Sage 100 Reviews

4.1

4.1

About Sage 100

Sage 100 is a cloud-connected ERP platform (Enterprise Resource Planning) for medium-sized manufacturers, distributors, and professional service companies. Finance, budgeting, planning, inventory, supply chain, production...

3.8
3.9
3.8
3.7

Browse Sage 100 Reviews

Hillary
Hillary

Reviewed on 14/06/2023

Sage 100 is an Intuitive Accounting and Financial Management Tool.

Sage 100 compliance management functions are impressive and its and effective project cost management platform with nice budgeting capability.

Pros

Through Sage 100 tools is very effective to track project expenses and create clean and accurate financial data reports. The tool also allows easy project financial management and its billing and invoicing capabilities are excellent.

Cons

Easy Accounting tool and nothing for me to dislike or underline as a usability issue. Very functional and powerful.

Victoria
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

Perfect ERP Software for medium sized businesses

We have been with Sage for almost 7 years and it has saved us much time and money. Our old software was clunky and not customizable. We are able to now do multiple tasks at the same time, even within different companies.

Pros

Ease of use, ease of customization. Excellent customer support, excellent value for the money. Great for organizations with multiple entities - ability to switch between companies/work in different companies at the same time.

Cons

After a sales order is completed, you cannot "resurrect" it - you must generate a new number and "copy" the old sales order from history.

Renee
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 18/02/2017

Fortunately this version has been upgraded

I work in the manufacturing industry, specifically a foundry in Chicago.
Several factors bias my experience with MAS90/Sage 100. I was introduced to the software with no training or reference guide because the woman before me left suddenly and without any documentation. In a certain perspective that speaks well of this product in that simply by internet research and experimentation, as well as a few call to our highly paid "Sage" support line, I have been able to work with the system adequately.
I would love to upgrade to a new version of this Sage product and imagine that it is very likely a much cleaner and straight forward operating system
For instance, the difference between reversing a check and simply reversing the G/L transaction are two different procedures and a third procedure to void a check that has never been issued is a different procedure entirely from voiding a check that you have placed a stop payment on. In a sense, these five distinctions would be ideal for a precise audit trail if the procedures themselves were not extremely complex and vague to distinguish.
The General Leger reports are clear and are in themselves user friendly in offering the opportunity to easily make accrued and adjusting entries.
I would certainly encourage anyone to investigate the newer versions of Sage in consideration of their industry specific needs.
We have not created a direct interface between our receivables data base "Exact" directly into MAS 90 due to the particular need to maintain specific Alloy/Customer information and our small company simply lacks the time and technical understanding to do so.
Again my situation is severely biased due to my particular circumstances and I believe a newer version of Sage may very likely be an excellent ERP.

Pros

If I can figure out a highly antiquated version of their product without internal direction and assistance, I suspect the newer versions of Sage can only be fat superior.

Cons

A complete mire of ambiguity when it comes to the Accounts Payable component in this ancient version by Sage:MAS 90

Top Sage 100 Alternatives

Hailey

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

Perfect software for any business

Pros

I think the thing I like most is that fact that everything pertaining to the specific job is kept all together and easily accessible.

Cons

When using job cost, only one person can access at a time unless we purchase another license, but its not a huge deal.

Johanes
  • Industry: Machinery

Sage 100 - My Review

It's good, but your Sage Reporting and what else so confusing, it must have this and that license it ended up adding money which total subscription is not viable for small business pricing but medium or larger business. so we use barebones as what we have now.

Pros

Easy for user especially modules which is showing step by step

Cons

to add module costs lots of money, does not make sense for small business like our Company, your pricing is comparable for medium or large business pricing

SAP Customer Experience

no plan to find alternative yet due to covid-19 business environment
Danielle

Not for us

This software is time consuming. You spend more time waiting for items to post, than inputting information.

Pros

The set-up was very easy. The instructions giving was easy to follow. Customer service was very helpful with the questions that we had.

Cons

This software is antiquated. To void a payment, you have to manually void the payment. To make adjustments to a invoice, requires you to research the invoice information such as: invoice #, amount, posting date, GL code and cost code, then manually make the adjustment. In the payroll module, once you post payroll all information is gone. You can not retrieve the information.

Elizabeth
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 06/09/2019

Easy to Use but Lacks Features

It was quickly apparent that Sage was not a good fit for my company even though it was easy to figure out and integrated with many PSAs that I was considering at the time, I just wasn't able to use the US version for what I needed.

Pros

Easy to use overall. Simple to navigate, the interface is intuitive, and it is easy to reach customer service. Integrates with many PSAs.

Cons

Lacks basic features (such as recurring invoices and expenses) that most other options in this field offer.

This only applies to the US version of this software. The UK version appears to be much more fleshed out.

FreshBooks , QuickBooks Online and Xero

Reasons for Choosing Sage 100

Zoho Books had some quirks that I found to be frustrating.

Zoho Books

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100

I did not end up using Sage due to the aforementioned issues and lack of features. I went through the trial but in the end decided it wasn't a good fit.
Shivali

Reviewed on 17/03/2021

I use it daily... I couldnt be without it

I enjoy its capabilities.

Pros

Being able to lock data in a time frame. And the bank reconciliation.

Cons

A little more expensive compared to other products. But this is ok considering its features being specific to accounting profession.

QuickBooks Desktop and Xero

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100

Stability of the system. And the internal audit and control functions.
Jordan
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 08/08/2020

The Toyota Corolla. Not fancy, but efficient and reliable.

Efficient. It works. Lots of features. Reliable.

Pros

It's reliable and it's a great way to organize data. I like that I can pull data into Excel with a Microsoft Query and have multiple tables to get information from, such as invoice history, purchase order, sales order, and item information.

Cons

It's ancient looking. The aesthetics of the software in Classic View is not modern at all. However, it gets the job done and it's very efficient.

Tod
Tod
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

MAS90 - Windows - Sage 100

Custom reports are tricky in that some modules do not "play in the same sandbox" as other modules.

Pros

Once you get a sound understanding of the modules, it is fairly easy to sort and find information and to product some reports.

Cons

MAS90 was a pre-Windows software that had limits, but was workable. Then MAS90 was sold and given a facelift to become Sage 100. Sage 100 is basically a format, presentation and color change from MAS90. I used MAS90 25 years ago and learned some of the shortcuts after going to the State of the Art University. When I left the company that used MAS90, within a short time something happened to the business world: Windows. Now 25 years later and after several versions and upgrades of Windows, I am once again working with MAS90 behind the mask of SAGE 100. It is not like revisiting an old friend, but an old motel that are still using the same bedding. The training that I received did help make the reintroduction easier. It is ironic that several times in the search bar of Sage 100 it even refers to "MAS90." None-the-less as noted the Windows rise and dominance came into the mainstream if not becoming the stream of business. The tough thing is that MAS90 did not change with a Windows feel when it was altered into Sage 100. Frankly, it is most frustrating to jump from Outlook, Word, Excel then to Sage 100. Something as easy as hitting "enter" or "tab" in Sage 100 will cause redundancy in keying and wasted time. The answer is simple, the user MUST have a passion for selecting or clicking the left mouse button and consciously shifting their thinking from 2019 back to 1994 when ever they enter the world of Sage 100.

Jeff
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 05/03/2019

Solid mid-market enterprise accounting system, with quirks

Very solid system with a few frustrating quirks. You will need to host any version of Sage 100. Consider a cloud-based software as an alternative (Sage Intacct perhaps, although the price skyrockets compared to Sage 100).

Pros

-very cost-friendly pricing for small or medium sized businesses. this is the biggest selling point for Sage to me - it beats Quickbooks as a more ERP level system but is still very reasonably priced

-solid on standard accounting

-multi-company/location/entity reporting

-import/export works well

-test company option helps new users acclimate

-simple bank reconciliation module

-security and role definitions

-GL reports are very useful to financial experts

Cons

-bank reconciliation doesn't force you to reconcile to the GL cash account. That defeats the purpose of a reconciliation...

-there is almost no customizability to the financial statements. I guarantee you will need to export (Excel) or use a different software (Crystal Reports) to build your monthly financials.

-Sage 100 products are hosted in-house, so in the age of the cloud, you will still need to purchase and support your own server, a pain for a small or medium sized business.

-there are no "drill down" options in financial statements. That ability in Management Reporter was a huge plus in Microsoft Dynamics products.

-Multi-fund reporting cannot be consolidated (unless this is an add on module we didn't purchase)

-There are no reports that show unposted JEs

-AP voids and invoice reversals are a NIGHTMARE. Seriously, my staff lose sleep over trying to never need to void a check in Sage.

-Dashboards are basic. It feels very "old" as a system compared to new cloud-based options.

-No auto reconciliation. I've heard that's a selling point of Xero.

Sharon
  • Industry: Publishing

A FULLY INTEGRATED SOFTWARE SOLUTION

Using Sage 100C has provided more flexibility to the workforce and has increased productivity over the old VPN solution. With an increase in work from home scenarios, this has proven to be a helpful addition to our software solutions in conducting business.

Pros

The program has many robust features with integrated billing, and having the ability to select batch or live processing allows us to be flexible with each department. The fact that you can modify areas of the software to support your own needs is a big positive in our book. Sage does a great job with reports and extracting data to excel. The fact that it fully integrates through GL makes it very easy to use within the entire organization.

Cons

I would like to see larger fields to capture pertinent information. Additional user-defined fields that can be integrated with report design would be a nice addition. The ability to modify the canned reports and turn them into a custom report would really be helpful.

Trey

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Good program

Pros

There seems to be a module for just about everything we need to within out company, which is very nice. It was pretty easy to learn with just a little bit of practice, much of it is self explanatory to new users! I do believe that ease of use is a major pro for Sage 100. I'm pleased with amount of data/reports we can process and print out, the information we need is almost always at our finger tips.

Cons

With multiple people using this throughout our organization, it'd be nice if two people could be in the same module at once. We're constantly going door to door trying to figure out who's in a certain module and when they'll be out of it. We reference a pay rate change report often, every time we click out of it, it asks if we want to purge all the files. Someone will accidentally click it someday- why would we want to do that? I also find myself getting a number of errors and the program shutting down on me. Often times if I shut my computer down and try again it'll work correctly when I open it back up.

RHONDA
  • Industry: Printing

I don't have cloud just Sage 100

I don't have Sage 100 cloud?

Pros

The support people were excellent to work with and made our transition in 2012 as easy as a new installation could ever get. I also like that all the areas are similar, so if you know Order Entry you can translate that knowledge to say Purchasing.

Cons

When i go to create custom reports there are databases with the last three letters WRK. It would be great to have access to those databases; i realize they are a combination of existing databases but they have everything i usually need for a custom report.
The bug in the current software update where you can't close the ship-to-address box in the right corner is annoying.

• Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 18/03/2021

Many features, Poor execution

Many bells and whistles but too complicated for most users.

Pros

The production management module helps us keep track of all inventoried products and our built product. It can be easy to use if you know what you are doing. Being able to have different dates used per module is useful when you are able to use them properly.

Cons

There is a lot of background "stuff" that happens without you knowing. Also, unless you notice a discrepancy, the software will not tell you about it. We have had to rebuild the sort files in order to have the proper inventory show up. The software also gives errors often which requires you to redo the work you completed

Denyse
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Moderately ok ERP

Having been administrators for multiple ERP systems, I found Sage 100cloud to be an entry-level ERP system with limited functionality for a company our size. It might have been ok when they first started with this ERP system, but the technology was too old compared to other systems and common sense functionality was not applied (for example, to change a bin location in inventory, a warehouse person would have to access the inventory maintenance screen whereby they could change costs or pricing or more; bin location changes should occur as a transaction record outside of the inventory maintenance screen).

Pros

Sage100c was relatively intuitive to use.

Cons

Data integrity was an issue. Our VAR was excellent but even when they couldn't assist and I had to contact Sage direct for assistance, even they struggled to resolve the data issue (in one case it had to do with correcting average costs on an item held in multiple warehouses).

Ross
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 08/05/2020

SAGE 100C - robust solution

Stable, well-built product with good interface and functionality. Good 3rd party customer support. Recent better pricing.

Pros

Complete end to end ERP solution with robust modules scaled for massive implementations - now fairly priced for smaller companies without the loss of functionality.

Cons

It is a full featured product that is clearly designed for large organizations with dozens of users. In a small company it is a bit burdensome as there are no quick transactions or shortcuts. The Crystal reporting suite is also full function - but it takes a true Crystal expert to easily create reports. There is no ability to quickly create an ad hoc report, and unless Crystal is your second language, it often takes too long to build a report for a single use.

Mary
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 07/05/2020

Easy to teach new employees

The payroll program works very well with our time clock program. The AP and AR modules are easy to navigate.

Pros

Our program is very customized to our specific needs. We have several different price levels based on customer pricing and species pricing (for which type of lumber is used). It is very easy to teach new employees the proper procedures with this software.

Cons

For some reason, the program shuts down on its own. I've been told it's "because the user is clicking too often, which then confuses the software so it shuts down."

Jim

Reviewed on 28/02/2017

Simple to use, yet an accurate accounting tool

We are a mid size property management company located on the Northshore of Massachusetts. Our condominium client list is a composition of business and residential complexes. The Sage product gives us the flexibility to manage the day to day account activity, along with the accountability and flexibility to oversee the billing aspects which occur as a result of the various service request we receive daily. Our staff consist of management professions, account and billing personnel. Everyone in our organization has exposure to the Sage product even our administrative staff, who are often required to utilize the Sage product to verify client billing and invoices. It is a simple yet effective accounting and administrative product that works well for a company of our size.

Pros

Effective, yet simple to understand and utilize

Cons

Doesn't have the fancy looking categories. It's just plain and simple

Victoria
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 14/05/2020

Good, could be better

Pros

Themes capability is cool. Should be more available.

Cons

Job Cost lack of features. A/P not intuitive, e.g. voiding checks.

Brenda
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 08/05/2020

Sage 100Cloud

Sage is a good product with an excellent support staff.

Pros

The product walks you through most of the modules with ease. It allows me to give ownership to the departments that work their modules and monitor their progress. Thankful for Sage University, bundling the training so that individuals get a better feel of what their use of Sage effects within the whole organization.

Cons

The number of redundant stops in updating. The lack of ability to reopen completed items like sales orders and work orders. The inability to utilize recurring invoicing through AR, as it does not have the capability of tying out the ship to address with sales tax.

Arthur
  • Industry: Gambling & Casinos

Reviewed on 01/05/2023

Best Accounting Software

Pros

Used Sage 100 for over 10 years across 2 different businesses. It is the best overall Accounting software that I have used. It is highly customizable and offers all of the features necessary to successfully manage all aspects of our company.

Cons

CRM integration would be the best addition that could be added to Sage 100. A single point of access rather than different software.

Nicole

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

LOVE Sage 50!

Pros

- User Friendly
- Easy To Use
- Simple To Understand

Cons

- N/A ..... I literally love everything!

QuickBooks Enterprise

- Reviews
Denise

Why I like Sage

Pros

I like how easy it is to get the information that I need when I need it. Reports are easy to read and understand. It is very easy to maneuver around.

Cons

Before we upgraded to a newer version I liked the way my reports printed off. Some of the reports went to landscape and some stayed portrait. With it doing that some of my reports are more pages.

Kathy

Reviewed on 21/03/2018

Director of Finance

Master programmers and software support is available across the US. If you don't like your support group, you can easily hire another. No need to convert software solutions.

Pros

This software is easily customizable at install AND it is reliable. The software updates are rarely a problem; no need to wait for other users to test and work out the bugs found in some software updates.

Cons

Module pricing is a little more costly than other software, but then again how much is data integrity worth?
I like to sleep at night, so it's a good investment.