MidexPRO Reviews

4.9

4.9

About MidexPRO

MidexPRO is one of the UK's leading providers of private practice management software. The intuitive system enables individuals, practitioners and consultant groups to run busy practices easily and efficiently. Appropriate for...

4.8
4.7
4.8

Browse MidexPRO Reviews

Jess

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

Midexpro

Excellent overall experience and couldn’t run my dermatology practice efficiently without them. Highly recommend.

Pros

The layout and intuitive use is fantastic. It’s easy to use and the new midexTask feature helps organise patient administration such as checking results. We can take online payments easily. Having used more traditional systems in the past this is fantastic in comparison and they are constantly adding new helpful features and always answer the support telephone!

Cons

We had to have an additional account so myself and my secretary could access at the same time.

Response from Avebury Computing

Thank you Jess or the wonderful comments you gave the software and the team. I am really pleased to read that you find MidexPRO easy to use and favourable to your previous supplier.
Should you need any assistance in the future, please do contact Support.
Again, thank you for taking the time to leave your wonderful comments, I will pass on your comments to the team.

Replied 26/11/2021
Sara

Reviewed on 05/10/2022

One of the best Medical systems!

One of the best systems out there that is extemely easy to use and[SENSITIVE CONTENT]
and his team are always on hand to help with everything

Pros

I have been using MidexPro for a very long time and find it one of the easiest systems to use. From accounting to scanning in patient records it is excellent

Cons

There is nothing! I havent yet come accross anything

What a wonderful review.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your comments

I will pass on the comments to the rest of the team, especially Support who will be thrilled to have received such a positive review.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to expand on why MidexPRO is the best Practice Management Software provider for you.

Replied 11/10/2022
Linda

Reviewed on 30/11/2023

Helpful approach to issues, much more computer literate than me, but did not make me feel...

Pros

Easy to use and there are many options

Cons

I feel sometimes a short cut could be available.

Response from Avebury Computing

Hello Linda and thank you for taking the time to leave a review of MidexPRO.

I am pleased that you found the system has many options to help you and that Support were very helpful.

I am going to ask one of the team to call you regarding the short cut you mentioned to see if they can help you. We do have some, but not for all tasks due to the amount of Specialities that use MidexPRO who use us in a different way to others.

That said, if there is something you have noted for change, we might be able to see if that would benefit the system as a whole as part of our Change Process.

Thank you once again for taking the time to comment and we hope we can help you find a solution to a short cut.

Director

Replied 07/12/2023

Top MidexPRO Alternatives

Sharon

Reviewed on 15/06/2023

Hassle free experience. Would recommend!

Easy and straight forward. An approachable team, who are always happy to help.

Pros

Easy to use, with no fuss. Implemented and starting using straight away with no problems. Plenty of help and tutorials if required.

Cons

Nothing to dislike. Any 'wishes' get relayed to the team in case they can add these to future updates.

Response from Avebury Computing

Thank you so much Sharon for taking the time to leave a review of MidexPRO.

I am really pleased to read you are finding the system easy to use and are being supported well by the team and I will relay that to them.

Thank you again for offering to recommend us to fellow colleagues. We really do appreciate it.

Replied 26/06/2023
Karina

Reviewed on 12/04/2021

Midex Pro review

Great experience. Amazing service from the representatives.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and the team are always avaliable for any queries and any issues are always sorted in a timely manner.

Cons

It would be great if they developed the software to have incoming emails to allow us to switch our entire practice over.

Capsule and EXACT

Reasons for Switching to MidexPRO

The ease of integration for all medical practices within 1 software package.

Response from Avebury Computing

Many thanks for the wonderful review.
I will feed back your comments to the team and will speak to the Software team about your request relating to emails.
I suspect one of the team, Adam, will contact you later this week (Week starting the 19/04/21) to discuss further.
Thank you for taking the time to review MidexPRO and your feedback: This all helps to build the best Practice Software for our clients and potential clients.
Operation Director
MidexPRO

Replied 19/04/2021
Laura

Reviewed on 25/01/2024

Ease of use

The team are all so helpful and bend over backwards to help fix any problem you have. I am very comfortable using this system and am constantly finding new features that make my work day easier. Thanks Team.

Pros

The software streamlines administrative tasks for professionals, enhancing efficiency. It excels in appointment booking, billing and patient records. It is very easy to navigate. It cuts invoicing time down, you are able to submit invoices from just 1 platform rather that 5+. I have recently moved from paper diaries to midex diary which again has made life easier. It is a great system and I wouldn't chose to go over to anyone else as I feel majority of needs are met and if they are not met then the team are open to any suggestions to add to midex to improve it.

Cons

The only issue I have is with spell check in the emailing section but have found that you can check spellings but it is not an automatic feature, you need to click a button to check your spelling and from memory it is an American dictionary. This is a very minor issue though.

Response from Avebury Computing

Dear Laura, thank you very much for your taking the time to review MidexPRO and for such positive feedback. I'm delighted to hear that you find the functionality of the system so useful and that it's supported you in your role. I'd also like to thank you for your kind words regarding the Team. We are here to help, if there's anything we can do for you please don't hesitate to contact the Support Desk.
Many Thanks.

Replied 29/01/2024
Will

Reviewed on 07/09/2023

MidexPRO for excellent management of medical and clinical practices.

We had to find a new practice management system in a very short space of time. We looked at other options, one of which said it would take 8 weeks to set up... in this day and age, 8 weeks? Madness.So we called MidexPRO and explained our problem, that we had less than one week to get set up with a new practice management solution and these guys delivered. Nothing was ever a problem and honestly, it was a breeze to get set up and off and running. Many software programs have unnecessary features that no one uses, leading to high expenses and poor customer service. However, this was not the case once we started using MidexPRO.We are very happy with this software and highly recommend it to anyone seeking other solutions. They are a good team and will certainly get you up to speed in no time.

Pros

Outside of all the features needed by medical admin staff and consultants, MidexPRO delivers all of this and more. But what makes MidexPRO an excellent choice is the team behind the software. Our onboarding experience was excellent - the team are slick, professional, super responsive and all-around good guys. If any issues arise, it's an email or phone call away to get a quick response and solution. Training for new team members is thorough, in-depth and easy. Both our admin team and consultants are very impressed with this software and I cannot champion the team at MidexPRO enough.

Cons

We have no complaints or problems with the system. All our ideas are already planned for the future. The system is very strong and easy to use, and we haven't encountered any issues or drawbacks so far.

Response from Avebury Computing

Thank you so much Will for taking the time to leave a review.

I am really pleased to read your comments and I will share them with our team.

The Support team especially will be thrilled to hear how their help has given you a great experience thus far.

Please do remember that we are on hand to support you and your team with training now and in the future with new tools and improvements and encourage you to let us know if at any time, we can help improve your experience of MidexPRO.

Replied 11/09/2023
Svetlana

Reviewed on 13/03/2024

Customer Service

Pros

I would like to admit that Customer Service Team work so efficient. Every member of the team is very helpful, very patient, their explanations are very easy to follow and after the session, I always feel more confident at using Midex properly.
Thank you very much for that.

Cons

Sometimes, it is very slow. Also. I noticed that the payment done through Stripe sometimes not reflected in the system. A few time I had to check Stripe payments directly.

Response from Avebury Computing

Good Morning Svetlana, thank you for your kind words regarding MidexPRO. I'm delighted to hear that you find the Support Team efficient and that we have been able to support you in using the system confidently. With regards to your feedback about the speed of the system, we have recently upgraded the server and I'm hoping you will have noticed an improvement. I'm grateful for your feedback on our MXPay product through Stripe, we are currently piloting a new provider which we hope to offer to our clients shortly, this should prevent the issue described from happening.
Many thanks for taking the time to post a review.

Replied 14/03/2024
Grace

Reviewed on 14/11/2023

Easy, manageable and overall great

have used midex for 3 years now with my consultant and i wouldn't want to use anything else

Pros

Its ease of use - being able to manage everything in once place and I am constantly learning new features and having already used it for 3 years learning even more things is great !

Cons

Nit picky bits but not detrimental - it doesn't recognize "/" forward slashes when labelling documents -

Response from Avebury Computing

Thank you Grace for taking the time to leave a review of MidexPRO.

I am really pleased to see that you find the system very easy to use and that the new features we offer, give you all you need to support your work.

With regards the forward slash, this is often a problem with saving PDFs from Word rather than a specific MidexPRO rule.

Unfortunately, we are unable to change this as Word is a product of Microsoft and nothing we can control.

I will speak to one of the Support Team to give you a call and explain further or offer an alternative solution just in case I have missed anything.

Thank you once again for a lovely review and I hope we continue to deliver a great product to you.

Director.

Replied 27/11/2023
Maria

Reviewed on 22/02/2024

Happy Customer

Very good, I have no complaints whatsoever.

Pros

Package is easy to use and reliable. With fantastic support from the MidexPro team, who are always on hand to help, very courteous and patient, makes working day less stressful. The MidexPro package has everything in one and contributes to an efficient work output.

Cons

I have had time issues adding a card payment facility to our package. This issue has arisen from the supplier MidexPro use, it is not a MidexPro issue.

Response from Avebury Computing

Hi Maria, thank you very much for taking the time to send a review. I'm delighted to hear that you find MidexPRO easy and reliable to use. I'm also thrilled to hear that you find the MidexPRO team a fantastic support, I'll be sure to pass your comments on.
With regards to the issue of adding a card payment, I've spoken with the team and believe that this has now been resolved. Please do let us know if you experience any further issues.
Many Thanks

Replied 26/02/2024

Reviewed on 13/07/2021

Great little private practice database!

For me, it did everything I needed it to do and was a pleasure to use.

Pros

I have been using Midex Pro for 15 years initially using the word processing package for the clinic letters and raising the invoices for a busy and successful orthopaedic consultant. I have always found the system very intuitive and easy to use and it flows well. The team at Midex Pro are always on hand to answer queries either by phone or e-mail and they are very open to new ideas and suggestions from the users to improve things. I liked the statement reminder feature which helps keep on top of things well and everything is in one place and very accessible. There are so many features which work very well and probably many more I have never needed to use! I have never had any real issues with it.

Cons

Nothing that springs to mind actually. I might have mentioned it before now if there was :)

Response from Avebury Computing

Thank you Sarah for such a wonderful review. The team always like to work with clients to improve the functionality where its needed and as you've used the system for some years, you will have seen MidexPRO evolve into the Practice Management system it is today.
Those suggestions and improvement have come, in some part, from User experience and we are really grateful that you and others have made suggestions. Long may it continue!
I will pass on your comments to the team and know they will be really pleased.
Thanks again for taking the time to do this review.

Replied 16/07/2021
Katherine

Reviewed on 06/10/2022

I couldn't recommend Midex highly enough.

Pros

Each patient has a profile which contains all their information in one file from contact details, communications, medical information, to billing.
For the Consultant, the diary is invaluable enabling him to carry out a clinic smoothly and easily accessing patient details at the click of a button rather than endless typing ensuring that he can focus on the patient. All the information is quickly and easily available.
For the admin team, it is secure remote access enabling smooth practice and patient management. Although we already had Midex before the COVID pandemic, it enabled us to continue a seamless service for our patients.

Cons

There is only one feature that we would change regarding record keeping and the software team are already looking into how that can be improved.

Response from Avebury Computing

Thank you, Katherine, for taking the time to leave a review.

Your comments are gratefully received, and I will be passing on your comments to the team.

I am glad to read that you have made some suggestions on improvements and that the Software Team are looking at ways to improve this function for you.

Thank you again for taking the time to do a Capterra review and we hope to continue to give you the best service we can.

Replied 14/10/2022
Eloise

Reviewed on 01/10/2021

Great system to help with running a busy practice

We have been using Midexpro for over 16 years now and it has grown and developed as has our practice. It is a straightforward and easy to use software system.

Pros

The software covers all areas of running a busy practice. It is so useful to have everything we need integrated into one system.

Cons

We have discussed with Midexpro how we want to move to a more paperless office and at the moment this does not meet our requirements but I believe this is something they are working on and we hope will be set up soo.

Response from Avebury Computing

Thank you Eloise for your wonderful review.
I will pass on your comments to the team who will be really pleased to hear them.
Yes, you are correct in saying we are working on making our software, more paperless
We are working on offering an App that will help you and other clients using MidexPRO.
It is currently in the scoping stage and work is likely to begin in the next few months.

Paperless is high on our priorities as a business and we have made some great headway already with offering clients the ability to use the Patient Portal and encryption emailed for invoices, receipts and letters along with a number of other features available.
Once the App is completed, it takes us one more step in completing our Paperless goal.
Thank you once again, for taking the time to leave us a constructive review.

Replied 06/10/2021
Dee

Reviewed on 08/03/2023

5 Star

Very positive experience with Midex Pro. This is why we have worked with them for 17 years.

Pros

I have been using Midex Pro for 17 years. It is accessible whether I am in the office or on the move. I use it for all the billing, patient registration, letters and documents. Thanks to Midex Pro, our practice is very organised and using the diaries enables us to keep the clinics running smoothly.We rarely have any problems but when we do, the level of attention, we receive from the support staff is second to none. I highly recommend Midex Pro.

Cons

Honestly, nothing. I highly recommend Midex Pro.

Response from Avebury Computing

Thank you Dee for that '5*' review!
I am really pleased to read how the team and software are getting it right for you.

I will pass on your comments to them and I know that will make their Friday afternoon!

Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review of the system and we hope to continue to support your clinical needs.

Replied 10/03/2023
Kate

Reviewed on 05/10/2022

High recommend.

Great overall user experience, it does everything I want it to, and working for several different consultants I have looked at/trialled/uses several other systems on the market at the moment and Midex is in my opinion by far superior, both for ease and efficiency and support is excellent.

Pros

Midex is an excellent comprehensive, user-friendly system. Does absolutely everything you want it to, from billing, letters, recalls, diaries, reporting etc. Everything is quick and easy to use. When I changed to Midex several years ago it completely streamlined my working practices and made life so much simpler.

Cons

I haven't found anything that its lacking

Response from Avebury Computing

Thank you, Kate, for leaving a wonderful review.
I will pass on your comments to the team and share with them, your comments relating to how much MidexPRO streamlines your workload.
This is something we have aimed to do more of and glad that we are getting it right.

Replied 12/10/2022
Dawn

Reviewed on 06/03/2023

A Really Great Practice Management System

I've been using Midexpro for 21 years and also use other systems. Over the years it has evolved with the market place and the cloud based system is the best I've used. The Management team encourage suggestions from users and genuinely want to make their system the best. There's always something new to learn, and a new function to explore.

Pros

All Features are easy to use. Encryption emails easy for patients to access. No unnecessarily complications with any of the features. New functions added regularly as my job evolves to keep pace with developments i.e. tasks, integrated credit card facilities, voice recognition integration.

Cons

I have no dislikes with this system at all.

Response from Avebury Computing

Thank you Dawn for taking the time to leave a great review!
I will pass on your comments to the team who I know, will be thrilled with your feedback.

It has been a pleasure to read your comments and to know you have been using MidexPRO for 21 years! That's amazing to know!

Thank you once again for some great comments and we hope to continue to keep up the good work.

Replied 07/03/2023
Ian

Reviewed on 19/10/2023

Outstanding customer service and very easy to use

Really exceptional compared to my previous experience with practice manager. A few tweaks and its unbeatable

Pros

Ease of importing documents, tremendous customer service

Cons

The diary function is sometimes annoying- always flicks back to midnight and you have to scroll down......

Response from Avebury Computing

Good morning Ian

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review of MidexPRO.

I am really pleased to read that you have found our customer service outstanding and the software easy to you.

With regards the diary issue, we can set that function to the times that work for you. I am going to ask one of my Support team to give you a call and show you how to set the times so it doesn't flick back to midnight which will fix the scrolling point.

Any concerns at all with the system, please do give us a call. You may have suggestions that will help us improve functionality or service and we are always keen to improve where we can.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.

Replied 23/10/2023
Maureen

Reviewed on 30/12/2022

My Review

Pros

I can recommend Midex Pro highly. I have used for many years. It is simple and easy to use and contains everything you need to do to provide effective secretarial service to your consultant.

Cons

Maybe I like least the encrypted emails. Seems like patient's do not receive them sometimes or are unable to access.

Response from Avebury Computing

Thank you Maureen for your lovely review.
I am really pleased the software has all you need to carry out your day to day activities.
I will take note of the email feedback: it can be difficult to ensure all settings on patients phones allow for external emails to reach them. Sometimes, emails are found in Spam folders which can be annoying. Moving them into the main folder, can change the algorithm for future correspondence which may fix the problem.
I will ask Support Desk Manager Nathan to give you a call and give you some tips that may help with new patient.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

Replied 05/01/2023
Sue

Reviewed on 20/04/2023

MIDEX is perfect

I am now starting to invoice through Midex, although would like to be able to email directly from Midex.

Pros

The whole package is easy to use. Creating your own templates makes the process quicker.

Cons

The only thing I don't like is the fact that if I am not using it all the time during the day, it signs you out, which can be annoying if you are on a call to a patient and have to sign in again.

Response from Avebury Computing

Many thanks Sue for taking the time to leave a review of MidexPRO.

I am really happy to see that you think we are 'perfect' and I will pass your comments back to the team.

With regards signing in and out, this is for security and licencing purposes. I can understand this might be annoying though and there is a way to extend the locking process to longer. It will not be able to remove completely for the GDPR and Licence needs but I can ask one of the Support team to give you a call and see what can be done to reduce the frustration.

Thank you once again for such a wonderful review. It is greatly appreciated.

Replied 24/04/2023
Charlotte

Reviewed on 07/03/2023

Fantastic software, I would not run my business without it!

Pros

Ease of use, everything I need in once place

Cons

It would be useful to be able to view the entire list of patients in each practice

Response from Avebury Computing

Thank you Charlotte for taking the time to leave a lovely review!
I will pass on your comments to the team and ask one of the Support team to call you regarding the patients list of each practice.

We have a number of reports which you can use and if that doesn't give you what you need, a new tool, calls MXREPORT will.

This is in its testing phase right now and will add the ability for clients to arrange bespoke reporting to give you the report you need.

If you need any changes to help your business, Support will listen to your ask and start the Request process. If there is a genuine reason for change, the Senior management team will aim to fit amends or improvements to the system into the plans for Software changes.

Thank you once again for taking the time to leave a review.

Replied 13/03/2023
Hawk

Reviewed on 18/06/2021

More than a financial software

Pros

MidexPro started life AFAIK as an accounting software.
It has evolved into a patient information system as well and has enough flexibility to be adapted for uses around clinical notes.

The support behind the software is very good and responsive: replies and responses within an hour has been my experience. And the support team also tackle feature requests enthusiastically.

Cons

Being Microsoft Word -centred.

I long for a version which is iOS and touchpad friendly.

Response from Avebury Computing

Thank you so much for leaving a review of MidexPRO. I am really pleased to read your comments and see that you find the software easy and adaptable to use.
I will ask Adam to call you later this week regarding the Microsoft products and hope to help you.
Thank you once again for taking the time to leave your comments, we really do appreciate all feedback.
Caroline, Operations Director.

Replied 22/06/2021
Claire

Reviewed on 04/04/2023

5 star Customer Service

My overall experience with MidexPRO has been exceptional.

Pros

A nice straightforward software and there is always someone at the end of the phone happy to help.

Cons

I do not currently have any things which I do not like about MidexPRO.

Response from Avebury Computing

Thank you so much Claire for taking the time to leave us a Review.
I will pass on your wonderful comments to the rest of the team who I know will be really happy to have been helpful, especially the Support team.

We always aim to listen and support any requirements you have with the Software and any training needs.

We will continue this level of service for you in the years to come.

Operational Director

Replied 05/04/2023
Hilary

Reviewed on 10/06/2021

Midexpro is amazing

Compared to the hospital's system that we have to access remotely, Midexpro is far more user friendly and set out more sensibly. It is not labour-intensive compared to the numerous screens you have to go through on the hospital's own system.

Pros

Midexpro is incredibly easy to use and I have recently my 16 year old apprentice to use it who was picked it up within minutes.

Cons

I don't think there is one single thing I can think of that I would want to change regarding this software.

Response from Avebury Computing

Thank you Hilary for you wonderful review. I will pass on your comments to the team who will be really happy how well you find the system. We always welcome feedback and if at any time you have any feature requests or other suggestions, please do send into Support.
Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review.
Caroline

Replied 11/06/2021
Barbara

Reviewed on 09/12/2021

Excellent support with problem I can't do by myself

Pros

Clear navigation around the platform and many different options for management

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of just now.

Response from Avebury Computing

Thank you Barbara for taking the time to leave a review of MidexPRO.
I will pass on your kind comments to the team and I know they will be really happy to hear them.
We value all feedback, good and bad and also listen to you, our clients, to hear how we can improve on functionality.
If there is anything you feel we can improve on - Features, Quality and Ease of Use, please do contact Support. The team are happy to take your comments forward and if we can make adjustments to the Software that will improve the above, we will happily consider them.
Once again, thank you for your time and positive comments.

Replied 14/12/2021
Louise

Reviewed on 01/07/2021

amazing assistance

EXCELLENT

Pros

i MADE AN ERROR IN INVOICING THE INCORRECT AMOUNT AND TAKING PAYMENT FROM THE PATIENT
WITHIN MINUTES OF LETTING MIDEX KNOW - THEY HAD REVERSED THE SAID ERROR AND CREDITED THE PATIENT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR AMAZING SUPPORT

Cons

NOTHING I DISLIKE - IT IS EASY TO LEARN AND EASY TO MASTER

Response from Avebury Computing

Thank you Louise for your wonderful review. I will be sure to let the Support team know the positive comments made about their efforts in helping you.
The Software team do aim to make the software easy to navigate and I'll pass the positive comments back to them.
Thank you once again for taking the time to do a review. We really do appreciate your time.
Kind Regards
Caroline Corrigan, Operations Director.

Replied 05/07/2021