About Gmail

Gmail is a cloud-based solution that helps businesses streamline communication across the organization via emails. It enables professionals to sort inbox messages into various categories and place emails into new tabs using a...

4.8
4.7
4.8

Browse Gmail Reviews

• Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 21/06/2022

Better than most, Worse than some.

Overall experience, aside from the annoyances previously listed about IMAP slowness, has been good. I will hand it to them, their uptime is exceptional. In my ten years of daily business use, I can count on one hand the number of times gmail / Google for Business has had email outages. It is extremely stable.

Pros

I came from an Exchange server to Gmail when forced upon me by a new company. At first I wasn't a fan, and after a decade I find it still has its shortcomings, but overall it's still the best service I've used. The spam filters are second to none which is the #1 reason I rate this far and above other email providers.

Cons

Surprisingly, Gmail doesn't scale very well. Gmail's "labels" paradigm is similar but different than the folders you'd find in an exchange server, or even a generic IMAP server. Still, they've done an OK job mimicking the IMAP folder setup, although their implementation is woefully slow when using a desktop or mobile client. The native web client, while clunky, is by far the fastest and most efficient way to access a massive mailbox of hundreds of thousands of messages and thousands of labels. My #1 complaint about gmail (for Business) is that it's simply too slow once your mailbox gets too big if you depend on a desktop mail client as I do.

• Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 28/07/2022

Not my favorite email client

Pros

Gmail does have some redeeming qualities in it'd search functions, predictive text, and templates that make it more efficient overall.

Cons

I just can't get past the substandard inbox organization, disappearing emails and shoddy spam filter. These negatives far outweigh and minimally helpful other features that are available.

• Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 28/04/2022

Best email service without downloading an email client

Excellent. I've been going Gmail strong for over 15 years now.

Pros

Gmail's search function is what keeps me coming back. Outlook's search function is terrible. I love that I can also have multiple Gmail email addresses and have the email forwarded from them to the main one I use. This is helpful when subcontracting and I get assigned a company email. I have a subcontractor Outlook account that is a pain to use. I also use the labels and email filters which are super helpful. I can't stand that Outlook puts emails in a different subfolder b/c I forget to check it and miss emails. But Gmail keeps it in the inbox and applies the label to it. Gmail also has a free scheduling tool called Koalendar that is just like Calendly but better.

Cons

I don't like the ads for personal gmail or the privacy concerns. For business gmail, I don't have any ads and that's helpful. It doesn't integrate with Google meeting as well as I'd like (and Google Meeting isn't that great). I no longer use the chat function, but I used to about 10 years ago.

Thunderbird

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Yahoo Mail had too many ads

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

I like the web-based email better than a desktop client

Top Gmail Alternatives

Yahoo Small Business

Gonzalo
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 23/07/2022

My favourite email provider

Pros

Seamless integration across platforms and devices.

Cons

It doesn't play nicely with all desktop email clients.

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Better experience across platforms.

Reviewed on 08/08/2022

Gmail NU

Pros

It's nice that it has a lot more users than before. It is becoming more common day by day. In this way, it is very easy to communicate with my customers.

Cons

It's missing some settings. I continue to receive emails from email addresses that I have spammed or blocked. They need to get their hands on this issue.

Ravi
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 28/06/2022

Great email app

Pros

What I like most about this application is that, I can share and send a wide variety of files such as documents, images, videos among others, I like that it is very easy to use and allows me to manage a large number of emails, I also Like that I can communicate from the same application safely.

Cons

What I like least about this application is that, you must when when the recivaled important emails go to the spam folder and I do not receive a notification that they were received, at the time of envar heavy files as videos among others does not allow you to send them and sometimes it is a Not very annoying that.

Darko
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 01/08/2022

Gmail review

I have been using Gmail for over 10 years. It's the best service for my emails.

Pros

It is a great piece of software. What I like the most is the ability given to the user to write, send and receive emails on a professional level.
It is easy to manage and write emails, and it is a fast delivery service.
The UI/UX is always fresh and updated with a lot of custom-made templates, and the overall folder structure is on point.
Also; I like the option for creating custom folders where you can collect your emails and organize them by their content.

Cons

Sometimes some of the emails can end up in the spam or junk folder.

Andres

Reviewed on 19/07/2022

Excellent option for institutional emails

Pros

My university uses Gmail as institutional email, it has seemed excellent to me because as students, thanks to email we have access to other Google services, it has been easy for the university to spread communications, it is easy to find a professor's email and many other advantages.

Cons

Gmail does not usually differentiate very well which emails are spam and which are not, you have to constantly check the spam folder to make sure there is no important email there.
It would be nice if you could organize the emails that arrive and separate them into personal, communications, tasks, etc.

Rodion

Reviewed on 06/08/2022

Don't see any reason to use any other email provider

Great! No need to use any other email server. Gmail has everything one could need.

Pros

The functionality is vast. Everyone can customize it to their own needs. Everything works smoothly, and having used it for years, I haven't found any bugs or errors.

Cons

The functionality is so wide that it's sometimes hard to figure out how to do what you need. This is probably the only 'con' of using Gmail that I can think of.

Gregor

Reviewed on 11/06/2022

Gmail is, in my opinion, definitely the best option for a corporate email system

Many things - emails across teams and partners, including document-sharing and creating a record of interactions. More importantly for me is using Gmail to manage my logins to other apps/websites and also to manage my calendar, including organising meetings and responding to invitations from others. It works so well honestly.

Pros

It's so well-integrated into other Google products, it's great that it's set up to alert me when someone comments on a google sheet, slide or doc that I have sent them. It's really well-integrated with Jira, also notifying me of changes. I like that we can use Gmail at my work without it including Gmail in the address - and that I can so easily use it in tandem with Okta to manage my logins. It's easy to search for historical emails, easy to control spam/promotions etc. and easy to tag colleagues in emails. I like being able to clearly see my calendar within Gmail and how easy it is to create new events and to invite colleagues. It's also easy to deal with event invitations from other colleagues and to add them to my calendar. I like how easy it is to store multiple accounts on one device. It's also great that it's easy to unsubscribe from undesired emails. I personally find it so much easier to use than Outlook.

Cons

Tiny things: when I report something as spam, it doesn't always mean that every email from that address in future automatically goes to spam as well. The thing I definitely find most annoying is that emails disappear from the main page once a certain number (500?) are in my inbox. If I am away from work for a few days, this makes it really difficult to locate emails that I may have been sent during that time as they seem to have disappeared (I know I could find them by searching, but this is not always possible).

Oussama
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 28/05/2022

Email me by Gmail !

I use Gmail a lot in my correspondence with my professors, as a researcher in international business, I prefer to use Gmail over my practical email for my university because it makes it very easy for me to organize my mail and prevent spam messages, and most importantly, I can transfer my files smoothly because most of them have a very large capacity, so I use Google Drive-In that and this is not available in my university email
Gmail allowed me to create a professional signature bearing my photo and my university logo and know myself very well to compensate for that.

Pros

Gmail works very efficiently, whether on the phone or computer
The user interface is organized and uncluttered and allows focus
The notifications are very convenient as well as the options available allow the application to be adapted according to the user's preferences and this creates a lot of flexibility
The ability to add digital signatures and logos works very smoothly and allows adding very difficult designs, which is not available in other types of applications and this creates a real sense of belonging for the user because he can form the image he desires about his person or business
Integration with Google Drive is great and allows you to share large files smoothly

Cons

So far, I don't see any flaws in using it
But with the continuous digital developments, I would advise the Gmail team to invest in the field of voice-to-speech for users who do not prefer typing much. It will be a very powerful feature.
I can also recommend the development of the suggestion system so that it suggests suitable writing templates for use according to the specialty that the user needs

Raj
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 16/05/2022

A most versatile email communication tool that is free to use

Overall, Gmail has almost every feature to offer better communication to a large range of users. It is so efficient that it has become synonymous with the service it offers e.g. Xerox stands for photocopy and Gmail stands for email.

Pros

1. Gmail helps you organize your email in folders and labels. You can even mark stars to quickly retrieve important messages whenever you need them.
2. The search feature is most useful where you can use the different combinations to reach your desired messages.
3. Gmail is almost spam-free as it helps you report spam and unsubscribe unwanted push mails.
4. Snooze and task features are the best for time management, especially when you get too many emails where some action is required to be taken.
5. It is well-integrated with other Google tools like chat, tasks, calendar, and contacts to help you get maximum mileage from your communications.
6. The settings are quite detailed and help you finetune the tool to your needs.
7. Categorisation options like ‘Unread first’ and ‘priority inbox’ make life easier for busy people.
8. Gmail is also available for business users with enterprise-friendly features for fast communication intra-organization also.
9. Trash keeps your deleted emails for 30 days.
10. You can sign in with multiple mail IDs on multiple devices and keep your work and personal life separate.

Cons

1. The spam feature is not foolproof. Some important messages creep into your inbox and it may become chaotic to deal with too many unwanted messages.
2. Word editing options on the compose page are limited.
3. You need to go to the sent folder to check if the mail was successfully delivered or not. Gmail may introduce the blue tick feature to check if the mail was delivered and read.
4. Large files may quickly fill up your free storage space.
5. There is scope for improvement in the interface to keep people more organized.

Bethany
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 18/05/2022

I always come back to Gmail

Pros

I've tried quite a few different email clients, both for personal and for business purposes, but nothing competes with Gmail in my eyes. To me, the biggest benefits are the ease of creating and using multiple accounts, the better-than-average search feature, and the powerful filtering feature. These three aspects are key to keeping me organized—I can separate personal, professional, and spam content, quickly navigate past emails to find key terms from past messages, and set up automatic features that keep my inbox clean while still enabling me to save all the emails I'm interested in receiving.
I'm also really loving Gmail's integration with my Calendar(?), which pulls important deadline dates from my emails and gives me push notifications to remind me to take action!

Cons

Over the past few years, I've only had two major concerns about Gmail!

First, I don't find the Social and Promotions inboxes to be well-designed enough to be worth using. The delineations tend to feel arbitrary, and I don't personally find it to be a time-saver. I would personally prefer inbox options that made it easier to pull out emails TRULY sent directly to me (not sent to an email list or even BCC recipients) and perhaps an inbox that pulled out emails mentioning dates/timelines/expiration dates so that I could prioritize those.

Second, I find the Auto-Responder system frustratingly basic. Right now, it suffices to set out of office alerts for vacations, but it's a bit "all or nothing"—on or off, directed to everyone or not. I would like to see two options: (1) the ability to set recurring Auto-Responders to reflect recurring time off or similar and (2) the ability to set Auto-Responders to reply only to those with whom a user has NOT previously corresponded. Right now, the system allows users to set responses to Contacts Only, but adding every person with whom one corresponds to one's contacts is incredibly time-consuming. Being able to do so in bulk or use another workaround would be incredibly helpful!

Ernesto
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 11/05/2022

GMail - No other email can compare

I have been using Gmail since beta testing it before it became live for all to use and I have not gone back. I do have several other emails on other apps like Outlook and Yahoo, but I never use them and keep coming back to my Gmail and its clean integration into all my other Google services.

Pros

The functionality of Gmail is not only robust, but it is simple to master and will soon have you integrating with your calendar and with the many other add-ons you can attach.

Cons

The only improvement I would make is to flip the current/response message to the top of emails as it currently shows below

Yahoo Mail and Microsoft Outlook

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

I was a happy to be a beta tester for Gmail before it launched and have been using it ever since. The clean integration into my Google Account, Android phone and Chrome book make it integral to my personal and professional digital lives.

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

Its the best, it integrates fully into the rest of my services and I cannot say how much I refuse to budge in moving onto any other email service.
Caren

Reviewed on 06/04/2022

The best email management system with the highest level of privacy and security

For example, Gmail enabled me to archive and save emails and attachments on a cloud storage service so that I could access them at any time, allowing me to have greater flexibility and privacy while surfing or sending emails. I was able to sign up for and use a slew of websites and applications thanks to it, and the process was seamless and simple.

Pros

I love Gmail's user interface, how it can be customized so that incoming email is automatically sorted by content, so you can easily read it and find the most important ones. I also like the feature of blocking unwanted messages and saving them in a separate file. I also like the security standards that it has so that it alerts you when you click on any link that may have an unreliable source. I love how you can archive and save messages and also how easy it is to search and find them. I also like how to format the content of outgoing messages, in terms of changing the font size and color, as well as adding images and attachments, and also adding contacts. I also like how the mobile app syncs with the desktop so that you find the same content in both cases, and the mobile app is very similar to the desktop app as it gives you enough flexibility to read and send messages. I also like that Gmail is a reference for all Google applications that can be used by logging in with it.

Cons

I don't think there are things that I don't like about Gmail, as it is very ideal, as the user can within a minute create his own Gmail for free, and has many features to manage emails and contacts and also save attachments with ease.

Ashikuzz

Reviewed on 12/03/2022

Perfect for email management.

As for email marketing, we use it with Google Workspace. The syncing on different devices work perfectly. We are amazed at the fact that email management can be handled automatically which reduces the workload from the coworkers.

Pros

Our company has been using Gmail services with Google Workspace. As it comes in combo, this is a great price saver. The free version also offers enough storage for email handling. The search features are excellent. All inboxes can be seen together which keeps the clock on time making it easy to see the load of emails in a day. Personally I found the mobile application more convenient.

Cons

Well, the price standing alone would not be ideal for all. IMAP doesn’t integrate well. The notification takes time to be on screen. File attachment limit in single email doesn’t meet the demand.

Atomic Email Studio

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Zoho mail interface didn’t look well. Also, the price seems high in comparison to features and functionality.

Zoho Mail

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

Google services have better reputation.
Cushi
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 08/03/2022

Do people actually use other email clients? Gmail is EXCELLENT!

Gmail allows me to send, receive and manage email in an effective and straightforward way. Because it is integrated into an ecosystem of Google apps that I heavily rely on, it provides even more value to me. These integrations help me to manage my calendar, work on/manage collaborative projects, manage documents, access cloud based file storage and much more. Gmail also integrates into my Google Pixel Phone/Android OS to highlight important info from my emails (such as appointments and important deadlines) without me ever opening that particular email. Overall, I think this is a great email management solution.

Pros

The thing I like most about Gmail is its reliability. No matter what, I know that I can open my browser right now, navigate to Gmail and it will open seamlessly and flawlessly while keeping my information safe and keeping my inbox organized and Spam free. I love that my inbox is now segmentes into a general inbox, a social inbox and a promotions inbox which I use for my newsletters. This makes the process of sorting through emails much easier and more streamlined. I also enjoy the layout of the inbox and the simplicity of its design. It makes for a comfortable user friendly experience. I also love that Gmail is part of a vast ecosystem of extremely useful and powerful Google web based apps. I can send a document through Gmail straight from Google Docs. I can search Google Drive from the dashboard of the email I'm composing. I can send event invitations without ever leaving google calendar and so much more.

Cons

To my knowledge, Gmail does not have any readily available tips & tricks or integrations to help users to better manage the insane amounts of email we receive each day. The segmented inbox is great, but a system that users can tap into would be even better.

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

At the time, I was looking for a more professional sounding email address than "@hotmail.com." Gmail was the new kid on the block and seemed to be the most cutting edge option. I tried it and haven't looked back since. over the years, it's only gotten better.

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

I preferred the ease of use, the look and feel, the color scheme and the domain of gmail over Outlook and Yahoo Mail.
Edgar

Reviewed on 24/01/2022

The email tool you use everywhere

As an email tool it seems to me an excellent option, even more so when you can create business email environments, but I must confess that the integration to which the same tool FORCES you when using a mobile device has not been very friendly from my point of view. (Having your contacts associated with your email account, almost mandatory association; the fact that you can no longer save your phone contacts on the same phone device and everything has to be associated with your email account). But in the end, today, it is still the most used email tool because every android device requires you to have a gmail account.

Pros

Currently Gmail is an email tool used by millions of users that has entered the world of PCs and mobile devices, this has somehow made it possible to facilitate the set up configuration between all the devices that the same user uses, which has its advantage for the short time used to use a new device ready to be used.

Cons

Although it is a stable tool, generally access to emails is done using a browser or an application on a mobile device or a third-party tool that allows POP3 configuration. When one uses the browser or the Gmail application, the reading or selection of the messages is a list of easy understanding and access, however, when you reply to a message or forward to other users, the history of the messages remains in the first message that was received or generated. This, from my point of view as a user, is confusing and unfriendly, because in order to see the history you have to look for the first message, enter its content, look for the history of responses. In other applications, even in Gmail first versions, the messages appeared according to the date when they are received or sent and the story was always attached and one simply had to scroll the screen to read it, they did not have to search for a specific email on a specific date.

Lauren
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 25/01/2022

Gmail Bestmail

My overall experience with Gmail has been great. The features used are handy and easy to navigate and control! I will recommend Gmail to my colleagues and coworkers. I used Gmail through my time at UGA and continue to for personal and work related issues.

Pros

Filtering, searching, archiving, management is all available and extremely easy to use on this platform! I like gmail because it is very easy to understand and comprehensive what’s going on throughout the site. Anyone can use it, along with the features given!

Cons

I’m not sure there are many things I don’t like about this software aside from some deleted mail not being able to be found after a certain amount of time which is expected and the biggest of only a few issues I’ve ever had with other mail services and software.

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

Gmail had a much easier interface and was more accurate to use. There were more features available to me in order to create the messaging service I like to see when opening my mail! I am able to move messages very easily. I will continue to recommend Gmail to others and will continue to use it over other alternative products and software.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 21/01/2022

Gmail being best email software

It's very easy to communicate with different stakeholders, with in the organization, it saves time to schedule company meetings

Pros

Automatic email filters and categories are good features, with Gmail I can talk to people with in the organization and some outside organization via Google chat or Google meet, whether am in a train or in office, Gmail can be used anywhere, it supports all gadgets. When integrating Gmail with other company server. It took only few minutes.

Cons

At times it takes long time to load. Especially when internet connectivity is low

iCloud

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Gmail is user friendly compared, it's interface is attractive.

Yahoo Small Business

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

Gmail is user friendly, easy to use and it's easy to create an account. Most company members have Gmail account so it's easier to contact them
True
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 17/01/2022

Gmail, easy has never been so easy!

Pros

I have been using Gmail for YEARS! I love the features they have added since I've started using, the Google drive, documents, templates, the ease of organizing e-mail folders, the spam blocker. Seriously, what is there NOT to like!? Gmail separates promotional mail, social and general, and spam mail as well. That alone is a HUGE help! Spam is automatically deleted after 30 days and the use can set up timed deletion for other e-mails in the trash folder.

The are truly far too many pros to list but, Gmail's organizational tools to keep your inbox clear and clutter free, plus the Google Drive storage options, plus the add-ons, plus other marketing tools if needed puts Gmail ahead of other digital mail platforms.

Cons

ZERO. There is literally nothing that I like least about Gmail and would be hard pressed to find that anyone has any cons.

Anthony

Reviewed on 14/01/2022

Anthony's Review

Gmail is probably my most used app, I use gmail every day without fail.

Pros

I like that the software ties in to other pieces of software such as Google maps, Chrome, pay, and play. I can also activate the software across multiple devices, effectively joining my devices together for ease of use.

Cons

I would like to be able to undertake a web search directly from gmail, a web search tab within gmail would save time closing one app and opening another, plus a search from gmail could auto fill registration when prompted. If a site asks you to enter all your details, they can be populated automatically because you are searching from a secure login. The aforementioned auto-login would have to be subject to the website and security measures.

Microsoft OneNote

Convenience and product improvement

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

Gmail, suited me better and provided the link to my other products.

Reviewed on 13/01/2022

The Most Effective Email Service

Based on my extensive experience using Gmail, I can confidently state that it is one of the best.
I can effectively control and manage email, schedule messages, set significance and priority, and filter spam.
I was able to save a lot of effort and time, and the best part is that it's all free. I recommend everyone to give it a try, and I'm sure it will change many people's thoughts.

Pros

Gmail is not just an email for exchanging messages, but rather it is an integrated services system, and perhaps the best email service from my point of view and summary of my experience for more than nine years. What I like most is the Interactive interface with shortcuts that facilitate access to various elements.
It works on various environments, whether desktops, tablets, or mobile devices in various operating systems.
The most important unique features are the integration of Gmail with the rest of Google services such as Drive, Google Sheet, and YouTube. It is enough to log in in one place and automatically all services will be synchronized.

Cons

These were the most annoying things for me.
Some of the emails I've received have been labeled as spam, even though they're legitimate and trusted.
Adding electronic signature available on desktop devices and is not available on the mobile app.
Finally, I'm having trouble moving messages from certain senders to new folders I've made rather than the inbox.

Akhil

Reviewed on 13/01/2022

SIMPLE REVIEW ON Gmail

In spite of every one of its cons, I actually feel that this is the best email programming accessible available. It is lightweight that it can run on any web association easily. The apparatus isn't so costly to installed in an organization for authoritative use. I have been involving this instrument throughout the previous 10 years and checking out its AI I think it is one of the most astute made by Google.

Pros

It is exceptionally straightforward, simple to utilize but, it is extremely strong and include total. Everybody coordinates their items with Gmail. No concerns or worries there. It works always. They have a solid spam channel, which is extraordinary. However, it very well might be too solid and genuine messages can undoubtedly lose all sense of direction in your spam organizer. Capacity is imparted to the remainder of Google Drive stuff, so assuming that your Drive or Photos is full you face the challenge of don't getting messages (and to purchase more stockpiling it's very costly). I like the chance of adding contacts to BCC simply in two ticks. What's more, assuming you utilize "append" or "joined" and neglect to connect a document the Gmail will illuminate you regarding that in the pop window. It's so great assuming you are in a gathering of individuals who sends two messages in succession therefore. I love the choices for Labeling and arranging messages as significant or featured. I can utilize free, yet I can pay assuming that there is need for more space, yet, everything is obviously put.

Cons

Gmail is undoubtedly not the only one in this class and greater at it than most, yet Spam and undesirable email content generally appears to spring up out of the blue. In truth, it could have far additional to do with different destinations selling my data yet this is a region Gmail could in any case develop and assist with saving me the migraine of going through and moving them to garbage and afterward erase them out and out subsequently. There are a few irritating bugs. Text can be absent on the open altered email subsequent to limiting the supervisor and opening it once more. Likewise, assuming you have a signature, a photograph can turn out to be only a vacant pic symbol. In some cases when I reorder the message in new mail when sent, the message has a purple tone.

Charles

Reviewed on 12/01/2022

The best free email service on the planet, if you are OK with Google knowing everything about...

Dependable and effective for over 12 years for my personal and business email needs.

Pros

Free, but the most effective and powerful email management tool.

Cons

Not much to dislike, but customer service, or getting a live person to help with technical issues is non existent. Thankfully, the service is robust and customer service is rarely needed.

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Much better and cleaner presentation, ads are almost noticeable and not obtrusive. Ability to enhance features, such as email tracking, scheduling, etc... using plug in tools.

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

I have not found a more robust and feature rich, yet easy to use email product. Gmail is vital to my day to day personal and business life.