RevolutionEHR Reviews

About RevolutionEHR

RevolutionEHR is a cloud-based electronic health record (EHR) solution built specifically for optometry practices. RevolutionEHR includes a complete EHR, medical billing, patient scheduling, medical accounting and a picture...

Browse RevolutionEHR Reviews

Darcy/April
Darcy/April

Reviewed on 07/10/2017

This is my first experience with "paperless" records- wholly an excellent, easy to use product.

quickly keep track of inventory, check the schedules, use anywhere there is a reliable internet connection- I've been on vacation and been able to help staff answer questions and complete records. Its a reliable work horse.

Pros

The ease of use in record taking- with training and familiarity, it became second nature within a few days. Its even better once patient's return for their repeat exams in subsequent years. I'll use the phrase, "How did I get along before this?" I love how much more complete I can make the record- recording even more detail than I did with paper records. I highly recommend this product, but, its going to cost you.

Cons

The inability to easily take a previous report (for eg. Diabetic reports to physicians), transfer it forward and just modify the date and few particulars. Also, the inability to easily reorder the same contact lenses, but with the updated rx- the current system requires the entire order to be started from scratch again. The drawing feature is unwieldy.

Mohammed

Reviewed on 04/12/2021

New Sublease EHR

From start to finish, it was amazing. I immediately got connected with a sales rep who was very upfront about costs and value added to my new office. Thereafter I worked with [SENSITIVE CONTENT] to implement the software and she was AMAZING! Since my initial virtual calls with her, I have reached out a few more times to her needing help with the EHR and she returned my calls/emails every time. I have 2 other offices and will hopefully grow to more offices and will use Rev exclusively because of the customer service and support I have received thus far. Thank you!

Pros

I loved all the preset features of the software. There was very little for me to add in and that saved a ton of time while starting a new office.

Cons

Some of the new HTML formatting in the software is a nuisance but overall very happy with Rev.

Reasons for Switching to RevolutionEHR

The interface and ease of use of Rev far surpassed the other companies.
Heeyoon

Reviewed on 11/06/2024

Very disappointed with revolutionEHR's customer service and integration with revbilling.

Pros

I really didn't have much issue with RevolutionEHR but once they partenered with chirotouch their quality of service declined.

Cons

Customer service and client management when trying to integrate revbilling and revclear. RevBilling was the worst choice I have made in running a business and fraudulent service.

Top RevolutionEHR Alternatives

Charlotte

Reviewed on 11/03/2024

Easy and effective

very positive. love the simplicity and thoroughness at the same time.

Pros

very friendly to new staff members joining on, seasoned staff members, and optometrists prescribing and charting.

Cons

maintenance shutdowns occur more than I'd like

Eyefinity EHR
Qurtullean

Reviewed on 10/03/2021

So easy so efficient

Its been fabulous learning a new system is always intimidating but my rev team [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] really made it pleasant and I don't think I could function without Revolution EHR in my practice!

Pros

Very easy to learn integrates with all my other equipment and everything is on auto-pilot

Cons

My practice locations are in 2 different states and that was difficult to integrate but of course [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] were able to help find a solution very quickly!

My Vision Express and Eyefinity OfficeMate

Reasons for Switching to RevolutionEHR

highly recommended by colleagues also most commonly used.
Matt

Reviewed on 30/07/2021

RevolutionEHR just makes sense, which allows me to give more of my focus to patient care

After using many other optometry specific EHR programs, logging into RevolutionEHR feels like crawling in your own bed after a week out of town. Rev is laid out the way my mind works, allowing me to spend less time and effort thinking about charting, and give more attention to clinical decision making and interacting with patients.

Pros

It just makes sense. You'd think that'd be a given with any modern EHR, but it truly isn't. The exam flow, check boxes, drop down menus, and free-type boxes are available where they should be and aren't placed unnecessarily where they shouldn't. After using other

Cons

Sure, if I were the software designer making Rev, I'd tweak a thing or two. But I honestly don't have any serious complaints.

Crystal Practice Management

Reasons for Choosing RevolutionEHR

Other programs require too many clicks and redundant typing, all while summarizing and showing less relevant information I need to see on the fly.

Reasons for Switching to RevolutionEHR

RevolutionEHR's downtime is considerably less than Crystal's
Julie
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 11/08/2020

RevolutionEHR

One of the best things I’ve encountered so far was the helpfulness of staff from the device transfer team (specifically Paul). He has gone above and beyond my expectations and has been extremely easy to work with.

Pros

I really like how you can customize everything to make flow more efficient.

Cons

Calendar system. I wish you were able to look at more than one day at a time. A full week overlook would be very beneficial

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Great Software for Inventory Needs

I use this daily to track customer eyecare health. Data is simple to access when uploading retinal images with our Optos machine. If you plan on having the most current technology for eyecare, you need RevolutionEHR.

Pros

This software met my needs to managing my inventory and clients. It's constantly improving and receiving major updates that are extremely helpful. Most importantly, the reporting in the software is easy to use and Excel friendly. This is the best software I found to manage both customers and product while being HIPAA compliant.

Cons

This isn't really a software issue, but customer service could be better. Their software team can take a long time to get back to you if you have any requests or issues with a report that won't pull.

• Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 23/08/2019

If you MUST go to an EHR... it is one to consider

They were fine. ERH's are a pain and may make it easier to find a record... but make it much harder to be on a doctor-to-patient level with those sitting in my exam chair.

Pros

The set up people were greats. They made sure that you took lessons and got every question answered.

Cons

SO MANY SCREENS!
When we got a demo, they showed us the many screens that comprise an exam... it was overwhelming. Then they showed us a single screen set up that had everything on one page... That was much better... but they never got it implemented on my office's version.

Eyefinity EHR
Samara

Reviewed on 05/06/2024

Great! Use it daily!

Nothing but good! I love the simplicity and the ability to always keep learning.

Pros

I love the ease of the whole system. It makes my job easier.

Cons

Not being able to link people as easily as needed.

Lori

Reviewed on 31/05/2022

my one concern

Overall a 4 out of 5 stars

Pros

I find it easy for new employees to navigate. Training videos are very helpful. Customer service is outstanding,

Cons

Program changes that do not make sense. For example when I run a Deposit Slip report the mandatory range dates- WHY? just Why? It just created MORE unnecessary clicks to get to my end result. Program changes over a long weekend at the first of the month when we are all pulling our hair out trying to get billing statements out...

Response from RevolutionEHR

Hi Lori,

Thank you for your review of RevolutionEHR. We're glad you are having a positive experience, and we apologize that the software is not blowing you away. We have sent your comments back to our product team so they can make adjustments accordingly. Please reach out if you have any other comments or questions about RevolutionEHR - we are always here to help!

Best,
Your RevolutionEHR team

Replied 13/06/2022
Patrick

Reviewed on 30/04/2013

We are a 4 OD and 1 MD practice with 9 exam lanes. Our last software upgrade with our previous vendor was the last straw, being way to slow, way too 'click-y', and infested with bugs. One bug gets fixed and another pops up. I don't think the version was ever tested in an exam room. Very frustrating.

We made the decision to change vendors.

In our search, we had the following criteria: must meet meaningful use criteria; must be Optometry/Ophthalmology based and not a modification of another specialty; developers must be eye care specific and have intimate knowledge of eye care practice and exam room flow; software must integrate medical records, billing, scheduling and optical in the same program; intuitive in design and flow; on-demand, on-line training for staff; some of the lesser criteria came down to feel, flow, and visual aesthetics.

Though we found several good programs, RevolutionEHR was an easy decision once we had done all our homework and research.

We are in the training phase of implimentation and have a 'go live' date of June 1st, 2013. The training is on-line and available 24/7 which is a huge plus. Though 'live' training is available, we found the 'self-guided' training program to work well for our clinic, since we are already fluent with EHR basics. The program is very intuitive and flows nicely through the exam or office visit.

Another big plus is the 'sandbox'. Basically, this is the mirror image of your regular practice software that you and your staff can play in and practice without the worry of 'crashing the system'. We've set up our office parameters in the sandbox, and will train our current and future employees there. Since it's exactly the same as the 'live' version, it's an easy transition and staff is not stressed or worried about making a mistake. If they're working on something new, they try it in the sandbox first.

In terms of training resources, Revolution uses "Insights", their web-based site as a one-stop access to all the information you need including pre-recorded webinars, videos, blogs and FaceBook interaction.

We're not live yet, but so far so good. Stay tuned. I rated 4/5 stars because we're just getting started and don't have enough experience to give it 5 stars, but I'm anticipating they will earn the 5th star.

Karen
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 10/01/2018

not responsive to how I want to practice

I work part time at the office where I use Revolution, and I would not have it in my office. Perhaps I would feel differently with additional training (I had about 30 minutes to show me a few of the features). But I don't think so, reading back over my "cons" list.

Cons

1. About 9 clicks required to print a glasses Rx, after the Rx is entered. Why so many?
2. Does not have newer contacts in the data base, and will not allow me to enter them manually. Have to hand write rx's and scan them in. Can't list trials dispensed either, for the same reason.
3. When data is entered using drop down boxes, and a diagnosis is indicated (e.g. kerititis) only refractive diagnoses are in the final list. Very difficult to add diagnoses. Cannot just type in an ICD 10 code manually. It has to be found in Revolution's list, which simply is not sufficient.
4. Some of the choices are just plain silly. E.G. under cover test, ortho is listed as "no motion", and ther is no phoria listings, only tropias. I have to write in "notes" if there is a phoria. And there are many more examples.
5. Only one spectacle Rx is allowed. I haven't figured out a way to write additional Rx's such as computer glasses, or other special use rx's. "Near refraction" can't be brought forward for reading glasses. Split adds are not allowed.
6. Occasionally I have added screens and later had the screens and all the data entered to inexplicably disappear. When you have an exam turn up blank, when you remember writing notes, chief complaints, etc., it is infuriating, and dangerous for patient care.

Anna

Reviewed on 08/12/2021

I love my RevEHR Team!

Pros

This software is an awesome 1-stop shop. All records are housed in one software system and we were able to access records even during the pandemic shutdown when all of our offices were closed. We could still service our customers and patients by being able to access the system remotely. We could not have done that if we were using paper files in the office.

Cons

There is nothing we do not like about this software

Andrea

Reviewed on 28/07/2021

My thoughts

The customers service is fantastic! Any time I do not know how to do something in the system, I can call for help and they walk me through how to put it in. They are so helpful and friendly! [SENSITIVE CONTENT] was epecially wonderful today to help me with a very complicated transaction in the accounting.

Pros

I like the demographic information and how we integrate with Weave to make it easy to send patient reminders and notify of product in. Overall, the system is pretty easy to use.

Cons

It is difficult to make changes in the accounting. I get lost at times with all of the different invoices and figuring out how to make changes or corrections when needed.

Dan

Reviewed on 07/07/2021

I appreciate the exceptional customer service

The knowledgeable customer service has good response time and has always been "on target" for figuring out any problem I had. The customer service representatives: 1) have an optometry background, and 2) are not located in a foreign country, making communication ideal. RevolutionEHR cares about its clients!

Pros

The integrity of the company. I confidently achieved Meaningful Use (MU) because Rev (and later RevAssure) worked to educate me to do things correctly. I was "bulletproof "when audited, thanks to the thorough tutelage and efforts of [SENSITIVE CONTENT]

Cons

Cumbersome, not intuitive. Learning curve was challenging.

Rae

Reviewed on 11/03/2021

Easy to use, adaptable and user friendly.

We have used Revolution Software for about eight years. They have helped to meet the demands of our ever changing needs. As of recent, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has led us through a move of data from multiple offices into one. She has made the process easy and seamless. We have appreciated her and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from the Data Conversion Specialist team's aid in our smooth transition. Revolution's hard work to meet the needs of their clients in this every changing world does not go unnoticed. They definitely go the extra mile!

Pros

Easy to use and adaptable for different practices and needs.

Cons

We cannot think of anything that I would change. User friendly for sure!!!!

Natalia

Reviewed on 02/10/2017

Easy to use and simple to explain to others

Pros

I love how easy to use and simple to explain to others this software is! I was able to learn and teach my coworkers how to use the software in less than a month. The transition from one software to another was very smooth. Every time there is a new upgrade, the webinars are excellent and the transition to the new view/features is seamless.

Cons

There are some limitations of course, things here and there within the ability to submit claims, post insurance payments, editing invoices and some order steps that could have more customization for the offices, but I can live with them.

George

Reviewed on 10/06/2024

Not happy!!!!

Frustrating. Capable of everything, but always not completely functional. Support almost never resolves any issues.

Pros

Attempts to do everything for an office.

Cons

The lack of insight for what the practitioner needs and the unwillingness to take any steps to improve core functions that are advertised as .
..........

Reviewed on 11/03/2021

Customer service is amazing!

I have been so impressed with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] as she has spearheaded a data conversion for a merger for my office. She has been instrumental in making the change better with each conversion.

Pros

I have used this software for years, and the flexibility is such an amazing part. I love that I can tailor it to my needs, which may be different than another user in the same office.

Cons

I wish there was a bit more customization and efficiency. The efficiency has improved dramatically, and continues to do so.

Carolyn

Reviewed on 17/03/2020

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] solved my unusual situation

I had a situation where a patient passed prior to picking up his glasses. We needed to return the glasses and refund the wife. While I was unable to figure it out on my own, once [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] walked me through it, it was totally intuitive and easily done. Her instructions were very easy to follow!

Pros

easy to use; technical support always available via live chat

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of anything short of me being able to completely customize everything...in which case I would be a programmer and I wouldn't be seeing patients!

chelsey

Reviewed on 24/05/2022

Good

Good.

Pros

This product is easy to use and makes scheduling easy. I am able to link this product to weave for additional support.

Cons

I don't like the bugs. Sometimes it is slow to load and log-in, I get logged out sometimes and things do not refresh quickly.

Response from RevolutionEHR

Hi Chelsey,

Best,
Your RevolutionEHR team

Replied 13/06/2022
Amy

Reviewed on 28/09/2017

love it!, user friendly, easy to use and easy to customize for what you want

user friendly

Pros

easy to use, in the cloud so can access anywhere wifi connection, customizeable, updates push out automatically overnight, so no down time to install them

Cons

usually when there is an update some things are improved but it will break something else that is not related to what is being updated! And it's frustrating to have to try to see patients, chart on paper and then go back to re-enter things or not have access to placing order and having pricing.

Leah

Reviewed on 10/03/2021

Wonderful Software

Pros

RevolutionEHR is easy to use, has a great appearance, and they are great about updating their software to keep customers up-to-date with the rapid changes that are continuously being made in the eye care industry. The customer support team is fabulous when it comes to responsiveness and you can tell they truly do care about you!

Cons

Honestly, I have nothing bad to say about Rev.

Randy

Reviewed on 28/09/2017

We migrated over from a clunky EMR to Rev EHR and we haven't looked back since.

More efficiency and less HA than with previous EHR. Rev EHR also integrates with several 3rd party vendors like Solution Reach which the previous EHR didn't.

Pros

It meets all our needs. It has everything that you would want in a full EHR. It's quite customizable and has a lot of built-in features to help save time and be more efficient in patient workflow. I like how the company is forward-thinking and always working to make the product better and better, and not settling for the status-quo

Cons

It's still using flash and we have the occasional flash player crash where we have to reload again.