QuickBooks Time Reviews

4.7

4.7

About QuickBooks Time

QuickBooks Time is a cloud-based time tracking solution that helps owners and managers keep track of employees in real-time from their web or mobile applications. It provides mobile time tracking for employees who either work...

4.8

Browse QuickBooks Time Reviews

6,807 of 6,807 reviews
Roselyn
Roselyn

Reviewed on 12/02/2023

"QuickBooks Time Makes Tracking Time Simple and Efficient"

QuickBooks Time to help manage my business finances and I'm really happy with the results. The software is extremely easy to use, and the customer service team is always on hand to answer any questions I have. The time tracking feature has been especially helpful for keeping track of employee hours, as well as for billing clients. I also appreciate the fact that QuickBooks Time syncs with my existing QuickBooks account so I can quickly view and update my finances. Overall, I'm very pleased with QuickBooks Time and highly recommend it to any business looking for an easy and efficient way to manage their finances.

Pros

I recently started using QuickBooks Time to manage our employee time tracking and it has been an amazing experience. From the easy setup to the intuitive interface, QuickBooks Time makes it easy to keep track of time, assign tasks, and monitor progress. The ability to set up multiple teams and have different settings for each team has been incredibly helpful in keeping our team organized and efficient. The integration with QuickBooks Online is also incredibly helpful in making sure our finances are up to date. Overall, QuickBooks Time makes it easy to keep our team organized and efficient and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a great time tracking solution. I highly recommend Capterra to anyone looking to find the right software for their business.

Cons

I’ve been using QuickBooks software for a few years now and it has been a great experience overall. The software is extremely user-friendly, and I’ve found it very easy to set up accounts and track expenses. The customer service team is also very helpful and always willing to help out with any issues I might have. One thing I didn’t like about QuickBooks software was the lack of customization options. I found it difficult to customize the look and feel of the software in order to better suit my business needs. Additionally, the software seemed to be missing some features that I would have liked to have seen included. Overall, though, QuickBooks is a great software and I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for an easy-to-use accounting system.

Wave

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

I chose QuickBooks Time over the alternative products because it offers the most comprehensive set of features for tracking employee time and attendance. It has an easy-to-use interface with a mobile app that makes it easy for employees to clock in and out of work, as well as for supervisors to manage their teams. It also integrates with other QuickBooks products, such as QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Payroll, allowing for a seamless and automated workflow. Additionally, it provides detailed reports that help managers and business owners to better understand employee productivity and labor costs. Finally, the price point is very competitive and the customer service is excellent.
Roger
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 15/05/2024

My Comprehensive Review

Overall, my experience with QuickBooks Time has been positive. It's a comprehensive tool that meets my time tracking and project management needs. Despite some concerns about cost and setup complexity, the ease of use, advanced features, and strong customer support make it a valuable tool for my business.

Pros

I find QuickBooks Time to be incredibly user-friendly. The interface is intuitive, making it simple for my team to clock in and out. The mobile app is particularly convenient, allowing access on both iOS and Android devices. : I appreciate the advanced features like GPS tracking, geofencing, and mileage tracking. These are particularly useful for managing my mobile workforce. The Time Kiosk feature also allows employees to clock in using a shared device, which adds flexibility.

Cons

The cost can add up, especially for the Elite plan. The per-employee charges can become quite expensive for larger teams, which is something to consider. While GPS tracking is a great feature, its accuracy sometimes depends on cellular service quality, which can lead to occasional discrepancies in location data.

Emz
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 09/05/2024

Pros and Cons of QuickBooks Time

It been pretty good though I would say it could definitely be better. recommended to me by a friends mom, been super useful.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. The way its designed is pretty simply which is good for use of multiple different age levels.

Cons

I wish it was a little more open in a sense that they were quicker and could share more reviews over the software.

Top QuickBooks Time Alternatives

Eranda
  • Industry: Capital Markets

Reviewed on 23/03/2024

Streamlining financial management

Finding it to be a reliable and user friendly accounting software solution.user oftern appreciate its comprehensive features.

Pros

Comprehensive features it provides a wide range of features for invoicing expense tracking 'payroll management reporting 'and more

Cons

Despite its user friendly interface mastering all off quickbook' features may require some time and training 'particularly for users who are new to accounting software

Jamieal
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 30/04/2024

Quick book review

Because of its strong labor management and time tracking features, QuickBooks Time is generally well-liked. Its accurate time tracking features, easy interaction with various accounting and payroll systems like QuickBooks Online, and user-friendly interface are highly valued by users.

Pros

QuickBooks Time is frequently commended for having an intuitive interface that makes managing calendars, running reports, and keeping track of time for both employees and enterprises simple.

Cons

Even though QuickBooks Time is acknowledged for having an intuitive UI, novice users may still find the initial setup to be a little challenging, particularly when setting up custom rules, permissions, or connectors.

Renee

Reviewed on 30/05/2024

Quikbooks review

Good. Very minor set backs when using but for the most part it is user friendly

Pros

It helps us maintain the budget cost for labor for each of our projects.
It makes doing payroll easier as we do not have to manually log our time.
We are able to see which employee is at each jobsite so we can better coordinate.

Cons

Sometimes we are not able to connect to the internet at our jobsite locations and it is useless when we are offline.

Naiem
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 26/05/2024

Streamlined Time Management: A Review of QuickBooks Time

Pros

QuickBookstime.com gives a seamless solution in efficient management of employee working hours. Its catchiest feature is probably the fact that it just so happens to have one of the simplest interfaces in the business making monitoring different times assigned to specific projects as well as duties extremely easy even when it might be hard in most cases. Additionally, through customization depending on your line of work therefore assisting in keeping time properly and managing payroll accurately this software can also be termed as flexible. For instant notifications as well as informed decision-making, users can get updated information about their status by looking at a dashboard on any web browser.

Cons

QuickBooks Time remains a dependable and effective solution for companies who desire efficient time taking processes. There are updates that keep on coming with splendid features which can make it more necessary in staff time control.

Hartley
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 07/06/2024

Great way to keep track of employees' times!

Pros

What I enjoy most about QuickBooks time is how easy it is to view and change/edit employees time clocks. My employees also enjoy QuickBooks times because of how easy it is to keep track of their hours and to clock in and out.

Cons

What I like least about QuickBooks times is honestly nothing! I am able to use this site with ease as well as my employees.

Justin
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 03/05/2024

Legal Case Manager Review

Pros

The ability to modify time. Sometimes I will get to work 15 minutes early. It will take some time for my computer to boot up and I won't be able to login until I am 15 minutes late. I am able to modify the clockin time once I am logged in.

Cons

The time it takes to login. I use my computer to login. I used to have a slow computer. I would show up at the office and wouldn't be able to clock in until 30 minutes later because the computer was loading.

• Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 21/04/2024

The Best as Always

Pros

Good for both tracking employee’s time and client billing, very easy to use, syncs with existing QuickBooks account

Cons

Expensive, not many options for customization

Jessica

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

Awesome. Customer service has been always great and accessible. The follow-up and follow-through is amazing and makes me feel valued as a consumer.

Pros

Ease of Use is definitely on the top of my list. To be able to seamlessly transition between clients and projects without stopping my timer and opening up window upon window or tab upon tab makes life easier. Reporting is also easy and allows me to identify how much time I've spent on a client and/or project, what's billable, and how staff spent their time. It also allows my company to be in compliance with overtime based on company settings and breaks by just having a separate button for that. Love it.

Cons

I don't currently like that if a client has a subclient/project/job (whatever you call it), you have to track your time at the subclient level and are no longer able to track at the client level. Timekeeping should be flexible enough to allow for both.

OfficeTools

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Time

LiquidPlanner was supposed to help with project management but it made the process, reporting, and timekeeping very cumbersome and more time-consuming. Plus, Tsheets now integrates with QBO which we use regularly. Just need the QBO integration with projects to be released officially.

LiquidPlanner

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

Abacus and Cloud Servers...not sure about that.
Lingraj

Reviewed on 11/04/2023

Quick & Easy to use platform or multiple aspects

my overall experience with Quickbooks is fabulous as it served as my assistant in record keeping and accountability, It was quick and easy to operate and extract required data whenever necessary through drag and drop features.

Pros

Its books and ledger segregation feature is unique as compared to similar platforms like Zohobooks and Freshbooks

Cons

A few of the processes like adding a new asset type take time to add to the primary library.Beneficiary account details are sometimes difficult to track as the sorting feature is not available.

SAP S/4HANA Cloud

FreshBooks

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

Freshbooks had faulty errors many times and the customer support was worse, it would take 48hrs and more to resolve an issue and to get the work done.Eventually, the platform was getting frozen upon uploading bulk data like employee records, asset details, and other attachments.Quickbooks was referred to us by our client and partners.While it's been 3 years of using QuickBooks and there have been no technical issues that required me to reach out to the support services.
Shahmir
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 14/06/2023

An excellent tool for scheduling and tracking

Tracking of hours should be more clear, rest all is fine.

Pros

Being a senior researcher, I have to keep a track of my projects and their deadlines. QuickBooks provides me with all the details and services I am looking for. Moreover, their Customer service is excellent. I strongly recommend all the people involved in scheduling, monitoring and payroll management to try this platform. Surely, you wont be disappointed.

Cons

Monthly Subscriptions. There should be an option of lifetime subscription.

Oracle Primavera Cloud

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Time

Quickbooks time is more user friendly and easy to learn. Also, tracking in this software is more easy as compared to other related softwares.

Lillian
Lillian

Reviewed on 06/10/2023

Each task has registration and geographic tracking with Quickbooks Time

Look for time and project management systems that don't require extensive learning curves and can be picked up with minimal effort. When we're out and about, we never have to worry about the app crashing. Your time management skills are put to the test by the fact that this item is here.

Pros

This software includes tools for tracking employees' arrival and departure times and locations, as well as the total amount of time spent at each job site. This helps you save time and money by preventing the worker from clocking in from another location. The distribution and use of the software is possible on a wide range of mobile devices.

Cons

Sometimes the gps location is off. The app's features may sometimes occasionally be unclear. Additionally, it cannot operate without a connection to the internet.

Joshua
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 10/07/2023

Joshua's Review of QuickBooks

Pros

QuickBooks offers record-keeping and reporting and the entry-level plan comes with more free reports than its competitors.If you opt for the premium plan it will of course offer many more features.There are many integrations to choose from, plus options to add in-house bookkeeping and payroll.All the information is simple to share with my bosses. The company also offers experts and online resources if needed.Excellent customer service 24/7 with a friendly staff

Cons

The monthly plans are a little more expensive compared to other programs.QuickBooks only offers a limited amount of users with each plan. Even the highest plan on allows 25.Although complicated when first starting after learning the program it gets easier.

Dada
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 26/11/2023

Ease of use

It had been very good and made my job faster

Pros

It makes accounting very easy even with basic accounting abilities you can navigate QuickBooks and produce quality reports

Cons

Sometime professional support can be lacking

TallyPrime

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Time

Quick online was very favourable and came highly recommended by other professionals.

Peach Software

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

Its ease of usage and came highly recommended
Aninda

Reviewed on 21/10/2022

Awesome HR Management Application

It was great and effective all through. However we didn't continue it further because of the hefty cost we incurred.

Pros

This is a full fledged HR Management Application covering end-to-end features. Using this app empowered HR department to be more effective and our employees/users got their work/service done at breeze with speed!

Cons

The price is a bit on the higher side and it gives you a burn if you've 500+ users using this application, which is what happened in our case. We have 600+ users using this.

Sage HR

Reasons for Choosing QuickBooks Time

Xero's local product support was very very non-responsive!

Xero

Reasons for Switching to QuickBooks Time

QuickBooks seemed to have all the features that we required
Adeel

Reviewed on 30/11/2023

Review of QuickBooks Time

The best among all is QuickBooks Time and very satisifed with the services.

Pros

Utilizing QuickBooks Time is a fantastic program. for workers and seamlessly integrates with payroll. With the help of this software, we no longer need to manually update timesheets on paper or in Excel, which had a significant margin of error. Our team can now track time in real time, down to the second, and to any department or cost code they require with QuickBooks Time.

Cons

Although occasionally some features are not easily accessible, QuickBooks Time customer service is slow to respond.

Catherine
Catherine

Reviewed on 11/08/2023

Quickbooks handles all of our timekeeping needs

Since I am responsible for keeping track of my own time, I appreciate how easy it is to use. And the mobile app is great because it's not always easy to find a PC when you need to change jobs.

Pros

That we can meet all your time tracking requirements with just one app. I can easily check on everyone's progress and make any necessary adjustments or adjustments. The ease of use is also great for the staff.

Cons

It would be useful to have more options for grouping. I also wish there were more flexible permission settings instead of limiting updates to the admin.

William

Reviewed on 05/01/2017

Why didn't I do T-Sheets sooner!!!

MMI is a Small Subcontractor, with 10 employees and growing.
We use T-Sheets for our employee's time card program which are linked to our QuickBooks. With a hit of a button T-sheets and QuickBooks are synced, which makes time entry, time verification, job reporting, so much easier.
T-Sheets is so easy to use for the employee and employer. Customer support is right there via chat or after hours you are able to send an email and usually before I get into work I have my answer. I am a Penney pitcher and the cost is well worth it. We don't use the calendar option due to it doesn't fit our needs it is on the basic side and we need a more complex layout because we use our calendar as a work ticket for our installers and this is why we only put 4 stars on features. All in all, we/ I am very happy with T-Sheets :)

Pros

MMI is a Small Subcontractor, with 10 employees and growing.
We use T-Sheets for our employee's time card program which is linked to our QuickBooks. With a hit of a button T-sheets and QuickBooks are synced, which makes time entry, time verification, job reporting, so much easier.
T-Sheets is so easy to use for the employee and employer. Customer support is right there via chat or after hours you're able to send an email and usually before I get into work I have my answer. I am a Penney pitcher and the cost is well worth it. We don't use the calendar option due to it doesn't fit our needs it is on the basic side and we need a more complex layout because we use our calendar as a work ticket for our installers and this is why we only put 4 stars on features. All in all, we/ I am very happy with T-Sheets

Cons

We don't use the calendar option due to it doesn't fit our needs it is on the basic side and we need a more complex layout because we use our calendar as a work ticket for our installers and this is why we only put 4 stars on features. All in all we/ I am very happy with T-Sheets

Reviewed on 04/05/2017

Dominic was very prompt very polite very personable and very helpful!

organization and time savings are the two biggest benefits

Pros

Overall ease of use is phenomenal! its extremely convenient, my employees love it. the cloud access is probably my favorite feature. being able to add and edit job codes from the mobile app is great! theres just so many things i love about the software that i cant begin with a review and keep it under 1500 words. in short i like the: compatibility with xero, square and others, i like the functions it can provide with scheduling, job reports etc. the pto is simple and easy to understand which is great. The customer service is absolutely out of this world. i think that might actually be my favorite part of the software. i cant thank you guys enough for putting such an emphasis on that end of things! in todays day and age its a lost service and dealing with tsheets support is always pleasant, easy and fast! very very refreshing!!

Cons

the cons i have are, certain functions are a little hard to get the hang of, for instance the overtime calculator and job costs function, i wish there was a way to add expenses to each employee such as insurance, social security, medicare etc so i could have an itemized list of what each job actually costs and what percentage of it is fixed costs and what can be trimmed or cut out. The complexity and highly indepth nature could be considered a con or a pro its a double edged sword really, i love all of the functions but i feel as though i need to take a class just to understand all of the functions and how to properly use them to make tsheets as effective as it can possibly be. so the in depth nature is fantastic if i were to take the time to train myself or pay to train an employee but a bit of a con when i dont exactly have a ton of spare time to train myself and budgets are tight due to re investing into the company tools and etc. i realize calling that a con is a bit of a stretch because it should be figured into company budget for training/reinvesting but a simplified version could be good or step by step tutorials for each individual function would help so i can train myself on what immedeately is important vs training on the entire software on some stuff i may never need/use. hope that helps! your software is amazing! keep up the fantastic work!!

Victor

Reviewed on 15/09/2022

2022 QuickBooks Best Review

Pros

You can manage your team's time and schedules using QuickBooks Time without a physical time clock or laborious spreadsheets. It can be found in QuickBooks Online and effortlessly works with QuickBooks Payroll and other well-known payroll programs. For firms with employees who need to travel to a job site as well as remote teams, QuickBooks Time is a great fit. In contrast to other time tracking tools, QuickBooks Time offers all the tools you need for light project management as well as task and project costing. Since QuickBooks Time and QuickBooks Online are integrated, data entry for billing and payroll is almost removed. Managing paid time off is one of its fundamental HR aspects, which will lessen the need for extra software. For your small business, QuickBooks Time is a great option because of all of these capabilities.

Your employees might really like keeping track of their time if they have a variety of ways to clock in and out and nice, witty reminders when they forget.

Cons

The base-plus-subscriber charge for QuickBooks Time might be too expensive for some companies, especially if they employ a very large or very small number of people. Furthermore, other companies with straightforward time tracking requirements might find QuickBooks Time to be overly complex.

However, QuickBooks Time's failure to manage employee attestation in areas where employees are required to take breaks is by far its worst flaw. Employers risk incurring significant fines if they don't give rest intervals as specified by state legislation and at the appropriate times. Employers are responsible for ensuring that rest breaks are provided and taken. Consider a different time tracking solution with an attestation toolkit if your company operates in a state that mandates employee rest periods.

Efezino
Efezino
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 09/12/2022

Very Helpful

Overall, while QuickBooks offers a range of benefits and features, it is important for organizations to carefully consider their specific needs and requirements before committing to the software.

Pros

QuickBooks is an excellent software product that has helped my business in many ways. The user-friendly interface and robust features make it easy to manage and track our finances, from invoicing and bill payment to generating reports and analyzing data. The integration with other tools, such as our bank account and credit card, makes it simple to keep our financial information up-to-date and accurate. Additionally, the customer support team is always helpful and responsive, which has been a huge asset for our business. Overall, I would highly recommend QuickBooks to any business looking for a comprehensive and effective financial management solution.

Cons

While QuickBooks is a popular and effective financial management tool, it does have some limitations and potential drawbacks. Some of the potential cons of using QuickBooks include:Cost: QuickBooks can be expensive, particularly for small businesses or organizations with limited budgets. The cost of the software, as well as any additional licenses or modules, can add up quickly.Complexity: QuickBooks is a comprehensive financial management tool that can be complex to set up and use, particularly for organizations that are not familiar with the software. This can be a barrier for some organizations, particularly those with limited IT resources.Integration: While QuickBooks integrates well with other financial tools and services, it may not be as compatible with non-financial systems and applications. This can make it difficult for organizations that use a mix of different software products to fully leverage the capabilities of QuickBooks.Customization: QuickBooks provides a wide range of features and tools, but it may not always be possible to customize the software to fit the unique needs of a particular organization. This can be a limitation for organizations that require specific features or functionality that are not available out-of-the-box.

Larisa

Reviewed on 14/09/2016

I Love TSheets - is the best thing since sliced bread :)

Pros

It's incredibly user friendly. We have a complex company setup, our needs are very lengthy, but no matter what we've thrown at them... they have catered to us and made it work! The platform is flexible enough to seamlessly fit our needs. The few hurdles we've faced were easily overcome. The main problems we have run into were issues with syncing TSheets data into Quickbooks (where we run our payroll). Their service reps are knowledgeable, patient, and they truly do take the time to see it all the way through. I am so beyond impressed with their program AND their staff. I can recall one particular call that was difficult, and this is within the first week of signing up. This rep went so far above what my expectations were. They 3-way called Quickbooks tech support to get to the bottom of it for me! We spent an hour and a half on the phone, the Tsheets service rep was relentless in getting my problem resolved! They were professional, funny, and made the whole experience a positive one - even though it was very frustrating for me. A little background to the situation - I had already called TSheets and the initial rep I spoke to said the problem isn't with their system, it is an issue with Quickbooks so that's who we need to call. So I did, I called QB tech support several times and wasn't getting anywhere, despite being passed around to different people and departments. So I decided to call TSheets again to see if there was a creative way to work around the particular problem we had. And that's precisely what we did. They did a screen share for me, and walked me through adjusting my Quickbooks settings. Who does that?! Wow, I've never ever experienced that kind of professionalism. Here a TSheets rep was more savvy in Quickbooks than the actual Quickbooks support people. I couldn't believe it! I am beyond impressed with these people. Instead of getting passed around to different people, getting hung up on, or being rushed off the phone because your question is too complicated or unique, they literally treat you like you're the most important client to them. Each and every time. It's amazing! I promise, the hype you read about Tsheets is 100% legitimate. I love them!

Cons

I wish we had a single account rep that managed our company's account... however, even though we call a toll free number, the system is simple and quick. It isn't like most other places where you must press 5 buttons and listen to multiple, lengthy menus before getting to talk to a human. You literally press one button and within 20 seconds someone answers the phone. And that same person who answered is the one who will walk you through the troubleshooting of whatever your issue is. Their cross-training is remarkable. I've never experienced such an easy system! I really am blown away. I've personally called about a half a dozen times and spoken to different people each time, and every single one of them knew what they were talking about and were very, very helpful! My main disappointment is I prefer having a single go-to person that I can email instead of hopping on the phone. But that's a small price to pay because either way, their kick-ass team caters to us and it's pretty awesome!

William
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

Great software for creating schedules and tracking time

Being able to track my employee's time, to manage payrolls in a faster way and keeping in touch with everyone's schedule are some of the benefits TSheets has given me ever since I started implementing it in my work. And not only it works to keep track of other employees but also for myself; I can track the time that I work in a certain project for a client that needs me to give a report of my time spent on each ongoing project.
In general, TSheets has been an amazing tool that keeps making my life easier and free from the stress of having to do everything manually and by myself. With this software, the amount of work is decreased and I am given a helpful tool to help me go through my day without any issues regarding employees' arrival time.

Pros

I've been using TSheets since I started working in management, and it has been a great resource for my job, to the point that it has saved me hours of work that can be spent in something different. TSheets is amazing for checking times of every employee in a digital format that is displayed uniquely on the site's main page. Its GPS tool was not something I knew I needed until I tried it, and it works perfectly to match the employees' time and their locations. When it comes to money-saving, I think TSheets does an amazing job being in charge check-ins and outs, instead of us having to do everything manually, and it surely has made me save money that was being wasted by carefully analyzing my employee's work.
TSheets has been a very devoted software since the start, continuously giving reports in real-time and bringing great answers to my questions every time I contact their customer support. In terms of functionality, I like that it supports diverse devices that work amazingly no matter in what type of network I'm in; it has the reliability I want to find in every software because it's important for me being able to access the softwares that I need for my work everywhere.
It is a program that combines multiple tools to give amazing results tracking-wise, one of my favorite tools being the scheduling that I can do before any project starts along with the payroll option that allows me to estimate how much it's being wasted on everything, to eventually process it successfully.

Cons

TSheets can come off as pricey, especially for a small business like me. Its prices range from free to a large amount of money but in my opinion, its benefits are worth it and I'm not sure there is another software as supportive of their customers as TSheets.
Another thing that could be improved a little bit more are the way the reports are made, I would like to be able to go deeper into a report instead of keeping it simple. But it's not that much of a problem.