About Unanet A/E

Unanet’s ERP solutions are purpose-built from the ground up for Government Contractors, A/E, and Professional Services organizations. 3,100+ organizations utilize the power of the Unanet software to gain insights, make more...

Browse Unanet A/E Reviews

Susan M.

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Great for small engineering firms!

Overall we are very happy with Clearview. The attention to detail in each applet makes for a thorough accounting and project management system that can't be beat.

Pros

This software is easy to use and the support team is great for every question and issue you have. The daily financials and banking systems are easy to follow, and the way employee timesheets, bill reviews and invoicing systems are integrated make billing a breeze.

Cons

Custom reports can be tricky, but the support staff is very knowledgeable and will help you out.

Don M.

Reviewed on 08/05/2017

Very Easy to use compared to other time sheet systems.

Pros

The ability to document as much as possible...adding documents..no character limit for comments. also the ability to copy and paste existing information

Cons

Sometimes information is lost if more than one person accesses the time sheet. Also the ability to have more than one time sheet open at the same time and different information showing up on each.

Michael H.

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

InFocus has been the glue that holds our organizational pieces in place.

We know have command of our numbers. It's fantastic to see our organization by the numbers in real time and be able to make financial and project decisions.

Pros

InFocus provides such an intuitive user interface and provides incredible flexibility.

Cons

There is a slight learning curve for folks who are not accounting savvy.

Lucinda S.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Overall product it good

Pros

What I like the most about this software is the ease of exporting reports to excel

Cons

What I like the least about this software is the billing of reimbursable expenses. When part of a fixed dollar amount it does not break out the time from expense.

Rick W.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

User Friendly

Pros

The greatest pro for this product is just how user friendly InFocus is. Very clean interface. Minimal training needed.

Cons

The only really con is not enough people are using it. Other than that I don't really have any complaint from my perspective.

Scott W.

Reviewed on 08/05/2017

Great customer Support, would like more data on features

Pros

Online, web based in the cloud. Dashboard is pretty easy to use, very visual. Need a better way to customize dashboard.

Cons

Need mac version. Need a better way to customize dashboard. Would like to be able to send help tickets direct from software.

• Industry: Design

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Endless capabilities on a dated platform

Capturing employee time sheets, project costing, invoicing, etc.

Pros

The software has the ability to capture an unlimited amount of data and translate that into what seems to be and infinite number of custom reports for analysis.

Cons

The software platform is dated and does not appeal to the progressive user. Functionality is excellent if all data points and selections are properly input. Many erroneous mistakes are unidentified until you reach a failed attempt to export a related function.

Tian you S.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Benefit of using Clearview Infocus

Pros

Clearview Infocus offers a lot of nice features to improve the project workflow, and save you a lot of time.

Cons

It is hard to learn at the beginning. you either need to have training by your own team or third party consultant.

Igor T.

Reviewed on 20/05/2016

Good collaboration software

Pros

Our firm project leaders are excited about abilities and integrations. it make their jobs easier to manage.
Before we used multiple excel spreadsheets, now Clearview help us organize everithing!

Cons

None yet. I like it. No disadvantages at this moment

Emily Y.

Reviewed on 23/03/2017

A software that fits our need

Even though, Stillwater Energy is a small company, we are an energy consulting firm, InFocus provides us a very good tool to keep track timesheet by projects, for managers to do project planning. Even better is whenever encounter a problem using the program, either get on the Help Center to browse articles or videos or open a ticket , we can always get our problems resolved almost instantly.

Good for our industry

Huge time savings getting through invoicing. All information input into one system. Ability to have projects and invoicing tied together.

Pros

I like that we can build estimates and track a project from beginning to end. All costs go in and are automatically available for invoicing at markup rates. Flexible and able to have multiple price sheets. Integrated with project scheduled, resource planning, time sheet and expenses.

Cons

Interface is a little outdated. Some standard reports you get in products like Quickbooks are not present. Mobile timesheet is a little outdated but works.

Madeline M.

Reviewed on 10/05/2017

I find the program difficult to maneuver when trying to set up projects and invoice

Pros

I like that each PM has the means to review and prepare their own invoice. I would like to know more on how to set up a template style that can be imported for each project and then alter from there.

Cons

I wish it were easier to move time tickets around. It takes many clicks to get to move a time ticket to where it needs to be when entered in the wrong location. I wish uploading documents was easier and that I did not have to put on my desk top to move. To edit fees you need to be in one place, to add tasks you need to be in another. The program is not intuitive.

Alla D.

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

InFocus for engineering firms

Overall, flexible software accommodating engineering firms and great support team to work with.

Pros

Absolutely incredible customer service - a great team of highly skilled professionals providing a quick answer via an open ticket, a walk-thru via Webex or customization via a Work order.

Customization in data presentations, security, permissions, reports. An end user can do a desired customization him/herself or ask the Clearview team to run a script to implement it.

Constant development and training. Workshops, webinars, announcements, updates. Continuous improvement in all InFocus features and options. Clearview team always moves forward to the new advanced ways to use the system, always up to date with technology.

Cons

Whenever and whatever we like least in InFocus, we bring it up to the support team and try to change it to the way it would work out for us or find the best solution for it. In most cases it is all repairable and we get the changes we want to use InFocus more efficiently. InFocus team is open for ideas and suggestions and many improvements we asked for have been already in place and we use them routinely now.

Filmore W.

review

Pros

ease of use, cost efficiencies, reduced staff and operating costs

Cons

export to excel, formatting before downloading could improve

Stephen K.
  • Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

A very Customizable Software Product

Pros

First of all, I am not an accountant, but DBA/Software Developer. The ability to create customized reports, actions, and dashboards (both traditional and analytical) and incorporate them seamlessly into Infocus really makes this product stand out from it's competitors.

Cons

There are a few consistency issues between the applets that are annoying at times.

Tonya B.

Reviewed on 18/05/2017

Great Software. We don't use all of the functions, but the ones that we do use are great.

Pros

I loved that we were able to transfer roughly 18 years of data over to this software. That was one of the main reasons we switched to this software.

Cons

There are a lot of functions that we do not use in the software, but I understand how important they would be for larger firms. It would be nice to have a scaled down version of this software for smaller firms.

Caleb N.
  • Industry: Design

Great, but complicated.

We use clear view to manage our projects with respect to time and budget. Clear view has made it easier to track our projects with the dashboard as a project manager.

Pros

The Dashboard is great and I love how I can configure it to exactly what I need

Cons

User interface is not user friendly. Meaning there are too many steps to accomplish one thing.

Chris M.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

Clearview Infocus

Pros

Fairly easy for end users to navigate and accomplish what is needed, once accimated. Straightforward back end management.

Cons

Bit of a learning curve to get going. After that it feels more intuitive.

Martha C.

InFocus Cloud

Pros

The ability for project managers to see the status of their projects. Accounting, Project Management and CRM all in one place.

Cons

The reports are some time hard to navigate or design if you don't have report building experience

Kevin M.

Reviewed on 09/05/2017

Seems to be pretty straight forward.

Pros

Organization is pretty good. Interface is fairly straight forward. Design of programming works well and is easy to follow.

Cons

Features of input seems to change at times. Seems to be other characteristics of the software that are unknown to me.

Marilyn S.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Accessibility

Pros

Customer Service is top notch. Very helpful in tweaking the program to my business. Fast response.

Cons

Learning curve - just because I still had to do my job while learning a new software. So I had to do everything twice.

Leora S.
  • Industry: Philanthropy
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

Project Management Portion

Pros

-Very organized and easy to manage
-Very simple
-I like the way your able to group products
- I like the charts!
-Not so expensive

Cons

The look is what throws me off most its way too simple. For the 21st century I believe that they could have done a better job.

Bill M.

Reviewed on 23/03/2017

Clearview Feedback

When entering data into fields, the system doesn't always accept partial entry and autofill the choice(s) of module, i.e. Vendor name, if you don't use full name in search box, it generates an error "Vendor Not Found" and clears the entry box vs. leaving it as you entered and allowing you to edit to save time

Rhonda S.

Clearview InFocus

Positive

Pros

Ease of daily use and streamlining of all of my tasks.

Cons

there is nothing that I dislike about this software.

Erica L.

Reviewed on 20/03/2017

Functionality at its Finest

Being a newer accountant in the engineering industry, I had a bit to learn about how jobs are billed, tracked, etc. It is definitely a different process than accounting for goods being sold! I came into my job as the implementer of InFocus and learned A LOT simply by learning the system. InFocus is so easy to use and straight forward. If there is something that I don't catch onto right away, the Clearview support team is always ready to help and quickly help resolve the issue.

As the years have gone on they have updated the system based on feedback from their clients, which is amazing! The changes they have made make things run more smoothly and it is great to know that they are listening to the needs and desires of their clients. InFocus also has a built-in reports, but also its own report builder tool if the report you need isn't automatically there you can create it yourself!

Overall, I would definitely recommend InFocus to anyone looking for new engineering software. The program is easy to learn, easy to maneuver in and provides everything you would need. Even your specific need isn't met you can simply reach out to their support staff and be taken care of. It is a great software, but even better customer service - thank you Clearview team!

Pros

Ease of use, availability of support staff, resolution of issues, suggestion forum Clearview provides

Cons

Export to excel needs manipulated often, if modified the journals will show both versions