Breezy Reviews

About Breezy

Breezy is a recruiting platform for small and midsize businesses. The solution provides functionality for applicant sourcing and tracking, resume parsing, and video interviews and more. The application is cloud-based and...

Browse Breezy Reviews

1,410 of 1,410 reviews

Reviewed on 12/08/2023

Breezy stands out as the best tool for human resources

It is essential to mention that Breezy is a program that performs tasks in the areas of recruitment operation, as well as in the follow-up of people, and that does not require other departments in its portfolio in order to correctly manage employment. It performs high performance studies on all the resumes submitted to our system, this makes the evaluator, through artificial intelligence tools, determine which are the best suggestions that have been presented so far and that, if chosen, could lead to a better result in terms of employment.

Pros

The technical support group provided by Breezy was very accommodating to our quality of service needs, as they were able to adapt to our circumstance and provide us with high quality solutions, which means we will continue to engage with them for troubleshooting. At Breezy, we are pleased that the human resource management system works so well as evidenced by the monitoring of employee time periods. The reliability of the service is so high that there is no difficulty in working from different tools, as the benefits can be retained in the same magnitude. Within Breezy, all human resources are handled internally, which further minimizes the work of human resources managers, implementing artificial intelligence methods to determine which employees have the highest capacity, who could be candidates for promotion, and which ones do not work well.

Cons

The surface is not attached through any API to the project management services, this would be helpful to be able to more clearly identify the jobs when you need to make an assessment of their quality or the interactions that employees have with each other during the development of each. day of work

Shannon

Reviewed on 10/07/2023

The best way to organise your recruitment

Overall an amazing product that allows our recruitment team to know where we are with each role.It has ensured that no parts of the process is missed such as Right to Work.

Pros

How simple the interface is to use.That you can view all candidates simply in one place and the flows for the stages of the process are easy to understand and manage.It has a lot of automation to make recruitment simple and effective.

Cons

This product is good, the integrations with bob, our HR system could be better.It only takes over the first name and last name, it could transfer more information.

LinkedIn for Business

Reasons for Choosing Breezy

Easier to use and made more sense for the business

Easier candidate management
Mandy
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 20/12/2021

Doesn't deliver what they promise

Very disappointed that we're stuck with a product that doesn't do what we were led to believe it would do. Customer service has always been quick but it's been frustrating that the response has been to enter it as a feature request...it's Outlook - the critical integration we were led to believe we would have and that's all the support we get.

Pros

Ease of information transfer among the team; ease of job postings across multiple platforms; quick response time from customer service

Cons

Software promised Outlook integration but they don't integrate with Outlook Express which is what we use. Outlook Integration was the whole reason we moved to Breezy. Now we're stuck with a product that only halfway does what we're needing.

Top Breezy Alternatives

• Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 17/04/2024

Breezy for Recruitment

Its good and I like it as its user friendly

Pros

It makes recruitment easy collecting resumes, seggregating them and sorting and shortlisting the resumes for interview

Cons

I do not have any complaints about this product

Yiorgos
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 18/11/2022

A well-rounded and easy to use ATS

I'm impressed with Breezy's continuous product improvements and feature releases. I've also had such positive experiences with their customer success team. It's also very well-priced - you can grow with Breezy as your team grows without it becoming a huge business expense.

Pros

Breezy has everything you need in an ATS. The templates and automation are a particularly nice touch. For instance, making and managing your offers in Breezy is very handy.

Cons

A minor improvement is having something automated when assigning tasks yourself. It feels redundant to have to go through adding yourself each time, especially when you use Breezy as your default task manager.

Lever , SmartRecruiters and Greenhouse

Reasons for Choosing Breezy

Breezy's pricing model is much more flexible and not cost-prohibited.

Greenhouse
Elisha

Reviewed on 03/03/2021

Breezy is a Breeze!

I was having to host a great deal of candidate information including resumes in my own computer memory. I am happy to have a cloud to keep this information securely and free up space on my computer. I am able to search for candidates that match job descriptions that I am searching for better than in other platforms I have used due to the tagging feature. I am able to organize candidates well and visually see what kind of pool I have at my disposal, who is working on certain positions.

Pros

I have not yet been able to utilize all of the features of this product since I am a team of one and use the free version, but I can say that it has been very helpful to me in the recruitment process. I love the organization of it and the options that I would utilize if I did have a team. I look to add a paid subscription in the future to implement to communication feature of texting and scheduling. I used both of those features in the free trial and found it so much easier to communicate directly through the platform instead of using 3 different tools to text, email and schedule with candidates.

Cons

The least valued feature I have discovered thus far is that when I set up a position, I have to give it a number and sometimes cannot remember what number I used on the last position I put in. It would be nice if there was an automated feature that automatically gives a new job the next number under a category such as nursing. Another feature that has been of concern at times is that when I go into a candidate record initially to make changes in their profile and then go to escape the profile, the changes I made disappear and I have to go back and change them again. This only happens on the first attempt. The problem seems to have improved.

JobAdder

Reasons for Choosing Breezy

I was using JobAdder with another company I was retained by. As far as I know, they continue to use JobAdder. I used it for at least 1.5 years. I have found Breezy to be efficient where Job Adder was not.

JobAdder

Reasons for Switching to Breezy

As I stated before, I have found Breezy to be efficient where JobAdder was not.
Vicki

BEST Customer Service, MOST RESPONSIVE Team

100% satisfied. This entire company has a "can-do" attitude. No challenge is brushed off as not important. Everyone at Breezy seems to work as a team with each customer being the central focus. This is just so very unique, and it makes the entire process feel like you have a very smart expert right at the desk next to you. Creative, brilliant people, those Breezy folk are!

Pros

Fabulous on-demand customer care is always there to answer questions and take input on feature enhancements. They CARE! So UNIQUE in the software industry.

Cons

Breezy is best suited for a small to medium-sized business doing in-house recruiting. We are a boutique recruiting firm, and while the system works like a charm, we need to also interface with a proposal system and a CRM, and that is not how it is intended.

Rory

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

Fantastic product, especially for the price

Breezy seems to do a very good job with distributing the job postings and generating candidates. The user interface is very intuitive and there's a ton of built-in functionality such as questionnaires, interview/meeting scheduling, electronic signatures and more.

Pros

Virtually all of the functionality you would come to expect from an ATS can be found in Breezy and at a price much lower than some of the leading competitors.

Cons

They can't provide an SSL certificate if you use your own subdomain (e.g. careers.yoursite.com) so it is not delivered via HTTPS (you'd have to use the default URL, which would be something like your-site.breezy.hr instead), and not everything as configurable as I'd like (e.g. user roles). There's also very limited custom reporting, but the standard reports are nice at least.

Lever , Trakstar Hire and Greenhouse

Reasons for Choosing Breezy

Cost was a major factor in deciding to switch, and Breezy offered much of the same functionality at a fraction of the price. Taleo is certainly more robust and configurable, but that's not always a good thing, nor is it always necessary (or helpful when you have a small team).

Oracle Taleo Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Breezy

Breezy offered the best combination of price and functionality that best met our clients' needs.

Reviewed on 01/08/2019

Nothing really compares

- It has been far more effective for us than spreadsheets and tracking in platforms like Indeed or in a proprietary applicant submission platform

Pros

- It is insanely inexpensive for what it offers - like, unbelievably inexpensive
- Incredibly easy to use
- Lots of good tracking features

Cons

- Analytics numbers don't always add up, which is concerning at times
- The staff seems to be small and lean, and some are less than knowledgable, making it tough to get straight answers
- There is a lot of room for improvement, and a small team means they will only get to them over a long period of time
- It native integrates with virtually nothing and its API is very limited

Oracle Taleo Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Breezy

There is just no way our firm can afford any other applicant tracking system. BreezyHR is literally our only option, but fortunately, has worked out well.
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Reviewed on 08/05/2019

A good contender in the ATS Application Tracking Systems (HCM)

overall experience is good

Pros

fantastic integration of end to end process that you have in an recruitment process. great user interfaces design. api and system integration with other apps (zapier etc..)

Cons

too many features can distract from what matters. the onus might have been on me, however I did not get as many responses and it took me time before I could fill my candidates pipelines

monday.com and ZipRecruiter

Reasons for Switching to Breezy

selected among other options (3 to 4 for test drive)
Arielle
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

Recruitment Time Vampire, a thing of the past!

Pros

The simplicity of contacting candidates via email to arrange interviews. No more chasing candidates that never return your call. Time is much better utilized.

Cons

Could make the system a bit more interchangeable in your home screen when it comes to jumping into interviews, leaving candidate notes, score cards, etc.

UKG Pro , Hireology and BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Breezy

Cost friendly to our department and company, gave our team more opportunity to make it function and look the way we envisioned it, provides us more leverage in contacting candidates.
Scott
Scott

Reviewed on 28/06/2016

Great easy ATS

I tried Breezy HR after stumbling upon them in Product Hunt, and I'm glad I did. I used to use Workable at a former employer, but I was starting my own recruiting company and wanted to start off with a solid free trial. Workable offers one, but Breezy offers a completely free posting forever, so we figured we could start with that!

We quickly got some applicants, and found the process with adding people from LinkedIn and moving them through the pipeline to be very easy. Support is also readily available, and the prices are better than for Workable. As the tiers go up and we needed larger and larger amounts of job postings, Breezy HR stays much more affordable than Workable, and as far as I'm concerned it's basically the same product.

The tagging of people, managing them through the pipeline, taking notes on them etc are all essentially the same. I can't really remember using anything differently in Workable, but to be fair I haven't used it in a year or so.

Pros

I like how simple it is to syndicate out to dozens of job boards. That's the main purpose for us, and it works pretty well. It also has a nice and easy to use Kanban interface which we have grown used to from our opportunities and task pages.

I also really like their Chrome extension which allows us to easily add someone to Breezy from LinkedIn. Somehow Workable doesn't offer this, and it's a life saver in terms of monitoring who you messaged and who you didn't.

Cons

The support is a little lacking, but not in the quality. They use Intercom and I learned from Outreach.io when they switched from the Live Chat interface to support tickets that they had found live chat actually slows interactions for support. I found this to be true with Breezy as I ask a question, they get back at some point later when I'm not there, then I answer much later etc etc.

It's a lot of back and forth that's very slow, and I think support tickets would help manage this better than a live chat where it's easy to ask really quick questions and go back and forth for awhile.

My only other gripe is integration. I'm making the leap to SFDC, and Breezy only seems to integrate with things via Zapier. Workable is the same. It's not a deal breaker, but a nice SFDC integration would be amazing since we're already paying for the software. I have been looking at alternative ATS's that sync with SFDC just to make my life easier.

Response from Breezy HR

Thanks Scott.

Great to be working with you.

Replied 28/06/2016
Shikha
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 05/04/2019

Easy Peasy-let's go along with Breezy

My overall experience with Breezy has been great so far. It collaborates all the winning features of the recruitment cycle requirement and present it on a single platform. The flow of a candidate through different phases is smooth, simple, and easy to navigate for all the users. It has helped in creating a more interactive relationship with the applicants.

Pros

Breezy HR is a recruitment tool for all kinds of businesses. Its framework is based on the most important aspects of recruitment cycle, designed in a perfect manner to provide a miraculous experience to the Talent Hunter. It has a strong visual customization wherein you can see a candidate’s profile moving from being in the selected board to feedback and then depending upon the feedback, it goes to qualified/disqualified category. You can customize the entire process at each step.

It is an extremely helpful tool for a recruiter when you are working on different kind roles as it helps in customization of the information received from applicants as per needs. The tech support team is easy to reach via chat option on the portal. The entire interface is user-friendly and easy to navigate.

Cons

I cannot think of cons with reference to the features and functionality of the product but it may seem expensive if there too many postings in a month so there is increment in the fees. It can be little expensive for a startup. However, overall it is worth it.

Bruno
Bruno

Reviewed on 26/10/2020

It gets out of the way to do the real job: helping you recruit the best

I am delighted. I've used a lot of those as a recruiter. As a pure "recruiter" user some times, and also as an admin now. And this is the best I ever found.
It really succeed in making a complicated process and human interaction in a manageable seamless experience.
Kudos to the team, I still marvel unto how it works well (for me, maybe it's just my taste?)

Pros

It is very logical in its basic flow. The customization is great and allows you to tweak it to your needs, while still making it easy to use.
It is really focussed and lowering the time you need to feed it info and allows you to focus on the candidates and their status/answers.
The integrations are also great to use your current tools (Office360, Google Suite) to avoid having to manage different calendars and specialized emails account.

It really allows for a small team to do a lot, efficiently. The Email and Scheduling templates really are a life saviours.

Cons

Sometime it has some small, inconsequential hiccups (some glitch here and there) but it's already an excellent software

SmartRecruiters and BambooHR

Ease of use. Modern UI. Streamlined defaults
Matt

Reviewed on 14/02/2022

School review of Breezy

We just started using Breezy, but I am pretty happy with it so far. It took a good amount of work to set up, but they support you through this process, which was super helpful.

Pros

The all-in-one capabilities of Breezy is what sold us on their platform. It is great to not have to combine multiple platforms for various needs, for example, their video interview is in-house. I love the visual for each stage of the application process. The candidate profile pages look great too.

Cons

I wish the scorecards averaged out the evaluation scores made by a hiring team for a particular candidate. Depending on your naming protocols for each stage, the full name is cut-off when attempting to change stages via the drop down. So it is not certain you will assign a candidate to the correct stage.

JazzHR

ApplicantPRO
Rick
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Flexible Cost Effective Productivity Tool

Friendly, excellent. They make me feel part of the team.

Pros

Breezy is a flexible tool that is intuitive and robust at a cost that makes it hard to beat.

Cons

Some small formatting problems with some templates.

JobScore and JazzHR

Better functionality

JazzHR

Better functionality

Reviewed on 15/01/2016

Great for startups

When hired to help build out the first startup I worked for, I needed an affordable and scalable option to track candidates in. I found BreezyHR back when it was "Nimble" and fell in love with it's Trello-like appeal. It is built for collaboration between the recruiter and hiring manager as well as very easy progression from whichever stage they are in (sourced, talked-to, interviewing, offer made, disqualified, hired). Candidates can be dragged and dropped between any stage you want. Also, their Chrome plugin is AMAZING. I can upload candidate profiles directly to positions by clicking the button when on their LinkedIn profile. It makes importing candidates a piece of cake. I'd give it 4.5 out of 5 stars if possible just for a few small fixes that would make it incredible.

Pros

1. Beautiful user interface
2. Easy collaboration with hiring managers
3. Simple candidate progression
4. Amazing Chrome plugin (Linkedin profile upload to database)

Cons

1. If you upload via LinkedIn, their address info and contact info usually aren't on their profiles. Furthermore, uploading their resume later doesn't parse their information (address, phone #, etc.) into the fields, though it does if you originally upload the candidate via resume first rather than LinkedIn.

2. You can only upload candidates to positions you have created and candidates can only apply to positions that are open. Their is no way for passive candidates to just apply to your company through the hiring page if the position they are looking for is not open. I would VERY GLADLY pay extra each month to be able to add candidates to the database rather than just to specific roles. This is especially important for startups that may create new positions later for great candidates they can't imagine living without!

McKenzie
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 02/07/2020

User friendly, latest tech/integrations for the most resonable price.

Pros

User experience,
Integrations and mobile app

Cons

They don’t have the ability to sort candidates by location.

Also, I’d prefer more customization with candidate applications.

Greenhouse

JobScore
Roland

Reviewed on 16/11/2016

A great choice for the entire recruitment lifecycle

We adopted Breezy when it was fairly new and built our recruitment process around it. It does an amazing job of importing resumes, automating internal chat about the candidate, automating email communications with the candidate, and building custom forms/questionnaires for candidates to complete. The entire recruiting team uses it to promote our company's openings and organize our processing of candidates. We selected Breezy instead of using a tool that is built into our HR platform. If we used that tool some things would be a lot easier (such as onboarding) but what Breezy offers is so much better we care less about that aspect. Since we have to process 10-20-more candidates for every one we hire it makes sense to use a tool that is really good at those tasks. Breezy helps us make sure we spend most of our time reviewing the best candidates while treating everyone with respect.

Pros

Rich feature set; especially given the cost. The pipeline customization and management features are great.

Cons

Sometimes the UI has been a bit ahead of what works well on various browsers and some tools have not worked well at all. However lately everything seems to be good.

Response from Breezy HR

Hi Roland -

What a fantastic review! Thank you so much for taking the time to write it - your kind words help us steer forward, and we appreciate your honesty, as well.

Here's to more happy hiring! :)

- Breezy Team

Replied 06/12/2016
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 08/09/2021

Migrated to Breezy in a few days with no issues, greater automation, better tools than we had...

Great tech support. The onboarding and migration went much smoother than anticipated.

Pros

We were notified by our prior ATS system provider that they were going to increase our costs significantly with just a few days notice. We were literally able to migrate 10s of thousands of our applicants to Breezy in a matter of days (although the background processing of our historical data took a few days longer). We had all of the automations that we needed and so far have been extremely impressed.

Cons

Nothing that comes to mind at this point. It has been a far better solution than our previous ATS system.

Reviewed on 15/07/2016

Breezy is great!

I've rolled out Breezy for 4 clients now and all of them love it. It's great for small to mid-sized businesses!

Pros

I love the social media aspect and that you can instantly share your positions on a variety of social media sites. I love communicating within the software. No one gets bogged down with email and you can easily review conversations you've had about the role. It also allows for transparency and keeps everyone on the same page. Communicating within the tool is great as well. There are so many cool features, it's hard to list them all!

Breezy is super easy to use and cost effective. Many ATS's charge per user, which can get costly. Breezy charges based on number of open requisitions and you can adjust your subscription at any time based on the number of openings you have.

Cons

My only complaint is that anyone who is listed as a hiring manager receives candidate communication. Not a huge deal but can cause confusion for the hiring manager if a recruiter is communicating with multiple candidates on multiple requisitions.

Response from Breezy HR

Thanks so much Jennifer!

Replied 15/07/2016
Daniela

Reviewed on 24/02/2022

Breezy at Sortlist

I like Breezy overall, I've been using it for 2.5 years and our recruitment process goes very smoothly thanks to this tool. Despite the bugs and small issues we have on a regular basis, I wouldn't change Breezy and I think it allows us to create good candidate experience. The only thing which has a negative impact in our case is the fact that many emails sent via Breezy go directly to people's spam folders, so they never see them and we have to always do follow ups or call them.

Pros

It is user friendly, everything is easy to find and use. Most of the features we have access to help us improve our process and create good candidate experience.

Cons

I feel that there are bugs quite often, some buttons stop working or work very slowly. We have difficulties every week, not necessarily big issues to impact our work, but problems which make us lose time as it takes ages to take one action.

Nik

Reviewed on 07/09/2021

Still my favorite ATS

We took Alectrona from an unmanaged state to a managed one for recruiting and applicant tracking, and couldn't be happier. Breezy enables our small hiring team to efficiently process a good volume of applicants, makes comparisons relatively easy, and makes it easy to visualize our progress.

Pros

Easy to set up and configure. Reasonably easy to manage. Video assessments are a killer feature for me; saving immense amounts of time in candidate screening.
Breezy support has been very helpful in troubleshooting and resolving issues with partner job boards.

Cons

The admin UI is... challenging. Functional, certainly, but not particularly easy to comprehend or navigate. Automations and communications can be configured at multiple levels in some cases (such as on an assessment question, for the assessment itself, and for the pipeline stage), meaning that it isn't always intuitive to find the right template to change.
I would really like for *all* communications templates, global or individual, to be managed from the same interface.

BambooHR and Oracle Taleo Cloud
Ryan

Reviewed on 15/07/2022

A very basic ATS with some integrations!

Overall I didn't like Breezy. I think there are much better options for start-ups who are looking to keep costs low when it comes to selecting an ATS. At the very least, you can integrate it with your google workspace, but if you're scheduling a lot of interviews yourself (ex: you're a founder looking for your first 5-10 employees and are doing everything yourself, Breezy will likely slow you down when trying to schedule things). You get what you pay for!

Pros

I guess the pricing was conveniently low for a pre-seed start-up, but you get what you pay for!

Cons

The scheduling tool wasn't great, the resume database was average, moving candidates through the process was painful, the UI was clunky and felt very archaic, the resume parser wasn't reliable, customer service wasn't always very helpful, and their integrations were pretty limited.

Ayesha
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 09/04/2021

Great ATS for high volume recruiting!

Overall, Breezy is a great Applicant Tracking System! I would highly recommend for companies who have high volume recruiting.

It's automations and candidate management is what makes it better from other softwares!

Pros

What I like most about Breezy is the ability to add automations, questionnaires and nurturing campaigns (text messages & email) to different stages of a recruiting funnel (reducing manual work!).

Information regarding the candidate is easy to navigate and the one-way video interviews has been a beneficial feature for us to screen candidates!

The support team is super helpful and quickly responds to your inquiries!

Cons

- Scheduling emails on a specific day/time
- Reminder on how long a candidate has been in a particular stage
- Reporting could be much better
- Automatic tagging when a candidate enters a stage