Maus Reviews

4.8

4.8

About Maus

Maus is strategic planning software that integrates financial analysis, business valuation, and exit planning tools. The software caters to business owners, managers, advisors, and consultants who want to improve business...

Browse Maus Reviews

Mitchell
Mitchell

Reviewed on 23/05/2022

Great for advisory automation

Pros

A great tool to help streamline and automate my advisory offerings. I feel more confident presenting myself to prospects

Cons

Nothing comes to mind, some areas of the UI can be improved but I can see that some changes are on the way

Response from Maus Software

Thank you very much for your review of Maus, its great to see you are enjoying the tools. Please don't hesitate to touch base with us if you ever need any assistance with the system!

Replied 11/08/2022
Charles

Reviewed on 18/05/2022

A Tax CPA

So far it has been great. The support has been been "off the board" and the software has given me what I was looking for. Support, Jack, not only had the answers but he also listened to be "explanation" and quickly figure out my issues and how to direct me forward. One of the best support experiences I have had.

Pros

The upload/import feature takes "crunching" the numbers out of the equations. In stead of spending "hours" crunching the numbers we get the results quickly and can spend more time analyzing and implementing strategies for our customers.

Cons

Being a tax person, I have that need to know the numbers. So, I had to train myself to accept the details and work with the results.

Response from Maus Software

Thanks for the review Charles! We greatly appreciate you sharing your Maus experience, and hope to continue to provide you with the outstanding service you have already received as you continue to utilize our tools within your business.

Wishing you all the best from the team here, thanks again for utilizing our tools within your practice and for leaving a review!

Replied 23/05/2022
Kevin

Reviewed on 24/03/2022

New User Review - as a Business Coach/Consultant

So far I have found the software to be very good and appears to provide what I need for my business and Clients.

Pros

The software brings together a number of commonly-used tools in a professional interface with a good deal of the "mundane" work already completed.

The availability of training material (incl. videos) and regular weekly online webinar meetings is tremendous but the ready availability of support by email and phone is simply extraordinary in these times of call centres and AI.

Cons

Whilst I have so far always found a solution (sometimes with help) I find parts of the navigation a bit clunky.

Response from Maus Software

Thankyou for the Great Review! We are very happy to hear the software and support team has been able to assist you with systemizing your practice! Let us know if you need any further assistance down the line !

Replied 05/04/2022

Top Maus Alternatives

Reviewed on 17/06/2021

Client Needs Analysis

I can safely say that my dealings with MAUS have been beyond my expectations. Getting up and running was very simple and the coaching and advice from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] subsequently has been of massive value.

Most unusually, the process of getting schooled by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has been enjoyable and his ability to interpret and work out what training would be most valuable has been superb.

Pros

What I like most about the Client Needs Analysis is the profound effect it has on the recipient business owner. The psychology of asking a series of questions and having the owner answer them is not apparent until the report is generated.

In my experience, many business owners are profoundly affected by having what they said reflected back at them. It is very engaging and makes it much easier to engage them with the subsequent products. This shit really works.

Cons

Every piece of software has its unfortunate little glitches and annoyances. The Client Needs Analysis loses a couple of points because it requires manual saving of a page which is a feature I thought had been dispensed with long ago.

I have lost significant amounts of work because of this but have now disciplined myself to save every page religiously.

Response from Maus Software

Hi John! Thank you very much for your kind words, its great to hear that have been able to take advantage of our Consulting & Advisory tools. Thank you for your feedback and the save feature on MAUS. Because of these feedbacks we are able to keep improving MAUS. Have a great day!

Replied 21/06/2021
larry

Reviewed on 07/09/2021

Phenomenal Tool for Exit Planners and Value Advisors.

I use the tool with all my customers and recently started doing one off projects on specific request by the customers and have found the software very helpful.

Pros

The software allowed me to begin my consulting practice immediately. I am both certified advisor with Maus and the Exit-Planning-Institute. It allowed me to do discovery meetings and value enhancement projects. I would not be where I am today without the software’s help.

Cons

Previously all software support was out of Australia, they are in the process of building those capabilities in the United States and once that’s completed the software will be perfect

Response from Maus Software

Thank you Larry for your kind words, we really appreciate it. You're a fantastic advisor to have in the network and we look forward to working with you into the future. Feel free to reach out to the team if you have any questions or queries :)

Replied 20/09/2021

Reviewed on 08/08/2022

MAUS creates value

The overall experience was impressive , the sale , purchase, activation, set up, and continued check in from the support team to ensure a happy customer. The concise dashboarding is supportive of customer presentations and without doubts creates value for the user and customer.

Pros

The software was easy to use and after sales support was exceptional. The logical processes facilitated meaningful direction and understanding for clients.

Cons

No aspect stands out that I did not enjoy, but I did not get a chance to fully explore the integration with other products.

Response from Maus Software

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, Andrew! We greatly appreciate your comments, its great to hear about the wholly positive experience you have had.

Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything at all. We love hearing from our customers!

Replied 11/08/2022
Graham
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 14/12/2022

Extremely useful tools

Great team to work with. Very responsive and listen to my individual needs.

Pros

MAUS is extremely powerful without it taking unnecessary time or effort to drive. It has a great suit of DIY strategic planning, execution and management tools that have allowed me identify opportunities to further grow the business

Cons

Certainly nothing that has presented itself

Response from Maus Software

Hi Graham,
Thanks for taking the time to leave a great review of Maus. We look forward to brining you some great updates soon and working with you in the future as you continue to grow your business.

Reviewed on 20/12/2022

Maus Software review

I've been using it for over 7 years now and I wouldn't be without it

Pros

The software is so encompassing that it can be used in so many different situations.Lots of training videos are available, plus telephone support

Cons

Because it's encompassing, it does take a while to master it.

Response from Maus Software

Thanks, John for taking the time to leave a review of your experience with Maus. Wishing you all the best from the team here, thanks again for utilizing our tools within Your Business Freedom and we look forward to continuing working with you.

Katie

Reviewed on 13/03/2019

Great customer service

We needed a system that was up to date with relevant laws and easy to get up and going. It also needed to be affordable. The team were great to deal with and so far it has lived up to what we needed it for.

Pros

Ease of use and the MAUS team were always there if I needed help.

Cons

It's a bit 'clunky' in look and use, especially when it comes to compliance of staff of entire policies to read and sign off on.

Ana
Ana
  • Industry: Wholesale
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 27/04/2019

Fantastic tool for doing business

It's a fantastic online software for doing business in medium and large sized sompanies.

Pros

It's relatively simple but powerful online tool for doing business. Interesting and practical "Project" tools. Nice and understandable data analysis. Whole concept and structure is a fantastic one.

Cons

It's not so much focused on business plan making but it's primary role is focused on business performance (and it's doing it fantastically). Declared price is too high for start ups. Response time MUST be better. Not for small companies. Real time errors are occurring sometimes.

Rob

Reviewed on 22/12/2022

MAUS as an Advisory Toolkit

We have been on the journey with the MAUS team - great listening from [SENSITIVE CONTENT] and the wider team!

Pros

Twenty years of experience embedded in the toolkit and resources.A very useful toolkit, especially as you are developing your advisory practice.Currently lots of investment in the user interface ... a big tick!

Cons

A lot of the old site is not designed to be intuitive.A refinement and reduction of resources to the key kit - requires the removal otr hiding ofdated info/

Response from Maus Software

Thanks for the review Rob! We greatly appreciate you sharing your Maus experience, and look forward to bringing some exciting updates to the platform soon. Wishing you all the best from the team here, thanks again for utilizing our tools within BSP Advisory and for leaving a review!

Trevor

Reviewed on 06/04/2022

Excellence at your fingertips

With many decade of experience I found the MAUS product is a breath of fresh air with its comprehensive diagnostics, analysis and reporting. The range of challenging questions to table seem to have evolved from a diverse mind set of experienced business owners, coaches, users and designers. This makes the software extremely impactful and relevant to business development. A Real World platform with Real World application.

Pros

Comprehensive diagnostics analysis and reporting

Cons

Nothing to date. There are a lot of good facilities in this very wide data capturing platform

Response from Maus Software

Thanks for the amazing review! We are very happy to hear that the software has been treating you well and is a 'breath of fresh air'. Don't hesitate to reach out with any further question's down the line !

Replied 11/04/2022
Jessica

Reviewed on 29/10/2021

Above and Beyond other services

Pros

The company goes above and beyond, the product is also very easy, user friendly and straightforward

Cons

If we had negative we would've cancelled after the first sub