Zscaler Reviews

About Zscaler

Zscaler is a network security platform, which enables businesses to detect threats, secure access to applications and manage, track and connect IT devices across multiple locations. The system provides protection against...

4.2
4.2

Browse Zscaler Reviews

Stephanie
Stephanie
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

Zscaler keeps us moving

We went from a VPN application that required users to reauthenticate every 10 hours on a mobile device and every 4 hours on a laptop for security reason, to Zscaler that we can allow users to reauthenticate every 30 days on mobile devices and every 3 days on laptops. The user experience has been improved tremendously. Additionally, the connectivity is more stable using Zscaler versus our previous application.

Pros

Zscaler gives more security for the organization, while giving users more privacy. Analytics are hands down the best we have used. 10k+ users and we have had little to no problems since deploying Zscaler. Having the flexibility to change the duration for authentication while still maintaining a secure environment has made this tool a game changer for our users.

Cons

Users initially had some confusion about the tool disabling when they were on a trusted network. Time and usage has helped to clear the confusion.

Reviewed on 15/05/2022

Zscaler is great solution when it comes to detect/prevent the thread within the cloud.

Overall Zscaler has brought the new generation in network security, and Zscaler made the other Security vendors to think in the different directions compare with thinking in traditional way. Zscaler kind of removed the network latency problems with traditional VPN solutions here Zscaler POP presence really helped.

Pros

This is one of the best solution I have worked with, it provides the seamless experience better than the traditional VPN solutions. Connectivity speed is faster comparatively than the VPN solutions because of closer Zscaler POP availability. With speed you are also sure that you are sitting in Secure environment. As Zscaler also makes it sure no threats are touching the endpoint as well even the Zero day threats are detected and prevented within the Zscaler cloud.

Cons

I had few problems with Zscaler ZPA solution, unable to resolve the DNS for private web. However all this got resolved as our team had worked with Zscaler support team.

Cisco AnyConnect and GlobalProtect

Reasons for Choosing Zscaler

With Global Protect needed to manage the overall Security infrastructure, like managing the firewalls, managing the lifecycle of the product is really a heavy job. With Zscaler you are not managing the Hardware Lifecycle this makes the life bit easier.

GlobalProtect

Reasons for Switching to Zscaler

Zscaler overall has great features and better market review.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 21/01/2021

I left a job I loved because of ZScaler

Let me start by describing what ZScaler is at its heart: a cloud-based network proxy that uses its own root certificate to inspect TLS/SSL traffic.

If you are a company in the business of making software, keep this product away from your software developers. Far, far away. It does not play nice with many software development tools, even once you go through the pain of adding their root certificate in all the right places. I have spent hours and even days interacting with ZScaler support, often with no solution ever found. After spending months fighting frequent issues that came up, I finally threw my hands in the air and left my company.

It probably works fine if you're just doing "regular" stuff with your network, like browsing, file uploads/downlads, etc. If you're doing anything more advanced, keep away from ZScaler.

Pros

- Provides competent security and access for basic computing
- macOS app works alright, although it does have plenty of hiccups

Cons

- Hard to get it to work right with software development tools. In some cases, no proper solution was ever found.
- Support is incredibly terrible. Unhelpful and wastes a lot of time. I really can't emphasize enough how frustrating the support was. I ended up just finding my own workarounds 90% of the time, after spending hours and hours on the line with support.
- Adds latency, which can make profiling network operations difficult.
- Sometimes you run into websites randomly blocking you or asking for CAPTCHA due to routing through ZScaler gateways.

Top Zscaler Alternatives

Umang
  • Industry: Packaging & Containers

Reviewed on 06/01/2024

Excellent upcoming VPN security tool

- Very nice experience and best in the industry currently

Pros

- Very easy to use and automatically connects when the computer is turned on.
- No authentication required
- Never fails to connect
- If internet outage is there, automatically reconnects when internet is back again

Cons

- Initial set up and training is needed for users in first round

Reviewed on 09/03/2021

Great for distributed teams, remote work, and VPN

We added this during the pandemic. We are in the process of doing the full company rollout, but we have a lot of users and this really helps us get visibility and security around our networked resources.

Pros

I love that I don't have to use multiple VPNs to get to various parts of my company and product. Having Zscaler handle that all is really nice. Logging into SIEM is a lot, but good information and great for investigation. Love the agent. Works great for Windows and Mac

Cons

Linux integration is in beta and I'm hoping it gets better. Setting up can be tricky, but professional services make it worth it.

Perimeter 81

Reasons for Switching to Zscaler

Better vetted, good support and similar companies like ours have implemented it and had great success.

Reviewed on 18/12/2023

ZSclaer Cloud Security

Great support and help during implementtion.

Pros

This is by far the best option for security a company this is 100% remote and using cloud infrastructure to run their business.

Cons

The cost is high but the cloud management and implementation make it worth it.

Paweł
Paweł
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 21/02/2022

Enhanced protection in the cloud world thanks to Zscaler

Pros

The majority of business users are only interested in not getting any viruses on the PCs or mobile devices. They aren't interested in the way how we are protected from various cyber threats - Zscaler is the perfect solution as it gives us the wanted protection without the need of any user intervention - it works in the background while we perform our daily tasks. I was really amazed by the pace of how ZScaler detects potential vulnerabilities and possible cyber attacks.

Cons

ZScaler can be costly when thinking about using it in big enterprises.

Nachiket
Nachiket
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 27/03/2022

ZScaler - The best application for Internet security

Zscaler helps me browse the internet safely, without having me worry whether a particular website may be malicious or not. It has helped me prevent data loss and data theft due to the blacklisting of potentially dangerous websites and also provided me warnings in case of suspicious websites.

Pros

The best thing about Zscaler is that it performs it works efficiently in the backend without providing me with too many notifications. I get immediate reminders if I end up browsing an unsafe website and it also blocks access to websites blacklisted by ZS, thus preventing data theft.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about the software. The only recommendation would be to enhance the UI to make it look more professional, maybe like that of Avira or Kaspersky

Reviewed on 26/05/2020

Security at it's finest

👍 it was nice that it was able to connect me to the internet I use at work even if I was away from work. I still had access to all the information without having to sacrifice my own personal laptop

Pros

Efficient, good storage and security; it keeps our organization's internal apps secure and in compliance with the policies, even when you're off corporate network

Cons

It sometimes blocks innocent sites or locks me out and requires me to re-enter my information multiple times; I've heard it can be expensive if used by multiple users in the same area

Matheus
Matheus
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 14/07/2022

Security for a single user

Pros

I am a regular user of Zscaler and I consider the software as an ally of the IT team for security in browsing the internet and connecting to other networks. For the user, the software is simple, without many options for adjustments.

Cons

At times, after the computer is suspended, Zscaler crashes and does not allow any kind of interaction, although it continues to work in the background.

Akash
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 13/05/2023

Secure Service Edge from Zscaler

Pros

The Console of the solution is very straightforward. It supports a lot of use cases. Zscaler offers protection to users' internet traffic, protects private application access, and secures cloud transactions.It can Integrate with a lot of products as per the need like we can Integrate it with siem solution for exporting logs, or can integrate with IDPs to authenticate users. Advanced threat protection modules are quite good, and provide granular controls over SASE applications. The policy applies in real time which is a very good thing.

Cons

No, I didn't find as of now to dislike about anything as of now.

Kristin
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 06/11/2021

Great for the end user!

Overall, this is a great product! I would highly recommend this product from a End User stand point, super easy and very fast. I do not have anything to list for recommendations, I give this a 10/10 for ease of use and 10/10 for product satisfaction!

Pros

This is such an easy product for the end user, I have been using this for about 1 year to access our secure network and it even links right up with Duo Mobile! which makes getting logged in! As the end user you get a notice on the computer that you need to re-authenticate your connection- select authenticate and you get a notice right to your phone, accept or deny- accept and BAM you are in! that fast and that easy.

Cons

The only con that I can think of is how often I have to get logged in, this is likely a security setting that our IT team has access to but as a end user it is a little troublesome if you are mid-day and then have to go through the process of re-authenticating- its fast but the smallest thing can throw off a whole day

Kalyan
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 29/11/2022

Modern Security

zscaler solved our access to remote workforce without giving them vpn acccess. zapp can be used to better control app based access to remote user rather than overall vpn access.

Pros

zscaler Internet Security and Zscaler ZAPP access gives more control over devices in organziation that connects to internet. we can control what ip and what websites that devices go out via internet and we have control over protocols and ports channels that devices communicate on the internet

Cons

More control over zapp access like internal application access

Eric

Reviewed on 20/04/2020

Very useful and efficient

When connected to internet, Zscaler immediately connects to Company server and it is seamless, meanwhile it separates regular internet usage from the company's network, unlike other VPN services that routes all internet usage into the company's network.

Pros

Seamless transition, and allows local network connectivity while also being connected to company server

Cons

sometimes it will not connect immediately after being connected to the wifi, and requires a restart of the software

• Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

A Great Way For You To Take Control Over Your Network

I like this, it is a great way of be completely compliant and you know that you only use company's pc for work. This is as it should be, i mean this tool grants that for example no piracy content is accessed with company's computers.

Pros

It works when in office and out of office, i mean, there is no need to disable or enable settings. It does the job pretty well filtering the traffic and it is great when it comes to security matters.

Cons

For now i can't point anything bad about it, i mean, it does the job well. Everything on company's laptops and computers is being filtered and monitored so it is just perfect. Well, we still need to use VPN in order to reach company files and stuff when we are out of company but i think that's nothing to do with Zscaler.

Reviewed on 11/06/2020

zscaler usage

We have provided a simple, fast and low security advantage.

Pros

integration is very simple zscaler. It works successfully on all windows systems. It supports us to provide security simply.

Cons

zscaler can be a bit of a problem with product support. Even if there are late turns, the problem is solved. It does not cause a long interruption.

Winnie
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 14/12/2022

Zscaler VPN

Excellent software, replaces Cisco VPN which required log in everytime. Zscaler is seamless and very user friendly

Pros

Our company recently implemented Zscaler for the VPN and it has been a great experience so far. It is easy to use, does not require log in everytime you open your laptop, unlike Cisco VPN and it is much, much faster. Installation and implementation was very smooth and there were no major issues

Cons

The only issue we had was due to people connecting to the old Cisco VPN still, which caused issues with Zscaler. However that is a user issue and not really due to the software

• Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 30/06/2019

Zscaler - The proxy

Over all zscaler is best for monitoring realtime traffic

Pros

Every organization needs proxy to monitor the user web activity and to protect user from malicious web pages. Zscaler is best in protecting users from malicious websites and monitoring user traffic.
We use Zscaler daily bases for monitoring user activity and blocking phishing pages.

Cons

There are few phishing pages which zscaler allows and the limitation of blocking Url's is limited which is not good

Talib
Talib
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 15/04/2021

A good tool to use but still some teething issues which we are getting 100% support for

Pros

The security and Cyber security aspect of this tool was the main reason it was implemented company wide which has been great since the integration. This was done very quickly and required little to no downtime for the laptops and workstations across the entire organization and the installation of the tools did not ruin any machines.

Cons

The tool sometimes does not agree with some other API based tools that we currently have installed such as a IP VOIP tool. We are receiving support for this which is great though.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 20/02/2023

Industry grade protection

Has always given a secure feeling. Must have when working with data that cannot be compromised at any cost

Pros

Offers protection from all kinds of threats, and helps to confidently access sensitive client information

Cons

Since the service keeps running in the background there is a significant consumption of resources that costs slightly in terms of performance

Reviewed on 30/11/2023

Great experience

Pros

It secures organization from threats and vulnerability from internet and private acces.

Cons

As of now nothing to dislike about Zscaler

Utkarsh

Reviewed on 25/01/2023

Reliable securities by Zscaler

Overall experience is good

Pros

Reliability is most important thing in terms of security.Zscaler is very reliable in terms of it, efficiently monitors if there is any vulnerability and suddenly triggers alerts, much effective software

Cons

As far as I am using it, there is nothing I like least about it.

Anish

Reviewed on 14/01/2023

Zscaler

A strong VPN with lot of security feature & with lot of configuration feature.

Pros

IT is Very secure VPN . Even you can not use gmail or or other trusted sited if not mapped with your company policy

Cons

Its strictness is its weakness, Google services, You tube etc is not working if not mapped with your policy. so you can't able to search or not able to take your work related help form from google or from another site.

Patrick
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 16/11/2023

Functional

Pros

Zscaler is intuitive to set up and maintains VPN status while traveling and switching networks.

Cons

Re authentication of the app is required from time to time however it is a quick and simple process.

• Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 23/08/2019

Zscaler - Don't Go Alone!

Handles the website filtering across all of our sites, plus provides metrics

Pros

Single pane of glass for website and other filtering over SD WAN. An integration specialist can help move things along.

Cons

Difficult to set up across a global organization with broken out locations with individual SD WAN circuits.