About AccuFund Accounting Suite

AccuFund is 100% focused on serving nonprofits and government entities. The complete fund accounting financial management solution, available online or onsite, consists of a strong core system and modules that allow you to expand...

Browse AccuFund Accounting Suite Reviews

43 of 29,412 reviews
Liat P.

Quality Program for mid-size Non-Profit Agency with multiple Funds

AccuFund makes accounting for multiple funds simple and clean.

Pros

Easy to use. Set-up was free from errors due to excellent Implementation Partner.

Cons

Some reports are difficult to customize.

Reasons for Switching to AccuFund Accounting Suite

Price was better and AccuFund wasn't unnecessarily complicated for our business size.
Kristin A.

Reviewed on 21/07/2020

Accounting Software Conversion

I am very happy with our decision to move to AccuFund. It is specific to non-profit accounting, and the company adheres to a continuous improvement philosophy. They keep up to date on accounting standards, and are always looking for ways to help us become more efficient.

Pros

The software is very flexible. We have been able to program it to do almost everything we want it to do. It has cut our month end close by 4 days because it is a real time system and there is no batch processing. More entries can be made during the month, less at month end. We have also been able to reduce the number of manual excel spreadsheets we used to keep outside the software system. The reporting features are incredibly powerful as well. We have eliminated excel spreadsheets from the board reporting process. At the end of the month, it is almost as easy as hitting a button and getting the board financial packet. Minutes instead of hours.

Cons

The Standard Reporting module is very very powerful. But, because it is so powerful, it is difficult to learn to use. I have had to resort to contacting my consultant to write reports for me. That being said, the reports he has been able to write for us have eliminated hours of work trying to pull the information together from many different sources.

Brittany Y.

Reviewed on 15/09/2020

AccuFund Review

Pros

I like that it is easy to pick up, learn and teach. It is easy to change different account/user settings. It is easy to pull different reports to match your needs, as well as creating your own personalized versions. My favorite feature is the ability to scan your own images on every type of entry, and the ability to create detailed organization accounts.

Cons

I think the most difficult part of AccuFund is the Dashboard- but that could be because it is newer and I haven't has as much experience with it yet. Another slight con would be when you go to scan images- every day you have to set up your scanner with AccuFund when you log in, instead of it remembering your scanner settings.

Top AccuFund Accounting Suite Alternatives

Tonya L.

Reviewed on 30/05/2018

We purchased AccuFund in December 2015 and I have loved ever since.

Pros

Electronic Requisitions w/approvals, Purchase Orders, and Timesheets. The ease of entry and the various reports generated.

Cons

Haven't found anything I can think of. Compare to the software we had before this is 100% better and we should have upgraded years ago.

Tina G.

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

I use it everyday for PR and AP purposes.

Pros

Running reports is the feature I like most, I can usually find one that fits my specific needs.

Cons

When we run payroll, everyone has to log out for almost an hour, otherwise the process will be extremely slow or will just stop.

Brittney W.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 26/04/2018

AccuFund Review

Great flexibility for business.

Pros

Easy to concept and follow with no accidental of duplicating any entries. Many different features such as AP, cash receipts, general ledger, bank reconciliation, importing and exporting, document storage, a financial report writer and a forms designer for customized form generation- all of which are great to use to help run the business more smooth.

Cons

It requires time for training to understand the uses of the software and sometimes customer support is different to get through for help.

Laith M.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 11/08/2017

Great with some support

it's good so far

Pros

easy to use , we really like it the problem with this program is the books don't show you every thing so you need to contact the company and they will charge you too much money.

Cons

the support too expensive, I wish if you can make if free or couple hours free support not like not.

Muhammad S.
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 25/10/2017

David C.

UWRC AccuFund Review

I am very happy with our transition to AF after working in QB for over 30 years. The software fits our needs and I wish more United Ways could afford it.

Pros

We have been using AccuFund now for several years. We switched from QuickBooks because QB couldn't handle Grants Management. I am very happy with the product. The interaction with our AF consultant [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is amazing. He is the best!

Cons

The budgeting module is clunky to work with and seems to have many bugs. The module that allows an employee to enter their time is needed, but just too expensive for us.

Reasons for Choosing AccuFund Accounting Suite

Grants management was impossible in QuickBooks because of different Grant year ends.

Reasons for Switching to AccuFund Accounting Suite

Cost and similarly to QB.
Brian T.

Reviewed on 16/07/2020

PPWI AccuFund Accounting Suite Review July 2020

PPWI's positive experience with AccuFund also includes positive experience with their product support and customer service. Their product support provided the needed organization and product expertise for a successful implementation. Their customer service always responds with 60 minutes and mostly within 30 minutes. They are attentive to our issues and communicate in an manner that in understandable and useful.

Pros

PPWI substantially utilizes only two of the AccuFund modules: the General and Accounts Payable. The standard features of each of the modules provide a good framework for effective and efficient processing of transactions. Also, the ability to customize utilizing elective options such as "Type" allow us to group and / or categorize organizations, transactions, etc. uniquely to our needs. These modules are accompanied with a comprehensive list of standard reports. These standard reports have many filter options which support our reporting needs very well. The reporting features include the ability to easily customize reports as needed.

Cons

PPWI does not utilize the ERP features and / or functionality of AccuFund. We utilize other applications for health care EPM EHR, fund raising, employee resource management (payroll). We utilize AccuFund import / export features extensively to support our batch processing of transactions.

Zach E.

AccuFund

Pros

Integration with Zoho and Expensify are seamless. Transition from QuickBooks was easy and the transition team is easy to work with.

Cons

Not being able to attach notes to a transaction is the only downside.

Wendelin A.

Product is good.

Pros

The features are pretty good. Fairly easy to use

Cons

Exporting into Excel for budget purposes is not easy. At times, support is lacking. I would appreciate being able to get hold of someone whenever I need something because I am usually in the middle of a project when I need assistance.

Teresa M.

accu fund

I currently only consistently use 3 modules and the software is very easy to use.

Pros

The software is easy to use, for the most part but I use it everyday, so it becomes habit. I like the ability to see everything about an organization, with just one click

Cons

I was able to see which vendors were missing SSN before this last update, but that is not available any more. I would like to option to move the purchase orders straight to "bills" . I wouldn't need to enter all the information from the purchase order, but have the option to enter an invoice number.

Tanya M.

Reviewed on 17/08/2017

As a non profit organization, our accounting system is very complex. AccuFund meets our needs!

Pros

There are so many things that I love about this software program, the A/P module, the A/R module, the Payroll module, Loan tracking, the Requisition and Purchase Order system. We have a lot of different funding sources, so allocating costs to each funding source is a breeze when using AccuFund. The drilling capability is also a huge benefit to this software. I can drill down on any expense to see what Purchase order was used to generate the expense and what check number was used to pay for it.

Cons

As with anything, there are always improvements that can be made, however, AccuFund listens to what your needs are and makes upgrades as needed.

Deena S.

Reviewed on 21/08/2017

Great accounting software

Pros

Accounting software is excellent. It is user-friendly and the updates happen frequently enough to address any issues that we have.

Cons

Payroll module is not functional, nor is support adequate for our business. We have continued problems with calculation issues as well as time clock issues. We have asked for support numerous times, but nothing has been completed to assist us in fixing the issues. We are looking at other options for our payroll processing.

Debraq S.
  • Industry: Utilities

Satisfied Customer

Pros

We are a Municipality and we utilize the Billing , Payroll, Accounts Payable Modules. We are happy with each of these modules. The software is user friendly.

Cons

The program allows to have reports made to capture what information you may require. I wish this was more user friendly in setting up custom made reports.

Karen C.

Reviewed on 22/08/2017

We have been AccuFund customers for several years. No complaints. Easy to use.

Pros

Each module interacts with the other with no issues. We have the accounting, purchasing, budget and fixed asset modules.

Cons

If there is a typo in a transaction, it cannot be corrected. If the description could be corrected without changing the actual dollar transaction that would be great.

Fabiano M.

Reviewed on 16/07/2018

As the sysadmin at my organization, I've found easy to work with AF Accouting Suite.

Pros

Software flexibility and customer service really stands up.
Upgrades and patch updates are easy and quickly to implement.
The tech support team is very knowledgeable and friendly!

Joyce M.

Reviewed on 21/02/2017

City of Craig, Alaska

The city implemented AccuFund in 2005 and has used a majority of the modules. Once AccuFund is set up there is little maintenance if updates are installed as released. AccuFund is easy to teach to staff and has the internal controls for a small municipality. I have used numerous accounting software and AccuFund is the best for the value, ease of use and the AccuFund staff are great to work with.

Pros

AccuFund's support is exceptional and usually replies within 24 hours. The separate modules integrate with each other and are easily customized to the city's needs. Reporting can be customized.

Cons

Accounts payable post details to general ledger rather than one line per invoice. Employee portal calendar stops frequently. Property tax reporting is cumbersome.

Lance H.

Great Software

Pros

The payroll module is great. Overall I like the ease of the software and how straight forward it is.

Cons

There are some design features I don't like such as the software restarting after being inactive for a moment of time and the ability to change the database itself with ease.

Thamara P.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 18/11/2018

Lots of features inside one application

Great application with lots of features but need to improve .

Pros

Provide powerful core system which is contain essential modules for accounting and also AccuFund is a cloud base solution which we can access from any where.
Can export .csv format files and import excel files. Basic and simple user interfaces with detailed information.

Cons

Basic user interfaces which can be less have user interactions and too much features will caused to user to difficult to work and handle.Not easy to adopt to the system without any guidance.

Jose M.

Reviewed on 17/07/2016

Purcahse of AccuFund

Pros

The president of the company came to our office and presented a live demo. They spent sessions going over our questions. They provided good references.

Cons

We are still implementing it, so I cannot comment at this moment.

Ken M.

Reviewed on 03/08/2015

Robust with many features but lots of quirks

Pros

A full suite of modules that are very customizable

Cons

Very unforgiving of errors and not amenable to certain transactions. For instance, invoice cancellation does not release the receiving. Product returns are not supported; i.e., we cannot do negative receiving to match to credit memos. Check voids cannot be reversed although voided checks occasionally clear.

Patricia K.

Accufund Review

Pros

Importing feature is very user friendly. We use this for Receipts and Bank recons

Cons

Often the upgrades create unanticipated problems, and added/changed features we are not made aware of.

Report writing is not user friendly.

Bank Reconciliation reports cannot be brought into excel.

Reasons for Choosing AccuFund Accounting Suite

Aug 2018

Christopher H.

Great system for the Price

My staff really understand the software and are able to move around with ease.

Pros

The ease of use and the robust customization to what is needed for your organization.

Cons

Reports are complicated but after years of tweaking you can make it work. You need to know the tables and how to before creating one from scratch.

Backup Hog-files are big and you need space to save just not the same place where you have accufund running on.