Revver Reviews

About Revver

Revver helps transform burdensome document-dependent work into impactful and empowering results. Our goal is to help companies transform their business quickly by powering document work, enabling teams to work collaboratively on...

Browse Revver Reviews

Eileen
Eileen
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 28/04/2023

Powerful document management and collaboration

This is a solid and functional platform for document management and team collaboration. Its versatility and useful features make it a valuable tool for any office manager. It would be useful to further explore its capabilities and consider implementing it in project management and internal workflows.

Pros

I have been impressed by its wide range of collaboration and document management tools. Its ability to assign access permissions at different levels and version tracking makes it easy for me to maintain control over shared information. Real-time editing features allow team members to work together on a single document, which streamlines communication and improves productivity. The built-in chat function is also useful for real-time discussions. The option of predefined, customizable templates saves time in document creation.

Cons

The user interface design and experience could be improved, as some menus and options can be confusing for new users.

Philip

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

Excellent way to go paperless

The tech support staff at eFile Cabinet has been great to work with when any issues have asrisen. As a CPA tech support is everything and if you can't support your product in a timely fashion the product is worhtless.

Pros

Easy to use, secure storage of client. I wanted my data management system to be separate from my tax software should I ever want to change company's. Also from previous experiences I need a company that would stand behind their product and was large enough to be around in the future.

Cons

After buying a license with annual support I was forced to switch to an annual renewal. Shades of Microsoft & Adobe with monthly/annual subscriptions. So as long as you don't mind and annual subscription . . . . . .

Response from Revver

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this review, we very much appreciate the feedback and look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business!

Replied 16/08/2019

Reviewed on 09/12/2016

Please contact me to explain if your software will improve

Our investment into eFileCabinetOnline has not produced what we had expected and what we had discussed when the product was pitched to us. The functionality lags way far behind our predecessor ShareFile. The linking between EFCO and SecureDrawer is great except there are so many limitations and issues with the new version of SecureDrawer that many of our professionals and many of our clients at times dread using your product (which affects our business). The fact that versioning still gets displayed in England time in EFCO is a joke. When we called it was said this will hopefully be worked on but not likely in the old Out of Browser EFCO. I understand upgrading to the newest versions because we did that immediately with SecureDrawer due to the catastrophic issues with your products and Silverlight which cost our firm a lot of money trying to use the product and dealing with our client's issues accessing files. Anyways, we switched over to the new SecureDrawer and permissions all changed for our administrative staff, there are fewer options to be able to customize who has access to what, and we can't even use the filter search to find drawers unless we have already scrolled down to that area of the alphabet both on the left and middle panes of the product. When I called support, I was told it was "on the list" but likely wouldn't be addressed soon because of all the issues with the rollout of the new version (this was in mid-June 2016 and there's still no improved functionality....) Other items you may want to consider when I compare you to ShareFile. Your notifications no longer provide much detail that is helpful. It would be helpful to know what folder of a drawer a file was uploaded to or downloaded from. Another area ShareFile has a leg up on you is that you could send an email to a guest user along with a link to the specific folder in their drawer that you would like them to upload files to (it helps greatly with administration). Their batch uploads were much more efficient and worked more often than yours do. On the eFileCabinet side, I will investigate the newer version along with sidekick to hopefully see that resolution to issues in the old version was addressed but based on our experience with your products that's unlikely. I apologize for the tone of this experience, but I have lost numerous hours and our firm has lost money related to dealing with issues related to your software. I would greatly appreciate a call from anyone from EFCO.

Pros

You can link SecureDrawer to eFileCabinet. And you can access from virtually anywhere

Cons

Our investment into eFileCabinetOnline has not produced what we had expected and what we had discussed when the product was pitched to us. The functionality lags way far behind our predecessor ShareFile. Versioning doesn't work in eFileCabinet. Filtering doesn't work in SecureDrawer, you cannot download multiple files or sometimes upload multiple files at once without issues or errors. Permissions in SecureDrawer do not have many options. Notifications are in general not helpful. SecureDrawer itself is not as good as Citrix's ShareFile for example wherein ShareFile you can direct a guest user to a specific folder with a direct link. When they click the link they can log in and find themselves in the exact folder or subfolder in which to upload. You also could have different permissions for different subfolders instead of only being able to change permissions at the drawer level. Overall the cons definitely outweigh any pros we have experienced.

Top Revver Alternatives

Mike

Reviewed on 01/04/2020

Good product, WAY too expensive

Overall, I had many customers using efile, not it is down to 2, and they will not renew at the next renewal. The cost is just too high for the service provided.

Pros

The searchablity and security, data can't be compromised by a virus

Cons

There are bugs that may or may not get fixed during an update, and they don't know why.

WORLDOX GX

Reasons for Switching to Revver

At the time it was a one-time purchase with yearly maintenance.

Response from Revver

Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review, we appreciate the feedback.

Replied 12/06/2020
Peter
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

EFilecabinet-My thoughts

I liked the concepts but unless you have structured the meta data correctly and in detail (lots of it) then your ability to search for words or phrases within your document database could be restricted but it depends on what outcomes you are trying to achieve.

Pros

Setup was easy.
Structure of Cabinets, Drawers, Folders and files easy for users to understand.

Cons

No ability to search within documents when doing a search at a top level (ie from a cabinet or draw or folder.

Microsoft SharePoint

Reasons for Switching to Revver

Liked the way the document library was structured for users.

Response from Revver

Thanks for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we really appreciate your review!

Replied 07/08/2019
Steven
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 23/04/2020

Using eFileCabinet

I am very happy with the use of this product. It is easy to use.

Pros

I like to ability to share files with co-workers, especially since we are working at home instead of the office do to COVID-19. It is very easy to use.

Cons

The only issue I have is the sidekick feature. It does not recognize my password and I have just given up using that feature.

Response from Revver

It's great to hear how eFileCabinet has been able to help your business through the COVID-19 pandemic, we're grateful for a customer like you and appreciate your review!

Replied 17/06/2020
April
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

Super easy system

Pros

This is a very user friendly, intuitive system to use. I love easily being able to drag files over to upload, or send an email to the system. Sidekick makes it simple to upload and search for files. We also found this to be a low cost system compared to others that we looked into.

Cons

There is nothing that comes to mind about eFile Cabinet..

Response from Revver

Wow, thank you so much for taking the time to leave us with this great review. It's wonderful to hear that you love the user-friendly interface. Thanks so much for your feedback.

Replied 13/12/2019

Reviewed on 10/03/2020

Accounting firm use

Our filing and saving of documents is no longer an issue, for the most part our clients have been able to upload documents without issues.

Pros

The integration process was very easy. The functionality of the software in our everyday use is amazing and makes our jobs easier

Cons

Some of the components are not very easy to figure out, I have had to call a few times to try and figure out how to use them.

Response from Revver

Thank you for taking the time to leave us your feedback, we appreciate your review!

Replied 12/03/2020
Adam
Adam
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 08/02/2019

Great Platform for Date Keeping

Pros

We love the ease of the software. The employees and I are able to maneuver easily through the program and locate everything we need to find. We like that it alerts us to check the files back in if we happen to leave them open while working on another project. Additionally, we enjoy the scanning features to be able to speed up the process of data entry.

Cons

It took awhile for us to get our efile scanner setup. We were not able to set it up ourselves, we had to contact the support desk, however, in the end we got it set up, and have no issues.

Response from Revver

Thank you so much for leaving this review. It's great to hear that you enjoy the scanning features and that our services have been able to help speed up data entry for your company. Our customer success team is always here to support your needs if you have any further questions or need further assistance. We're excited to continue support for the success of your business.

Ahmad Farhad
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 01/12/2023

Manage Employee Documents!

This product is great!! We have been having our documents saved and stored for whenever we need to use them. More than that, we use this for my hiring process of new employees too, to send offers & approvals, get documents signed, and storage them. Thank you, Revver!

Pros

Our business uses this tool for managing the employees' documents, storing them, and getting digital signatures if needed. We also use it for the automation of sending documents or letters at specific times with specific response actions. Our HR team gets much more time with this tool and we have been getting good results in our business.

Cons

The product is wonderful, we're happy with the features it has. We haven't had any issues with using it.

Vicky
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 31/08/2021

Ok software with so-so customer support.

I like the software, it has a ton of potential, just still a lot of bugs and glitches that are frustrating and counter productive, especially on Mac.

Pros

It is a great software for document management, version control and document sharing. It has been very useful for our 5 employee team.

Cons

Customer service is so-so and since the software doesn't work very well on Mac, we've encountered many issues over the year we've used it. It is unfortunate because it works very well on PC and if they could make it as good on Mac it would be amazing.

My biggest issue is that it is sold as Mac compatible, but every time we run into an issue on Mac, the help desk always struggles to help us. For example, we haven't been able to use the software properly for over a month now and the problems still haven't been fixed, which is very frustrating.

Ideagen Quality Management

Reasons for Switching to Revver

From the demo, it seemed to do what we needed for a price we could afford.
stephen

Reviewed on 27/08/2016

One of my Most Valuable Tools

I stumbled upon this software while searching for a better paperless solution in my office when I learned that my tax software would no longer support their own document management system. They recommended another system, which I found wholly inadequate, both from the standpoint of transitioning and customer care, both of which were less than adequate. When I discovered Efile Cabinet, I found a solution that offered more than I was even looking for and included a level of customer support that I have found to be extremely responsive, considerate and very helpful. I also had an experience where my hard drive crashed and the tech support at Efile Cabinet helped me to restore everything from Cloud view on to my desktop, so I was up and running again in very little time.

Pros

This software has so many features and offers far more than what I ever expected - including the ability to preserve all items in the cloud automatically, the app to be able to retrieve, alter and transmit documents from anywhere with ease and the Secure Drawer option that allows me to share files with my clients back and forth. There are many training videos available, so I'm able to get answers to my questions easily and when I can't figure something out, the tech support is readily available to me. In short, this software is one of the most important tools I use in my office.

Cons

I wish the software had a direct connection to my tax prep software so I could print tax returns directly to client folders, but that's more a function of the tax software than Efile Cabinet, so I can't really hold it against them. It's really the only thing that I don't like, and it's a small thing relative to all the good things.

Response from Revver

We're excited to hear that eFileCabinet is one of the most valuable tools around your office. We strive to provide strong support for eFileCabinet users and look forward to continuing to provide support for the success of your business.

Janice

Reviewed on 07/10/2021

Zonal OCR - eFile Cabinet's best feature that we can't use

Great support from the SALES people in terms of getting you set up with basic access to your account. Nothing special after that. The software is WAY overpriced if all you need to do is provide online access to documents. The only reason we would consider renewing is if we were provided the cooperation and adequate assistance from tech support to properly train users on Zonal OCR, rather than being made to feel like you're the last person they feel like talking to. Or, FIX the software so that you don't have to spend so much time teaching non programmers how to use it.

Pros

The software has a lot of great features, such as easily being able to manage user access to documents, ease of creating files, uploading, downloading, etc. I really like the Rubex icon which can easily be added to the "ribbon" dashboard in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.

Cons

There are several different choices available to businesses today that offer the same basic features and functions offered by eFile Cabinet for a fraction of the cost. The cabinet structure is extremely limited, and the icons for cabinets and drawers (ugly gray block looking thing) look way too much alike, causing confusion for new users. E-File Cabinet's Zonal OCR is what could potentially separate them from their competitors, and is in my opinion, the BEST and most AMAZING tech tool available for those who need to file mass amounts of documents (Invoices from hundreds of vendors in our situation). I used the word potentially because, unless you are a programmer, trying to set up templates for Zonal OCR is beyond challenging. And though the sales staff will taught that their tech staff is supportive, my experience has been that they are less than thrilled at having to spend time on the phone tutoring non techies on how to set up templates. In a nutshell, don't offer or advertise a feature of your software that can't be used by non programmers. This could EASILY be fixed by adding simple user friendly radio buttons (steps) that non programmers could follow through and understand.

Reviewed on 22/02/2019

A Great Solution for Your Paperless Business

Really helpful with productivity in establishing workflow. Extremely quick to enable answering factual client questions without having to call them back. Technical support has been great over about 5 years of using the software.

Pros

The "templates" feature enables you to create folder structures for each client as well as pre-defined names of documents to be stored. Every client folder is then standardized in structure. This feature enables creation of document workflow without needing to create a massive bookmarked pdf that might be susceptible to file corruption. The "Logs" feature is really helpful to locate items I may have stored in the wrong client folder.

Cons

What's not to like? I can think of two minor complaints I suppose. I am a heavy pdf bookmark user. EFC allows creation of bookmarks without having to "check out" the file but sometimes the bookmarks don't "stick." I get around this by checking out the document, bookmarking it and then checking the document back in. "Checking in" and "checking out" is a very easy process. Second minor complaint is that when I want to apply a template (I have multiple templates), the dialog box always pre-selects the first template on the list and I have to "de-select" it.

Response from Revver

Wow, thank you so much for leaving us a great review and for taking the time to give your feedback. We're glad to hear that you love our templates feature and that our product has helped your business establish a workflow. We look forward to continuing to support the success of your company.

Jacqueline

Reviewed on 09/12/2016

Great storage option!

I do love the integration between other software and eFileCabinet so that you can easily bring in the documents. Over the years that I have had eFileCabinet, I have really liked it, however, the pricing is getting a lot more expensive. Also some of the features, I have had a bit of trouble figuring out how to use. Some are features that I only use once in awhile as so I forget hour to use them - like purge, unpurged, and templates. But overall the software is great, just getting a bit pricey.

Pros

Love the sync with SecureDrawer!

Cons

Trying to use some of the features - Templates is a big one, I set up a couple of templates awhile ago, but I remember it was not the easiest thing. I now need to edit those templates and don't have the time to dig in to see how to do that. Also, I do not understand how to CHECK OUT something, edit it and put it back. I am always having to save it on my desktop and re-import. Also, it would be nice if you could put notes right on the document or at least make the notes more visible. Right now with the notes being on a separate tab they do not stand out that there are even notes there so that is a bit frustrating. Also, I have an old client that has now come back and started working with me. I set their file to purge and cannot seem to get the purge off of the file, so I am going to have to manually pull all the documents out and create another file. Also, it is getting quite expensive for a small business like mine. I am going to have to, unfortunately, look into other alternatives.

Priscilla

Reviewed on 07/08/2019

Finding documents

Ease of retrieval, ease of filing, quick review of documents in a file. We have a client portal as part of our web site so we don't use the secure drawer feature.

Pros

I love the OCR feature. If I know I've written an article or written a letter to IRS on a subject and I don't remember who the client was or when the article was written, putting in the key words brings up the appropriate documents. It is easy to re-title documents and storage is easy. We have e-file cabinet icons on excel, word and e-mail. Just click on the icon when you want to file something and it brings you to e-file cabinet, select the correct file and click save and your done. I am from the paper filing era and the time savings on not having to locate misfiled documents is a cost savings for the firm. We scan all documents as they arrive and because we have a standardized naming convention, everyone knows what is available. It is also easy to drag and drop if you receive a pdf.

Cons

We have a file structure that uses cabinets for current clients and former clients and it is not as easy as some of the other operations to move drawers.

Response from Revver

It's so great to hear how the OCR feature is able to help support your role, and we love to be a part of your business's success! Thanks for taking the time to leave us this wonderful review!

Replied 16/08/2019
JEFFREY

Reviewed on 18/06/2019

Original user

Pros

I purchased E file cabinet when it was first developed. I have used the original version because I do not use Microsoft office. The later versions require Microsoft Office to age maximum benefit and data encryption from the product. As a single practitioner I do not need encryption.

So if you are considering purchasing the product be aware that the technical service is wonderful. The assistance they provide me with annual setting up new year universal templates is worth the reasonable annual maintenance cost for the service. The people are helpful and the phone support from Mountain time to Eastern time is convenient.

Cons

The current versions require Microsoft email if you want to attach a file to an email. I use Chrome so if I want to attach a file I have to print it to the desktop then attach it to the email. Then I have to delete it from the desktop.

Response from Revver

It is great to hear that you find eFileCabinet service valuable and the support helpful. We are grateful for your business and we look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business.

Replied 28/06/2019
Colleen

Reviewed on 22/02/2019

Keep it simple and convenient

We are a CPA firm, concentrating on tax preparation, consulting and planning. With eFC, there is no more
time consuming hunting for the right folder, no more cumbersome paper files to manage and store. We converted several years ago and have never looked back with nostalgia to the old days! Now we can wow our clients with easy, quick access to their information and that impresses them and makes our days happier and less stressful.

Pros

eFileCabinet has made our lives so much easier and our client service much more efficient. Any staff member can look up a client's info. When a client stops by with an additional document or sends something to us by email, it is a quick and simple process to file the new doc.

Cons

Much as we love the simplicity and ease of using eFileCabinet, it sometimes feels as if the programming is not quite keeping up. Files will lock up occasionally. There has always been a simple work-around to any of the little annoying problems that arise but who wants problems ever?

Response from Revver

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are excited to hear that eFileCabinet has helped make your lives easier and your client service more efficient. We look forward to continuing to support the success of your business in the future with some new updates that will improve the user and client experience even more.

Jesse

Reviewed on 02/07/2019

Functionality & Ease of Use is the Name of the Game

We can easily access, analyze, and print out any needed document at any workstation as needed. This functionality makes Efilecabinet very valuable to our company. I have had very good experiences getting technicians when needed except on a few occasions when demand is very high. Each tech is knowledgeable and does a quick and efficient job of getting us back on track. We have been using your software for 6 or 7 years with little downtime or problem.

Pros

Everything! It seems that all of our employees find Efilecabinet to be very easy to use, and that the functionality of it does everything we need it to quickly and efficiently. Using the EfileScanner makes moving documents into Efilecabinet so quick and easy that even new personnel find it a joy to use. Having all our important documents so readily available and kept secure is a strong value of this software. We have over a Terabyte of documents saved in Efilecabinet and know that documentation is safe.

Cons

It seems some Windows updates have a bad habit of destroying our scanner application files so that I have to call in every once in a while on some employee computers needing to have a technician delete and reinstall parts of the scanner operational files in the Hkey area of Windows.

Alison

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

eFile Review

For the most part efile is easy to use and is helpful in keeping our files organized. I wish that the customer service was a little more helpful in fixing the one major problem that we keep running into, but overall we will continue to use this product in the future.

Pros

When changing over our computers a few years ago, we moved all client files and office operation files from our computers to this cloud based efile system. The move over was easy and did not take long to upload. It is easy to organize and create new drawers and files. Also, the efile buddy is helpful and easy to download onto anyone's desktop.

Cons

We have had problems of files being deleted. When calling to efile customer service, no one has been able to help us. This has been going on for a while and no one seems to be able to give us an answer. It doesn't happen often, but when it does it is random and has deleted all kinds of files including PDFs, Word documents and Excels.

Response from Revver

Thank you so much for your feedback, we really appreciate the review. We want to ensure the best experience possible for your business and will have your account manager reach out to you regarding some of the issues you have mentioned. Thanks for taking the time to leave us this review!

Replied 13/12/2019
Julie
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 31/07/2020

Centralizing Human Resources

We achieved our goals of centralizing our records for each in accessing, along with being more responsible to no longer wasting paper, wasting time filing, or off site storage costs.

Pros

We recently centralized our overall Human Resource function, with personnel at multiple location, to one central location in California.
We needed a solution that was easy to implement, provided ease in accessing and storing information and cost effective. E file cabinet provided all of this to us and more.

Cons

Set up was a little difficult in not having a dedicated individual who really knew the software to guide us.

Docusign

Response from Revver

Thank you so much for your feedback, it's great o learn more about how eFileCabinet has helped your business and that we've been able to help provide a centralized place for your documents. We appreciate your review!

Replied 10/09/2020
DOUGLAS

Reviewed on 10/06/2019

Consider Other Options

Generally the software works well if your not having to deal with the development team software bugs. The development and support on this software may lead a person to believe that this is a company that is slipping.

Pros

The software is relatively easy to set up and learn. The processes are intuitive and logical.

Cons

The software development and support are poor. The development team will put out updates that are not properly tested. The updates will cause problems, create down time for the entire office and support will not be able to fix the problems timely. If you call support later in the day, they will want to schedule another time to help you with the issue. They will not work extra time to make sure your system is up and running. They either are not allowed to or don't want to work overtime to help you with software issues caused by their own development team.

Kim

Reviewed on 11/04/2019

Getting Better

Very reliable, easy to maintain, super easy to retrieve documents.

Pros

I love the simplicity for others to use the software via Secure Drawer. Once you've figured out a few kinks, which are very few now, it is very simple to use. It is always available, never down so very reliable.

Cons

Customer Service is online only which is very frustrating when you'd like to speak to explain the issue. It is very hard to initially learn how to maneuver the system and integrate Secure Drawer.

Response from Revver

It's great to hear that you love the simplicity for using our software through Secure Drawer. We are excited to tell you about our Premium Support, which is available 24 hours per day, Monday through Saturday. We also have an available support team available via chat, phone, and email to assist you as quickly as possible. Your customer success manager has reached out and spoken with Heidi about this, and would love to speak with you if you have further questions. We help this provides a solution for your support needs and we look forward to providing continued support to you and for the success of your business.

Replied 22/04/2019
Pam
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 24/08/2018

The System used to work great, but.......

I have used this system for three years and until June of this year it worked well. There was the occasional hiccup but it was always addressed and addressed quickly by tech support. In early June files would randomly become corrupt and unusable. Although I have contacted tech support again and again it is now the end of August and this has not been resolved. Initially I was told that I was the only user experiencing the problem. I was later told that many users were having the issue and that I am now the only one still experiencing it. I have been told multiple times that the issue has been 'escalated' to some department or other and then I get an email asking for some piece of information or two and then nothing. No follow up, no correction. I am losing data on a daily basis and this is costing me untold $$$ in billable hours while my staff spends time recreating files and data instead of supporting my clients!!

Pros

There is no predesigned formatting or folders so I am able to set up my files exactly as I wanted them to appear.

Cons

Continual document corruptions and being given the runaround by customer service and tech support.

thomas

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

EFile Cabinet

I live in Maine part of the year and Florida the rest of the year. I am a CPA so I need client files and copies of prior tax returns and support documents. Never a problem. Since I have used the software since 2003, there sometimes situations where I need to look back a return or the documentation.

Pros

The software is easy to use, but the most important point is the high level of support when I cannot get something to work. Never had a problem and the help is super patient when I have not explained my problem. Always fix it right the first time.

Cons

Like everyone I wish it was cheaper, but I would rather pay for quality than be sorry later.

Response from Revver

Wow, thank you for leaving us this great review. It's great to hear that you love the mobility of the system as you move between Maine and Florida, and that you've had a great experience with eFileCabinet storing your documents. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to providing you with continued support for the success of your business.

Replied 05/09/2019