About Wave Accounting

Wave is an online accounting platform exclusively designed for small business owners, freelancers, and consultants. Wave's software provides features including accounting, invoicing, billing, payment tracking, payroll management,...

Browse Wave Accounting Reviews

1,083 of 1,083 reviews
Josh R.

Reviewed on 07/06/2015

I want to like Wave, and have been trying for years

..., but I need them to help me figure it out. I have a full-time salaried job as a copywriter and a few self-employment careers, like freelance writing, voice acting. I've always found doing my taxes to be a nightmare. I'd spend months stressing about it and trying to calculate income and expenses. Originally, I was adding up all my expenses with a calculator. When I discovered I could put things into Excel, it got a bit easier add numbers. And then about 4 or 5 years ago, I started using a new accountant, and he suggested Wave to me. I was excited to hear that it would important my bank and credit card statements, and that I could then quickly and easily categorize everything. I was sure this would save me so much time and stress. But I found Wave very hard to use. I wasn't sure how to create my own categories. I could never tell if my statements had been uploaded completely, and I would often wind up with duplicate transactions. And I still can't find a way to view the categories after I've allocated transactions to them. I tweeted to Wave a lot, and they were nice enough to send one their IT guys to sit with me in a coffee shop for a few hours. He watched as I tried to do things and he gave me help. He said this was useful to him, to see what people might be having trouble with. And, I figured I would then be ok. But I'm still having a lot of trouble. I'm not asking a lot. All I want to be able to do is import my bank statements and credit card statements, and categorize all the transactions. And being able to invoice people would be nice too. And it seems that his app has those features. But I still find it very complicated. I don't understand the categories. I can't find where the totals are. And lately, my mbna Mastercard has been saying it can't link to Wave. So tonight, I went in and started deleting all the transactions from 2014, hoping that I could start fresh and be sure that everything was imported correctly. But now I see that mbna won't give me the data files for before August (that's an mbna problem, not Wave) and I can't undelete what I deleted. And there's no way to get support without paying for it. But I don't want to pay until I'm confident the site can do the simple things I need it to do. Anyway, I'd love to support a local Toronto company. And I appreciate that someone from the company sat with me in person. And I see people reviewing positively, saying it makes a freelancers life easy. Someone even tweeted today that Wave makes doing accounting fun. But I just don't understand how people are able to use this site. If someone from the company, or one of the satisfied customers, could explain to me how to use this site properly, I'd love to be converted. But at this point, I fear I need to cut my loses and simplify my life by paying for some other software. I just want to be able to file my taxes and concentrate on my creative projects.

Pros

It seems like it offers the ability to import credit card and bank statements, categorize expenses, and invoice people. Those are the features I want. But...

Cons

...I haven't been able to figure out how to smoothly and accurately use the features I want. This app is making my life harder than it was when I just manually typed in all my expenses into a Microsoft Word and added them up with a calculator.

Response from Wave Accounting Inc.

Thanks for sharing with us your experience. Firstly, thanks for being such a valuable customer over the years. We especially appreciate your patience trying to make WaveApps work for your financials.

We have available Premium Support for customers who are getting started with Wave. We suggest those looking to best learn work arounds, and setting up proper customizations subscribe to our chat and phone support (unlimited - 9am-5pm EDT M-F) - $49 for three months. You can place a call and speak to one of our product specialists to help you work through your challenge.

If you could reach out to me [email protected] We'll try to match you with a member of our team to help troubleshoot since you have invested your valuable time into Wave to manage your business financials.

Jennifer from Wave

Replied 02/09/2015
Matthew C.

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

Innovative and FREE accounting software

I use this for managing my rental properties. The core product is free. If I continue to scale my business, I can pay to utilize some of the more focused products to support continued growth. I really enjoy the product and would recommend.

Pros

WaveApps is very easy to deploy. Chart of accounts setup was very simple (it is from a recommended template or DIY), and AP/AR/GL are all extremely easy to understand and utilize. They continue to deploy all-in-one solutions (bank accounts, payroll, etc), which is fantastic. Most of these add-on solutions are not free, but the free 'pure accounting' program allows you to deploy quickly and affordably and then scale out your business as you want.

Cons

Managing multiple entities is inefficient. Very limited functionality around assigning cost elements or cost centers.

Corinne P.

Reviewed on 07/12/2019

Satisfied daily user since 2015

I'm a sole proprietor of a service-based clinic, and I sell a very small amount of retail product (less than $500 per year). I use Wave to generate customer invoices, track payments, organize expense receipts, calculate taxes payable, and run reports. The app does allow for a "Personal" account which I do not currently use to my advantage but I plan to incorporate that into daily use next year to help keep better track of my overall financial situation.

Pros

Wave is free to use which makes it excellent for my small business. It has an app to facilitate easy upload of receipts for my expenses. Being cloud-based enables me to access my accounting from my clinic or my home office (or on the go) with ease in real-time. It syncs with my RBC account to import my transactions and is very user-friendly.
Customer service is friendly and responsive.

Cons

My complaints about this software are very minor. There is an option to "save and send" invoices by email with a single mouse click, but to print the invoices takes three clicks.
My other complaint is that there is no simple Customer Statement to print. The Customer Statement that is available shows every transaction posted, so for most of my clients there will be three entries for each visit to my clinic; one invoice date, one copay payment, and one insurance payment applied. I would prefer to be able to generate this statement showing a list which includes ONLY the invoice date and total amount charged.
They are very minor complaints. I am quite pleased with this product.

Clay A.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 05/08/2019

Exactly what I want in a small business accounting software

Very stress free. For a free app, you expect the quality to not be as high, but overall Wave has been very reliable. I didn't really want to pay $30+ a mo for Quickbooks when all I need is for my transactions to be categorized. Wave does this well, so glad it is free. I did use the chat once and had very good experience, although I think I saw they were disabling chat except for people that have paid for support or something, so that's a bummer. But I understand, they have to get paid somehow so I'm not complaining.

Pros

I love the simplicity. We are just a small business, so the primary purpose of using this app is to categorize all my expenses, so once tax time rolls around, I just have to send the tax lady a breakdown of my income and expenses. Once a week or so, I'll log in to check all the transactions it imported from my bank account. It auto categorizes most of them which is awesome, I just have to click the check mark button to verify it was categorized correctly. Then once tax season rolls around, I just run the income statement report and send it to the tax office. I even have created a review account for the tax lady to be able to log in and see my business finances. We are just a simple business so we probably don't use some of the more advanced features, but it does what I want and best of all, it's F-R-E-E. I do also like the payroll and invoicing options if we need that in the future, although that is unlikely for our business.

Cons

For some reason, they disabled the ability for deposits to be auto categorized. This is my most common type of bank transactions, since all credit card payments are deposited into my account a few days after they process, so I have tons of transactions I have to go manually mark as the 'Sales' category. I did talk to customer support over chat about this though, and the lady agreed this would be extremely useful so they are looking into this.

Chris K.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 03/11/2018

Great alternative to Quickbooks for small biz users

I have two small e-commerce business, and needed a way to track my inventory purchases, sales, shipping expenses, etc. I also had two independent contractor businesses, needing to track expenses such as mileage, supplies, etc. With Wave, I have each venture as a separate company, I can customize the chart of accounts for each one, create invoices for my independent contractor gigs, track invoice status so I don't overlook if something doesn't get paid on time, and review my income and expenses each month. I sometimes do consignment sales for clients in my e-commerce business, and Wave helps me keep track of those sales and settle up with clients each month. Truly a lot of great features offered, and I don't even use all of them (like Banking & Payroll). So glad I found Wave, and I have recommended it to many others.

Pros

Wave offers a lot of the basic accounting functions needed for small business users, and the best part is that it's FREE TO USE! Woo hoo! I used QuickBooks in my previous career, and liked the detail it provided, but once I started my own small e-commerce business, I didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars on software, or get locked into a recurring monthly subscription. I was thrilled to find Wave and amazed that it was FREE!

Cons

I wish there was a keyword search function in the Transactions section. Sometimes I need to look for a specific transaction but don't remember the exact date it occurred, so have to scroll through several pages to find what I'm seeking. A workaround is to export an Income Statement, then search or sort in Excel, but obviously that takes several extra steps and time. But since it's not costing me anything, this is a minor inconvenience.

Elly C.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

OBSESSED

From the beginning, it has been fantastic. I manage all of my business accounting through it. I don't even remember how I found it so many years ago, but I cannot say enough good things about it!

Pros

This makes my accounting SO EASY! Not only am able to easily keep track of my expenses and costs associated with my business, but I'm able to create, issue, and track invoices. AND, to top it off, the invoices are so nice looking (which, as a designer, is a big deal to me).

I can not only issue invoices, but track whether they have been opened, viewed, and/or paid. And when it comes to figuring out my taxes, the system makes it so simple to get whatever information I need.

Finally, while I don't use it yet, I will be enabling online payments this upcoming year so my customers can pay their invoices online. Based on my experience thus far, I have NO doubt it will be great!

Cons

This is a difficult one as I really don't have a dislike....

If I really think about it, I guess I wish I could have different addresses (for me) on difference invoices based on the customer. I have two locations so it would be nice to be able to just issue invoices with different business addresses based on the customer.

Mark B.

Reviewed on 12/08/2018

Small business accounting, invoicing, credit card processing for minimal cost

Pros

As many other reviews have stated, there is no subscription cost for Wave, which is great. There have been a number of features added to Wave since I started to use it, such as recurring invoicing/credit card processing and direct bank payments. Wave's support is helpful, money is transferred quickly, and my invoices look great.
I am providing a more detailed review than I did the first time, but I have "sung the praises" of Wave a few times. (Including on Twitter, and they promptly thanked me for it - they listen, which is great). Wave is Canadian, and they are based in Toronto, but that is only one reason I chose to work with their service. I have a couple of complaints about their service, but nothing serious enough which would cause me to switch services. The flexibility of PDF/web-based invoices is great, retains client details, and it just gets the job done for me as a freelancer.

Cons

On a few occasions, my invoices got picked up by my clients' spam filters, so I tend to use the PDF invoice option. Not a big issue, I've followed up on it. Also if I take payment through PayPal, I can get paid in US funds, but I have to invoice in Canadian funds only through Wave because my bank is in Canada (even if I have a US funds account). Oh well, again, no big deal.

Apparently, there is auto-reconcile of transactions through AI functionality in Wave's future, which will address another pet peeve I have, but again no big deal.

Reviewed on 10/03/2021

Intuitive to use, great features and integrations, yet not for everyone

Wave was a joy to use, and it's free unless you need payroll! This is an excellent option for small businesses and contractors to get accounting / invoicing services very inexpensively, however note there are caveats that make Wave unattractive to some.

Pros

The Wave interface is very intuitive to use, and there was no intimidation when dealing with complicated matters like invoicing or expense tracking. Out of the accounting services we tested, Wave had the best user interface. Additionally, the integrations with Zapier and PieSync are excellent.

Cons

Bank reconciliation is known to be inaccurate with Wave, with many reports that data doesn't sync with the bank for months at a time. This is likely due to the banks breaking the connection with Wave's 3rd party service (Plaid) on a regular basis, but ultimately this is out of Wave's control.

Angie R.

Reviewed on 24/07/2020

Excellent alternative to QuickBooks

I've had a very positive experience with Wave. As mentioned, I have used their paid and their free offerings and feel both are an excellent value. I think Wave offers a great way to save on a monthly subscription fee. Their customer service has been very helpful when I've had questions.

Pros

I use Wave for bookkeeping for our retail business as well as for consulting projects. It's easy to set up and is intuitive to use. Transactions are automatically imported and can be easily categorized. I also use Wave for our payroll (which is a paid service) - this was also easy to set up and Wave can manage sending in your employer taxes. Since I do not have a background in accounting, I also paid for a one-time session with a Wave accountant - this session was extremely helpful in ensuring I had my books set up correctly as we walked through my books in real-time and were able to identify necessary changes. I have never used another bookkeeping software, but I find that Wave meets all of our daily needs.

Cons

Because I use Wave for two different arms of my business, I do wish you could automatically move them between the businesses. Instead, you have to manually enter charges. For example, if I have a charge auto-import from my business card I have to create a few transactions to get them assigned to the correct business because I want P&L tracked separately.

Sheila B.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 08/04/2020

Wave makes accounting easy for everyone

We love this program and the fact that our employees find it very easy to use as well. We love the optional add ons that we might need in the future and will allow the program to grow with our business. I highly recommend this program to anyone needing a great program without the cost of the others.

Pros

This software is easy to learn and easy to use. We use it every day to invoice customers and keep up with balances due on accounts. We use it to send reminders when money is owed and to post payments on customer accounts.

Cons

There have been a few glitches where pages didn't load but we were able to get that resolved quickly by contacting customer support. A coupe of times it was due to our own system settings.

Jenny M.

Reviewed on 01/08/2018

What an amazing product!!!

Easy management of all financial needs for my not for profit; accounting, invoicing, billing, payment tracking, payroll management, finance management and receipts.

Pros

This accounting package is a fully functional, forever free, product that has turned me, a nuffer when it comes to bookkeeping/accounting to someone who almost knows what they are doing. I have ALWAYS avoided the finance side of the non for profit with which I work as a volunteer, but circumstances forced me to get at least a working knowledge and Wave has made it so easy. The package comes complete with accounting, invoicing, billing, payment tracking, payroll management, finance management and receipts. It also does bank reconciliations and lots of different reports. All of this was far more than we needed.
I read some of their FAQs then launched myself. Made some mistakes as I set up customers but was able to fix it fairly easily.
Our invoices look so professional now and I can schedule them to send reminders.
It links to over 90 banking institutions (ours included- yay!) and that has made tracking payments and and creating reports SO easy. The transaction stuff is easy to modify, and deposits can be split and allocated to the correct chart of accounts if they were all paid in one payment.
The income and expenses for your budget are easy to set up (chart of accounts) and it has things I definitely have no idea about like equity and assets!
You can add guest contributors, and allocated them ac
There is an option to use credit card payments. That is the only cost. We have chosen not to use that yet, but I think we will, moving forward.

Cons

You can upload a .cvs file with all your customers, but it has to be SO exact that I could not succeed at all and inputted my customers manually. As there were only about 60 it was not too bad.
Support were good, but slow, and I had done the manual input before they replied.

Richard T.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 09/10/2020

Excellent Program

I was looking for a program that let me build estimates and convert them to invoices without any hassle and this fit the bill. Once a client approves an estimate, I click a button and convert it to an invoice and the client pays online. I love the credit card processing. Even though the rate seems high, It's all done automatically and I do nothing to get paid. If I want instant payout, I click a button and the money is in my account a few minutes later, at a 1% fee.

Pros

I love the fact this is internet based and handles my credit card processing, estimates, invoicing, automatic billing etc. I love being able to import bank statements (or direct access to bank) and import information automatically.

Cons

It can be a little confusing understanding the different features and what they really mean. It's not very easy to look up a specific client and pull down an invoice for them and sometimes the clients ability to pay online is shut off for unknown reasons. It seems that happens if I use the invoicing app so I can submit invoices immediately to a client while onsite.

Jeff B.

Reviewed on 05/06/2019

Free and Simple Accounting Web Application

I was surprised that a fee accounting web application had all the features that I wanted. The Invoice, Client, and Product tools all worked as expected. I have not had a single issue in the past 7+ years of using this.

Pros

I do a small amount of freelance work in addition to my full time job. I was looking for a way to keep track of my hours and send invoices. I didn't need anything fancy, but a spreadsheet just wasn't cutting it. I wasn't making enough from freelancing to pay a lot for accounting software or an accounting service, but it was becoming a necessity.

I was surprised to find a free option that wasn't missing the features I needed. I have been using Accounting by Wave for over 7 years and Always recommend it to any freelancer that I meet.

Cons

There was a bit of a Learning Curve to this web application, but that may have just been with inexperience with any accounting application. Also I initially wasn't thrilled with the watermarks that go out on the invoices, but I was ultimately okay with this remembering that it is a free application.

Aka R.

Reviewed on 28/06/2020

Maintain healthy accounts with wave

I have been using wave for approx one year now to maintain a healthy cash flow report and I am loving it till now. I would recommend it to my friends who are looking for a quick and simple book of accounts on the cloud.

Pros

The ability to use it from anywhere if you have a mobile device, a laptop, or a desktop along with internet connection makes is a pro like feeling in itself. This is just not adding data here in the wave rather we can even maintain full journal records if you about the debit and credit nature of transactions. Also, we can use it as an invoicing tool and maintain all customer data adds up as a CRM facility to it.

Cons

The connection for syncing the bank account for auto-import of bank and card transactions fails quite often and I have to redo it again and again which makes me feel really bad as it is a tedious process.

Sarah P.

Reviewed on 06/03/2018

Great Web Based Accounting Solution for my Business

I now have a very clean and easy to understand accounting and invoicing software. It's a quick learn and easy and fast to use so I can focus on my clients.

Pros

I love that this is free and has the ability to do more complicated accounting that my business requires. It has a clean UI, the Receipts app works perfectly, and my client facing invoicing system looks professional. I love that I can set up recurring invoices, different rates for services, payment reminders to clients, and email confirmations of payment. The accounting side has the ability to create more detailed journal entries that my LLC / contractor based business has. And I can run very good reports for data that I need to monitor. And so far the entire software has every feature that I've needed.

Cons

When you go to create a new expense account, you can't just add a new one, you have to change the name of an existing option in their system. It's a bit weird and annoying, but small price to pay for free and useful software. Also I don't actually have Wave synced with my bank account. I did that initially, then realized if I load a receipt, it was double booking my entries (1. the receipt I uplodaded and 2. the transaction from my bank account). Turns out this is common with accounting softwares and most people I talked to don't sync their bank accounts for this very reason. Again, small price to pay for a great software, and it's really super quick for me to enter my transactions as my way of reconciling my bank account.

Reviewed on 20/12/2020

Accounting made easy for small businesses

As a finance manager, having tested a few product and finally landed on wave accounting software gives me all the confidence I need to perform my tasks.

Pros

Wave Accounting is very easy to use, has a very friendly user interface.
I'm even create invoices and track clients expenses with much accuracy.
It's is efficient and effective in its operations; this gives me value for my money. I love this software

Cons

For the fact that the benefits of wave accounting software are outrageous and cannot be overemphasized, the base challenge I currently have with Wave is that they have stop data integration. For this reason I have to perform some few tasks manually.
Working of this feature will be of great help to us.

Austin B.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 30/03/2021

Better at trust accounts than Quickbooks

I'm happy with how Wave has kept track of my separate accounts.

Pros

I like Wave because I can set my IOLA account up separately from my business account on the same login and for no additional cost.

Cons

Can't use the automatic banking feature if you have two-factor authentication activated. I don't know if this is something this company can solve, though.

Shelle P.

Reviewed on 08/12/2016

Very Powerful for the price!

Wave is a very powerful accounting program that syncs with your banking, giving you separate setups for your business and personal accounting with an ability to transfer transactions between. We all know we need to keep business and personal separate, but it happens at times - we throw in one business item in a cartful of personal ones!

Create estimates and turn them into invoices, allow online paying from your invoices - it is seriously a very powerful application. The one bad thing is that it can run a little slow, but they have made improvements several times since I started (2 years ago) and are always working on improvements (new UI launching soon and they just gave a preview with a survey for feedback).

Pros

- Free version lets you do everything except maybe payroll
- Sync with your banking
- Great estimates, invoicing and online payments
- Great reporting
- Ability to transfer transactions between personal and business accounting

Cons

- It doesn't "remember" your account categories for sync'd transactions
- A little slow
- If you don't understand basic accounting, you might need to sign up for a paid version to get the level of support you may need (according to some of my clients I've recommended it to)

Celine S.
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

I use this software for invoicing and credit card option for my clients, and I love it.

Pros

It's free (except for credit card usage and a few other things. It's professional, looks great and keeps things organized for me. I haven't used all the options, as I haven't needed to as yet, but I'm looking forward to using more of the tools available to me.
I can send invoices directly from the software or download a pdf and just attach it to an invoice. I can see if a client has opened and seen the invoice. It tells me what invoices are overdue, and I can send a reminder. I can customize the look with my logo, and my colour scheme. Once set up, it's so easy to use.

Cons

The receipt that you can send to your client to state that the invoice has been paid, is a bit cheesy. It has a PAID 'stamp' at the bottom, it kinda looks cheap, it could be classier.
Also, the 'services' sections, where you can put your services and the price, and select to place in the invoice is unalterable once used in an invoice. You can't remove it from the list, or else you will delete the invoice in question. My services list is soo long because of this and is annoying to find the correct one.

Damola B.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 03/03/2021

Easy Invoicing & Accounting

Wave is really beautiful to use and super-simple too. It has everything I have raved about and I can also collaborate with colleagues to send invoices from the very same company account.

Pros

Wave is the easiest and simplest tool I have ever used for invoicing. Plus, it comes free of charge. My best part of the tool is the UI. It's so easy and intuitive. Sometimes, I log in and it just feels like home. I also love the dashboard that lets me know what my receivables are, invoices with pending payments etc.

Cons

To be honest, I really don't know what not to like. Wave has been the best I have ever used, so I have nothing to compare it to. Besides, it solves the most important problem I love to solve around invoicing and follow-ups.

Sama A.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 24/02/2021

Surprised this is free

Excellent so far. Allows allowed us to achieve all needs

Pros

Given the features within this system, I’m surprised it’s free. I wish the coverage for payroll included Quebec otherwise we would have used that paying solution for sure

Cons

I have no negative feedback, maybe it would just be ideal to allow us to update the reports and configure it

Scott E.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 10/10/2017

It's free, which makes it great, but it's rather slow and not terribly intuitive

I don't have crazy complicated accounting needs, so Wave is perfect due to the fact that it's free and works well enough. Diving into other accounting software would only be worth it if you have a lot more transactions and more complicated tax scenarios, but if you don't then save your money and use Wave.

Pros

My favorite thing about Wave is that it's free, plain and simple. For any organization that doesn't have complicated books, Wave is a great option that gives you all of the basics. Hooking up accounts is easy, even exporting your financials for an account is relatively easy.

I also love their new invoicing platform. It makes nice looking invoices, and so we exclusively make our invoices through them now. We don't have high volume, but I'm happy I don't have to use an external additional piece of software to do invoices.

Cons

The UI is clunky, often slow, and labeling transactions is a chore. On Mint.com labeling and adjusting all your various transactions is really quite straight forward, but on Wave I gave up on it quite awhile ago. To be honest, the biggest issue can be boiled down to not having one option: "Always categorize this option as xyz"

What makes Mint.com WAY less tedious is that if I see "Google Apps Svc" on my transactions, I can change that to Software Expenses and hit a button that says "Always Categorize transactions from them as Software Expenses" - boom, never have to do it again.

With Wave, every single time it miscategorizes the same thing, you have to go in and change it to the right thing again. This makes it such a pain, so I have to set aside time every few months to go in and change the categories.

Sunil M.

Reviewed on 12/01/2018

Helpful for small businesses operating on simple structures.

Pros

- Ease of use (Menu and navigation is intuitive and well laid-out)
- Simple setup (this was incredibly straightforward to set up and connect the different financial accounts needed.)
- Direct point of contact for support (From the first day I could reach out to support with any questions)
- Electronic receipt upload/storage (This makes keeping receipts way easier to both track and expense correctly)
- Pre-generated reports make it easy to get started right out of the gate (this was VERY helpful as a startup business)
- Bank and Credit Card automatic import (This is a manual process in other software that I checked out, and the fact that this is included AND incredibly easy to set up is an huge win!)

Cons

- Central mobile app management is missing. (This would really push it all the way to 11 for me. Being able to keep tabs on the financial tracking from my phone or tablet would be way better than having to dig my laptop out of my bag to show a quick report or account balance.)

• Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Reviewed on 31/05/2021

Not made for Today's business market

Recommended by out bank, we tried them out. Big mistake. There is no telephone support, only chat support, which stops working about 30 minutes before closing time (they say they work 9-5 EST). Their process for us to start accepting credit cards took 3 months. Everytime we get paid online, funds get withheld until you provide supporting documentation which takes weeks to process and multiple, escalating questions. Overall, a waste of time with a system that was supposed to take the hassle out of online invoicing.

Pros

The app allows you to be able to keep track of your expenses on the go

Cons

Billing and payments: every time you get paid with their credit card system, they withhold payments until you provide supporting documentation and their back and forths take forever. You can also not connect other systems like PayPal or Stripe. So you are stuck with their merchant processing if you want to accept payments on the go.

Vincent po B.
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

Good accounting + invoicing app

Pros

I use Wave for one of my businesses and it makes accounting/bookkeeping very simple. I'm not an accountant nor do I have much financial acumen, so the easier it is to use the better.
It's great for sending automated recurring invoices to clients and gives me a nice simple snapshot of the business finances.

Cons

It can be a bit slow at times but overall relatively easy to use.