RingEX Reviews

About RingEX

RingEX is a cloud-based business communications solution that offers tools for Messaging, Video and Phone. Core features of the solution include conferencing, auto-recording and unlimited long-distance and local calling. RingEX...

4.1

Browse RingEX Reviews

1,195 of 1,195 reviews
Max
Max

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

Very Cost Effecient Way to Provide Seamless Phone Service for Local and Remote Employees

I have had a positive experience with RingCentral. We use it for all remote employees and our local conference rooms. Once the IT team had the process down for adding groups and numbers everything has run smoothly.

Pros

RingCentral was very easy to setup for our local office as well as remote employees. We mainly went with RingCentral for this functionality. I could order and ship a phone to a remote employee or set up a phone number for remote employee without them needing a phone and all they would have to do is plug in the phone or log in to RingCentral to get going. Call routing and everything else was seamless to the remote employees.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve in configuring the different groups. The customer success team is there to help you get started over the phone and generally available to help whenever needed. It was a bit of a pain to get started, but this was in 2015. It was quite a few emails back and forth with an account rep to get the right plan and block of numbers.

Vonage Business Communications

Reasons for Switching to RingEX

Pricing and features made us choose RingCentral.
cindy
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 31/10/2023

ring central is awesome

Awesome experience, so far so good, reliable cost saving

Pros

User friendly and easy to set up. Time and money saving

Cons

no refunds on down time, you just have to call your sales team

Avaya Cloud Office

Reasons for Choosing RingEX

Ring Central was running the platform, so we made the switch

Avaya Cloud Office

Reasons for Switching to RingEX

Ring central was cheaper and support was awesome

Response from RingCentral

Hey Cindy, the Review Team appreciates your feedback! We are proud to provide you with a user-friendly experience that is easily implemented.
If you have questions or want to continue the conversation, please email us at [email protected].

Replied 21/11/2023
Sandy

Reviewed on 19/05/2020

Calls Drop Constantly

Having a system that allows you to take calls from any device makes privacy a lot easier--no need to give out your personal number for business purposes. Also, if people can have calls forwarded it's not necessarily required to give everyone a company-provided smartphone, a huge cost savings as well.

Pros

The RingCentral system allows you to seamlessly use your same phone number on your physical desk phone, laptop, and has an app for your smartphone. As someone who takes a lot of calls in conference rooms for privacy, it's nice to have the calls available on my smartphone versus having to transfer the call to a conference room phone. I also appreciate that the contact list is built into the system so I don't have to search for employees' extensions and whatnot. During times when we work remotely it helps that I don't have to set up call forwarding or anything like that, it's like I never left the office really.

The software we have also enables easier international calling from your phone, we are a global company so this is used frequently. The app is easy to use which is nice.

Cons

The biggest issue that we run into is that calls drop a lot in the middle of the call. For example, when I would call colleagues in NY and Dublin, halfway through the call, regardless of where I was located, the call would drop and the app wouldn't reconnect to the data or wifi on my phone, so I'd have to completely reboot my smartphone to get back into the app. It wouldn't be a big deal if it happened every once in a while but I have run into this 5-7 times per week which puts a big strain on my workload.

Top RingEX Alternatives

Cisco Unified Communications Manager

Allen
  • Industry: Medical Practice
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 08/03/2024

Review For RingCentral MVP

Pretty awesome and amazing and I would recommend that RingCentral to all of my friends.

Pros

I like RingCentral MVP because this is an all-in-one unified communications app for businesses. It provides messaging, video, and phone solutions in a single, unified application.

Cons

One least likely thing about that the mobile app RingCentral MVP integrates well and gets the job done, it can sometimes lag and be a bit clunky.

Martha
Martha
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 16/07/2021

RingCentral way better by far!

They are by far 100 times better then Nextiva!

Pros

Everything, very friendly software.
I love the software.

Cons

A couple of times my text did not go out. But was fixed after I reported the issue.

Nextiva

Reasons for Choosing RingEX

Was with RingCentral, switched to Nextiva, two days after switching I knew it was the biggest mistake. Everything was wrong with Nextiva. There was never a solution, only we are trying to fix the problem. 3weeks later. We are trying to fix the problem. No thank you!

Nextiva

Reasons for Switching to RingEX

I had already tried both.

Reviewed on 05/12/2022

A pretty good office phone system not cost effective at all!

See above. The only problem is cost and customer service.

Pros

The main things this system does well; call routing, mobile access, voicemail, call transfers.

Cons

This software takes a very long time to set up and get rolled out to the team. This is not cheap and only gets more expensive over time. Their customer service is terrible. I have to search to find out anything on my own. I have tired to schedule numerous meetings with my account manager and usually don't get a reply. The last time we actually got one scheduled he flaked and never called into the meeting. I had my whole team there waiting.

Reviewed on 19/05/2021

Ringcentral not as easy as it appears to be.

Overall it has been an okay experience but It would be even better if clients could log in a bit easier.

Pros

I like that this product allows me to easily share my screen and record the screen sharing for meetings that I have daily with clients.

Cons

About half of the clients who try to log in have trouble at some point. Some of these clients are never able to login. Me personally I have had no problem with the software but for those non-tech savvy clients it has been an ongoing issue.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

RingCentral MVP is great for internal collaboration

Although we do not love their customer service department, overall it is worth the money.

Pros

It was easy to install, and it is easy to use.

Cons

The customer service department is improving but it still takes a long time to resolve issues. There is a lot of waiting on hold for unimportant tasks.

Response from RingCentral

Hey Sarah, thank you for your terrific feedback; we love to hear how RingCentral MVP is easy to install and user-friendly! To share more or discuss your experience further, please email the Review Team at [email protected]. Thank you!

Replied 04/12/2023
Luke

Reviewed on 20/11/2023

RingCentral

RingCentral has been easy to use and implement and recommend for small or large businesses.

Pros

The ease of use and ability for our sales team to be able to answer calls that are meant for our team during business hours, and have a simple and organized location for all after-hours calls.

Cons

No specific cons at this time. Before, the app did not include HUD features which made it more difficult, but this has been addressed.

Response from RingCentral

Hey Luke, we love to hear how our product delivers an organized solution that is easy for your team to implement! Thank you for sharing your experience with us and the community; if you would like to share more, please do not hesitate to email us at [email protected].
We appreciate you!

Replied 04/12/2023
Eric
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 05/08/2023

work smart not harder work from home

This was an absolutely vital tool during the pandemic.

Pros

Being able to have my full class in the video conference.

Cons

It's a bit difficult to do large video conferences requiring a bit of maneuvering.

Response from RingCentral

Eric, thank you for taking the time to express how our product has positively impacted you. If you want to tell us more, email us at [email protected]; the Review Team appreciates your feedback!

Replied 09/08/2023
Ryan

Reviewed on 27/10/2021

They saved us from an ancient ShoreTel system, and helped us embrace remote work

RingCentral has been in business voip for a long time now. They are huge, well defined, and are consistent across the entire experience of sales, design, implementation and training. When you onboard, you feel like you are gaining access to a huge resource that has been doing this long enough to have their game down. You pay more for that kind of experience, and it was worth it to us.

Pros

The platform feels modern and robust. I like that end users can install the client without us having to deploy msi's. The sound quality alone on calls was night in day from our onprem system with SIP trunks. We were worried about quality, but it's been a non issue. It's nice having a platform that is constantly improving over time, without us having to shell out more money to prod the vendor to offer more. If you have solid internet connections into your business, you'll be fine.

Cons

The offering was a little on the pricier side compared to competitors. Worth it in my opinion though.

Reasons for Choosing RingEX

Running an on prem pbx just doesn't make sense anymore when you have fast internet access. We decided our time was more valuable in other areas of the business.

Reasons for Switching to RingEX

Ring felt the most mature and well developed out of the other offerings. We were willing to pay more for a better overall product and support experience. The platform does feel like unified communication, and is flexible enough with API access that we'll be able to change how we use it over time. The other offerings often felt bolted together from acquisitions to get into the space. Ring felt a little more robust and fleshed out compared to the others.
Brandi

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

Ring Central is better than the trendy apps for business calls!

With Ring Central, we're able to record calls for training, make seamless transfers to other team members, block spam callers, and our team is able to have access to one shared company line as well as private extensions. It's a business-saver when we all work remotely!

Pros

The call recording has been huge for training our team members. The ability to transfer a call to someone with the Ask First is a feature not many apps allow, AND the fact that if my team member can't answer, I can then transfer the call back to myself for taking a message is something we haven't found in any other phone app. In other apps, if I did an Ask First transfer then the person was just lost entirely which was not good for business.

Cons

The one thing that has been less favorable is that your native phone app can/will ring over top of the Ring Central app. So it's possible to be on a Ring Central call and then have your native app ring in a call on top and you can't hear the Ring Central call. I also wish that if one of my other team members answers a call on our shared line, it wouldn't show as a missed call for me. But these are little things compared to all the benefits of the RC app.

Thomas
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 05/06/2023

Streamlined Communication and Stellar Service

The platform's user-friendly interface made setting up and managing our phone system incredibly easy. The call quality was exceptional, ensuring crystal-clear conversations with clients and colleagues. The range of features, such as call routing and voicemail transcription, greatly improved our efficiency and productivity. Overall, RingCentral provided a seamless and reliable communication solution that greatly enhanced our business operations. Can't recommend this product enough.

Pros

We used the optional onboarding PM for our deployment to free up time with our IT Department and it was well worth the investment. This allowed us for a seamless go-live deployment!

Cons

While the admin user interface is nice looking, it can be a little daunting at first because configurations can be done many ways. Further to this, it is not possible to test a 'what-if' after you are done programming (for example what-if a call comes in on X and they do Y where does the call get routed) leaving you to deploy into production and potentially cause downtime or issues.

8x8 Work , Microsoft Teams and Zoom Phone

Reasons for Choosing RingEX

The lack of features, customization and minimal support, compounded the issues we already had with the system's requirements.

Reasons for Switching to RingEX

We found that while the price was a little higher than most of these products, the support and feature set that came with RingCentral really fit our company.
Andres
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 10/11/2022

Excellent tool

Excellent, it is efficient, easy to use, and reliable.

Pros

It is a completely efficient tool; it can be easily used with either a small or large team. It has all kinds of tools useful to keep efficient call tracking, performance log, and analytics.

Cons

I do not consider I have something I do not like from this software at the moment.

CloudTalk

Reasons for Choosing RingEX

The previous tool did not include half of the features found in RingCentral

Reasons for Switching to RingEX

The reviews, pricing, support during the purchase, and general information
Ian

Reviewed on 22/06/2023

Incredible Phone Management

We have had an excellent experience using RingCentral MVP. It has been essential for our communication within our team and with our clients. I would recommend to any company looking to have great video and telephone communications.

Pros

We utilize the ability to manage all our users phones and licensing form the admin portal. Uses connections are very reliable and the VoIP options help us be more mobile. The administration is easy to learn and setup. Users are able to quickly pick up how to use phones.

Cons

If we had to pick a con for this it would be that it really makes you use their phones if you want a physical phone at desks. It would be nice to use other brands.

Zoom Phone

Reasons for Switching to RingEX

We choose RingCentral MVP over Zoom phone due to them having more features and better pricing.

Reviewed on 28/02/2020

A Buggy Phone System, and an Unethical Company

It was good to start, but as of late the service has gotten worst and the product has gotten worse.

Pros

It works sometimes. 90% of the calls make it to me and I'm able to pick them up and speak to the person on the other end. Sometimes they hear me clearly other times they are not able to understand me.

Cons

A phone system that is buggy, drops on customers and is not built for any serious company with real customers.

Beware of Dodgy Contract: This is a company that has an auto-renew yearly contract with month to month payments and when service and support go out the windows and the phone system doesn't work, you are still locked into a contract.

Overpriced for what you get.

GoTo Connect

Reasons for Switching to RingEX

It had the features we needed. Features that don't work are hardly features.
Dawn
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

Ring Central (the future phone)

Benefits from Ring Central for me are the recorded lines. I deal with a lot of chargebacks and unhappy customers at times. To deal with them I need to have facts of what they are telling me and none other than a recorded line will get me those facts of the conversations had earlier with other employees, to determine the outcome of the issue presented to me.

Pros

My favorite pro on Ring Central are all the lines are recorded and there is easy access to pull up those calls. You simply log into your account on ringcentral.com and all calls can be searched by day, time or phone number. You can save the recordings to your computer and send them where applicable. Another pro is the phone has bluetooth capability. I have hooked up my head set to Ring Centrals phone lines several times. You also can easily transfer calls, add a conference call (3-way calling) and put the phone on DND (Do Not Disturb) if busy. My current Ring Central phone has 4 incoming lines available to ring, although I usually only need 2 lines. My first and last name is also on my phone. You can also set up for your phone to have different ring tones for different people and keep a phone book available on the phone for easy access of calling the people you call the most.

Cons

I have found two cons for Ring Central: Since the phone runs off of internet, if the wifi signal goes down, so does the phone. Unfortunately you will need to wait until the wifi connects again for the phone line to become active again. I do believe there is way to hard wire the phone line as well where it is not connected to wifi. The second would be the recorded calls only go back as far as 3 months. Sometimes in business we need to go back a little further than 3 months.

Memory
Memory
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

Reviewed on 19/02/2021

Good for inner-office messaging but not for task management

I pretty much already said everything in my previous comments. This was already being used when I started working for this company so I don't know how it's measured up to people's initial expectations. But it is useful for messaging coworkers and discussing projects and other work-related topics. We use RingCentral meetings a lot. Not only does the entire office use it for our daily morning meetings, but it's also used a lot by individual teams to discuss their projects. This is another feature that has been especially useful during COVID. We used to use it some when we were all working in the office, but it's been a great tool for communicating with coworkers now that we are all home and can't easily walk down the hall to someone's office.

From what I understand, this software is owned by Zoom so it has a lot of similar features to that meetings platform. So people that are familiar with Zoom would probably have an easy time figuring out how to use RingCentral meetings.

I really dislike the desk phones though - which we received as part of our RingCentral package. They are way too complicated to use so I almost always used my personal cell phone to make work-related calls. I actually find the RingCentral Phone app a lot more intuitive and easier to use than the desk phones.

Pros

I like that you can set up different groups/teams to discuss things with people that are relevant to the conversation. For example, each company department can have their own team or one can be set up for a specific project and you can choose to only add the people involved with that project. You can also have private chats with with one or more people, then turn that chat into a team of you determine that world be beneficial.

I also like that you can tag people, decreasing the chance that they'll overlook the message, know it's something important they need to view/respond to, and will see the message more quickly (if they have tagged-notifications turned on in their account settings).

It's also nice that it's likes to the office phone system. It allows you to take phone calls made to your office phone on your cell phone if you have the RingCentral phone app (RC Phone) installed. This has been especially useful during COVID. We've been working from home for almost a full year and most people didn't take their desk phones home with them. It's great to be able to receive work calls even though we haven't been in the office.

It also integrates with meetings. Each person has their own, unique meeting URL to use if they are scheduling meetings on the calendar. But you can also start a meeting directly within a team and everyone on the team will get notified that they are being called into a meeting.

Cons

My company was trying to use this for the reasons I described above, but also as a task-management tool. Although there are some task-management features built into the software, it's definitely not what I would recommend for that purpose.

Because the main purpose of this is for messaging colleagues, the layout is not great for keeping your tasks organized and helping you stay on top of all the various projects you have going on at once. When tasks are assigned to people, they quickly get lost among all the messages that are posted after the assigned-task notification. When we were using this as our only task-management tool, people would often forget about tasks, miss the deadlines, etc.

Bob

Reviewed on 12/12/2023

Fantastic Voice Over IP phone system

Pros

Great product works like a charm, I use this product daily along with almost all of my customers. The overall easy use of this product makes it 5 stars. I have a few clients who have the most basic computer skills that mastered and love this product.

Cons

I wish there were a few more features available when it comes to voicemail such as sharing a saved voicemail with another user outside of ones company.

Response from RingCentral

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback about our VoIP phone system! We're delighted that you find RingCentral MVP a fantastic product that works seamlessly for you and your customers daily. We also appreciate your insights into the user-friendliness of our product; we're happy to hear that even clients with basic computer skills find it easy to use!
Your feedback on the voicemail features is valuable; we encourage you to explore our ideas portal. Here, you can share your ideas as well as engage with ideas submitted by others. The ideas portal can be accessed here: https://ideas.ringcentral.com/, or you can access it on the mobile app by selecting your profile photo and scrolling down to Suggest a feature.

We're here to ensure that your experience with RingCentral remains excellent; if you want to share more, please get in touch with us at [email protected]. Thank you for choosing RingCentral; we look forward to continuing to meet your communication needs!

Replied 13/12/2023
Stephen
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Ring Central for Medium Businesses

We use RingCentral daily as our main phone system and we have a customer call center that uses the phone system very heavily. In general we have not had any major downtime with RingCentral but we do have the strange glitches that cause some users headaches trying to get the softphone to work correctly for them. The phone system works most of the time but because we use Plantronics headsets there can be some tricky configuration that users have difficulties with from time to time.

Pros

RingCentral Softphone app is similar to a cell phone which makes it easy for people to relate to the functions of the softphone app. We use Glip, the messaging system that is part of the RingCentral phone app every day and we particularly like the gif feature that allows you to search for gifs and post them to chat. I also like that you can have the RingCentral phone app on both your desktop or laptop computer and your cell phone and you can transfer calls between the two devices pretty easily. The contacts tab on the softphone app is also a great feature that allows us to search for anyone in the company's number easily and quickly and is a great improvement over our last voip system.

Cons

There are a lot of strange glitches with RingCentral that happen, like when a user cannot make or receive phone calls and the only way to fix the issue is to reboot the user's computer (only seen on Windows 7 computers).We have also had strange issue where a user is not logged into a queue and is set to busy or do not disturb as their status and they get missed calls even though their phone never rang. The support and web results for any issue you search for are not helpful and definitely seem to be filtered to make it seem that there are no issues with the RingCentral softphone app. I also do not like how the phone app will take over my keyboard when I get a call and stop me from completing whatever I was typing when the call came in.

Gabriel
Gabriel

Reviewed on 05/04/2018

Overall great solution for business phone service

Overall good product but there is a learning curve on the setup (Complex interface) and their phone support isn't great

Pros

Very powerful solution that can be fully managed through their online interface. I like the support of all of the Polycom phones, support for presence, call queue setups, schedules, etc. It's a very comprehensive system that does a LOT.

Cons

Two issues we have.....

1) We used to use phone.com and we found we had better control of the call flow using their system. We've run into some call flow planning issues due to limitations of Ring Central.

2) WOW their customer support is bad bad bad! At least I just had a terrible experience. We hired a new employee and I needed to setup his phone. We had an existing line setup that we weren't using. I just needed to update the line to use his new phone. It wouldn't let me add his phone to the existing line and wanted me to make a new line. I did that and then I had two lines on the extension. I tried to delete one of the extensions and it said I cannot. I call support and the lady on the phone said she "Ok I can fix this for you but don't ever let this happen again". She was dead serious. I got upset at her about that comment. Long story short, she kept me on hold for 35 minutes then said she couldn't do it and they would call me when it's done. I called back in the next day, talked to someone else and within 10 minutes everything was fixed. What the hell!

Lance

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Equivalent alternatives exist at a significantly lower cost

Telephone auto attendants have become somewhat commoditized in their pricing. It's beyond understanding then that Ringcentral would undertake a pricing revision that tripled the monthly cost of their SaS to our company. Perhaps they're contemplating a merger/offering and attempting to boost their value short-term. I can't imagine that in the middle to long term many Ringcentral customers will accept the new pricing strategy when so many lower-priced equivalent alternatives exist.

Pros

Reliable-- over three years of use the web based system did not have any notable downtime. Ease of use-- easy to implement our telephone map on the Ringcentral system.

Cons

Customer service. Our company had three separate Ringcentral accounts. Sadly, after several years of using Ringcentral they changed their "pricing strategy" which doubled, and then tripled our monthly service charge-- although we did not change our business or the way we used the software.

Grasshopper

Pricing
Lisa
Lisa

Reviewed on 18/11/2016

Daily Users - Great Theories, Low Functionality, Horrible Support

Don't bother asking for a dedicated support technician. We've been at this for two years and have had like 12 "dedicated" support techs. They have insanely high turnover. Half their customer support reps don't know what they're doing. They're friendly, but that isn't what I need. I need someone with the knowledge to manipulate their complicated system. In theory, it should be a snap to use, but the tutorials and help areas are very outdated and no longer applicable. Also, when you login from the same computer, indeed even the same browser and you haven't even closed it, you just "log out, and log right back in" you are going to see different menu items available to you. Sometimes it logs you into your extensions even though you don't have an extension saved or input in the login screen... and no, it isn't my cache, my settings, etc. etc. I have even tried from computers without things saved. We have missed SO many calls and messages because of the difficulty in function and use of this call system. We are looking for another provider - cost isn't important for us, we need functionality and reliability.

Pros

Multi-user support with simultaneous phone ringing
Text message friendly that updates on all screens/phones
Fax integration so you can receive faxes digitally on the go

Cons

Horrible ignorant customer service who screws up your entire account
Inconsistent reliability of the mobile app and service
Cannot have 2 external phone numbers ringing the same phones on 1 account login

Brian
Brian

Reviewed on 05/04/2019

Once I switched to using my cell - life got so much better

As a person who is typically third on the hierarchy of phone calls I have really hated having to cover the phones when people have been out. One day, after a few particularly long phone calls my neck was hurting and I decided that I needed to stop using the regular handset. I brought my Bluetooth device in the next day and started using the app. This app has been a lifesaver. I am happier now having both hands available. Furthermore, the ability to transfer calls to different people is very smart. I have the ability to even send to people's personal number where on the old app I couldn't do that. I have tried to use the messaging app, but as of yet we are still using Teams for our internal messages. Thank you for the App RingCentral!

Pros

I actually have been fairly skeptical of the software since I've been using the IP phone for a year and a half. I was never too proud of it and what it could do. However, once I have switched to using the app on my phone and a bluetooth, I really couldn't be any happier. I have full powers and the ability to even transfer to personal cell phones. I am happy now.

Cons

When we were all using IP phones we had different phones and that made some things not behave well at all. Other than that, the app has things in a little different places than the regular Ring Central phone app, but I like it better.

Mary

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Digital Calls at your fingertips

up until this month everything has been great, once we found out about price change our account rep contacted us about the price which was great on their part but they did nothing to try to keep us as a customer due to our company being a long term customer. We are still in process of perhaps moving to a different service.

Pros

It's very user friendly, they have great customer service. Our company has their own account manager which happens to be very helpful.

Cons

They recently increased their prices on lines with local numbers, the price did remain the same for digital lines so our bill is going to go up higher while other companies are offering better prices for the same services.

Grasshopper

Reasons for Switching to RingEX

at the time it had the best reviews.