About Sage X3

Sage X3 is a powerful ERP software solution designed for medium-to-large national and global manufacturers, distributors, and after-sales providers and can establish a foundation for your digital transformation. Sage X3 comes...

Browse Sage X3 Reviews

Curtis W. Curtis W.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 14/05/2020

Sage X3

Overall, our experience has been positive. I would recommend that companies ensure to include it in their RFP process.

Pros

Customizable features allow us to get the most out of the product. Workflows allow for controls for authorization where required.

Cons

Adding in some features required a lot of custom coding. Most notably was allowing for automatic allocations of product that is being cut.

Dynamics 365

Reasons for Choosing Sage X3

Our previous ERP was holding us back from taking advantage of certain capabilities. EDI was a bring one. As was expanding our E-Commerce.

Reasons for Switching to Sage X3

Sage X3 was a better overall fit for our company.

Response from Sage

Thank you for your review, it is great to hear that you are able to save time through automation using Sage X3.

Replied 15/05/2020
Keely M. Keely M.
  • Industry: Package/Freight Delivery

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

Good Enough

Mutual. Its not the worst thing I've used, its not the best either. Its a good enough software to get the job done.

Pros

AP is what we use this for, and it is quite easy to use.

Cons

Set up and customization is hard. There are so many menus in the back, to change or update anything it feels like I have to go into several menus. None of which you could figure out on your own - you will most likely be forced to have a 3rd party research and help resolve issues. At least tell you all the menus you have to go into in order to get something to work.

Mai T. Mai T.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

Support

I recommend renewing your support, though it is costly, but you never know when the system comes through an error and ends up taking you days to resolve.

Pros

When we first signed with Sage X3, we had the premium support package. We were able to ask for help/support 24/7.

Cons

We decided not to renew our support package and that was a mistake. Sage provides support to those that have the higher package support first. You can wait up to days for any assistance.

Top Sage X3 Alternatives

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne

Acumatica Cloud ERP

Raj M. Raj M.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

Heavily customizable for any organization

Pros

Customizable yo whatever your organization may need. Lots of external modules available to fill any specific needs.

Cons

Lot of modules that should be “standard” aren’t and require customization. Also unless you have someone who is x3 dev certified you can expect to pay huge money for customization and updates.

John M. John M.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Assessment of X3 in real world manufacturing and distribution

We are a highly transactional environment which X3 handles quite easily. We've been able to move our planning systems to a level we've not experienced before without a highly modified environment.

Pros

The MRP system, query tools, and the SEI tool.

Cons

Many of the detailed aspects of the system aren't described in enough detail in online help and general documentation.

Amber H. Amber H.

Reviewed on 06/02/2018

I work with mostly all modules of X3 for a little over a year now, it proven to be a good ERP...

Pros

It's robust and it able to handle our complex intercompany transactions. Some of the processes and steps have made an overall improvement from MAS.

Cons

The tables and the query tool are designed in a very different manner than what we have used in the past, which has taken a while to understand.

Hasan E. Hasan E.

Reviewed on 03/07/2020

As a Senior Accountant experiment of using Sage X3.

Overall experiance using Sage X3 is good.

Pros

The financial analysis on the dash board helped me a lot to prepare my budget for the next year, and the reporting is very good on Sage X3.

Cons

It's not easy to learn as a end user on Sage X3.

• Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 11/01/2019

Does its Job

Pros

Has everything in one place - able to see pricing, supplier, inventory, raw material information
Easy search functions

Cons

I thought it could've been a bit easier to use

Natassia B. Natassia B.

Reviewed on 26/01/2012

I use Sage ERP software for inputting AP/AR invoices in an accounting office. This was the software that was being used when I started working at my company. So far, I have found it to be very easy to learn and also very helpful with what I use it for. I think that the customer service is excellent because they really take the time to explain things that you are having difficulty with. Overall I would recommend this Sage ERP software to other companies.

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

Great cost-benefit ERP

Pros

Easy to learn
Easy to adapt company needs
High capacity of develpment and adding new features
Great product management
Wharehouse management
Production management
Web app

Cons

Lack of some contry legislations
Non centralized update management

Reviewed on 10/07/2018

Sage X3 ERP has been a useful asset for our company, is great for stock/dropship companies.

Pros

I like that X3 works really well for corporations that are made up of many different companies. X3 has the ability to handle multiple separate companies that each one of can be further separated into stock and financial sites that can all share customers, suppliers, G/L accounts, etc., providing smooth consolidation.
X3 has a very easy to understand and easily navigable user interface.

Cons

I do not like the limited capabilities of the canned reports and queries provided with X3.
I also do not like the slow response time from the support staff.
The program does not work well with customization because it causes a lot of problems when it comes time for patching and upgrading.

Michael M. Michael M.

Reviewed on 07/05/2020

Sage Review

Overall experience has been good with the exceptions listed above. Allowing us to consolidate software is our goal.

Pros

I like the look a feel of the system and ease of opening other functions from the same screen.

Cons

System isn't designed for the chemical industry. A lot of mods or customizations have to be made for the system to support our needs. There is always a solution but there is always a cost as well. will be well over budget once everything is working the way it was presented.

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne, Kinetic and NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Sage X3

Growing faster than the system was.

Reasons for Switching to Sage X3

Felt over time it would be a better solution based on the size of our company.

Response from Sage

Thank you for your review, hopefully Sage X3 will continue to help your business consolidate your enterprise software.

Replied 11/05/2020
Eric B. Eric B.
  • Industry: Food Production

Good Solid ERP System

Despite the base technology being over a decade old, Sage have managed to stay current with emerging technology while maintaining and improving many features.

Pros

Reliable and predictable management of standard ERP functions. Easy to customize. Web services integrated. Security is granular enough to cover most situations.

Cons

After login it takes several seconds to see the landing page. It's difficult to determine cause of some issues and error messages can be cryptic, requiring us to contact support in many cases, even for seemingly simple problems. Use on a mobile device is limiting as most screen layouts are designed for a PC.

SAP ERP, Acumatica Cloud ERP, Dynamics 365 and NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Sage X3

We were using 20 year old software that hadn't stayed current with emerging technologies
Christy S. Christy S.

Reviewed on 14/05/2020

A good ERP system

I am happy with the product. I administer this product as well as another ERP and this one is substantially better in nearly every way.

Pros

X3 is highly configurable. Its intercompany functionality is substantial. Administrators have a ton of control over the user experience-- what they see, default fields, hiding fields, permissions, etc is all highly configurable without needing to be an IT genius to figure it out.

Cons

The ability to receive help. The help function is somewhat helpful sometimes but is not updated as often as it should be. The user community is lacking. I would love to be able to post on a message board about my problem, but when I have done that I have rarely gotten the answers I need. Solutions to X. problems are not "googleable"

Response from Sage

Thank you for your review and I am pleased that you Sage X3 helps you run your business effectively.

Replied 18/05/2020
Tracy P. Tracy P.

Reviewed on 19/11/2020

A new look at our sytem

We have learned that we have a very robust system that we need to take advantage of.

Pros

Our initial integration team did not our environment correctly. We have been combatting this for years.

During this time, our new team is learning of the robust features that we have been missing out on. We are expand and learn.

Cons

Cost. Helpdesk option that is automatically included in our yearly fees. We rarely us the Helpdesk based on past experiences. We go directly to consultants.

Alexa G. Alexa G.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Easy database

Sage is a great software for data entry. I believe that it has everything possibly needed on it and it is simple enough that just about anyone can learn to use it!

Pros

I like that this product has a help button on every tab, I also like how easy this software is to use and how quickly I was able to learn how to work with it and explore everything that it has to offer.

Cons

I do not like how you can easily add or change codes by clicking one wrong button. I do not like how many modules are on it, I feel like they categorize way to much.

Daniel R. Daniel R.

Reviewed on 26/07/2018

Really software adjustable to any type of medium or large company

Pros

What I liked the most is the versatility it has to adapt to the needs of any type of business, a great alternative for ERP. The variety of configurations that can be modified as well as the functionalities that can greatly save response times.

The presentation and easy to create reports with very simple and guided quearys also The user interface is foolproof which is a great solution for the support and information department.

Cons

As an administrator I always have problems when it comes to support and debugging problems presented in the application in which many of them are not documented properly.

The Reports are very colorful and well structured but at the moment of the output they take a long time to appear.

I had some problems in the version update and the service pack caused some headaches

Edward K. Edward K.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 15/05/2020

X3 In Manufacturing

Really good, its the backbone of our business.

Pros

It is fully integrated with our websites and our orders are automated to the point of shipping. We then deliver a tracking number automatically to the customer.

Cons

Entering orders can be clumsy and it's hard to eliminate unneeded steps. For our product it would be ideal to eliminate a number of steps if possible.

Response from Sage

Thank you for your review of X3 and calling it out as the backbone of your business.

Replied 18/05/2020
Maria P. Maria P.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 07/05/2020

Substantial ERP for our company's needs

Like most ERP's, you can train on it but unless you use it frequently you will not gain proficiency with it.

Pros

The purchase requisition creation and approval process is very straight forward. This is the main module/function I use.

Cons

Wish there was a way to query which purchase requisitions are in queue for a specific approver.

Matthew C. Matthew C.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 12/11/2020

Pretty good but without advanced features

It is good overall, but a little basic for what we need.

Pros

The structure of the software is good and allows for good navigation. It has some standard features that are good.

Cons

It does not have many of the features that I would like to see for Quality Control. It does not have a good place to enter test results. It is not clear how to customize it for compliance with 21 CFR Part 11.

Boniface M. Boniface M.

Reviewed on 13/04/2012

Our organization was ready to adopt new technology with the newly stable market. We started looking for new software that would help us adapt to the changing business environment. We started with Sage ERP version 5.4 and now have upgraded to version 6.0. The implementation team studied our company environment, user needs, required reports and then integrated all this throughout the system. The whole installation process took about 3 months.

The implementation specialist from Sage was so helpful as we moved to the new system. Our team didn't learn very quickly and had a little trouble picking it up, but with time and support the users have adopted the system. The customer support does a great job, although in some cases there's a little bit of a wait when they're attending other customers and you need help right away.

The system saves time, is user-friendly and reduces duplicate data entry.

• Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 07/03/2018

Great CRM application never faced any issues!!

Pros

A big Thanks to Sage team, for provide all one features within one application, which is highly configurable and easy to use.

Cons

Notably expensive. Significant configurability means probably lengthy setup time. As its built on Salesforce force.com platform, it was plus for my company.

Kriss L. Kriss L.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Accounts Payable

Pros

We are still sitting up everything. So can not comment yet.

Cons

Do not like seeing the customers and suppliers all together. I hate that I can not print a ageing.

Shelia F. Shelia F.

Reviewed on 31/05/2012

We are a mid-sized organization of European origin. We had been using software developed in Europe that did not meet U.S. Financial reporting needs, so we decided to purchase Sage ERP 5.6 in late 2010 and went live as of 3.1.11. We did most of the implementation work ourselves and were on an extremely tight schedule. The users were trained prior to implementation and had forgotten much of what they had learned by the time they needed to use the system. We had a second and third round of training each being 6 months apart. We have had a year on the new system and it is meeting all expectations.

Louise W. Louise W.

Reviewed on 30/05/2012

Thyssenkrupp VDM USA was using MAS 200 SQL for 10 years. As this product was phased out, management and users wanted to stay within the familiar Sage Product. Sage 500 ERP, being the true SQL solution, allowed our in-house programmers to create views and reports that were more specific than 200. Although we have only been live with 500 for 8 months in the Accounting and Distribution pieces, we are anxiously awaiting to finish the manufacturing implementation.