About Spendesk

Spendesk is a cloud-based spend management solution designed to help businesses handle invoices, approval processes, expense reimbursements, virtual debit cards and more. The platform uses optical character recognition (OCR)...

Browse Spendesk Reviews

Lukas H.

Reviewed on 28/08/2019

Great accounting automation for distributed teams

We're a small team scattered around Europa and Asia & thanks to Spendesk, much of our accounting, requesting payments & doing personal expenses has been automated - giving us more time to focus on developing our business rather than filing manual reports & chasing receipts across departments.

Pros

- Spendesk allows to automate payments & approvals for business expenses and provides great overview over who owns which transactions, establishing great accountability
- The accounting integration (in Germany) was easy and straightforward
- Great approval flows
- It's possible to set up multiple teams & entities, modeling complex organizational structures

Cons

- Due to a change in Spendesk's internal processes in preparation for Brexit the onboarding process took 3-4 weeks, which wasn't well communicated in advance
- Each credit card's limit must be backed by money pre-loaded onto the bank account - and each card's limit needs to be 100% backed, effectively tying up an entire month of "worst case scenario" working capital
- Currency conversion charges are quite high

Response from Spendesk

Hello Lukas, and thank you very much for your very detailed review. We are sorry that you faced some issues while using Spendesk. Don't hesitate to contact our support team anytime you need, we are available for you. Have a nice day!

Replied 02/09/2019
Nicolas G.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

I have been one of the first customer of Spendesk, saved me a lot of time and mistakes

Time saving, seamless approval workflow, team management, Xero integration

Pros

Superb UX, Analytical coding, greatest Xero integration ever, no more corporate credit card, no more credit card reconciliation + I can empower my teammates and make them responsible for their budget + I am in control of my expenses without spending too much time in painfull approval workflow.

Cons

I want to use it for all my subsidiaries
OCR please ?
A dedicated email than I can use to forward my receipts directly to the solution would be great too

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Nicolas for this review! We will get in touch with you to make sure that all your subsidiaries can use Spendesk.

Replied 22/05/2018
Edwin J.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 23/08/2019

Saves countless hours

It’s globally amazing!

Pros

Accounting used to be quite painful for us. Immediate and automatic reconciliation saves us countless hours!

Cons

It’s hard to create temporary card on mobile.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Edwin for your amazing review, it means a lot to us. We're super glad that you enjoy using Spendesk and that we're helping you save lots of time! Wishing you a great day.

Replied 26/08/2019
Catherine L.

Reviewed on 21/07/2016

Drivy - Catherine La Branche-Chabo

Use both online card and plastic card. Both are very useful to me. It allows me to stop using the usual Business MasterCard.

Pros

Super easy to use, save us a lot of time, hurray for the copy-paste option!

Just really convenient to clic on a button when I've reached the limit of spending.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Catherine for spending time on giving us this great review!

Replied 05/12/2018
Megan H.

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

The simplest way to expense!

Great!

Pros

The app on this and the way you can instantly upload the receipts make this so much easier! Better than complicated spreadsheets and weeks of waiting before, Spendesk makes it so easy

Cons

Only con is that my card doesn't have contactless but I understand the new cards do.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Megan for your amazing review. And yes, the contactless card are coming...stay tuned!

Replied 16/05/2019
Ollie D.

Reviewed on 02/08/2019

Pros

It's great to make purchases and ideal that I need not use my own card for online payments

Cons

There was an issue with where my approvals went initially though this may be because of my direct report within the company

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Ollie for your nice review. We are happy to make your life so much easier!

Replied 05/08/2019
Bosko K.

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

Easy to use and great for keeping track of invoices

Pros

There is no need to hand out real CC details all over the internet and the reminders about uploading receipts are very useful.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about spendesk to be honest, it does what it's mean to do.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Bosko for your amazing review. We are really happy to help you on a daily basis!

Replied 01/04/2019
Sakshi P.
  • Industry: Market Research
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Easy to use with simple UX

Overall very easy to use
Clean interface

Pros

Simple UX
Automated reading for date and price
Intuitve

Cons

Cannot create one consolidated report with multiple items for one trip

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Skashi for taking time to give us this nice review!

Replied 28/11/2018

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

Great solution for managing payments

Pros

Payments are centralized and it's very easy to use and to deploy in the company.

Cons

The time to generate virtual cards can be a little bit long.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you for your nice review!

Replied 24/05/2019
Thang N.
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 12/01/2021

Easy invoicing

I mostly use Spendeck to get reimbursement for sending my invoices to the platform. The whole process is very easy to follow and help both me and the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to track spending and take action in timely manner.

Pros

Spendesk is very easy to use. Biggest plus for me is their mobile app - I can log my expense on the go and never forget anything. Approval process is painless for employee and admin.

Cons

Sometime the UI and texts on the mobile app and their web app is mismatch slightly, but nothing major.

Michael W.
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 30/01/2019

very easy to use

perfect

Pros

easy to use. i like that it is instantly approved for use. the single use cards work very well. easy to upload invoices.

Cons

had to use desktop to upload invoices as that was the easiest way. would be good if this was easy on phone.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Michael for your nice review!

Replied 06/02/2019
Jordi C.
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

Everything undercontrol

Pros

Having credit card as main payment method for our online providers was a mess. Spendesk gave us absolut control about our expenses, reporting and more over... authmatization! Never more share credit card data to employees.

Cons

Spendesk should have been live 5 ago to avoid past problems :)

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Jordi for your amazing review. We're glad to help you stay in control of your company spending!

Replied 14/10/2019
Pauline T.

Reviewed on 15/07/2016

Absolutely amazing tool to manage you team spendings

We implemented Spendesk as soon as we heard from them for my compan Hivy.
Hivy is a Saas helping Office Managers to answer every employee needs.

What was the problem I was facing at Hivy? Well few corporate cards, not enough agility in the team when we needed to buy stuff online.
Spendesk was the perfect tool to make my team move faster.
I used Spendesk's product since the beginning - I love the fact that each time I have a question on the product, they quickly get back to me and do whatever is needed to solve my problem.
That's what I call customer support :)

Pros

Best customer support <3
Very smooth and user-friendly design
Custom Approval flow which is great when you go on vacations - you can really delegate the payment validation.

Cons

Cannot be used with existing corporate cards.

Response from Spendesk

Merci Pauline :)

Replied 21/07/2016
Xavi G.
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Easy and amazing finance administration tool

Pros

The fact that i can scan my receipts and upload them directly from the phone. Having a Visa credit card that links directly to the app and i don't have to use my personal one.

Cons

There are too many approvals needed for every single operation

Response from Spendesk

Thank you Xavi for your nice review. Concerning the number of approvals, it might come from the expense policy of your company. Feel free to contact our success team if you have any question about the use of Spendesk.

Replied 11/10/2019
Kristan L.
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 15/02/2019

Life changer!

Loads of international travel and receipt management - worry free

Pros

I was in sales in the earlier part of my career and vowed to never return because I thought the expense reports took way too much of my precious time. thanks to Spendesk - it has literally changed my professional & personal life - bank is happy and I am hassle free - love, love love it!

Cons

literally cannot think of one - so easy to use & instantaneous....My accounting team no longer loathes me!

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Kristan for your wonderful review !! We are really happy to make your life so much easier.

Replied 25/02/2019
Anne caroline C.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

Great tool to save time and increase expense monitoring!

Great tool to monitor credit card expenses, collect receipts and facilitate accounting booking!!
Users and accounting team are found of this tool in our company since it has been implemented

Pros

Easy to implement
Time credit
Great monitoring

Cons

Could be cheaper
purple color ;-)

Response from Spendesk

Thank you for your kind review Anne-Caroline!

Replied 28/11/2018

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

Good review

Very easy to use, I use it almost daily since I work in marketing and am responsible for buying stuff for the office. I love the reminders to upload the receipts. I feel a sense of completion when I've uploaded a receipt.

Pros

Being able to automatically pay for work spendings through spendesk without having to use my own money or wait for my expenses to be refunded by my company.

Cons

Nothing, maybe make it possible to copy the card number.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you for your nice review!

Replied 13/05/2019
Vlad Z.

Reviewed on 25/12/2018

Great help for managing your work receipts

Pros

- expense cards for recurring payments
- OCR to recognise receipts
- configurable approval workflows (with auto-approval if under specified amount)
- VAT support
- mobile app
- visibility on back payments

Cons

- not enough visibility with spending per per category / missing analytics dashboard

Response from Spendesk

Dear Vlad, thank you for your kind review!

Replied 26/12/2018
Holli B.
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 24/06/2019

Instant, quick and easy to use

adhoc I need to use the company card to buy tickets for events etc. Spendesk makes it hassle free

Pros

- The speed of funds being ready to spend on my card after making my request and it being authorised.
- Not being reliant on company card holder being in the office to use the company card

Cons

I haven't experienced any issues with spendesk so far

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Holli for your super nice review. We are glad to help you better manage your spending. Have a nice day :)

Replied 01/07/2019
André C.

Reviewed on 28/03/2019

Surprisingly helpful and efficient

Spendesk allowed WeTek to manage all the paperwork related to its employees T&E, using a more efficient and correct approach. We've also improved the flexibility regarding one-off online purchases and regular subscriptions. Expenses management became simpler and its platform is very intuitive. A very good experience and I would definitely recommend it.

Pros

Automatic supplier identification and the ability to invoice the amount of documents uploaded. The user reminder feature is very useful, as well as its reports.

Cons

It would be interesting to be able to select the expiration date of the issued credit cards. Also, physical credit cards should somehow enforce company spending policies.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you André for your amazing review! We're really glad to help you and all teams at WeTek dealing with spending management.

Replied 02/04/2019
Alexis L.
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 24/05/2019

Heroes Belgium Review

Pros

The fact that a physical card becomes useless and that I can delegate payments and bookings to team members whilst keeping the control over the costs

Cons

The few times the generated card doesn’t work

Response from Spendesk

Thank you for your nice review Alexis. Sorry to here that you are facing issues with your card generator. Your account manager will get back to you shortly!

Replied 27/05/2019
Celine V.

Reviewed on 21/07/2016

My easy Life with Spendesk

With employees of 13 different time zones, manage their needs and expenses were a puzzle..
and 3D Secure, sending SMS to our CEO who wasn't necessarily available to transmit me the codes ... I was pulling hair. Now the life became easy

Pros

automated management, delegation and approval by setting dedicated team.

Cons

Some websites, not much, doesn't accept virtual card

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Céline for your time and your review!

Replied 05/12/2018
Rhodri J.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

Great product

I'm spending less time filling in forms for credit card spends, scanning receipts and chasing invoices.

Pros

Ease of use. Easy to keep track of payments and receipts. More secure than using a normal card.

Cons

Can't think of any.

Philip L.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 21/05/2019

Excellent Product!

Pros

I am using the software for all my travel expenses. I do not work in finance, so I do not have much insight on the usability for the company overall but as an individual, Spendesk makes it extremely easy to manage my expenses.
The App helps to keep everything organised while on the road.

Cons

I have no complaints about the software. Again, I do not manage the finances for the company but for me personally, there are no cons.

Response from Spendesk

Thank you so much Philip for your nice review. If you need any assistance while traveling, do not hesitate to contact our support team and we'll be glad to help!

Replied 22/05/2019
Natalie T.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Very good, can definitely recommend it.

Pros

It's very user friendly and saves a lot of time with my expenses.

Cons

I like that it tells me that my request has been approved. I don't like that I have no idea when the payment will go through.

Response from Spendesk

Hello Natalie and thank you for your nice review! We are really happy to help you save a lot of time with your expenses :)

Replied 18/07/2019