Kahoot! Reviews

About Kahoot!

Kahoot! is a learning management system (LMS), which helps schools and higher education institutions create games, interact with students via online sessions, streamline remote learning processes and track class progress via...

Browse Kahoot! Reviews

2,867 of 2,867 reviews
Russell
Russell

Reviewed on 06/02/2019

Students love Kahoot! Teachers love Kahoot!

Creating engaging and exciting assessments for students so that I can check for understanding on key concepts.

Pros

Kahoot is a brilliant creation! If you teach in a one-to-one setting or have access to devices, you need to consider using Kahoot right away! Basically, it's a student assessment tool, but you it's a game-like setting, which makes it fun for the students. Here's why I love it:
- First off, students love playing it! The friendly competition is engaging and they are always excited to share what they know in this game.
- It's so easy to set up for teachers. You can create your own Kahoot question sets in a matter of minutes. In maybe 10 minutes you can create a fun, 10-20 question quiz game for your kids. Quick and easy!
- You have the ability to obtain data on your kids! After the Kahoot, you know what your students do or don't know. And then you can use this data to reteach concepts they're struggling with.
- They offer an online library where you can use other question sets created by other teachers. That's extremely handy! Just review what's been created beforehand to make sure it's appropriate for you kids.
- It's always been reliable and worked. I can't say the same for other edtech tools that I consistently use. Kahoot's website just always works!
- They recently offered a team mode which challenges students to collaborate on quizzes. This is a cool update, and I expect to see Kahoot to continue to be cutting edge with their product.
- It's simple to get students "logged in." All that's required is for them to type in a link, enter a number, and add name.

Cons

I am a big fan of Kahoot, so I have nothing to complain about. I would just recommend users to use it wisely. If you want extremely reliable data with little error, you may want to choose another platform. Kahoot encourages students to think and answer quickly, and they may lead them to occasionally select the wrong answer by accident or because of the time feature. You obviously wouldn't use this for a unit test. Similarly, you probably wouldn't use this to pinpoint gaps for individual students. But it is helpful in getting a big picture of gaps of knowledge or trends, if that makes sense. This is also isn't the best tool for tracking data over a long period of time - this is a tool for quick assessments or check-ups. That's not a complaint about Kahoot, just an encouragement for you to use it appropriately!

Bridgette
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Reviewed on 12/06/2024

Elevate Your Training

Overall happy with the options available in kahoot!

Pros

I love the ability to use kahoot to elevate training for staff. It ensures that we can test staff on their knowledge through a quiz format, but have it fun through the scoring system

Cons

Adapting from being able to use the application for free, and now only being able to have 3 users play for free.

Reviewed on 23/12/2021

After years of asking, Kahoot still doesn't "talk" to google classroom

Kahoot is a great way to build and even ensure engagement. Kahoot games are quite plainly a lot of fun both for hosts and players. Its a great way to gamify training or a classroom.

So I still love Kahoot and I use it often but I could love it more if there were a way to align it with google classroom and if there was an efficient way to track performance.

Pros

I still love Kahoot despite missing features that would make me love it more. Kahoot is so easy to use and a great way to build engagement. There are so many games to choose from and if somethings not quite right, games can be very easily edited or even created. Games are so fun to play and even fun to host. Kahoot makes gamification easy for fun, interactive learning for all ages.

Cons

What kahoot is missing, which keeps me from loving it even more, is a way to track performance via google classroom or other educational management systems. Kahoot can be launched with google classroom, but then the data from the games isn't sent back to google classroom. So classroom talks to Kahoot, but for whatever reason Kahoot doesn't talk back to google. I reached out to Kahoot many times about this and I get the same answer that this is not a feature they are interested in providing. What a shame.

What also happens often is players use hurtful and offensive and inappropriate nicknames. This is quite common in schools but can also happen in the workplace. As far as I know, there is no way to track this. Kahoot offers a friendly nickname generator to avoid this, but then there is no way to track performance. So essentially Kahoot which could be so powerful in assessment and training, is simply reduced to a really fun game or just basic enreichment. Again...What a shame.

Top Kahoot! Alternatives

Anna

Reviewed on 04/04/2024

Recommended for teachers, but be cautious

Pros

Great interactive tool at have at your disposal for creating an engaging learning environment

Cons

My main issue with Kahoot is that there seems to be a lack of moderation over user-submitted content. Often when searching for a Kahoot on a specific topics, for example, grammar, I would see options that had incorrect/incomplete information, or just weren't of a high enough standard that I would be happy to use in my classroom (typos, spelling errors, etc). For this reason, I had to spend a lot of time reviewing all of the content in detail before I was satisfied it was usable.

Rachel
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 10/06/2024

Fun Team Building

Pros

We have been using Kahoot for quite some time. It is a great way to get the team going and seeing just how much they know. It is also great to see the friendly gaming come out. What a great team building software this is. Lots of laughs and learning with this platform!

Cons

We had a bit of trouble with the number of people who could join. We made the best of this mishap and created teams. There was still lots of fun to be had.

Ashley
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 09/06/2024

Fun for all workplaces

Pros

It's been a great product to use for meetings. We are able to break into teams and have large group competitive activities thanks to Kahoot!

Cons

Sometime I wish you could have more teams play at a time, but we make it work!

Jasmine
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 18/05/2024

Kahoot is great

Very good. I would recommend Kahoot to anyone.

Pros

Kahoot is an awesome platform to use for student engagement. It’s a really fun way to learn.

Cons

I love Kahoot there is nothing I didn’t like b

Stephen John
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 14/06/2024

Kahoot! for students

Pros

I like the most the engaging type of learning: Kahoot! uses gamification techniques to make learning interactive and fun. This can be particularly beneficial for students who struggle with traditional methods of learning.

Cons

I did not like the Potential for Inaccurate Information: Since users can create quizzes on Kahoot!, there's a risk of encountering inaccurate or misleading information. Teachers or facilitators need to be aware of this and ensure the quality of the content.

velzie

Reviewed on 11/06/2024

Kahoot Review

Pros

That the quizzes can be anonymous, and no one can tell who is who.

Cons

That sometimes there was a slight lag in submitting the answers.

• Industry: Banking
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 02/07/2024

Best way for ice-breaker

Pros

It has truly easy usage for initially. Test takers also love the backgrounds, music, and usage.

Cons

Sometimes, disconnection could be experienced by some users.

Jeremy
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 07/03/2022

Students Love Kahoot!

Students absolutely love Kahoot! Above any other study games or activities I would come up with, students loved Kahoot the most. I never really understood it because it just seems like a timed quiz to me, but hey, if it works it works!

Pros

Kahoot is very easy to setup, save, and modify preexisting ones. I personally never used other peoples kahoots but I did reuse my own kahoots over the couple year period I was teaching. This made it very easy to on-the-fly come up with a great study or knowledge-check activity.

Cons

Everyone seems to love the music but I find it quite annoying. I also wish there was a "force user sign in" option where students could just sign in with their school information including their name instead of either allowing them to come up with their own "names" which often lead to inappropriate names, or forcing them to use the random name generator which causes many arguments and students wanting to keep randomizing it until they got something they liked. It wouldn't need to include their full name, just a prompt for first name and last initial.

Simone
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 29/11/2023

The original gamester

I will always come back to Kahoot, even if it is sporadically. Despite the paywall, there are still some hidden gems that are free to use.

Pros

Kahoot has made a comeback with the students. After the wave of other platforms, it appears that students really want to come back to the comfort of their first favourite challenges. It is easy to create your own content, as well as save and modify pre-existing Kahoots.

Cons

The new paywalls have made it difficult to access content if you are not a paying subscriber. Whilst I can understand monetising content to support individual creators, it has made me less inclined to use the platform as it severely limits the amount of Kahoots you can access.

Samantha Louise

Reviewed on 23/07/2022

The Best Quiz Platform is Kahoot!

My overall experience with Kahoot is very good! I can create quizzes and tests easily and I can also give timely feedback to the students

Pros

What I really like the most about Kahoot is that I can easily create interactive and engaging quizzes through its numerous question types. The results are also real-time and automatically given.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the mobile application because I can already access the website through the internet browser.

Ayesha
  • Industry: Fine Art

Reviewed on 28/12/2022

Best for learning

I first tried this app in school when we had a test and we basically used this app for studying and reviewing and tbh after that I always use this software for learning especially when I am still in high school. I mean one of my fav learning style.

Pros

I love this software, the way you can teach students in a fun way.

Cons

I love this app especially growing up and going to school so I can’t find anything at all

Supun
Supun

Reviewed on 15/11/2019

A new trend of quizzes with Kahoot!

Kahoot is a platform developed to create online quizzes and assignments. We can make a list of questions using Kahoot and then create a game. In this game questions are given as multiple choice questions which has four choices for each question and we have to include that four answers when we creating the game. After creating the game Kahoot provide a pin code. Players can join to the game using that pin code. Players can give their answers using a smartphone or computer when the server is hosting the game. Result sheet can be obtained after finishing the game. This platform is widely used in our university to hold online quizzes on lecture times. I really like this because of the simplicity of the game and holding these types of quizzes saves our time lot. I recommend using this in small events because this can be a fantastic experience.

Pros

Kahoot included many features to attract people to their platform. It has attractive user interface on their website. This makes our work easier either we creating a game or playing a game. Kahoot made our quizzes and assignments more joyful to do when compared with traditional way of writing quizzes and assignments. This saves our time lot. Since the results of the game generated automatically after finishing the game, this helps lecturers as well. No time waste for correcting and marking answer sheets. Another good feature I saw is that the correct answer of each question will be shown after answering the question. Other than the correct answer, detailed information about the answers given from the community is shown with relevant number of choices for each answer with a bar graph. After the game we can see the top three players who scored most. Other rankings can be found through the result sheet. These features are really fascinating.

Cons

I have found some issues when using this platform. We need good internet connection to use Kahoot. I am disconnected few times when using this. But this is not a fault of Kahoot. Questionnaire must be re-started if the sever faced any connection problem. Only the symbols related to the answers will be shown on players’ display. Sometimes this can be messing watching relevant symbol again and again before confirming answer. Only multiple choice questions can be included into the question list. I think it will be more useful if they include more answering formats such as text answers. Sometimes one person that needs to play the game may not have any device to play. However these types of issues are very rare on these days since everyone have their own smartphone with good internet connection.

Reviewed on 05/11/2020

Kahoot! Fundamental in all classrooms

Today it would be unthinkable to teach without Kahoot's help! and the application became the center of all my teaching activity. In fact, in recent years, I believe that there has been a real revolution in the way we teach and learn, thanks to these types of applications that have brought the game into the classroom. With these tools, students today learn much more and more quickly!

Pros

I use Kahoot! for a long time and the application quickly became essential in my classes, mainly because my students find it fantastic and are always waiting to participate in another game. With its use, learning has become much more fluid, simple and efficient. Almost all students learn much more quickly if we use Kahoot !, while greatly reducing bad behavior and inattention in class. Kahoot! it can also be used in e-learning which is an added advantage in these times when we can be teaching from home.

Cons

Compared to other applications, Kahoot! it can have the defect that all students are taking the same quiz with the same questions at the same time, since the questions are asked on the projector screen. However, this fact also allows for greater competitiveness and student involvement.

Phạm

Reviewed on 05/10/2021

Simple Kahoot! Reviews

Since its launch until now, Kahoot is a software that has greatly helped the learning of people around the world, especially during this epidemic season, it is also true to relieve the pressure of studying for students. the need. This software has gradually become an indispensable thing in everyone's device during this epidemic season. It makes it easier for us to stay connected

Pros

Kahoot is a recently released software, suitable for learning, review and entertainment for all students around the world. The feature that I really like about this software is that it can quickly calculate the score and the feature of honoring the winner is also very unique and interesting, it makes me feel excited when taking the test.

Cons

Is an application that is very popular with all customers around the world. There's nothing I can say about Kahoot. But besides that there is also a small disadvantage of Kahoot. That is the application sometimes often happens to lag, this makes the performance of the work go a little bit leading to a drop in rank, but it is also very small and rarely happens, so it is not worth the blame.

HARSIMRAN
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 18/09/2020

Kahoot Review

Overall Kahoot is a very useful software. I would definitely recommend to anyone try to teach an audience that is Grade 12 or younger to any grade that can understand the concept of a quiz. This is very useful for a teacher who is trying to engage the students more because it has a lot of visuals and sounds that help with that. It could use some minor fixes but overall it's a great software especially for teaching and making quizzes fun and killing time by exploring the countless trivia from all the different categories to chose from.

Pros

This software is very useful for teaching and learning. It's a fun way to learn and teach. My teachers have used it plenty of times in past for quizzes and to just have fun with the class. This software makes it easy and fun to do quizzes, especially to a younger audience (Grade 2 - Grade 12). There are plenty of quizzes to chose from and there are a lot of different categories as well. You can also make your own quiz and customize to your liking all you want from how much time the students have to answer the question and to the visuals you would like to add etc. You can also add your own music as well. It is very useful in the field of education.

Cons

This software could be somewhat of a challenge for a teacher who is new to technology meaning the user interface could use a bit of a touch up to make it easier for the user to host a quiz. Another con I have noticed throughout my several years of use of this software is that it is very easy to disrupt a quiz by adding bots to your session that can range from having inappropriate nicknames to simply crashing your session due to the sheer size of users in the sessions. This could be prevented by some sort of security check or captcha to not allow any bots to get through.

Gabriela
Gabriela
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 19/05/2020

Kahoot!

My overall experience with Kahoot is always amazing! Everytime I use it I always do better on my exams, which improves my overall grade in the class! I highly recommend Kahoot and I will continue to use this software.

Pros

A feature that I love about Kahoot is that not everything has to be a competition, this software can be broken down into groups, which is super helpful. This software is really easy to use and I also love that my grades has been improving with this because my professor uses Kahoot to review before an exam, which helps me do better during the exams! I absolutely love this so much!

Cons

One feature I hope to improve in the future is that Kahoot needs Wifi in order to participate, but all schools usually have Wifi so It does not bother me at all. Also, it is understandable that this sotware needs wifi. I still love using this and always recommend this to all my professors when using a software to review exams.

• Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 08/03/2023

Best group based learning tool

As a writer, the use of Kahoot is one of the best and cheapest ways of gauging the engagement of an idea from a younger audience. In this respect, Kahoot is a unique and irreplaceable app. In a formal setting, however, steer clear as it is undoubtably inappropriate.

Pros

Accessible in almost every environment. Helpful in a classroom environment or when teaching a large group of younger people. Very useful software to gamify learning and when paired with effective teaching of large content. Great way to receive somewhat reliable data from a young audience in regard to creative themes. UI is colourful and with fun music keeps engagement high in younger audiences.

Cons

Unsuitable for use in a formal business environment. Limited application outside of education or taking "surveys" from younger audiences. When discussing business it is undoubtedly inappropriate. Whilst it is possible to use Kahoot is a way to gauge the engagement of ideas form a younger audience, each idea must be individually entered in the "question bank" which can be time consuming.

Kelsie

Reviewed on 13/07/2019

Go-To Lesson Activity!

I used Kahoot at least one time each lesson to review vocabulary words, complete fill-in-the-blank questions, and review cultural concepts presented in the lesson. I use the results of this fun quiz-game activity to determine wether the students have mastered key concepts of the lesson or not and I make decisions on future lessons based on that data.

Pros

I love how easy this software is to navigate as a teacher and it's even more intuitive for students. You are able to create your own interactive quiz games to fit your lesson plans, or you can search for games already made by other teachers on the same topic. I have taken advantage of that feature several times when I was lesson planning on a time crunch. You are also able to use fun pictures and the software plays fun game-show music that really contributes to a fun learning environment. Another amazing feature Kahoot offers is an option to look through the results of the quiz game when it is over in order to determine which students have mastered certain concepts and which still need more practice. It helps me greatly with the pacing of my lessons.

Cons

The only complaint I have about this software is that students are allowed to chose their own name. I do like that students are given that freedom, but not all students chose the most appropriate names. So, I would love to see an "assigned name" option for classes that may not handle the freedom to chose their own name as well as others.

Kevin

Reviewed on 01/01/2022

Kahoot!

Pros

Kahoot is, above all else, extremely intuitive for both the users and the administrators. Integration into the learning environment is beyond simple, and requires no special technology, just personal mobile devices and a centralized system. It’s extremely engaging for students of all ages in all classes. It’s wide variety of community made quizzes broaden its appeal to all subjects, from fun trivia to advanced and specific topics, putting it leagues ahead of sites like these with a small community and an even smaller quiz pool. Kahoot is one of, if not the best class engagement tool I have ever used, with very little limitation on number of participants or features.

Cons

In the process of implementing and using Kahoot, I have run into a few minor issues and annoyances. Input lag and screen freezing issues pop up once at least every two kahoots, which is annoying especially for the more competitive students. I also found it a little confusing how to make a kahoot. Playing a Kahoot has a different website than making one, and the website where you make an account is relatively unintuitive unfortunately. But other than that, I’ve found little issue with this amazing tool.

Christina

Reviewed on 14/03/2022

Kahoot has changed classroom learning

It adds an interactive element to the classroom and also gives students a fun language learning tool that they can use outside the classroom via Canvas. It can be used in both a synchronous and asynchronous environment which has really helped students who aren’t able to attend in class lessons. It also needs to be noted that I currently have a paid account thanks to grant money and this has given me a lot more variety and more options in what I can offer students.

Pros

Kahoot is one of my students’ favorite activities to the point they ask to play it. Even though it’s a game it gives me a good idea of what my students know, what we need to review, and which students are getting left behind. There are also options on paid accounts that give me more flexibility in how I assess my students.

Cons

Getting a quiz setup can be time consuming especially if you want it to look nice, complete with pictures. Also, to get the most use out of Kahoot a paid account is required. The basic account has extremely limited options
and when my grant-funded paid account expires I already know I’m going to feel the loss of all the options I currently have access to. I’m also not sure how to seamlessly connect it to Canvas without the Kahoot! expiring if it’s not a paid account.

SANJAY

Reviewed on 01/12/2020

Best Gamified Learning Platform

I have done 10+ Events with Kahoot, just to make the event more interactive by making the live Quiz game, and every time it added a lot of value to my session. I haven't explored the new features but still the Quiz on is my favorite and the customer support is really great.

Pros

The best platform to make learning fun, Especially the Quiz sections. The level of customization you can do on the platform is really great. This is the major feature I like. Kahoot+ & Drops is an amazing way to do collaborate and learn a new language. Can use this for training in the institution very effectively using Kahoot.

Cons

When comes to subscription it's bit expensive, and loading takes time, would prefer a fast loading mostly. Though you can do most of the customization free version limits users in trying the new features. The new product update blog is great but would prefer step by step instructions.

Mariachiara

Reviewed on 17/07/2023

Kahoot for education

Using khaoot I can test my students in an enjoying way. It is possible also to clarify some difficult problems using quizzes

Pros

I'd like most the possibility of testing students in an easily and amusing way.It is not difficult to create new quizzes and it is possible to use and modify a lot of "just prepared" ones.

Cons

Now with the free version is possible to make only 10 students play toghether at the same time. It will be better to fix a number of possible questions indeed