About DEAR Systems

DEAR Systems is a cloud-based ERP solution for small to midsized retailers, wholesalers, manufacturers, and e-commerce operators. This comprehensive solution includes modules such as e-commerce, manufacturing, purchasing, sales,...

Browse DEAR Systems Reviews

Ben B.

Reviewed on 29/03/2021

What a relief

DEAR Systems is everything I wanted Unleashed and MRP Easy to be. Its flexible to use, has ongoing gold standard support at no extra cost, has a great looking interface and has very customisable membership extras.

I clearly cant talk more highly about DEAR and its because I had such a lousy time with the others.

Pros

Best support I have ever had with any business software. The live chat is full of highly experienced operators who respond very quickly to get you back on track.
Very fast and easy to understand onboarding. Much less help needed than others.
The video tutorials are excellent.
The interface is modern looking.
The process from CO to MO is visual and easy to follow.
The Automation option is worth every dollar.

Cons

Not enough Business intelligence information.
Not enough visual information in reporting like graphs and tables. There is a taste of it in the dashboard but thats the extent of it.
B2B Portal needs the option to pick what products certain groups of stores get to see vs others.

Shazib K.
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 29/06/2021

A robust supply chain/inventory management

Very good; this has enhanced our inventory management

Pros

The client servicing teams have listened to my concerns and suggestions to bring new features onboard. The brought in delivery scheduling which matters to companies managing fulfillment with limited dispatch capacity. Furthermore, they have recently escalated my concern on the time lag between sales vs COGS date due to the UAE VAT law's verdict on date of supply in case of taking client deposits. I'm confident that they will resolve that as well.

Cons

The integration with Xero is nice; but as far as the "reversal" are concerns; i.e. when DEAR invoices are modified; that creates Xero<>DEAR sync errors. There's nothing wrong with this logic; but I feel this is an area of improvements.

Unleashed

Reasons for Switching to DEAR Systems

DEAR system's had POS and the backend had financial module as well.
Paul G.

Reviewed on 11/06/2020

Was a great system with lots of pro's but now massively flawed!

Performance issues are far far too common, and they seem to be unable to support them.

Pros

Contains the vast majority of required features to operate a successful e-commerce store. Nice layout, not too bulky, and sticks to what its good at. API is well written which allows you to expand usability with third party apps.

Cons

Performance! Over the past 6 months this has gone from bad to worse. The odd hang, became frequent hangs, then time outs on the server. The latest sizeable price increase to allow them to fix this was unwelcome as I already pay for a package that is supposed to perform as promised. This left a little bit of a sour taste. Now though, once again, their system is down, completely!
My team cannot access anything, at all. If a call or email comes through, we cannot see stock, prices, lead times, not even the customer records.
Support say they are working on it, the ETA? Don't know. Great.
I say avoid until they sort out their issues with performance. I will be looking for alternatives as I cannot afford this kind of issue, and paying more for the service they are already supposed to be offering is bad form in my opinion.

Unleashed and Brightpearl

Reasons for Switching to DEAR Systems

Seemingly better features and support.

Response from DEAR Systems

Hello Paul,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear that the new UI/UX that was rolled has met your expecations.
We are constantly scalling DEAR to meet the preformance needs of our customers.
Some of our customers in the Microsoft East US data centre experienced a System Outage. This was caused by unexpected behaviour in the Microsoft Datacenter. You can find out more details about the above incident at https://status.azure.com/en-us/status/history/ June 2020 6/11 Storage - East US - Mitigated (Tracking ID 9VHK-J80). The DEAR monitoring team, which is working 24/7 to have an eye out for any performance issues, immediately spotted this and promptly contacted Microsoft to report, monitor and got the incident resolved. We recognize the important role that DEAR plays in your daily business. Rest assured we have taken the necessary steps, in discussion with Microsoft, to avoid this from occurring again.

Replied 01/07/2020

Top DEAR Systems Alternatives

Bob W.

Reviewed on 17/11/2017

DEAR Inventory Helping us Grow

Pros

We've been using the DEAR system for quite a while now and I must say I couldn't be any happier. It was a seamless transition from our old system, and I especially appreciate how well DEAR integrates with our accounting software. This makes everyone's work a whole lot easier. I have contacted support on several occasions with questions that I had, and I always received a quick, thorough, and very helpful response. We manufacture our products as well wholesale and retail them with an online store, and everything works so well together with DEAR that it really helps us focus on building our business rather than focusing our attention on trying to keep up with inventory and ordering. I would highly recommend DEAR systems to anyone looking for a new inventory management system.

-Bob Weiss

Cons

One thing that would be useful would be to be able to call for customer service. We have used customer service email on several occasions, and have always had a pretty quick response, however, if we have a pressing issue, it would be nice to have a number to call and someone to talk with.

Response from DEAR Systems Limited

Dear Bob,

Thank you for your review. Happy to hear everything is going well.

Regarding the calls we have a booking service on our website where you can schedule in a time convenient for you to speak to a representative. They are free and are accessible to all our customers. Follow this link to book a call https://dearsystems.youcanbook.me/index.jsp

Owen B.

Reviewed on 22/08/2019

Simple but very, very effective Inventory management and general business operations software

The business administration is now a multiple of it's previous efficiency. We can track sales, purchases and performance far, far more efficiently than before. The proof is in the pudding - walk around our sales office and at least one screen on every desk will have DEAR open.

Pros

The software is made up of simple to understand modules that have a clear purpose and have extremely good help videos and articles available. There is a "simple" and "advanced" version of most functions which makes carrying out most tasks extremely efficient while still having the power of the full functionality available in the background if needed. Any simple document can be changed to an advanced document with the click of a button.

Cons

The "Jobs" or project module is somewhat more difficult to use than other parts of the suite. Projects are a common part of many businesses and a simpler, more intuitive, module that allowed easy quotes and easy conversion to a Job would be a great enhancement.

simPRO, SAP Business One and QuickBooks Commerce

Ease of use Cost Support responsiveness Comprehensive modules and integrations
Ken H.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 16/03/2021

The best e-comerce intergrated platfom

Time saving
more accurate

Pros

1. Easy to intergrate my ebay, website, payment portal.
2. Perfect syn with all platforms
3. Super fast respond from support team
4. It is very accurately in all accounting things.

Cons

RMA is not convient in my business running model. But I believe that is suitable for most of the companies.

Unleashed

Cin7

Response from DEAR Systems

Hello Ken,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that DEAR has helped you in your organization. We strive to serve our customers to the best of our abilities.

RMA is a new feature we released recently. We are still working on improving/adding new functionality to it. We would like to understand your use-case and how we can help you.

Please do contact us if you have any difficulties.

Replied 25/03/2021
Paul H.
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

Excellent software, easy to set up and use

Pros

I have to say that not only is this software so easy to set up and amazing to use but the support is genuinely the best I have received from any company in the last 20 years. Schedule a call, they skype in and share your screen, go through whatever you need nothing too much trouble, the help videos are brilliant but the email support I can't get my head around. Its been 9 & 10 pm at night UK time and I am emailing questions in and they are FULLY answered in literally 4 or 5 mins Not some half baked canned response but proper answers based on your question

Easy to set up
Works on multiple channels such as Shopify Ebay etc
Syncs with Xero accounting software

Cons

Sometimes the syncing once you use multiple sales channels is a little confusing (well for me anyhows) but thats just a slight issue

Response from DEAR Systems Limited

Hi Paul,

Thank you for the superb review !

Just addressing your small concern, if you ever need a walk through on how DEAR syncs information with our add on partner apps feel free to book in a call with one of our representatives following the below link:

Perry M.

Reviewed on 26/01/2018

Excellent product backed by excellent support and free training. DEAR is the heart of my...

time

Pros

This system works as advertised. There is a great balance of functionality to nudge you towards running a better business and enough flexibility to tailor the operation to your business needs. The free training is excellent, far better than paid training that I have endured with other systems. They are super responsive with any questions that I do have, always resolving my questions with 1-2 emails. Being able to connect to my customers shopping carts on my website while providing professional looking forms and documents for shipping the product out the door is fantastic. Accurately providing accounting information to Xero in moments is another great feature.

Cons

Creating the purchase orders is less intuitive when I purchase items that will not be used in products ( e.g. services, support items like bags and boxes). This may very likely be a training problem.

• Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 07/09/2017

Flexible and functional inventory software

Pros

Having used DEAR for over a year now, we were looking for an all in one inventory system that could integrate with our Ecommerce and accounting packages.
A friend recommended DEAR and since then, we never looked back!
Some of the benefits we found:
- Flexible setup and customisable features
- Useful Batch and expiry date tracking (saved us on a couple of occasions, having to do recalls on certain products)
- Support was detailed and helpful
- Integration with xero works very well

Cons

Not a lot of negatives, as a lot of the feedback has been converted into fixes and updates over the past 12 months. Its great to see DEAR systems listening to their customers and implementing changes:
- Look and feel was a little basic, but new facelift and appearance customisations should fix this
- Initial setup was difficult on my own, but once i connected with support, all integration and setup issues were dealt with.
- Does not connect with Bigcommerce Ecommerce solution any longer.

Steve S.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 11/03/2019

Superb system, excellent support

DEAR is probably the most important system in our business. It has revolutionised our company and allowed us to grow quickly, expanding the product range and marketplaces. It ties everything in beautifully so that, in conjunction with Xero, we have complete management control of the business. It's truly brilliant and I would recommend it without hesitation.

Pros

It's stable, reliable, never goes wrong and the support staff are excellent. When problems do occur, they are sorted out very quickly.
Synchronisation with Xero, Amazon and eBay is near-flawless.

Cons

Some aspects are a little unintuitive, and it does entail the user understanding quite a lot about how stock control works.
The B2B trade portal isn't great and needs a rethink.
These are very small issues though compared with what the system does well - which is nearly everything.

Dona D.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 21/08/2020

We run the whole company on DEAR

Often times I do run in to a problem, either I entered something wrong and can't fix it, or I need a bulk operation done and need support. DEAR support is always very, very responsive and they keep holding my hand until we get where we need to be. I can't say enough good things about the support. All of the support staff know the product and can immediately understand what I need, they stay with me until I do it.

Pros

The integration with our web store and accounting software, totally automated everything.

Cons

Its complicated, but probably not overly so considering what it does.

Response from DEAR Systems

Hello Dona,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that our Support Team has helped you when you faced difficulties. We strive to serve our customers to the best of our abilities. Please do contact us if you have any difficulties.

Replied 16/09/2020
Susan C.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 24/04/2020

Dear Support

I have been happy with the overall sysytem.

I am especially impressed with the support side of things and being able to have a zoom support call and someone to talk to about an issue is brilliant.

Pros

It is easy to use and syncs through to our accounting system Xero which is a big help.

Cons

I am not so keen on the new lay out of the sales orders

Response from DEAR Systems

Hello Susan,

I am glad we have met your expectations.
Your opinion is important to us as it helps us to better improve our system to be more User Friendly.
My team has been trying to contact you to get your feedback and help you with the new layout.
If you have any difficulty we would like to hear your thoughts. Please send us an email on [email protected] or book a call with us https://calendly.com/support-dearsystems/meeting.

Replied 19/05/2020
By T.

Reviewed on 04/06/2021

We've been using DEAR Systems for 6 years and this one incident made us really disappointed.

Pros

Dearsystem is mostly diy so its easy to implement quick fixes/changes when necessary.

Cons

- No AR ageing report even though we use this software for payments recording
- We've been using DEAR Systems for 6 years now. I recently tried to add an additional external integration but the integration page simply refreshed without connecting to the external software and without any error message whatsoever (possibly a bug). Thinking that it could be because i didnt had sufficient external integration licenses in my subscription, i went ahead to pay for an additional external integration. However, the same issue reoccurred which prompted me to contact support. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from support reached out and we managed to resolve the issue. However, in the process, i found out that not only did i already have an extra external integration license which i've been paying for months without using before the add on, i also paid for the add on license when i tried to troubleshoot this issue on my own. I followed up with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] to request for a credit of the additional unused license to my account (not refund) to offset future subscription charges but my multiple requests were turned down even though [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and the management understood my position. Effectively, we've been unknowingly paying for an extra license which we did not use and now that i've added on 1 more license, DEAR is perfectly ok with keeping the extra payment from us, again, for something we do not use. I feel that the company is being really unfair to customers.

Response from DEAR Systems

Hello Tan,

I am glad to hear that you were able to resolve the issue you had by contacting support.

Over time, we have improved the software as well as the infrastructure to provide a comparative advantage;High-performance/available servers, High performance/available individual database, Fast/high-available storage
Fast services (to run tasks, reports, etc.).

You are on a grandfather plan ($100 base) which is no longer offered. We allocate the same server/services to all our customers on the new plan ($249) & great grandfather plan. The $100 base is not enough to cover the infrastructure cost, but we continue to provide the same level of service because you have been with us.

I listened to the call you had with our CSM (#211344) where you have stated you wanted to "try it out". When you pay & use an integration, we instantly allocate all resources. This means that you have already consumed it & I am afraid we cannot refund something which you have consumed.

Regards,

Replied 16/06/2021
Mitch C.
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 09/01/2019

An all round solution

Pros

We're in a very new, niche industry and weren't sure what we would require that could handle all the possibilities of what our business, to have such a flexible and versatile inventory system has allowed us to change it to suit our needs. As we evolve into more and more products that need to be managed differently we find another way that Dear can handle this.

Our business requires tracking product movements across multiple processing facilities, with some products being disassembled from their raw ingredient through multiple processes, then reassembled into finished goods, then assembled into boxes. Operationally this wasn't possible with our previous inventory system, but is now working smoothly with Dear.

Cons

Setting up products can take some time, as with any inventory system, however this was expedited by their support and the ease of their import and export functionality

Amanda B.

Reviewed on 29/08/2018

Enabling an integrated platform

We implemented the DEAR recently, and so far, great! We chose to implement DEAR after careful consideration of a number of solutions on the market. We were looking to create an integrated platform to support our end-to-end inventory and sales order management. As a small business we needed a solution that was straight forward to use; integrated with key software solutions that catered for the varying needs of our B2B and B2C channels, shipping, CRM and F&A; and offered us flexible path at a reasonable cost that would allow our integrated platform to grow with us. Of the solutions we reviewed, DEAR best met all of these requirements, and we have been pleased with its performance. We have been able to automate a number of key processes, reducing manual error and time taken on admin; visibility of writebacks from our F&A and shipping solutions in particular has meant that our team now has all the information at their fingertips to better service our customers and to make more informed business decisions. We have not yet rolled out the purchasing function, but that is part of our roadmap :-)

Pros

-easy to use
-customer and product pricing and terms flexibility
-integrations with other applications
-time provided in the trial period to allow us to set up everything properly before we went live

Cons

- nothing of note
- getting your head around the nuances so that you set things up in the right way to make the most of the system...this would be the same with any new software

Rebecca B.
  • Industry: Food Production
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 30/08/2019

Great Support!

Very simple system to use, great support team with excellent knowledge of the system. Throughout trial support where is constant contact to check how it was going.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and although are production is not simple, support were always able to offer a solution to any problem.

Cons

Nothing really, we just needed to get our head around the fact that is wasn't bespoke to our business, therefor has to make small sacrifices to make it work.

Louise G.
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 23/11/2019

experience

I am pleased with some of the responses I receive from support staff, but a few do not take the time to explain clearly i.e. in detail. I have to ask several times to end up having an exact answer

Your software is very complex to learn especially as my language is French, but the results are good when there are no mistakes. And there is no place to error otherwise you have to start all over again. For example if we change the cost of a raw material we have to reassemble, but if there have been sales, write off, credits, etc. related to this raw material and to this assembly we must all UNDO and then redo. It is a long process that should not be so. I asked and was told I had no choice! It’s incredible !

I lost more than 1 month (actually) trying to find the cause of a synchronization problem with QBO and the error was on your side, you hadn't done the required testing, you weren't ready to put your software on the market. Refer to cases 122382 in particular and also 123752 and 123954 etc. to name a few. You have created a special tool (FIND INCORRECT DUPLICATE MANUAL JOURNALS IN QUICKBOOKS) to correct these problems, and this tool was far from adequate since it erased several transactions that were not to be in QBO , and again I had to work very hard to check what had been erased and redo everything. This defect in your programming has had a huge impact on accounting in QBO.
I will no longer use your tool which is supposed to find duplicates in QBO, I prefer to check eac

Pros

The immense possibilities of your software

Cons

We had a lot of difficulty during the first few months following the integration with QBO. We asked for compensation but to no avail. I am copying an email I wrote to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] in July. We had a charge of 3,016.00 $CA in March 2019. We ask you for a discount for the renewal of 2020 please

Steve G.

Reviewed on 19/12/2017

not perfect but better than most

Pros

Customer service - by far... Always get responses in a timely manner and often free assistance with things such as templates etc.

Cons

Same as most it seems, their development path seems to be independent of customer feedback and suggestions. I also find that most of these platforms are targeting (too much) multi channel, onljne and ecommerce companies and they do not understand some basics about buy-resell distribution or simple brick and mortor. That said, again, better than most.

Response from DEAR Systems

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the review.

Just addressing some of your cons, the development taken on in 2017 is far from just focusing on eCommerce companies. We have developed our own POS module & also an online B2B portal moving us closer to a holistic all in one solution for small to mid tier businesses. This trait will continue on in 2018 to deliver our customers with enterpise level features in the cloud.

Replied 22/12/2017

Reviewed on 16/11/2017

Consistent Improvement

Pros

We have been using Dear and Xero for a while now and find that it works exactly how we need it to. Integration is very effective and definitely saves us time.

Cons

Functionality can often be clunky/not overly user-friendly until you are used to the way certain solutions are achieved.

Response from DEAR Systems Limited

Hi Bernard,

Thank you for your review. If you ever need assistance or a walk through on any functionality please feel free to book in a call with one of our representatives on the below link

Reviewed on 31/10/2018

Great system for the price

Great. I would recommend it to my peers. Please keep the price affordable.

Pros

The system does almost everything. I own a wholesale business: my staff and I use it for inventory maintenance, invoicing, purchase order, sales and loss report, customer contact, expense and receipt management.

Cons

Lack of immediate customer service through phone service or online chatroom.
Monthly invoice pdfs can be downloaded as one large pdf.

Jessica F.

Reviewed on 23/06/2020

Highly Recommend.

Pros

Dear has a seamless integration with Shopify and their hands on account management + support has eased our transition towards managing our many products, services and manufacturing efforts in 1 place. They provide all of the resources to set everything up correctly and troubleshoot. It's going to increase our accuracy and efficiency internally and across many of our customers and suppliers. Highly Recommend.

Cons

The only thing we've come across is that there are scenarios where we'd want LEFO as our Costing Method and that's not an option BUT they provided an alternative solution that should work just fine.

Response from DEAR Systems

Hello Jessica,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. I am glad to hear that DEAR has met all your expectations. We are constantly working on providing an excellent service to our valuable customers. To find out more about planned releases features, please visit https://dearsystems.com/development-roadmap/

If you have any questions or conserns please feel free to contact us via email ([email protected]) or on WhatsApp (+44-1244-940807).

Replied 14/07/2020
Daniel M.

Reviewed on 30/01/2018

Great product with lots of functionality, customiseable features, and dynamic development

- Flexible process mapping
- Efficiency & lower margin for error
- Scaleable platform that can grow with our business
- Lots of integration options as the needs arise

Pros

- So many customiseable features
- More than enough integration options
- Supportive, fast, and efficient customer service team

Cons

- Inconsistency in naming convention between modules (e.g. some modules vary between SKU and Product code, but it refers to the same data field)
- Inconsistency in available fields between reports
- Better communication from the dev team on upcoming feature releases & updates would be good, perhaps when they have a feature in 'Planning' status, ask us for fresh feedback on how the feature should work

Brian M.

Reviewed on 19/12/2017

This program has been a game changer. It allows us to process orders so much more quickly.

Speed and efficiency.

Pros

I like the ease at which our orders transfer straight over, with the shipping speed that our reps picked.

Cons

I am trying to do an aging report, so I can move stock around. The less I sell it, the higher it would go. Unfortunately, I had to just take a stock count and check every item for times of sales.

Response from DEAR Systems

Hi Brian,

Thank you for the review.

There is a report in DEAR specifically for Inventory Aging. Go to Reporting Module, scroll down to Inventory reports and click on Inventory Aging.

Replied 22/12/2017
Marie P.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 25/07/2018

Amazing inventory management tool !

I save a lot of time !!!

Pros

I like that it's easy to use, very intuitive and very customizable for any business model. It takes a little time to set it up properly, but once done, you have a very nice inventory management tool on hand. It integrates flawlessly with Xero, WooCommerce, Square, ShipStation and more. This helps us to save tremendous amount of time. Also the customer service is amazing ! I get answers under an hour about each time.

Cons

There is some little glitch here and there that you easily bypass and it's missing an integration with a strong CRM, right now it's small CRM that don't do a lot.

Luke M.

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

DEAR Inventory Review

It’s been great to date. Would love to see the feedback above taken on board down the track.

Pros

Easy to use with great integration features at an affordable price for business at all sizes

Cons

Development done in Australian hours. Could do these on a Friday night US time to minimize impact for businesses on the other side of the world

No test area - unable to create a sandbox easily to run integration testing etc.

No backup feature available