Fishbowl Reviews

About Fishbowl

Fishbowl is the #1 manufacturing and warehouse inventory management software! Its powerful inventory control system gives your small or midsize business the exact tools needed to transform your inventory management and scale your...

Browse Fishbowl Reviews

Billy
Billy
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 13/04/2022

Great investment

We have saved quite a bit of time with Fishbowl compared to our previous software.

Pros

Fishbowl is simple to use. Everything is easy to find. Search features work well. All facets integrate well.

Cons

It’s been a bit of a struggle to integrate all aspects of our diverse business.

Kevin

User Friendly ERP System

Pros

Easy to use, and thorough support documentation

Cons

Cost seems high for the program when compared to other services

Monsoon Marketplace

Reasons for Choosing Fishbowl

Built in Integrations and easier to use platform

Denali Business

Reasons for Switching to Fishbowl

More integrations available for all of our needs
Dehnis

Initial Review of Fishbowl

Using Fishbowl has been a big learning curve in understanding how to process certain aspects in difference Modules. I wish we had more in-depth training that relates to our job function.

Pros

It is fairly simple to use. The interface and layout make it easy to navigate through.

Cons

I do not like I am unable to undo certain aspects of a process. For example, you cannot un-cancel a Sales Order or un-fulfill a Work Order.

Top Fishbowl Alternatives

Kim
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 08/05/2024

Fishbowl a great choice for small process manufacturing companies

Fishbowl is an integral part of our company process, we use it daily with little to no hickups.

Pros

1- Ease of use for end users
2- Ease of use for administrator
3- Functionality for process manufacturing
4- Pricepoint

Cons

Having used other, more expensive manufacturing software in the past, there is nothing that I do not like about Fishbowl

Mario
  • Industry: Wholesale

Flooring Distributor using Fishbowl

From the start they have been upfront and honest and having played around with giving me a very high price at first and then lowering it down by 50% like other companies that I dealt with. It’s nice to have the upfront and honest conversations without failing like I’m getting a sales pitch from, a company that just wants to make the sale. Fish bowls, seals representatives. Their internal staff have been very professional from start and throughout the process so far.

Pros

All of the pertinent information that my staff can utilize to help them be better at helping our customers.

Cons

Setting up all of the information. Although they have spreadsheets that you can fill out, it still takes a little time to gather all the information to insert it into the system like any other company.

NetSuite and CMiC

Reasons for Switching to Fishbowl

We chose fishbowl because we felt it had everything we needed, and everything was explained to us efficiently. We also had multiple Q&A’s done with fishbowl representatives that were professional and never felt like they were just trying to sell us quickly. Also, we felt very pleased with their pricing structure.
Trevor
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 28/01/2022

Functional but Complicated, Expensive but Unrefined, Capable but Rigid.

Overall, the Fishbowl program is decent. It is capable of doing almost all of what they claim, but the day-to-day usability is clunky and unrefined. It is as if they only stay on the development/conceptual side of things and never test their product daily. If they were to address the issues that I outlined that relate to the user experience, I would more confidently feel that this product would be more worth its large price tag. Until then, It remains difficult to recommend this product to others.

Pros

I like that this program allows your company to do a lot, as long as you know how to do it. It has also helped our company create more rigidity and procedure (Whether we wanted to or not).

Cons

I do not like that we have paid over $30,000 for a program that has basic functionality issues. We experience issues with basic things like scanning products, typing in fields, synchronizing inventory with our online store, etc. Also, their kitting function is what we were originally sold on, but we have now completely stopped using the function because it has fundamental issues. They are not always detrimental, but the accumulation of these small issues results in a program that you wouldn't believe costs what it does. Quite unfortunate.
Another common issue that we face is the program's habit of freezing constantly. From what I have learned from support, the program does this on purpose to protect the database from data loss, but what it results in is our Sales guys needing to restart our POS program CONSTANTLY. Literally, on almost every transaction, their "Checkout" program freezes and they need to force quit and reopen. Our purchaser has also often been in the middle of a large PO, and the program freezes, requiring a restart and loss of that whole PO.
Speaking of the POS side, their "Checkout" program is not great at all. It experiences all of the aforementioned issues but is also just a program that feels like they don't work towards improving at all. On top of that, they don't even integrate with any other POS programs or companies that work for basic retail applications, so we currently don't have an alternative.

GiftLogic and Trident 1

Reasons for Switching to Fishbowl

We chose Fishbowl because it the functionality and capability that they claimed to have, as well as their unique kitting feature.
Justin
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 04/03/2024

Terrible Decision - Worst Customer Service - Try Anyone else!

Not only did Fishbowl fail to provide adequate communication during the entire process, but they also refused to give me a refund. It's outrageous that they charge such exorbitant fees for subpar service. I highly recommend avoiding this company at all costs and switching to Netsuite instead.

If anyone is considering switching to Netsuite, please reach out to me. I will do everything in my power to help others avoid the mistake I made by signing up with Fishbowl. Shame on this company for their unethical practices and shame on [sensitive content hidden] for being a liar and thief. Stay away from him at all costs if you want any chance of success with Fishbowl.

Pros

The only pro is that its an ERP system that can integrate with your existing QuickBooks, but its not worth it. So please go to someone else.

Cons

I had the unfortunate experience of working with [sensitive content hidden] as my account manager from Fishbowl. From day one, he boasted about being the best in the industry, but I can confidently say that I've never encountered a worse representation of a company.

During our implementation process, it would take [sensitive content hidden] 48-72 hours to respond to my inquiries. This delay not only hindered our progress but also showed his lack of dedication and professionalism. He lied about his capabilities from the start, painting himself as a competent account manager when in reality, he's no better than a shady used car salesman.

Despite expressing my concerns about the importance of timely communication for my business, [sensitive content hidden] continued to ignore me. It was clear that he had no regard for my needs and only cared about making a quick sale. As a result, I decided not to continue with Fishbowl and switched to a more professional ERP service like Netsuite.

NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Fishbowl

Big Mistake I wish I stayed with quickbooks online, but I eventually switched to Netsuite.

QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to Fishbowl

I made a big mistake. I ended up switching to Netsuite.
Todd
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 09/04/2024

Awesome customer support

We have been very pleased with our Fishbowl experience.

Pros

Our implementation Specialist was absolutely incredible. When you has this level of customer support, implementing was a breeze. I don't know that we ever had a question that he could not answer.

Cons

There are some reporting barrier on canned reports that is a bit frustrating, but I am sure there are work arounds for those.

Matthew
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 08/04/2024

Bulk Equipment

The roll out period and training could be more structured.

Pros

Ease of use. Cost effective. Simple to train on.

Cons

The sell ware integration to Shopify. I used Fishbowl in the past and the direct back-end connection was beneficial, but no longer exists.

NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Fishbowl

Limited capabilities to manager the warehouse and inventory functions

Reasons for Switching to Fishbowl

Cost, we are still considering a full ERP solution.
Scott

Reviewed on 22/03/2024

From Netsuite to Fishbowl in 30 days

Compared with operating Netsuite, the overhead is much lower, a sandbox was provided free of charge, the set up is more straightforward and the users feel more empowered to work with the system to improve the initial implementation. Its more forgiving and likely a better choice for a smaller business.

Pros

We appreciate that Fishbowl does what it says. Its not trying to be everything to everyone which keeps the implementation relatively straightforward. Fishbowl has great customer service, and their support and availability during the setup phase of implementation has been excellent!

Cons

The client/server architecture seems a little old fashioned and the integration with manufacturing QC is not very strong. Internal reporting functions aren't awesome but connectivity to Power BI enhances the experience.

Michelle
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 21/02/2022

A Great All Around Product For Inventory

Fishbowl has helped us save money by being able to control everything from inside and not having to hire multiple 3rd parties to make connections. Fishbowl continues to add and upgrade the software to what consumers ask for.

Pros

Fishbowl software is easy to use. I like that you always have step by step instructions and some videos to help guide you. If you don't find what you are looking for, all it takes is an email, and support helps you as quickly as they can.

Cons

The only negative issue I have while using Fishbowl software is with the reports. Even though they have multiple reports to choose from, I feel as some of them can be upgraded to include more than one product a t a time. Example, when searching for a product that was sold on a particular day, and you have more than one size of the same product, it would be nice to be able to select as many products as you want to look at versus one at a time.

Response from Fishbowl

Thank you so much for this review, Michelle. We appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback. We are happy to hear that your experience has been satisfactory and will take your suggestions into consideration while we continue to make improvements.

Replied 17/03/2022
Louis
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 18/07/2020

Fishbowl Manufacturing Software has proven an invaluable inventory management tool for our...

Fishbowl Management software has offered our team a complete supply chain management and physical sales tracking system in one convenient system . In this time especially , we understand that organization and efficiency are paramount to surviving let alone prospering and we are thankful to Fishbowl for helping.

Pros

Our team found both these ease of use and relative ease of integration to be among the most attractive components of Fishbowl. The variety of modules allow close monitoring of essentially every aspect of
physical asset tracking . With Fishbowl we can organize warehouse parts inventory , print labels,and
organize purchase orders which organizes our supply side. Fishbowl's sales side module allows for effective tracking of lead times as well as sales item forecasting so we are never behind on available inventory .

Cons

Fishbowl Manufacturing software at this time time requires the use of a server which we had to supply .
In exchange for all other features , we see this as a nominal and not inconvenient requirement as at the time we were adding new computer assets. This requirement may not suit all smaller companies.

kintone and Finale Inventory

Reasons for Switching to Fishbowl

We selected Fishbowl Inventory Management software over alternatives for its comprehensive module options which allow for a complete organization of our office and warehouse now optimized with a primary consideration to sales output and production. We could not ask for more in this area of business operations.

Response from Fishbowl

Thank you for taking the time to leave this review, Louis. We appreciate your business and are happy to know that your experience has been satisfactory.

Replied 07/10/2021
Christopher

Reviewed on 06/12/2023

Software that's 70% complete

From jump, I found out that atleast 50% of what my salesperson told me was completely fabricated or at the very least, extremely misleading. Customer service is non-existent. Earlier today I spent 2 hours on hold waiting for someone from tech support to help me. I email my rep and he doesn't email me back. I call him, he doesn't answer and he doesn't return my call.

Pros

I liked the interface, the ease of use and how it synched flawlessly with Quickbooks.

Cons

This is so close to being halfway decent software but there are just so many odd little quirks that keep it from really being a powerful tool. Just one example - if you move a piece of inventory that you've had in your warehouse for 6 months from row 1 to row 2, the aged date resets to zero. This makes it effectively impossible for you to track your aged inventory. If you want to look up a part that you don't have in stock, you need to do an advanced search, check a box that you're looking for something not in inventory and then search for the product. If you're looking up 10 products in a row that aren't in stock, you need to repeat those steps each and every time.

NetSuite and STORIS

Reasons for Switching to Fishbowl

A coworker liked it and I couldn't find anything wrong with it.
Jessi

Reviewed on 31/05/2021

Fishbowl has been great for us as a small food manufacturer

Overall, good experience - we needed a tool like this and it meets our needs for being SQF and USDA Organic.

Pros

Fishbowl helps us maintain all lot tracing records, re-order points, and sales and purchase orders. It makes audit time much simpler!

Cons

There aren't as many reports as I would like and it isn't very intuitive to setup - we had to hire an outside expert.

Wherefour

Reasons for Choosing Fishbowl

It was too difficult to prepare for an audit.

Reasons for Switching to Fishbowl

Customer service and overall capabilities

Response from Fishbowl

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience with our company, Jessi. We appreciate your feedback! We are glad to hear your experience has been satisfactory and will look into improvements based on your suggestions as well.

Replied 07/10/2021
Bernui
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 25/04/2022

Fishbowl Inventory Review

Pros

Integration with our manufacturing process was easy. Purchases, Receiving, Bill of materials and Work Orders fulfilled our needs.

Cons

Reports provided are too basic, no help documentation to create your own reports. If you need a detailed or custom reports you have to purchase them apart.

BatchMaster ERP

Reasons for Choosing Fishbowl

ERPNext didn't fulfill our needs preparing work orders.

ERPNext
Todd
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 30/11/2022

Fishbowl Review

Based on our overall experience I would give Fishbowl a 6 out of 10, with their main issues being everything outside of the software. If you have patience then this is a good value, if not walk away quickly....

Pros

I like the ease of use with the Sales Order Side of the product. When the software is set up correctly it is almost flawless, and really makes the ordering process go much smoother. The interface is easy to use and easy to train new employees on.

Cons

The service and support are the worst I have ever dealt with. We paid dearly for the implementation of our data and if I say the words half ass that would hardly describe what they were able to accomplish. Getting someone to try and fix anything is nearly impossible, so we took it upon ourselves to correct all of their implementation mistakes. 3 months in and we still find implementation errors every day that we are correcting. When we attempt to use support their chat feature is useless, as the reps are answering multiple chats at once and it takes 5 minutes between comments for them to come back to you. If you call be prepared to sit on hold for at least an hour, and then they still wont be able to assist you most of the time.

Dennis

Reviewed on 23/05/2013

We are a Head Start agency that uses FishBowl to purchase, track, and issue inventory to 60 Head Start classrooms and agency departments. Our system uses SharePoint, which is accessed by each classroom/dept. to place their order which is in turn sent to the approving supervisor. Once it is approved, it goes to the Purchasing office were it is imported into FishBowl (all done electronically within the magic of computer land...and the IT department).

We started looking for new inventory software when the software we had did not support the Windows 7 that we were upgrading to. We needed a fully integrated inventory software program that not only supported our classrooms, but would provide the Finance dept. with the information they needed.

One of the features I like about FishBowl is that as soon as Purchasing processes the classroom/dept. request, an email is sent to the requestor letting them know Purchasing has received their order and it is in the process of being filled. When the order has been shipped, another e-mail is sent to let the requestor know the order is on it's way. This email feature has greatly reduced the number of calls received from our classrooms requesting status on their order and when it will be sent to them (I really, really like it).

We have set up reorder points and default vendors, which makes placing orders to replenish warehouse stock easy and nearly effortless. Each vendor has their own part unit of measure and unit of measure conversion, which makes processing receipts magic (well almost). The tracking feature on a warehouse part has helped to track expiration dates on food (milk, yogurt, cheese, etc.). The expiration dates are printed on the packing slip that goes out with each order and helps us resolve expiration date issues. FishBowl will also let us know an item is nearing its expiration date prior to processing the shipment.

Another feature of FishBowl that has come in handy is the ability to monitor specific warehouse stock. I use the feature to monitor our milk products (Soy, Lactaid, Rice Milk, Goats Milk, etc.) to make sure we have enough on hand at all times to ensure we receive Federal reimbursement for meals served. These items are monitored on a daily basis due to their sensitive nature. The Dashboard tab provides a quick synopsis of sales, purchase orders, RMA,s etc. The first two FishBowl tabls I look at are the Monitor and DashBoard tab that will let me know the health of our inventory and status of orders. Thumbs up to the programmers that wrote these features into the system.

Sales orders and back orders are easily maintained and monitored. I can process order requests, and hold them until such time as I need them to be processes for shipment.

FishBowl provides us with reports on classroom expenditures (food/supplies or combination). We maintain two warehouse identifyiers to identify our supply items from our food items. There are custom fields that can be added to input processing that can further help in processing specific types of reports and tracking data.

Prior to using FishBowl we had trainers from FishBowl give us module by module training and help us set up and transfer data from our old inventory system to FishBowl. I cannot say enough good things about the help we received. Note: The online help and training is a great resource also.

FishBowl provideds many features which we are utilizing and others that we will grow into. FishBowl has a different look and feel from the software we were using, but once we started FishBowl, it has become second nature. There is so much more about FishBowl than there is space to write this review. If you need more information please contact me.

Mike

Reviewed on 01/02/2024

Dishonest, No Integrity

Pros

My software implementation specialist was friendly.

Cons

I wish I would have thoroughly read these reviews before making the awful decision to give fishbowl a try. I had been in the market for this type of software for a while and had a long conversation with a fishbowl sales rep who promised me that fishbowl could do exactly what I was needing. I was hesitant, because it did not seem like this was true, but he promised me they could do a "custom build" that would address my company's specific needs. Most importantly, he assured me over and over that I could get a full refund if it turned out that the software was not a fit for my company. He promised that I would be able to go through training, implementation, and use the software for a full 30 days after the end of training to decide if it was going to work out. So I spent countless hours over the next several months in the training and implementation of the product. Throughout the training, I expressed my doubts that it would work out, but I had hopes that the "custom build" would be the solution. Training concluded, implementation began, I tried my best to make this thing work for my company, but we were approaching the money-back deadline, no custom build had been provided, and I could not see any way this software would do what I needed. So I attempted to contact my sales rep multiple times via email and phone but got no response. Miraculously, four days AFTER the deadline, I was finally able to communicate with someone who informed me that my sales rep was no longer with the company and that I had missed the deadline for a refund. So let's try that custom build now and see if that'll work. So we did, and to no one's surprise, it was still useless. I again asked for a refund at that point but was denied - "past the deadline." And all this communication was by email because they refuse to offer a phone number to actually speak with someone. So after a complete waste of $14,000 and about year of my time, I'm right back where I started, except poorer and older. I would STRONGLY advise thinking twice before entering into any relationship with fishbowl.

Carlos

Reviewed on 23/06/2016

Absolute Ripoff

Ignore any of the positive reviews they are clearly lies placed by the company. Notice how only the negative reviews mention any specifics. If you can adopt this software to fit your business needs, you will quickly find it is not a scalable solution whatsoever. The software allows for minimal to zero customization and requires to follow every step of their preset workflows. The product is essentially an open-source, i.e. free, database packaged with a one size fits all schema and a slow and clunky front-end. They include an open-source reporting platform (iReports) and market it as having fully customizable reporting. Yet they do not support this free reporting platform and barely support getting it connected if you're patient and don't mind waiting up to a week for answers. They also sale a completely impractical mobile interface that will quickly make anyone prefer to run over to a computer before trying to navigate their handheld device software. It could NEVER be used by someone operating a forklift.

This product is a complete RIPOFF targeting a great group of suckers, i.e. businesses without the financial or technical acumen to move beyond the world of QuickBooks. Before you spend $50,000 on a bad, bad, solution think about return on investment and whether your business plas to grow. Then find one of the many scalable ERP systems that can be implemented for the same price, even if it takes a little longer to get setup. Better to get by with spreadsheets for 6 months and have a real solution down the road then waste time and resources in solution that if you're lucky enough to get to work, you will outgrow in a year. THIS SOFTWARE SUCKS A !!

Pros

The 2016 front end looks slick. There is an API, but it will cost you more to hire a progammer to figure out how to integrate with it than to just get better softwate that plays better.

Cons

THE SUPPORT IS HIDEOUS, THE MOBILE APP IS USELESS, SALESPEOPLE ARE LIARS

Yosef

Reviewed on 31/08/2021

STOP HERE!! Be careful!

Im warning any business here. PLEASE STOP HERE and listen to this. I’ll put the list of things that I experienced with fishbowl, after that make your decision.

1) The experience with the salesperson was very tough. The guy was very inpatient and didn’t answer my questions.
I was exhausted from work and the search for inventory software and decided eventually to go with them even though I had the red flag in here already.

2) when I started to set up my account (and of course before that too) I was explaining about the way my business operating and the fact that I’m only a service company who doesn’t charge my client taxes (like many home service companies in California) but paying the taxes to the distributor as am the last materials purchaser, but they didn’t really listen to me.
After realized that when RECEIVING I can’t add sales tax I was asking fro solution.
It was few days before the end of my 30 days refund.

3) Here everything started, I told Fishbowl that the software will not work for me and from this moment they ignored my messages, my calls, my email. As soon as something happen guys you won’t hear from them.

Tip:
- DON’T use them
- you have other alternatives like Inflow & Finale which are way better and cheaper.
If YES:
- ask for at least 120 days for refund. make sure you read the contract many times and ask for changes before you and them are signing for it.
It will take you a while to set up the software.
120 DAYS MUST.

Pros

The app is looking ok and easy to use, actually the only good thing I found and it took me a while to think about something.

Cons

- Software looks from the 90’s
- CUSTOMER SERVICE IS DANGEROUS to this country. We all need to make sure companies like that are not existing in AMERICA.
- software is really hard to use
- not enough barcode sizes
- the set up guys are very unprofessional and doesn’t think out of the box
- the software is very square and can’t be customized AT ALL.
- TOO EXPENSIVE
- they really don’t care about their clients. But really. You can’t even imagine.

Dallas

Reviewed on 29/02/2012

Not Recommended - Please Read

During the planning stage, we identified a key shortcoming in Fishbowl's capabilities, for which we devised a work-around. That was a sign of things to come, as Fishbowl's limitations have since forced us to develop cumbersome operational procedures in order to avoid abandoning our investment in the software. The alternative would have been, and still is, to invest in costly custom development.

You may read and hear that Fishbowl can do things. The best response to such a claim is "Show me exactly how it's done."

Pros

About Me: 10+ years of programming, web development, database design, jack-of-all-trades IT.

Fishbowl Use:
7 months total, including full implementation and continuing support, now delving into internal custom development

Before you even try Fishbowl's software, make VERY detailed flowcharts of your existing and ideal processes. Then, locate and read every single page of their forums. Then, read every page of their Wiki. I'm serious; it isn't that long, and the internet doesn't contain much information about Fishbowl, for reasons unknown. As you read, compare the available options VERY carefully to your list of requirements. If none of those pages tells you that you CAN do a certain thing in Fishbowl, then you CANNOT do it. Fishbowl's marketing mentions what it can do in no uncertain terms.

Cons

It is telling that one of Fishbowl's developers, Israel Lopez, co-founded a company called FishBooksPro, which provides support and custom programming services for Fishbowl and QuickBooks.

Fishbowl allows you to take payment via credit card, interfacing with QuickBooks Merchant Services, but there is no way to associate a payment with an order. This example of a nearly-complete feature set is representative of the shortcomings that you will encounter when using Fishbowl.

Our Fishbowl server software began freezing several times each day, after upgrading from v11.7 to 12.2. "Reinstall" was FB tech support's first response. How do you suppose upper management in my company will receive that 'solution'? My next step will be to find out how to clear Java caches manually (outside of Control Panel), which I'll try before reinstalling.

Ron
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 09/10/2018

Fishbowl Inventory. Thank you Support

When I purchased Fishbowl there were many issues and I was very frustrated. After several attempts I met one of the CSR and can I say what a breath of fresh air he was and is. It is nice to meet someone who has your concerns on his mind when he approaches you and the way he handles matters is the way any company owner appreciates. He has been above the call of duty every time he handles my concerns.

I must say my hand goes out to him and would shake his hand any time he is the room and give a smile and acknowledge him with the same respect he gives to me as a business owner running a company smoother thanks to his help and encouragement.

As a business owner we are challenged every day and with the daily grind you feel at times lost and alone. After meeting him and having a person in your corner with you striving to ensure you have little challenges is beyond a relief it is a dream instead of a nightmare.

Thanks for being part of LEW and making me feel like I have support instead of pressure!

Pros

Inventory Tracking is the biggest thing. Easy of use with Sales Order and Purchase Orders. It sends my accounting info to Quickbooks automatically at the end of the day.

Cons

Set up was a little time consuming. It took some effort to get everything in properly and just adapting to the new software functionality.

Leilani
2.5
2.5

Reviewed on 27/09/2016

The updates are killing me

Pros

The customer support is great. It's just hard to get a hold of them when you need to speak to a live person on the phone. The people who work there are the nicest and most helpful when you do get to talk to them and they do resolve the day to day issues that pop up. ie, inventory getting stuck in committed status is a pretty quick fix, but then again, should it really happen in the first place?. Bigger problems take more time to fix, but they seem to keep working on it until its resolved. The people they have providing training are excellent.
The wikis are pretty easy to access and are pretty good

Cons

This year the updates seem to break something that's had been working. Then it takes hours with customer support to fix and get going again.
The phone support team could use more staff because it does take hours to get a call back. The reports are difficult to customize, you have to know programming. There is no simple report writer function or a reports that can be customized.
If you have to pick inventory from two locations for one sales order, it will create two invoices. There is no way around that in Fishbowl. The calendar is pretty basic, could use enhancements. The inventory export CSV file does not use FIFO, but average costing. So if you use FIFO or any other method other than average costing, you have to use a different report instead of getting the data in CSV format.
The shipping module is frustrating and the way it is set up does not allow us to use carton count efficiently, so we have to change the packing list after it's printed. If you want Fishbowl to count the cartons for you, you have to add each carton manually. And if you do that, it will not total or summarize the number of cartons you have, it will list each one individually. So you could have a packing list that could be several pages long.
The UPS integration used to be great and then UPS updated, Fishbowl did not support the updated software and we had to change to UPS Worldship. Definitely a step backwards because the old integration worked beautifully. Now it's more manual and cumbersome.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 05/02/2019

The Way Software Should Work

If you are a small business manufacturer, this is the system for you. Don't even question the price. It is 1/10 the price of "enterprise" systems with all the features you need. If it sounds like I'm a fan-boy, I am. I love it when software works the way it should.

Pros

The program is intuitive and extremely in depth. We a food manufacturer (coffee roaster) and we invoice through Fishbowl. We are not yet using the mobile app, so I can't talk about that. Unlike our accounting system (brand Q), one module smoothly integrates with the next. It is easy to administer and our users just get it. It is the standard by which other database systems should be measured. The integration with Quickbooks is painless. Fully automated and has never, never failed. I have not had one single

Cons

Their chat support isn't the most knowledgeable. They do have the option of custom fields, but there isn't the option to make some fields visible/invisible. The server occasionally locks up, however, all you need to do is restart. No fuss.

Bo

Reviewed on 19/05/2017

Essentially no support unless you complain to your sales rep

If you are going to charge this much for a product it should look like it was made in this century, it should have all of the modern data interchange features expected from a modern application, and support should be fantastic. We have started looking at alternatives and will NOT be renewing.

Pros

Decent product. The interface is a little dated, and some standard thing you would expect in functionality are missing or difficult to use. But, overall, it is a decent product if your goal is to have an inventory and order management system that integrates with Quickbooks.

Cons

You will get no support unless you complain. We just updated our license, paid for a year of support. Still waiting 48 hours later for a call back from support. This is normal.

When you do get the support you will most likely start with the lowest level support and have to either speak to the real support people through an intermediary or have to wait another day or two for the next level of support to call you back. Repeat that process until you finally get to someone who knows what they are talking about.

Support this expensive should be fantastic. Instead, I am not certain what they could do to make this any worse.