Mindbody Reviews

Visit Website

About Mindbody

Mindbody is a cloud-based club management and appointment scheduling solution designed for the needs of small to midsize businesses. The product is primarily used by gyms, fitness and personal training centers, salons, spas and...

3.6

Emily
Emily
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 05/11/2020

MindBody is almost all the software you need for a gym or studio

Overall, MindBody is great and I don't think I've even used half of the features after several years of regular use. There is a way to do anything, and tech always provides good help.

Pros

There is a wide variety of ways that you can structure contracts and payments. The feature that allows you to attach PDF documents to each client helps towards operating in a more paperless manner.

Cons

Refunds and returns are a bit confusing. The product could also be improved with a better attendance system. They should improve the attendance feature. The sign in app apparently doesn't work and we have used a different sign in software.

Ron

Reviewed on 26/02/2024

Mindbody or not

I really liked it in the beginning but I grew less enamored by it as time went on

Pros

Pretty comprehensive interface you can get up and running pretty quickly. Allows you to see your schedule.

Cons

Always raising the price. And sometimes the tech support was not there to help me

• Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 22/02/2024

Mindbody Review

Pros

Nothing. It really was over-promised and underdelivered

Cons

Everything. It was not a good system to use

Top Mindbody Alternatives

Trish
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 11/12/2023

Difficult to Use but Necessary

It is a necessary part of the business but never worked well and has always been a software that we've tried to leave and find a better suited software for our business. My franchisees had constant complaints and often things just don't work correctly and it's difficult to get help or figure out why.

Pros

Fairly easy to use the email functions and member communications functions. I was able to teach myself or use help topics to figure out how to do most things.

Cons

Reporting is not easy to use or to find. The system has multiple limitations and is not user friendly. There is no "shopping cart" experience where I could resell or cross sell. Customer service is a nightmare.

mylissa
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 08/03/2024

top of the line

The most efficient booking website. Customer Service was super helpful, quick and precise.. Let’s not forget express booking, truly the icing on the cake.

Pros

This has been a life saver when it comes to booking !!!! Super easy to use

Cons

This is one software dont believe has any cons

Frances

Reviewed on 22/03/2024

Limited & Expensive

Pros

Originally, I really liked all of the gadgets they had to help streamline the check in and check out process, but the equipment they sent was slow and worked poorly after a short time of use.

Cons

They were VERY expensive. All of the upgrades that were really desired for the business were too expensive to be cost effective.

Nicholas
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 19/02/2024

Fitness Goals

Highly recommend. My business has grown in the short amount of time I have been using the app. Looking forward to the future benefits.

Pros

Being able to schedule appointments with clients I service. Easy to see availability of my schedule and allows my clients to see availability. No need to communicate with them outside of the app. Simple and organized.

Cons

Notifications when things change on my schedule. Before appointments begin, I have to make sure that the client is still coming in by checking the schedule. There have been times I did not receive notice they cancelled.

Mitchell
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 11/03/2024

Perfect Fitness Scheduler

Pros

It was a very easy to use app and has what you need - schedule, account info, able to book directly on the app.

Cons

You need a separate mind body account for each of the venders.

Colleen

Reviewed on 04/04/2024

Friendly App for Booking

Pros

I downloaded MindBody to easily book and schedule appointments at my local fitness and spa. I don’t pay any fee to use this service and app and it saves me a lot of time and energy when needing to book an appointment.

Cons

The App layout is fantastic but based on what data the store provides it can be a clunky experience and cause frustration to use because it’s not seamless

dipak

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

explaining about mindbody app

Pros

very nice app showing different categories to explore regarding physical activities,huge variety related to wellness services and activities provided in app

Cons

The deals should be more and better, for all over the world countries.

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

LIGHTYEARS BEHIND THE COMPETITION

My experience was $500 per month at two locations of nigthmares, frustration, and apologies for clients. I truly should have left them years ago, but don't like making clients switch POS systems more than once in 5 years, and I should have just done it sooner.

Pros

The only thing good about this software is the App on the customer facing side.

Cons

Customer Service, Pricing, Poor Interface, Difficult to Set Up.

Fresha

Reasons for Choosing Mindbody

Booker was even worse... an easy bar to exceed.

Booker

Reasons for Switching to Mindbody

I left Mindbody for Fresha, and it's the best software I have used by a mile. Not only is the App smooth, defect free, attractive, and intuitive, it was also HUNDREDS of dollars a month CHEAPER! I honestly cannot say enough good things about Fresha. They continue to innovate and work within the beauty and hair industry to make the best product. Boulevard is a new up and comer, but even that I tried is far behind Fresha in value.
Jonathan

Reviewed on 06/09/2022

Frustrating software that causes no end of issues and no one to help!! (that was our experience...

Unprofessional, inept and impossible.

We have been tirelessly attempting to deal with Mindbody to help us with our new company and have had so many problems on the way. The "Sad Robot" has to be the most frustrating logos that inform the user that "Something's not working right" has been the most common experience of us as company owners and worst of all, our clients/patients.

The first 6 days we couldn't log on to our £300+/month (half price as a special enticement) and no one could help me. Finally we were logged on and as a gesture of goodwill the Mindbody team agreed to waive the first months fee...this was the one and only positive, as sadly things went from bad to worse.

Our "onboarder" was [SENSITIVE CONTENT], who was very nice but due to the 8 hour time difference was unable to offer us training before 5pm UK time, when we have our young kids to contend with!

So we were provided with a [SENSITIVE CONTENT], who frustratingly wasn't helpful and at times, rather rude. Attempts to ask questions and raise concerns were cut short by her repeatedly interrupting, so much so I actually struggled to attend our training due to her poor attitude and unprofessional approach.

We asked her "why don't our clients get confirmation emails when they book online?". She replied "there's a bug". We asked "What's been done and when is it being fixed" to which she replied "You've been added to the list but I don't know when it will be fixed".

How can we tell clients that?

Proble after problem

Pros

The name is good. The software looks so good when you see it on YouTube, but our experience didn't live up to the promises

Cons

The problems just got worse and worse....

1. Clients who booked online had their payments rejected.

2. Some were charged twice.

3. Some were booked and then cancelled, then when they tried again, the class was fully booked.

4. Then a whole days worth of payments were then voided, over £600 on our 2nd day of trading....gone!

But, all the clients had the payment taken out of their accounts, so we had to ask them to show evidence as our Mindbody software was showing that the payment was voided. It made us look so amateur and clueless.

5. The widgets on the App don't work and the calendar disappears, then the link doesn't work. All the time I am paying my website designer to try to figure this out and no one in technical team is available to talk to him. Despite cries for help and emails to Ross.

6. Our card machine (£199) didn't work. We spent over four hours the day before our launch attempting to talk to a technical team that eventually got it working...for 2 hours and then the next day it didn't work again.

So clients can't pay online as it doesn't work, and they can't may at our health hub... as the card machine doesn't work....so they have to pay by cash....who pays by cash and what kind of modern day company demands cash as their online software doesn't work and their card machine doesn't work?.....it makes us....sorry, Mindbody made us look like an absolute joke.

7. Instructors haven't been able to log on

8. We haven't had our payments through to our bank

William

Reviewed on 05/09/2018

MindBody is on its way to becoming something great.

My overall experience with Mindbody business management has been well. Customer service is really good, each department I speak with is very helpful and informative. However, I would like to see Mindbody have a department or a program that allows businesses to collaborate with the MindBody software team, to help improve the software and help the Mindbody software team understands the types of software tools different business would need.

Pros

I consider MindBody on the computer, and a mobile device two different software experiences. What I enjoy the most about MindBody on the computer, is the ability to resize the window, which allows you to control the amount of information on the screen. What I like most about the MindBody software on a mobile device is the ease of use, and straight to the point UI.

Cons

What I like least about the MindBody software on the computer is the outdated feel and UI. Some menus feel cluttered, while other menus are mostly blank and could contain more information or a drop-down menu and some tabs feel hidden too. A lot of our staff members state that they can not understand the software at first glance and have a difficult time navigating the UI. Simply put, the software should be as easy as, I want to do A, B and C, and should be able to not have to dig through tabs and menus to do it.

Another thing I like least about the software is location management. Our business has two locations using Mindbody, and there is not an easy eay to switch between both accounts, without having to completely log out of the account and log back into the other one.

What I like least about the MindBody software on a mobile device, is the business app, it can sometimes look outdated as well. The schedule tab in day view looks cluttered at first glance. The client tab is mostly blank when it could have a "most recently added" tab, or "clients that checked in today" or "Clients that checked in this week" tab.

Reviewed on 07/10/2016

Big Company - Doesn't care about you

When you sign up you'll be promised the moon and stars. Then you'll get 1-2 support calls per week and you'll see many of those claims retracted. If your support guy is good (I had one good call) this is enough to get you up and running. Unfortunately mine was not. It was "click here, type this, go back to this screen and click here" and then at exactly 45 minutes our call is ended until the next one. No explanation of the system just blind instructions. This went on for 2 months! At some point he was telling me "You're ready to go" when in fact all I'd been doing was following his instructions and still didn't get any explanation on how to use it with clients. The final straw was when I couldn't get the app working on an android device and then told they don't support all android devices (sales rep promised 'it will run on any android device'). In maddening frustration by that point, I left and asked for a refund but was told "we have a no refund policy". I later realised by myself that a different app is used for business (nobody in support pointed this out when I brought up the compatibility issue). I'd already bought all the hardware and cards for the barcode scanning function so tried to clear the air and take a share of blame, then suggested if someone on their end can just explain how to use that feature I'd continue with mindbody. They ignored that and are completely ignoring all of my emails now (even though I'm still in the middle of a paid month). Do not go near these guys, they will take your money and drop you if you are too much work. There is no trial period and their legally dubious 'no refund policy' means you will never get your money back if something goes wrong. You will feel like a tiny cog to a big company and if you don't like how the system works, tough!

To review the software itself, it has lots of features but you'll only need a fraction of them. The reason is that they try to cover such a wide range of businesses - from gyms to hair dressers. So the backend has a ton of menus and unfamiliar terminologies, and a significant learning curve to get up and running. This would be manageable, but see my review above regarding support. If you want to drive desk staff mad, and make them harder to train and replace, then this is a good way to do it.

I would recommend you shop around for a better alternative to this. Mindbody is a bit of a jack of all trades, master of none. Goteamup or Glofox were much better alternatives I evaluated

Pros

- If most of your business is direct debit based, and if you can get your customers into their paysafe (netbanx) system, then the transaction charges seem competitive (plus an extra monthly fee).
- There are lots of features
- It has a custom app that looks pretty

Cons

- The app will also advertise any of your competitors on mindbody when people look for you
- You feel like you are dealing with a big company that doesn't ultimately care about you or your business, just your money
- Legally dubious "No Refund" policy will be enforced regardless of the reason you ask. Contact your consumer ombudsman if they try this
- Inflexible back end - jack of all trades approach

Lauren

Reviewed on 08/08/2019

Excellent at providing options, but slightly over-complicated

Overall, this product is a good solution for any gym or membership based company. I have not been able to find an option out there that has as many capabilities as Mindbody does, so I've chosen to stick with it. While it does have some inconveniences, it is a very reliable flexible software, which at the end of the day is the most important thing anyway.

Pros

The sheer range of things this program can do is extremely impressive. Having just one program that can do so much is a huge plus in terms of simplicity and frugality. Specifically, it is very nice to have a POS, scheduling software, and online booking all in one. You can have two computers set up at your gym that can handle everything. Extremely convenient.

Customer service is pretty good. I never had to wait on hold for longer than a few minutes. Sometimes the help takes longer than seems necessary and is difficult to follow, but I think that is more than fault of this somewhat convoluted software than the actual customer service itself.

The software is easily accessible from anywhere. Surprisingly, their mobile platform is actually pretty good!

Cons

The main Con in a word is Convoluted. Everything is multiple steps, navigating the software can be difficult, and the layout is not intuitive in the slightest. I strongly dread training new employees on this software. It usually takes me about two hours just to go through everything with them...It's a headache. Like anything else, it's not too bad once you learn it, but learning it is not fun.

The POS is a little clunky. Processing is a bit slow- this was an issue even on a new computer. At my former employer, we actually ended up buying a different POS because we were so tired of putting up with the one built I to Mindbody. We still used the Mindbody one for class and competition registrations, but everything else (open gym admissions, merchandise, snacks, and drinks) went through the other system.

Jeffrey

Reviewed on 27/01/2020

MindBody Software Suite with Branded App

Overall experience was grueling and constantly defeating to my business operations. Joining Mindbody was a poor decision in many facets. The software suite works directly against your business by directing (through email marketing etc.) new members to use the "Non-Branded" app when you already have the Branded App. The Mindbody App sends deals from other fitness studios to your customers via the Mindbody App. This isn't good for retention. If a customer want to skate around your regular member prices, the Non-Branded App offers discounts to your already regular customer (not just new customers), creating instant revenue losses when trying to gain new customers. Customer Care/Service representatives knew less about the MindBody suite than I did since I have used the software longer than the representatives that were supposed to be assisting. The integrated software for payments which ease the use of processing and tracking is a "catch 22". If your card on file for Mindbody payments expires, which happens periodically; MindBody will just shutdown your site and you cannot operate in any capacity or function. No phone call message to let you know. If this happens, you will have an onslaught of fixes because the Mindbody system will disassociate your confirmation phone numbers with your customers and they will no longer be able to confirm appointments. You will have to manually push any missed autopays etc.

Pros

The best pert of MindBody was the Branded App. One touch at the fingertips for purchases by the customer.

Cons

Constant updates that caused issues for booking, purchasing and retaining customers. My email box was virtually packed with issues that MindBody caused from an update to the app. "A fix to fix the problem caused by the fix for a problem we fixed" could be the Moto!

Molly
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 14/03/2017

Miracle Software

MindBody is the admin assistant I've always needed and could never before afford. In the first three months of using it I DOUBLED my income. My clients can schedule, cancel, reschedule, sign up for classes and pay online- that alone saves me at least two hours a day that I no longer have to be on the phone, I can be working! Or playing with my family, or a million other things rather than sitting on a phone or on email. Just the ability to take credit cards (all of them) increased my pay; there's a feature when the client pays which asks if they want to leave a tip and offers different percentages or a custom amount...and when asked if they want to leave a tip, more people do so! Seriously my average went from 65 to 90 each session. Clients can buy gift cards online and print them out immediately, that's a nice feature for those last minute gift givers, and they are again asked if they want to leave a tip... it's crazy how quickly my income skyrocketed. I'm beyond grateful.

OH and the best part. MindBody's customer service. I was actually offered a lower rate with another company (we'll call them Circle so I don't offend the real company) but Circle was terrible. With Circle, I waited fifteen months to get the rate I was promised and I was constantly tossed back and forth in emails and phone calls as Circle passed blame and did nothing to help my business. So I checked out MindBody. And they walked me through the software, the setup, how to use it, they even showed me how to customize everything for my business! We're talking 45 minute phone calls with this awesome customer service associate (Rep- he's so calm and intelligent and researches every question you have) EVERY WEEK until I felt comfortable using MindBody. I was terrified after trying Circle, but MindBody gave me the software, the skills, the customization, the feedback- did I mention you can run reports at any time to figure profit and taxes and such?- and as of today I stand to TRIPLE my income this year. Thank God I didn't give up after Circle. Thank God I found MindBody.

I realize I'm typing in stream-of-consciousness, I realize I'm beyond excited, but for a single mother of three running her own business who had learned to live just below the poverty level, to make such a leap in income, to have such powerful and professional software, to have the unwavering support and knowledge base of an entire team of people at MindBody- it's overwhelming. Miracle Software.

Pros

MindBody customer support is AWESOME! It's the reason I stay with MindBody, though Square offers a lower rate to NCBTMB members such as myself- square's customer support is awful. In contrast stands Max Malle. Remember that name. Best customer service rep I've ever known. He and the others go above and beyond their jobs- you can feel their sincerity. Oh and I've doubled my income and am set to triple it this year because the software does SO MUCH WORK for me. It's my administrative assistant that I only pay $ a month for! It rocks.

Cons

Hm. Well, I have yet to figure out the difference between signing someone up for a yoga class and signing them in to a yoga class, so maybe differentiating that in the program's wording would help. OH and for those of us who use our phones exclusively, not a computer, when using the software, it would be lovely if the phone programming held everything just like the computer programming does. Hmmmmm .... OH and sometimes late at night my schedule disappears completely from my phone. It shows up as blank, which is frightening, but in the morning it's back to normal. Maybe you guys are working on it then?

Response from Mindbody

Thank you for your review, Molly!

Replied 03/08/2018
Christian

Reviewed on 15/05/2017

seven levels of HELL. Never in my life have I been ASHAMED to use a service or product before.

I know now what to look for with a company. This is totally not a company I would do business with again. EVER.

Pros

It tricks you and makes you think it's a good idea to use. The sales people are super sweet, kind, nice and charming just like a serial killer trying to get you into their white van with promises of candy, puppies and a meal with Jesus himself to answer all your questions in life.

Cons

Where do I even begin??? it SUCKS. Customer service is a joke, that is if you ever get a hold of anyone. Then they flat out lie to you. The only time I could get a call or e mail back was from a sale department trying to sell me a bigger package. One guy David, lied so bad to me it was like he was a used car sales man in training. Their 24/7 support really means YOU have to wait 24/7 to get a hold of anyone. I got an e mail about a 45% price increase . The support staff told me not to worry about the e mail, I had until March before my price would go that high. Well Jan came around and HAPPY NEW YEAR, big fat price increase just like the e mail said. My call to him was the best after that. He told me I misunderstood and the e mail was correct. So that phone call that took forever to clear up the question about the e mail was just a big waste of time because he lied through his teeth to keep me paying. I would totally save your money unless you like to throw it out and waste any free time you might have. I wish I had found truthful reviews. I went off their marketing I saw everywhere and a business coach that I found out after really didn't have any experience with them. She learned to never recommend them. I learned I can totally control my anger and not drive my car through their headquarters. So MindBody really is about causing you totally frustration in your mind and physical pain in your body from all the crap they put you through. RUN FAST and FAR.

Lorrie

Reviewed on 16/08/2017

Would love to find an alternative

It was relatively easy to setup and get going but I wished that I had more alternatives to test before putting my entire business on this. I am seeking an alternative.

Pros

MindBodyOnline is used across many studios so it is easy to use. It does most of what I want it to do but not necessarily without workarounds. I really wanted this to work but it's now getting my financials wrong and this is huge for me.

Cons

Very buggy. The phone app acts differently than the web browser application. It's making it nearly impossible to trust my appointments, sessions and payments for clients. I run my studio with the mobile app and it's getting increasingly challenging. As I am a small business, I feel that I don't have much weight to influence positive changes to the app through customer support. I've been told it's because I'm on an entry level version of the app and that if I upgrade I can get what I need. I don't feel that spending extra money after experiencing ridiculous price hikes over the past 2 years will help. I am desperately looking for an alternative to run my business. I've tried several times to talk with customer support and they are always very friendly and try to be helpful but I think they are limited to how the company is being run. I was told to email the CEO directly, I did that 3-4 times and my emails went unanswered.

If there is anything I can tell you not to use:

Referred by Relationship- It mixes packages and false payment information between those two clients

Booking appointments by mobile app- It allows you to book and it automatically takes sessions from their package and reserves it for that session. When you check how many sessions they have left, it's not accurate because it already reserved these sessions so it looks like your client is due for payment when they are not. The web app does not do this!

Response from Mindbody

Hi Lorrie-

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are actively working on improving our mobile apps and recently released a refreshed version of our mobile app. Each level of our software does offer more features, and we do recommend that you use our Starter level or above.

If you do decide to leave MINDBODY, please keep in mind that our Terms of Service require a 30 day written notice prior to cancellation. If we can help you at all as you consider your options, please let us know!

Replied 07/09/2017
Shakeyla

Reviewed on 20/04/2023

Driving the wellness industry!

Software is good for scheduling appointments and making business run more smoothly on daily basis. However, the price of subscription and customer service need improvement.

Pros

Mindbody is effectively the most impressive and thorough programming that anyone could hope to find to assist with running your wellbeing and wellness organization. What many people may not know is that this organization is driving the charge to further develop wellbeing and wellness in this country. Having only one program that can accomplish such a great deal is an enormous in addition to concerning straightforwardness and thriftiness. In particular, it is extremely ideal to have a POS, planning programming, and web based booking across the board. Client assistance is very great. I never needed to look out for hold for longer than a couple of moments. Once in a while the assistance takes more time than appears to be needed and is hard to understand, however I feel that is more than shortcoming of this to some degree tangled programming than the genuine client care itself. The product is effectively open from anyplace. Mobile usage is great!

Cons

I accept on the off chance that anybody considers utilizing other programming, it is on the grounds that you are compelled to use a certain charge card organization with Mindbody. They attempted to carry out a portable devoted installment gadget called POYNT which has been frustrating. It is bothersome, yet I was enjoyably shocked to have the option to return for a credit. Customer service could be a whole lot better. Reps that I spoke with were unhelpful at times.

Alejandro
Alejandro

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

Antiquated and not visually appealing , no app.

Automation and athlete tracking was not bad, although new software have picked up and improved on an original leader in the field. Data analysis and reports are good and accurate but not user friendly or visually appealing .

Pros

Software does a good job of keeping track of clients and their information and gives them a platform to reserve their spot

Cons

No app, antiquated on functionality and visually not appealing . One the leader in their field , the program has not changed its look since I first encountered it 15 years ago. There is no app for staff to use, there is no app to use as a check in station. Designed around a computer terminal one has to use a laptop and not able to use either Apple or android tablets as check in stations. the look and functionality has been lap by many programs that followed is such as zenplanner. Not only do other product has even a better user experience, but they beat them in pricing. They do many a la cart pricing when others include all the bells for far less price. Integration of email is only with a paid service when other allow you to integrate with services such as mail chimp free service.

Response from Mindbody

Hi Alejandro-

Thank you for leaving your thoughts about MINDBODY. We are happy to tell you that we have apps for both of the items you discussed in your review.

The MINDBODY for business app allows staff to manage their schedules. You can read more here: https://www.mindbodyonline.com/business-app and here: https://www.mindbodyonline.com/blog/business-advice/software-features/how-the-mindbody-business-app-benefits-your-staff

The Class Check-In by MINDBODY app allows your customers to check-in on an iPad, rather than needing a computer at the front desk, and some of our customers don't have a computer in their front-of-house at all. You can learn more here: https://www.mindbodyonline.com/check-in-app

We're continuously evolving our products, and are happy to connect with you, if you have more questions.

Replied 19/07/2018

Reviewed on 19/09/2018

BIG MISTAKE

Pros

None. This thing takes hours to set up - the numbers in the revenue tracker do not match up to the deposits in the bank account. We have to keep track of our own revenue and can't trust any of the numbers that show up in their tracking.

Cons

Horrific customer service - insanely high price increases - unethical business practices -
For example - we decide to try out a new retention marketing program that they came up with. Sounds like a great idea, decided to test it out. It sucked, whatever, we tried it and just decided to discontinue it. No-can-do. Apparently, without telling us, trying out the new automated follow up program bumped us up to a completely different version of the software - we thought it was just an add-on service. Well the thing sucked and we wanted to go back to what we had, but they eliminated that. But they didn't even tell us that they had eliminated it before we switched back. So they switch us back and we are shockingly surprised when we lose A LOT of functionality. We complain that we were never told when we upgraded, or when we downgraded what the consequences would be. They don't care. So here we are losing money as a result, because we can't manually adjust prices when necessary and spending a significant amount of time doing things ourselves that our employees were able to do before. So we just agree to go back to the upgraded version only to find out that all of our membership contracts and autopays information is gone. I know we are not the only ones this has happened to. I smell a class-action lawsuit coming...

Response from Mindbody

Hello,

Over the course of the past year, we have been rolling out new packages to our customers, giving them at least 30 days notice about when their new pricing will take effect, and what their options were.

We'd like to look into the feedback you made in your review, but unfortunately, because you provided your feedback anonymously, we are unable to confirm that is what happened.

Could you provide your business details to [email protected]?

Replied 28/09/2018
Randall
Randall

Reviewed on 01/01/2017

Not as good as they think they are

I have been using Mind Body for 5 yrs. I am a single practitioner Registered massage therapy clinic. I am very computer savvy. I have used several practice management software and have contributed to UI development of two of them. At the time of sign up I had completed an exhaustive search on Clinic management apps. The two that came out on top for me were Mind/Body and another one. I went with MB because their salesman misrepresented their tech's ability to export my data. In the end, they couldn't do it. He also signed me up at the wrong price for my situation and it cost me extra $ for months.

I decided to continue with MB without my previous client database. The back end of the software is extremely complicated and took quite a while to get things to work right.

They seem to feel they are the best solution out there, they clearly haven't looked closely at the other providers and how my clients could interact with the software which is overly complicated, I have numerous clients who won't work with MB and call or text. (there will always be some who won't use it no matter the design)

They are committed to using Flash (outdated) if you want to use an iPhone or iPad you have to use their apps instead of the site being HTML5 or cross platform compatible. It also doesn't work well with Safari.

The CRM is poorly designed and their premium Soap notes are a joke in comparison to what the competition like Booker, Jane app, Soap Vault. and many more offer. Their Auto emails don't handle embedded HTML correctly and are completely broken at the moment and fill my email with content not linked to.

You can't collate, print or export client notes or soap notes. I have to copy and paste my notes into word to create a medical-legal report.

Pros

Great 24hr customer service support.
Wide range of features.
Conventions, classes, and online training on how to use their product and market your practice better
Reasonably easy to run your practice once you are set up.
Good consumer awareness of the apps so you can be found through their network of providers.
A good set of reports to understand and analyze your business.

Cons

Over priced. If a corporation can have an Igo they are conceited and not fully aware of their competition and how they are being bettered by other companies that didn't have to spend millions of dollars last year to deliver what they are offering.

Raised my rates 60% in two price increases over the last 6 month period.
The initial salesman made false promises.
Overly complicated user interface both for potential clients and for service providers.
No automatic booking assistance that keeps dead spaces to a minimum.
Poor Contact Relation management compared to much less expensive software.
Pushed expensive 3rd party upgrades for components that should have been included in the price.
They don't have a well-developed place to create treatment notes, can't print, collate or export the notes you do create. Not PIPA compliant (Standards of patient privacy)
Can't bill or track insurance billing and payments.
Takes forever to fix something broken in their software. Promised features and then took 2-3 years to deliver features.

Claudine

Reviewed on 09/04/2020

Extremely disappointed -

I’m am truly disappointed. What a way to treat a customer who has been with them for years!
Asking me if I was happy the situation was resolved after years of charging for a service they were not providing? Please! This was the least they could do! It is their responsibility to deliver what they offer. I shouldn’t be happy they solved a problem that has hurt my business fir years! I have over 250 clients who have found me through GOOGLE, Not mindbody and show up in the studio unable to book the class until I seNd them a direct link To their phones through a text message sharing my business in the Mindbody app. I always thought Mindbody was not helping my business and I was right!

Pros

Years ago, They sold me the idea that their software was worth every penny because my classes would be shown on the app. And the visibility would allow clients to see my classes at given times and search radius.

Cons

My most important class has not appeared In the app on the clients end for the past years. I realized this today. On my end and in my app as business owner I could see my class so I never realized the class had never been visible to potencial clients who are searching for a Zumba class in the app. I just trusted Mindbody was doing their job.
They solved the problem today when I searched for my new virtual class and I realized the class was not listed or visible on the clients app or on their end. I was with them over 2 hours on the phone explaining this situation. They just apologized, asked me if I was happy that they resolved he situation, I mean, Come on! it was insulting and audacious on their part! They have been charging me for years for a service they have not provided. The least they could have done was offer me some kind of compensation, this is TERRIBLE!

Response from Mindbody

Hi Claudine-

Thank you for sharing your feedback about Mindbody. We can see that our support team provided you an option to get your classes listed on the Mindbody app while you wait for your work item to be resolved.

If you have additional questions, please reach out to support or speak to your account executive about how to improve your app listing.

Replied 01/05/2020
Erica

Reviewed on 16/05/2023

Buyer beware

MindBody pulled a scam with me. I did an add-on service for the branded app and they failed to mention it would extend me into a contract. I was lied to in February about canceling my Video On Demand and that it was a contract and after four months of exhaustion, the truth was that it was month to month. Instead of doing the right thing and refunding the $400 they owed me, they wanted to continue to "investigate" when I had all the emails. I was then kicked around to over 9 different support team members who told different stories each time I was emailed. MindBody will raise your rates without warning, increase credit card fees, and you cannot void any transactions so they can triple charge you. I wanted to cancel my subscription and I was told they wanted me to fulfill my contract I never knew I was in. The terms to cancel are month-to-month on their website to pull you in. MBO will give you a contract after lying to get you to sign up. I missed the date to cancel in March and they stole $400 from me and sent me on a four-month chase to get it back. I'm to hold my end of the bargain while they are free to steal and cause you headaches to just get your money back. If you get upset at any point, they will go on repeat with a script that someone from the top will give them. Don't sign up unless you have money and time to waste.

Pros

MindBody Online is expensive and has so many glitches your software will be a science project daily to get to work.

Cons

MindBody caters to large franchises and corporations. If you are a small studio, stay clear as they will treat you like a bottom feeder. The support team will never respond in a timely manner and you will be kicked around like a rag doll to the point of exhaustion. Payment does not apply correctly and membership setups only work until they do an update, which will force you to rewrite your contracts.