Gmail Reviews

About Gmail

Gmail is a cloud-based solution that helps businesses streamline communication across the organization via emails. It enables professionals to sort inbox messages into various categories and place emails into new tabs using a...

4.7

Browse Gmail Reviews

12,185 of 12,185 reviews
Maggie
Maggie
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 16/01/2024

Long Term User

Pros

I've been a Gmail user for 20+ years. It's easy to use and first emails. I love the labeling feature and being able to organize emails from certain people into folder.

Cons

I don't like having to click through pages to view all my emails. And Labels and Folders are not available on android app.

Rebecca

Reviewed on 09/01/2024

The best email for business owners

Integrating Gmail with my calendar, Drive, and website means everything is smooth. My business would be a lot more stilted without Gmail.

Pros

Gmail is by far the clearest, most reliable, and intelligent email manager I've used (and I've used so many)! The folders, filtering, snooze, schedule send, auto-reply, and many other features are used everyday in my business to great effect, helping to reassure clients that I'm a safe pair of hands.

Cons

There's very little I don't enjoy about Gmail. To improve, I'd like even more customisable options, and perhaps more automations to make joining with Calendar even better.

Microsoft Outlook, ProtonMail and iCloud

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

More professional; integrated with Drive and website easier.

Microsoft Outlook

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

Easier, more professional set-up; integrated with other products I use.
George
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 17/01/2024

Gmail Inbox

Pros

I am using Gmail since 2000. Is a low-cost product and is useful for a small company of for a single person.

Cons

In the last months my email address used since 24 years, is confounded with another address and from this reason I am receiving the messages from another person.
On other side the AI used by gmail to filter the message and spam make many mistakes. The algorithms are weaks and the code is obsolete.

Top Gmail Alternatives

Microsoft Azure

Comcast Business VoiceEdge

Microsoft Project

Sheen

Reviewed on 16/01/2024

The best email management tool

Pros

The user interface is very simple and organized. Unlike its competitors, Gmail offers a very "clean" look with varying themes. I like the ability to label my emails and then to easily locate all of them, which is not something other email management tools offer. I also like that there are spaces that we can create to work and communicate together. Additionally, it is a huge advantage to have a hub of other tools available at our disposal, like the whole Google Suite. One can easily link documents, tag contacts, maintain common folders etc.

Cons

The only thing I do not like is that if I send calendar invites, I receive people's responses in my Primary inbox. Even if I change the label to something else, like "Updates", Gmail does not learn and remember that. I have to do that everytime.

Ed
Ed

Reviewed on 19/01/2024

Say Goodbye to Email Chaos

Pros

Gmail isn't just email, it's your digital HQ. Effortless interface, seamless integrations, & rock-solid reliability make it an essential communication tool.

Cons

Privacy concerns: Google's ad-driven model means some users might feel uneasy about data collection practices.

Ama W
Ama W

Reviewed on 23/01/2024

Never miss an email

Gmail makes it easy to carry my emails with me everywhere I go, send and receive mails in minutes and I can use it for personal and professional purposes with top notch security.

Pros

Ease of use, drafts, email categorisation

Cons

There is nothing not to like about Gmail.

Andres Ernesto
Andres Ernesto
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 14/01/2024

My opinion

So far I have not had any serious problems with the service.

Pros

Being such a large product, the security, support and possible integrations are unsurpassed.

Cons

Maybe the only thing, I could mention is the design, I'm looking for any defects.

Lindsey Raye
Lindsey Raye
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Reviewed on 18/02/2024

GMail is the Superior Mail choice

Pros

It’s easy to use, search, save, reply.

You can access it everywhere

Cons

It allows you to be tracked by everything you used google to log in with

Reviewed on 12/01/2024

Gmail software

Excellent since I started longtime ago with many advantages

Pros

Everything easiness simplicity and security

Cons

I like all simplicity easiness and security

ABHAY
ABHAY

Reviewed on 23/01/2024

Best enterprise emailing platform

Pros

I appreciate the user interface of this application, as well as the wide range of templates available.

Cons

It's a bit more expensive than its competitor, which is my biggest concern.

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

I like almost everything about Gmail, except for the pricing.
Maisarah
Maisarah
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 05/03/2021

Nothing better than Gmail

Gmail is the best email service that anyone can have. All the associate service and integration that can be done with Gmail like Google Docs or Google Meet has help me to have more power and control to help managing my daily task better.

Pros

No email hosting software has do the job that Gmail has done. Managing email, auto sign-up for website, access to Google Suite and many more can be done with Gmail account. Gmail also can be upgraded to business account, which i can have my own domain email and using Gmail email hosting service to managing all the incoming email.

Cons

Getting a customer support service from Google is not as easy as it should be. I need to email them and wait for several days for them to finally response to my email, and no option to connect to the support service by phone for my country.

• Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 23/04/2021

I use Gmail everyday for both personal and business use

I have been using the free version of Gmail for years. The amount of features you get access to for free, like Google Docs, Google Forms, and even the ability to forward your website business emails (yourbusiness.com) to your gmail account - all this is just amazing! Switching over to Gmail was the best decision I've ever made.

Pros

I switched over from Yahoo to Gmail years ago because Gmail automatically keeps track of all emails that are sent between parties. Meaning, when you email someone and they email you back, Gmail automatically saves every email you send to each other and keeps it in one thread.

This feature alone is extremely helpful for me in my business. I can always go back into a thread and get business details from that were written months back.

I also like that you can add people into your contacts list. This feature is helpful so that important client emails aren't lost in the land of Spam.

Lastly, I like the way you can label emails and organize them into categories and folders. This feature prevents my inbox from getting cluttered and makes past emails easy to find.

Cons

When you open a new account, sometimes it's a bit confusing to add email category folders like "Updates" and "Forums" to the main dashboard that you see as soon as you log into your account. I did go on YouTube to figure out how to add the "Updates" tab on my own though. It's a simple thing to do, but it's not very clear that you can do that when you sign up for your account.

Majeed Mohammed
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 29/07/2021

Effective communication made easy

I rely on Gmail for about 90% of all my official communications. Synchronization across multiple devices and ease of use on mobile devices means that I never have to lose any productivity when I am away from the office or my PC. And the great array of Google products I am able to access directly via Gmail reduces my workflow interruptions to the barest minimum.

Pros

The best part of using Gmail is that it serves as the easiest and most practical conduit to the bulk of other really amazing and complementary google products and services. Beyond making email communication very easy, integration with Google calendar means that I can easily feed invitations directly from my inbox unto my calendar, strike up follow-up conversations with email contacts in Google Chat, or save email file attachments directly to my Google Drive, etc.

Cons

On mobile devices, the newest update makes it a bit more difficult to easily detect unopened emails from opened ones. The font bolding is a bit less profound now and can present a challenge to the visually challenged.

Mncedisi

Reviewed on 11/09/2021

Shop assistant

I'm able to see if I have receive my money through Gmail. If have forgotten my Facebook password my Gmail account is always the to rescue me and that really make me be more find of this product.

Pros

I like the fact that it keep me in track of my recent and old emails. Through Gmail Analystics I'm able to keep good record list of my attended emails and all. It also make it easier for me to spot spams in my emails. I'm so greatful for Gmail!!!

Cons

Some people can easily hack my account if for instant they have my cellphone with them. The is less of customer service yet in this field the are always human errors that need to be attended agently.

Claude

Reviewed on 11/10/2021

Gmail is a 5 for me! Everybody should use it. Very easy to use and has countless features.

Overall, I strongly recommend Gmail for your business and for individual use as it is very secure

Pros

First, everybody already know that gmail is the most use emailing platforms on earth. The user interface is so straightforward and very easy to use. They provide free 15 GB on cloud storage. Email marketing and management is the best. Spam protection is very effective. Gmail is also very good for business purposes. I particularly love the fact that you can create business emails with a very small monthly subscription fee. Gmail is also very secured. Hackers or scammers can hardly gain access to your account since they have the 2-factor authentication feature. This feature has made crypto wallets more secured as it is very difficult for hackers to access a cryptocurrency wallet. Also, in areas of slow internet connection, you can switch to "Slow Connection" mode so that you can still use it flexibly. They also have many other app associated to it for free.

Cons

I really do not have any issues with Gmail, but i believe the process or creating emails is very easy. it is possible to create as many emails as possible without really verifying the identity of the person creating it. I believe bots can create emails and these emails can be used for spamming purposes

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Because the user interface is not very friendly and it really needs a good internet speed to access certain basic features

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

Because they have many free features and it is also very easy to use Gmail. Gmail is also very secured. I love the 2-factor authentication feature. This super helps me to protect my information.
Vijay
Vijay
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 06/09/2022

Amazing Software for Emails

Overall, i like it very much. It's amazing and easy to use.

Pros

I'm working on Gmail for more then two years. I find this application most useful, easy to use, deligent and interesting. It covers email marketing, email management and mail delivery at small as well as large scale. You can send a mail to three different person at a same time. And you can also send more then three persons also. Overall, i have a very good experience on Gmail.

Cons

There's a problem that it's doesn't send a mail containing more than 25 mb data. Secondly, it's features doesn't works properly on mobile devices.

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

I switched from Yahoo mail to Gmail because i didn't find yahoo most proper for my routine work. Buy now i can say that Gmail is better than yahoo.

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

I choose Gmail because it's totally free and easy to use. It's good for B2B leads and fir regular company mails to employees.
Dana M
Dana M
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 31/05/2023

GMail+

Gmail is a free email service provided by Google that offers a wide range of features and benefits. It has a user-friendly interface that is easy to navigate, and it offers powerful search and filter capabilities that make it easy to find specific emails. Gmail also has robust security measures, including two-factor authentication and encryption, to protect users' data and privacy. Additionally, Gmail offers features like highpointing, tracking, and response management that can help users stay organized and on top of their communications. Overall, Gmail is a reliable and feature-rich email service that is popular with users around the world.

Pros

There are many reasons to like Gmail, including its user-friendly interface, powerful search and filter features, and robust security measures. Additionally, Gmail offers a wide range of customization options, allowing users to tailor their inbox to their specific needs and preferences. With features like highpointing, tracking, and contact management, Gmail is a versatile and powerful email platform that can help users stay organized and on top of their communications. Overall, Gmail is a reliable and feature-rich email service that is popular with users around the world.

Cons

Gmail is a popular email service that offers a wide range of features and benefits. Its user-friendly interface, powerful search and filter capabilities, and robust security measures make it a top choice for many users. Additionally, Gmail's tracking and response management features can help users stay on top of their communications and ensure that important messages are not missed. However, Gmail's biggest flaw is its privacy policy. Google, which owns Gmail, has been criticized for collecting and using user data for targeted advertising and other purposes. While users can take steps to protect their privacy, such as using encryption and two-factor authentication, some users may be uncomfortable with the level of data collection and sharing that occurs on the platform.

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

Overall, Gmail is considered to be a more advanced and feature-rich email service than Yahoo. Gmail offers a more user-friendly interface, powerful search and filter capabilities, and robust security measures. Additionally, Gmail offers features like highpointing, tracking, and response management that are not available on Yahoo. Gmail also integrates seamlessly with other Google services, such as Google Drive and Google Calendar, making it easy to manage all aspects of your digital life in one place. While Yahoo does offer some useful features, such as disposable email addresses and a customizable dashboard, it is generally considered to be less advanced and less reliable than Gmail.

Reviewed on 07/02/2020

Google is okay but it's missing some things

My overall experience with Gmail has been good but over time it started to decline because nothing really changed, not much support either. It could have a lot of things added to it to make it much better but I don't think they will do that. I f you need a basic email provider it's decent but once you decide to get a business email by using gsuite it can become problematic with lot's of functions and other issues.

Pros

What I like most about Gmail is that it's convenient and easy to make an email and start receiving messages from contacts. I also like being able to customize the theme in the background of my inbox. It has a lot of features.

Cons

What I least liked about Gmail is the integration with gmass for email automation. It's expensive and is buggy with Gmail and it can be a pain. I stopped using Gmail as my email automation provider as it does not have what I need. I also receive a lot of spam and I'm tired of it.

Zoho Mail

Reasons for Choosing Gmail

Hotmail had a lot of people from random locations across the world accessing my account. Lot's of security issues.

Reasons for Switching to Gmail

Gmail was my first provider then it recently changed over to Zoho because of ease of use and features.
Zeinab
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 21/05/2020

Good Old Gmail

I do not have any problems with Gmail. It is a great software that I have been using for a long time, and I will continue to do so in the future.

Pros

Some of the most impactful features are the ability to schedule emails, ability to receive writing suggestions, and the ability to mix up your email stars. Scheduling emails is very helpful especially when I need to send multiple emails or I am running on a tight schedule. I just dedicate some time to type them all up and schedule them. This way I make sure it gets done and I won't forget to do it. Receiving writing suggestions is great if you are not a strong writer. The tips the smart compose offers are concise and work very well with most of my emails. Lastly, the ability to mix up the stars on your emails is a great way to organize them. My very important emails have an exclamation mark, emails that I have responded to have a check mark, and emails that I still need to look at which are important, get an orange star. This is very handy.

Cons

I am only a student, so for my purposes, all the features available are great. All the features that I am aware of are easy to use. However, when I first got gmail which was over 5 years ago, I do not remember receiving any sort of guidelines to help me get started. I had to discover most of it on my own, and there are certainly some features I don't know of yet. If there was some help along the way, rather than me experimenting around, that would have been even better. I have not really integrated gmail with other applications. However, I am currently considering syncing my gmail and google calendar. This might create more ease in my life.

Eizhele Angela

Reviewed on 25/12/2020

"Always keep to its promise!"

Overall Gmail has given me all, the easiest and most convenient features in emailing services. That find it fulfilling in my daily works. It keeps me updated and on track at all times. It might not be perfect, but it holds its promise in giving great features for the user to enjoy. And because it updates all the time like most of the apps, we're in for surprises!

Pros

As you get and send messages, the messages are consequently assembled by the headline, regardless to the age of the content. As somebody answers to you, Gmail consequently raises all past related directives for your reference in a fell vertical string. This helpfully audit what has been talked about previously, and save you the time of looking through organizers that have you composed a month back. This element is totally priceless to coordinators, group administrators, advertising, experts, and any individual who speaks with numerous individuals and necessities to keep track of the important details of every discussion.

Furthermore, with these tabs your emails are categorized depending on the content or subject of the conversation. It categorizes your inbox such as social media, billings, websites and campaigns. Also, it has spam filters that exclude unwanted or unknown emails that your not have permission to. With these features it avoids clutter in your inbox.

Another thing that adds to the positive points of this app. It's easy to navigate. For the beginners they can learn their way in no time. All the tabs and buttons are there to see in a simple and organize way. The names of each tab pop up whenever your pointer touches it, so that the users can never be confused and lost to what "is" that button do.

Cons

With the hype and popularity of this application. However, it also has its downside. Unlike other new application that caters bigger screen to write their messages. Gmail has limited space which for me as a user I find difficulty in reviewing my composed messages, especially if it's long, you have to scroll it down to see it all.

Moreover, when it comes to sending attachments such as docs, excel, pictures and etc. It has its own limitations. You can send several files in one email, but only small files. Bigger that 25 MB is not allowed, but rather the Gmail automatically adds a Google Drive link instead which is a bit of a hassle.

• Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 01/09/2021

Gmail Overall Rewiew

I utilize my Gmail record to settle on telephone decisions, send and get messages and connection I love it. I never miss an email. I'm totally certain that when I send my messages or connections that they will be gotten right away. I love the Hangout alternative that is accessible with Gmail, I utilize that regularly also. My general experience has been a decent one with Gmail and I don't anticipate utilizing some other email applications soon. Gmail is the least demanding application to use for conveying and gathering visits and messages. It is not difficult to advance connections too.

Pros

"I have extraordinary alternatives to take great encounters with Gmail. We made authoritative email addresses through Gmail and It's truly useful for our hierarchical works."

"I likewise love that Gmail is jumped at the chance to my google homeroom since I get an email when an understudy turns in work and it assists me with being additional time-proficient with evaluating."

"Gmail is an agreeable assistance which assists me with advancing in my business. I have just at any point utilized Gmail and have been extremely content with it."

"I love that I can make various envelopes to put my significant messages for work, specialists, or basic messages from companions. I have consistently utilized gmail in light of the fact that it's awesome."

Cons

"I despise that it is so elusive my spam organizer - I likewise detest the number of emerald end up in my spam envelope."

"There isn't anything that I truly don't care for about Gmail explicitly. I disdain getting messages in my Spam envelope however that isn't a Gmail issue."

"Signing in and out can be a bit horrendously inconvenience Some and the deferrals can be disappointing depends I expect on your association speed yet not certain."

"The lone con I have is that now and again messages can get lost or placed in the spam organizer and they shouldn't have been. So you need to go search for the email which can remove time from your bustling day."

Reviewed on 20/09/2021

No match in email for Gmail

I had a long lasting relationship with Gmail. I use Gmail for all my personal tasks and communication as well as my client has recently moved to Google Cloud Platform (GCP) and has migrated all official communication to secured Gmail platform, Initially we had some glitches which is common when you migrate from one platform to another, but now the email runs very smooth. We have different plugins installed with Gmail, such as Google Chat, Hangouts, Google Docs, Sheets and a lot more and it make works a lot easy. Everything is available on the tips and now we can access email from our cell phones as well. Since the work has gone remote, it is really to keep grasp on communication and not missed on any important alert. I would recommend any organization to switch to Gmail platform for its official communication. It is secure, legit and the best part is that you would be having Google working for you.

Pros

Gmail is the most prestigious free email service which has been there since beginning of information age. Almost every single individual has an email account register with Gmail. It is free, you get up to 15 GB free cloud space which none of the other email service provide. You can create different folders (labels) as per your need and requirement. Set up email filters, block random marketing emails, access your email on the go from any place on the earth with internet, You can also use the google chat option and connect with your loved ones from within Gmail. Define categories as you like to help manage your emails with more accuracy. It keeps you informed, how much storage space you have used and accordingly you can buy more storage space or delete some items to create space. You can star your important emails to find them quickly and also sync up your important meetings with google calendar so you do not lose track of anything which is important. It lets to install variety of plugins to make work more easier for you. Recently one of our client has moved to Google Cloud Platform and has migrated all official email communication to secured Gmail platform. This era would not move forward without GMAIL.

Cons

There is no customer call service, you have to submit a google form in order to report an issue with respect to Gmail, which is time taking as the customer service takes at least 24 hours time to respond to your query. I hope Google is working on this to resolve this timeline to minimum.

Tamara

Reviewed on 17/11/2021

Best Email service from my various experience

I've always encouraged clients that have issues with their Microsoft emails to switch to gmail. It just seems to clear the issues up. It seems like Microsoft has a high security filter for emails or something like that. That it causes issues for incoming and outgoing emails. I am personally a big fan of gmail. It seems like they really have it simple and organized that most clients can grasp it rather quickly.

Pros

I love how simple it is. It doesn't feel cluttered compared to other email platforms I've used. Its great for team collaboration and being able to send each other calendar invites, set up video meetings, tasks on your calendar as well as filtering your emails to help keep your main task (or emails) prioritized and the others can be archived (out of sight out of mind). Which is great for me. As I use my email in a way that whatever is in my inbox are the tasks I have for the day or the people I need to respond to. I've used Microsoft email due to school but it always seemed to have issues (emails constantly going to spam and in my personal opinion not the most simple layout). Where as gmail seems to be able for the most part to sort spam or outside emails correctly. I think this is a great option for those looking for a simple email or looking to use it for a small business (its really easy to set up).

Cons

I rarely have issues with Gmail if I'm honest. But since their calendar is connect to the email. I would say I wish you could share tasks with other coworkers. You can share events but you cant share tasks which I feel would be helpful as I keep my project manager in the loop of things I have on my schedule for that day. But all around the email is very straight forward, easy to set up as an individual or a business, and looks clean.

Binny
Binny
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 11/09/2022

Best and easiest application for inbox and emails!

I am using my Gmail inbox (personal) since 11 year, on daily basis, which itself shows how much I know the depth of product, I have also used SMTP to connect it to my websites. In fact my institute also has Google Workspace, which allows me to use the custom domain email ID on Gmail itself. You will no find any other product as friendly as this. I use Zoho, Outlook, Yandex and many more, but Gmail is literally the best.

Pros

I love Gmail for various reasons, the most adequate reason is, it is age-friendly, Its usage is open for all age, let it be grandparents or early adults. Next one is the single sign on that your get with google across all websites using chrome browser. It saves hell a lot of time and efforts to remember the passwords.
I don't remember when was the last time that I made a account manually via email and password, because Gmail is only managing it for me. Thought this Gmail is just a email client brought to us by google and gmail id has a different context, but the after all having a gmail Id itself opens a lot of other possibilities.

Cons

Apart from all the pros and ease, I have a few cons to discuss, Gmail needs to have email scheduling and auto-responders in it. Or else everything is sure fine. I love the way they are continuously engaging the GMeet with Gmail to assimilate the video conferencing in a easy way. Hopefully we would be able to see heir chat, email, call and video call on the same platform soon.

Microsoft Outlook and Zoho Mail
Ian

Reviewed on 24/07/2018

The ultimate in email search and storage

Pros

The best thing about Gmail without a doubt is, unfortunately, the least known. Google is well known as a search engine, but few seem to realise that search technology is applicable to email if they use Gmail. Of particular value is the ability to tailor the search to find just what you're looking for, such as an email from a person with a certain name who sent a picture between date X and date Y.

Additionally are labels. Why file emails in folders - put instead Gmail labels them and multiple labels can be applied, it's like having an email in multiple folders at the same time, this also allows for greater filtering to identifying specific emails.

Finally, there is the email storage. Personally, I delete emails every day unless it's related to work, income, or expenses; the result of this is that my Gmail account that I've had since 2011 has only used 5% of storage, I doubt I'll ever use up all the space as it keeps growing!

Also noteworthy are features such as the ability to marks email as starred and/or as important plus links to quick get to those emails. a recent addition is the ability to snooze or defer emails to a later time more suitable or appropriate for reading the email rather than filling up your inbox.

Finally Gmail, works seemlessly with every third-party email application I've used, all you need is your address and password to connect, jargon such as mailservers and SMTPs are entered automatically behind the scenes, this makes Gmail via third-party apps very user-friendly.

Of course, as it's a Google product, a Gmail account means you also can login to other Google products such as YouTube.

Cons

An unpopular feature is tabs that separate and emails by content into inboxes emails that are promotional, social, updates, and from discussion forums. This can help separate and prioritise email but I don't like it and it can easily be disabled, but it does mean newsletter providers are always asking people to move their emails to the primary inbox.

Another negative - depending on your perspective - is the automated analysis of your Gmail account (not by people leading to Google serving adverts relevant to you. I view this as a positive, but it can sometimes feel like there is no escape from an advert in an email that you showed interest in one time and which consequently shows up on websites you visit, but this is why Gmail is free.