members know with a glance what stage the job is up to, and whether or not someone has missed invoicing a job without having to go into each job card

Mark B.

awaken your business

SM8 is the best thing we done for our business. After many attempts with other software we were put onto SM8 and havnt looked back. The ease of use and flexibilty to manage all projects has enabled us to grow both the business and profits.

Pros

Being able to communicate all aspects of the jobs to staff remotely.

Cons

Need to be able to have more site contacts.
Need to work on Android.
A better platform for extra charges to jobs.

Steve N.

Servicem8 review

Easiest of this type of software to use, tried several. Very flexible with job scheduling and allocations, most other apps force you to set a booking time, Servicem8 allows you to allocate and leave the scheduling up to the technician.
Per job pricing means you only pay for what you use, this works out much cheaper than most other competitors that charge per user even if the office person.

Pros

Cons

Desktop view could do with an update

Jason H.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016

Kudos to ServiceM8

Star of the new show! Welcome to america It just works, what else can we say. Most amazing intuitive field service pal form since the Jetsons!

Pros

What don't we like !

Cons

To easy

Response from ServiceM8

Thanks Jason!

Replied 27/08/2016
Anthony J.

Reviewed on 12/04/2018

Has a made a huge positive difference to my business.

Pros

Ease of use. Very easy to setup and support is excellent if you do get stuck. Has been instrumental in making the expansion of my business very smooth.

Austin M.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 06/01/2017

Quality product backed up by great service and support.

ServiceM8 has been great for us. It is easy to navigate and understand. The ability to create a checklist for techs' iPads has effectively eliminated paper work orders. The custom queues have been invaluable for keeping us on track with our customers. We are still learning all the ins and outs but the more we explore features, the more we find it can do for us. It can be a bit quirky at times but any questions you have are quickly answered by a top-notch support team. The support chat has -amazing- response time and follow-up.

Pros

Easy to use. Great support.

Cons

Exclusive to Apple mobile devices