Foxit eSign Reviews

4.8

4.8

About Foxit eSign

Foxit eSign is a web-based digital signature platform for businesses of all sizes. The tool allows organizations to add documents, send it to signers for e-signatures and finally archive them. Foxit eSign offers APIs that help...

Browse Foxit eSign Reviews

Brian
Brian
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 05/08/2019

Great for people who only need the occasional document

Pros

I love that I can pay for documents a la carte. I only have to send and sign contracts for my business once every few months. eSign Genie was the only company I found that allowed me to pay per document. With other companies, I would have had to waste hundreds of dollars on monthly subscriptions I barely used.

Cons

The aesthetics of the platform aren't as "slick" or "pretty" as some other software companies. But it doesn't matter to me, because it has the features that count!

Dropbox Sign

Response from Foxit Software

Thank you for taking the time to review our cost effective, easy-to-use and powerful eSignature software=) Our great prices are available for businesses sending out any number of Documents. The more you buy, the more you save :-) Also, we will be releasing a complete redesign of our platform in December, so look forward to a more "pretty" eSign Genie soon!
--eSign Genie Customer Success Team

Replied 12/08/2019
Lindsey

Reviewed on 02/09/2022

HIPAA compliant and customizable.

The Covid-19 pandemic forced many of us online unexpectedly. We had to quickly find ways to get the necessary documentation from clients without the privilege of being able to see them face to face. Foxit eSign helped us move online quickly and effectively and gave us the confidence that our client's privacy and security would be respected and protected. Now that we are back in the office we still send and receive documents electronically helping us reduce paper waste, and giving our clients access to documents 24/7 through the templates embedded on our website.

Pros

My number one priority is my client's privacy and security, when i started with esign genie, now foxit esign, they could clearly provide HIPAA security where DocuSign could not. The ability to embed my document templates onto my website and emails is a great bonus as well!

Cons

I have had clients complain about their ability to complete documents on mobile devices, but for the most part, they are able to complete documents with ease. I like that I can see the documents that have been started so that I can provide assistance when needed.

Thomas
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 29/08/2022

Signature function does not work.

Hate the experience. I wish I could convince my company to change to another package. Please do not send me a gift card. I suspect if it comes from your company, the card will not work and the experience will be agonizing.

Pros

I do not like much about this product. I wanted to like it, I need to like it, because I am forced to use it every day. This product is hampering our audit procedures and the timeliness of our approval process. I guess the good thing about this product is it forces us to maintain our manual back up systems, i.e. print, physically sign, scan, save, send.

Cons

The signature function does not work properly. When I try to save, my subscription has expired? The software does not allow me to save a document after signature. When I do apply a signature image, it does not allow me to rotate the document and maintain orientation with the signature. This software is very difficult and time consuming to use. The menu system and toggle switches for options are not intuitive. I miss Adobe.

Top Foxit eSign Alternatives

Rhona
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed on 13/01/2021

Press the button, and here comes eSign Genie to the rescue!

I'm grateful to the eSign Genie support team and Kuddos [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] Everything that we needed to have done, was explained in one minute and I was advised on which plan, could make it happen as well as the price, and the ease of use. No chaos, No drama, but a simplified and Streamlined process overall. Once again, you have to be patient and not want it all done instantley...as it might take you a little bit of time (like maybe 10-20minutes if you just FOCUS in order to get it set up properly). Once you do this, it's done, and you can move onto your next project! Thanks so much.

Pros

Chat Support available... super helpful. They will provide you with the LINKS to screen shots and videos that you need to get what you need done. You must take your time and not rush when setting up, as to ensure no hiccups during use. Overall, great product and exceptional staff! Thanks again.

Cons

If you are overly anxious and need to know right this very second, of what to do, you need to take a deep breath, calm down, and THINK about what you actually need to get done. You need to do this before dismissing the product or get frustrated. In my opinion, the product can do and will do what you need to get done. But you need to have a bit of patience.... from there it's all go.

Reviewed on 02/12/2021

Powerful, Compliant, and Easy

Very positive. The decision to go with eSign Genie/Foxit has been a home run!

Pros

My client has a very particular process for delivering, executing and archiving multiple forms, some of which are rather complex. Not only was it easy to recreate these forms and deliver them, but we were able to seamlessly integrate this process into my client's very specific workflow.

Cons

Sometimes the process of creating a form by overlaying form fields on an existing document can be a little tricky, especially if you're aiming for visual perfection. It can be a little touchy. But it can be accomplished with a little patience and effort. In the end, it's a LOT easier than creating secure online forms on a website!

Jeannette
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 02/12/2021

Wonderful product for my team

Pros

Its ease of use and flexibility. The cost really knocks it out of the ballpark as it is extremely affordable.

Cons

I wish that I could do multi-level branding since we own and operate multiple properties, just having one company name for branding can make it difficult since oftentimes each user needs specific branding.

airSlate SignNow , Dropbox Sign and PandaDoc

Reasons for Choosing Foxit eSign

Price. DocuSign's prices have continued to skyrocket and negotiating with them became a nightmare.

Reasons for Switching to Foxit eSign

Pricing and options. It more closely matched DocuSign's product, but eSign has far more options and it's overall easier to use.
Amit
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Reviewed on 03/12/2021

The Best e-signature solution with all business perspective

With eSignGenie, I solved following Pain points of my company: -
1. Executing all our contract workflows majorly through eSignGenie within the scope of the land of the law;
2. Using easy-to-config APIs, we've automated the workflows;
3. Set of industry-standard feature set, we have eliminated the dependencies on the human intervention.

The benefits that I'd.
1. Improved productivity;
2. Kept the cost under control, beyond the industry standards.

Pros

1. Ease of use and decision making (Dashboard, Templatization, and Workflows);
2. Exceptionally adaptable to customer needs (API);
3. Exceptionally cost-effective.

Cons

eSignGenie shall improvise the Support System by including more ways to approach them to expedite the resolutions or seek extended help for custom requirements.

Reasons for Switching to Foxit eSign

1. Ease of use and decision making (Dashboard, Templatization, and Workflows); 2. Exceptionally adaptable to customer needs (API); 3. Exceptionally cost-effective.
Laura
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 02/09/2022

Low Cost - Highly Effective ESignature Platform

I am extremely happy with Foxit ESign. There are so many features that we don't even know about. The other platforms wanted to charge for the essentials, and then addons. This one gave us all the features we need and many more for an extremely low price.

Pros

This platform is extremely easy to use and I love the templates. Being able to go in and slightly change forms and documents and send them out quickly for multiple signatures is making my job so much easier. Other platforms limited templates to 3 or 5 even with paid versions. We haven't even been able to make enough templates to use our 50 allotted templates. Our clients rarely call us with questions because the user interface is so easy for signers.

Cons

The only feature I wish the platform had was to send personalized email to each party receiving or signing the documents. This may be a feature but we haven't figured it out yet.

Docusign , Xodo Sign and PandaDoc

Reasons for Choosing Foxit eSign

DocuSign was far to expensive for the number of documents we need signed. They had small or huge plans. Nothing that fit us.

The cost and features.
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 21/08/2021

Works Well for Private Practice

Overall, I am satisfied with eSign Genie. As with all things, there is a curve of learning.
Because it is browser based, I can be anywhere and log in to send or review my documents.

Pros

Overall this is a relatively easy software to use. Once you get the hang of how to add documents and Templates and recipients, it is simple enough to use. I was able to sign up for HIPPA compliance; this required the business plan.

Works with Safari on my Mac. :-P

Cons

I had issues logging in during the free trial and the first couple of times after my purchase. Support was able to fix the problem.

I also like least that for my small needs, I had to purchase the largest business plan for HIPPA compliance. I thought it would be a "flat rate" to add to any Plan but it was not.

Reasons for Switching to Foxit eSign

I chose eSign because it offered features I needed as well the price was right for my budget.
Nikhil
Nikhil

Reviewed on 27/11/2019

Decent, gets the job done with not too many bells and whistles

Good, I'd suggest it , if you're working with a limited budget.

Pros

I like the fact that it has a follow-up option. Esign genie is a no frills software that does as it says, the use of the interface requires no extra study or training. Its simple and effective.

Cons

I dislike the user interface, when sending contracts , i.e the last stage of the deal, the interface could be better, i feel, other than that, in terms of features, i have no worries.

Response from Foxit Software

Hi Nikhil,
Thank you for taking the time to review eSign Genie! You are on our "Pay-As-You-Go" plan which comes with 5 free Documents. This is a great option for many of our customers. Although this free version of our software has a limited feature set; you get access to our industry leading security that meets the most demanding compliances (HIPAA & CFR 21 Part 11). If you would like all the "Bells & Whistles" you can check out our "Professional" or "Business Premium" plans. We offer the most comprehensive industry leading features such as: white labeling, bulk send via excel upload, and online power forms that can be embedded into any hyperlink, button, website or application.
Also, we are proud to announce a full refresh of the user interface. Please check out this blog post to see a teaser of our new screens: https://www.esigngenie.com/blog/esign-genie-releases-a-new-user-interface-experience-and-branding/
--> eSign Genie Customer Success Team

Replied 03/01/2020
Len
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 26/08/2022

Good product, signature link sometimes does not work

as above

Pros

Affordable, convenient, understandable interface

Cons

I have had many instances where third-party signatories are prompted to enter a password, create an account, or the can't raise the document to sign because the link in the email doesn't work. This is a huge problem. It makes the platform unreliable, and in many cases has forced me to execute documents outside the platform. Your support team has not been able to help. I've contemplated switching to DocuSign when this has happened but still sticking with you.q

Reasons for Switching to Foxit eSign

We didn't do an aggressive comparison. Your platform looked good enough to try and the pricing was attractive so we jumped in. It's been sticky enough to stay for nearly 5 years now across all our accounts - Gemini Medical Technologies, Sentinel Medical Technologies and RedDress.
Lisa
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 19/09/2019

Great software, highly recommend

I'm amazed at how quickly I get my documents signed. It went from taking days to get documents signed to seconds. I work on commission and the quicker i get paperwork completed, the faster I get paid.

Pros

The software is user friendly both on desktop and mobile device. It has made my process more efficient. Clients are required to sign a sales order and credit card auth form. Now they don't have to print it out, sign, scan and return to me. It literally takes them 30 seconds to sign the documents now and I get an email alert once they have signed.

Cons

I have not had a negative experience thus far using the software.

Reasons for Choosing Foxit eSign

I found that the previous software was more expensive

Reasons for Switching to Foxit eSign

It cheaper and more user friendly.
Carole

Reviewed on 12/08/2021

eSign Genie is a Top-Notch E-Signature Program!

eSign Genie has made our tedious process of obtaining required signatures on multiple documents so streamlined and easy. We now have a simplified process and a secure place for all our internal documents. This has been a lifesaver for our company!

Pros

eSign Genie has completely streamlined our documentation process and the way we obtain signatures. It has accelerated our sales process and absolutely improved our production!

Cons

There is really nothing I have found that I don't like about eSign Genie to this point.

Docusign and PandaDoc

Reasons for Switching to Foxit eSign

eSign Genie had all of the features and services we needed at a price point that was much more affordable.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 03/05/2021

MUST HAVE FOR ANY SIZE BUSINESS

Ask for [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as she is amazing!! She emailed, spent time with me via zoom. Helped me get set up, answered my questions, didn't make me feel stupid and was personable.

I checked out all the competitors and found Esign Genie to be the most responsive, best customer service and competitively priced. The others when I asked questions just sent me links to the videos. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]scheduled time to chat and walk me through the questions I had vs sending me a link with 20 different videos.

Pros

Easy to set up
Customer service availability

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] - bottom line...........

Cons

Learning the quicks and figuring out what is needed where

airSlate SignNow and Docusign

Reasons for Switching to Foxit eSign

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] - bottom line...........Ability to talk to a real person who took the time to get to know me and my business and why and how I would be using the product
Ryan

Reviewed on 14/09/2021

Easy to use and inexpensive

Being able to esign documents made our product much easier to use and more professional.

Pros

The API is essentially the same as all the other APIs out there but this product was much less expensive.

Cons

Nothing for us. It does exactly what we need it to.

Reasons for Switching to Foxit eSign

The API's (which is what we needed) were essentially the same but the price was way cheaper for eSignGenie compared to Docusign.
Allegra
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 11/08/2021

Great dashboard and easy-to-use platform

After we needed to find an alternative to our previous e-signature program, I researched practically all of the programs out there, and this was the best bang for buck. Now, after using this for several months, I have to say that I find it hard to believe there is a better program out there for less or more money. This was easy to learn and teach others how to use. The customer support is fantastic, and they host live training sessions to ensure that you can make the most out of the everyday features as well as those more customized features such as adding your logo to documents.

Pros

First, I really like how easy it is to upload documents straight from the dashboard without having to click on anything. That speaks to how simple and easy the dashboard is to navigate. Even somebody who has never used e-signature software before can figure out how to use the whole system from start to finish in sending documents for electronic signatures.

Cons

I do not like that I am not able to use this in an add-on for google products as well as Microsoft. That may simply be because it is not a ubiquitous as DocuSign, but this software has all of the same great features for half of the cost. It is still super easy to upload documents from Drive or SharePoint, but add-ons just make it more seamless.

Response from Foxit Software

Hi Allegra,

Thank you for providing such detailed and amazing feedback. eSign Genie is definitely very feature rich and affordable, we are happy to hear that you enjoy the ease of use as well! We currently do offer integration with 1000's of applications through Zapier, currently included in all plans for a limited time. You can create your own workflow and build automations.

See all Zapier integrations for eSign Genie here: https://zapier.com/apps/esign-genie/integrations

We would be happy to help you get all set up. Could you email us your review at [email protected] so we can get in touch?

We are here to help, and we hope to continue giving you the best experience going forward.

Replied 17/09/2021
Lauraine
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 23/04/2021

Best value and product for esignature

My experience has been wonderful. I needed a software that was HIPAA compliant, affordable and easy to use. I could not find another one to accomplish the same things at this price. The competitors would not give a Business Associate Agreement unless and Enterprise Plan was selected which tend to be pricey.

Pros

Esigning is a snap. The signatures are secure. The portal is easy to use. You can set this up in minutes and customize to fit your business needs. Customer service is readily available but the only time I call is when I want to modify a form and I have questions. The chat customer service is very responsive and helps you immediately. When I had some ideas for my business and I had some more advanced questions, I was put in touch with the specialists and had my ideas implemented on the spot.

Cons

There is not much to dislike about this software. It is really easy to use.

BERNARD
BERNARD

Reviewed on 17/09/2019

Excellent Electronic Document Management Software

The eSign Cloud allows us to use it in the field with low bandwidth. Our users cannot function without eSign Genie.

Pros

This software is very easy to use, the help is plain and simple. The help desk people know their product. We asked for customizations that came back in a few weeks. No other software vendors were willing to customize. The cost per document soon pays for the cost of the software. We can move documents directly into our imaging system.

Cons

The mobile apps took some time to complete. We had both Androids and Apple products. We wanted both apps completed before we started to use each.

Reasons for Choosing Foxit eSign

No customization, using java-script left us open for hacking and viruses.

CUSTOMIZATIONS
Nita

Reviewed on 31/08/2022

Ease of use and practical for small businesses

We started as a much smaller business a few years ago. The pricing was reasonable for our use. Within a year and a half, we have grown. While the product is efficient, the cost is considerable for the plans we may choose from.
If business could receive credit or partial credit for documents sent that are unopened or unreturned this would be a plus.

Pros

Foxit software is relatively easy to learn and use. Uploading documents and being able to edit as needed (on each page) is a plus. We are a small business and the software has allowed our business to reach individuals who live outside of our locality. The electronic signature documents provides our business a much more efficient way to obtain releases of information, client registration, and other business related documents.

Cons

Some clients have complained of having difficulty opening or signing documents (using phones or iPads). We have experienced minor issues with sending errors which seems to have been resolved.
Often we will receive documents that are not completed or not signed (multiple pages required to be signed).

Victoria
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 26/08/2022

Foxit kept me working during Covid Lockdowns

For my purposes, the ease of sending out and receiving them back signed is amazing. My clients have never mentioned having a problem.

Pros

In 2020 I found myself having to move my practice online in a hurry during the Covid lockdowns. I researched electronic signature websites and was grateful to find the friendliest and most helpful customer service as Foxit (then ESign Genie.)

Cons

I do not use the product as frequently as many other companies, so I find that it is always a bit of a learning curve for me when I return to the site. I have not mastered editing the templates and always struggle a bit.

airSlate SignNow

Reasons for Choosing Foxit eSign

Expensive, confusing, poor customer support

Great customer service
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 29/10/2023

Top Notch e-Sign Solution for Manufacturing

Foxit has helped us set up a well-oiled e-sign system for both internal and external use. We use it in HR, Sales, Finance, and even in some areas of production like health and safety. It was relatively easy to set up and hasn't caused me any headache since. If I had to give points for improvement it would be improving the mobile interface and cloud features, but other than that, it's a very handy tool to have around

Pros

1. Foxit is very easy to use even for non-technical people. We use it across all kinds of departments and we rarely run into issues or have problems figuring things out.

2. It's got tons of ready-made agreements available. These are good for saving time but they've also given us lots of ideas as to what else we can use Foxit for.

Cons

It would be good to have the native integrations expanded. We had to set up api syncs for some of our other tools despite them being pretty widely used.

airSlate SignNow , Docusign and PandaDoc
Jane

Reviewed on 15/08/2021

Very inexpensive and simple platform to use

It was very easy to set up the documents with prefilled information, and send the documents to multiple parties for signature. Overall it is a good platform and is offered at a decent price compared to other e-signing platforms.

Pros

Cons

One thing I would recommend is allowing a customized message to be saved and selected when sending the documents to the party for signature. I entered the same message repetitively when sending documents for signature and it was a bit annoying.

Pricing
Dan
  • Industry: Program Development

Reviewed on 31/08/2022

Tank you for makeing it better

It was good and saved many trees for a one-time printout.

Pros

It is easy to use and tentative; one don't need to look for the future it is at the front and easy to cases

Cons

When the number of signatures was limited to two at the time, it was less convenient

Kyle

Reviewed on 22/01/2021

Solid, reliable, with good integration options

I've been using this software integrated into my app since 2016. It's been rock solid, no downtime that I've noticed, and the integrations work perfectly. The pricing is a lot more reasonable than some of the competitors, and I've been happy with that.

Pros

Being able to integrate directly into my website was the key feature. I can embed custom contracts which auto-populate with user information directly into the website, and the callbacks make it easy to download the documents back into my system.

Cons

The UI could use a bit of refinement, it's not the most polished software out there for e-signing, but generally it's easy enough and works well.

airSlate SignNow , Docusign and Dropbox Sign

Pricing + ease of integration
Melissa
  • Industry: Photography
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 06/08/2019

Saves me so much time and money!

I've also saved tons of printer paper and ink because far too many times my clients ended up losing the contract and needing another copy, and its saved me from having to store all those sheets of paper! It's just a huge time and money saver for me. I've also tried a few other electronic signing websites and stopped using them when they got too costly or were just plain not easy for myself or clients. I'm at least 2 years in with using e-sign genie with nothing but great experiences. I highly recommend!

Pros

Ease of use and very low cost is what's kept me a happy customer for years. My clients easily read and sign my contract and we both get a copy immediately. It's very user friendly for anyone.

Cons

If I had to pick a "con", and this is seriously nitpicking here, it would be the automated message it starts off the emails with. I think it could be a little more personable and not so 'professional'.

Response from Foxit Software

Hi Melissa!
We have a feature where you can easily replace the underlying document. It is called "Replace with New File" under the "More Actions" menu. All the 100+ fields that you created will stay in place and you will be able to replace the underlying PDF document. If you would like live training on this feature please feel free to call us and make an appointment: (408) 560-3900
-->eSign Genie Customer Success Team

Replied 04/12/2019