Deel Reviews

Visit Website

About Deel

Deel is a cloud-based payroll and compliance software that simplifies international hiring for businesses of all sizes. With automated onboarding, payroll, and compliance, companies can hire anyone, anywhere in just a few...

Browse Deel Reviews

Becka
Becka
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 14/04/2023

The best solution for our small company's global-hiring needs remains Deel

We went with Deel, even though they were slightly more expensive than comparable products, solely for their customer engagement and service factors. They have been a boon to our studio's ability to hire internationally and compliantly, and we could not have done this without them. We consider the Deel teammates assigned to our studio as a part of our overall payroll and HR team and chat with them constantly to better serve our teammates, but also to help improve the overall Deel experience for small businesses like us, who are looking to go global and tap into the talent around the world but lack the means to do it themselves.

Pros

First and foremost, the customer service is top-notch at Deel. Their teams are responsive, knowledgeable, and also self-aware enough to know when they may not have a ready answer, but they do know how to find and deliver one in a timely manner. We love the flexibility of options for hiring internationally - be it as an EOR or as a contractor but without the overhead of compliance and ensuring we're adhering to international requirements and laws we do not understand. They're also always listening to suggestions about how to provide better services and options, regardless of company size, which as a small company, we greatly appreciate.

Cons

There are still some rough edges with Deel's billing system and fully fleshing out some optionality within different countries, but while this is something we don't particularly see as a pro - the opportunity that the Deel team has taken to turn cons into wins balances these negatives out. They will work through your understanding and take suggestions -- it's never a "this is it, so deal" from them. They remain collaborative and aware of their weaknesses and areas for improvement. Sometimes billing statements aren't the clearest unless you talk to their support team to decipher them, but we've already seen updates on this front and look forward to continual improvements.

Response from Deel

Hey there,

Thank you for your kind words and for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're committed to providing excellent services and appreciate your feedback.

Cynthia

Reviewed on 18/04/2023

Must have tool for all remote companies

It's been easy to use and a life saver for remote work.

Pros

Deel makes compliance easy worldwide for both employees and contractors.

Cons

It is a bit pricey for having international employees.

ADP Workforce Now and Paychex Flex

Reasons for Choosing Deel

Direct deposit issues with international contractors. Needed an international employee option.

Gusto

Reasons for Switching to Deel

The intro meeting and demo covered everything we were looking for with ease of use.

Response from Deel

Hey there,

Thank you for your positive review! We're thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with Deel! Your feedback means a lot to us and we look forward to assisting you again soon!

Adam

Reviewed on 05/06/2022

Like buying a car, everything is nice till the sale point, from there it's a disaster

BAD BAD BAD Really bad. Signing up was a pleasure, the pitch sounded perfect, the idea itself is overdue and the promises that were made gave me confidence that this was the best possible solution. Firstly, they charge a calendar monthly service fee no matter when you joined, I joined on the 21st so I still paid in FULL for that month despite getting NO service and no paychecks. Had they disclosed that I would have waited till the first of the next month to join.

Their customer service is a non existing joke, they no longer respond at all to my inquiries. The first time I tried to speak to them my message was - "hey, is there a phone number for support?", as I wanted to speak to someone on the phone. Their response was that a ticket was submitted and I will get a response in about 3 days via email....all I asked was if they had a phone number or not...After hours of frustration they PROMISED a supervisor would call me to help, no one ever called.

Now, I have a CRITICAL issue with my employee, he got paid his first paycheck no issue, but his next paycheck was due a week ago and never showed up, there is actually a paystub on the Deel platform showing that he got paid on time, but the money was never transferred to his bank. I'm sure these things happen, that's just life, problem is there is NO ONE to speak to, they have not been answering chats in over 4 days, no response at all, no one to email (I tried, got no response) , and they have no phone number...so here we are.

Pros

I only liked the ideas it promised to do, as it turned out to be a nightmare there is unfortunately nothing left to like.

Cons

The (lack of) support, very little control over salary, many default options that should not work for most businesses, just one healthcare plan which is mediocre and uncompetitive. The part to least like is simply not getting paid, seeing a pay stub that claims you were paid but nothing to show for in the bank and not a single possibility to communicate with a human about your issue. Also they will charge you a full monthly fee by calendar month no matter what (so you will pay the same for 1 day of service or 30)

Top Deel Alternatives

Spidergap 360 Feedback

Omnipresent

ADP Workforce Now

Suresh
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 24/01/2024

A powerful Workforce Management Solution For Business

Pros

I like the employees engagement features
It handles business workforce management easily
It is very helpful when it comes to on-boarding and benefits administrations

Cons

With, it has been smooth. However, it is not the cheapest option available

Meimei
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 14/04/2023

Deel makes it easy to manage contractors globally

I've had a great experience with Deel, from implementation and ongoing support.

Pros

Deel is user friendly and easy to use, and it has global coverage to streamline the process of managing contractors or employees globally.

Cons

I wish Deel could provide the local compensation data.

Response from Deel

Hey there,

João Bruno
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 03/08/2023

All you need in one place

I'm a one person HR, Finance dept, so far.Deel helps me with processes that would take so long every month or, with new on/off boarding.

Pros

Super easy to use, set and manage on your HR, Payroll and compliance tasks.

Cons

A bit expensive for every payment you make, there is a fee.

Ontop

Reasons for Switching to Deel

Deel is a definitive platform. Others looked like an MVP, at that time.

Response from Deel

Hi there,

Thank you for your glowing review! We're thrilled to hear that you loved using Deel. We're committed to providing excellent services and appreciate your feedback.

Antonio
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 14/08/2023

Great Payroll Tool!

Being able to pay worldwide in the same platform without having to hire an agency to do so.

Pros

It's very user friendly. Edit monthly payments by adding expenses or bonuses.

Cons

Have to enter to each profile to edit a payment to be due.

OnTop

Reasons for Switching to Deel

The other platforms were charging a % of the total monthly payment instead of a fixed priced per user.

Response from Deel

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review! We are delighted to hear that you found our platform easy and convenient to use. We're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future.

Replied 16/08/2023
Martina
  • Industry: Law Practice
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 28/08/2023

Great for remote payroll

It has been superb, I really like to use it

Pros

Its really easy to use, it has great security and offers great advantages

Cons

Better costumer service, chat support takes too long to reply

Response from Deel

Hi!

We're so glad to hear that you had a positive experience with Deel. Thank you for your kind words and for choosing us. We look forward to helping you in the future!

Replied 29/08/2023
Josette

Reviewed on 02/01/2024

Best App for Companies!

Pros

This is very helpful when it comes to our company's payroll system.

Cons

None so far. All has been great and all has been working well

Aneta

Reviewed on 02/01/2024

Favorite service for managing contractors

Pros

Easy to use. Easy to onboard new contractors/employees. Fairley inexpensive monthly fee for each active contract.

Cons

Sometimes the interface changes and it's hard to navigate.

Xiaoyu
  • Industry: Computer Games

Reviewed on 19/04/2023

Best solution when you need to hire someone globally

Pros

1. An industry leader that entered the market early in terms of international salary and compliance.2. The solutions are relatively comprehensive, with both contractor and EOR options available. There are physical entities in Russia and Belarus, and our services are not outsourced through third parties.3.The platform itself is free, and services are charged. The overall price is low, with no startup fees. Compared to several other suppliers, Deel' prices have an advantage.4. The settlement exchange rate is close to our daily algorithm and is reasonable.5. Invoicing is done on the 25th of each month for settlement, and salaries are paid to employees on the last day of each month, which is more convenient for our internal salary settlement and adjustment.6. It is worth mentioning that [sensitive content hidden], the Sales Consultant we are working with, is one of the main reasons we chose DEEL. He is fluent in both Chinese and English, has a very positive and proactive attitude, responds quickly, provides professional services, and has a professional understanding of payment risks in Belarus and Russia. He will be in charge of our entire project and will also provide us with a customer service team in the future.

Cons

During our usage, there have been settlement issues due to exchange rate fluctuations, but [sensitive content hidden] was very helpful and we were able to reach a reasonable solution in the end. We haven't thought of any particular issues at the moment.

Response from Deel

Hey there,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with our support team. We are thrilled to hear that you received prompt responses and were satisfied with the service provided. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent support.

Magnus
  • Industry: Internet
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 14/04/2023

Modern HR tool to ease remote hires

We have been a Deel customer for several years, and are overall very happy with the experience. It has made it easier for us to grow in markets were we do not have entities or benefits.

Pros

I truly like the EOR model of Deel. We have started using this feature more extensively and it has been a success for our ability to hire candidates remotely. We also use the contractor feature that is helpful to us as well, and is a cheaper option.

Cons

A company that grows changes a lot, and we have had quite a few CSMs over the years we have used Deel. Making building a relationship a bit harder.

Papaya Global

Price.
Manon

Reviewed on 03/08/2023

Never have to worry about our international workforce

Their CS team is the best. Periodically, they make sure to check in with us to see if there are any ways they can improve or assist. They will also make sure that we're aware of new useful feature or tool. Whenever we have a question, they make sure to respond asap and help us out.

Pros

What I like most about Deel is that they make sure you are compliant in every location you'd like to employ in. Whether there are policy changes in existing contracts, or you'd like to hire in a new country, I can count on their expertise and advise to make solid decisions about expanding our workforce.

Cons

I wish we could integrate Deel with our US HR system, to pull in the information straight to Gusto for example.

Response from Deel

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with our platform and customer service team. We are delighted to hear that you found our platform easy and convenient to use and that our support team was able to provide you with the assistance you needed. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent service. Thank you for choosing Deel!

Ashley
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Deel Administrator at Start Up

I've had a great experience using Deel. It allows our company to hire employees all over the world.

Pros

I like the customer service. The live chat function is very useful and all the customer service reps are extremely informative, professional, and helpful. Our account managers are also great and always available.

Cons

I'd like there to be a way to put in a contract details and see how much the total cost is with the breakdown for that specific person/role. I think it would also be helpful for Deel customer service/HR experts to meet with employees/contractors along with a member of our HR company. There are times that our wires are crossed.

Jasmin
Jasmin

Reviewed on 14/04/2023

Takes the burden off employers to hire globally!

I have had a great experience with Deel and it has allowed me to expand our talent across the world without putting a burden on me and my team. I can easily get any information I need from them and [sensitive content hidden] who I work with are wonderful!!

Pros

I love the ease of use with Deel and the resources that have to make sure we understand what our employer costs are, and what the requirements are in each country. The support/client success team we have as well are the most responsive I have ever seen, and are so friendly, intelligent, and helpful.

Cons

It is quite costly when we wish we could hire more people globally but have to keep out budget into account.

Response from Deel

Hey there,

Thank you for your glowing review! We're thrilled to hear that you loved using Deel. We're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future.

Sebastian
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 21/09/2023

Best way to get paid and spend worldwide as an international contractor

Pros

Super easy onboarding and a debit card that I can use worldwide

Cons

1. No app which makes it a pain especially since I generally use my phone instead of my laptop2. Cannot add cards to Apple/Google Wallet3. Cannot withdraw from ATM

Response from Deel

Hey!

Replied 25/09/2023
Daniyal
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 31/08/2023

Simple and easy way to get paid

Deel has nothing been but a blessing for me, as an individual working remotely and expecting to be paid on time. I never had a problem with the platform, ease of use, convenient access and user friendly through and through. The support team is always a click away if I have any questions or concerns and the perks they offer is just a cherry on the top. Would highly recommend businesses to seek deel services.

Pros

Helps manage and contracting remote human resources. Makes payment process user friendly, straight forward and direct above all. Multiple payout options give user the liberty of choosing their preferred method. Perks of using Deel in form of advance payment on top of means to get paid.

Cons

Integrating crypto wallets and other payment gateways could be a welcome change.

Response from Deel

Hi there!

Thank you for taking the time to leave a positive review! We're delighted to hear that you enjoyed using Deel. Your feedback means a lot to us!

Replied 01/09/2023
Jordan

Reviewed on 27/09/2023

Deel user of 2+ Years

Overall, we've been happy being a Deel customer for years now. [sensitive content hidden] and the team are always available for customer service and that is hard to beat. Being a $1B+ company and the [sensitive content hidden] is still willing to help me in Twitter DMs. Unrivaled customer service.

Pros

Deel makes it super easy for us to manage and pay our folks on time. Likewise, not having the headache of trying to sort through local tax and employment laws help us stay focused on moving quickly & shipping product. The reliability of knowing people will get paid on time and be in compliance is a huge help to us.

Cons

There are some UX things that make Deel a bit complicated in some edge cases.

Miguel

Reviewed on 02/08/2023

Best contract tool I've used in years!

Very easy to use on a daily bases, would totally recommend.

Pros

The easy steps to get your payments going, the different integrations with Wise and Binance.

Cons

Sometimes there are a few issues with the binance integration that stops the withdrawals.

Response from Deel

Hi there,

Thank you for your positive review! We are delighted to hear that you found our platform easy and convenient to use and we value your feedback regarding Binance integrations. we're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future.

Kind regards,

Alicia
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 13/12/2023

Review Deel

Pros

It's a good idea in theory. If the pricing was different and we got more support we would probably have put all of our team members (130 people in Deel), but now we're looking for a way to stop using Deel instead.

Cons

It's very expensive (we have to pay 9000 EUR for a colleague who's on maternity leave and is not paid by us during 18 months, and we're not allowed to remove her from Deel during this time period either). We also have issues pretty often and it takes about a week to solve the problems (even when it's a reoccurring problem). Sometimes I need to put more time and effort into figuring out the problems in Deel than I would have if I just took care of everything outside of Deel, so we're not really gaining much from it.

Ana Beatriz

Reviewed on 30/08/2023

Great HR software

It’s great. I use it every day to manage our team, payroll and other aspects.

Pros

Friendly platform, easy to navigate. Easy to submit expenses and deductions. Easy to find information.

Cons

There is not a page for employee interaction. There is not a calendar that shows who’s on PTO or not.

Response from Deel

Hi there,

Thank you for your positive review! We're thrilled to hear that you had a great experience with Deel and that you found our platform easy and convenient to use. Please know that we're constantly working to improve our service and hope to exceed your expectations in the future.

Replied 31/08/2023
Tracey

Reviewed on 11/08/2023

Deel tidbits

Pros

Ease of use of the product, how helpful the account managers are and the support team

Cons

Cannot run reports for time off - a summarized per employee/contractor would be very helpful

Response from Deel

Hello!

The Deel Team!

Replied 14/08/2023
Lisa

Reviewed on 11/08/2023

Deel helps us easily manage our remote global team

Pros

Deel does everything to ensure compliance for hiring in countries outside of the US. I don't have to research anything - just choose the country, and they do it all for us!

Cons

I have had some struggles working with the customer service team - slow response times, not knowing our CSM no longer worked at the company, etc.

Response from Deel

Hey!

We're so glad to hear that you had a positive experience with Deel. Thank you for your kind words and for choosing us. We apologize if there was any delay on any request you submitted. If you still have something pending, please feel free to schedule a call with our Team and we will assist you: https://cal.com/team/deel-support-team/15min

We look forward to helping you in the future!

Replied 14/08/2023
Clara
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 28/07/2023

Good Service

My experience using Deel is excellent. The only thing I find is that it is a bit expensive. But the solution they provide is very good, easy to use and saves a lot of work time.

Pros

What I like about Deel is that I can handle the payroll quickly and easily. The fact that I can make a single mass payment and have the money go directly to the people saves me a lot of time.

Cons

I would like to have a detailed global vacation report per person.Currently I have to enter person by person to see the Time Off detail.

Replied 31/07/2023
Francesco

Reviewed on 21/11/2023

Deel - great way to manage workforce in different locations

Pros

Easy but reliable platform to manage staff in different locations, rich of features that makes HR work effective, great customer support, helpful and very responsive

Cons

one year ago there were some inconsistencies in the platform but now it's very smooth