About TaxDome

TaxDome is an accounting practice management software designed to help bookkeepers, accounting firms, and certified public accountants (CPAs) manage both internal practice management (workflow, CRM, reporting) and for client-facin...

4.7
4.7

Browse TaxDome Reviews

Reviewed on 29/03/2022

Worth the learning curve

TaxDome is worth the learning curve. It is going to be very powerful in my business. Even if I don't use every feature they offer, the ones I'm already using have already made the switch worth it.

Pros

Having a very secure signature feature was the biggest thing. I also like the chat function that includes giving the clients tasks and a to-do list.

Cons

There is absolutely a learning curve. I have not done the white glove onboarding yet, so they may help with that, but I am a tech savvy person who loves to learn new software, and I have not found the layout intuitive.

I also wish there was a way to do more scheduled sends/uploads. But my clients will just learn that I sometimes work very odd hours (even if I won't respond to their emails at those times)

Dubsado

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Dubsado does not have a secure signature feature and no audit trail. I am not convinced that a contract signed there would hold up in a court if something went wrong.

Dubsado

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

I wanted to have a secure way to receive signatures and the other products I looked at did not have secure signatures

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Jennifer, your feedback is valuable to us.

Our suggestion is to definitely book onboarding sessions with our specialists as they could certainly help speed up the learning process.

Our support is completely free and unlimited, and you can book a training session whenever you want simply by clicking on the question mark icon in the top right corner of your portal.

Replied 30/03/2022
Tyler

Reviewed on 08/07/2022

Great Overall All-In-One Software But Client Communication Needs Improvement

One other thing that can be cleaned up is the Academy. Just having a list of a hundred videos is difficult to find what I am looking for. If this was organized better, I may learn better ways to utilize TD.

Pros

I like the security and the portal the most. It is one of the most important needs. The workflows can be made as complex or as simple as I would like and they make work more efficient.

Cons

I would like the ability to edit documents directly in the TD environment. The messaging feature is severely lacking. It would be nice if there was a main messaging page in the left panel. It would bring up a list of all messages, instead of having to go to the client then to their messages. As we do more than just taxes, and we offer bookkeeping services, it would be nice if we could link QBO to TD in a way that when the account Uncategorized Expenses in QBO, TD would send a chat out asking what the transaction was for. The would be able to select from the list of accounts currently in QBO.

Karbon and Ignition

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Tax partner had already purchased this when we formed our company, so we decided to stay with it.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for your detailed feedback, Tyler. We appreciate the ideas you shared with us.

Documents can be edited with our PDF editor, or if you open up a document on the TaxDome drive and make changes, it will be saved to TaxDome as well.

As for your other ideas, I would like to refer you to our a Feature Request Board, which is available to our paying subscribers. Firms can submit feature requests and upvote existing ones. The requests with the most votes get prioritized.

We would like to inform that we are constantly working on the improvement of our features and software.
Please let us know if you have any questions or need assistance with anything. We will be happy to assist you.

Replied 11/07/2022
Aurielle

Reviewed on 11/07/2022

TaxDome Review

TaxDome has improved our overall client communication and organization. However, I believe we could further refine our processes and procedures with my previous suggestions.

Pros

I like the customizable pipelines and email templates and client management options.

Cons

All of the notifications during tax season produced too much clutter. I would like to be able to customize whether I see only emails to me in notifications or if I see emails to all colleagues. I would like to be able to pull a list of contacts AND households all in one list with email addresses included. I would like to be able to set up multiple cadences of tasks/automations within one pipleline. I would like to have sections of pipelines so that we can filter down by Tax pipelines/bookkeeping pipelines. I would like to be able to send recurring emails without having to set up an entire pipeline to do so. I would like to be able to customize invoice cadences on the invoice screen instead of having to stick to a particular date in the pipelines. I would like contracts to be more customizable similar to docusign.

Canopy and Intuit Practice Management

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

I was not with the company when Intuit Practice Management was used, but I recall complaints of too much clutter in the software and it not being useful enough to warrant paying for the service.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Pricing, ability to include multiple signatures on one contract, ability to send contracts to all clients at once.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Aurielle. Your feedback is valuable to us.

Please know that our development team is constantly working on the improvement of our software.
Your suggestions are precious to us, and we would like to inform that we have a board for sharing ideas and requesting features for our paying subscribers.
Please submit your requests to our Feature Request Board, and let them be upvoted. There are already some existing requests regarding the suggestions you made.

If you have any questions, or need assistance with anything else, please let us know. Our support is free and unlimited.

Replied 14/07/2022

Top TaxDome Alternatives

Lloyd

Reviewed on 14/07/2022

Reasonably Priced and Tremendous Power

Pros

The workflow management tools are far superior to other software we used and the customer support team is excellent.

Cons

I consider myself well-versed in software and found that TaxDome was a bit overwhelming at first due to some nomenclature barriers: e.g. contacts vs. accounts; pipelines vs. jobs vs. tasks and the related templates. The UI is also a bit clunky and a bit dated.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Lloyd. Your feedback is valuable to us.

If you need assistance with anything, you can reach us via chat and email or schedule screen-sharing sessions so that we can walk you through the setup and features. We also have a database with help articles, a TaxDome Youtube channel with tutorials, and TaxDome Academy with different courses.

As for the document loss in Canopy, we have no such issues in TaxDome. The TaxDome drive is virtual, and you can access all the documents as long as you are logged to the desktop app and have a connection. You also can access the documents directly from the drive and edit them, without going through the download-edit-upload process.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

Have a great day.

Replied 19/07/2022
Amber

Reviewed on 09/06/2022

New Tax Dome User

I am very pleased overall with Tax Dome. I love that it has the ability to have knowledge based identity verification with the e signatures and the unlimited storage capability. It has taken a few days to transition, but I think I will be very pleased with it.

Pros

My favorite thing about Tax Dome is the price of the electronic signatures and the ability to have a client portal as only one user. Most companies require 3-5 users and e signatures cost a significant amount on top of that. It was also easy to import my client list to create the accounts and contacts to immediately have all of my clients there and ready to go.

Cons

The user interface is a lot more complicated than I'm used to in a client portal, but some of that is because of all of its capabilities. In the beginning, it is a little more difficult to figure out how to get documents and signature requests to the clients.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Amber. Your feedback is valuable to us.

We understand that it may take some time to get used to our software, but once done, the time will definitely pay off.
We give our best to assist with all questions. We also provide our subscribers with help articles, video tutorials and the TaxDome Academy.

If you need assistance with anything, please let us know. Our support is free and unlimited, and we will be more than happy to assist you.

We wish you a great day.

Replied 14/06/2022
myles

Reviewed on 21/06/2022

From HORRIBLE OfficeTools to TaxDome

Pros

TaxDome has an incredible client portal and consolidated multiple pieces of software into one. We used OfficeTools prior and that program is a diseaster **STAY AWAY FROM OFFICETOOLS**. Clients HATED our OfficeTools portal and it created MORE work for us when consolidated source documents. The eSig function of OfficeTools never worked correctly.

Lastly, OfficeTools ended up being my worst business decision. I stupidly got into a long term contract to get better pricings and I am not abandoning the program and will be paying for it for 2 more years. Checking with my attorney because we tested one version of the client portal and then they released new version a month after we signed up and the new version is HORRIBLE.

Cons

No cons. Would be nice if the client portal was more customizable or had dashboards to upload financial information for clients.

Response from TaxDome

Hello Myles. Thank you very much for your detailed feedback. We appreciate it.

Our departments are constantly working on the improvement of our software, creating and implementing new features, and making everything as user-friendly as possible.

We have a Feature Request Board for our paying subscribers where new feature requests can be submitted and existing requests upvoted. Though we can not provide a time frame, I would like to inform that we do have plans for making the interface more customizable in the future.

If you have any questions, or need assistance with anything please let us know. Our support is free and unlimited.

We wish you a great day.

Replied 27/06/2022
Summer

Reviewed on 28/06/2022

TaxDome brings value to our firm

Pros

TaxDome is one of the best options for accounting firms looking for practice management. It’s scalable and reduces overhead expenses since you are able to eliminate so many other third-party apps managing clients. I highly recommend using TaxDome.

Cons

There’s not anything to dislike. If you try it, you will find value in every part of the system.

Citrix ShareFile, FileCloud, Encyro and TitanFile

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Not enough features in SuitDash and required me to have too many third-party apps.

SuiteDash

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Taxdome offers the best value for the cost.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for the nice feedback Summer. We highly appreciate it. Please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance. Our Support is free and unlimited.

Replied 29/06/2022
Alexander

Reviewed on 24/07/2022

Amazing product overall

Intimidatingly exciting!

Pros

The software seems overwhelmingly incredible. There are so many features that increase efficiencies ten-fold and eliminate several other paid platforms.

Cons

Naturally, the platform is also overwhelmingly difficult to grasp at first. The entire team already spent two weeks understanding everything and I doubt we are anywhere close to being proficient - we are just scratching the surface. I doubt it's a true 'con' but it certainly requires some intellectual power to restrain this beast.

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Too many inefficiencies. Very difficult to scale.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Offers way more features and services

Response from TaxDome

Thank you Alexander. Your feedback is valuable to us. We understand that, due to the numerous features we have, our software can be overwhelming at the beginning. To make it as easy as possible for our subscribers, we have free and unlimited support.

Replied 29/07/2022
Lucille

Reviewed on 22/07/2022

Full featured software

Taxdome has solved my need for an online document management software that allows me to store client tax documents and access them from anywhere.

Pros

The product is easy to use and implement at my firm. It is full of features and seems to be pretty reliable. My favorite feature is the virtual drive, makes document management easy. The onboarding team was very helpful and pleasant.

Cons

I wish I could customize my dashboard view (delete certain sections I don't want to see, move columns)

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Lucille. Your feedback is valuable to us.

As for the dashboard, our team is working on a better layout of the dashboard. In the future, it will be more customizable and appealing.
We also have a Feature Request Board for our paying subscribers. If you wish, you can submit a feature request or upvote requests other firms made. The requests with the most votes get prioritized and eventually developed.

If you need assistance with anything or have questions, please let us know. You can reach us via chat and email, or schedule screen-sharing sessions.

Replied 27/07/2022
Joan

Reviewed on 05/07/2022

Great Software, Easy to Use!

TaxDome has more options and features than TaxAct. We switched for that reason. Clients have a lot less issues with TaxDome than TaxAct.

Pros

I love the e-signature option, as well as the option to remind them to sign. It's nice to request files from clients as well. It helps make document management easier.

Cons

It's definitely not the easiest software to maneuver through. It took me a while to click through everything and figure out what settings were what. I also wish it would notify the client no matter what, just to make it even easier. Importing tax documents into our tax software can be tricky and doesn't always work. It's easier to just fill the form out manually.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Joan. Your feedback is valuable to us.

To make the learning process faster and easier for our subscribers, we have free and unlimited support, and also offer screen-sharing sessions. The sessions are helpful, especially for new subscribers, or for getting features explained. For most actions, clients get a notification via email.

If you have any questions, please let us know. We will be happy to assist you.

Replied 08/07/2022
Austin

Reviewed on 06/08/2022

Great features, great price

The interface is a little confusing for me, but I think that will not be the case when I have everything up and running the way I want.

I also think if you get permissions set up right for your staff, their interface would be simpler

Pros

Before I got licensed, I was using Canopy. When I rebranded my business, I decided to rebuild my tech stack from the ground up.

TaxDome comes in at about 1/3 of the price of Canopy for me (I didn't even have all their features), and it has more functionality. The workflow interface is a Kanban-style board that lets you visualize where products are, and I find it much easier to review that Canopy, where they are just all lumped together as "tasks".

Cons

TaxDome takes a LONG time to get setup . . . but that's because there are so many great features, and it is to your advantage to use them all together. Be prepared to invest significant time crafting your templates, building your organizers, and planning your workflows ("pipelines" in TaxDome).

However, if you do take the time to set these up (there is an online course that walks you through it, and they offer a video-conference onboarding session) I think you'll be thrilled with the results.

Catherine

Reviewed on 06/07/2022

This Is A Game Changer Software For Accountants and Tax Preparers

It is a wonderful software. But it was a challenge learning the software. Not that it was difficult, but that there are so many options and things to learn in order to use the software to its full potential. I honestly don't think, in our office, we are utilizing it fully yet.

Pros

The most impactful part of this software is hard to say. There are so many parts of this software that makes it truly stand out from other software.

1. They are up to making ONGOING improvements to the software. They have an area called "Feature Requests" and everyone who uses their software can document a request they would like to have. Then everyone can review those feature requests and vote up the request if they think it is valuable. The more up-votes the more likely we will see that feature be incorporated into the software. Oh, and we get emails on the new features. We have gotten numerous changes and improvements because of those feature requests. The Tax Dome team really is outstanding for listening and implementing what their customers want. In May alone there were over 25+ new features!

2. I have to absolutely mention that this software allows for seasonal employees. That was HUGE for us! We have an additional 7 individual tax preparers during tax season that in only for tax season.

3. The automatic message reminders to clients, that will remind them again and again until they get you the information you request.

4. You can create your own custom templates to exactly fit your business needs.
I could list more, but you would be reading all day.

Cons

Yes, it is a Pro and a Con. We found there were changes being made to the software during tax season that made it very hard to deal with.
They should only fix the bugs during tax season unless it was something that makes the change an immediate necessity.

I personally don't like the kanban setup. I would like to see the option of an asana or jetpack setup instead. To have that option would be huge. Now that I think of it, I'm going to add that as a feature request. Lol.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you very much, Catherine. Your detailed feedback is very valuable to us.

We are happy that you like our Feature Request Board. Our subscribers' satisfaction is crucial to us, and we love when we get requests first-hand from our customers. There are always great ideas, and we can see which features are the most requested ones, and take a step toward development and implementation.

Since we are very excited about every update, we can't wait to share it with our subscribers. Thank you for letting us know that the timing is not always perfect. We will take this into consideration.

If you have any questions, or need assistance with anythng, please let us know.

Replied 08/07/2022
Miata

Reviewed on 27/05/2022

Best Practice Management for Accountants

Pros

The in-app document management, file storage, and client portal features make client collaboration simple.

Cons

I'd like to be able to start a new timer from the task itself or the app header menu. Syncing stripe invoices and subscriptions with contacts based on their email address. Adding an email address to an account record.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for the review, Miata. Your feedback is valuable to us.

Our team is constantly working on new features, and updates. We also have a Feature Request Board for our paid subscribers where feature requests can be made, and requests other firms made can be upvoted. The requests with the most upvotes get prioritized.

If you have any questions or need assistance with anything please let us know.

Have a great day.

Replied 01/06/2022
Christina

Reviewed on 19/05/2022

TaxDome appears to be everything we have been missing in our firm!

We are seeing that TaxDome will help remove some bottlenecks in our firm. I also have already seen in the short time that we have used TaxDome that they reinvest in their software and are constantly looking at community requests for upgrades and spend time to develop those things.
Their customer service seems to be top-notch so far, and they will have meetings with their users as much as needed.

Pros

We are transitioning to TaxDome from another software, and we love that TaxDome integrates our email into the client dashboard. No matter who received the email it will display for every team member and work is no longer going to be bottlenecked until the individual receiving the email can get to it.

We haven't been able to build out our workflows fully yet, but this is already a major upgrade from our current software.

Cons

Our prior software provided a discounted rate for contractors because they saw that seasonal contractors are not using it all day, every day. TaxDome doesn't have this feature making the use of it way more costly than other competitors.

Asana

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

The prior software just didn't fit our needs anymore as we were growing too fast in comparison to the features they have. The old software is a great option for those wishing to have a small firm or only have one or two people working within a firm. It just was no longer a fit for our needs as we grew.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

TaxDome was able to take our current CRM system (Liscio) that we paired with ClickUp for internal tasks and allows us to combine the two software platforms. This will help with efficiency within our firm. Also, TaxDome allows any team member to view communications that are sent to just my email and act on the requests. This is stress-relieving in itself, as everything was still falling onto just my shoulders to process, regardless of how much I tried to delegate to our team.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for the feedback Christina. We appreciate it. As long as you have one annual subscription, you can subscribe to our monthly subscription for your seasonal members. Please see more details here - https://help.taxdome.com/article/187-taxdome-pricing-faq#1 . Please feel free to reach out to us again if you need further assistance. Our support is free and unlimited.

Replied 24/05/2022
Dale

Reviewed on 05/02/2022

Great for small practices

For firms that are looking for something you can setup and learn in about 8 hours this is the best option in the market. You will spend a lot of time:

- Either creating your organizers or editing the current organizers available in their library. No, there is no import option.
- Creating workflows (pipelines)
- Creating e-mails for automation. Don't waste your time with the HTML formatted e-mails, I spent hours researching a work-around and it doesn't exist.
- Creating contract templates (fortunately we typically only have a few we utilize industry wide)
- Learning the software in general

The fortunate thing is once you've got everything setup, most things won't need much changing in the future, and if they do, you'll have the structures in place and understand how to change things quickly.

Overall this is a great product but it does require an initial time commitment to setup. As long as you're willing to spend that time (or pay someone else to) you'll enjoy the experience.

Pros

You can't beat the cost for what it does. Most of the basic things are easy to setup (adding logo, e-mail sync, etc.) and inviting clients is easy. One thing they don't advertise as much when you're looking in to the software is that they have a desktop app that creates a network folder on your local computer, so you can save directly to taxdome via your file explorer without even opening the browser. That was what sold it for me during my trial period.

Cons

The HTML e-mail formatting is atrocious for automated e-mails and has forced me to look for another solution. They only allow "Simple HTML" so you can't embed or format anything in a way that looks professional once it's received on the client side. I spent about 6 hours trying to figure out a way to get this to work and it just doesn't.

Not having a recurring/automatic billing feature is prohibitive. Most of my clients pay monthly flat-fees and just want to setup payments one time and forget about it. Would be nice if there were more flexibility in this area.

The "white labeling" is great but what they really mean by that is putting your logo in the portal and sign-up/sign-in pages. It still says "powered by taxdome" at the bottom, and when instructing clients to download the app you then have to explain that TD run the software your brand is all over. It's not truly a white label experience, but it's as close as you'll get for the ease of use.

HoneyBook and SuiteDash

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

I spent a lot of time (probably 16 hours) in other software white labeling and setting up only to find barriers along the way. TD has its flaws but it's best value for the money and the easiest to setup of the ones I looked at. Oh... and it's made for accountants.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Dale, your feedback is valuable to us.

We just wanted to let you know that all of our paid users have the option to request new features to be implemented. If you wish to see something changed or upgraded you can always post a feature request by clicking on the question mark icon in the top right corner of your portal.

Replied 30/03/2022
Shabbir

Reviewed on 04/02/2022

Mostly great platform that has a lot to offer

Overall, I've had a great experience so far (though it's only been a couple weeks). However, a few frustrating roadblocks have soured things a little. Without a doubt, the platform solves far more problems than it creates or misses the mark on. I think that by next season, with automations properly set up and some procedures fine-tuned based on my experiences this year, it will be a much smoother process, especially after discovering workarounds for the things that TaxDome cannot do as one would expect.

Pros

The integrated and customizable organizers are pretty great. The logic aspect of them means you can make one master organizer to handle all 1040s instead of having to create different ones for different people or new clients vs existing ones. Within this master organizer, only the relevant questions show based on your clients' answers, so they aren't bombarded with 200 questions irrelevant to their tax situations. The automations also have the potential to save a lot of time and take care of client communication that you wouldn't normally do (eg. status updates) but make the client feel more engaged and seen.

Cons

The file uploader on the website is frustrating for clients to use. You should be able to choose the folder you want to upload files into instead of them all going to the root directory automatically. If someone is an above-average computer user, they'll be fine figuring out the extra steps to upload files then select and move them to the correct place, but I'd expect TaxDome to have made this more user-friendly with the goal of the platform being simplicity. It would also be nice to be able to change things like an organizer after it has been deployed to clients, but that cannot be done. If you send another organizer to cover the things missed, it sends another notification and email to the clients. In my experience, if you bombard anyone with multiple emails or notifications, they will inevitably block or ignore them, which then detracts heavily from the system.

Karbon

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Shabbir. Your feedback is valuable to us.
The clients can actually upload files to any folder with clients can view and edit privacy level. To do so, they will just have to drag and drop the document from their computer to the folder in TaxDome. However, using the Upload document button will allow them just to upload the documents to the Client's Uploaded Documents folder.

There is a request on our Feature Request Board for this, and also for the organizer.
Please take a look here: https://help.taxdome.com/article/203-how-to-request-a-new-feature-i-need
For the email notification, you can turn them off as well.

Replied 31/03/2022
oralia

Reviewed on 18/01/2022

excellence

I have used simliar software and this is by far easier more effective and moderately priced

Pros

Easy and functional great service and works with my preferred tax software

Cons

customer service, is not what I would prefer had trouble reaching and interacting with representative who called me back.

Teamwork and Wave Accounting

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

Did not use enough, not cost effective

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

it is integrated with software

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Name, your feedback is valuable to us.

We're sorry to hear you were not satisfied with our support. Please feel free to reach out to us if there's anything we can do to help. Also, we wanted to let you know that you can book a training session any time by clicking on the question mark icon in the top right corner of your portal. Our support is completely free and unlimited.

Replied 04/04/2022
Lynn

Reviewed on 17/01/2022

Lynco Review of Tax Dome

I have found their tech support technicians to be very responsive. They have a good deal of reference articles. It's like every new program, there's a lot to learn and you have to invest the time.

Pros

That it is designed specifically for tax practices

Cons

There is so much to learn and knowing exactly where to start is a real challenge. The fact that you have only one option to automate in bulk (upon uploading the customer list during import) is a scary process. If something goes wrong, I have a lot of unhappy clients. If I don't make the decision at the beginning, there's no option to do in bulk later. This does not seem practical for a new user. Bulk functions should be available at any time in the process.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Lynn. Your feedback is valuable to us.

To make the learning process faster and easier, we offer screen-sharing sessions. Our specialists explain the features and provide answers to your questions.

Expanding the bulk actions feature is something that we work on. We have a Feature Request Board for paying customers, and there are many requests regarding the bulk actions.

If you wish you can have a look here for how to request or upvote a feature:

Replied 01/04/2022
Lynnorra

Reviewed on 12/01/2022

One-Stop-Shop for Accountants

I have been able to drastically reduce other subscriptions in my technology stack by approximately $2,300/year by leveraging Tax Dome.

Pros

I love that billing, client portal, document sharing, and communications between the firm and the client is so seamless! I use this to manage my practice and scale services in one place. This has been a huge time saver for me without having to switch between multiple systems just to send a email or request key documents.

Cons

At this moment, TaxDome doesn't allow for reoccurring payments for monthly clients but this is on their roadmap for implementation. Additionally, just understanding where "FIRM LEVEL" documents can be stored for team use is another place to understand how to be more efficient. I was able to solve for this by making my firm an account and portal to use just like clients! Lastly, I do think it is a huge upfront investment when you have a team of 5 or more, but the annual savings is key here.

Dubsado and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

I enjoyed that everything was in one place.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Tax Dome has a Accounting Firm Focus and useful templates that assist with workflow management and automation.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you very much, Lynnorra. Your feedback is much appreciated.

You can upload documents to the Private folder since this will be visible to you.
But, you already found a great solution, it can be more convenient and organized to have a separate account for your firm documents.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Replied 01/04/2022
Braddock

Reviewed on 30/12/2021

Great Value for all the Features

TaxDome is still new, but so far the experience has been excellent. We have our first client jobs in the pipelines and we're very happy so far. The workflow setup is a work in progress to be refined and improved as we go along. We found the TaxDome online documentation and videos to be very helpful.

Pros

We wanted a core platform for virtual tax preparation. The shortest technology stack the better. Our main tax preparation software is great at tax preparation, but were looking for something that could do all the rest. We did trials of a few names, but TaxDome stood out from the beginning. We liked the flexibility and customization available throughout TaxDome, particularly in the templates for almost every customer touch point. We liked the free eSignatures and the reasonably priced KBA. We liked the integrated payments and the ability to link invoices and documents approvals to workflow automation. We liked the ability to create a client self-onboarding environment. We liked the ability to customize a fairly sophisticated initial information intake (ie online tax organizer) through the conditional question building tools provided. Overall, what we liked the most is the value for what you get with TaxDome.

Cons

There is a learning curve around the automation functions, and getting used to the TaxDome nomenclature around jobs, piplines, and tasks. Setting up your workflow can be time-consuming, especially if you're a perfectionist with your templates, etc. We wish some of the system generated messages were templated/configurable. There is some awkward writing/verbiage here and there within the program. We wish there was a configurable default template for client notification preferences. We didn't like the non-customizable invoice or that there's nothing really to print or save PDF for a client. It's more a payment prompt than an invoice. We like the ability to move/drag/save files outside of TaxDome (ex: from the file structure of our main tax preparation software) into TaxDome, but we wish there was an auto-sync like other local drive to cloud drive services.

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Value, customization, automation, mobile-friendly development

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for your detailed feedback, Braddock. We highly appreciate it.

The setup can be time-consuming, but to assist you the best we can, and make the learning process faster and smoother, we offer onboarding sessions with screen-sharing and live support via chat and email.
As for the modification of the system-generated messages, there already are requests for this on our Feature Request Board. Please feel free to upvote.
The opinions of our subscribers are most valuable, and we are trying to improve our software according to the requests.
If you have any questions, please reach out. We will be happy to assist you.

Replied 04/04/2022
Melissa

Reviewed on 13/12/2021

Taking your tax practice into the future - virtually

Even after the trial period with TaxDome, I had a false idea it would be so easy to set it up and have it take over so much. Spoiler: You have to do a lot of setup to make it that way. BUT, once the setup is complete, it's personalized to your brand. And it speeds up the whole process. And the cost savings - excellent. As an industry, we drag our feet with new changes. Going virtual has had many challenges. But, TaxDome is doing an excellent job of managing some of the big ones.

Pros

What sold me on TaxDome initially, was the secure portal and the signature capability for my clients. When I ran the numbers (because if you're reading this, you have run the numbers) the savings was substantial. What has kept me on, is the fact that I can print my documents straight into my client folders - huge time saver. And the pipelines I'm learning to use. I can see how it will make things more efficient and at the same time, provide bettter service for my clients.

Cons

I feel like the there should be a better displayed to do list or calendar of due dates. I'm currently (but keep in mind, I'm still learning how to use pipelines and tasks and jobs) keeping a list of tasks and returns and projects on excel.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you very much, Melissa. Your feedback is much appreciated.

The setup can take some time, but to cut the time you would have to spend, you can always book an onboarding session, so that our team can assist you, and provide further explanations if needed.

For the to-do list and calendar, there already are feature requests for this on our Feature Request Board. Please feel free to upvote the ones you would like to have. Naturally, we can not develop all requested features, only the feature requests with the most votes get on our roadmap.

Replied 06/04/2022
Taylor

Reviewed on 10/12/2021

The Software We Knew, Gone

The very first feature that needs to be complimented in this software is their product development teams and their customer service. I was attracted to Taxdome's features like anyone else would be when looking at it from almost two years ago. Once I was a customer of theirs though and could see the effort they put into answering their customers on Facebook and communicating when something is broken, getting community feedback and votes to decide the next project, and using open community testers for new features. THEN you have this beautifully designed and functional while simple to use software that has completely changed my firm into what I was trying to use ClickUp and four or five other software to accomplish what I can do today by simply sitting down and logging in to one software. It gets better, there are community-voted features and requests getting completed almost weekly so it's not even the same software it was when we started.

Pros

- Project Management, the way accountants, need it to be.
- Phenomenal portal and client management
- They have the best pipe designers and pipe layers and just great, great pipes
- Document mark-up in the client portal
- E-signature and KBA is awesome!

Cons

- It's complex, but it's manageable
- Invoicing could use some love
- Shortcodes --- I could soapbox about why shortcodes are available in some screens and not others, or why the shortcodes are so limited, but I'm not going to....
- Little to no integration with Zapier, it's there, but it's far from developed

Response from TaxDome

Thank you, Taylor. Your feedback is much appreciated.

We are happy to have such detailed feedback because the needs and opinions of our customers are very important to us.

We are continuously working on the improvement of our software and its features.
We have been working on updating the shortcodes, we also have ongoing plans for the invoice feature and the Zapier integration since there was some feature request.

We have a Feature Request Board for our paying subscribers. Please feel free to request the features you would find useful, and you also can upvote already existing requests posted by other firms.

Replied 11/04/2022
Patrice

Reviewed on 22/11/2021

Just The Tool Needed to Help My Virtual Firm Scale to that Next Level

I am looking for a streamline process where I can see the flow as to how things move in my virtual accounting and taxation firm and this will allow me to do that while automating workflows. That alone will save me so much time as I put this together.

Pros

Currently I am only going to be using a few of the options that are in the software and am going to transition my clients into using more of the software over the next year. My primary thing that I am looking for is using the CRM, Email and Automated Workflow Options. Oh yeah the unlimited e-signatures is a plus, because I have been going back and forth in between systems and this has been costing my time. I love the fact that I will be able to just come into one system, and watch the workflows go and clearly be able to know when clients AND prospects have done what I need them to do. I want to know as much about client needs before that initial touch point and I know that this is the tool that my firm needs to be able to do just that as we scale.

Cons

Honestly I couldn't locate the webinars easily. I am not saying that I wanted to avoid the Demos, but I would love to have know where the webinars were located sooner so that I could watch the videos since I signed up on a weekend.

Dubsado, Zoho CRM and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing TaxDome

I am looking to streamline my processes and procedures. I currently use Clientwhys as my website, marketing, and portal, but I need a better clearer view and I need the ability to actually automate workflows all in one location.

Adobe Acrobat Sign and Trello

Reasons for Switching to TaxDome

Response from TaxDome

Thank you for that amazing feedback Patrice. You can check our webinars on this link http://taxdome.com/webinars and our Youtube Academy. Please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance. Our support is free and unlimited.

Replied 03/12/2021
Maria

Reviewed on 12/11/2021

Time saver

I like it so far, and the functionalities are going to save me time. There is a learning curve though. I have been watching videos, attending webinars, etc. I think that when everything is set up is going to be great.

Pros

The ability to create automation for some processes and that is going to save time so I will be able to help more clients and give them more attention. The hub that integrates website, client portal, invoice management, engagement letter, Tax Organizers, e-signature all at an affordable price.

Cons

I had some issues with the client database import (due to my CSV file configuration, so no TD fault), I had to manually create contacts (spouses), and fill out client information, which was time consuming. I think that there is a learning curve for all the functionalities (and because I am new to this). Although the unlimited support is very handy, I like to do things myself to understand how it works.

Response from TaxDome

Hi Maria, thank you for the review. We appreciate it. We understand that you're still trying to learn everything, please feel free to contact us if you need further assistance. Again, our support is free and unlimited.

Replied 22/11/2021
Will

Reviewed on 21/10/2021

Great customer service and great development team with Taxdome

It's been easy to onboard our users and we've enjoyed our experiences so far.

Pros

Your development team and customer support has been great to work with. Where the company is notably still developing, the support team is incredibly receptive to feedback and really supportive in onboarding and migrating users. Some of the best support I've seen.

Additionally the document management system, attaching invoices to documents and the client portal shows signs that your teams have been able to capture many of the industries pain points. It gives me faith in your development team that you all will be able to continue to build out great features.

Cons

The UI is clunky. There are other ways to structure the platform to be more functional that I think would be generally more efficient and there are some errors that could be worked through with a few UI specialists. I'd reach out to some of your younger practice users/technology driven ones and doing some video sessions having them do a walkthrough of their working day and have them talk about some of the UI problems.

The user permissions are tough I appreciate that they can be toggled but The direct message feature should be able to be toggled as well.

I'd also love a direct payroll provider integration such as ADP. Because you all are doing full practice management with a time tracking feature. A great function would be to build out a payroll integration so that firm owners could easily run payroll for their employees.

Response from TaxDome

Thank you so much for the nice feedback, Will! We highly appreciate it. We aim to continuously improve our product. We have a feature request board for paying subscribers to submit requests and upvote request from other firms. the features with the most upvotes get prioritized. Please feel free to contact us if you need assistance. Our support is free and unlimited.

Replied 26/10/2021