Salesforce Sales Cloud Reviews

Visit Website

About Salesforce Sales Cloud

Grow your revenue and profits with intelligent sales automation with Sales Cloud. Help every rep be more efficient. Close more deals. Collect cash faster. Boost growth and profit with intelligent automation and integrated tools...

4.1

Browse Salesforce Sales Cloud Reviews

18,402 of 18,402 reviews
Doug
Doug

Reviewed on 23/10/2020

It does it all

SF is the tool to have. It's already an amazing platform but continues to grow. SF continually invests in new products that enhance the features already available and continually rolls out updates with 3 major releases per year. Like any technology, it's consistently improving but they are already a leader and mainstay in this space.

Pros

Most people believe SF to be a CRM and while that is true, it's much more than that. It's a platform that leverages the technology of the CRM and is so easily customized that it can manage your entire business. This is the next generation of technology for every business need.

Cons

While the capabilities are nearly endless, not everything is offered out of the box. SF offers a lot of different products and has an extensive community of 3rd party app providers that allow for additional functionality that can be installed. Some of these products are free while others are paid beyond the initial licensing purchase through SF.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

The features that SF offers and the ease of customization make it the leader.
meenal
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 30/05/2024

"streamlining sales: A comprehensive review of salesforce sales cloud"

For companies trying to increase growth and optimize their sales processes, salesforce cloud is a complete and effective solution. Sales teams can efficiently nurture leads and close deals with the help of its wide feature set, which provide robust tool for managing leads, opportunities, and clients relationships. The platform's scalability and customization option provide the flexibility to react to change company needs, while easy connectivity with others other salesforce product and third-party apps offers a cohesive ecosystem for increase productivity. All things considered salesforce sales cloud is the best option available looking to maximize their sales process.

Pros

1) salesforce sales cloud improves productivity and efficiency by providing a broad range of tools and capabilities to manage every step of a sales process, from lead creation to deal close.
2) cloud's highly configurable platform enable companies to mold the system to fit their unique requirement and expand as their organization expand, guaranteeing, flexibility and adaptability throughout time.
3) smooth integration- it offers the single environment for sales team to collaborate and access all pertinent information and resources in one location by integrating smoothly with other salesforce products and third party application.

Cons

1] the wide range of functionality and customization choices available in salesforce sales cloud can be intimidating to novice users. it takes lots of efforts and training to fully understand its potential and operate the platform effectively.
2] its pricing can be too high for startups and small companies, especially when it includes in extra charges for integration, customization, and continues support.

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Excellent tool as is, but I fear for the future of Lightning

My high reviews are for Salesforce Classic, though I am truly worried about how this product is going to take a turn for the worst when it is (supposedly) going to be sun-setted by the end of this year. Keep what works and don't mess with the sauce. More is not always more and, for a CRM, no one cares what the interface looks like

Pros

Salesforce Classic is just a great CRM, plain and simple. It is complex for people who are new to the system, though the learning curve plateaus around a year or so. As with most tools out there, of course there are going to be issues with dirty and sometimes unreliable data, but this is typically a product of years and years of improper setup combined with administrative turnover and poor processes. I am unsure of any tools out there that could remotely compete with the robust functionality of Salesforce, though I think they are well aware of this which makes them slightly less innovative and supportive of current customers (because they know we have no better alternatives to turn to).

Cons

The transition to Lightning has been tough, and I am dreading the day they finally sunset Classic. The dashboard functionality is the only element I have found to have improved with Lightning, while everything else has become increasingly slow, difficult to navigate and overly visual. For a CRM, I would argue that most admins care less about the visual aspects of reporting and more about speed and efficiency in getting things done. The "Setup" in Lightning has changed the most out of all, and is particularly frustrating considering this is where most admins live all day. I have not seen one true improvement from Lightning, and feel like this is a cheap ploy to make the tool appear to be more functional and "fresh" for new users. Yes, the visual benefits might be desirable for a Sales user who only needs to view certain elements of the site, but for admins it is truly painful, and I wish they would keep Classic around as an option.

Top Salesforce Sales Cloud Alternatives

Reviewed on 31/03/2024

Salesforce an absolute necessity

Pros

Ease of use
Customised
Easy training for new joiners

Cons

Expensive
Slow ticket management
Personalised point of contact

Amazon S3 and Google Cloud Storage

HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Customised dashboard and Great UI helps our team’s reporting and tracking needs

Reviewed on 16/05/2024

The "One Stop Shop" for All Things CRM and Sales Management

Pros

Salesforce is a Goliath in their own right and a heavyweight within the CRM category. I've worked with other tools, such as Hubspot, but no one can perform true CRM like Salesforce does on a daily basis.

I integrate Salesforce with Salesloft and that combo together makes tracking my 2,000+ customers an absolute breeze. All activities flow back and forth between the 2 tools so I can stay up to date on all activities being perform on the account. This makes managing the customer experience more mature and positively reflects on us in how we operate our business.

Cons

While Salesforce Sales Cloud is as flexible as "flexible" comes, that can be a 2 edged sword. Our current Salesforce instance heavily leverages most capabilities that Salesforce offers, which makes it difficult to run reports when not all data objects can be accessible within one report. I end up having to run multiple reports and then consolidate the reports to drive the insights I'm looking for.

Lindsey Raye
Lindsey Raye
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

SALESFORCE IS AWESOME FOR SALES TEAMS

Pros

You can see everything; you can document emails, calls, sending them messages from marketing if they call and ask about it

Cons

Lot of manual and special objects for migration

HubSpot Sales Hub

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Cmpro was terrible and should never be used

CMPRO

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Tied into everything easier because there were already patches and apps
Jayson

Reviewed on 08/06/2024

Sales Cloud key to any Sales Organization

Pros

I like how much functionality comes out of the box. I also like how easy it is to customize. While some pieces require technical experts, basic things are pretty easy to learn and Trailhead is an amazing free tool. The community around Salesforce is pretty awesome too.

Cons

It's not cheap. Pricing is varied depending on how many licenses you need and how well you can negotiate. They don't publish standard pricing which can be frustrating.

Shashank
Shashank

Reviewed on 24/06/2024

Mature System for large organization

It is ensuring to use versatile business system. It has all the features needed by organization for optimal business analytics and forecast

Pros

Lots of features
Mature and evolved system
Established knowledbase and online help available
Ready support and experts available

Cons

Expensive
Legacy system
Ease of use / navigation
Maintanance is expensive

Reviewed on 05/06/2024

Empowering Business with best solutions

Pros

Salesforce has seamless integration capabilities with third-party applications and services.

Cons

Althogh salesforce offers flexible pricing plans, it can be expenive for startup and small businesses.

Reviewed on 15/05/2024

Great for Consumer Database

Overall good but I am also aware that this tool costs us a lot of money, even for maintaining.

Pros

I like the fact that I can see many details for each consumer at very granular level.

Cons

I do not like the complexity of the tool

William
William
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

Great CRM Tool

Once we started using Salesforce, we have increased our repeat business from our existing clients and our conversion rate from the leads and referrals we receive has skyrocketed. We are able to tailor our offerings to the prospects specific needs and their response has been overwhelmingly positive. We often get comments about how they feel like we understand them better than our competitors.

Pros

Salesforce is probably the most functional CRM tool on the market, and one of the easiest to set up and use. It worked right out of the box, and we have continued to expand the features we use. One of the best things are all the plugins available, which allow you to customize the environment to fit your business' specific requirements. Our revenues have doubled consistently year-to-year and our customer satisfaction ratings have improved dramatically since we began using Salesforce. My team has threatened to revolt if we ever consider moving to a different platform.

Cons

The licensing structure favors larger organizations, but the fees we pay are still reasonable for the value we get from the product.

Ian

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Proof that the "User" isn't always the "Customer"

We leverage Salesforce as the primary CRM for our enterprise business. We are also users of The Salesforce Support Cloud, as we transitioned over when they purchased Desk.com. As stated above, Salesforce gives users reliable access to customer data and reporting functions. But, every deviation from the current configuration invariable involves a headache and much too often involves a developer.

Pros

Salesforce, by virtue of its unassailable spot atop the CRM landscape, can pretty much do anything. I know this intuitively because I have seen the Salesforce app marketplace, the entire cottage industry of firms building out customer Salesforce implementations, and the massive number of nested menu options within the admin/configuration panels that exist behind what the typical user sees. "How" to leverage its vast potential for customization is where things get challenging.

Cons

As I noted above, Salesforce makes everything possible... but it doesn't make anything easy. Every time I set out to accomplish something new in Salesforce, I am expecting to pay out in one of three currencies excepted on the platform: cash, developer expertise or soul-crushing frustration. It is not unusual for a support article to jump from basic "click here" interface instructions to "configure your DNS this way"-type admin instructions to "download our java console applet and implement this code" from your local machine." This total disregard for how the platform feels to the actual humans that use it is reflected at every level. There is a reason the Salesforce UX is one of the go-to examples of why UX might not matter as much as we're told it should: The people suffering under Salesforce are often not the C-Suite people paying for Salesforce, and product decisions reflect this in every way imaginable.

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Salesforce's larger app ecosystem (both 1st party and 3rd party) can be attractive to a business looking to scale. In theory, they offer integrated products capable of running most of the functions of a business (sales, support, marketing, accounting, analysis/strategy). That is a great pitch to a company figuring out how to grow effectively without tying up key internal resources. In my experience, however, the juice is often not worth the squeeze with Salesforce.
Evan
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 22/01/2021

Salesforce NPSP - Pricey, but will give you room to grow

Great! If possible, I recommend ensuring you have someone in-house with at least 3 years experience before deployment. We contract a Salesforce Developer who aids non-profits specifically to aid in back-end matters.

Pros

I love that it has given our non-profit a space to grow into. Too often, non-profits find themselves barred by limits placed on the number of Contacts being retained. Most pricing is based around this figure which is tiresome when you are looking to gain momentum without having to have constant upgrades. Salesforce is massive and delivers in what it says it will do.

Cons

It is challenging to learn. I would have appreciated options for non-profit teams to have discount pricing on trainings with use. This would have provided for shared trust in the CRM, rather than knowledge given to a few who then became internal advocates for the system.

Emily
Emily
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 09/09/2021

Forever a Love Hate Relationship as an SFDC Admin

If you are a brand new Salesforce customer, regardless of your company size, MAKE SURE YOU RESEARCH AND HIRE A SOLID AND TRUSTWORTHY TEAM TO SETUP YOUR INSTANCE out-of-the-box and that THEY DOCUMENT DOCUMENT DOCUMENT everything they've done within SFDC. Also, PICK YOUR ADMINS, POWER-USERS, AND DEVELOPERS CAREFULLY AND MINDFULLY! Do NOT let inexperienced/basic users have admin rights.
SFDC is SOOOOOOOO easy to mess all the way up if you're not careful and will end up costing your company way more money and time to fix and typically, as I have seen personally too many times, [SENSITIVE CONTENT]'s will just blame the tool itself and fire their SFDC resources assuming it's their fault the platform doesn't meet needs and even just cancel the contract. Then they're left scrambling to meet even basic business needs while putting their large goals in an unattainable/unachievable position. Never trust a [SENSITIVE CONTENT] to know anything about or be reliable sources for what is done in and with SFDC.

Pros

I LOVE Lightning as a whole, and I personally believe it was Salesforce's best huge update/release since I first started using the platform in 2011. My favorite Lightning feature is Lightning App Builder for its non-code-based UI and its simplified yet vast customization capabilities.
I also f*ing love AppExchange, Trailhead, and the seemingly endless list of available integrations.

Cons

I'm sorry (but not sorry) to say, I HATE how very very little SFDC has improved their incumbent reporting and dashboard functionalities and UI. It's been one of the primary areas of SFDC, as an admin, I use the absolute most yet I always find myself having to resort to external reporting/data analysis tools (shout out to my Ride-or-Die, Excel!) to accomplish all of the data analysis and reporting needed in my role. Einstein Analytics (formerly Wave Analytics) is a godsend but costs a little too much ON TOP OF the already exorbitant price we pay just for base licenses.

Zoho CRM , Dynamics 365 and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Salesforce leads the CRM industry, of course, so it's usually a companies first choice when acquiring a CRM. It integrates with almost everything, has a nebulous laundry list of functionalities and customizations, there's super valuable free resources available from AppExchange to Trailhead and more, and so on.
Gaurav
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 18/10/2021

Great product but bad execution and implementation from implementation partner

Overall we had an average experience, though It helped in managing our sales and account well but did dent our budget a little with lengthy implementation and sheer incapability of implementation partner

Pros

Sales management features are good
good tracing and notifications
account management
geolocation integration
Integration with SAP
User Community
Easy to Use
APIs

Cons

Customer Service
third party vendor implementation
Overall Cost
Switching cost
Salesforce ecosystem has to be there to get better insights
Customer reports , except Einstein

SAP S/4HANA Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

product capability and future road map, scalability and user community

better product capability
santosh
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 10/05/2022

Excellent SAAS Platform - Salesforce

The overall experience with Salesforce Sales cloud was excellent. We are using Sales cloud to capture Lead generations using Web-to-Lead models, etc. A lot of features can be implemented using available out of box functions. There is less customization needed using the developers help to reinvent the wheel again and avoid more issues and downtime to release.

Pros

Salesforce has a lot of features which we can use right away and has the benefit to build many automations and integrate other systems on the Salesforce platform with less hassle and more reliable way. Salesforce provides more ways to implement new things in the system using best practices.

Cons

Salesforce support can be more quicker than current turn-arounds. The pricing could be less with purchasing more bundles in the Salesforce platform. The UI can be more better with changing color palettes and make the UI changes more quicker avoiding cache issues on the browser.

ServiceNow

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Salesforce has many out of the box features included in the bundle including lead management, account management, order management. The pricing for Salesforce was way better than other applications available in the market. The support for Salesforce was incredible quicker than any other vendor.
Richard
Richard
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 03/05/2023

A communication tool that can be useful in any location, depending on the operation

Salesforce has many functions. My job is to gather information from the customer, what they want and other specific personal information about incoming inquiries and assign them to the person in charge within the company. In particular, it takes time to determine who is in charge of which department and who is in order. It is now possible to find and inform the other party in a short time. Ultimately, customer information obtained through marketing, etc., including queries, is managed collectively so that the person in charge can refer to it when necessary. Records of actions taken are also kept as a history, so it is easy to track the past, and I can change responsibilities without thinking about handing them over.

Pros

Even in the enterprise, the publishing timeline of this product's "Chatter" feature has become a valuable place where project information can be shared across departmental boundaries. From seminar events to disability information, you can see the information you would otherwise have to research independently. Since it became available on smartphones, checking it on the go was possible, and I felt it was more convenient.

Cons

The complexity of the user interface: The wealth of functions complicates the operation. It is also customary to explain how to use it to transfer members. In addition, from the administrator's point of view, I think the barriers to customization at the beginning of the introduction are relatively high.

HubSpot Sales Hub

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Until now, we had our handmade system, but with the formal introduction of SFA, its importance expanded within the company. It is perfect if the personal information collected in consultations and sales activities is organized and left as a record. You can search and see the moves, so the successor can see past activities by looking at them. Because personal information is collected without being reduced, it can be used effectively for marketing activities. The more we have, the more valuable we are as a company.

SAP Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

I feel it is essential to be able to check project information on a smartphone and perform simple operations. It was a long time ago, but there was a time when I had to go back to the office from work and enter data on a PC. Compared to those days, the efficiency of work related to project management has improved.
Robert
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 14/05/2021

Best CRM ever made!

Since transitioning to Salesforce Sales Cloud, we have been able to build and automate complex processes to reduce redundant tasks, mitigate error, and provide an exceptional customer experience for our constituents.

Pros

Before using Salesforce's Sales Cloud, we used another CRM that was as deficient as it was clunky. Salescloud has literally revolutionized how we do business and manage our constituents. And the fact that you can customize and configure the system to work exactly as you need/want it for your specific use case is by far its greatest strength and the thing I love most about this software.

Cons

I wish the app-exchange was more vastly populated with solutions like Apple or Android. It can be somewhat challenging at times to find the right solution or app provider OTB, this forcing you to take the route of custom development or third party integrations.

Blackbaud Raiser's Edge NXT

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

Stakeholders felt that we needed a new solution that would adequately meet our needs and limit the frustration and discontent among staff.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

UX, UI, Functionality, and Configurability were far superior in Salesforce.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 01/11/2018

Salesforce is Most Capable Platform

Overall experience has been great. We have grown as a company at 30% percent since adopting. We launched on the Lighting UI and I highly recommend the same for anyone that is looking to launch the product. There are a ton of resources that will help with implementation which is great!

Pros

The best part and worst part of being on the Salesforce platform is the ability to customize the tool to your needs. If you have a specific process, permission, security that you need to be able to accommodate, you will always have the ability on the platform.

The mobile app is great and is used most of our users. There are some areas for improvement, but overall great.

Salesforce also does a great job of implementing new features and changes based on their community feedback. The Ideaexchange is an amazing tool and SF does a great job basing their changes on wheat the people want.

Finally, TrailHead is the best in the business. The ability to self teach is amazing and SF does a wonderful job keeping all the moduels up to date.

Cons

The same thing why Salesforce is great with flexibility and customization also make things very difficult. The best way to describe this is Salesforce is a like a beautiful house on the outside. They give you the roof/doors/walls, BUT what you put in the house and how you arrange is all your own doing. This makes it difficult if you need a specific issue taken care of, you will need to reach out to a developer to accomplish unless you have one in-house.

Also the App exchange although very great, can get very expensive. A lot of companies make a living taking a Salesforce idea and perfecting, then selling on the app exchange. This can come in handy, but also at a cost.

Chawn
Chawn
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 19/10/2019

Loved it!

Very positive!

Pros

Let me, first of all, start off being admitting that I do not currently use Salesforce in my business but used it quite extensively during my time in Corporate America as an account manager and program manager. As an account manager, we were required to enter all activities and customer interactions in SF. It was a very user-friendly and intuitive interface. I am certain that it has changed quite a bit since then but was still a great platform back then. Some of the features I enjoyed most were emailers and scheduling call backs (served as an assistant). Even though I forecasted during my role as an account manager, I did not appreciate the value of being able to track revenue forecasted by account and service managers until I transitioned into a role as a national program manager. I even worked with engineers to develop a special promotional code that allowed me to track revenue for my program forecasted by my co-workers deals. Although it was a lot of work, this was a huge milestone for me and the company. For the first time, we we able to track revenue for a particular funding source.

As an entrepreneur, I have an even greater degree of appreciation for forecasting revenue. SalesForce gets thumbs up from me.

Cons

I have no "least" liked features. Perhaps, the only semi-negative I have to share is that we had to develop a special backend program to track revenue for my program. But even that is a compliment to SF. The fact that their software is so flexible speaks volumes.

Bruce

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

Rapid Configuration and Updates

We were looking to update our CRM and wanted something cloud based and easy to reach for all users. It has been an excellent choice as we can make fast updates to our system without a lot of work or programming. People find it easy to use and onboarding new employees has been faster than before.

Pros

Very easy to use and setup customizations. There are a lot of options to customize the system to your needs without having to write code. Going from test to live in super fast and easy. It is updated three times a year that bring a lot of new features that improve what we can do in the system, Salesforce becomes more powerful each time. The ad hoc reporting is incredible to have.

Cons

The price is pretty high for some who are not going to use it all. There are a lot of extras that would need to get bought for you to get everything you want from the system. It might not be clear what is an extra. It lacks some functions that you might expect from a system like conditional fields cannot be highlighted.

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Sales Cloud

The old one was hard to update, it required a programmer to make changes. Changes were slow to be developed. It required users to be on prem to use.

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Sales Cloud

Cost and ease of support.
Cha
Cha

Reviewed on 27/09/2022

Salesforce is one of the best programs that you can integrate into your company.

It is incredible how this program has the ability to offer you a wide variety of options for the descent of a company and get many more sales that contribute to the business, Salesforce is one of the best programs that you can integrate into your company, from an excellent admiration and control of all your data until the management and correct interaction with all your clients, this program will reinforce the weaknesses that your work operation may have and will improve them to be your main virtues, in my work there is no other program more complete than Salesforce, Since there are so many possibilities that are achieved with the help of this amazing software, it makes my job much easier and more effective when starting.

Pros

This program presents a totally simple interface to work with and that each of its users can concentrate on increasing the sales of their business and the entry of new clients to the company. This program is an administrative space where all the processes and procedures can be built. with the purpose of the constant growth of the company, one of the best things that this program has is the control and domain that each of its users acquires at the moment of implementing Salesforce in their workplace, as well as being a program that focuses on the management of advertising and marketing of the company with the same purpose of generating many more sales and new relationships for the business, it is by far the best CRM that has a host of options and benefits for the company and for my development .

Cons

Without a doubt, the area and all the marketing functions can improve, we understand that it is not a program that focuses only on this area, but it can improve a lot in each of the new updates, this in order to reach more places and clients who are interested in our services and on the other hand it could be a bit complicated due to the amount of information to integrate certain contents multiple ways, in general I work very well and I like the performance of the program.

Kevin
Kevin

Reviewed on 21/03/2018

Salesforce is the premier CRM in the market, and this platform offers the most ROI.

This helps my and my team realize more ROI by helping automate and report on what is necessary for us to keep recorded in CRM. The laborious tasks that team members hate dealing with can be taken care of by the Salesforce platform itself, causing less friction with management and 100% accurate reporting in CRM.

Salesforce helps me keep track of my progress as an employee and offers transparency as to what I can do to improve my processes and learn to succeed to higher degrees and frequencies.

Pros

I like all of the automation and customization available with Salesforce. It is great having access to a tool that is capable of taking so much of the human decision out of the equation so that the team members can focus on their responsibilities and allow Salesforce to do the heavy lifting. If can be tiresome to try to always remember what needs to be logged/updated when and where, and Salesforce makes reporting compliance easy for any team of any size. Customizing it offers great value as well, as there are numerous departments in every company, and we all would like to use Salesforce differently. I get to have layouts and processes that match my team, while not being bothered with those of other departments.

Cons

What I like least is that Salesforce has sub-par support. There is a lot of complexity to their platform, and because of that, a lot of questions arise. The team at Salesforce, even if you pay for premier support, is not all that responsive or helpful. There is a lot that they themselves don't necessarily know and maybe have to track down the appropriate internal resources to get the answers. Another thing is that Salesforce seems to neglect very important features requests from Salesforce Ideas posts. Clients are offering their feedback and suggestions firsthand, but certain requests that would benefit every company (such as being able to sort reports by more than just a single field) get left in the dust for UI updates to try to wow or entice new clients. Salesforce definitely has a direction of its own, and although they do build new and helpful aspects to the tech, you are on their wagon wherever they choose to pull it.

• Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 30/07/2018

Best CRM in the market, without question. Learning curve to administer but well worth it

Automation of common tasks saved us time. Documenting conversations and tracking new data gave us the ability to work with the right person at the right time. 3rd party apps were easy to find and integrate into our business processes. Saved time by building drip campaigns during the recruiting process. Adding new fields meant we could be agile in implementing new ideas and pilot projects.

Pros

Customizable - allows organizations to track anything and everything
Automation - easy to build workflows to automate repetitive tasks
Security - can control access to fields, records, or entire objects by user type. Access and security are vital and easily maintained and deployed
Innovative - Salesforce is consistently voted one of the most innovative companies in the world. Quarterly releases are packed with new features to support users and administrators
Community - the Salesforce community is incredible. Find answers from other users and administrators through Salesforce's gigantic communities.
Equality - Salesforce is a champion for equality and equity for all. It is important that we are partnering with a company that views equality as a core value.
Philanthropy - Salesforce has been committed to giving back since it was founded. Again, sharing the work with a partner that has strong values is an important business lever.
Training - hours and hours of free training exist at the click of a button. ANYONE can learn to administer Salesforce by using Salesforce Trailhead, their online training module.

Cons

Can be difficult to use and learn, particularly for administrators. Maintaining documentation is vital and is left to the organizational administrators without much advice from Salesforce. All the possibilities can be overwhelming for new users and administrators.

Reviewed on 21/11/2023

Robust Customization Meets Steep Learning Curve

Salesforce Sales Cloud has proven to be a robust and comprehensive platform, offering a wide array of customization options that cater to varying business needs. The ability to tailor the platform, coupled with a rich set of features, significantly enhances relationship management with clients, prospects, and partners. However, the steep learning curve and complexity of the platform can pose challenges, especially for smaller companies or those with limited technical resources. The pricing, being on the higher side, might deter smaller organizations, although the value delivered could justify the investment for larger enterprises. Despite minor technical issues, the platform's industry leadership and extensive learning resources like Trailhead provide a supportive environment for users to grow and maximize their utilization of the platform.

Pros

Salesforce Sales Cloud is highly praised for its robust customization and configuration capabilities, allowing users to tailor the platform to meet their specific operational needs, which is invaluable for managing various relationships including those with prospects, clients, and partners. Another strong suit is the provision of learning resources through Trailhead, a free learning platform that facilitates user acceptance and empowers users to maximize the benefits of the platform. Users commend its comprehensive management features that serve as a robust backbone for organizations, enabling seamless management of marketing leads and other crucial business operations at scale. Being recognized as a leader in the CRM space, Salesforce Sales Cloud's reliability and extensive feature set are seen as essential for business success, reflecting a high level of satisfaction among its user base on Capterra.

Cons

Salesforce Sales Cloud, despite its extensive capabilities, presents a steep learning curve, particularly for new users, necessitating time and training for proficient usage​​. The platform's complexity, while beneficial for customization, can be overwhelming especially for small companies, posing a challenge for those with limited technical expertise​​. Additionally, the cost factor is a notable concern among users, as the pricing might be substantial, potentially forming a barrier for smaller organizations or those with tighter budgets​​​​. Moreover, some users have pointed out minor technical issues, like the challenge of sorting line items in a quote, indicating room for improvement in certain functional aspects​​.