About RockSolid MAX

RockSolid MAX is an easy-to-use software solution that helps home and building supply retailers with outdated or manual systems upgrade technology and get more done. The software is cloud-based so the initial investment is lower,...

All RockSolid MAX Reviews Apply filters

Browse RockSolid MAX Reviews

36 of 27,000 reviews

All RockSolid MAX Reviews Apply filters

Kyle A.

Reviewed on 24/06/2021

Converted from no POS to full POS implementation

RockSolid Max lets me have total control over my inventory and see what direction my sales are heading. This is crucial for retail.

Pros

The features allow for total control of the system. The interfaces are user-friendly. The more time you spend in the system, the more you learn what it can do.

Cons

Integration was tricky at times. Going from no POS to a POS system came with it's own hurdles. At times, I was confusing to know who to contact if something went wrong.

Kinetic

Reasons for Switching to RockSolid MAX

Price
Susan T.

Reviewed on 21/03/2014

Save money! Save time! Buy RockSolid!

Pros

RockSolid is the easiest system to learn and use while saving tons of money on support - real support! The system saves us so much time that we now can do a better job of servicing our customers!

Not only are we saving money on the support, we are saving money on supplies and time! We can do our jobs so much faster now. Ordering; receiving; accounts receivable; end of day, month, and year reports; and just day-to-day operations are so much faster and more efficient! Instead of getting piles of paper that I never used to look at, I get concise, meaningful reports that I need in order to run my business. If I need more, there are tons of reports I can run at any time! I love being a part of the RockSolid family! They actually appreciate my business and friendship! I know I appreciate them!

Cons

I really have nothing that I don't like about this system or vendor!

Greg P.

Reviewed on 27/12/2018

We enjoy working with Rocksolid Max

The people behind it are great to work with.

Pros

The process of quoting, then converting the quote to an order (both customer order, and PO), and then finalizing it with a sell is easy and efficient.

Cons

The reports for inventory and receivables, there are not very many options, and you can't customize them.

Top RockSolid MAX Alternatives

Deb M.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 16/04/2019

Wonderful product

Our experience has been wonderful. No problems to speak of.

Pros

The ease of using the product. The folder tabs that you can have show on any screen that you are working in.

Cons

Reports...I wish you didn't have to purchase an outside report maker in order to do specific reports that you want.

Angel C.

Reviewed on 11/08/2017

Ok POS Sytem.

Just feels like they want t get as much money out of the customer as they can with added features that cost extra, which are part of most POS Systems basic package.

Pros

RockSolid is a reliable software with very few glitches. Uptime is high. Easy to learn and operate.

Cons

Important features needed for margins not available. Can not enter more than one product at a time. Does not have a tool to import items.

Debi C.

Reviewed on 29/06/2021

Its been a game changer for us!

The software has allowed us to solve our issues with sales reports, managing inventory and data storage. Since we have gone live, the technical support and training we have received has been outstanding.

Pros

Easy to use and implement. We are more efficient and its helped us bring down operating costs for mailing statements, finding and copying paper invoices and managing our inventory.

Cons

Integration was a little more difficult than what was to be expected.

Archie A.

Reviewed on 19/02/2020

Very Satisfied

Pros

One of the many great features of Rocksolid Max is the path of navigation is pretty much the same in every category . So it makes the software very user friendly for not so technical savvy personnel. Also it has saved much time in purchasing and receiving inventory/orders do to being able to pull data from one document to the next.

Cons

Sometimes with the software being cloud based, the sever can glitch and then in tern it makes your POS system go down until the server comes back.

Joseph S.

Reviewed on 19/09/2017

The best short and long term investment any business owner can make.

Really just the best all around system. Rocksolid has saved me Tens of thousands of dollars in the past in saved workers, JIT inventory and so so many more ways.

Pros

Rocksolid is simple, easy accurate and dependable. When/if it breaks down (CSR) will fix it. EVERYTIME. There is not enough I can say about this system after 12 years of use. It always exceeds my expectation, and the people are exceptional.

Cons

Everything is the best. No short comings. I would like to access my rocksolid computers through my phone though.

Fred K.

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

Worst Point of Sale software I have ever used.

This would have been an ok system 20 years ago. I had a competitors system, switched to Rock Solid, and decided to switch back after 10 months.
When inquiring with support on features all but once I was informed our system cannot do that. Support was decent, except I was on hold close to supporting hours ending when the recording stated "support hours have ended please call again tomorrow" and hung up on me. I was furious since the system was locked up I could not even run a customer purchase.
I would not recommend this system for an advanced user. I would compare ECI software Windows 98, years behind everyone else.
The reason I gave ECI one star is because I could not give it zero stars.

Cons

So many things you cannot do. ie email a purchase order, re email an invoice or run a receiving report for goods received.
Takes too many steps to accomplish a task such as looking up an item with an unknown stock number.

Jerrod B.

Reviewed on 25/02/2015

RockSolid POS is terrible!

Pros

ECi's personnel oversold the software. This software is nothing more than an overpriced upgrade from carbon copy receipts. Save your money and purchase Intuit. I have been way more satisfied as a Construction Supplier with QuickBooks.

Cons

The so called customer support is non-existent! If you feel that your software was not implemented correctly or need additional support, forget it!

Diane S.
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 12/11/2014

Very poor product with poor support.

Pros

It is really easy to use.

Cons

It does not keep inventory correctly. Also, support is almost nonexistent.

Loy R.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 29/06/2021

Loy's Review

Fair - no one wants to help with Crystal Reports - everyone will just pass buck or say we really don't do that...

Pros

Ease of use and ease of training others.

Cons

no pick ticket option. No real way of delivering goods and showing what is on hand vs. on back order. Should have a pick ticket version that converts to order. No way to modify an order after complete, should always be able to modify then generate invoicing after 5:00. Receiving is clunky, need a simple on order vs received at this time. Have to dig a lot to find answer to receiving. Need an option to reprint invoices in bulk or transmit, currently sends in separate pdf's.

Terry I.

Reviewed on 09/01/2019

Almost 2 years in and not totally convinced yet

We are committed to Rocksolid Max but the learning curve has been extremely steep

Pros

The actual point of sale function works awesome! The options and functionality available are a huge step above our old software.

Cons

The inability to reverse mistakes. The integration with our accounting software has been brutal. Availability of training for the software seems to be lacking.

Sharon W.

Reviewed on 08/08/2017

Easy to learn

I think all in all, they have a great software program for our hardware store. It fits us well without breaking the bank.

Pros

I am fortunate that I get to use both sides of the system. The POS and Roman. Both sides are easy to navigate. The inventory control is fabulous! Especially helpful when you are trying to do your weekly order. You scan something with the handheld and your inventory number for that item is right in front of you. You can do this quickly and make any corrections if necessary right then and there. It saves you time. In Roman, the ease of printing and or emailing monthly statements is wonderful! Easy program to keep track of our customer accounts. Also like the availability of useful reports to keep track of your business.

Cons

I wish at times it was quicker to get in touch with someone regarding an issue. Sometimes, you would like an answer right away to free yourself up to move on to the next thing. But, all in all, I DO LIKE the system! There isn't a perfect system out there, they all have their quirks now and again. If someone is turned off by these little bumps in the road here and there, then they are NOT being realistic.
When you do get in touch with someone, they know what they are doing and take care of your issue completely! They get the job done and correctly! No complaints with their expertise, that's for sure.

Jay F.

Reviewed on 22/07/2017

We have the system for over 15 years. We operated 3 hardware stores on a multi-store...

The Rock Solid system in our True Value hardware store allows my wife and I to travel and still have the controls necessary to conduct our business , even remotely.

Pros

The system is efficient. We handle about 250 customers per day with 2 point-of-sale units and 2 extra terminals on the sales floor and 2 in the office. We process 80% of our sales on credit cards with the new Cayan system which also is very efficient. We have house charge accounts who receive emailed invoices and statements. The reports are plentiful and the support from True Value is experienced and thorough. We utilize the employee time clock and all our employees find the system easy to operate and with our cable internet provider, quick.

Cons

I am happy to say that I cannot think of any "cons". The original system was developed by a computer person for a hardware store owner. The 2 guys then formed Rock Solid and further advanced the POS structure to make it available to retail hardware, garden centers and rental facilities in our industry.

Please feel free to call me for any further information. Jay Feinsod 914-447-5935

Peter S.

Reviewed on 27/07/2017

Satisfied Long Term User of Rock Solid

Be confident in the software and the customer service/follow up. As a user i have never felt isolated. There is a strong desire within ECI to get feedback from the users and incorporate individual needs into the software where possible to the benefit of the users.

Pros

Its easy and logical to use and teach to new staff members. Down time is effectively zero and when issues have arisen customer support has been superb. Essentially we can forget about the system and concentrate on our customers. The system is flexible to my business and even has the ability to structure reports for my individual needs.

Cons

Its nice to say that its hard to think of a negative. If there is a down side to the system i have yet to find it!

Brian M.

Reviewed on 12/04/2019

POS roulette

As a new business our old systems (Palidin/RMS) could not full support our business. We do a lot of custom special orders, on top of 22,000 items in stock and RockSolid Max efficiently monitors it all. With a very minor learning curve, RockSolid Max has met our standard in what we expect from a POS system.

Pros

This software is state-of-the-art, and has a lot of perks as well as checks and balances. We have had 4 other POS systems that did not support our business model and were not customizable. Rocksolid Max met our unique needs very well. The customer support is great. If or when I needs something there is a live agent, who speaks clearly and intelligently to address me and my issue(s).

Cons

The navigation takes a little bit of time to learn, but makes sense after a few weeks of usage. The bill pay, and applying orders to accounts or payments is a bit of a workload- but follows the check nd balances system, making it cumbersome, but manageable.

Larry E.

Reviewed on 21/08/2019

rock solid max

Rock solid pos and rock solid roman were much better for overall point of sale, inventory and ordering, Rock solid max i think needs a major overhaul.

Pros

There is nothing about this product that i like.

Cons

time out way too frequently, including during a sale, should default to sales not to cash or customer name, too much waste of time, items jumps lines when changing quantity ,necessitating the constant checking of the ticket to be sure it is correct, on large orders cannot print a complete ticket,

Response from ECi Software Solutions

At ECI, we take customer satisfaction and reviews of our software very seriously. After reading this review, we immediately reached out to Lumber Direct to understand Larry's concerns and try to help him with the software. When we called the store and talked to the owner, Misty Stenger we were advised that Larry was a disgruntled employee who is no longer with their company. Misty said that she is very happy with RockSolid MAX and his comments do not reflect her opinion nor that of her other employees.
At the time of this review, Lumber Direct had been a RockSolid MAX customer for roughly six months and a RockSolid customer for 13 years before that. We appreciate working with their business, and the 450 other RockSolid MAX customers that we support. We invite you to read Misty's review that she posted to reflect her actual feedback and opinion about the software.

Replied 17/09/2019
Megan O.

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Necessary upgrade

Good Product overall

Pros

Helped convert us from push-button registers to point of sale, and digitized our Accounts Receivable.

Cons

Not user friendly for longtime staff. (Typing-intensive and database management heavy, neither of which is intuitive in our 75+ year old store.) Presents continual staff mgmt and training needs.

Douglas R.

Reviewed on 29/12/2020

Don't do it!

Pros

Cloud Based instead of having a server on site

Cons

everything about this software is not for the advance Hardware store operations.

Response from ECi Software Solutions

Hi Douglas,
We are sorry to hear that you have struggled with your switch to RockSolid MAX, especially since you had been an ECI customer on our original RockSolid product for so many years. We realize that it can take some time to get used to a new system, but we would really like the chance to make it better for you and your team. We are escalating your concern to your account rep and our professional services team to reach out directly and understand more about your concerns. Again, we hope to make things right for you and Hudson's Hardware.

Replied 05/01/2021
Diane S.
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 05/05/2017

Waste of money.

Waste of your money

Pros

Had great reports and end of day features. It was easy to check out customers and fairly easy to enter purchase orders.

Cons

Did not keep inventory correctly and could not get technical help. Everytime we had a problem we were told that their system had never done this before.

Michael B.

Reviewed on 19/10/2019

Greenville Hardware Implementation

This product was introduced to us at a trade show. We knew immediately that this would be the POS that we would choose. Purchasing was a breeze. Shipping was fast. Implementation was smooth. Training was amazing with rep. ( Wonder Woman)

Pros

Ease of use. Document handling. Inventory control. Ordering capabilities.

Cons

We have no issues with the software, works flawlessly.

Brandon G.

Reviewed on 07/07/2021

RockSolid MAX is helping transform our business

Throughout the process of selection, preparation, implementation, and post-implementation we have nothing but positive interactions with the ECi team. Our project team was really fantastic and engaged. They also helped keep us on task and moving forward to hit the go-live date. I have been very happy with the entirety of the project.

Pros

There are numerous aspects of the software that we love: Barcode support, A/R functionality, document management, inventory management. Overall the software is fairly intuitive and easy to use. We are improving daily with our understanding and capabilities. Overall, the pro's significantly outweigh any cons we've encountered. I would definitely recommend this software as it has some very cool functionality we are easing ourselves into now that we've made the transition.

Cons

So with any out of the box solution, there are going to be challenges. For us there are a couple that were frustrating. First, after an invoice has been processed there can be no changes to it. For example you make a sale to a credit account and the person making the purchase omits the PO#. There is no way to update that field after the fact. Instead you must back the entire transaction out and do it all over. The other challenge are the canned reports. They cover 50% of what we would want to see, in other cases we need to use Crystal Reports. While Crystal reports does work, it is a bit clunky and not very intuitive. So you need to invest time in learning and training on how to use it (we did so with a bunch of online videos which were publicly available).

Lightspeed Retail

Reasons for Choosing RockSolid MAX

The P21 platform we were on was from the late 1990s and could not support where we need to take the business. It was an archaic platform that actually put our entire business at risk if the hardware failed (again 1990s computers).

Epicor Prophet 21

Reasons for Switching to RockSolid MAX

What it came down to was two variables: First, having a project team who was there with you the entire way was a major decision factor. The other was the overall fit of the software to our business. While there are minor issues where it doesn't fit exactly what we need, the coverage and gains we received for the parts that fit well clearly exceeded the challenges. Without spending 5-10X or more money to get a customized solution, I really believe this was the best investment for our business and so far the benefits are being realized.
Misty S.

Reviewed on 14/09/2019

This is a powerful program with features we need to adapt too

Easier training for new employees. Non inventory items are easier to track without adding or deleting from current inventory. We were the first to use the Repeat Rewards with Rockmaxx and it was great to work with the support team. All customer service has been great with our ups and downs. To realize we have come so far in 6 months is unbelievable. All sales and customer service reps have followed up with our issues. We have felt like they are one of us when a new issue arrives. I feel we have a lot more to learn with this program due to it's size. A few employees have gone back to the training videos to dig in deeper. As with all programs the more you want to learn the easier it is to use

Pros

Look up features are very user friendly if unsure of the correct name for item you can search with minimum effort
Easy use for non tech employees.
Can remote in to system off site.
Price point.
Automatic updates with the cloud based system. No more scheduling these
Automatic backup no expensive server and IT to ensure this is completed.

Cons

These cons are base on using Rock Solid for 13 years.
Task takes multiple windows to complete verse all on one window.
Report program had to purchase another program to receive all reports
Time clock not within another program needed for employees
More steps and windows to complete an easy inventory fix.
No hand held device to scan and print labels as with Rocksolid

Laura R.

Reviewed on 06/07/2021

Happy with Rocksolid Max

Overall I am pretty happy with Rocksolid. I believe we all like it much better than the software we were using beforehand. We also like the people we have worked with from implementation to daily issues.

Pros

Over time I have noticed that Rocksolid seems to be making my job less time-consuming. I am pretty happy with it overall.

Cons

There have been a few times that we have had issues that we have reported and did not get an answer other than they were working on it for months.