Apptivo Reviews

About Apptivo

Apptivo is a cloud-based suite of applications designed to help small businesses manage a range of functions including financials, human resources and supply chain management. Apptivo’s customer relationship management (CRM)...

4.7
4.2
4.7

Browse Apptivo Reviews

Don
Don
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 18/06/2021

Apptivo is THE Best CRM Software System Available!!

Outstanding! This is the fourth CRM implementation that I have administered in my career and it was by far the simplest and smoothest process with the greatest customization and functionality! After going through the selection process and reviewing all of the "top CRM Solutions" in great depth, I chose Apptivo and I am super glad that I did! Apptivo keeps the system simple to use, which is a must for sales reps, and provides the customization required. The other "top CRM Solutions" have forgotten what salespeople are REALLy looking for in their CRM tool and as a result, made their system more cumbersome for the user. Not Apptivo, they are deploying their system in the right way and there is no extra charge for excellent customer service! The Apptivo team closely manages my account and QUICKLY addresses any items that I want to change. This has been an excellent rollout!

Pros

Ease of use and customization is awesome! They have kept the system simple while implementing a number of dynamic and intuitive functions. The customer service is EXCELLENT! Most CRM companies just want to sell a boxed product and forget about the user. Apptivo takes the time to identify what the user truly is trying to accomplish and then customizing the software to precisely meet the users' requirements.

Cons

NONE! There are no cons with Apptivo! The system is EXCELLENT!

Zoho CRM, Salesforce Sales Cloud, SugarCRM and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

ACT! is a waste of money! DO NOT BUY ACT!

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

Better customization, easier to use, licensing was the least expensive, cloud-based, 24/7 customer service support at no extra charge.
Marc

Reviewed on 09/02/2023

Apptivo Training and Configuration Support

In general, a very positive experience. I have found the online "chat" support to be hit and miss, with a lot of the agents not having much knowledge in helping solve the problem at hand. Conversely, the "paid" configuration support has been generally excellent. My configuration support rep ("[sensitive content hidden]") has been a tremendous help in custom configuration assistance.

Pros

The "all-in-one" aspect of various business modules makes this more than just a CRM tool.

Cons

Some of the relationships between fields in the various modules do not work as advertised and/or need work-arounds in the configuration

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

Prophet user interface (through Outlook) was lacking, plus it didn't have all the other customer interface modules (order management, work order management, etc.) that Apptivo has. In general, the user interface of Apptivo is far superior to Prophet as well as response times for entering / retrieving information.

Prophet CRM

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

Far superior in terms of customer support, usability, and overall price.
Brendon

Reviewed on 14/07/2023

Apptivo Review

Pros

It's a versatile product once you get over the hurdle of understanding the basics.

Cons

More connectivity with other applications is needed. A lot of extra development work is needed for many of the most used applications to be connected.

Top Apptivo Alternatives

Mike

Reviewed on 16/05/2018

Good but so much opportunity to be so much better

Pros

I can adapt it to my needs.

I feel that when I make a suggestion for improvement it will genuinely be listened to.

Cons

There are a lot of bugs - this is why I have marked the overall quality down. We are always creating something and then it crashes, or it wont save and we have to start again. Or emails never arrive which causes big problems. Whenever there are updates, something unintentional seems to get affected. Perhaps more testing before going live. It feels a bit unprofessional sometimes.

We can't test our own changes, so when I am updating things and people are using it, it can be disruptive. I really need to make changes and test before going live.

The support is not always perfect. Some times its great, but sometimes I am not understood. The right intentions are always there though.

Response from Apptivo

Hi Mike,

The only way to achieve this would be to have another account that you can use as a test account. It wont have all your production data, but you can certainly use that to test out config changes.

For enterprise accounts (larger than 250 users) we do provide multiple dedicated environments as its pretty normal to have dev, QA and production accounts in that setting.

We are constantly working to improve the quality, while keeping the pace on new features. I totally understand when some of these new releases cause disruption to existing processes, but we are working to make these changes as seamless as possible.

Thank you for your feedback though. We'll continue to refine our execution.

Replied 11/10/2018
Gina

Reviewed on 16/08/2021

Exceeded Expectations

The onboarding team was wonderful and addressed every issue that came up. They were incredibly responsive and Apptivo delivered on all the features we wanted/needed. Apptivo is an absolutely critical part of our business at every level. From lead management, to sales and quoting, to implementation and onboarding of new customers. It is so much more than a CRM for us.

Pros

The onboarding team made sure all of our data was transferred over as we expected and they made everything so easy for us. It is really feature complete so we were able to eliminate multiple other systems and consolidate so it is easier for all staff involved.

Cons

The Outlook integration has had some trouble with calendar appointments that we had to work through.

Salesforce Sales Cloud and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

We were going to need to spend a lot to re-vamp some processes and it is all consultant based with Dynamics so we decided to look around at other options. Apptivo was by far the best fit for us. It is less costly and easier for us to maintain ourselves. Support and onboarding with Apptivo is top notch.

QuoteWerks and Freshdesk

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

Apptivo is incredibly feature complete and they are more cost effective and support their own product so we can make changes ourselves and also reach out to their support team for help if we need it. It was the best fit for our business by far.
Maira
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 16/11/2022

Flexible Software Platform

Cloud-based product is easy to use from anywhere, including mobile device. We required significant system customizations and most were successfully implemented. While we have trouble resolving issues using Apptivo's general Tech Support chat function (probably due to our breadth of customizations), our PM and Apptivo's technical team always provide good support when we have issues to address!

Pros

Its ability to accommodate the range of sales and technical information we track in a CRM. The Apptivo team was willing to affordably undertake necessary customizations to tailor the product to our business model.

Cons

Certain basic tools (i.e. drag and drop column-builder) are not features of this system. List upload function is complex. Mobile functionality is somewhat limited. Outlook integration is less user-friendly / flexible than ideal. Reporting functionality is limited without customized reports.

Salesforce Platform

Obsolescence

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

Price relative to the feature set we required at the given time.

Reviewed on 02/04/2021

Before you purchase a CRM solution, You really have to check this out!!!

So far, everything's been great. It's been very easy to setup as I want. When I've had questions, there's the chat box for support and they've been VERY helpful every time I've asked.

Pros

Apptivo is the first collaborative, simple, and cost-effective way to manage customers, pipeline, & calendar that I've found. Most others that offer similar functionality will cost you an arm and a leg. Or they'll be reasonable at first, then they'll get you for each of the "add-ons" that you need to make a whole solution for your organization.

Cons

Some of the apps are not quite as intuitive as some others, but that's to be expected considering their business purpose.

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

Very intuitive overall. It's great how all the apps integrate and work with the others. It's very nice to have so much functionality in one place.

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

Everything I need in one app at one monthly price. Not nickel & dime like the others for the same functionality.
Paula
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 18/05/2021

Solo User Migrating from Act! Not a sophisticated CRM user

I would rate the support team excellent. They are helpful. I need to spend more time working with Apptivo to evaluate the software properly

Pros

I am an independent rep working with many brands and had 15 years of contacts in Act database that I needed to extract with all my fields and notes intact. I am not super tech savvy! I made the switch to Apptivo because they have a data migration service for a reasonable fee. The team leader was wonderful and helped held my hand throughout the process. They created the apps that I needed to integrate my data.
I have only been using the system for a few months and still learning so i will circle back once I am proficient.

Cons

I use Contacts-Customers & Leads - calendar & marketing. I have the same custom fields in all three apps. I am not thrilled with the fact that if you change a custom field in one app- it doesn't integrate with the others so I have to go into each app each time an update is needed which is time consuming. I wish there was a feature that addressed this. You can only integrate one mail platform so I cannot pull my mail from my various accounts into the Apptivo Suite.

• Industry: Import & Export
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 24/03/2020

Great CRM solution for small business

I think it's really easy to setup and use for less technical people, great for freelancers, small businesses and mom and pop shops who don't need or want data driven CRM systems. If you have a single person who can juggle multiple aspects of customer service it's cost effective or a small team it's worth it.

Pros

When my client asked me to look into a customer management solution to start to transition away from paper and Excel sheet based documents, I looked into several options including Salesforce. The price was good and comparable to Salesforce but I think many small businesses, your mom and pop shops don't really want or need more in depth data analytics. I think that's where Apptivo is better and easier to use for small business who aren't as data driven.

Cons

What I didn't really like is that for roughly the same annual price per single licence compared to Salesforce was in Apptivo limits the account to a single user. If you have more than one person who handles customer service, marketing, invoicing etc, the cost is a lot more.

Reviewed on 07/07/2023

Apptivo for Sales

Generally okay. but still getting to know how to use it.

Pros

It is an easy to use product and has the flexibility to customise

Cons

I have found that the import function is not intuitive

Reviewed on 20/08/2020

CRM Solution

All CRM's require Users to learn their navigation, terminology and how functions are executed. Unlike other CRM's I have tested, the Support Team at Apptivo has been both diligent and effective in resolving a few technical glitches with my onboarding process. Apptivo provides me with a reliable CRM platform and functions on which I can run my business. 24x7 access to an effective and professional Support Team is a valuable resource that ensures I spend more time with my clients than suffering from IT issues.

Pros

Apptivo provides a portfolio of critical functions for companies to manage different aspects of their business. Unlike some others, the Apptivo functions/Apps are well integrated. This provides a strong foundation for reliable and accurate information to manage your business.

Cons

Apptivo doesn't yet integrate with Zoom.

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 09/09/2020

import leads

very good customer support

Pros

Assistance in correcting my import error most helpful

Cons

email interface may be an issue for using program

Heath
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 26/07/2021

Designed for us

We needed a CRM system that really could be bespoke to our unique needs as an organisation. Having outgrown our previous CRM when it wasn't able to be flexible enough to grow with us, we needed to ensure that not only could be track engagements, manage contacts, track event participation -- as well as set up considerable amount of event triggers for email notifications and much more. The Apptivo team really never said "No, we can't do that". It was always a case of let's go away, see what we can do, and they came back with a solution. Very impressed with the support we received from Apptivo.

Pros

Apptivio was already a full-featured product when we identified it as a suitable replacement for our existing CRM system, which we'd outgrown as an organisation. The ability to further customise it to our specific needs, through the support of their friendly, professional services team, guaranteed that it would tick all of our boxes. We're still finding new things to use Apptivo for, and it's great to have all of these features in one product which integrates with our Office suite.

Cons

We heavily customised what the product is capable of, syncing it with our Xero accounting package as well as Office 365. This took considerable effort on the part of Apptivo's support teams -- not a complaint by any means though.

Zoho CRM, Insightly, Zapier, Freshdesk, HubSpot CRM and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

The incredible amount of features and capabilities present within the Apptivo ecosystem as well as the ability to really make it our own.
Taha
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 19/04/2023

Unleashing Business Potential with Apptivo

The overall experience with Apptivo has been exceptional. The platform's comprehensive range of tools and features, along with its ease of use, has made it an invaluable resource for businesses of all sizes.

Pros

Apptivo is a highly versatile and user-friendly CRM system that offers a comprehensive suite of tools to manage sales, marketing, and customer relationships.

Cons

This review is focused on Apptivo; however, it is worth mentioning that, in comparison, Sendinblue has certain limitations. Sendinblue is primarily an email marketing platform, and its CRM capabilities may not be as robust or feature-rich as Apptivo's.

Bryan

Reviewed on 22/09/2019

Who Provides GREAT "Chat" Support?

Replaced ACT Contact Management System to provide realtime access to critical data to make decisions and deliver breakthrough support to our customers and vendors.

Pros

Apptivo does! Although it's rare that I've had to use Apptivo "Chat" Support. Today, was another example where Naresh went above and beyond to get a Supervisor to fix an important Account Set-up. On a prior Chat call, Apptivo suggested a remote session where the representative quickly identified the Advanced Capabilities required to import a complex database. My company does not sell or represent Apptivo although we are in the enterprise software integration industry. Apptivo sets a new standard of excellence in support that organizations small and large can depend.

Cons

Additional pre-built integrations are time savers and Apptivo has more work to do in this area. Professionally, I'd rather have a solid framework of broad core features that is competitively priced than can be used by everyone in the company.

Zoho CRM and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

Increased functionality, better support and lower cost.

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

Increased functionality, better support and lower cost.

Reviewed on 05/01/2020

Quite Satisfied Users.

The experience has been great. Afte a 60-day ordeal with SalesForce (see below), had Apptivo up and running in a day. Doing the job. Getting the results. Users happy. Highly recommended.

Pros

Ease of use. Flexibility and customization. Responsive (immediate) support. Integrated choice-based modules (one fee).

Cons

Would help to have a better understanding of the interaction between contacts, customers, opportunities, leads, etc. For example in our organization, a person can be 1,2,3 or all 4 of these simultaneously.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 07/05/2021

Feature Rich

Custom Training has been a journey taking us through implementation to make it most successful.

Pros

so versatile and easy to customize... we can change/update everything by ourselves.

Cons

I have not yet found something I do not like!

ASP.NET Zero

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

We needed a CRM thad does not require a server and is remote friendly.

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

more versatile and more apps that cover the full business.
Lori
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 11/08/2022

Overall, this product has streamlined and simplified the way we do business, contact our clients, and regulate their access to data.

Pros

Apptivo CRM is very user friendly. It is also very flexible so it can suit your business the way you do business

Cons

If I feel like there is something missing, I can report it to Apptivo and they usually put it in their pipeline and add it to the software.

Nick
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 25/05/2023

Support

Great, loads of support from start to ongoing

Pros

Support is always great. Available 24/7 immediately

Cons

Set up is time consuming but important to get structure correct in first instance

Dawn
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

Wow, what a find!

An absolute pleasure to use the software and the support is fast and efficient ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], thank you). I've juggled and used a few different platforms previously to attain the same result. This one really does seem to be genuinely 'all in one', with little in the way of compromise. T

Pros

What I like most is the way you can build up your own business management system to suit your business which goes well beyond a CRM. Pricing is straightforward and extremely good value. The software has mind-boggling scope with its array of apps that are easy to 'buy' (no hidden extras, all part of the price). It's actually fun to use and is very customisable for an off the shelf package. I like the way you can clear off the stuff you simply don't need - for a custom, uncluttered look.

Cons

I'm still relatively new to it but at the moment - absolutely nothing.

Kevin
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 11/08/2020

Great Value and exceptional support

Moving from an Excel-based CRM which was not regularly updated, or even used by most of the team, we had plenty of room to improve. There are lots of products out there and we investigated quite a few. Some were cost-prohibitive and others just didn't feel comfortable, but with Apptivo, there was so much information, so much support, and all at a very reasonable price. I recommend them to everyone I discuss our CRM with.

Pros

In discussing our needs, I felt straight away that this was a company we could work with. The team went out of their way to ensure that we had everything that we wanted, even if we weren't always sure and changed our minds. they worked with us to ensure a great outcome, and as we now expand the suite of options we are using within the Apptivo framework, they're giving us the same level of service. Very highly recommended, give them a go and you'll not regret it.

Cons

I can't really think of anything. I can get in touch with someone by a multiplicity of methods and so far, they've always been able to resolve my issues, or at least explain why what I wanted is not practical or possible.

Zoho CRM, Dynamics 365 and Salesforce Sales Cloud
Olivier
Olivier
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 20/02/2019

Great experience

We are a small & medium company located in Europe with subsidiaries in US and Asia. We were looking for a provider which could (1) allow each subsidiary to view each other's customers (to increase the lead generation); (2) enable us to standardize our data (previously we were entering data into Excel without proper format); (3) facilitate data analysis and (4) enable us to streamline and automatize as much as possible the process from price offer to invoicing.
After extensive research, we selected Apptivo for our CRM solution. Having to deal with lots of lists of companies from different countries, dealing with multiple currencies, it was not easy to find a CRM which is easy to use, affordable and yet can meet our demand. We have been using Apptivo for one year now and we are very happy with our choice. It was a necessary step to professionalize our business process.
There is probably much more we can do with the application which we haven't explore yet. We are now using CRM, HR, Suppliers, items and Invoicing app within Apptivo.

Pros

Easy to use, flexible, great value for money, great support (very friendly and quick), easy to import/export your data back into Excel.

Cons

We found a few small glitches (no space between "Mr." and "Name" when exporting the fields; or one functionality in invoicing did not work), but the support team was very quick in fixing those.

Response from Apptivo

Hi Olivier!
First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. Our team is so thrilled that you are so happy with our service and Apptivo. I am very glad to read that our support team provided great service. We would continue to provide all of our customers with the same amazing experience. You can always get us on online chat (24/7) or write a note to [email protected].
Thanks again!

Replied 26/03/2019
Jack

Reviewed on 09/06/2022

Apptivo is a best kept secret

Pros

Ease of Use. I it easy to add contacts and it is easy to track activities.

Cons

Sometimes support doesn't know how to fix things and they have to get others involved.

Pipedrive

Ease of Use and Cost

Pipedrive
Rob
Rob

Reviewed on 01/05/2018

Best Bang for the buck on the market! Adaptability and ease of use with scalability!

Functionality and accurate data collection that was flexible to meet my needs! Hands down the best solution on the market for the price point!

Pros

Ease of USE and layout modifications! The layout is so easy and adaptable to collect the information simply from other users. Databases are only as good as the information you put into them. Apptivo makes it so SIMPLE getting the info in and thus making it powerful!

Cons

Very few, because it is cloud-based they are constantly adding customization features and options and sometimes the functional icons show up in the Customization Settings of the Administrator and there is no documentation for the new functionality as of yet. I would much rather have this problem than them not update the customization functionality though. This database is unbelievably scalable and constantly improving!

Response from Apptivo

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. We exist because of great customers like yourself! I am sorry to hear about the problems you faced and we are looking into that now. Please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you.
Regards,
Team Apptivo

Replied 12/12/2018
Donny

Reviewed on 15/09/2020

Exactly what we needed.

This is an amazing tool for the price. Being a 10 year Salesforce user, making the jump to Apptivo for the small business I know work in was easy. I'm so impressed not only on the features set but also on their support. This has everything you need to run your business. And it's so nice that the platform can scale as your adoption and business grows.

Pros

- Very affordable
- So many features and applications for running the entire company
- Very straightforward interface and easy to learn basics right away
- One of the best FAQs and tutorials I have ever seen for a SAAS solution
- Customer service is very responsive and helpful. A+++
- A impressive level of integration into other platforms and customization

Cons

- Limited on ability to delete data or modules once they're created (Have to message tech support to delete)
- Custom app builder takes awhile to learn and understand
- Are not able to clone apps for different divisons to use seperate from eachother (for instance want to use project management app for our sales team and then seperate instance for our production team. Both can use the same tool but in different ways for tracking)