Canva Reviews

About Canva

Canva is a cloud-based graphic design tool used to create on-brand marketing content, sales presentations, training videos and more by companies of all sizes. This solution includes features such as drag-and-drop design and photo...

Browse Canva Reviews

11,886 of 11,886 reviews
Vitor
Vitor
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 30/08/2023

I moved to Canva and I regreted it initially, but then...

Took me a while to get used to how Canva works, but once I did, my workflow improved quite drastically in the sense that I was able to get things done a lot quicker.I still find myself having to use other tools like Photoshop and Figma for more advanced work, but Canva is the best tool out there for their target market.

Pros

Canva is a great tool, very flexible, easy to use, and full of assets and features that will make your life as easy as it can be.- The asset library is great, you can usually find what you are looking for- It is easy to find yourself inside the tool- Organization is key if you have too many projects and files, Canva helps you with that beautifully- You can usually find templates for what you are trying to do, so it is easy to get inspired and have a starting point for any design you are creating- Support is great, they reply quickly and help you with anything you need

Cons

The tool feels a bit limiting if you are coming from an Advanced tool like Photoshop or Figma, but the feeling I have is that even if you need Photoshop or Figma for more advanced work, you can still use Canva for simple tasks as it saves A LOT of time compared to these other tools.- Limiting when it comes to pixel-perfect designs- Most graphics in the asset library do not have professional quality, you have to spend some time searching for something that is usable- Lacking when it comes to customization of mock-ups, you can pick a mock-up, and drop your image in it, but if it doesn't look exactly as you need, well you can't do anything.

Tanish
Tanish
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 22/05/2024

Perfect app for Graphic designers

Overall, my experience with Canva has been very positive. It’s a versatile tool that makes the design process much easier, whether I'm creating social media posts, presentations, or marketing materials. The combination of ease of use and powerful features makes it a valuable resource for both school projects and personal use.

Pros

What I like most about Canva is how easy it is to use and how many design templates it offers. Even if you’re not a professional, you can still create really cool and professional-looking designs quickly. The customizable branding options are great for keeping everything consistent.

Cons

The biggest downside of Canva is that the free version has some limitations. You can’t access all the premium templates and design elements unless you pay, which can be frustrating if you need more advanced features.

Stephen
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 31/05/2019

Canva is Great for Social Media

It's not bad for someone with no design experience as long as they are willing to pay more for printing. For the higher cost of printing you could pay a professional such as myself to design for you and print at a lower cost and higher quality. The application is bad for the overall marketing industry because it has lowered the quality standard and impact of advertisements being created by business owners who think they understand marketing, design and printing. I recently said to one of my clients who owns a high end auto detailing business and tried to create some marketing materials on his own, "I don't now how to properly wax and detail my vehicle. I would probably ruin the paint job somehow if I were to do it myself. That's why I hire a professional. I wouldn't expect you to be able to handle a design, print and marketing job either because that's not what you do." In short, stick to what you know and leave the rest to professionals. It will cost you less in the long run.

Pros

It's very easy to use and offers a ton of design content for free. You don't necessarily need to search outside of Canva for images but you can if you want. It's great for designing simple social banners or marketing materials quickly but there is a catch. They are trying to sell you printing services and their pricing is not competitive with quality printers.

Cons

I recommend Canva to clients who need to create social media marketing images. I have worked with clients who need me to print postcards, flyers or brochures that they designed on Canva and there are issues. Canva is trying to sell printing services. Their design templates are sized and setup for the printer companies they outsource to. If you design on Canva and download the files to send to a professional printer then those files are not setup correctly and require alterations to be printed. That's if there is room for alterations, but not all designs will allow for easy alteration so therefore the customer is forced to print on Canva at higher costs.

Top Canva Alternatives

Christie
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 30/04/2024

The best graphic design (and more) software for non-professionals.

Pros

Although Canva is a super simple app, you can create amazing designs; with or without one of their pre-built templates with ease. It offers SSO on Team plans and integrates well with Google Workspace and Microsoft 365.

Cons

There are still some basic features missing, like drop shadows.

Reasons for Choosing Canva

We switched because our previous solution, Microsoft Publisher, was not really made for graphic design.

Microsoft Publisher
Juana

Reviewed on 03/06/2024

Canva one of the simplest and most intuitive softwares for users

Canva has made my life easier, i have to do a lot of projects related to presentations and social media content that makes canva one of my favorites softwares beacuse it´s intuitive for the user, has many options for you can edit the things of your preferences, also has premium package that offers others services for editing, canva is great.

Pros

Canva it´s one of the softwares where you can easily make your thing done, for design or create new projects related to social media, presentantions and more, it´s going to be really helpfull and intuitive, also you can use this from your computer, mobile or any device, also it has many options for editing and personalizing your creations.

Cons

Canva it´s an easy software to use but in the mobiles sometimes it´s slow and harder to use and for fonts they could also include the basic ones from google fonts, because some time you cant find the font you may need.

SAMARA
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 29/05/2024

Canva is an excellent platform and very useful for graphic design in general.

I use Canva for my professional and personal projects. I use it for cover photos, advertising and even for my print files. It allows us to work with several clients, Canva allows us to create and reuse them without the need to have other applications installed and, as it's in the cloud, it's easy to work with and, best of all, make last-minute changes.

Pros

It has an image library with many free options, icons that make presentations more creative and has many resources for editing texts and videos.

Cons

The tools can limit creativity, as well as not being able to sell templates with Canva Pro content in PDF or other file formats and not having local file storage.

Mayank

Reviewed on 26/05/2024

YOUR DESIGNER FRIEND.

I had a fantastic experience using this software. I didn’t need any help from other apps. As I used the pro version, I could use all of the features. I use Canva both for my personal and official work. I insist everyone to give it a shot

Pros

Its vast storage of extensive templates always amazes me. It contains various kinds of templates like social media (Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc.), presentations, and thumbnails. Poster, card, resume, flyer, and a lot. So you don’t have to use any third-party application.

Cons

Canva doesn’t offer for free. Most of the important elements are paid. You can’t use them unless you purchase the pro version. And the price is a bit high. They should add some more important features in the free version.

Roma Anne
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 13/06/2024

Super easy and fun to use!

Pros

Canva really helped me when I was just starting my business way back in 2020, during the pandemic. I don't have a laptop to create logos and sticker labels for the products that I sell. But because Canva is also available on mobile, I was able to edit and make promotional photos and videos for my shop.

Cons

So far, I love using Canva, and I don't have anything in mind that would make it less of a liking.

Gcebile
Gcebile

Reviewed on 23/05/2024

What an mpressive design product

Canva offers an impressive range of graphic design tools accessible on the web, Android, and iOS platforms. It enables users to design various products, such as newsletters and social media posts, catering especially to beginners with its user-friendly interface.

Pros

Product is user friendly with a variety of beautful templates

Cons

Product sometimes has minor glitches, freezes when images loaded are heavy

Ankit
Ankit
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 06/06/2024

Great tool for graphic design

Pros

easy to use, big data different assets. Trending design

Cons

I have faced any issues with regular day-to-day tasks if you are beginner or not comparing this with professional software

Noura
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 09/01/2020

Canva is the perfect design solution for small businesses

I really enjoy Canva and so do my clients. I use it daily for my graphics.

Pros

If you're just starting out and can't afford to hire a designer and don't have the time for more complex design software, Canva is an excellent solution.
It's easy to use and has a wide range of templates.
I have designed my own graphic templates on Canva and used them as lead magnets to grow my email list.
I really enjoy the paid version and the features. They make managing multiple clients really easy. I have folders, fonts, and logos stored neatly in it so it makes the design process quicker. Another reason why I enjoy the paid version is because it allows you to access more stock pictures and elements.
I do use Photoshop to design some of my graphics, but I find myself using Canva a lot more frequently just because it's so easy.

Cons

A lot of my clients complain about having to scroll through mixed content on the free version. It would be nice if they could just filter by free content and paid content.
Because I share templates with my email list it would also be nice to allow them to copy my design without giving them editing permissions. I find myself going in daily to fix my designs because there's always someone who ignores the first document page with instructions on copying the graphic before editing.

Reasons for Switching to Canva

I do use some of the alternatives, but I use Canva a lot more frequently. (multiple times a day) It's easy, affordable, and you can make stunning graphics.
Francisco
Francisco

Reviewed on 09/03/2020

Save money on photoshop or high end software if you need to design for social networks

Its been great, I tried the paying plan but didnt actually got to use it at full.
Im sticking with the free plan since I use it only for quick youtube thumbnails or facebook posts that dont require more than JPG format and a couple of PDF files.
If you plan to use it like that you can try the 30 days pro plan and see if it fits your needs. For me the free is way more than expected

Pros

The ease of use in Canva is as simple as a drag and drop.
You can choose from a lot of objects like images, text, shapes and now even video and gifs to create an engaging post for social media.
Since you have all the sizes available from start you choose your end use, pick the size and from there you just let your imagination do the rest.

Cons

For the free plan you get a LOT of benefits, but the problem is if you need to purchase or get a few extra things like premium images or shapes or export in specific ways like transparent PNG.
The payment plan is kinda cheap and you unlock good things but the problem is the micro transactions of stock imagery which you have to purchase item by item and those arent cheap.
I recommend to get the free plan and an external stock if you need the basic process.
If you want to replace photoshop all together you have to go pro (of course you wont be able to do the same) but at least you get more export methods and lots of stock included.

RelayThat

Reasons for Choosing Canva

We had the license for corel but needed a better pc for design and took a lot of effort. Since our designs are simple for social networks and need to be made ASAP we recommend canva for the ease of use and you can store everything online.

CorelDRAW

Reasons for Switching to Canva

The problem with relaythat is that it has a lot of potential, but since it makes you do specific mockups you dont have a free to use software. For example you want a mockup for a diner, and it will give you space for 3 images only, but if one of those is rectangle and 2 squares you have to adapt the images you put in there. Its too strict on the use of images and stock and canva lets you do as you wish.
Michelle
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Go Pro With Canva

My overall experience with Canva has been excellent. I can create social marketing campaigns, post to social media, and with the features they offer through Canva Pro, I can integrate my team and get everyone on the same page.

Pros

The best part of Canva is all the available features they have for both free and paid plans. They are easy to use and you don't have to be a graphic design artist to create something amazing! The impact they've had on my business has been huge.

Cons

I feel like they could be better organization within the software itself. For example, better ways to organize uploaded pictures/videos etc. I also feel like the customer service could be a little more friendly and timely.

Shuttlerock

Reasons for Choosing Canva

I made the switch because I know with Canva, whenever I use a photo of theirs, it is 100% commercial free. Pixabay has random pictures being updated everyday and while I am sure most of them are commercial free as advertised, you can never be too sure. I trust Canva more.

Reasons for Switching to Canva

I chose Canva because of the unique and quality features, the price of the software, and the fun I have using this product.
Amy

Reviewed on 10/02/2021

One-Stop Platform for Fast & Easy Design

We use Canva on a daily basis. It is really almost a one-stop platform for us. We were needing a simple way to create social marketing campaign assets. For example, it's easy to start with a poster design... and then take it down into a myriad of assets. We create short videos and gifs for campaigns. We use it for presentation and ebook design, brand mood boards. Canva does a nice job of offering templates for inspiration and/or to get you started.

Pros

Canva has changed my work life. As part of a small agency team, we try to keep dollars in-house, where possible. Canva enables us to create a wide variety of simple marketing materials that in the past we would have sent out to a freelance designer. Posters, flyers, mailers, social media videos, presentations... it seems like every week we discover another marketing tool that Canva makes easier, faster and cheaper to handle in-house. The platform has also helped streamline our workflows and resources: We can access stock images, stock video, fonts and even stock music from within the platform and easily output into a variety of formats... and even directly send out to a professional printer from the platform. It's very intuitive... and easy to create nice-looking work. And I really appreciate that Canva elegantly enables you to resize artwork, if you need multiple versions of things. This may sound like a small thing, but even just having easy access to such a simple platform for creating transparent .png files -- knocking out images from backgrounds -- is amazing. It's also useful for inviting others on the team to collaborate on projects.

Cons

I look forward to Canva adding more stock images, video and music. That's not a gripe; I'm fairly pleased with the choices already. An easier internal filing system for files would be helpful... as would more tools for preparing print-ready files. The platform offers fairly limited photo retouching capabilities-- I find that Canva's photo adjustment controls are not particularly subtle.

Vimeo

Reasons for Switching to Canva

Adobe Indesign certainly has its uses. But while it offers a lot of design horsepower, it's not intuitive. It's taken a lot of hours and tutorials to use it. Canva, on the other hand, is extremely intuitive, plus it offers a lot of image content from within the platform. I use Vimeo to create simple social marketing videos. Vimeo has a better array of stock video and music, but it's expensive, slower, and it doesn't offer the breadth of design tools. Canva has helped us get more work produced and out the door faster and easier than ever before.
Muhammad Zubair
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 28/02/2021

Canva - A Comprehensive App for Creative Designs

We have been using Canva mostly for presentations, social media content, and logo designing. Our move to Canva has greatly reduced the costs and time we spent on mainstream designing software and hiring of experts.

Although, Canva is an amazing app when it comes to ready-made designing, there are still many limitations that we feel will be taken care of in the future.

Other than video editing, presentations, and some other unavailable options, we are happy with Canva for providing our clients with great content in their budget and timelines.

Pros

Canva is one of the most popular web apps available for professional designing solutions online for business and social media content builders. It provides comprehensive and packaged tools that require no prior experience or learning to start working in Canva, the app is well balanced for professionals and amateurs equally.

Below are some of the advantages I have personally experienced using Canva:

- Canva has a well-organized editing platform, which provides basic editing tools and easy navigation.
- Plethora of professional looking templates to choose from to create marketing material, social media content, logos, videos, presentations, resumes, websites, and much more.
- Free to use images, audios, and videos with relevance to your project.
- Every template is customizable according to your project's requirements
- The Elements tab can help you create your attractive designs by using various pre-built shapes and objects.
- I found it great for making YouTube Intros and Outros.
- Every bit of your work is saved automatically online, hence no worry of losing any work progress.
- Plenty of Cloud storage according to your plan for storage of videos and images.
- For better project collaboration, you can add team members from within your organization or any person you want to work with in real time workflow environment.
- Good cost savings, since hiring an expert designer and buying media content cost you a lot of money.

Cons

- You cannot edit or modify images, pre-built elements, videos, and other stuff provided by Canva due to copyright restrictions, but you can still resize, rotate and change colors of provided objects.
- You cannot use transition or animation effects on a single object, unfortunately, any effect you select applies to the whole page.
- Only a single audio track can be used for the entire project, this deficiency in Canva editing platform greatly affects the creation of dynamic content such as presentations and videos.
- There are no tools for drawing in Canva such as pens and brushes, this feature is very important for logo design tasks.

JINSHINA
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 05/05/2021

Simplest Graphics tool for unskilled users

Canva will do the work and that too cloud based, you can do your work from anywhere with any device and their phone integration also pretty impressive. I still use Canva for instant visuals. And Canva is my savior when it comes to my business proposals and presentations.

Pros

Canva is the first tool I tried when I was working in business development, I wasn't skilled in graphic designing at that point of time( Now I run a digital marketing firm)
So straight to the point canva is a straight forward, simple online graphics tool that offers a mountain load of templates and stock photos.
* It provides one month trial period that's a lot time if you compare Adobe spark or Poster My wall
*So you create business proposal/posters/social-media posts without any graphic design skill
* offers canva enterprise for bigger teams, canva team management also pretty easier.
* Upload and download interface is pretty easy and saves a lot of time
* they have added new features in terms of photo effects ( like BadTV, glitch, liquify etc)
* and notable customer support(email) they will sort your issues and help more customised integration- in my case I needed my regional fonts in Brandkit they have integrated it successfully.
* If you are in to Social media management role their content planner is pretty easy to use

Cons

*The one thing I felt as a designer is creatives are linear, you know when you design with adobe platform your creatives are smooth with accurate edging and toning.
*The photo adjustment tool can be more improvised

Adobe Creative Cloud Express

Reasons for Choosing Canva

Needed more design centric creatives , Canva designs are too easy to copy my clients demanded unique graphic designs.

PosterMyWall

Reasons for Switching to Canva

First it was offering trial period of one month, by that time I became pro at designing with canva.
Jessie

Reviewed on 01/09/2022

A fantastic tool to design with ease!

It has greatly benefited us in that it has renewed our reputation in terms of the contribution to brand advertising. It aids in fostering clients' individuality and ingenuity. It has distinguished itself as a very beneficial product for meeting the demands of visual projects. I was able to use it with outstanding quality and effectiveness. It has aided in our comprehension of the value of having a strong image in terms of logos and exceptional designs.

Pros

Canva is an application that I really enjoy using because it allows for the quick and easy development of designs. It has exceptional support for building positive relationships with problem solvers. Making any kind of logo is quite fun; all you have to do is pick a design and then alter the text color, some vectors, and the fonts to fit your preferences. Having a sizable picture library allows you to choose any of them quickly and without leaving the page.

Cons

The Canva UI needs to be a little more responsive because while I'm loading some templates, everything freezes for a while.

Pixlr

Reasons for Switching to Canva

I chose Canva because of all the features it incorporates and the advantages it provides to the company by assisting us in creating fantastic visual material that can be used in a variety of contexts. It has everything necessary to satisfy graphic design requirements and a little bit more. This material works well on PCs and mobile devices and doesn't require you to be an expert in design to use it.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 21/11/2018

This is one of my favourite social tools and I think every business should use it. The free version has a lot to offer and it can be used for a number of applications from flyers to ads to social!

Pros

I absolutely love this software. I use it multiple times in my day, both on it's own and along with other programs, such as Photoshop. It makes it really easy to create high quality social images and other business designs. It is easy to use and has a number of features including stock imagery, shapes, frames, layouts, fonts, colours etc. It allows you to upload your own images and quickly organize them. I have used both the paid and free versions. Both are great tools and the free version gives you access to more than you need if you are a small business. The paid version allows you to upload your brand elements and gives you access to additional images and icons. I have also used the Canva app which is great for on the go but is not as easy to use, however, it is getting better as they update it. Canva also has several download options and the newest version gives you the option to make basic moving images.

Cons

I wish there was a better way to organize and manage images and designs. It would be great if I could rename images and organize them within the folders. I also dislike that the image folders have a mass capacity.

The Canva app for your mobile device is not as easy to use. While it is helpful for on the go edits and designs I often times find myself limiting my design or pulling out my computer because it is a little too frustrating to use. However, they are making improvements which are making it easier.

I wish I could do multiple sizes of a design in one template. Because I resize for all of the different social platforms, I often end up with 3 to 5 of the same image in my design library, all different sizes.

Reviewed on 07/02/2019

Friendly Neighborhood Graphic Design Hero

Overall experience with this software Canva is a great option to create high-impact graphic designs without the hassle of having to know design techniques, purchase high priced design services, or spend a lot of time to create documents. It’s especially useful for businesses because of the versatility of design which can be used to create logos, business documents and more. It’s great for personal use as well! Birthday cards, event invites, and posters, personal documents, resumes can all be created here. The overall experience for a basic user on Canva is exceptional, efficient, and affordable.

Pros

I ran into Canva on a last minute work assignment to create a flyer for a weekend team-building event! No Pressure. Having very rusty graphic design skills, I knew I couldn’t pull off the project in time if I worked with conventional graphic design software such as Photoshop and Adobe InDesign. I needed a template that was ready-made, great looking, and easy to edit. A quick google search and in stepped Canva.
The graphic design software replacement website is a God-sent efficiency machine for those of us who aren’t endowed with creative prowess or those who like to get things done quickly. It has great templates spanning a host of documents, a well-selected collection of vectors, photos, fonts, borders, and more, as well as a great user-friendly interface for easy editing, saving, and downloading.
•A variety of templates On the Canva home-page, you are asked: “what would you like to design?” You can type your answer and begin working on a blank document and build up using the site’s design features. Alternatively, Templates are made by other Canva users and you can build upon what they have created.
•Well curated design features If you aren’t in a time bind, you can have a bit of fun to really get acquainted with the site’s comprehensive and well-chosen design features. Starting from scratch, you can play around with stock images,

Cons

•High priced in-app purchases can be a pain if you like the look, but the price is over the top. However, there are plenty of free items that can work the look without the price tag.
•Outdated items such as frames, grid-layouts, and icons can use a make-over or additions to update the Canva collection.

Andi

Reviewed on 15/05/2019

Canva Just Might Be the Death to Photoshop, InDesign, and QuarkXPress

I'm pretty sure that Milton Glaser, most famous for creating the I ❤ NY logo, would hate the fact that Canva lets anyone be a designer—and a great one at that. With the incredible templates, variety in fonts (plus the ability to upload your own), recommendations, and tools, Canva has made my life so much easier. I'm able to create social media designs so much more quickly as well as one-off graphics. Sure, for brochures and business cards, I still use QuarkXPress because of the ability to fine-tune typography. But for everything else, Canva is my go-to tool. I use it every day, and I can't imagine my working life without it.

Pros

I love almost everything about Canva. First, it is incredibly easy to use. Although I have a background that includes design, I was able to teach my sister to use it within about 5 minutes. The tool is incredibly user-friendly and very intuitive, so it's almost like you're guided through the design process.

Second, I love that I can have a different folder for every client, and then designs within that folder. For example, Client A has a folder, and within that is a file for Instagram posts, for in-store flyers, and for hand-out postcards. Client B has a folder, and within it is a file for video thumbnails, Instagram posts, and website featured images. It helps to keep me organized, and each one has its own branding.

Third, with the ability to resize for different outlets, it's easy for me to create every post I need in every size I need, with some small adjustments. Amazing.

Fourth, Canva has great templates for all kinds of designs. The templates are completely adjustable to your branding; in fact, sometimes, I just use them for inspiration.

Finally, Canva has a plethora of free (and paid) images and icons that make designs pop or just add that little something extra that you need.

Overall, Canva has saved me so much time over the past three years that I've been using it. What would have taken me an hour in QuarkXPress now takes me about 15 minutes in Canva, because it's all right there, and it's so easy to use.

Cons

I have only a few complaints with Canva. The first is probably on their product roadmap—I wish that I could merge files. At this point, I can move any design into a folder. But I can't move a design in File A to File B, even if they're the same size. Here's why I find this is problematic: Let's say I have a file of Instagram designs (1080x1080) for Client A, and I want to convert just the first of the designs into a video thumbnail (1920x1080). And I already have a file of video thumbnails for Client A. So, I either need to recreate the Instagram image into my file of video thumbnails, which is silly and duplicates work. Or I need to copy and resize the whole Instagram designs file, delete everything but the first page, and then make the small adjustments to get it the right size. Ideally, I would be able to then take this newly designed image and merge it into my Video Thumbnails file. But I can't do that. So now I have a handful of random files, which becomes slightly cumbersome. Nit picky, yes, but it would be so helpful to do and a real time-saver.

Second, and this is probably on the roadmap too, I would love to be able to copy an element/text/style from one design and paste it into another that is in a different file.

Finally, also probably on the roadmap, is to be able to bulk delete pages in a file. I can bulk download them but not bulk delete. Would be another big time-saver.

Emilie Josephine
Emilie Josephine
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 27/05/2020

Canva is perfect if you are on a tight budget or schedule!

Canva is a perfect solution for anyone who owns their own business or is thinking of starting their own. In 15 minutes - you can have a social media post, an Infographic, or a presentation all done. It is very cost effective (I believe we paid $13/mo when we first started a paid subscription) and gives you access to thousands of icons, videos, photos, fonts, and templates. When I ran our social media in the beginning, Canva allowed me to create 50-75 social media posts in a couple of hours. My team can now do 500 in the same time period and it has thus increased our productivity tenfold.

Pros

Canva is an absolute dream to work with. Not only is their product cheap (you can get started for free and this includes many free photos and elements), but it is extremely user friendly and has a vast library of templates. Starting with the free version and paying for “add-on” single images or videos (even if you do not have pro, you can pay for individual items you want) is the best way to get acquainted with Canva without the commitment. However, once you start using it regularly - I can almost guarantee you will fall in love with it.

Cons

There is almost nothing I do not like about Canva, but if I was forced to choose something it would be that videos downloaded “all at once” does not end up as individual files in a zip folder like pictures do, but rather as one continuous video. I can appreciate why this is great for those who do not have a video editing software, but I wish there was an option to “opt out” of the download as one single file (the workaround is to download each “page” individually, but this takes time).

Tarunabh
Tarunabh
  • Industry: Motion Pictures & Film

Reviewed on 12/10/2020

The best online graphics designer with readymade customizable templates

Canva is a very easy online designing app that delivers result really fast. From a promotional and online marketing perspective, using designs created completely within the Canva workspace enables me to save time and maintain a professional standard and consistency in all my final outputs.
The readymade templates are very well-thought-out and I can easily find a suitable design template of my niche to modify and kick start my creation process, even in times when I am having difficulty to conceptualize a creative design. I highly recommend Canva for both amateurs as well as professional designers. Even non-designers can achieve a decent output with the help of Canva.

Pros

Before using Canva Pro, I was using Photoshop regularly and combining it with templates from Envato Elements. It yielded quality results no doubt, but it was a time-consuming process. I was not expecting Canva to be a replacement of Photoshop, but since I had to design lots of posters and graphic ads for social media regular posting, Photoshop wasn't the best choice. Canva really solved this problem. I can design professional quality graphic designs, posters, banners, flyers, brochures, invitations and business cards, logos, infographics - you name it, Canva has it all! Not only does it have thousands of top quality templates to choose from, I can also start from scratch and do a combination of different elements and assets, that can be selected from Canva's readily accessible library of millions of the best premium stock photos & videos, png elements & cliparts, and a vast collection of fonts. Another very helpful aspect worth mentioning is the ease of navigating and using the editing features and tools available within the Canva designing workspace. There is virtually no lag or glitches when you play with the dials of image effects and adjustment windows or when you resize and reposition, or copy certain design elements from one template to the other. The background remover tool inbuilt is probably the best one online, that I know of. All these wonderful features makes the whole workflow of using Canva layouts very convenient and satisfying.

Cons

Canva's monthly and yearly pricing for the Pro version are expensive to maintain.
In comparison to Photoshop, I find the layering of Canva templates and the editing and selecting of each layer within a composition/layout, very inconvenient. When layers are overlapping, there's few to no options to modify and select individual layers with ease.
Also, when I drag a new image into my layout, it snaps and replaces existing image and I have to really struggle to avoid Canva automatically doing that.
A better folder organizing system for my custom uploads, with tags can go long way in bringing more discipline and efficiency to the workflow.
The video or animation editing is very primitive, and even other basic designer tools like Placeit or invideo have much better and diverse ways of video creation. Canva still lacks a timeline editor window or keyframe animation, like that found in Pix teller.

aymane
aymane

Reviewed on 17/03/2021

"best website to easy design"

Canva is excessively acceptable. It is a one-stop answer for me. Regardless of whether I need to make content for online media stages or my web journals, I generally use Canva. As a result of its effortlessness, I could never consider any elective choices of Canva. We have been utilizing Canva generally for introductions, online media substance, and logo planning. Our transition to Canva has enormously diminished the expenses and time we spent on standard planning programming and recruiting specialists. In spite of the fact that Canva is an astounding application with regards to instant planning, there are as yet numerous restrictions that we feel will be dealt with later on. Other than video altering, introductions, and some other inaccessible choices, I wouldn't anticipate that you should have the option to deal with a plan, print, and advertising position either on the grounds that that is not what you do." to put it plainly, stick to what you know and leave the rest to experts. It will cost you less over the long haul. The membership cost is likewise little and sensible.

Pros

My experience on the Design portion of Canvas has consistently been excellent and I have been utilizing it for quite a while. Straightforward, fast, and simple to utilize tools.it s truly incredible, functional, pleasant plans, the excellent incentive for cash. amazing help, both regarding the plan and their print shop. I requested cards and shirts, both followed through on schedule. Taking a gander at different surveys, I additionally need to say that I never expected to call their after-deals administration, yet one of my clients was not content with the nature of the hello cards, and Canva offered them to her. re-imprinted on more excellent paper and she just needed to pay the distinction. I made a logo which I at that point printed as a business card and card I got all more than four days and of excellent quality, I prescribe it to any individual who needs to figure out how to construct their picture. Similarly, as with a game, the more hours you spend there, the more you will test.

To put it plainly, I suggest with shut eyes

Cons

I take a gander at the following information and they will not be here until MONDAY. It can get laggy and moderate when you're assembling your plan. M envisioning the site has a lot of segments to deal with, yet here and there the slacking is deplorable and wasteful. was utilizing the free preliminary and made an introduction. I invested a ton of energy and exertion on this introduction. A couple of hours in the wake of making alters to it, the application would show a clear screen or give a blunder at whatever point I attempted to open it, download it, or make a duplicate (both on my telephone and on the entirety of the gadgets and programs I attempted). I connected with client care about this matter on Sunday night. It is currently Wednesday evening and nothing has been finished. They continue to give me the very conventional messages that they're chipping away at it and will tell me when it's fixed. I inquired as to whether they could in any event give me a pdf duplicate of my introduction so I can move it to PowerPoint and keep dealing with it, they won't ever reach.

Vivekananda

Reviewed on 30/10/2022

Canva claims charity rather than business

In a word, Canva is a software that has least shortcomings. So, Canva is highly recommended and esteemed to all the initial users, with the maximum features that are free to use, to be benefited from their business. Canva claims my fascination and illusion for all commercial entrepreneurs, photographers, graphic designers for the creation of quick and easy flyers. So, my enthusiasm knows no bounds during using this software to make my export professional.

Pros

We need no basic computer knowledge to customize this software, even without being a graphic designer by profession. A new designer or a new youtuber can easily use this software, just within one or two days, with some tutorials, available on youtube. Canva provides us with all endless efforts to resize the project for PDF for our branded content. Adding video, adding music, adding cool titles are super simple. Thousands of elements are also free to use for our commercial purpose and our professional youtubing although the pro-version of this software is not, at all, much expensive for a new beginner. The free use of all the digital assets like endless templates, graphics, copyright free images, videos, variety of fonts are all available in variety of formats to export our project for the creation of our business reports and project reports. Canva is also admirable for all free and pro creative services like video editing, photo editing logo designing, web banner designing, poster making, social media posting thumbnail making ----- what not ? All the features like the removal and replacement of background, layer, frames, resizing project, light adjustment, color adjustment, blur effect, filter editing are truly amazing for all our social media platforms, but also for our commercial purposes, according to the requirement of a new beginner to give the design professional looking. The most commendable feature of this software is that all the saved projects remain as usual

Cons

The symbol of watermark can not be removed from the project by following any trick if we don't get the pro-version to use. During downloading multiple files, the automatic compression of the files into a zip file and downloading as a single file, the limitation of traits for video editing, the limitation of filter during editing photo, the blockage of some features (for instance : shapes and frames ) and some songs seem to me to be the prime drawbacks of this software. It needs more modification for a new user to make the software more user-friendly. Besides, the manipulation of digital projects, after being downloaded is absolutely impossible to the users. The free users of this software need to be with more features in variety of graphics, images, templates. Mainly, whatever whatever I want to focus is that the photo editing traits are also not as much as we need for youtube videos. The authorities, concerned need to modify the photo adjustment tool in this software. Some designs look somewhat blur as they lack their uniqueness. The support team should be more aware of their customer support, at least, for their pro-version users. As much as I know, a regular upgradation system requires to be more developed from now onward. Last but not least, I really pant for the new development of this software for more acclamation.

Melanie
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 19/06/2023

Endless Possibilities at Your Fingertips

With Canva, I’m able to generate and finalize projects much quicker, easily collaborate and have endless inspiration and possibilities. It’s one of my Happy Places so my work is never boring!

Pros

I have used a number of design projects but Canva continues to impress me by unleveling their features and functions to make it more robust. I love how easy it is to customize their templates, the autosaving feature, the resizing and the number of designs you can create from just one initial design without having to “reinvent the wheel.” Their virtual conferences are super informative and engaging and I love having my content stored so I don’t have to worry about losing work or progress when on different systems of if a system crashes. It’s basically a super hero as far as quick design concepts go and if you’re creative, you can really customize so nothing feels "cookie cutter-ish”<------—I’m pretty sure that’s not a real word. I also love that I can download files in several different formats and share easily with collaborators.

Cons

As a designer of color, I was glad to see far more assets being added recently that reflect more a more diverse representation in photos and graphics but I still feel like this area is still lacking, particularly in phots. I have a membership for stock photos so I can find what I need when it’s not on Canva, but it seems they tend to have a fee associated with those of greater quality and/or those that are limited.