About Glasscubes

Glasscubes offers cloud-based collaboration solution for businesses. It provides for file sharing, collaboration and document management, making it accessible from devices with an internet connection. Glasscubes’ file sharing...

4.7

Browse Glasscubes Reviews

Nick

Reviewed on 17/08/2018

Glasscubes Intranet/CRM - What a find

Our experience with Glasscubes has been an extremely positive one since the moment I first spoke to Craig.

He conducted two online presentations, which having sold software for 18 years, I think are some of the best I have had. Clear, concise, informative, in plain english and no hard sell (just let the product do the work for him!).

The implementation and on-boarding process is both intuitive and straight forward with lots of support both from the team and from online content, which is excellent. Nothing is too much trouble for our primary contacts.

Pound for pound, Glasscubes exceeds expectation and I can only imagine will get better and better. Yes there are improvements that can be made but their 'vote for new functionality' that clients can access will enable them to prioritise and gauge what to do next.

We are a team of 13 and the overwhelming feedback has been really positive from the whole company and has made us far more collaborative, centralising all our work and creating a focal point for our company.

I very much look forward to working with Glasscubes for many years to come and if they maintain their standards, they will become a real force in this market and a natural choice for small SMEs.

Pros

- Easy of use
- Breadth of Functionality
- Amazing support
- Great supporting documentation
- Cross platform and device availability

Cons

- would like to see smoother integration with MS Office suite (both on PC and Mac). I appreciate refinements to this process are ongoing. Working on a Mac, it this is slightly clunky but really not a deal breaker in anyway.

Response from Glasscubes

Hi Nick,

Thank you for your review. Just as an update for you, we are currently developing our Microsoft Office 365 integration. We anticipate it being launched towards the end of this quarter.

Best regards,

The Glasscubes Team

Replied 22/08/2018
Amanda

Reviewed on 05/07/2022

Straightforward

I am using it as a Board member so all documents are loaded in preparation for meetings.

Pros

It is easy to move between documents and I get notifications when new files are added

Cons

I would like to be able to create a link from a document to take me direct to another. It would be helpful to be able to add private notes, all comments are visible.

Elizabeth

Intranet

Improved communication within the business.

Pros

Central location for all employees to access company information.

Cons

Menus can be tricky to navigate but the search facility works well.

Top Glasscubes Alternatives

Microsoft SharePoint

Google Cloud Storage

Dropbox Business

Claire

Reviewed on 08/07/2022

A secure, reliable to allow you share and collaborate with a dispersed team

We are a dispersed team that work across across 130+ organisations. Glasscubes is a way that we can safely and securely store our documents and files and enable us to collaborate efficiently.
It is such a well thought out platform which, not only can users easily engage with but allows me as the manager to track version control on documents, see when staff have accessed material and track engagement with our partners.
The team at Glasscubes are also incredibly helpful, not only helping us iron out any issues but also taking on feedback as our use of Glasscubes increases. If you are working remotely and need a secure file sharing platform which also allows you to communicate easily with the team, I would highly recommend.

Pros

Version control - being able to see who has edited what and when, and also being able to revert to previous copies. Gives us additional peace of mind when a collaborative partner accidentally overwrites something.
The online editing and editing in real time is also really useful.
The security of the site and easy it is to control who sees what. Just incredibly flexible.
It's an incredibly reliable site.

Cons

Difficulty to say, as the team has always been very receptive to us asking for work arounds or new features that prove popular.

Edward

Reviewed on 27/07/2022

extremely useful file sharing and portal

very good, our company has been using it for many years now

Pros

We use Glasscubes for file management, file sharing and document control. We upload all of our documents and use it to update and record them all. it is extremely easy to use and find files with the search function

Cons

i think that when a file has been updating the older files should be put in an archive folder

Response from Glasscubes

Hi Edward, thank you for your feedback. Glasscubes has file versioning built-in. If you update a file it will add the new version and automatically archive older versions. Just reach out to us if you have any questions.

Replied 01/08/2022
Leighton

Reviewed on 05/07/2022

Creating an Effective Team Among Independents

I am a solo practicing attorney. I often times co-counsel with one or more attorneys and firms on complex cases. These cases have hundreds if not thousands of documents in varying formats. In addition many of our pleadings are drafted in concert with all counsel, clients, and experts. Thus, all interested parties require access to the documents and the ability to modify and comment on pleadings.

Many applications and solutions were researched prior to purchasing Glasscubes. They all had their own strengths and weaknesses. They did not, however, present the "whole" package I was seeking.

Glasscubes met all our requirements. Uploading and downloading easily and safely (no disruption to the original files), ability to create folder and sub-folders, and ability to have multiple persons work on and comment on a document.

The support is the crowning gem. Live person timely support, clear and concise solutions, and follow up.

Glasscubes is an excellent solution to team projects, with a reasonable cost.

Pros

The ease to create an organized data base.

Cons

There were so many features that we have not used. This is not really a "con" but a comment on a user possibly feeling overwhelmed with the Glasscubes' package. It is best to inform the Glasscubes' Support on what you are seeking and attempting to create.

Esley
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Glasscubes - Intuitive and user-friendly online document and data management

Overall, a very positive experience with this software. It has become integral to the work I do on a daily basis!

Pros

Glasscubes is very user-friendly and intuitive to use. Lots of functionality to make document storage, version management, and collaboration easy.

Cons

There are a few small aspects that I would like improvement on (e.g., the ability to delete/change your responses in a poll), but the Glasscubes team is very open to suggestions.

Eloise

A very useful tool

Glasscubes is very easy to use and enables us to work together in many different ways. If I have ever had a problem the customer service department were very responsive and quick to try to resolve the problem.

Pros

Glasscubes allows us to share, track and change documents with each other in a very convenient and quick way. It is great to not have to rely on paper documents or sending things through less secure email.

Cons

At the moment we are unable to share publisher documents, we have to convert them to PDFs
It is very quick to download word documents but larger files can take time to download.

• Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 19/07/2022

CSL Review

This has really helped with organisation, document control and project management.

Pros

The software is easy to use and set up, the file storage system is ideal as you can document control and share. The tasks are also really good and we use the system daily across the business.

Cons

Task sharing across workspaces would have been useful for us.

Niall
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 21/07/2022

CSL Glasscubes

Pros

Glasscubes is great for completing tasks and uploading files I would highly recommend

Cons

I have no issues using Glasscubes software the support we receive is great

• Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 18/03/2020

Fantastic Programme

The key benefits is that all the documents we need to access and use can all be stored in one place for everyone to access. My life has been made simpler as I have just one place to go to find the information I need. I can also do this on-the-go which is ideal for me as I work away from the office most days.

Pros

The programme is really easy to navigate and the functionality is simple to use. There is also a search facility which I find really useful. I also like the fact that you can communicate easily with colleagues via the message system or leave comments against files to inform others of any changes, etc. This is particularly useful if you work in a virtual network or team. There is also an app that you can download on your phone or tablet so you can access files on the move.

Cons

The only downside I have found is that I need to download documents to edit and then re upload, but that is down to my institution not the programme itself. The system can be accessed on a desktop if you work for an institution which allows it.

Samuel

Reviewed on 25/05/2021

Glasscubes, Customised platform for organisation collaboration

It has a customised layout system which is professional and easy to store and locate documents, the limitations with not being able to have multiple people editing a document and inability to share a document for editing outside of the organisation means this product is weaker than when compared to google docs.

Pros

The high security and protection of key documents, as well as the function that allows you to share documents with juniors or other people without giving there the ability to download or edit the original. Also the documents on Glasscubes can be uploaded in versions, so previous versions can be tracked and secured when needed.

Cons

It is very frustrating to share with other organisations who do not have the permission to access and edit the document as they are not a Glasscubes user, this makes cross-collaboration hard. Also if multiple people work on the same document- at the same time, you will get kicked out and it will become locked to the main editor, so again- not good for multi-person editing and collaboration.

Response from Glasscubes

Hi Samuel,

Thank you for your review and feedback. I wanted to reach out to you to address your frustrations. It is possible to securely share information from Glasscubes with external organisations, using our 'secure share link' feature. If you need to edit and collaborate with external parties, please contact your account administrator and request that they be added to your workspace.

When editing a file Glasscubes locks that file, so that other users cannot edit it at the same time, this protects the versioning of the document. During that time the file can still be viewed online, or downloaded by other users. If you use Office 365, it is also possible to co-edit documents, in much the same way as you can with Google Docs.

All the best, the Glasscubes Team.

Replied 09/06/2021
Linzey

Reviewed on 13/03/2020

User friendly and flexible

Glasscubes has proved to be extremely beneficial for the company I work for. It is very user friendly, they are great at communicating updates etc and it looks appealing.

Our company has lots of different documents, in lots of different formats, Glasscubes has helped the company to streamline all of this into 1 area, therefore easier to find the documents I need.

We have been able to personalise our Glasscbues and can even send individuals or groups of people messages and share specific information. Any information shared on Glasscubes will be followed up with an email notification meaning you will never miss anything - however, if something isn't relevant to you, you can also unsubscribe to the updates - they have thought of everything!

Keep up the good work!

Pros

The chat function is great! I have used it in the past and staff get back to you very quickly, they have been able to guide me through steps which I was unfamiliar with by sending images as well as text replies - I found this super helpful as when you are first getting used to any new platform it can be difficult so someone who is able to send screen shots of what to do and where to look solved my issues super quick!

Cons

So far I don't have any issues with this programme!

George
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 11/03/2021

Essential Software for Any Remote Team

My team has been using Glasscubes for 4 years now to enable us to work across multiple sites while keeping information flowing and having a central place to store our project documents. Glasscubes played a critical role in our business continuity last year when all employees had to work from home at very short notice.

The support available from Glasscubes is exceptional and the platform in constantly in development. Users are encouraged to give feedback to the development team on features which would be useful to implement, and I've personally seen some of my suggestions rolled out across the site.

It has the flexibility to suit teams and businesses of all sizes and I fully recommend Glasscubes to anybody looking for secure, cloud-based filesharing and collaboration solutions.

Pros

The collaboration aspect of Glasscubes is what really makes it stand out, allowing teams to store, edit and share documents across multiple locations and organisations. It integrates perfectly with MS Office and 365 with the recently-added feature to edit online in Office 365.

Cons

Some users can find it challenging to navigate the site at first but this is very easily fixed by a short introduction and training session which we have integrated in the induction process.

Patrick

Reviewed on 21/01/2021

Glasscubes - SharePoint Extranet Replacement

Very positive. Rollout was painless. Our migration plan worked quite well. Glasscubes Support has been very responsive helping us with anything that has come up.

Pros

- ease of use
- ease of administration
- not browser dependent
- users had the ability to invite their clients and colleagues to their workspaces

Cons

- administration needed some fine tuning
- drag and drop feature was inconsistent (has since been corrected)

• Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 06/10/2021

Glasscubes - A Superb Product, Supported by Expert and Attentive Staff

We have been using Glasscubes now for the past few months and I have been hugely impressed with the service provided. Aside from the fact that the platform is easy to use and meets all of our needs from an intranet portal, the support and guidance we have been provided, both before and since launch, is second to none. Whether it be troubleshooting issues, or ideas for further development, the team at Glasscubes couldn't be more helpful - always providing us with a quick and beneficial solution. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them!

Pros

It is such a user-friendly platform, which our people have found really easy to get to grips with. It has allowed us to simplify many/most of our processes, centralise our frequently accessed documents and has opened up a world of possibilities in terms of connecting everyone. The implementation process was also very smooth, with fantastic guidance and support on hand from Glasscubes at all times.

Cons

There are genuinely no negative comments I have to make in this regard - the platform does what we need it to (and then some) and if there has been anything missing, Glasscubes have worked with us to find a solution.

Michelle

Reviewed on 20/06/2016

Glasscubes; a great tool for sharing information and working together on projects

I started to use Glasscubes a few years ago when our team started working on projects with colleagues based around the UK. My first real experience was working on producing a short online course with colleagues in Manchester. Glasscubes made it so much easier for us to get feedback on content quickly and we didn't have to worry about version control as Glasscubes clearly shows you the history of who has accessed what and when. Everyone in the team could see the same information and we knew what we were all working on was the most current and up to date content. It definitely made life a lot easier for us.

Pros

Things I like about Glasscubes:
1) Its easy to use
2) You can upload documents that multiple people can access
3) You can give specific people access to a project
4) You can access Glasscubes from anywhere
5) I can create my own task list to keep on top of my workload and others can also add to that task list
6) Glasscubes notifies you when someone has added to a project you are working on or has assigned a task to you

Cons

I haven't found anything yet that I really don't like.

Reviewed on 08/01/2021

Excellent product for what we need

We launched Glasscubes a few years ago when in need of something quick and easy. This is the solution I got hooked on. It is quick and easy and yet it still has amazing functionality on so many levels. An excellent product. And BTW, the customer support folks are fantastic.

Pros

I like the flexibility in creating secure spaces for diverse sets of users, some overlapping and some not, based on their functions and needs. I like how easy it is to send notifications to a group of users about changes, updates, etc. I like the ease of setting up forms for end-user input. Our users love how they can just go to Glasscubes for what they need at any time without having to go through us and our helpdesk. And I also love that I don't have to manage passwords!

Cons

Occasionally, but rarely, the format of pages where I need tables isn't optimal, it wants to out-think me a bit and makes me do what it wants rather than what I want.

Reviewed on 23/06/2016

Glasscubes: Fantastic File Sharing and Virtual Office Resource

In searching for a resource that would tie multiple working teams that adjudicate and support over 70 churches and social service agencies in the upper Midwest of the USA, we explored many options but settled on glasscubes. Ease of use, excellent labeling and parking of necessary files, reviews, collaborative projects confidentially limited to particular subsets of larger collaborative team was a huge seller. Being able to use discussion and polling options for online formal decision making, global calling options, doc reviews, pushed notices, universal calendaring and strong tech support made glasscubes an easy decision.

Pros

Ease of use
Excellent labeling and parking of necessary files
File review and collaboration made easy
Easy management of access for large pool of users
Great discussion and polling options for online decision making
Global calling options
Pushed notices
Good calendar tool
Strong tech support

Cons

Sometimes difficult to review docs in native viewer/editor
Costs lower under 'per workspace' model than new 'per user' model

Tarek

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

Implementing GC at a London Early Years School

Excellent, from the first interaction. Very clear, friendly and straightforward. Super professional people!

Pros

Easy to use, easy to set-up and manage and easy to get in touch with GC if you have questions. It's a human company, and the customer service is amazing.

Cons

Possibly could integrate lots more features and apps like survey tools

Microsoft SharePoint and Google Cloud Storage

Reasons for Choosing Glasscubes

We had outgrown these processes, and due to ever more complex compliance needs.

Reasons for Switching to Glasscubes

Ease of use. Human to human connection.
Adil
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 18/03/2021

Virtual Work Space

we cleared our back log for Under charges/Overcharges, Promotional Invoice claims.
Can easily access a lot of information without downloading it like policy documents/training mannuals.

Pros

I liked the work space speacially how I and my team can look into my performance on a task, before using we were receiving hard copies for invoices where suppliers were charging us different prices, my team leader wasn't completely aware of how many claims are outstanding but now they can log in to Glasscube and monitor our performance personally.
Easy Data/file sharing.
Its like a social Media, interactive and interesting.

Cons

Although it shows you you have completed the task but it still stays there and you will have to sort it from completed to pending, it would be more easier if after a certain time completed task either go into another folder or disappear.

Response from Glasscubes

Hi Adil,

Thank you for the feedback. It is possible to remove completed tasks from your task list automatically. However, that does depend on the view you have selected. Try using a view other than 'All' and see if that works for you. If not, please do reach out to us and we will help resolve that frustration.

The Glasscubes Team

Replied 24/03/2021
April

Reviewed on 27/03/2018

My experience with glasscubes has been that it is very simple to use with a few downfalls.

A huge benefit that I received from this software was the ability to share files, manage documents, and create my own personal content in one place. Whereas in the past, I would have had to use several different types of software to get all of these things done in a timely manner.

Pros

The thing that I love the most about this software is that I can easily share files and manage documents without worrying about security concerns. I also am a fan of the fact that I can create my own personal content within the software making it possible for me to use just one software compared to the many that I used to use.

Cons

The thing that I like least about this software is the fact that sometimes it can be very difficult to review documents while in the native viewer setting. Another thing that I am not a huge fan of is the fact that most features are add-on software that is available to you at a higher cost that can be very expensive when added with the initial cost of the software.

Haszilah
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

Every document feature that I need is here

Pros

The feature that I like best about this product is that it allows me to exchange files and manage papers without worrying about security effortlessly. I also like that I can build my unique material within the software, allowing me to need only one tool instead of the multiple I previously employed.

Cons

The only drawback I've discovered is that I have to extract documents to amend them before re-uploading them, but this is due to my organization, not the software. If you operate from an organization that allows it, you can use a desktop to access the system.

Jannine

Reviewed on 09/08/2017

Easy-Intuitive-supportive. Highly recommended

collaboration and internal communications has increased many-fold as people find it so easy to use.

Pros

I work for an international NGO and we have staff and Board members in about 40 countries. We were finding that our former intranet platform was no longer fit-for-purpose and 'clunky'. Our users were disatisfied, so we had to change.

We started testing out Glasscubes late 2016 and right away the support team have been answering our questions quickly. No question is ever too small.

We moved our intranet over to Glasscubes in April, with full launch in June. The platform is so user-friendly and we have seen a great increase in engagement from our global staff in the short time we have been using it. It is so intuitive. Many of our staff use Facebook, so they can figure out how to use it with miminal training.

The support pages are great and the live chat and admin forum are really useful for problem solving.

Highly recommended if you are looking for a collaborative platform.

Cons

This is more difficult to complete. Not being able to label mutlipl documents are a time is a bit of a pain - but the glasscubes development team is looking into a fix for this.

Frederick

Reviewed on 20/11/2019

Glasscubes user review

Glasscubes is helpful, user friendly facility that allows out team to work remotely with each other and have a central repository for our trackers and resources. this is invaluable becasue we are spread out across the North of England and would struggle to work cohesively together without it.

Pros

Simple to use and very functional. Flexiblility to create archives, workspaces and files. Easy to organise how you want.

Cons

Process for making updates could be slightly smoother but really not a problem