About Illumine

Illumine is a comprehensive childcare management software packed with all the functionalities of daycare & preschool owners. Directors and teachers can manage administrative reporting, program planning, manage billings, interactio...

4.2

Browse Illumine Reviews

Ishita
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 24/03/2020

I virtually see my son learn and grow

After whatsapp if there is any other app I use daily, its Illumine. Its like a necessity for me as a parent of a 3 year old.

Pros

It has everything I could ask for. I am a working mom and I always felt anxious and guilty for not being there for my boy or not be involved or informed enough. Its like Illumine has crept into a parents mind and collected all the needs and built this app. I can see what activities my toddler son is doing, i get the notifications, I know when he ate, what he ate, when he slept at all times. I immediately get to know if he got hurt or had a quarrel. The UI is pretty good (Sorry for the PM in me speaking). I can drop notes to the teacher. I can very well communicate with the school admin and have all record of conversations. I see the reminders at all times. I see the lovely pictures of my boy with all his friends and it fills my heart with joy.

Cons

One tiny thing could be that if a school does not use a specific feature, may be that can be hidden so the parents don't see it. Although my son's school uses almost all features, they don't have the live streaming thing. So may be if that feature can be completely hidden.

Selina

Reviewed on 03/08/2020

Using Illumine in pre-school on a daily basis

Other than upgrading our kindergarten's standards by embracing technology and going paperless, Illumine has effectively smoothed our internal management as well as improved our organisation's system. Parents are also satisfied, if not impressed with the app and how we make use of it. This app will definitely be a bonus and an additional reason for parents to send their kids to our pre-school and child care.

Pros

The features available are perfectly catered for the needs of pre-schools as well as parents. It is really user-friendly, be it for the admins, teachers or parents. Even the more elderly teachers that are not familiar with the latest technology can use the application with ease!

Cons

There were some minor glitches or crashes in the app, but after notifying the support team, the problems were solved promptly!

Google Classroom

Reasons for Choosing Illumine

Kubikt was more focused on finance and operation management, and it was difficult to get a grasp of how to make full use of it as it was too complicated for our admins even after attending a full-day training. Although in terms of price, Kubikt was far less pricey than Illumine, it did not have the features that would potentially bettered our pre-school.

Reasons for Switching to Illumine

Initially we were just looking for a platform to conduct online learning during the covid-19 outbreak, and we stumbled upon Illumine and the platforms mentioned above. I was impressed with the excellent customer service that I received, hence I decided to start the trial. We explored the other features offered in the app and thought it would be nice to take this opportunity and stand out from the other pre-schools in my country.
Chetan
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 30/07/2022

All around platform for kids

It has been good. One of the very few do-it-all sort of apps. It can have some optimization but overall feature packed and did not encounter any major issues or bugs. I love the fact that this app is a 360⁰ app for my kids. Right from fees to activities to media/images/videos of my child doing activities, CCTV feature and so on.

Pros

I loved how the user journey of the app is so well thought of. I appreciate that i can onboard my child, pay fees, look at announcement, activities and a live CCTV camera option to keep an eye on my child throughout the time he is at school.

Cons

I do not understand why each screen has a "loading" prompt. I feel some of the actions that can be cached onto the app for a short duration should solve this problem

Top Illumine Alternatives

Erem

Reviewed on 31/07/2022

Our experience this far

It's been a fair experience could be improved as seems like app has great potential

Pros

It's helpful to parents and teachers to see day to day of child

Cons

Not consistent. Things change on the back end without our knowledge

Sheetal

Reviewed on 05/08/2022

Parents of children are extremely happy n satisfied with the school using illumine for their...

Pros

It is very user-friendly. The support team is quite efficient

Cons

Uploading of a long video is a problem at times

Gergana

Reviewed on 03/08/2022

Gergana Stancheva

In the kinder garden of my childs

Pros

Easy useing and shareing, is good to find all needed information.

Cons

No, everiting is nice and easy to use. I coudn't espect more.

Whitney

Reviewed on 27/07/2022

Great product

Illumine is very easy to set up and easy to use. It has all the features that make running a school so much more efficient. The service provided is excellent!

Pros

Illumine is very easy to use and the service is excellent.

Cons

We are happy with everything. There is nothing we do not like at the moment.

Debojit

Reviewed on 01/08/2022

Excellent Product.

Pros

Very user friendly. Exhaustive features. Enhances the goodwill of the organisation. Helps parents and educators in tracking the development of the child

Cons

Camera access can be improved. Writing notes and reminders sometimes becomes difficult.

Janani
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 05/08/2022

Good tracker for daycare/schools

Great easy to use app for schools/daycares

Pros

Love how we can communicate with daycare/schools in a streamlined manner via the app.

My daughter's daycare uses this app to provide updates on their daily activities/food/play etc which is very useful for us parents.

Cons

Is a bit slow in response at times.
Payments not active

Lakshmi

Reviewed on 30/07/2022

Very happy we chose Illumine for Earthlings

Illumine helps us stay connected with parents effortlessly, it helps the team work seamlessly on a single platform

Pros

Customer support & customisation options

Cons

iOS can be unstable & updates take a bit longer than we’d like

Jason
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 30/11/2021

Life saver for online learning platform business

We are solving the problems mentioned above, re: excessive overhead / time spent doing what should be built-for already on the backend in running an online education platform.

Pros

1 year ago, before we implemented Illumine, I as the CEO and my former Head of Marketing had to handle tons of customer support tickets ourselves; and then, we had to hire 2 then a 3rd Support rep at $3000/month nearly in the Philippines. Just for something we knew was resulting from customers struggling to get into their Zoom class each day. Customers left because they were tired of the technical difficulties and annoyance of having to ask Support for things daily. Illumine was an all-in-one automated, streamlined, simplified answer to all that.

Cons

The fact that it does NOT replace the need for Google Sheets, Stripe, and my CRM completely. I think if it enabled us to fully market, sell, manage classrooms / customer relations, and handle billing all in-house, that could be very valuable. But you can't necessarily expect too much from any 1 SaaS tool either...

Juhi

Reviewed on 23/03/2020

A good software for childcares

A lot of paper is saved. Also a lot of followups on emails, SMS are saved by using this product. The experience has been great and their support team at times has gone out of their way to help. Overall the experience has been great.

Pros

I like their billing system as I used to lose a lot of paper invoices before. It used to taxation issues at the end of the year. All the receipts are now available in my mail as well as in the app. The live streaming/CCTV feature is great as it lets me see my kid once in a while when I am at work. Also, I can share medical and food notes in the app and I don't have to follow up with the teachers to see if they have completed it or not. Also since I do not use other social media that much I used to miss out event photos previously which I am now able to see in their app.

Cons

There is no option to mark a photo as favourite. Since the school shares many photos I hope they give an option to mark a photo or a video as a favourite.

Response from Illumine Labs

Thank you for your review. We got your review today and coincidentally we released the favorite feature too!! Once you receive the update you will be able to use this feature

Replied 26/03/2020
Gaurav
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

Illumine - easy and intuitive

I use illumine at my children's school to check their daily activities and meal reports . It is quite fast and intuitive . It lets me checkin or checkout my child with the help of simple QR code scan They use it for car pool on an iPad and it helps me track the car movement as well. The school moved from a pen and paper set up which was much slower due to flipping through the clipboard to find your kids and signing for each of them. It lets me add medical and food notes as well. Such a relief when teacher marks such notes completed with a picture. Plus, if it was raining the papers were a mess. The school has the iPads at the reception that still allows for signature with the touch screen.

Pros

Illumine helps make the connection between home and the preschool setting stronger. It allows teachers and parents to communicate important information to each other. It allows for photos to be shared with the families, so that they can see the learning taking place in the classroom. It allows me to keep track of the development that my child is going through, in a very structured, easy to understand format. I like this software a lot

Cons

I really do not have any cons for Illumine. My experience has been very positive and I like the product and their user interface . I am being 100% honest when i say that I have never had to contact customer support so I can not speak to that, but I do know that the implementation of the solution was pretty simple .

Jeni
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 28/10/2020

Very useful especially during the pandemic!

If you're looking for a child care management platform for your school, I would absolutely recommend Illumine because it's very user-friendly, very straightforward, all you'll need for your school is all in one place. As a parent, I wouldn't have to switch from one software to another and read endless emails from teachers just for school updates. All the information I need about my child's performance is accessible at my disposal, without checking different things from different platforms.

Pros

My kid's school used this, and the whole experience to communicate with her teachers and receiving daily reports about my child would not have been much more straightforward. During the pandemic, extra updates such as online learning and activity sharing with learners are handy, and she felt connected to her teachers even though she is away from school. They have various tools, such as notifications, assessments, fee collection, Lead CRM, etc., all in one place. Still, I hope her school would use all the functionalities as I know it would be so much more helpful for teachers and students.

Cons

As of now, the experience is pretty pleasant, and if there are
any problems, the team will be quick to resolve it for us.

Kanderp
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

All-inclusive Child Care Center Management Software

So far I love everything about Illumine! They are quick to sort out any issues if we rarely have them. Time and again they surprise us with new features.

Pros

There are more things than I can list about why I like Illumine as a parent. I love being able to check in on my kid any time during the day with there Live streaming feature. My kid's school uploads pictures in afternoon and I eagerly wait for it during my lunch time. It helps them feel a part of my kid's day at daycare . Apart from parent communication, I like how bills are always available in my email and also sending food and medicine notes to the class teachers.! Recently they created a video of my kid's journey in the school and all the family members were absolutely delighted with the video.

Cons

The cons that have come up are very few and mostly relate to the internet services which automatically gets sorted.

Amruta

Reviewed on 23/03/2020

Over all experience is too good.
Full illumine team is very good and great at their work. Knowledgeable and always ready to help and solve our query.

Pros

Its a very user friendly app. It was very easy to start using it.
The app has features that are easy to use and due to the app the daily operations and updates have become very fast and tip of the finger.
The adding of schedule and events is the best feature i like.
We have also started using CRM which becomes very easy for us to track the new enquiry.

Cons

Few features i have to add for all the centres by selecting different centres. It should have been like we add things and it has an option of having it for all centres.
For example when we add events. We have to add for all the three centres . It should at a click "add this event for all centres" You click on "YES"

Roopa

Reviewed on 12/03/2020

Using for KinderGarden

Its a good experience can be little more improved ,Good job team :)

Pros

Update,Activities,Consult tab for raising concerns,leaves & teachers notes ,Calendar events to check for upcoming events/announcements.
Photos to keep checking my kids photos they keep posing in parents absence it will add an excitement as a parent

Cons

Till creche has to get implement or use of many features like fee payments,live streaming and so on .
This will add a wonderful experience hassle free tasks

Response from Illumine Labs

Thank you for taking your time out and reviewing us ma'am. We support payments, live streaming and bus tracking, etc. But your school hasn't enabled these features on our app. We will reach out to your school to share this feedback and also request you to do the same :)

Replied 23/03/2020
Tasneem

Reviewed on 19/03/2020

Best Childcare Management App

Pros

User friendly , Consist of all features which preschool would want to make their daily operations easier.

Cons

The application contains all features which I was looking for for my preschool.

Tirth Raj

Reviewed on 18/03/2020

Illumine works for my school

Pros

We have replaces our school diary with illumine. It is easy to use, saves a lot of time for our teachers and the onboarding is very simple. The best thing about Illumine is their after-sales service and we have received solutions for all the queries/bugs almost immediately.

Cons

The CCTV live streaming and the bus tracking service needs a few enhancements.

Naga Ravi Prasad

Reviewed on 22/03/2020

Illumine is overall good product but it needs some improvements

Overall, with the age of app, it is performing good. But still needs some improvements.

Pros

1. We can closely watch kids activities on timely basis.
2. We can watch photos of events and activities in school
3. We can update our photos at home and download school photos
4. Communicate with teachers and care takers about his deeds and chores

Cons

1. It is not possible to download all the photos at once
2. We need live monitoring feature by linking webcams with illumine app
3. Customer care needs to be very prompt in answering queries

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 30/12/2020

Real-time notifications are a godsend!

Peace of mind

Illumine is a Godsend! There are so many features to love and I don't know where to start! Firstly, you can create and send invoices to parents and manage all the billing transactions as well.

Pros

I can update the parents on their little one’s mealtimes, naps, diaper changes, and bathroom visits.

The end of the day reports can make parents anxious because they are unable to communicate with the daycare center through the day, but illumine allows us to constantly keep them notified.

We can send the reports to parents and receive their signatures without any hassle.

Cons

None for now, there are no negatives as of now present in this app

Avinash

Reviewed on 13/01/2021

The ease of use and overall build and design

Overall is is great , good initiative to consolidate all of the schol information at one place. In short this is like an ERP system for schools.

Pros

Its a single mode of communication between the parents and the school. As a parent i know what are the assignments , Attendance and other announcements. The important part is the fees details , Pickup and drop details provide more safety to the kids. One feedback that i may have is if we can group the photos of ones kid at one place will be better...now school post 100 of photos and i need to drill down to find out which one are for my son...rest is great abt this app

Cons

what i feel missing is if the school cameras can be integrated with this app then this will be one stop shop. My son school provide camera feature to check the live streaming of kids playground and cafeteria

Diptesh

Reviewed on 01/04/2021

Good School Management App

Good

Pros

Ease of use and compatibility of two-way communications

Cons

Invoice rectifications, payment gateway option

Falak

Reviewed on 30/03/2021

A teacher's guide

Good

Pros

The best feature is that it allows to choose different options while posting pictures for kids. Easy to check updates and backdated information.

Cons

No option of selecting multiple parents to message. Have to individually select which is time consuming.

Fahad

Reviewed on 14/04/2020

value for money and relief for parents

Made my life easier as Parent”
Overall: As a parent of a twin illumine has made me a less anxious parent. In the early days, I used their live streaming feature the most. But slowly I transitioned and started relying a lot on daily updates. I like the fact that the school is also proactive in sending the nap and food updates

Pros

Previously the school provided an app each for bus tracking, live streaming, and communication. Now they do everything through illumine. It has made my life as a parent much easier .

Cons

I wish I don’t have to scroll through 100 pictures to find a picture of my child. As I understand technology I know it is difficult to build face recognition but they can at least give an option to mark pictures and updates as favorite for future filtering.