Epos Now Reviews

Visit Website

About Epos Now

Epos Now POS system is an effective business management, sales, and payment system for single-site, multi-site, and online businesses. The system offers an extensive range of management and sales tools, with the option to expand...

3.1

Browse Epos Now Reviews

Wojciech
Wojciech

Reviewed on 21/07/2018

Excellent POS system for various types of business, expecially hospitality ones

Pros

- great 24/7 support team
- elastic SAAS solution that can be customised for various business needs
- cloud-based solution that can work on any device and any operating system

Cons

- pricing seems fine initially but the sales team constantly keep pushing for paid support plan - this might be expensive
- As this is a massive provider, you might sometimes wait a long time for your new features to be implemented

Response from Epos Now

Hello Wojciech,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us such a lovely review. I am so glad to hear that you have found our software to be so useful and that you have had the chance to speak to our excellent support team.

We are consistently improving our software based on customer feedback so do keep an eye out for our regular software releases.

If there is anymore feedback you would like to add we would love to hear from you at [email protected].

Kind Regards,

Naiomi

Replied 24/07/2018
Alex

Reviewed on 30/05/2024

North Walsham Town Football Club

Pros

Rang up on Saturday Morning as had an issue with prices not being updated on the till (turns out through no fault of my own)

[sensitive content hidden] went through all the steps with me and even finished off the process for me making sure they were all correct ready for a big charity event we were hosting that day

To add, EPOS Now even kindly donated 2 extra handheld terminals to help us deal with the volume of people we were expecting for our event. Every time we have gone to EPOS now with an issue or request [sensitive content hidden] and the team have always delivered

Cons

Not through any fault of their own but haven't used the inventory or ordering section on the back office yet so not sure how it works

Wanda

Reviewed on 01/06/2024

Unsatisfied

Pros

Nothing they put everything beautiful to hook you up but then they disappear

Cons

No real support nobody answered to make changes or replacement s

Response from Epos Now

Hello Wanda M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I am sorry to read your comments and to learn about your experience to date.

We requested further details in order to locate your account with a view to resolving any outstanding issues,

Epos Now.

Jeanette
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 13/06/2024

Epos Now Review

Great experience and very helpful staff....

Pros

Excellent customer support, very helpful and friendly

Cons

I did not dislike anything, the service given by [sensitive content hidden] was brilliant

Kumarini
Kumarini

Reviewed on 28/04/2024

Great system

Pros

They’re excellent customer service and system.

Cons

Nothing to note for now. The system and customer service has been excellent!

Response from Epos Now

Hello Kumarini

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We're absolutely thrilled to hear that you received a fantastic service from us.

Knowing that our customers love our service brings us so much joy!

Your kind words will definitely be shared with the entire team.

If you ever have more to share or need assistance, feel free to reach out.

Thanks once again,
Epos Now

Replied 29/04/2024
Michele

Reviewed on 30/04/2021

Terrible Customer Service

This system isn't as good as the one we changed from. Our old system got bought out and we were forced to change and I talked to many reps and looked at reviews and I can say that I was misled. Our system is supposed to come with 24 hour customer service and it definitely doesn't.

Pros

Easy to set up and use for basic functions

Cons

No ability to set specific times for orders to be prepared by. With so many take out orders happening, it would be nice to have the ability to have a set way to tell the kitchen when an order was being picked up instead of using "notes". It is terrible that if a bartender adds drinks to a ticket, the ticket gets switched to the bartender's ticket. Now our bartender has to keep paper tabs for customers and give them to the servers so that the tickets don't get switched. The worst is the almost non-existent customer service. If you need help "fast", forget it. I've waited on average of over 40 minutes to speak to a tech support member. Once I get them, they are helpful, but getting to them is crazy. I've tried the WhatsApp with the same problem. I've sent messages and didn't get any response for over a half hour. They make it sound like you will get immediate help, this is absolutely not true. I feel like once you are past your first month, you are on your own...they really don't care about you or any issues you might have. I am very unhappy with my decision to choose this POS system.

Lightspeed Restaurant and Toast POS

Reasons for Choosing Epos Now

Ambur was discontinued

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

Sales Rep was better and I felt like there would be good tech support....I was wrong!
Derick
Derick
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 19/05/2021

Worst POS you can get out there. Beware of the trouble after you sign up.

Probably one of the worst POS service out there. We still not open yet and they keep sending us charges. After we called in for many months, the customer service finally have someone reach to refund some of the charge. They assure us that there won't be any charge until we open. This month they send us another charge again. We emailed their customer relation, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to get those charge remove and no respond from them.

If you own a business, do you want to wait days or weeks to get a respond from a POS service? They locked us in for two years and won't let us cancel the service so we will be dealing with these horrible service for a while. We would not recommend going with Epos now no matter how cheap they offer you. Beware of the trouble ahead with this company.

Pros

It's the cheapest choice compare to the other competitor. Probably the reason why they don't have good customer service.

Cons

The worst customer service ever. Very challenging to get a human on the phone for help. Save yourself the trouble and get a different one.

Square Payments and Clover

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

I saw an ad on Instagram and it was on Sales.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 13/06/2024

Scammers, beware of them

I would never touch them again. They are hard to contact during critical times of business, many of their staff are clearly totally inexperienced and inept, their management clearly doesn't care.

Pros

It worked moderately well, but not all the time

Cons

Months after my contract ended and the account cancelled, Eposnow continues to steal my money every month and refuses to process the refund I'm entitled to. Multiple phone calls have made no difference as it appears their system and/or management have in place the process to deliberately and fraudulently grab all the money they can. Stay clear if you value your money.

Julie
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 07/06/2024

Illegally taking money out of my account and refusing to return be aware money grabbing company

Frustrating and not getting answer for they mistake

Pros

There is not much to like about this company

Cons

I did all my obligation cancel everything on time still got charged for year in advance now they refusing to return my money 6 months later

Response from Epos Now

Hello Julie L,

Epos Now.

Replied 13/06/2024
Jeewantha
Jeewantha

Reviewed on 12/06/2024

Epos helping me

Pros

The training program was really good and the team helped me process via all steps. Next was the service team. They have always heard my inquiries and helped me where they can.

Cons

With the correct economic crisis it’s best if they can relook at pricing

Romina

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

Poor Service

Bad experience
5 mos of calling for my refund until now trying to reach and get it.

Pros

None poor service.. I havent use this then its hard to get my refund..Close account October 2022. Till debitting on my Bank

Cons

Poor service .Always doing some follop ups

Response from Epos Now

Hello Romina L,

I am keen to help you resolve any outstanding issues.

EposNow.

Replied 29/04/2024
ADRIANO

Reviewed on 26/11/2023

Eposnow Eposo never again

I have been working in hospitality for 17 years and i never saw such a poor service, eposnow is not ready for hospitality the system is slow and luck a lot of features that other system have, you cant even print an item in multiple printers how ridiculous. they promised me that the credit card surcharge would have be available from September 21st but they didn't deliver, the surcharge was available only one month later and in order to charge the surcharge to customers they would have to tap their card again to pay the surcharge, so i decided to switch eftpos and now they wants to charge me a premium fee stating that i fail to mee my contractual obligation but who failed first? is just a rubbish P.O.S people don't buy this is going to ruined your business

Pros

split checks, really the fact that you can split check by covers is the only thing I like here

Cons

customer service, poor ordering proceeds, poor communication,

Lightspeed

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

Just because was cheap, but i guess you got what you pay for.
Tatiana
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 03/09/2020

Don't Do it! Go with another POS

horrible im lucky if I get a response. Still waiting on phone calls from them its a sad company that robs people of their money.

Pros

It looks nice thats pretty much all I can say about it.

Cons

customer service is a joke, I've sent so many emails and called and keep getting bounced around. They are charging me when I didn't get my system for a month and half got my CC company set up and said I would here from Epos Now to finish the final step and nada. I even got charged for not doing the integration of the cc payment per terms and conditions which I did and called asking them to help me with the final step and nothing. I just want to be refunded bug waste of time and money. I need a new POS company and im 9 days away from opening which they know about. Don't throw your money away with this company check the BBB on them they have well over 30 complaints with similar situations.

Revel Systems

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

The rep was good with a bunch of promises and thought it was exactly what we needed. Even [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from Square Space had warned me
Jerica
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 24/02/2017

Difficult implementation, but lots of potential

We are starting feed/retail/animal health products store, and wanted a cloud-based system with more flexibility than the dinosaur server-based systems typically used in our industry. We asked a TON of questions, demoed multiple systems, and decided Epos Now was the best fit; we've had the system for 4 months. Implementation was rough, to say the least. We were told customer service was based out of North Carolina; however, most of the reps we've talked to are very British. Nothing against Britts, but lingo is different, business is different, time zones are different- all making for minor challenges that we were not anticipating. Our implementation manager hung up on us mid-call when she had to go catch her train. We were instructed to enter products one way, then told we had to delete everything we'd entered (DAYS of work) and do it all over again. It cannot accept payments over $, which matters if you sell a large amount of product or invoice monthly. It is weight integrated, and when I was doing my initial inquisitions, made it clear that we would sell feed/seed in ounces, pounds, and tons with decimal values; the system only can measure in kilograms, which is not practical for most US applications. Manager overrides require the sales associate to log-out and the manager to log-in; an override code would be so much more efficient. However, when you actually have a client in front of you for a simple transaction, the transactions are smooth and easy. The sales interface is very user-friendly. It works great in the remote setting for pop-up shops. It was not expensive. The apps are interesting- it's nice that it makes the basic system very affordable and there are many apps available, but it is overwhelming to know which apps I need and how to use them. It could also potentially get expensive if you added many apps. As a young company, they are motivated and do continually work to improve the product and add frequent updates; however, we were told some features were a part of the system, but after purchasing the system were told that they would be available in the 'next update'. After about 2 months, we had a serious discussion about ditching this system and switching to another. We ultimately decided to stay with this system, accepting that all systems had limitations, and crossing our fingers that the worst was over. It does appear that the worst is over; however, we've only been going at this for 4 months, so ultimately time will tell.

Pros

Sales interface and usability for transactions
Overall look and style of equipment and graphics
Price for value
Mobility and Flexibility

Cons

Misleading information during demo/search process
Unreliable support during implementation
Lack of standard features and functions- units of measurement, limit on dollar amounts, etc
Confusion regarding which features are/not available via apps

Perlita

Reviewed on 13/07/2023

NONE EXISTENT Customer Service!!

Contacted EPOS now invoice department for an overpayment of £48.00 that we have made when we have already informed them that we were closing and which they have acknowledged. Despite several attempts thru their web tickets, they have just ignored us and have not made any attempt to get in touch with us. Called their sales department,surprise,surprise somebody answered !! I asked them to put me thru the invoice department and somebody answered with a fake American accent. Called again they can probably see my same phone number and refused to answer my call again. They’re good at taking your money but not interested to credit you back!! Will only answer if it’s sales and if your potentially a new customer. Don’t entertain EPOS now if you want a human customer services support .

Pros

Software overall was functional to our retail shop.

Cons

Customer service was non existent. Apart from Sales, you can only get in touch with them through a web ticket which another reviewer have noted that they don’t reply to. They are only interested to talk to a new customer and a potential sale! In short they can’t be bothered and don’t care about the concerns of their existing customer. We have now potentially lost £48.00 of overpayment but I’m glad that we don’t have to deal with such an awful customer service! The fake American accent of the male sales person was terribly bad.

Fran

Reviewed on 07/07/2017

Good system, but the true shining star is one of their employees.

Pros

We purchased your POS systems for both of our shops earlier this spring. We were upgrading our Gettysburg shop and opening a new location in Charleston, South Carolina. On the day before our opening, we installed the Bixelon barcode printer, and the plan was to print all of our labels that day so we'd be able to open and take sales the next day, April 1.

When we tested the labels we'd printed, we found that none of them would scan, which was a major problem for us opening the next day. One of the Customer Support had been working with us already through weeks of a difficult installation in our Gettysburg shop, and when we realized the issue with the labels not scanning, he had already gone home for the day. It was a Friday night, and we were in a panic. Thankfully, a lady working your call line was able to reach out, and that customer support went above and beyond the call of duty, working with us for literally hours, ultimately discovering a bug within Google Chrome that was causing the issue. He then quickly fixed the problem, allowing us to print labels for all of our hundreds of hats and to open on time the next morning, with our system fully operational.

Since then, continued to be quickly responsive to any issues we have encountered. We have been meaning to write this letter for some time now, but opening a new shop has been all consuming. We are ever so grateful to the customer support and feel that he is a true asset to your company. He is patient, personable, and calm, and a fine representative of your business. If he were our employee, he'd most certainly be first in line for a promotion.

Neil

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

DO NOT BUY EPOSNOW

Terrible. The software is poor. It can’t perform basic functions. Other functions disappear randomly and then it is pot luck if you get a support member who is able to help.

Pros

Nothing. I inherited this system. The support was never able to help with any issues I had. It was basic issues. I managed to figure some out myself and had to get by not using the other features until I eventually switched.

Cons

I was mis-sold from day one. Sold an expensive support package that I did not require. Sold an extra licence for a one off fee (or so I thought) turns out it wasn’t actually for what I was told. They don’t know what it was for but also won’t refund.
They randomly charged me more than double my payment and when I complained they told me it was because I increased the amount of licence’s to three but agreed they had no record of me asking for this.

I complained August 2023 and the complaint is still ongoing.

Response from Epos Now

Hello NEil P,

I am keen to help you resolve any outstanding issues.

EposNow

Replied 13/04/2024
Laura

Reviewed on 22/03/2024

Avoid this company especially if you are a small business

Avoid this company at all costs, especially if you are a small business! They are quick to sell you their product, very responsive and pushy for the sale but as soon as you are in you struggle for an answer to anything. There is meant to be training, we received none but were 'graduated from training' with no response when we asked for help. You are then passed on to their call centers which are never consistent. No-one responds to emails and when you do get through to someone in their call center they tell you different things.

The product itself continuously resets, needs re-syncing or unassigns itself in the middle or service. We tried the handheld which constantly disconnected from the FOH and kitchen printers - you have to beg for help from this company. We lasted a couple of months before finding a local company who cares.

Epos Now are NOT for the 'little people' they couldn't care less how much their lack of support affects small businesses - do not go near this company.

Pros

The back end of the software is user friendly.

Cons

The customer service is absolutely atrocious. I ended up sending a 6 page word document of all the emails and communications they ignored from me asking to help

Epos Now didn't attempt to help set up or train us on how to use the product, we had to guess and when we asked for help we were ignored. We ended up having to ask our IT company who figured some of it out.

The software continuously stops working or re-syncs in the middle of service. Not ideal on a busy day. When you call for help you get palmed off and very little help is received.

Response from Epos Now

Hello Laura N,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I'm genuinely sorry to hear about your experience so far.

I'm eager to gain more insight into your concerns. Please don't hesitate to contact me and my team directly at [email protected]. We're here to help.

EposNow Digital Team.

Replied 10/04/2024
Zehra

Reviewed on 02/12/2020

WORST SYSTEM AND CUSTOMER SERVICE

My overall experience is below 0 with this company, they cannot solve anything and puts even more challenges in front of their customers.

Pros

I made the decision to purchase this software because it looked user-friendly and the support team sounded great. It was also in top 10 for retail software in UK.

Cons

Since, the beginning I had many technical problems and problems with the support team. Once accidentally, they've deleted all my sales and product data during trading!
After a while, I lost connection with the support team, waiting for a day or 2 for them to get back to me, screen freezes in front of the customers in the store and there's nobody to reach, the system doesn't sync, no solution there. And, their Bulk Editor app is not working at all! And, once you reach someone with the support team, their answer is always like that - sorry, it has to be a glitch in the system, there's nothing I can do! Their support is to solve system problems, therefore I don't understand this reply at all!

I've bought the integration with Shopify and this sync is not working either and they are blaming Shopify about this. No product or refund data to be synced during the day, nobody to reach for help. I have been waiting for a solution to this for 4 weeks now.

I don't recommend this company to anyone, please stay away from this brand!

Giulia
Giulia
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 19/10/2021

Avoid this company!!!

Pros

None
I don't have anything positive to day about my experience with epos
Please read cons

Cons

I worked with epos now for over 12 months and they made me waste so much time and money. I been having issues integrating my shopify account with my epos account for over 12 months, stock level was incorrect and also the app wasnt syncing properly.
I have been having the same issue for 12 months and spoke to over 20 different staff members but still the issue hasn't been solved till today. Every phone call i had lasted between a hour to 3 hours.
Their customer service is not trained enough and absolutely clueless on what they are doing as they admitted multiple times that they didnt know how to solve the issue and were waiting for their manager response on how to move forward. What makes me even more frustrated is that in over a year time of reporting the SAME issue CONSTANTLY day by day, i never had help from any of their managers in charge. I dont understand why epos is adding extra apps on their app store when they clearly have zero control on them. To add more features you ALSO have to make sure you to add more training etc you can't offer a service that doesn't work. I really hope that i won't have to put up with this company ever again, an absolute headache. Avoid at all costs!

Steve

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

Best Epos system on the market

If your looking for a new Epos system that does exactly what it says on the box and some, makes your life much simpler and keeps your staff and customers very happy with how easy the system
Is to operate then I suggest you pick up the phone and call Eposnow - and tick one more of those to-do boxes - sorted And finally to name names credit where credits due - Olly mate your awesome - thankyou soo much for all your help with the tech stuff and your programming and knowledge of the system is awesome, so a personal thankyou goes out to you especially but also all the other members of the time from start to finish - well done guys

Pros

Straight forward to use with logical operating system integrates with other systems easily and seemlessly - the team at Eposnow offer second to none support with full programming and setup assistance on and off site - they set it all up remotely for me and when the day of changeover came it’s was literally 5mins and the old out of date system was out and my brand new all singing all dancing Eposnow system was up and taking money ! - the after support has been awesome not that there has been any issues but a few small tweaks here and there - my chefs love it seperate printers for each course clear easy to understand tickets, it also allows me to use the tab function to use as my hotel rooms and bill transfers happen easily. Back office is easy to navigate and gives me real time information, my specials are set up and are simple to amend each day - I can’t fault it

Cons

Extreme hostility was experienced but not from these guys - it was from my old Epos solution company when I told them I was leaving - telling me I’d made a huge mistake and I won’t get any support or help - this was the exact reason I left them and went to the guys at Eposnow - I won’t mention names but if they, as I do keep an eye on the competition, and they read this they need to take a good long look at the guys at Eposnow and how they really look after their customers - they might learn something.

Response from Epos Now

Hello Steve.

Thank you for leaving a review of Eposnow. We are really pleased to hear that the transition to ourselves has gone well and we are really excited to work with you and your business in the future.

I will make sure Olly gets to see your review, he is a really great asset to us at Eposnow.

Kind Regards

Replied 11/12/2018
Richard

Reviewed on 23/03/2021

Buyer Beware!!

Absolutely Horrible and dishonest

Pros

Friendly Customer Service Staff. Albeit their hands are tied they can do nothing to help you!

Cons

Buyer Beware Epos Now WILL SCAM YOU!! I was warned by others and because of the price-point of their system I did not listen! Please don't make the same mistakes I've made!

I started by filling out a simple general interest in POS systems on Instagram and Epos aggressively stayed after me. Their sales staff are high pressure! I explained from the outset that my business was still under construction and I didn't need a system yet. I was assured that if I purchased their hardware, I would not be charged until I activated it. As of today, March 23, 2021 I've been charged every single month! I have tried since December to get this account paused and stop being charged. I've been promised every single week since the first charge that they would "pause," and refund the charges. Their staff are kind to you on the phone but they have not intentions in fixing this! They will lie to you to get your business, and God help you if you need to resolve a problem! Sure, they will answer the phone and promise that they are "investigating" the issue. They don't mean it!! Covid-19 has assaulted my business in so many ways in 2020 and I don't need a high pressure sales team lying to me and then whilst I'm still not open charge me every single month for a service I'm not prepared yet to use! I have asked since January to shut the account down. NOTHING! February, NOTHING, March, NOTHING! They are still investigating my claim! Hmmm. Please, go to other POS companies.

Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

Price of entry; high pressure sales
Ray

Reviewed on 20/04/2021

Poor Support & Implementation

I've run several small businesses for the past 30 years and this is absolutely the worst software decision I've made, the platform and support are just horrible.

Pros

Unfortunately, there is not a lot to like I moved from NCR Silver which was exceptional and unfortunately, EPOS does not compare.

Cons

The assignment of modifiers is incredibly poor it's an overly complicated process that's just not necessary. NCR Silver has a much better method, simply easy to follow and time-efficient. There is no training mode, a rather obvious omission. The back office is like something coded in the '80s the screen does not even resize to your desktop! you have to extend your desktop to about 4 times its width and then scroll across, you cannot see all the options on the screen, ridiculous. The integration process is handled by multiple departments and wastes so much time. My transition from NCR had multiple errors and you don't know who to call to solve the issues. The call centre is non-existant you call and are just put on hold, in comparison you call NCR and you are put straight through to a real human and your issues are resolved.

Reviewed on 16/06/2022

Appalling Company - AVOID at all costs. 6 Months of Hell

Literal hell for 6 months. We couldn't wait to move to a new supplier who was actually competent.
Research this company very carefully and ask to see their community forum before joining.

Pros

It's pretty. That's about it. Apart from looking nice the functionality is poor.

Cons

Everything.
Sales reports are incorrect all the time, cash up was wrong on a daily basis (not due to human error).
Support is practically non existant. Whatsapp support might reply in 3-4 weeks if you're lucky. Phone support aren't trained so can't help solve issues.
Higher management try to blame your equipment rather than their system.
Slow and Laggy, took over 5 minutes to log in some times and button presses wouldn't register half of the time.

Just generally and awful system.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

It seemed to have better functionality.
Simon

Reviewed on 29/09/2022

This company is a scam!

Bottom line - run away as fast as you can. Eposnow is THE worse company I've ever dealt with by a significant margin. You think Telco's are hard to deal with, try and get support from these guys!

After purchasing the product and buying two tills (cost of over $1200 NZD), the communication from the sales rep and my 'allocated' technical support person vanished completely. During the sales process he was quick to respond, but as soon as they had my money, ALL communication stopped. Calling his number went through to the 'help desk', which was just an on hold service. I waited 1.5 hours and then got disconnected. This happened several times.

When I did a sales enquiry (with the goal of trying to get in contact with my original sales guy) - they were quick to respond, but on asking to talk to him, there was ZERO response - all comms stopped. Still waiting on his call after 5 weeks. My tech guy has also vanished.

They wanted me to setup a Direct Debit for 12 months, and for this, offered a deal on the hardware which I accepted, but after 5 weeks, I still haven't received anything. This company is a SCAM!

You cannot email anyone, and if you do have an email (i.e. my sales guy) you never get a response.

I have sent over 7 emails over 5 weeks to my sales rep and support person asking them for support or some contact, but still ZERO response. The last two emails I told them that if I didn't hear from them within 48 hours, I would cancel my contract and seek a full refund of all

Pros

It seemed like it would work for us, but the customer service was TERRIBLE. The till software was slow and the management software has some major bugs.

Cons

How slow it was and buggy. The load time for the till was over 30 seconds.