Capsule Reviews

Visit Website

About Capsule

Capsule from Zestia is a cloud-based CRM application that enables small and midsize organizations to keep track of the people and organizations they do business with, along with their interactions and opportunities in the sales...

Browse Capsule Reviews

Ilia
Ilia

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

Pretty good.

Overall experience was positive. It's a solution that I recommend to people.

Pros

What initially attracted us to this CRM was its cost effectiveness. I was impressed by how easy it was to deploy and run. The mobile app was pretty solid, easy to use and probably better or on par with some of the other (more expensive) CRM apps I've used. ~Capsule also had a decent project management function.

Cons

I think we had some trouble when trying to connect to Mail Chimp. From memory it took a long time to get it right.

Zoho CRM and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Response from Zestia

Hi Ilia,

Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear that you found Capsule easy to deploy and are enjoying using the mobile app. If you ever need any help for example setting up integrations then don't hesitate to reach out to us at [email protected].

Replied 16/02/2021
Sheron
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 23/11/2020

Great Easy To Use Affordable CRM

I have been using Capsue since 2017 and to date I have had no issues with the software even it was updated.

Pros

Easy to use. Price. Date Stamp. Search by name, keyword or phone number. You can up load documents to a specific contact. You can separate contacts using tags. Notes easy to edit. Beginner friendly. Generous Free account. It has an app that syncs perfectly with the online account.

Cons

So far the online has everything I need. I have no complaints. The app could add search by phone number. It would help when a client calls I could search the phone number and address them by name if they are found in my CRM the same way I do when working from my lap top from home

Response from Zestia

Hi Sheron,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to write a review about Capsule. We're glad to hear you're finding Capsule easy to use and love its features. You might be happy to hear that you can search phone numbers in the app. You can find out more about that here: https://capsulecrm.com/support/mobile-apps/capsule-mobile-app/#how-to-use-contacts-in-the-mobile-app. Also, if you have an iPhone we do have CallerID in the app. The Caller ID feature will display your Contact's name so you'll never need to guess who is on the other end of the incoming call - you can find out more information about Caller ID here https://capsulecrm.com/support/mobile-apps/capsule-mobile-app/#caller-id. I hope that help you out.

Replied 15/12/2020

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

Features and Format Lacking, Good for the Basics

Overall, Capsule seems middle-of-the-road. It's been useful as a database to keep our pipeline and outreach organized at a base level but hasn't impressed beyond that.

Pros

The ability to export to Mailchimp has been very useful, it allows us to immediately update lists without having to go through multiple extra steps.

Cons

Certain features I'm used to in a CRM are missing. The only way to correlate multiple organizations (as a subsidiary or similar case) is to make a note of it in the organization description and that doesn't link through. You're also unable to categorize a contact under multiple organizations, so you need to create a new person with the same name if you want to put them under more than one company.

It would also be nice to have a better search and reporting function. The only things you can search for are the person, organization, case, and note content, so every other bit of information you'd like to search for and compile must be placed as a tag, which gets clunky and disorganized easily. There is some sales pipeline reporting, but the options are not as robust as other CRM systems I've used in the past.

Top Capsule Alternatives

Jonathan
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 14/02/2023

Easy to use, keeps my lead tracking process organised

It's positive - solves a problem, makes my life easier so it's a thumbs up from me.

Pros

I love that it's easy to use, keeps my lead tracking process organised. No complicated features. I set reminders and track everyone I have contacted. I can access all features really easily and it just makes my sales and marketing manageable - without additional functions I won't use or need.

Cons

When I import a CSV file - I need to format it slightly for it to identify all the columns - just an extra step which is a bit of a pain but not a biggy.

HubSpot Marketing Hub and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Capsule

Does exactly what I want without the other stuff that make CSMs so more complicated and heavy

Response from Zestia

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for taking the time to write a review- we really appreciate that. We're glad to hear that Capsule is keeping you organised and you're easily able to manage your sales and marketing using it. As for the import process are you having to change the format from ; to , separation? We're always looking at ways to improve this process and would love to hear more specific details. If you could email [email protected] then our team can help you out.

Replied 28/02/2023
Andy
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 03/02/2021

Good stuff

Love it

Pros

We really like the interface and how it is organised.
Best feature is the gmail integration.

Cons

Im hoping that we can connect a certain gmail contact and automatically have every new email/conversation feed into the same contact on capsule.

Response from Zestia

Hi Andy,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're happy to hear that you like the gmail integration and I'll be sure to pass on your feature request to the product team.

Replied 16/02/2021
Barry

Reviewed on 04/08/2020

Capsule is great!

It's been a joy. Deployed super quick and was working pretty much out the box. It's not bloated like other CRM's with loads of unnecessary fields and functionality that most people dont use anyway.

Pros

It's intuitiveness is certainly my biggest positive. To be able to get the system up and running quickly and efficiently is a massive plus point. It keeps me focussed on what I need to do daily and it has yielded results.

Cons

If I'm being picky I would like the ability to turn some features off. For example I don't use cases so I'd prefer if it just wans't there but it's a minor point.

Pipedrive

Reasons for Switching to Capsule

I wanted a bit more historical data and the ability to set reminders and plan a sort of workflow. That wasn't available in Pipedrive.

Response from Zestia

Hi Barry,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time out to write a review. It's great to hear that you find Capsule so intuitive and that you're seeing benefits from using it!

Replied 18/08/2020
jibby
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 11/08/2022

Why Capsule should do better

Pros

The ease of use when our data was under 500

Cons

It did not seem as competitive as other providers

Response from Zestia

Hi Jibby

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to write a review - it really helps our team when we receive first-hand feedback. We're sorry to hear that you found Capsule not as competitive as other providers - we'd love to hear a bit more about this if you'd like to email us. You haven't given a lot of detail in the review and we'd love to address your concerns. Plus, if you're still using Capsule we can help give you a better idea how Capsule can fit your business. Feel free to email us at [email protected]

Replied 18/10/2022
Reuben
Reuben

Reviewed on 26/04/2017

Bang-for-buck the best CRM for Xero

Pros

Capsule does everything a CRM should:
- All of your organisation and contact information in one place
- Heaps of available integrations including MailChimp and Xero
- Mobile app for capturing new leads
- Customisable opportunity management
- Customisable case (ticket) management
- Email integration makes tracking email correspondence easy
- Custom fields allow you to update your

Cons

Capsule has several weaknesses you should be aware of:
- The opportunity management is customisable but fairly basic. Its great if you currently have no visibility of your pipeline, stages, value, probability or timeframes. There are apps out there that do these features better but not with all the other great stuff Capsule can do at the same price point.
- Capsule is not a marketing automation tool but will help with your marketing
- Capsule is not a sales pipeline tool but will improve your pipeline visibility
- Capsule is not an email client
- Capsule is not your accounts receivable management tool but will improve your collections

Eduardo Joel
Eduardo Joel

Reviewed on 01/11/2021

The best CRM money can buy

excellent, anyone can use capsule and not just the super techies

Pros

The client management, and the ability to keep things easy to use and not over complicate day to day activities

Cons

The search bar feature could be improved as search key words rather than phrases

Response from Zestia

Hi Eduardo Joel,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. Also, thanks for submitting your feedback regarding the search bar - I'll be sure to add your name against this as a feature request. Above all though, we're so glad to hear that you're finding Capsule easy to use.

Replied 23/11/2021
Murray
Murray
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 03/11/2018

Simple, easy to use CRM software

Capsule is a really simple, straightforward CRM for small businesses. It's reasonably good value for money, easy to use, and very useful for tracking your sales, customers and prospects.

Pros

Intuitive UI
Uncomplicated
Email dropbox

Cons

Could do with more options to prioritise tasks - they just get served up in date order, irrespective of whether or not they are important. This makes the task feature effectively unusable.

Bill

Reviewed on 14/09/2018

Quick to set up and start getting results

I've used Capsule for several years, as both a free and paid subscriber. It fits like a glove. Does what I need, doesn't force me into a different way of working, has been reliable (if it's ever been down, it wasn't any time I accessed it.) The company is actively developing it.

I have used at least a dozen small-business CRM systems. Capsule is like my favorite pair of jeans -- it fits, never gets in the way, and makes me look good!

Pros

Capsule is a good fit for my business. I'm a sole prop. consultant. I need to stay on top of my relationships with each customer to exceed their expectations. With Capsule on my laptop and phone, I can refer to past interactions and update with new ones in real time. With Capsule, I can create my own custom "tracks", action step lists to follow for any process in my sales or support functions. I can create my own custom fields and color-coded tags.

There are a good number of integrations with other web apps, you just have to see if yours is on the list. I use it with Harvest for time recording and Xero accounting. They also offer a good API. It took me an evening to write a script to copy every action logged in Harvest into the customer notes in Capsule.

I have no use for the team collaborative aspects of Capsule so can't comment on them.

Cons

The only complaint I have is a minor one - I liked the calendar task view better before the recent update. Now I can't see all my tasks for the month at once, it truncates after 3 or 4 on any given date, and hides the rest. I can still view all the tasks for a day by clicking on it, but it's a slower way to reorganize on a grand scale.

Paula
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 02/10/2020

Easy to use and great for quote tracking

Excellent thank you

Pros

I find Capsule really easy to use and manage all my quotes, leads and follow-ups on it.
I like that you can have custom fields too, helps for tracking.
I have used the system for the last 5 years.

Cons

I don't understand what the cases are??

Response from Zestia

Hi Paula,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for writing a review - we really appreciate it. It's always nice to hear that Capsule is easy to use and is helping people to manage leads.

In a nutshell a Case is a storage area or folder where you can keep everything related to a particular project or event that you're working on holding all the relevant information, tasks and history in a common place.

Cases are one of the most versatile features within Capsule, giving you flexibility to set up different processes and workflows and store a wide variety of information. A Case gives you easy access to share everything you need for your day to day work rather than storing it across several systems (and filing cabinets). Our support docs feature quite a comprehensive guide to Cases which might help you figure out if they would be suitable for you to use. You can find that here: https://capsulecrm.com/support/projects-and-events/. Do you think these could work for you?

Dolan
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 06/04/2021

Capsule Feedback

Not a bad system for the price we are paying.

Pros

Fairly easy to use along with the cheap cost

Cons

The integration with Quickbooks is not the best to be honest. We have had to disable the interaction as it was changing the records we had originally set up in Quickbooks. Also was not a simple click of a button to see the previous sales, you have to continuously sign into quickbooks when you want to see records, a bit pointless really.

Response from Zestia

Hi Dolan,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're glad you're finding Capsule easy to use and good value for money. Sorry to hear that our QuickBooks integration isn't quite what you expected. When setting up the integration any information in Capsule and QuickBooks should match otherwise Capsule would overwrite any differences. After that, the integration will push any changes in Capsule to QuickBooks as it treats Capsule as the source of truth so it's best to always make changes in Capsule. As long as you are logged into QuickBooks the link to open in QuickBooks will work. This is so that Capsule users who aren't QuickBooks users can't click through and access all the data in your QuickBooks account. If you'd like any more help or support with QuickBooks or Capsule in general our support team are always happy to help. You can reach them at [email protected].

Replied 13/04/2021
Andre

Reviewed on 19/10/2020

EASY AS PIE

has been great to work with and easy to operate

Pros

Super easy to start using , the pipeline is the best way to keep track of sales process and visually easy to keep track of

Cons

I feel it needs to automatically remind me of thing, I use this to track inquiries and sometimes people fall through the cracks. if for some reason I forget to start an opportunity I won't see the customer on the sales pipeline, maybe its just the way im using this.

Response from Zestia

Hi Andre,

Thanks for writing a review and we're glad that you've found Capsule easy to get to grips with. Moving on to creating Opportunities - There's no in-built functionality in Capsule that will automatically create opportunities from new contacts I'm afraid. Our advice is generally to only add an opportunity once the lead has been nurtured or qualified as a viable sales opportunity - this is to prevent your Capsule account filling up with opportunities that never get off the ground. What you're looking to do can be achieved, but it requires the use of a 3rd party tool called Zapier. Are you familiar with Zapier at all? To explain Zapier is what we call an integration platform which connects different services that don't normally have their own integrations with each other and they support Capsule. Check them out here: https://zapier.com
You can create a zap that each time a new contact is added to Capsule it triggers an action of a new opportunity being created.

Reviewed on 28/12/2017

One of the best CRMs I've ever used

Capsule has allowed me to keep track of all my leads and prospects. Because I can see how I've interacted with them in the past, I'm able to tailor my follow-up process to ensure a higher conversion rate. Capsule paid for itself in a very short period of time.

Pros

I love the fact that Capsule is one of the easiest CRMs to use. One of the reasons salespeople don't use CRMs is because they feel overwhelmed or because there's a huge learning curve. Not with Capsule. It's easy to learn and they also have a really cool app that allows you to track your contacts directly from your phone, which means you can stay on top of your sales process.

Cons

I think that the free plan should allow a little bit more than the 250 contacts it currently offers, but other than that there aren't really any cons.

Lizzie
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 14/10/2020

The views of a small business technophob

It is our company database so we use it many times a day. The experience has been good but I'd say that the fact it is reassuring basic will in the long term be an issue.

Pros

Capsule is very easy to use and for someone who hates complex tech it is reassuring straightforward

Cons

We haven't integrated the software with our other systems so we are probably missing a trick. What I like least is the fact that I do have to somethings twice. I probably need some coaching!

Response from Zestia

Hi Lizzie,

Chloe here from Capsule. Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We're glad you're finding Capsule easy to use. Should you ever need help with integrations or to make sure you're getting the most of Capsule you can always read our support docs here: https://capsulecrm.com/support/ and don't hesitate to get in touch!

Melanie
  • Industry: Plastics

Reviewed on 04/01/2023

Efficiency of the CRM

Very beneficial for leads and following them up.

Pros

Ease of use and efficiency. Mainly use for sales enquiry follow ups.

Cons

Not being able to delete a contact once they had left the company

Response from Zestia

Hi Melanie,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking the time to write a review - we really appreciate that. We're so pleased to hear that you find Capsule easy to use and efficient. As for deleting contacts - if you delete the contact then the data recorded on that contact will be lost. Rather than deleting the contact you could add an 'Archived' tag to it. This way you can easily filter out archived contacts from your list. I hope that helps and we're glad you're seeing benefits from using Capsule in your sales process.

Replied 28/02/2023
Mary Lou
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 25/03/2021

Capsule is Easy to use.

We use this data base daily, to track many type of entries. The note and task features are very helpful. It is a very detailed data base but very easy to use.

Pros

That it is easy to use, has many fields and ways to enter data. Being able to enter notes is a great help. Ease of finding people or companies in the data base and link people to companies.

Cons

We aren't able to create emails with graphics to send to mass mailing with ease.

Response from Zestia

Hi Mary Lou,

Chloe from Capsule here. I just wanted to thank you for taking the time to write a review about Capsule. We're glad that you're finding it easy to use and that the features are helpful!

Replied 06/04/2021
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 04/01/2022

Perfect CRM Tool

Capsule are a great company to deal with. They will come back to you very quickly will always go that extra mile to help you use the software and are genuinely nice people to deal with

Pros

This software is easy to set-up and use and will aid your business and its professionalism.

Cons

We love this product and have no negatives about it ease of use or all round compatibility.

Response from Zestia

Hi there,

Chloe from Capsule here. Thanks for taking time out of your day to write a review. We're happy to hear that you find Capsule easy to use and get started with. I'll certainly share your kind comments about Capsule with the rest of the team.

Replied 11/01/2022
Fritz
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 08/11/2018

Great CRM for B2B relations

Fantastic. Enter customer data once migrates automatically to xero for invoicing and manages our mailing lists in mail chimp.

Pros

Its easy to use free of feature creep that so many CRM suffer from. We are a B2B business and Capsule does everything you want it to do. The support is fantastic and really needs 10 stars not 5. Its easy to configure has all the integrations with Xero and mail chimp we need and its fast.

Cons

Some of the fields require opening and saving as opposed to modern just enter fields.

Graham

Reviewed on 06/06/2022

Why I Acquired Capsule

My management of clients has improved dramatically.

Pros

CAPSULE is extremely easy to use and is built for users, not programmers.
Developing one's knowledge and understanding developes in easy steps and is well supported by superb documentation

Cons

I have not come across any to date, including webcam training , on line documentation

Response from Zestia

Hi there Graham,

Chloe from Capsule here. It's great to hear that you have found Capsule really easy to use and when you've needed to use them, the support documents have helped you out.

Replied 09/06/2022
Nasr

Reviewed on 04/08/2020

Easy to Use For SME's

I like it very much. Its user friendly and easy to setup. Customer service is first class. Just get some good canned reports set up and it will be great.

Pros

Its ease of use and setup. We were able to setup three users in very little time and get the results that we required. Importing data was easy and setting up custom fields and tags was no problem.

Cons

Reporting could use some depth. For example it would be useful to see customers contacted on a daily, weekly and monthly basis. A section with pre set but customisable reports would be nice

Response from Zestia

Thanks for taking the time to review us Nasr. It's great that you found Capsule so easy to get started with. With regards to the depth of reporting, my colleague Jade from the customer support team has been in touch to help you out with this.

Replied 18/08/2020
Cecile
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 02/10/2020

A user-friendly CRM

Pros

Very useful for contact management, also to manage opportunities and tasks

Cons

Easier integration with MS Outlook to save "sent" emails

Response from Zestia

Hi Cecile,

Thanks for reviewing Capsule. We're happy to hear that you're finding Capsule useful for managing contacts, opportunities and tasks. As for an integration with MS Outlook while it's not currently available it's very much on our radar for future enhancements.

Reviewed on 08/11/2018

The perfect CRM for start ups and fast growing SMBs

Capsule is one of the cornerstones of our sales organisation.

Pros

Good value for money, quick setup, reasonably customizable, easy to use. Good integration with G-Mail and Mailchimp.

Cons

Bulk editing was a bit weak for a long time, but got massively improved this year (2018).
Integration through Zapier with our accounting software Bexio doesn't support our use cases.

Socrates

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Simple, straightforward, and powerful. Great for small teams

The clean user interface and calendar tools / follow-up task management features are great to get things organized and your business focused on driving sales.

Pros

It's intuitive so getting your team on it and started won't be difficult, even if they're not tech savvy. The layout is clean and straightforward too - helps keep the focus on selling (your initial contact with prospects and the required follow up). Priced fairly too.

Cons

If you have a big team, you can probably find other alternatives for what it will end up costing you. The general features are great but once you move into more of the advanced stuff, it can be a headache - those who aren't tech savvy will struggle.