Sage Fixed Assets Reviews

About Sage Fixed Assets

Manage your fixed assets from acquisition to disposal with our best-in-class, comprehensive solution, Sage Fixed Assets. Capture, track, transfer, and depreciate your fixed assets with cost-saving, risk-reducing accuracy. Sage...

4.2
4.1
3.9

Browse Sage Fixed Assets Reviews

Reviewed on 28/08/2018

Easy and High Functioning

Pros

Sage Fixed Assets has been able to fulfill all needs I've had while tracking multiple companies fixed assets. The interface and reports are well laid out. Customer Service team has been very helpful.

Cons

It does become very slow as a large amount of assets are added to a database. Some changes to individual assets trigger other changes without alerting the user - such as changing depreciation type can change estimated life.

Cecelia
  • Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Reviewed on 04/05/2023

Excellent fixed asset software

Pros

We like how easy it is to use. There are times we have many assets to use or purchase a new company, Sage Fixed Assets provides the ability to upload this information from an Excel spreadsheet. It saves many hours of typing each one in.

Cons

The inability to hold assets for sale and freeze depreciation at that point in time. When the sale actually happens it forces that additional months of depreciation on the asset. Therefore, reports are incorrect for depreciation and disposal. This is for USGaap and only affects Internal books.

Tricia
  • Industry: Paper & Forest Products

Cannot updated

Pros

Sage Fixed assets is easy to set up and use.

Cons

I cannot update. I contacted Sage and the representative did not help me at all.

Top Sage Fixed Assets Alternatives

Rockey
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

My Two Bits

It has been great.

Pros

It depreciates properly. It has multiple books. Report writer allows for obtaining information in format we need. Cost is reasonable. Have used it for about 25 years - company is stable, software reliable. Best as I recall, have only need to contact support 2-3 times over the last 20 years.

Cons

I wish I would be notified by email or telephone call when there is an update/upgrade instead of having to go look for it. Best as I recall, takes longer than I would like to get support - I'm old and like to be able to call and speak with a human being within 5 minutes.

Ralph
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 18/04/2017

Sage Accounting Software Can be improved

The program is great and it does what we need - the only thing bad about it is when there are upgrades there is always a glitch which is fixed when the next upgrade is released. Also the customer service can be improved - they place you on hold it seems like forever.

Pros

it does do the statements and reports that we need and it does let you customize your reports

Cons

the customer service - it takes forever to reach someone. When there are updates there is always something wrong with some aspect and you have to wait until the next update is released,

Chad

Reviewed on 14/03/2018

Sage has provided a solid fixed assets solution for our company.

Sage offers easy-to-use/read reports that are easily modified to a users preferences or needs. The software also provides a great solution for housing supporting documentation for each asset. This makes research easy and convenient.

Pros

Sage's strongest features are report creation, documentation ability and intuitiveness. Reports are sleek, complete and can be modified easily to meet any demands you may have, there are many options available to support documentation efforts (ie. attaching images or pdfs, additional fields for entering specific information) and the product's ease of use requires little time for users to get "up to speed."

Cons

Reports take a considerable amount of time to load based on the simplicity of many of the reports we use. Based on the other abilities of the software, I would expect reports to be generated a little quicker.

Shelly
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Good software

Pros

The product is easy to learn and use. It offers a lot of features that ensure we can complete our desired tasks.

Cons

Functionality of projected depreciation could be improved to a more detailed level.

Khethukuthula

Reviewed on 21/06/2023

Usage and cost effectivity

Good for tracking and depreciation but lacks good customer service

Pros

Sage Fixed Asset very good fro depreciation and asset tracking , and easy to use once you get the hang of it

Cons

It costs too much and the customer service is poor, it's difficult to understand at first, you need to keep practicing

• Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Long time user, it meets our needs

Pros

The previously named FAS50 now became Fixed Assets Depreciation Light I believe. It does what we need it for, but not much else.

Cons

Large price jumps to higher tiers that allow more features such as storing the database file on a network share. Pretty insane that the base level product intentionally torpedoes attempts to store the file on a network drive.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 08/09/2019

Fixed assets management

Pros

It is a very straightforward to use, no complicated method to run and understand. Can store data for more than 10 years. I personally like using it

Cons

The most concerning thing is it us only for fixed assets. Ignores other aspects of accounting.

Richard

Long-time user

Pros

Our group of companies includes several corporate entities with a variety of capital assets, including heavy equipment, processing equipment, vehicles, furniture-fixtures, IT equipment, and real estate. As a Canadian user, we have found Sage Fixed Assets to be a suitable and robust solution for the tracking of acquisitions, amortization, NBVs, month-end accounting, and year-end reporting.

Cons

Ideally Sage Fixed Assets should be fully integrated within Sage 300, our Enterprise software, which has a high degree of integration between the EQ, JC, PR, and GL modules. I visualize a comprehensive equipment master record within Sage 300, with the functionality of Sage FA. This would eliminate the double handling of equipment master records and related transactions which would be welcomed with open arms.

Teresa
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 05/05/2023

Sage Fixed Assets is Fantastic

overall this has helped managed fixed assets and intangibles.

Pros

It's extremely easy to use and easy to correct errors if anything is input incorrectly. The reports are great for exporting and help with financial reporting and audit requests.

Cons

Customer service is a little lacking. If I have questions or need help - it's definitely a slow process if anything does get resolved.

Lori
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 10/05/2023

Sage is a great fixed asset accounting system

Very good experience

Pros

Like the easy customizing and downloading data to excel. Customer service is fantastic.

Cons

More canned reports maybe. More customizing of the data screen would be nice. More attachment options and viewability.

Jim

Reviewed on 10/05/2023

Tax Director Ponders Sage

The business problem we solved with SAGE has been to handle a large amount of information to prepare Federal tax depreciation. I don't know how else we'd get it done!Thank you SAGE!

Pros

We use SAGE to prepare Tax Depreciation. It works very well to perform a very complex function. With education and experience, you can populate SAGE and make a variety of steps to meet a lot of needs for tax reporting. I love the Reports function, which makes it easy to get some forms.

Cons

I struggle to figure out how to get help from SAGE when needed. A webinar, "how to" document or 800 number for support would help greatly.

Sam
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 28/04/2023

Sage Fixed Assets are teh best!

Good product but upgrades are more painful than they should be.

Pros

Easy to group assets for better reporting and analysis.

Cons

Still have to bring deprecation JE into excel to get it to post to our ERP software.

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Awesome Fixed Asset Management Software

Pros

I like that it user friendly. The PDFs and exporting of reports are a plus, too.

Cons

One thing I wish the lower pricing categories had the consolidated reports when you multi-companies setup in a database.

Monique
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 04/05/2023

Easy to use & great way to track assets

We use Sage to track all our assets. It is very useful in calculating and tracking our depreciation. The customized reports that you can create are a great feature.

Pros

The depreciation feature is what I like most. As well as the reports for various things. The system is super easy to navigate. I would highly recommend it to anyone. I wasn't involved on the integration of our system.

Cons

I have not found any things I don't like about Sage. I find all the features I use to be easy and very useful.

Renee

Reviewed on 03/05/2023

Sage is well thought out software

The program is fairly easy to use as long as the user understands tax depreciaition requirements.

Pros

We love the number of depreciation books the program has.

Cons

I love the software. In my more than 30 years of use, I have only had one issue that support had to fix.

• Industry: Wholesale

Sage Fixed Assets

Money savings from not having outside Accounting firm run depreciation for taxes and books.

Pros

Have been using Best FA and Sage FA for 35 to 30 years. It has just worked for us for Depreciation and asset tracking.

Cons

Support used to be top notch and available immediately with a phone call. Now the support process is just a bit difficult to navigate. And no immediate answers so I can move on to next issue.

Shane

Reviewed on 27/04/2023

Good affordable solution

Just an effective way for us to track our fixed assets and identify assets that need to be located or be disposed of.

Pros

Very easy product to use, timely updates, and easy to use forecasting tools, and all of the reports we need

Cons

We have not seemlessly incorporated this system into our core accounting system. Journal entries are produced by the software but are manually keyed into our core accounting system.

Laura
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 13/11/2017

Love Sage Software

Pros

We have found Sage to be the most user friendly fixed assets software. It is easily searchable by any field and is very easy to navigate.

Cons

We didn't like that the software will let you duplicate records and doesn't prevent duplicate assets being entered. Wish there was a stop or at least a popup message that would help hedge that off.

Jane
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Sage fixed assets review

I use sage fixed assets on an annual basis for tax returns prep. There are a lot good articles to read if I forget certain steps to run reports. Overall it is user friendly and easily navigate the software.

Pros

It is very easy use and compute tax deprecation, generate various reports for income tax purpose

Cons

For state depreciation, it appears that there are no specific reports generated for certain states depreciation adjustment such as FL, NC, PA, MN, etc.

bao

Expensive on Renewal

Pros

capable of some BI reports. Some Crystal reports build in that are useful

Cons

price is too expensive for renewal. Together with Sage100, they should give customers umbrella discounts.

Josh
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 03/05/2023

It's easy when you know how and when you have the right tool

It is good overall.

Pros

The user interface, setting up templates and the asset replicate features are all very helpful.

Cons

We use the network server version and the whole update process can be tricky. Especially since it is usually once a year. It is just enough time where you forget the process of how to do it properly. Back up database, update server, update user, link database, etc...

Reviewed on 05/12/2017

Nice software to track assets and depreciation.

Pros

Easy to use and good support. Easy to upgrade and built in reports are very useful. Does not cost a lot of money compared to other offerings.

Cons

Does not tie in to any other software that we use so everything has to be manually inputted and deleted.