About Dext Prepare

Accountants make better businesses. At Dext, we give accountants, bookkeepers and businesses powerful tools that automatically and intelligently process and analyse financial data. Now you can advise in real time with new levels...

Browse Dext Prepare Reviews

Reviewed on 27/03/2017

Receipt Bank - Good Value for Money & Super Easy to Use

Pros

Great price
Very easy to use
Customer Service is very responsive and knowledgable
Easy interface
Great mobile App
Reduces errors

Cons

Waiting for receipt bank to read invoices, it is very fast but would be even better if faster like everything :)

Sarah C.

Reviewed on 15/08/2019

Receipt Bank is a Time Saver, however the customer service is lacking

Pros

WE like the extraction/invoice fetching ability
For the most part, the tax extraction is correct.

Cons

Customer service really lacking, often account manager are not responsive at all

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Great tool to reduce the time and hassle of collating expense receipts and vendor bills.

Pros

This is a must have application as it just cuts down so much admin. Supplier rules and giving employees their own logins to do expense reports makes it so easy to implement and get running.

Cons

System has some things missing such as multiple accounts with the same email. There is also the issue of no multilevel authorisation processes.

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

Time saver

Pros

Absolutely love the way it can OCR, use rules I set up, and then export the data to QBO

Cons

Handling of taxes... while it reads the tax amount, we in BC have a challenge with it seperating our PST and GST amounts. (But the promise a fix is coming).

Garreth n C.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

Effective, bit pricey, bit complex

Well, you get the same functionality but better with Xero Standard. So why buy this? Just get Xero

Pros

It works! The OCR was very good at reading receipts and storing data in the right ledger code. Saved me lots of time

Cons

Tricky to set up, costly. Now there are other products with same functionality but cheaper

Am S.

Reviewed on 05/01/2019

Time Saving tool

Pros

I have been using Receipt bank from last 2+ years, its a great tool to save time & a lot of data entry. My client are also happy to save time & cost due to using Receipt Bank.

Cons

In some case its mixes currency sign and user need to review receipt and verify currency to avoid later issues.

Claude W.
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 18/09/2015

Receipt Bank frees up time

I've worked with Receipt Bank for over a year. First used it for my business, then for other businesses. It's basically the best product currently on the market. It frees up time for SMEs, I can see how it worked in our practice and also for other clients. Instead of having to manually type all the details, Receipt Bank will scan it all for you and help you manage this process. The development team is very progressive and they are very keen on making this product work for your business.

Pros

It can scan hand written receipts. Taxi receipts are a headache and we've put the system to the test, it's absolutely brilliant at recognising even the odd receipts.

Cons

We had a few cases where the receipts were coded with the wrong currency, instead of GBP we had AUD. You just need to make sure you review these receipts and make sure you spot such errors.

Ron S.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 18/03/2021

Great Product Terrible Service

Pros

Its easy to use for the most part. as usual with most software support is non existent so if you are not a technical person it might not be for you- like most online products online their FAQ section will not answer any question you have. also they really do not want you to contact support so its difficult
Its a great idea and works with QuickBooks once you can figure out how to set it up. its not intuitive at all

Cons

while difficult to figure out with zero installation support it is a great idea and on its basis and awesome product- its price compared to others, but probably worth it. that being said if you have a problem with it- you are out of luck- you can try and contact support but that's a joke. they of course want an email. ive had a problem with their fetch service, which is another great idea- it will give you an error saying you are using the wrong credentials even though you can sign on the site with no problem using the same credentials. what you will get back will be endless emails with can responses using the very faq pages which are useless. they do not even log your complaint so each time their solution doesn't work you have to re explain again. even if you send the prior email in the body. they are clearly not equipped to support issues with their own software
I will tell you its a nice product and if you are technical and can figure out how to set it up you will be good. but if there is an issue with a feature forget it

Reviewed on 13/03/2018

Useful app that makes bookkeeping much more efficient

Pros

This software makes bookkeeping very easy, even when on the go. The mobile app is perfect for tradespeople and those on the road.
The dashboard feature is particularly useful to us a bookkeeping business as we can monitor that activity level of our clients as well as ensuring the correct uploading of their documents.

Cons

We have found ourselves paying over the odds for this software on behalf of clients whose business sees peaks and troughs in terms of activity and so some months can be charged at a higher rate because they reflect the previous month's activity, despite little to know uploads taking place in the month following. We would much prefer to pay for the software on a credit system whereby we pay for what we use.

Reviewed on 15/08/2018

Forget the rest Receipt Bank is the best! Save time and gather more data!

Pros

I have been using Receipt Bank alongside Xero for at least 5 years now and I have tried the alternatives but for me RB is the best! It is easy, accurate and intelligent. Its super simple app alongside the emailing in, drag & drop, dropbox link etc makes adding receipts and bills easy so you are more likely to capture more items. The OCR works well and learns (it is however worth keeping an aye on things as sometimes it can go awry!). The supplier rules work well, it has a great user interface and is simple to navigate. I know that they do line by line splits on some supplier invoices and I would like to see that get more accessible. Overall Receipt Bank saves so much time and I think that they are still developing more and more features. I have had clients that hate it and there are a few nuances that you should pay attention to at the start but once you have it works brilliantly!! I have tried Datamolino, Autoentry and Xero direct for the day to day receipts & invoices but have always come back to Receipt Bank.
Customer support has always been good, friendly and relatively speedy. I use Receipt Bank with all my clients - we insist upon it!

Cons

I would probably say the thing that comes up over again is the price (I argue that rather pay them that than me for data entry!) but maybe if there was a lower starting price? I would love to see a Bill to client button and the option to break an invoice into lines as a standard option.

Sam S.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 22/04/2020

Waste of Money

Ended up wasting more time then it was worth.

Not cheap either.

Pros

Photo recognition is very accurate and customer service is helpful and existant.

Cons

Where do i start. The system is very clunky, looks great from the outside but there are better solutions out there especially for the price. Upload a reciept and approve it. Then wait 24 hours for it to enter your accounting software. Nightmare when your trying to reconcile.

Doesnt link with QB Projects so have to go into each reciept in QB and add project. This defeats the whole purpose of the app. Oh and you have to wait for it to push to QB.

Brett G.

Reviewed on 26/07/2018

Smart Solution to manual bookkeeping entry

Time. This saves time . It also provides peace of mind.

Pros

The AI behind this software is smart and adaptive. The OCR recognition can identify the debit/credit card used on a submitted receipt and match that receipt payment to the specific bank account in your accounting software so you can avoid sending payments to the wrong account. For accounting firms, the bundled pricing is a great value to share with your clients. It does not just push the data to your accounting software, but will search your transactions in the software to try to find matches and will sync up the payments with ease.

Cons

While they are doing good with the fetch option for online invoices (they can pull the statements and invoices from online billers, such as cell phone or internet), they do not have the capability, currently, to pull bank statements. Add this feature and we have an unmatched solution to this expense capture sector in my opinion.

Alize H.

Reviewed on 16/08/2017

Manjur A.

Reviewed on 28/03/2018

Semi-Automation tool for Receipt management

Pros

Receipt scanning functionality is great, just by setting up email ID dedicated to the system can fetch all receipts and process for accounting ready details.

Cons

Some during processing its happens that wrong currency and tax code are mismatched, which leads to errors also in processing.

Sagar D.

Reviewed on 20/07/2017

One and only bookkeeping software to use

Image recognition for book keeping reciepts

Pros

I have been using this software for bookkeeping for a firsttime for bookkeepings and and I think this will be the last. So good.

Cons

Is incompatible with some of my reciepts that I use, which I have to manually add some of the items for bookkeeping.

Michael F.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Outstanding Receipt Gathering Tool

Company-wide this tool has allowed for the simplest tracking and collecting of receipts that we have utilized yet, we are excited to continue utilizing the tool.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the ease of use. It is friendly for mobile phones and mere pictures will be sufficient for processing!

Cons

No real cons about the software yet, I suppose it is easier to utilize on the web browser than it is via mobile.

Sean m. C.

Courtney G.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 19/05/2019

Receipt Bank

Pros

Fast, efficient, easy to use! Does a superb job of making out even crumpled receipts and keeping the data accurate.

Cons

Have received only a few minor errors that were easy to fix.

Reviewed on 30/05/2018

Poor product and poor customer service.

Pros

Great idea, if it worked (would be really quick and easy to use), and if it had decent customer service (so when things go wrong they are easy to sort out), but it doesn't and they don't.

Cons

Can't upload receipts separately.
I have 2 taxi receipts for the same day for the same amount (as I rounded them both up) despite the receipts looking completely different (one with about 2 lines of writing, the other with 6) Receipt Bank keep combining the receipts into one, and then deleting new versions when I try to upload them separately.

Apparently, it isn't an issue with the product because they match, supplier, date and amount but bear in mind they choose the supplier and set them both ton Taxi (whereas I would have been more specific).

They send me a link to sort it out, but the link went nowhere and ended in Oops, you've taken a wrong turn.

Now they have stopped replying.

Poor product and poor customer service.

Nick M.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 11/08/2019

Receipt Bank is helping me go paperless

Pros

Love the app which allows me to snap a picture of my receipt and upload it. Much of the info is automatically decoded by the receipt bank program.

Cons

Sometimes the vendors don't match the vendor in my QuickBooks.

Hellen M.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 22/12/2020

Efficient returns on rates

Im able to estimate the return rates easily thanks to this software

Pros

The feature is easy to use as it allows more room on regulating the risks of investment

Cons

Its subminimal to small accounts as small account holders cannot much benefit from it

Nikki B.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 19/05/2017

No more paper clogging the filing cabinet!!

Time and money saving

Pros

This software is so helpful in clearing all the receipts/invoices/statements from my desk. I either photograph with my phone or attach from email and then I can shred or delete. I've gone from spending hours filing to minutes uploading. Awesome program!!

Cons

Sometimes it takes awhile for the invoices to be processed but I don't find that a big concern as I have plenty of other work to get on with.

Joby I.

Reviewed on 30/04/2018

Finally accounts are paperless

Pros

This app saves so much time and messing about with recipes and invoices when you are doing accounts. It is very easy to use with the iPhone app, online and via email. Whenever I buy something I can just take a photo of the receipt in the app upload it and forget about it. I can also email receipts for online purchases directly to my receipt bank account.
The system then picks out all the information and passes to my accounts software (Xero) I don't have to worry about loosing receipts or searching for emailed invoices. It saves me loads of time and avoid boxes of receipts at the end of the year.

Cons

I don't really have any downsides to this product does what it says on the tin easy to use and reliable.

Audrey M.

Reviewed on 28/07/2021

I use Dext Prepare multiple time a day for various businesses

Overall I think it is a good program and helps streamline daily activities.

Pros

Easy setup and integration with QuickBooks Online. Clients find it quick and easy to use, which is a must to get everything done in a timely manner.

Cons

I find the monthly tiered subscription pricing to be a bit expensive.