Fresha Reviews

About Fresha

Fresha is the world’s only subscription-free booking software for beauty and wellness businesses, trusted by over 100,000 salons, barbershops, spas, and more. Sign up to Fresha for free and manage all of your appointments, staff...

4.8
4.7
4.8

Browse Fresha Reviews

1,392 of 1,392 reviews

Reviewed on 15/03/2021

A great experience so far...

Pros

We switched from Booker, who we had been with for 8 years, and so far the experience has been great. I love that Fresha works great on all devices and that our customers can do pretty much anything from their phones, including make and amend bookings, complete consultation forms, add payment cards, see their history etc. It's easy for our customers to book and check availability with their favourite therapist in a few clicks. The integrated payment system is good value and Fresha provide everything .. so no separate card processing, payment gateways or machine rental charges. The UK support is helpful and friendly and there are lots of articles, videos etc to help you get set up.

Cons

New features are being added all the time (you can see what's planned on their community pages). Features not currently available but in an ideal world I would like are, the migration of appointment history and existing gift vouchers, discount codes that can be promoted to clients and entered online and more options for sending out emails along the lines of MailChimp. Some of these are planned so it's still a great choice.

Carley

Reviewed on 28/10/2022

Highly highly recommend fresha! Just try it out, you'll thank me later!

Love love love fresha! I'm not paying an arm and a leg and the people that work at fresha genuinely care about you and want to make your business grow. These are Canadian locals that want to help Canadian businesses. I recommend fresha to everyone who needs a booking software... They are just that great I want to support them like they support small businesses!

Pros

I'm somebody who has difficulty just using Google sometimes. Fresha is so easy to set up and use, everything is straightforward and uncomplicated. They're booking software is free to use and when you get their POS machine, and you will want to, you don't pay a monthly fee, just a tiny percent (like 2.6% or something close to it) on purchases made only with the POS machine.

Cons

There's nothing that I dislike but one suggestion I would make would be with the cancellation policy, I wish there was a way that you could make it so that you could pick and cost different parts of each tier of the cancellation policy.. something light like if they rebook or cancel 24 hours before their appointment there is no penalty but a no-show gets charged 50% of what their bill was going to be.

Booker and Jane

Reasons for Switching to Fresha

I was just starting up my spa, didn't have a lot of money to spend on Spa booking software after everything I had paid out for all of my products and furniture, when I discovered how cheap it would be to have their POS machine, I had to contact them because their pricing seems too good to be true. They were just a company that were wanting to help smaller businesses and after trying them for over 6 months I couldn't possibly imagine some other Spa software, better than fresha just doesn't exist.
Carly

Reviewed on 21/09/2022

A nightmare transition

It was a terrible transition and we received little customer support. Our clients have rejected the software, people really hated the experience during the transition. I think maybe if you're starting fresh, it would be a good solution - but for an established business? Skip it. I'm going back to mangomint.

Pros

I was drawn in by the supposed "free" price and the integrations with Google and Facebook booking. I liked that my clients were able to buy packages online as well.

Cons

We are getting complaints from many clients about the amount of notifications they are receiving. One of our clients told us she received 4 reminders yesterday all within half an hour, and 2 today.
Clients are also complaining that they are receiving excessive reminders about completing their intake forms through Fresha.
Our clients also dislike the 4-digit verification necessary to charge a card on file.
It's extremely inconvenient for both us and our clients that clients can no longer tip from gift cards.
Just a bit of feedback for you from our transition: it has been rough. It's been rough on us, it's been rough on my staff, and it's been rough on our clients. The monthly memberships in particular have been extremely frustrating to convert for everyone involved. We have even lost a few long-standing members because of the frustration caused by the transition. I would suggest creating a better process to allow future businesses to transfer these memberships more easily. A feature that would help immensely would be being able to set the renewal date to a date in the future. It would also help a lot if we could manually input credit card details. I understand that the current configuration is more secure, however, it's been a very frustrating process requiring a lot of labor hours, back-and-forth with our clientele, and sustained dedication from my amazing front desk manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT].

Meevo, Phorest and Squire

Reasons for Choosing Fresha

Fresha offered a few more features than mangomint that I was looking for - such as sales of memberships and packages online, integrations with Facebook and Google for booking, and an integrated marketing suite.

Mangomint

Reasons for Switching to Fresha

I liked their pricing and the initial demo call was great. Customer service evaporated after that, though.

Top Fresha Alternatives

Acuity Scheduling

DaySmart Salon

Kitomba Salon and Spa Software

Jessica
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 12/03/2021

BADASS company and customer service!!

Pros

We all have to like customer service! They are so fast at we replying normally within a day if not hours! I have NEVER dealt with anyone rude (I go to them more than I should, I'll just say I'm total computer dumb), and they legit send me step by step instructions with little picture of icons that help me with every step of whatever I need that go around! I LOVE EVERYTHING about this software and I LOVE watching software grow with what the CUSTOMERS are wanting! THAT IS RIGHT THEY LISTEN TO US CUSTOMERS WITH VOTES!!! Just go head and get it, you won't be disappointed, and you can thank me later! SERIOUSLY go ahead.....your seconds away from so much stress taken off of you by software you can actually understand, let alone your clients will LOVE the conformation text, a day before text, and I have mine set to 2 hour before reminder! They LOVE IT TOO!

Cons

Absolutely NO CONS! They are working on the software ALL the time! LEGIT, LOOOOOOVE THIS SOFTWARE AND THE BADASS COUSTOMER SERVISE! You're already missing out if you haven't already clicked to sign up!

Simple Salon, Square Point of Sale, DaySmart Salon and Rosy

Reasons for Choosing Fresha

Ugh, their rates went up crazy for 1/3 of the options that Fresha has. An their customer service was days if not weeks wait (Like I would have to read my question because I forgot what I even sent. SMH) FRESHA ALL THE WAY!!! Are you still reading this or have you clicked "SIGN UP"!?

Booker

Reasons for Switching to Fresha

Fresha actually answered all my questions (at the time) BEFORE I even got the software! Fresha puts their customers needs and questions first, you feel like apart of their team as your voice and votes actually matter! I LOVE ME SOME FRESHA, AND THE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

LIGHTYEARS AHEAD OF THE COMPETITION

I made the switch from Mind Body, and within days, my whole team absolutely fell in love with it. Afterwards, my clients have now done the same

Pros

The interface for both clients and operators, it's smooth and never glitchy, it's EASY as can be, the price is unbeatable, and the customer service is excellent.... Like a Tesla, this is software that gets BETTER overtime. Can't wait to see where it goes!

Cons

Still waiting to find one. I suppose the marketing items could be expanded, but they keep us posted about that which is very nice.

Boulevard

Reasons for Choosing Fresha

Mindbody was horrendous in nearly everyway, and on top of it, more expensive - which is laughable.

Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Fresha

Features, innovation, cost, integration.

Reviewed on 05/02/2024

Scammed by Fresha

Fresha is taking over a fifth of our earnings and not responding to our messages.

Pros

System is pretty easy to use however Fresha has scammed us by placing a book now button on our website which sends customers to fresha.com marketplace to create a Fresha account and take more than a fifth of our earnings. Fresha is not replying to our messages.

Cons

Fresha put a 'Book Now' button on our website that directs customers to Fresha com marketplace. This means every new client we get, which is most of them being in a tourist place, have to create a Fresha account and we get charged 20%. In effect Fresha is taking more than a fifth of our earnings! They are yet to respond to our messages.

Rachel
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 01/12/2020

Going Live with On Line Booking

Pros

The Customer Service. Hands down the most outstanding customer service . Fresha is there to answer questions, provide training, assistance and follow through with genuine care and dedication to make your scheduling, on line booking and marketing successful. We are very pleased with the outstanding
investment Fresha has brought our Company.
The software is very user friendly. Our guests have loved the on line booking upgrade which has increased our sales and made it more convenient our guests to have options and information about the service and treatments that we provide.

Cons

We wish we would have launched Fresha Plus sooner.

Emily
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 31/03/2020

Fantastic!!

Loved it!

Pros

I love that Fresha is simple and easy to use. Coming from a much more complicated system like MINDBODY, Fresha was so wonderfully easy to figure out and implement. Customer service has always been so kind and responsive and happy to help. I love this software and am So grateful for how they have supported me during the challenges of COVID-19.

Cons

I have been with them for a few years so like any software it has been a gradual build with new features. Online processing/sales and gift cards weren’t always a feature but they are so great at listening to the needs of their customers and making upgrades.

Vincent
Vincent
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 06/12/2019

The best

Pros

I am a professional in hairdresser and I highly recommend this booking system.
easy to custom or to use. It does what you looking for.
Vincent hair passion.

Cons

Should be able to have more pictures, it is limited to 4 on the venue.
And please if you could add some pictures for each services would be fantastic!

Andrei

Reviewed on 10/05/2019

Best App for appoitments

Good customer service and great features

Pros

It's simple and efficient. Has all the features we needed
Getting appointments /cancel / no show / selling products / more than one stylist with no extra costs

Cons

Sometimes has a slightly delay - 2-3seconds

Booksy

Reasons for Switching to Fresha

Free and has all the features we need for our barbershop

Response from Fresha

<3 <3 <3

Replied 14/05/2019
Kellisha

Reviewed on 05/01/2024

Poor customer care

Horrible can never reach anyone

$200 balance that 90% should not be charged for

Pros

Nothing. Dishonest company. Can never talk to a real person to get things resolved. They charges things by fraud

Cons

Dishonesty. Charge for things they should not. They book fake appointments to collect 20%. They charge for existing clients. Too many glitches and always an excuse like the owner is using links incorrectly. So they have a link that no mater who schedules from it, we are charged 20%
I’ve emailed 5 times in a week and have asked for someone to call and have yet to get a response

Frank

Reviewed on 17/03/2021

Fresha - Salon Management software

All businesses need systems, simple systems work best, just the accounting integration. They get that right, they will have an absolute winner

Pros

scheduling, invoicing, inventory management and marketing. Has good CRM capabilities

Cons

No accounting software integration, tedious/cumbersome CSV export

Rasima

Reviewed on 08/12/2022

Great company to work with.

I have been confused about the fees and how is been charged. But, it's been sorted out and clarified to me.

Pros

It's very easy to use Fresha. I like to keep it everything organized.

Cons

Sometimes happens that I am confused with some of the features, but it's easy to find out the solution.

Treatwell

Reasons for Switching to Fresha

Because, it's easier to use and it's more organized.
Dylan

Reviewed on 05/04/2019

All Around Great Company/Brand

Not only do they have great software, but they have an amazing culture. I saw an advertisement for them, commented on my experience with their product, and congratulated them on their exposure and success.

They sent me a PERSONAL message. Emoji’s and everything! In response to that comment.

They are getting everything right.

Pros

This software is very user friendly:

Simply organized- Uses basic interfacing structure that makes everything easy to find, allowing us to perform tasks efficiently and easily, and it very easy to train staff.

Easy on the eyes- I am a people person, not a technology person. I don’t like the big flashy nonsense, crazy fonts and colors and the disappearing and reappearing functions on some of these “modern” software systems. Those things are great for advertising, not great for integrating business software. Everything is plainly labeled, all your options are programmed in an easy to search dropdown menu, and it doesn’t over stimulated your brain. Good things are built on perfecting the basics, and these guys have just about done it.

Takes the load off by enhancing customer service- In the past I have had to take on the time consuming task of sending reminders to each client/customer scheduled personally. As a professional who strives for customer service perfection, knowing that rep sends auto-confirmation and 24 hour reminders relieves a lot of stress. All I have to do is input the correct basic information, then Shedul takes it from there.

Cons

Honestly I have not found something negative about using this software. I am not the one who customizes our particular account, I am a user only. However, from a user perspective at least, this software hits all the check marks.

Response from Fresha

<3 <3

Replied 21/05/2019
Kimberley

Reviewed on 17/03/2021

Excellent booking system, helpful knowledgable staff, a must for any beauty business

Just wanted to give my feedback to anyone who may be on the fence about upgrading to the paid version of Fresha. I had a call 2 weeks ago about the changes and arranged a face to face call with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] last Friday. I was initially scrambling to look at other systems and went into the meeting with a notepad full of reasons why I didn’t want to upgrade. Don’t get me wrong, I am so grateful to have had a free system for 4+ years but I felt if I had to pay for it I needed it to work for better for my business .
[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was incredible, he was so patient with me, helped me work through all my problems (mostly user error🤭) and went through Fresha plus with me. I’m currently using square and switching to Fresha plus terminal will leave me better off, I will pretty much make up the cost of the terminal in a week. The marketing section blew my mind, it’s going to entirely change the way I run my business in the click of a few buttons. The no show protection is going to also make a huge difference in the everyday running of my business.
I realised that I have a support person there for whatever I need, any issues I had or have going forward I have a contact from Fresha who is there to help make my business run smoother and more efficiently. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] knowledge of the system is 2nd to none and being a sole trader it’s quite nice knowing I have someone at the back end ready to help. Lean on these people, they are a wealth of knowledge.
I highly recommend the upgrade!

Pros

It makes my business run more efficiently, at a higher profit and a seamless experience for my clients. Everything about this system just works, the team have done an excellent job.

Cons

5 years in and haven't come across anything I don't like yet, their system is constantly evolving and they take feedback and requests from clients VERY seriously (ie. they make the changes needed)

Belinda

Reviewed on 24/01/2023

Fantastic system for any business!

It’s fantastic, have recommended it to many and had some friends sign up over the last few years. You can modify your system to be as simple or complicated as you want to with treatments, services, products, commission for staff, reminders, text or email promotions honestly the perks are endless!

Pros

Fresha is a fantastic program and I have been using it now for over 2 years. I have been very happy with the system since moving over from Timely. I have contacted customer service a few times and they have always been amazingly accommodating.

Cons

I only have one little bit of feedback, it would be great to be able to select some Treatments being only available on certain days but all in all great program.

Square Point of Sale

Cheaper fees

Timely
anoosheh

Reviewed on 05/07/2023

Scammers and dishonest

Do not trust this company with your credit card!Fresha was free until it wasn't. I started with Fresha when it was free. after building up over 3000 clients on their software, they started makin shady charges to my card. for example, I started asking to store credit card info for NEW clients. but they started charging my existing clients. They claimed it was a glitch in their system. So, I reversed that feature. then, when I restarted capturing CC's, they started charging 20cents per credit card capture. Then They started charging a percentage of charges at check out IF the booking was made through "their marketplace". But a client booked by clicking on my google ad (which already costs a lot), but now they are charging my credit card a ridiculous 20% for that client, claiming it was booked through their market place! Do Not trust Fresha. very shady and dishonest practices.Do Not Trust Fresha. They will use shady tactics to charge your card, and You have absolutely no way to defend yourself.

Pros

easy to use, and relatively easy to set up.

Cons

1. dishonest about why they charge your credit card2. constantly thinking of new ways to charge you3. Credit cards captured for no shows, frequently say "insufficient funds" and no customer service help, and in some cases say "code sent to client" to allow us to charge for the no show! Just laughable.4. Nickle and diming for everything for their "Free" app, and shady charges

Mohamed

Reviewed on 23/11/2021

Amazing Software

Pros

For someone who is looking for a comprehensive, user-friendly, and inexpensive software solution for their business, Fresha is the easy answer.

I love how they constantly introduce updates that come directly from their customers’ feedback. I love how they treat you like a real partner every single time you ask for help.

I have used quite a few business softwares over the years; and I don’t think any of them comes even close to Fresha in terms of ease of access, value for money, or even detailed reports.

Cons

Some features take some time to get introduced. But hey, they’re coming.

Booker

Book4Time

Carla

Reviewed on 23/03/2021

Life saving system

Very happy, wouldn’t mind if it was a bit more affordable for people small like me but I’m happy and grateful for having the system for free.
I also would like to mention [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] the lady assigned for my area for her phone call yesterday, no hard sell at all, just wanting to know me and my view on Fresha and also offered to help me with the system to see what else I could benefit from, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] knows that I can’t afford at the moment the subscription and still was very kind offering to look what else I can do with my free account, was lovely and very pleasant to me. Thank you [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and hope you get this review

Pros

I’ve been with Fresha from the beginning, used to be called shedull. I thought it was to good to be true, free for life?! What was the catch I thought? NONE! Yes free! For me the system it’s just amazing, from online bookings, text and email confirmations for clients, costumer service when I have doubts they are fast with solutions and explanations. I don’t use all of the features as I’m happy with what I’ve got, however if I was to grow my business for sure I would sign up for the rest of the features... only can say good things because it’s been very good for me. Highly recommend it.

Cons

I can’t fault anything... like I said above I do t use the whole systems fully...

Emily

Reviewed on 21/11/2023

Excellent System to book appointments and manage your salon

Great thank you, think I've covered everything in the feedback but thank you for all your hard work and friendly emails they are so appreciated.

Pros

Very easy to use, not too fussy and also very comprehensive. They are a forward thinking company and rarely stand still and the competition changes. I love the little notification bell which comes up with all their new features as they arrive. Some nice little surprises there! I love that they listen to us as the customers and take on board what we say. Love the new Gift Cards by the way!

Cons

Nothing really to dislike but it could be worth considering adding an option on the Blast messages where you send one email then a reminder email goes out a few days later or when you want to send it automatically. Could work well for Black Friday for example when everyone's trying to get customer's attention! Could do a package where the second email is a bit cheaper than the first if you want to re-send.

Tamar

Reviewed on 09/03/2021

Makes my life so much easier & efficient

Pleased with the all round system and will continue to partner with them until I’m not. Or that they start to fall behind what is needed in their system to run my business to the best of its ability. Right now they are doing a great job and moving forward. And this is accompanied with fab customer service. So just keep doing what you’re doing.

Pros

I initially joined as the set up was free. After using this free account to run my salon for a couple years I decided to upgrade to Fresha plus to receive the extra features that will be beneficial to my business. Customer service through messenger and once assigned an advisor was great. Very helpful and attentive.

Cons

I know the team are constantly working on new features to launch, however I’m impatient and sometimes wish they could work a bit quicker. I’m desperate for the consultation forms feature to be finalised so I can use it for all my services which is so important to have in the beauty/aesthetic industry. I also hope their targets can turn into actual dates to adhere to. The social media pages say things are coming but we have no time scale and sometimes waiting seems like forever. These are minor things though with what they have achieved up to now. I’d also like to be able to control how many of each service can be booked in one day or back to back, a cut off point so to speak of certain treatments.

Lam

Reviewed on 19/07/2023

Used to be good

Im a fan and a loyal, but looking for alternative.

Pros

Fresha got 5 stars before it gets to good. They promised to be FREE FOR LIFE for all members in the begining. They have sms and email reminders free in the begining. Businesses are happy with it and gave them 5 stars in the early stage. Ive been using it for 7 years, we put so much effort and feedback to help them grow.

Cons

As they get better, they start charging businesses too much and greedy.1-Text messages are not unlimited anymore as promised, they start limiting down each month less and less. So we buy more reminder TEXT each month. That's fair. BUT2-Clients found us from FRESHA market= WE being charged 20% of the services they booked. Clients never howed up or cancel, we los the money. Economy is bad already, this is the last draw.We salons earn by % of services and carry a lot of fees, but this is ridiculous

Bernard

Reviewed on 16/02/2023

Efficient Scheduling and Booking Solution

The software has helped streamline my business and made it easier to manage appointments and clients. The payment processing feature has also been convenient for both me and my customers. The support team is responsive and helpful when I have questions or need assistance. I recommend Fresha to any business looking for a comprehensive and easy-to-use platform for managing their appointments and customers.

Pros

Fresha is a great software for businesses looking to manage their appointments and customers. The platform is easy to use and navigate, making it simple to book appointments and manage the schedule. The software's features are extensive, including a booking system, online payment processing, and even marketing tools. The mobile app is also convenient and useful for managing appointments on-the-go.

Cons

The online booking system can be confusing for some customers. It may take some time for them to get used to the process and understand how to book appointments through the platform. Additionally, some features may require some technical knowledge to set up, which could be challenging for some users.

Ocean

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

Best of the best

I have a learning disability. I have to see step by step what’s in front of me. My business is my art. It’s not numbers and spreadsheets. Fresha does the hard part for me and it’s free.
I don’t have a receptionist so fresha is mine.
I raised my prices a little to cover the transaction fees which are not much at all.
I love fresha I’m so happy with everything they do and have done for me. They really do want you to be successful. I know it feels like you’re all alone when starting a business by yourself, but fresha is like the big bother you never knew you needed. I can’t thank y’all enough for keeping me on track!!!

Pros

I like that clients get updates about up services.
I also like the reports it generates. My tax spread sheets are easy to do I just plug in the numbers.
I like that clients have to book with a card prior to seeing me. It insures me that no one is going to be wasting my time. I love the fresha team and all the support the pour over my head like my fairy god mother’s. Any minor inconvenience I’m going to reach out. They responded and resolved immediately. And I’m back to being a confident business owner. Ever since I’ve started using fresha my business in flourishing.

Cons

I’m just waiting for the membership to roll out!!!
I know it’s coming soon.

Jessica
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Reviewed on 10/09/2023

Amazing experience!

Very good.

Pros

We have now used fresha since 18months. It has been such a great journey. [sensitive content hidden], our assigned fresha partner, is an absolute ANGEL. He has supported us and helped us ease so many situations that I don't know how we would've managed without him. His presence has been so important that we surely feel as if he is a team member of our business. Thank you [sensitive content hidden] for all you knowledge, passion and sincere care and thank you to the fresha team for working so hard in delivering us so many great tools to keep on expanding our business. 🤗

Cons

Group bookings needs to be released as soon as possible.