ZipRecruiter Reviews

About ZipRecruiter

ZipRecruiter is a Web-based platform that helps streamline the overall hiring process. It enables organizations to post jobs to hundreds of job boards with one click, and users can manage all applicants through a user-friendly...

Browse ZipRecruiter Reviews

10,943 of 10,943 reviews
Blake
Blake
  • Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 23/11/2019

Outsource your recruiting and save yourself time

Great -- we gave them a detailed description of what we were looking for and they delivered the candidates directly to our door.

Pros

As a manufacturing company, we're facing the same obstacles as everybody else in America right now -- finding and recruiting quality candidates. ZipRecruiter saved us a ton of time and just delivered candidates to our doorstep. We went from sifting through resumes to training and producing.

Cons

Not much! Maybe that the free trial wasn't longer, but that's an easy thing to gripe about :). Would recommend and use again in different companies.

Reasons for Choosing ZipRecruiter

We didn't want to sift through hundreds of applications anymore and hoped to outsource the work.

Reasons for Switching to ZipRecruiter

We were hoping to offload our work. We're a manufacturing company by specialty, not a recruitment company. Leave that to the pros like Ziprecruiter.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Hi

We're so glad you had a good experience while using ZipRecruiter and that our platform was easy to use. We are always working on ways to get you the best quality of candidates and job search results. Thank you so much for your kind words and for letting ZipRecruiter take part in your hiring and job search process.

Replied 04/12/2019
Lisa
Lisa

Reviewed on 06/09/2019

Best Site for Employment

very profession. It was also helpful by matching me with the job positions I am qualified for. Didn't have to spend a lot of time filling out every application for each job I had applied for. They give you a one click option which helped me apply for my job opportunities.

Pros

I loved everything about the site. From helping me make out a Resume to helping finding job openings that match my experience.

Cons

I couldn't find anything about I didn't like. Help with not having to fill out every application. Just had a one click option. Easy

Response from ZipRecruiter

Hello Lisa,

Thank you so much for your kind words and for letting ZipRecruiter take part in your job search. We are really happy you find the platform easy to use. Good luck in your job search and hope you find your dream job. If you need any assistance with anything, feel free to contact our Customer Success Team by calling 877-252-1062. We are now available 24/7

Replied 12/09/2019
Dan
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 17/10/2018

Move Along!

Pros

My favorite thing about ZipRecruiter, which is a stretch, is how easy it is to sign up to the platform. My review is based from a candidate perspective, and not an employer perspective, but much beyond the ease of signing up, I don't enjoy the platform.

Cons

Everything else. Seriously, I wouldn't recommend this platform to any employer or candidate.

- The emails seem scammy. As a candidate, I get about three emails a day all of which have the same jobs that they sent me yesterday. For some reason, those same jobs never get filled... weird, huh? Not to mention, in the email, they have random things capitalized (super scammy).
- Low quality of jobs. If you're an employer, there are much better job sites out there that don't seem more approachable and better for placing talent into jobs.

So all in all, move along to the next platform. Cough (Glassdoor) cough.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Hi Dan,

Thank you for your review as we greatly appreciate your feedback. We're sorry to hear of any less than pleasant experience while utilizing ZipRecruiter for your job search.

If you believe you have witnessed suspicious activity on our website, we highly encourage you to reach out to our dedicated trust and safety team to report this. They can be reached via email at trustandsafety@ziprecruiter,com. Or, please feel welcome to visit our web page for this as well: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/trust

Should we have the pleasure to assist you with your job search again in the future, our customer care team would be happy to walk you through your job seeker profile to get the most out of your experience. Please feel welcome to email us at [email protected] with the subject line, "Tier Help" to ensure one of our senior representatives receives your inquiry directly.

We wish you the best of luck on your job search!

Tier III Support

Kevin
Kevin

Reviewed on 21/07/2019

Great Middle Ground for Job Searching

Pros

I've used this in the past few years and have help make genuine connection with employers I've applied to. It's a lot faster and easier to use than Indeed or CareerBuilder. Quick to show related job or setup one-click apply

Cons

It is not as large as Indeed or Linkedin but is a great alternative

Response from ZipRecruiter

Hi Kevin,

We're so glad ZipRecruiter served as a great middle-ground for the job searching and that our platform was easy to use. We are always working on ways to get you the best quality of candidates and having the best experience. Thank you so much for your kind words and for letting ZipRecruiter take part in your hiring process

Dionne

Replied 06/08/2019
Trevor
Trevor
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 15/09/2021

ZipRecruiter: It's where I go to look for jobs

I personally always start with ZipRecruiter when I need a position filled or am looking to find a position for myself.

Pros

ZipRecruiter has great filters and "one-click" apply options that make finding suitable candidates much easier.

Cons

I prefer to use ZipRecruiter over the other industry competitors like Monster or Indeed.

Monster+

Reasons for Choosing ZipRecruiter

After using ZipRecruiter, I instantly fell in love with how easy it was to apply.

Reasons for Switching to ZipRecruiter

I only know of Monster by name. I have never used it.
Danielle
Danielle

Reviewed on 16/04/2020

Frustrating implementation and account setup for Greenhouse ATS users

Overall experience with the system was extremely disappointing. I was unable to determine the effectiveness of the product due to all of the issues we encountered along the way.

Pros

I really enjoyed the resume search database. This was the only feature I was able to use without any problem. Unfortunately to due to the issues we encountered during account setup, we were not able to determine the actual effectiveness of this product as a recruiting tool.

Cons

My experience with the initial setup of our account and integration of ZipRecruiter with our ATS, Greenhouse, was extremely frustrating. We went through 3 different Account Managers in a 60 day period with 0 consistency of information with each new person. There were various issues we encountered with account setup and their ability to correctly scrape our jobs from our ATS.
After starting this process in early May of 2019 we decided to part ways in mid to late August due to lagging issues with our account we just could not seem to receive a reasonable resolution for. Unfortunately due to all of the issues, we were never able to determine the effectiveness of the actual product.
The platform has an algorithm that fine tunes its targeting of the "ideal" applicant based off your rating of applicants that apply. The more time you spend rating applicants the better targeting capabilities it supposedly has. The concept is great, however, for companies with a large hiring volume it becomes a time consuming feature to have to manage applicants in both an ATS and in ZipRecruiter.

LinkedIn Jobs and Indeed

Reasons for Switching to ZipRecruiter

We did not choose ZipRecruiter over other products. We brought it on to test rather it would be a more effective solution that some of the other products we use regularly.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide your feedback with us, Danielle! If you ever need any further assistance with the ZipRecruiter platform or your ATS integration, please feel welcome to contact our dedicated customer care team directly. Best! --TC

Replied 21/04/2020
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 12/01/2021

Although Expensive, ZipRecuiter is Well Worth it!

Overall, my experience with ZipRecuiter has been very positive. The service is easy to use and very valuable when needing to find job applicants quickly.

Pros

ZipRecuiter's ability to post job openings to tons of job boards instantly makes it incredibly easy to receive an impressive volume of resumes within a couple of days.

Cons

Although worthwhile, ZipRecuiter is fairly expensive and not something I have an ongoing subscription to. Additionally, I have also had some issues toggling between my employer and personal accounts.

Spencer
Spencer

Reviewed on 09/11/2020

Finding the right Pieces to our Puzzle

I have successfully found quality applicants for positions through Zip Recruiter, which at the end of the day is all I can ask for.

Pros

Zip Recruiter has a large number of job seekers out there trying to find the right fit for their skills. As a manager myself, I trust Zip Recruiter to help me find the right fit for our organization.

Cons

The management of applicants I feel could be better, but it is manageable and in no way a deal breaker for me.

Reasons for Switching to ZipRecruiter

I haven't necessarily chosen Zip Recruiter over the others, I feel I can use both simultaneously. They go hand in hand. Sometimes a hire may come from one tool, sometimes from the other. They both are valuable and serve their purpose.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Thank you for letting us be a part of your hiring journey, Spencer! Our team is here 24/7 - so we encourage you to contact us directly at any time for questions or concerns. We love to help! --TC

Replied 10/11/2020
Adam
Adam
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 22/07/2019

I didn't find a qualified candidate

Pros

There was alot of applicants, and got a lot of activity in the first few days. It was pretty easy to set up a profile and set the right questions.

Cons

It seemed pretty expensive for a daily fee. I found lots of people, but ultimately no qualified people applied and we needed to shut it down.

Reasons for Switching to ZipRecruiter

There was a free sample of zip recruiter available so we tried LinkedIn and zip recruiter.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Hi Adam,

Thank you for letting ZipRecruiter take part in your hiring process. We are always working on ways to get you the best quality of candidates. We are glad our platform was easy to set up. If you would like options on pricing, please let us know and we can get you to a product specialist for the best subscription for you.

Dionne

Replied 06/08/2019
Stephania
Stephania
  • Industry: Executive Office

Reviewed on 22/03/2020

Really Great!

Pros

I love how simple it is to use. If I'm looking for a sub-contractor or a temp employee, I can easily find on here. The software is easy and has like a messaging inbox where you keep track of your messages between candidates. The pricing is well fitting.

Cons

Some candidates' resumes are posted but they aren't available or they just recently found a job. I wish there was a way to see tht they hot hired from someone else so I don't waste my time reaching out.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Thank you for letting us be a part of your hiring journey, Stephania! We're so glad you've found the ZipRecruiter platform to be easy to use to post jobs and collect candidates. Best! -TC

Replied 25/03/2020
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

Great tool for job posters, for job seekers, not ideal

Great as a business, so-so as a job seeker. Would recommend overall to businesses.

Pros

I loved it as a job poster - my boss had me utilize this to aid in sourcing candidates for the startup I was working for at the time. You got a ton of leads, they were very accurate, and the site itself was user friendly - you also were notified promptly and nothing went to Spam (I think there was a good value for the money versus LinkedIn Recruiter).

Cons

As a job seeker, you get a ton of irrelevant and automated postings. I know you can turn these off but they're very annoying, especially when they're totally off-base or below your requirements. It feels like you're being spammed.

LinkedIn Jobs , Indeed and AngelTrack

Reasons for Choosing ZipRecruiter

Expenses - and issues with getting messages via Linkedin. Very pricey.

COO suggested it.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Hi there,

We appreciate you taking the time to write your review of ZipRecruiter!

We do aim to provide the most relevant job suggestions possible. These are curated based on profile activity as well as keyword selections. Our dedicated customer care team would be happy to help you modify these at any time! Please feel welcome to reach out to us directly.

Best of luck!

TC
Customer Experience

Replied 21/02/2020
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 09/10/2020

Great but check the filters

Overall they do a very good job and I am always wondering how many people that my resume even makes it to. They say that employers "see" my resume but I don't know if they just get an email or actually read what I put. So you are never really sure if you are just spinning your wheels.

Pros

This is a great tool to see what jobs are available in your area or others. The description for each job is very good and I enjoy the estimated salaries that they publish.

Cons

One has to be very careful with the filters. If you are looking for a job in an area you may get jobs that are either months old because they are sponsored ads or you will get something that is 100's of miles away because it says the job is in the USA and not just your area.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Thanks for your download and feedback, Chris! Please reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any questions. Our agents are available 24/7 and can show you how to view your application status, customize your job alerts, add references & a cover letter, and answer any other questions you may have. We are always happy to help! ~DW

Replied 21/10/2020
malissa
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 21/07/2020

Best software for any job

For. The price and what ZipRecruiter does, it is a very good price, easy to use, and they also send you suggestions to see if you like how they are doing as well as to see if your interested in the info the send you on your alerts.

Pros

Zip recruiter is the best job classified fsoftware. You just put in what your looking for and sign up for alerts and it sends you daily alerts. If you add your resume on it, all you have to do is apply with 1 click. Very easy to use.

Cons

I really didn't have anything that I did not like about zip recruiter. It has helped me so much to get clients to notice me and set up interviews. I love using it.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Thank you for your valuable feedback. If you'd like to share any ideas or have any questions, please reach out to us at [email protected]. We appreciate you! ~DW

Replied 29/07/2020
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 22/07/2020

Easy to Use but Quality of Candidates/Jobs Is Ok

Overall was ok. Found a couple of good candidates but not worth the overall monthly expense.

Pros

It’s fairly easy to use for both employers searching for new hires and for potential employees looking for a new job. Lots of additional features but they all cost extra money.

Cons

It seems as though people choose to use the 1- Click Apply feature so you’ll end up with a ton of applications where a fraction are even qualified. They don’t have a small package designed for new/small business. It’s either 3 listings for $250 or 10 listings for $250...not necessarily budget friendly. Also, the candidates are better suited for professional/salaried positions, not temps or hourly.

Indeed and Snagajob

Reasons for Choosing ZipRecruiter

I hear someone taking about it on the radio and thought it would be worth a shot.

Something different

Response from ZipRecruiter

Thank you for using and reviewing our service. We appreciate your business and feedback! ~DW

Replied 29/07/2020
Chad
Chad

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Love ZipRecruiter

We have been using the solution for over five years now and they continue to make improvements and add new features

Pros

The admin / job creator section is extremely easy to use and it saves all of our current and previous job opportunities.

Cons

I don’t really have any cons. The company provides all the tools that we need to efficiently post positions and hire new talent so I would have to say there are really no cons regarding the solution

Reasons for Choosing ZipRecruiter

ZipRecruiter had more features that we specifically were looking for.

CareerBuilder

Response from ZipRecruiter

Hi Chad,

Thanks for taking the time to review ZipRecruiter. It's awesome to see that you have had such a great experience using our platform for so long!

We greatly appreciate you using us for your hiring needs!

If you need anything, please reach out to our Customer Success team at 877-252-1062 or [email protected]. We are available 24/7.

Replied 16/12/2019
Oreal
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 07/07/2020

helping candidates find jobs.

SHowing prospective employees our company guidelines and our beliefs as well as driver traffic to our company website.

Pros

the Easy apply button, with already saved employment information such as resume and cover letter.

Cons

Maybe what is needed is for follow up with the perspective employee, have a question and answer section and have someone reach out to the company to provide feed back to the perspective employee on what to do the next time, confirm if the were a candidate for the position. Then this would allow for measurement to guide other applicants using the site.

Indeed and Monster+

Reasons for Switching to ZipRecruiter

Zip Recruiter has more job leads than the others and employers actually contact you once you submitted the application.

Response from ZipRecruiter

This is wonderful feedback, Oreal! It's always nice to hear from employers about how you presented as a candidate either way. We will definitely pass this along! We encourage you to keep applying, and we hope you find your dream job very soon! --TC

Replied 10/07/2020
Beth
Beth
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 12/06/2019

Good but not Great

I've stopped using ZipRecruiter do to Customer Service related issues. I was offered a lifetime discount and so many resume views per month upon signing up and then a year later was told that they were no longer honoring their initial offer and I should never have been offered that in the first place. That was it for me, I had a generally positive experience with them, but I can't pay money to a company that doesn' t keep their word, and they didn't care about keeping me as a customer either. No apologies or another form of compensation was offered, just a simple shouldn't have happened, sorry about your luck (without the sorry). So, I took my business elsewhere.

Pros

ZipRecruiter is a good product, but it also depends on who you are trying to hire. Some industries get a better response rate than others. I like the overall quality of applicants. It's easy to use the self-explanatory system. You generally start receiving applications within seconds of posting jobs, if it's in the category that does well with their audience.

Cons

Their system algorithm is a bit off; I will get a candidate they recommend to me that either doesn't have the right experience at all or has terrible job tenure but will have a "High" rating. I understand that they are not a deciding factor based on Job Tenure, but anyone who is a hiring manager knows that job tenure is significant. Another thing I didn't like about using ZipRecruiter is they recommend your jobs based on specific information that sometimes isn't' allowed to be shared upfront, like salary or client name and based on this you get a lower view rates and lower recommendations. It should be based solely on credentials of candidates applying that jobs are recommended too, NOT based on those things. Another thing I didn't like about ZipRecruiter is that locations have to be exact; you were able to post as a "work from home" or "remote" opportunities in the location option. They did have a tag for it, but then you couldn't specify industry because you had to tag it as remote and not say "healthcare."

Response from ZipRecruiter

Hello Beth,

Thank you for taking the time to submit this review as your feedback is very important to us!

Although our system does work to identify the best-matched candidates for your job, there are several other tools that we encourage all customers to take advantage of to help better their chances of finding the right candidate and filtering out those who do not meet your standards. We also provide great free features to help increase your visibility, such as social media integration and job optimization. We want you to be able to make those hires quickly and efficiently and we understand how time consuming it can be to make the perfect hire!

If we ever have the pleasure of assisting you with your hiring needs in the future, we would be more than happy to walk you through those additional features. We are open 24/7 at Ziprecruiter for your convenience.

Tier II Customer Support

Replied 14/06/2019
Ardittee

Reviewed on 27/09/2019

My life would be TERRIBLE without Ziprecruiter

I personally adore this job board. Like I mentioned, it has bought diversity of applicants through our office doors and made our business a lot more like a family environment given the fact that we have different levels of experience that we are hiring. I think it is great and makes my job extremely easy.

Pros

Ziprecruiter is my go to Job Board as a Hiring Manager. Ziprecruiter not only has great affordable plans but they truly cast the widest net when it comes to applicants. Coming from a place where I was only budgeted for Indeed, Ziprecruiter has opened up doors by advertising to every board from Monster to Linkedin. It has truly been a game changer and we have seen numerous people come through our doors that have been sharp and well qualified individuals. Each applicant has their own story and we have met great employees through this software and that is because Ziprecruiter leaves no stone unturned. They really are the best contenders in the job seeing world!

Cons

The one issue I would say would be the "Quick Apply". From my experience, sometimes the quick apply is so easy for applicants it makes my job as a Hiring Manager a little tough. This is due to the fact that when an applicant is on a job application frenzy, they will apply for anything and everything meaning they do not necessarily remember applying/apply by mistake. This results in a lot of confusion and wasted time when reaching out to applicants. If there was maybe more of a screening process involved so the applicants are required to read and check what they're apply for, it'd make a huge difference!

Response from ZipRecruiter

Hello Ardittee,

Thank you for taking the time to review ZipRecruiter, Your feedback is very important to us! We are happy to hear that you had a good experience with us and our platform. It is always a great feeling when you successfully make your new hire/hires! We hope they are the perfect fit for your company!

If you need any assistance with anything, feel free to contact our Customer Success Team by calling 877-252-1062. We are available 24/7.

Kind Regards

Customer Success Team
Tier II

Replied 04/10/2019
Nicole

Reviewed on 12/06/2020

Zipping Your Way Into a New Job with Zip Recruiter

Zip Recruiter|was so easy to use and provided me with so many options for employment, it did not take long for me to be able to find temporary contract work to hold me over during the Covid-19 crisis until my place of business was ready to reopen. It is so very easy to use and upload your resume, check off your preferences, select your salary preferences, your pay hourly preferences, and if you wanted to work remotely or at a physical location. It also allows you to set physical boundaries of how far you are willing to commute from your home, if you're looking for part-time or full-time or contract work. And the ZipRecruiter platform takes care of all the rest. I highly recommend this software for anyone who is hunting forehead job and does not want check the job boards daily, they also will let you know how many people searching for that position and how many spots are available. Definitely job hunting has become world's easier with this awesome platform. And although I have found new employment, albeit temporary, I will continue to use ZipRecruiter on a daily basis going forward until the next best thing comes along.

Pros

In the very unfortunate and trying times if the Covid-19 pandemic, many of us found ourselves either out of work or with extremely reduced hours or pay. Which unfortunately meant the dreaded thing no one wants to do, looking for a new job, a second job, a third job or a temporary job to fill the time until our old positions were back up and running. Not only did this mean job hunting, but considering the amount of people out of work, it often meant looking for jobs that were nowhere near your wheelhouse or for safety sake, were remote positions. ZipRecruiter made this as easy as one click on your computer or mobile device.

Cons

The only con I found with this software is really one that is self-imposed and can easily be turned off with the click of a mouse. And that is when Zip recruiter funds a position that based on your resume and your personal preferences. It got to the point where my phone was continually dinging or vibrating to let me know that a job was available that matched my preferences.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Hi, Nicole! We are so glad you found ZipRecruiter during these trying times. Please let us know if you ever need any assistance with your search. Best! --TC

Replied 17/06/2020
Mary
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 02/07/2020

Highly Recommend ZipRecruiter

ZipRecruiter makes in-house recruiting nice and easy. You know what you are looking for in candidates, so this helps you do it yourself. The investment is less than the cost of paying a third party recruiter or agency.

Pros

The steps for posting ads are straightforward. Rating resumes makes it very easy to save and categorize for future reference.

Cons

When you go "Back" to previous page, you lose your place while reviewing resumes.

Cost and upgraded technology

Monster+

Reasons for Switching to ZipRecruiter

LinkedIn has a smaller candidate pool.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of ZipRecruiter, Mary! Our team is always here and happy to help, 24/7, should you ever require any assistance with your employer account. :) --TC

Replied 06/07/2020

Reviewed on 09/11/2021

A Candidate's Perspective

I am so happy I found ZipRecruiter software program to make my job hunting experience less cumbersome. ZipRecruiter targets the right positions that fit my academic and professional background. Then, I have the opportunity to apply to matching roles with a simple stroke of a button. I highly recommend ZipRecruiter software program.

Pros

ZipRecruiter is an awesome software program from a candidate's personal job hunting experience. ZipRecruiter has simplified my job hunting experience. When I login to ZipRecruiter, the software is user friendly with clear directions. The ZipRecruiter software minimizes the prospective job details into a thumbnail box which includes the hiring company or recruiting firm's name, job title and a brief job description. I can tap the thumbnail to receive more detailed information. When I am interested in a role, I simply tap the "1-Tap Reply" button and boom, ZipRecruiter software directly apply to the position. ZipRecruiter software program stores my resume, professional experience and skillset in the software and my information is emailed directly to the hiring party.

The most impressive lifesavers for me are the positions are current and only interested, actively searching companies are provided. Therefore, my time is freed up to focus on getting the right job opportunity.

Cons

ZipRecruiter can be improved by auto-filling applications directly into the hiring company's website when the company requires an online application. Lots of time would be saved if I could simply edit and sign the applications. Also, when applying to multiple leads at once, it is not clear which companies are receiving my resume. Lastly, it is great to receive motivating messages when the prospective company views my profile, however, once is enough. It's a letdown when I receive multiple encouraging notifications each time my resume is viewed, then no response from the hiring company afterwards.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us. We wish you the best of luck with your job search! -TC

Replied 16/11/2021
Darshan
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

The Best Job Posting Software

This is the best software which we can use. I respect the customer service as they give you instant solutions for the problem faced at any time. Its lot worth than what is paid. Using it for a week you will be an expert in this. As i told you u’ll get a notification if a candidate applies for a job posting. We have a lot of such candidates who have got job in top 20 companies in US. If the above mentioned problem is sorted out i would like to give a rating of 10/10

Pros

it’s easy to use and also less complex it makes a user’s day easy. It has its own dashboard which make a user easy to Annalise the number of jobs posted and the total number of candidates to whom job posting to is reached. Advantage is that as soon as the candidates apply for the job posting we can get the mail instantly. This is why i call this as the best software and the cost of the software is a lot worth than what is charged. It has a customised job posting format which can be made use of because of this a lot time is saved and the way the job is posted will make a candidate go through the Job discretion easily. It has a lot of option in it like the addition of key skills, address, and the title of job, salary range, client name and the interview details. As so much of information is given about the job, candidates refer to Zip Recruiter due to which you can get a lot of candidates who are in search of job “more candidates give you more business that’s the logic". Arrangement of the options in the software is arranged in an excellent way. So it’s easy for a new user to understand the format and the process. Good customer service which i appreciate. As soon as you have any problem over software you can go through the help option were u’ll get the customer service support instantaneously which makes this software rank 1 compared to other.

Cons

Some candidates who are not relevant to the job posting will apply for the job that’s the main disadvantage. When a candidate applies of the job position we will get a notification but certain candidates profile cannot be viewed.

Chelsea
Chelsea
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 14/12/2019

I love ZipRecruiter!

Overall, I love ZipRecruiter! The interface is extremely easy to use and appealing, everyones profile is very customizable, it's really easy and time effective when it comes to applying for jobs, and there's a vast range of positions listed. I've gotten multiple jobs through ZipRecruiter and I will most definitely continue to use them!

Pros

I love that you can customize your profile by adding things like references, desired salary, a photograph, achievements, etc. It's also really easy to use and the layout is very appealing. Nothing confusing about it! It's also soooo easy to apply to jobs with many of the applications being a "1-Click Apply". It can be so time consuming filling out applications with the same information every time, so I really appreciate that you don't have to do that with ZipRecruiter. It allows me to apply for more jobs in a shorter amount of time.

Cons

I think it's really cool that they have a "Suggested Jobs" tab, BUT the suggested jobs are sometimes not relevant. I've gotten job suggestions for positions that I'm not even close to qualified for.

Response from ZipRecruiter

Hi Chelsea,

Thanks for taking the time to review ZipRecruiter. We love to hear that you found our platform and the features we offer helpful and easy to use!

We greatly appreciate you using us whenever you are looking for employment!

If you need anything else, please reach out to our Customer Success team at [email protected].

Replied 19/12/2019

Reviewed on 02/06/2018

For me, ZipRecruiter features stand out and rise above the rest.

I am still evaluating the benefits, however, based on the features I have seen so far, and the ease of use - compared to the rest, it is currently the goto job search/employment application.

Pros

Like most job search sites, ZipRecruiter has the expected features for filling out a profile and uploading a resume. It does, however, have some really great standout features. The tailored suggested job notifications seem to really be in line with the types of positions that are appropriate based on recent searches or key-words. Far too often job alerts from other job search sites are a bit or way off-base from what the intended search goal is. The feature I like best is the notifications that alert you if your resume has been viewed, or if a viewer has given a thumbs up. Additionally, the metrics offered when a resume is viewed multiple times is great. For example, an alert may say "Your resume was viewed a second time - only 25% of applicants have a second view." I think this helps applicants keep a positive outlook and return to using the product. With other job search sites, after sending a resume, you are left in the dark. To top it off, this information is available whether you use the website or the ZipRecruiter mobile app. I use the Android version of the app, and the ZipRecruiter notifications are notifications I look forward to.

Cons

ZipRecruiter offers quite a full-featured job search product, and it is my favorite. If there was an area for improvement, I would say it is the references section. It would be nice to be able to either link to existing references and carry them over (for example via Linkedin) or copy and paste a reference with contact info for verification as an additional option rather than only having the option to ask for a reference.

Danah
Danah
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 06/02/2019

Making job applications a breeze!

If you are looking for a fast and easy experience for looking/applying for jobs, ZipRecruiter should definitely be the first place you look at! It is one of my favorite job search engines out there, as it allows me to look at numerous job openings all at once. Saving some positions to apply to later can definitely come in handy when I need to be somewhere else, but if the quick apply option is there, that cuts down on my time and with just a click I am all done.

Pros

I have used ZipRecruiter to search and apply for many jobs, not only for me but for my husband as well. Here's what I love the most about it:

- The ease of finding a job and location using the search tool.
- The positions recommendations it gives (which leads to many other potential positions I may overlook), even in nearby locations of the zipcode I input.
- The "Quick Apply" feature which saves me a ton of time of not having to enter my information again and again.
- The ability to check back and look at all the "Applied Jobs" I've applied to. This gives me a way to check on the status of my application. Most importantly, I am able to see if the employer has or has not viewed my application.

Cons

Personally, I don't think the "Am I Qualified?" button is very helpful. I've tried it before, but it would have me enter my email and yet I wouldn't receive anything. Also, many times I would get an email that says that ZipBot has a message waiting for me and when I press on the link to check my messages on my account, I don't find any. Even when the message icon is clearly showing me that there are messages waiting for me, I can never seem to find any when I press on it. Also, I used to get a lot of emails about job recommendations which would completely overload my inbox. Yes, I would like to receive job recommendations to apply for, but not the amount that I was being sent on a daily basis. I wish there was an option to limit those.