ClickUp Reviews

About ClickUp

ClickUp is a cloud-based collaboration and project management tool suitable for businesses of all sizes and industries. Features include communication and collaboration tools, task assignments and statuses, alerts and a task...

Browse ClickUp Reviews

4,020 of 4,020 reviews
Denise
Denise

Reviewed on 09/06/2022

It allows flexible team cooperation on daily activities

Organization of a little project. It sits perfectly in the middle of the two extremes: too basic and too complex. When it comes to connecting chores and keeping track of them all in one location, there is no limit to the possibilities. To have all my work documented correctly, it's nice that you can insert comments and embeds, even Genially.

Pros

All of the templates and their adaptability give a clear picture of the possibilities. Fortunately, the Clickup university and other resources, such as videos, make a wealth of learning readily available. This makes it simpler for me to keep track of the many projects on which my team is currently working, allowing me to better allocate resources and time.

Cons

Even if you think you're on a subpage of a document, it might be difficult to tell. It's difficult to see the differences between two templates with the same name.

eva

Reviewed on 21/02/2024

Advanced task and idea management

Pros

It has all the features you could need and has great overview and calendar integration functionalities. Love the dashboard view and calculation options

Cons

Not for beginners who need something simple, can get a bit overwhelming. Free version doesn't include all the options i need

Notion

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

I needed more options. I also liked the list functions.

Claire
Claire
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 24/01/2024

Decent Tool, Poor Service & Annoying Upsell

It was great initially while we're testing it out, even paid up-front annual for an upgrade to their Unlimited plan. Then it went downhill from there. Our team is small, will likely keep shopping after this if their service is poor as such.

Pros

I was quite pleased with the tool - it helped a lot with productivity and scheduling tasks with my team. I've used other collaboration tools and found Clickup working the best for our needs.

Cons

The tool is quite complex to set up and learning curve is huge compared to others - they try to do a lot, maybe too much. The upsell technique is quite annoying too. Worst of all is their service. When I filled out the contact form to reach out to sales, heard back within minutes. Replied back to my concerns on upsell, didn't hear back for days.

monday.com, Asana, Notion and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

I tried Notion and others, but Clickup seem to worked the best for project management purpose of my firm. I'll likely have to incorporate other tools as some work as well.

Top ClickUp Alternatives

Moses Lookman
Moses Lookman

Reviewed on 14/11/2023

The only task management tool you'll ever need

Overall, I've had a really positive experience with ClickUp. It's been a very useful tool for me, and I've been able to customize it to fit my needs. I also like that it's constantly being updated with new features and improvements. It's clear that the team behind ClickUp is working hard to make it the best tool it can be.

Pros

I love how intuitive and easy to use ClickUp is. The user interface is very clean and simple, and there are a lot of great features that make it easy to organize and manage tasks. I also like that there are different views, such as Kanban boards, Gantt charts, and lists, so you can choose the view that works best for you. And I really appreciate the ability to customize the interface to suit my needs.

Cons

There are a few areas where ClickUp could improve. One is the search function. It's not always as intuitive as it could be, and sometimes it takes a bit of trial and error to find what you're looking for. Another area that could be improved is the mobile app - while it's functional, it's not quite as user-friendly as the web version. And lastly, the reporting features could be a bit more robust.

monday.com, Wrike and Asana

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

I found that ClickUp had more features and was more customizable. I also liked the fact that ClickUp is more affordable than Trello.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

I ultimately decided on ClickUp because I felt like it had the best combination of features, affordability, and ease of use. I also liked the fact that ClickUp is constantly adding new features, which made me feel like it would be a good long-term solution.
Valериа

Reviewed on 22/01/2024

A robust tool at a very good price

Pros

I love that it has multiple features, it is a robust tool.

Cons

There is room for improvement in terms of intuitiveness and user-experience, and occasional bugs arise from time to time.

Marc
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 08/01/2024

Easy, intuitive and visual with plenty of scope for customisation.

Overall, I'm happy with Click Up. I was able to log all my projects and break them down into bite sized chunks, tack and manage them efficiently an effectively.

Pros

Click Up is simple and easy to learn; you can be be more efficient from day one. Yet it is powerful enough to cope with the most complex and demanding projects with multiple ways of viewing an analysing your data.

Cons

For more complex tasks the user interface can sometimes be a little clunky and not as intuitive as I would have hoped. But on the whole I was able to find what I was looking for.

Constance

ClickUp keeps us going!

Pros

My team is virtual. Without ClickUp's emails, scheduling and status updates, we would have no idea what the other person had done and it would make communication a longer more tedious process. I can sleep knowing that my team member has marked all items "complete" each day.

Cons

The new update makes the screen harder to see on the calendar version. We use the calendar most and it makes it annoying to not be able to see the whole month.

Shreya

Happy to use Clickup

Pros

My most favorite thing was functionalities provided in description and comment box, specially the list it shows after '/' character. I mostly used that for numbering about attachment. it is really easy to use at implement not only at work but also at personal level. in clickup you can only create 5 spaces in a single workspace if you are using free account but you can create numerious workspaces with single account which can have 5 spaces each for free forever plan.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about Clickup.

Monica
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 22/01/2024

Great task management tool

As a consultant, I have a number of projects for different companies that I work on at once. There are a number of project and track management tools out there and Clickup is the one I like the most because it has all the features AND a clean distraction-free design.

Pros

The clean and easy-to-use design and abundant features.

Cons

There is little support but the app is easy enough that it isn't really crucial.

Bryce
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 11/02/2024

User-friendly, Great for Collaboration

Pros

It has a very user-friendly design, especially on mobile devices. Desktop is good too. I've found that sometimes software changes its look when it goes from desktop to mobile (which I find really annoying), but ClickUp does a good job at maintaining consistency.

Cons

Everything is great about ClickUp except for its bugs on OS. Every few weeks the app will not load anything. They've gotten better with this over time, but it's still a pain when you're out in the field and have to rely on a mobile device.

Fred
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

A real boon for our planning and implementing activities

The real advantage for us has been the ability to keep track of what others are doing as well as individually having these reminders. What we still need to develop is our goal setting and tracking, something we plan to do as we plan for the next year.

Pros

We had been searching for a good planning and tasking software for some time now that can be used online. We have really appreciated being able to break down the tasks on different levels, of projects and lists. It keeps us on task with email reminders and we are able to supplement our communication with one another. We have really appreciated the repeating tasks. The basic setup and use is quite simple and easy to learn, yet there is a real depth of options as activities become more complex.

Cons

There is not much we don't like. Sometimes there are changes with newer versions, and features we had been using are gone or done differently. That is not unique to ClickUp, but it can still be slightly disruptive.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

We liked Rukovoditel, but it really required setting up everything from scratch. That allowed us to really have just what we wanted, but as a small team with limited tech skills, it has been really helpful to have a program that has most of what we need built in and functioning in ways that we just don't know how to set up in Rukovoditel.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

The boards of Trello are an interesting concept, but ClickUp seems to be a more natural way for us for viewing tasks. What is great, though, are the other options to view tasks that are similar to Trello if needed, but we are not bound by that.
Cherry
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

I switched to ClickUp and Never Looked Back

I explored so many tools related to Project Management and my team's task monitoring for years. But, it felt incomplete. There are features that other platforms has but was never rolled into one. When I came across ClickUp, i tried its free account. I fell in love immediately. It did not take me long to avail the paid account. I was surprised it did not stop there. They have been continuously evolving. All new features came from feedback they get from their customers. So, yes - i love that they listen to customers. And all features they deploy are adding value. Sorry if its all praises, ClickUp never paid me to do this *i swear*. I pay for their product and i'm soooo satisfied. Happy customer here.

Pros

It continuously evolving. It never stopped progressing and all those that they have been adding are all added value. I'm truly amazed how this tool have been helping me track all projects and initiatives we have been handling the past year. It made it easy for me to check in with my team and track down our progress on each individual tasks. This tool gives us strong collaboration and connection especially now that we are all working from home.

Cons

I super love this product but if there's anything i love the least is i hope they improve gantt / timeline view further as well as the Form view.

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

It felt like Trello was limited on the project management side of things.

Katie
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 15/04/2022

Love ClickUp

I've been using ClickUP for 2+ years, and am very pleased with the product, and for the features included at a very reasonable price. I look forward to some autoamtion updates, but overall I'm so glad for this tool as my business hub.

Pros

ClickUp is the spot for all your business projects, project management, managing a remote team, etc. I have been able to grow and scale my business because of ClickUp.

Cons

Some of the automations have been clunky recently. Could use a few improvements there, along with the mobile app.

Trello, monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp

Asana didn't have the repeating transactions like I needed.

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Better overall features and had needed annual tasks setup I needed. I manage events and have things that have to happen at the same time each year, and ClickUP set that up the best.
Anastacia

Reviewed on 21/09/2022

ClickUp Works!

Overall ClickUp is the one-stop shop for all things related to task, time, and project management. Our company doesn't have to go out and get a tool for time management in addition to project management. Nope, everything is all bundled into one large system and it makes it so much easier to become familiar with.

Pros

I love that this tool offers so very many solutions for my company's needs. From employee time tracking to task management to project communication, the platform is terrific! It enables everyone from upper management to entry-level to be held accountable for the overall workflow and success of our clients. ClickUp has so many features that you can get a little lost in the shuffle but it gives the peace of mind that it'll do whatever you need it to so long as you spend a little time in the system setting it up the way you need it.

Cons

It can be a little too easy to get lost if you use a lot of features and boards as our company does. This is why we designated specific individuals to be in charge of the management of that department/ area of service within the ClickUp management system.

Response from ClickUp

Hey, Anastacia!

Replied 26/09/2022
Keith
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 31/10/2022

not that great

not very good, it didn't integrate well with anything, was hard to use, the reporting and notifications were annoying and became not used at all

Pros

it was a project tracker that has some options

Cons

didn't follow agile or other methodologies, though very flexible, but also annoying with the administrator features

Response from ClickUp

Hey, Keith!

We truly appreciate the time that you are taking to share details about your experience!

We know it's frustrating when anything falls short of expectations.

We want ClickUp to be your go-to productivity platform, so when we miss the mark, we want to make it right. That's why we have a continued focus on hiring top-tier talent to expand our engineering teams so we can consistently deliver the delightful experiences you demand.

Innovation is also paramount, and we strive to deliver weekly releases that deliver game-changing features to boost your productivity.

We value your feedback and want you to know we're listening.

It's a long road ahead as we work to make the world more productive.

We would love another opportunity to work with you! Please feel free to reach out to us via chat or email at [email protected] to discuss the available resources.

Thank you for choosing ClickUp so we can be a part of this journey together!

Replied 01/11/2022
Amit

Reviewed on 11/12/2022

One of the best and most affordable project management tool

I had a great experience using ClickUp for project management. It is a very user-friendly tool that has helped me to keep track of my projects and tasks. I have found it to be very helpful in organizing my work and keeping me on track. It has also been a great help in collaborating with other team members. Overall, I have found ClickUp to be a very valuable tool for managing my work.

Pros

I love ClickUp as a project management tool for our team. I like how it's user-friendly and how it allows me to easily keep track of my projects. The best feature that we use is the custom properties. I can make notes about my tasks and then I can pull them up in the future to see how long I worked on that task and other details about that project. It's helpful for us to stay on top of our projects and we can easily create and manage them all in one place. I would definitely recommend ClickUp to any team.

Cons

For someone who isn't familiar with technology, it can be daunting to see all the features available in ClickUp. However, I didn't find any major issues with the product.

Response from ClickUp

Hey, Amit!

Replied 21/12/2022
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 16/02/2019

Best Project Management Tool I've Ever Used

I use ClickUp exclusively as a solo user for my personal projects at the moment, although I'm trying to sell the idea to my employer to move a small team toward this to replace our current project planning and bug tracking solutions.
I was so impressed that I upgraded to the Unlimited paid plan and intend to be a lifelong customer.
I absolutely love ClickUp and highly recommend it to everyone.

Pros

-Packed with features and options; advanced features are called "ClickApps" and can be turned on/off by an admin, depending on the team's needs.
-Beautiful UI, with relatively intuitive layout
-Lots of view options: by Time (i.e. a calendar), List, Kanban board, Box (cool idea I haven't seen before), Gantt chart (paid feature), and Reports.
-I love how they allow you to minimize a task to pin it to the bottom of your window for easy access. I regularly pin my top 3-4 tasks I need to urgently work on, which could otherwise get forgotten (although their reminders and notifications system is quite robust, those help too).
-The notepad feature is such a great idea. Perfect for having a convenient way to jot down rough notes, which you can later convert to a task if desired.
-Fast development team: features and improvements are rapidly added.
-Unlike a lot of their competition, they listen to users and are transparent with their roadmap: ClickUp uses a feature feedback tool called Canny to let users suggest and vote on features/improvements/bugs (see clickup.canny.io/). They also publish their roadmap, with regular updates, so you know what is coming (see docs.clickup.com/features/roadmap). I regularly check both of these pages and absolutely love this.
-ClickUp's Support team is amazing. Large amounts of written and video content get posted regularly to teach you how to use various features. And if you get stuck, their Support team responds very quickly.

Cons

There is certainly a learning curve to figuring out how best to fit their many levels of hierarchy that groups of tasks can follow: ClickUp offers spaces, projects, project lists, tasks, sub-tasks, checklists, and "checked lists" (an alternative to bullet points within a description box), as well as tags and the newly-introduced goals.
With all these options, it can certainly be confusing on how to structure your to-dos.
My advice is to 1) watch as many of their support videos as you need to understand what they offer and 2) use only what you know you immediately need, then ignore other features until you see a need in your projects.

Andreas
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 31/03/2019

Clickup is packed with features, but it needs some polishing

Clickups main strength is to give the user full control over how they want to manage their tasks and checklists, while also give the option to viw them the way they prefer it. There is a bit of a learning curve with clickup, but one you get the hang of it, clickup has the possibility of saving a lot of time (for example with recurring tasks for us).
For the productivity freaks like me, clickup is an uncut diamond that need a lot of polishing (mainly better styling in terms of visibility of featues - especially for people with bad eyesight like my girlfriend - but also in terms of using the screen space as optimally as possible). I hope that with time the styling gets updated such that new users can get the same enjoyment out of this system as we have when we applied our own styling to clickup.

Pros

I like that there is so many ways you can customize and view you tasks, which was vital for my girlfriend and i who uses clickup for managing our daily lifes together and for our jobs. The primary reason we switched to clickup was the ability to make recurring tasks, such that we could keep track of maintenace tasks in our home that doesn't have to be done every week.
Before i managed this manually for us, but now we have automated this with clickup. In combination with this we wanted to have one system to manage all over our tasks, reminders and notes, which clickup can do for us. We also wanted to be able to switch views, bacause my girldfriend wants to see tasks in a list view, where i prefer a board view, which was what the main thing that convinced my girlfriend to switch over from trello, which doesnt have this feature.

Cons

The main problem we have with clickup is the overall styling and layout of clickup. Mainly many of the colors in the app is too neutral and often just different shades of grey, which makes it hard to distinguish one thing from another.
Also the acitivity overview in each task is WAY to big, and it would be cool if this was made an optional thing to view, which was hidden at default or could be set to hidden in the settings because we rarely use it.
Lastly the individual elements on the views and for each task has way to much padding around them, which makes it such that you almost cant see any of the important (in my opinion) things on each task, whick is the checklists and the subtasks, which gets pushed out of view when you are rolled to the top of the task, especially when viewing things on a laptop. This also applies to list view, where the tags (which is also hard to read for my girlfriend with bad eyesight) could be moved out to the right instead of being underneath the task name to fill less on the screen so more can be viewed.
To try and make up for these problems, i have actually made my own styling to clickup (i am a system developer myself in my daily job) to solve many of the isues we have with it. When these things are solved, clickup becomes much more intuitive and user friendly to us.
We hope that with time the styling will improve such that we dont have to make out own styling, but in the meantime we get around these issues by this method.

Eva
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 15/04/2019

Great app for staying on top of my workdays, tasks and projects

Clickup has become the easiest way for me to organize my tasks per week because I can easily customize the lists-features to my needs. The best thing is that I can move all items around between lists per drag and drop (I created two lists, each with the five working days of the week: "Week A" and "Week B", because this is the best way for me). I can also plan out whole projects aside from my weekly schedule or combine the two. All lists appear in a neat sidebar. This way I can focus completely on the tasks for each day without having to look a the whole week. To distingish between jobs, I just tag them with different names and colors. And if a task is completed, I can check it "done" and it's gone. I really get stuff done now without getting stressed out anymore by constantly seeing my whole workload in front of me. Thank you, Clickup team!

Pros

I really like organizing my jobs and tasks with Clickup (free version) because it's a both simple and highly customizable app. As a freelance journalist I often have to switch a lot between many jobs and clients. If I don't stay organized, I can easily miss tasks – with Clickup I can really stay on top of it and quickly change my plan day to day if something unexpected comes up. I mostly work alone, which is why a lot of other project management apps (which are mostly designed for teams) aren't right for me. Clickup allows me to do both. The software works nicely both on my desktop and my smartphone. I can create tasks and organize them in individual lists, tag them and create subtasks. I can also add due dates or estimated times to each task if I need to, so I can plan both my to dos for the week and my (realistic) workload for the day.

Cons

I wouldn't change anything major, but like any great app Clickup's still missing some features :-) First and foremost I'd love a german version of Clickup. A real inbox to organize email and create tasks from it directly in Clickup would also come in handy (via IMAP and for any email provider, since I don't have either Outlook nor Google Mail). I would also like to rename the default (required) statuses and disable the "undo" popup in the left bottom corner, because it's really annoying when I remove a lot of tasks at once (they overlap my lists so that I can't use them until the popups disappear after a while). And last but not least: Some tasks are "in progress" for a long time but still far from "done". For example I sometimes work on just one text for many hours and I can't add any subtasks to that task. So I'd love to have a progess bar or circle to manually add the percentage I've already accomplished in each task (like in 10 % steps or so). This would greatly increase my motivation :-)

Rick
Rick
  • Industry: Design
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 17/08/2019

Innovative project/task management software with plenty of power, even in the free tier

I'm impressed overall although I'm not sure I'm going to switch from Todoist. Having task dependencies is pretty tempting though. Definitely anyone looking for a task/project management for teams should look very closely at Clickup. If any of your team has aging eyes, however, trust me they're going to protest.

Pros

I have to say I'm impressed with so much power being offered for small teams for free: Things like email notifications, a slick Android/iOS app, dependencies for tasks (almost never free), file attachments for tasks (ditto), integrations (Todoist and Slack are the two I checked out), generous allocation of projects.

This is a thoughtfully designed app for teams with enterprise-level features for everyone.

At first it might seem like a negative that time tracking isn't native to the app but since so many adopters are probably already using a dedicated TT app, the tight-enough integration with third-party apps like Toggl is a good idea. Plus Clickup has a Chrome extension. See below for caveats.

I also liked being able to minimize tasks to the bottom of the screen.

Other members of the the team, such as managers, can watch tasks without those tasks being assigned to them. This is unique to Clickup, I believe.

Cons

The tagline for the app is One app to replace them all and the strain of accomplishing that shows in the webapp's complex UI. Don't get me wrong, the devs have done an impressive job with basic onboarding, in general, and with cramming so many features on-screen. However there were times I either felt lost or wondered about the various spaces and panes that weren't being used. I kept finding features that

But the worst thing about the UI is the text size and the too-light accent colors. Too many UI elements were in the lightest gray imaginable that could still be perceived. Not at all optimal. Some more themes would be appreciated. I can't see being happy using the app every day because of this. Also, a tiny tiny little flag that indicates a high priority task is kind of a joke. Maybe lightly shade the whole task?

The Android app , on the other hand, is better if not ideal. I'm not used to different type sizes within a pane.

I disabled the Chrome extension because when it was installed it kept crashing my other extensions and its massive CPU grab led to my having to Powerwash my Chromebook.

Kia
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 08/02/2022

best all in one crm

Very easy to learn, lots of help available through the software. Also easy to find tutorials online. Very customizable and beginner friendly for a lot of industries.

Pros

customization features; softwares comes with templates for a quick start or you can start from scratch

Cons

I'm a one person business owner and I would like there to be more automations for the lower priced plans. Mine are usually used up quickly. After they are used, you have to wait until the next month to get more. As a small business owner, thats a headache as I am only one person and need many of my tasks automated daily.

Zoho CRM, Airtable, monday.com, Asana and HubSpot CRM

Cost, Clickup offers better deals

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp

Cost, ease of use, design aesthetics

Response from ClickUp

Hey, Sarah!

We really appreciate you taking the time to leave such an amazing review!

We're happy to hear that you're enjoying the Automations of ClickUp! We're excited to have you here from Monday.com!

If you find that you are running out of Automations each month, you can purchase extra Automations!

To do this:

1. Click on your profile avatar and choose Billing or Upgrade. Note this is only available to Workspace admins and owners.

2. Choose the automation add-on option that is right for you

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you need anything at all, and have a great, productive day!

Replied 07/05/2022

Reviewed on 24/07/2022

Amazing Software

I love it.

Pros

I love ClickUp! It's a great project management tool because it's so versatile. I can use it for managing my work projects, my personal projects, and even my to-do list. It's really easy to use, and the interface is really clean and organized. The best part is that it's totally free!

Cons

Not that I don't like, but ClickUp can be a little slow to load at times. Second, I would really like to see more customization options, such as font type and color, available. Finally, I would love to see a better way to filter tasks and projects. Right now it's a little clunky and not very user-friendly.

Response from ClickUp

Hey, there!

Replied 29/08/2022

Reviewed on 20/11/2022

Great tool for my company.

ClickUp is a powerful cloud-based tool for communication and project management. It can seem intimidating at first, but once you get accustomed to the user interface (especially on the free version), it will become second nature. ClickUp is an excellent choice for businesses and projects of all sizes, in all industries.

Pros

One thing I love about Clickup is the ability to make tasks dependent on others. That way, instead of having to move cards and manually check them off (which can get very time-consuming), you can just mark a task complete and the Clickup system will automatically notify the next person in line to do their part. It's honestly why our team uses Clickup because we have multiple big projects that are often too large for just one person.

Cons

As with any new software, you'll need a bit of time to get used to the interface and start learning all of its features. But don't worry, what you invest in learning now will save you a ton of time in the future. There are still some features that need to be worked on, but the developers are focused and quick with new releases.

Jira and Trello

Asana

Response from ClickUp

Hey, there!

Replied 02/12/2022
Hilda N
Hilda N
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 23/10/2023

Straightforward Platform that require No savvy tech

I have had an experience full of absolute happiness. With ClickUp Iam able to manage all my design batch allocated to me at the office and also do those of my personal clients. With it's intuitive easy to use features I have found it extremely useful and convenient for creation of new tasks,update my colleagues and manage my workstreams whenever, wherever

Pros

ClickUp is one of the most facile platform there is in the market. It's intuitive UI requires no prior knowledge to be able to operate it effectively because it is easy to use and setting it up is in seconds. It's price is also soo effective for any business. On the other hand ClickUp is an all in one productivity tool whose features I have found soo crucial in my workspace. With ClickUp I have multiple views I can choose from on my tasks which range from lookup for designs from website such as freepik, actual design of graphics, printing and packaging for collection by client. This gives me quality overview on all my work across the workspace where I can sort, group or filter. I am also able to plan using timelines. Allowance for customization is a plus for me. That I can adjust my it to get fit my own needs and likings from the widgets dashboard to task status. Also the templates saves you alot of adjustment time since they are inbuilt Time tracking capabilities helps me focus on work and give me the control over my time. Not to mention real time reporting from where I can create and visualize reports on progress of each task. Collaboration friction is not a thing anymore because ClickUp enhances team communication through realtime chat,white board where we can brainstorm on creative ideas , share documents and also identify who is working on which batch of printouts. Availability of ClickUp in a mobile app allow me to catch on anything about work anywhere

Cons

To be honest ClickUp has made remote working and collaboration across the graphic team enjoyable for me. I can only give it a thumbs up for that rather than complaining because everything about it is plus

Boryana
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 28/12/2023

Decent tool. Works for my multidisciplinary team.

Fairly positive. Overall it is very useful, we have used it to manage our team work, track and report project progress, do planning, etc.
Bear in mind that we are a multidisciplinary work, so we've tried to make it work both for delivery/ tech functions and research and strategy.
The only drawbacks are the small customisations we haven't been able to make (e.g. the weekly view to start on a differerent day) and the syncing time / loading time.

Pros

1. Helps us manage our workload and set the expectations right. It allows us to plan and forecast work: we get to understand the pace at which we move on projects, it allows us to understand what blockers have occured and how long it takes us to deal with them.
2. Allows us to see clearly where we have dependencies (so that no task or person on the team blocks another person to do their tasks). We use it to optimise our sprints.
3. Supports productivity and team collaboration: during the sprint check-ins, we refer to teh burn-down charts to see if we are on track and if anyone needs help.

Cons

1. Syncing takes time. E.g. Once we have planned our month, we input all information in ClickUp and so it happends that a few people make changes in parallel and we refresh and give time for the changes to appear.
2. Some of the views don't load propearly occasionally. E.g. In the Workload view, the users with their workload for the week disappear and we cannot see our workload. Refreshing the view helps, but can be annoying.
3. We haven't found a way to track time for personal projects and not have them appear in the reporting. E.g. I want to time tracked for volunteering, which is separate from our work and my time utilisation at work, but this doesn't seem to be possible. All time tracked goes to utilisation. The same way we need to track time for time off. It would be good if this gets implemented.
4. There is a weekly view, however it would be better for us to get a view not starting on Monday, but on the first day of our sprint (in our case Wednesday).